Welcome to the Gormiti character page. This page will try to cover as well as possible the various characters, both good and bad, populating the magical universe of the Island of Gorm, and includes the characters from the new TV series Gormiti The Lords Of Nature Return. Enjoy!
Tribes of Gorm
The chosen champion of the Earth tribe, Kolossus is one hulking brute of a warrior who never backs down from a challenge and is always ready to take on any challenger. Very prideful and boastful of his abilities, he is nonetheless devoted to defending the weak and stop the predations of the Volcano tribe.
- Break the Haughty: Kolossus started out arrogant and boastful, and thought there was no warrior stronger than him. When he almost got killed for not being able to keep his tremendous strenght in check, he started to become more humble.
- Defeat Means Friendship: With Carrapax.
- Disability Superpower: Kolossus is blind, and "sees" by perceiving even the smallest movements of the earth (Much like Toph...).
- Multiarmed And Dangerous
- My God, What Have I Done?: In his battle against Carrapax, he almost died when he gave in to his anger and, with a single punch, created a fissure that was about to swallow him.
Nicholas "Nick" Tripp
The chosen one who wields the power of the Earth tribe. Nick is a serious and somewhat geeky kid who likes studying and is extremely curious about everything that surrounds him. He also tries to keep his more undisciplined older brother Toby in check, even though he isn't always successful. When he activates his powers, he becomes the physically stronger member of the team... although he doesn't particularly like fighting and would much rather be chosen as the Keeper.
Leader of the Sea tribe during the period of the great wars. Carrapax is a just, righteous and serious warrior who commands the respect of not just his tribe, but also that of many warriors of other tribes, and the winner of the Great Tournament of Gorm, held to determine which tribe would hold the greatest authority on the island. He's very thoughtful and slow to anger.
- Defeat Means Friendship: With Kolossus.
- Giant Enemy Crab: He's a crustacean-like creature... but he displays none of the aggressiveness usually associated with the trope.
- Honor Before Reason: So the Gormite who is about to fall to his doom is an enemy? For Carrapax, that's not enough of a reason not to help him.
- Martial Pacifist
Tobias "Toby" Tripp
Main protagonist of the TV series, an happy-go-lucky and hyperactive kid with a huge love from playing harmless pranks, and who would much rather go for another adventure in Gorm than study. He's Nick's older brother, and the oldest member of the team, but he usually act like he's the youngest, and often needs to be saved from whatever trouble he raised. Still, he's a brave and selfless young man whose heart is in the right place.
- Designated Victim: Poor guy, he seems to be the prime target for capture...
- Dumb Blonde: Male version.
- Evil Costume Switch: When possessed by Obscurio in Episode 5 of the first season.
- Idiot Hero
- The Plan: Yes, he's probably the last you'd expect one from... and yet, he pulled one on Burning Maul that worked perfectly!
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Nick.
- The Trickster: Playing pranks is his forte!
The Vomica are said to be the most savage creatures of the Sea tribe. They form huge herds and attack reckless swimmers, not unlike piranhas.
- Cold-Blooded Whatever: They belong to the Sea tribe and look like piranhas, yet they also have dinosaur-like limbs.
Lucas is the Chosen One who received the power of the Forest... and predictably enough, he's the nature lover of the Four-Temperament Ensemble. He comes across as the more thoughtful of the team, and the one who takes the missions on Gorm more seriously... though he's also got a dry wit he puts to use when someone else (usually Toby...) does something stupid.
Only girl of the team, Jessica is a smart and determined young lady who controls the power of the Air tribe, giving her great speed and agility at the cost of physical power. She's a loyal friend despite her seemingly flightly nature, and it can be safely said that she's "one of the boys". Despite this, she's also a fashion freak (with a particularly soft spot for shoes...)
- Action Girl
- An Ice Person
- Dumb Blonde: Complete subversion of the trope: she's one of the smartest members of the team.
- Expy: Let's see... blonde, pretty, independent, somewhat vain, a fashionista, with Winged Humanoid forms and wind-based powers... Jessica, are you sure you're not related to Zoe Orimoto?
- The Fashionista
- Little Miss Badass: An orange belt at Judo at the age of 12.
- Only One Name
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Woah, Jessica, you really do!
- The Smurfette Principle: Averted. She's the only girl in the team, but she isn't treated any differently from the guys.
- You Go, Girl!
- Big Bad: In Season 1 of the TV series.
- The Dragon: Becomes this to Obscurio in Season 2.
- Evil Overlord
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Obscurio does this to him after he's awakened Incubion and Oneiron.
- Body Horror: Look at his arm!
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Demoted to Extra: He appears once in Season 2, then disappears.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: In the TV series.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: In the toyline.
- Small Name, Big Ego: In the TV series.
- Villain Decay: Take a good look at his tropes...