This is character sheet for the characters that appear in Gloomverse. May contain spoilers, notably about countries of origin.
- Fantastic Racism: It is very common in Gloomverse to hate those without magic, as well as Inversians in particular.
Assistant AKA Rylie AKA Royletta Greenwich Biv
A teenage girl who gets kicked out of her house after a fight with her parents about her not possessing magic while everyone else does, she serves as the protagonist and heroine of the story. After a pleasant (or not so pleasant) turn of events comes her way, she is hired by Wallis to be his assistant for his magic shows. As Characterization sets in, she becomes the Only Sane Man of the cast.
- Action Girl: With all the training Wallis has her do, it's no surprise she'd become this.
- Ambiguously Brown: Her parents and she are noticeably darker than most of the cast.
- An Arm and a Leg: She loses a leg after the fight with Cakegirl.
- Badass Normal: Has no powers of her own, but still kicks ass. Eventually subverted when she gets her hat during the Cakegirl arc's climax.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Assistant is a nice girl most of the time, but piss her off...
- The Determinator: Wants to be seen as equal to someone who has magic, so she's prone to this.
- Despair Event Horizon: After seeing all of her friends disappear or seemingly die, Assistant reaches this.
- Fangirl: Of Wallis. Before meeting him, at least.
- Forced to Watch: Can only sit there and hold Seaweed as Cakegirl tries to break her wand, causing Seaweed to double over and writhe in agony.
- Handicapped Badass: After losing her leg.
- Meaningful Name: Royletta Greenwich Biv, AKA RGB, and the acronym of the colors of the rainbow, roygbiv. She has rainbow magic.
- Multicolored Hair: Wallis forces rainbow-colored dreads on her after he hires her.
- Not So Above It All: While she is significantly more mature and grounded than some of her friends, she gets her share of weird moments as well.
- Only Sane Man: Compared to Wallis and Harold? Definitely.
- Perky Goth: Her fashion sense and attitude paint her as one.
- Ship Tease: With Harold, and some with Wallis.
A famous magician who hires Assistant after she is kicked out of her house. While he is very talented and handsome, it quickly becomes very clear that he is not all that he seems.
- All That Glitters: Holds up a facade of being nice and generous, when, on the inside, he's actually obnoxious and rude.
- Badass Cape: He wears one.
- Berserk Button: Don't hurt his family.
- Big Ego, Hidden Depths: Turns out his extravagant confidence is mostly an act.
- Bishōnen: Invoked here
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: While Wallis certainly isn't bad, he is obnoxious and immature. His mom brings out his better side, and he has a soft spot for her.
- The Fighting Narcissist: VERY aware of his good looks.
- Flying on a Cloud: His magic allows him to do this. Uses this when looking for Harold in the second chapter.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Appears to fly off the handle at the slightest inconvenience.
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: At the start of the comic, he's more popular and beloved than the president of his own country, but after the Magic Show arc, the fact that he was sheltering an Inversian is made public, and this combined with his own disappearance causes him to lose most of his fame and status. He probably shouldn't have snubbed said president when she wanted in on his magic show.
- Jerkass: A defining character trait of his.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite his attitude, he genuinely cares for Harold , Purple, Assistant, and Evets. Even though he neglected to learn the names of the last two for weeks after employing them.
- This becomes especially obvious when he invites Hobo to watch his magic show, despite being outwardly disgusted by him before.
- Large Ham: He tends to be very melodramatic.
- Like Brother and Sister: Affectionately calls Assistant "little sis" while she's in a coma.
- Mean Boss: To Assistant and Harold.
- Platonic Life-Partners: With Seaweed.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: When he freaks out during the magic show, his hair turns black, like Harold's.
- Sibling Rivalry: With Harold, especially in the beginning.
- Warts and All: He's idolized by much of the nation and thought of as a nice and generous person. In reality, he's a controlling and rude Jerkass who seems to enjoy tormenting and making fun of Assistant and Harold.
- Your Worst Nightmare: Cakegirl claims that she will give him this.
- You Can't Go Home Again: After the Cakegirl arc, he can't return to Gloomverse unless he wants to be arrested for hiding an Inversian.
Wallis's brother. Wallis is famous and loved by the whole nation, while he himself lives in a cardboard box. After stealing money from Wallis and spending some, he gets caught, and Wallis blackmails him into working for him. While Harold is more levelheaded than Wallis, he is still a complete weirdo himself.
- Adorable Evil Minions: The Lemon Kids living inside his hat.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: A gender-flipped version, Harold is this at first, before mellowing out.
- Bishōnen: Gets his own moment here, but it could have just been Cakegirl hallucinating...
- Black Sheep: Feels like one after Wallis casts a spell to turn his limbs invisible, and starts alienating him out of guilt.
- Deadpan Snarker: Definitely, at first, though less so as he warms up to his new housemates.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He has black hair and red eyes, even wearing all black at one point, but he's hardly an evil person.
- Don't Tell Mama: Wallis threatens to tell their mom about Harold stealing money from him unless he works for him.
- It's implied that Harold also didn't tell Petunia he was homeless, as she notes that she never knows how he's doing.
- Floating Limbs: Harold's arms and legs are invisible, due to Wallis using magic on him as a child, although magic isn't supposed to affect living beings.
- Hair-Contrast Duo: A non-romantic example with Wallis, although Harold used to be blond as well.
- The Minion Master: Has several sentient lemon heads called Lemon Kids living inside his hat, who consider him to be their master.
- Performance Anxiety: He hates the spotlight.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: His hair became black, presumably when he gained magic.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Sleeps with a stuffed animal, which can and has been taken hostage against him.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: He has Adorable Evil Minions who recurrently talk about sacrificing people to their Dark Overlord. He himself isn't intentionally dangerous, but it's implied his eyes turned red because of the Dark Overlord as well.
- Ship Tease: With Assistant, and some with Seaweed.
- Shrinking Violet: Has bouts of shyness.
- Sibling Rivalry: With Wallis, at first.
As Wallis's best friend, she is also a famous magician (though not as popular as Wallis), and one of the few people who can actually manage to keep Wallis grounded. She's very chill and laid back, she can come across as rude or impolite to people who don't know her very well.
- Action Girl: As a famous magician like Wallis, it's no question that she'd have to be very talented.
- Ambiguously Brown: Subverted: It's eventually revealed that she's part Ecoversian, who seem to have darker skin than most Gloomversians.
- Anything but That!: When Cakegirl takes her wand and attempts to break it.
- Bros Before Hoes: Gender-flipped version invoked here.
- Platonic Life-Partners: Is this to Wallis.
- I'm Having Soul Pains: As a magicians wand is connected to their soul, damaging it can be massively dangerous and cause serious injury.
- Meaningful Name: Seaweed- and she's a water magician. She's also part Ecoversian, who are associated with plants.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has mint green hair.
Mooching Hobo AKA Amadeus
A homeless man with a strong addiction to candy. Hangs around Harold, due to Harold's candy powers. Ends up living at Wallis's house.
- Affably Evil: For a feared Dark Overlord, he's pretty nice...
- Affectionate Nickname: Petunia calls him Deedee.
- He has a habit of nicknaming people as well he calls Assistant "Pretty Girl", noting that it's better than "Assistant", because "at least he's giving her a compliment".
- Crazy Homeless People: He's pretty strange.
- Daddy Had a Good Reason for Abandoning You: He left his sons behind for a mysterious, but apparently very good reason, as even Petunia doesn't argue with the necessity.
- The Ditz: He's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer...
- G-Rated Drug: He treats candy as if it was a drug.
- Hidden Depths: He is revealed in the Midnight chapter to be Wallis and Harold's long lost father Amadeus, and all but stated to be the Dark Overlord!
- Kindhearted Simpleton: Due to his lack of intelligence, he sees the world more innocently than the rest of the cast. Subverted. It seems his naive demeanor is mostly an act. He's still kind, though.
- Manchild: He has a very childish personality that mostly centers around candy.
- The Minion Master: The Lemon Kids call him "my lord".
- Paint It Black: Happens twice in the Midnight chapter; it seems to happen whenever he uses magic.
- Speaking Like Totally Teen: Harold repeatedly tells him to stop saying bro.
- Sweet Tooth: Candy seems to be the only thing he'll eat.
Wallis and Harold's mother.
- Action Mom: During the magic show.
- Affectionate Nickname: Calls Harold "Gloomy Bear", Wallis "Shooting Star", and their father, Amadeus, Deedee.
- Berserk Button: Do not hurt either of her sons or forget her birthday. As Cakegirl and Hobo find out.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Her physique.
- The Cutie: She's adorable!
- Evil Matriarch: Subverted. Before we're introduced to her, it's implied that she'd be one of these. She's adorable, just don't forget her birthday.
- Green Thumb: Has plant magic because she loves them.
- I'm Having Soul Pains: As a magicians wand is connected to their soul, damaging it can be massively dangerous and cause serious injury.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Arguably the kindest member of the cast.
- Like a Son to Me: Gender-flipped version with Assistant.
- Mama Bear: She pulls this on Cakegirl when they tried to hold Harold hostage.
- Meaningful Name: Petunia, and she's a plant magician.
- Morality Chain: One to Wallis and Harold, as they both want to see her happy.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Subverted. Thought to have lavender-colored hair until it turned out she was just wearing a hat. It's the same color as Wallis'!
A professor who researches magic. He and Wallis dislike each other.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Has purple skin and hair. He didn't always, though.
- Arch-Enemy: Wallis seems to be his.
- Badass Boast: See Sophisticated as Hell below.
- Insufferable Genius: Comes across this way to Wallis.
- Meaningful Name: Purple, and he's purple.
- The Rival: Wallis sees him as one.
- Sophisticated as Hell:Purple: You know, I tried to play nice for Petunia's sake... But since you're so determined to receive a logical ass kicking I'll be more than happy to oblige.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Like his name suggests, he is entirely purple, including his hair.
The former assistant of Wallis, she has magic related to bakery sweets and loves everything cute and pink. After being fired due to her unwillingness to work and bratty attitude, she develops a grudge against Wallis and Assistant, vowing to destroy them. She is the main antagonist until The Magic Show Part 6, where she shows up to crash Wallis's magic show with her huge golem and is defeated and killed by her own overuse of magic.
- Ax-Crazy: This becomes more and more apparent over time.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: She appears cute and friendly on the outside, but secretly harbors a murderous grudge against Wallis and Assistant.
- Bright Is Not Good: Cakegirl is almost entirely pink.
- Climax Boss: Is this during Wallis's show, in which she shows up with a giant cake golem and starts destroying everything.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Tortures Seaweed for saving Wallis from her by taking her wand and trying to break it.
- Combat Stilettos: Wears High Heeled Boots in her entire arc.
- Cute Is Evil: She's incredibly cute, but very vengeful and bratty.
- Cute and Psycho: Soooo much.
- Dark Action Girl
- Disproportionate Retribution: Wallis fires her (for good reason!) and she retaliates by showing up at his magic show and destroying everything, not only hurting Wallis's loved ones, but ruining Wallis's reputation.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: One of the reasons Cakegirl plots revenge against Wallis; she just wanted to be a part of his gang, and seeing Assistant replace her only fuels the fire.
- Insane Equals Violent: Cakegirl is clearly mentally unstable.
- Meaningful Name: CAKEgirl.
- Pink Means Feminine: Almost everything Cakegirl owns and wears is pink.
- Revenge Before Reason: Cakegirl's plan pushes her to the point that her wand snaps and severely injures her, putting her in a coma.
- Spoiled Brat: Doesn't believe she should have to do any work, and is incredibly angry when Wallis eventually fires her.
- Unstoppable Rage: She keeps on going and causing destruction until eventually her overuse of power destroys her.
- Villainous Breakdown: Gets worse and worse as her wand begins to crack under the pressure of the power she's using.
The current president of Gloomverse.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Their legal system. Cirrus scoffs at the idea of voting instead of "battling for political dominance".
- Ban on Magic: Stratoversians aren't allowed to use their magic where Gloomversians can see them.
- Inverted in Stratoverse itself. Having no or weak magic looses you civic rights.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: Most Stratoversians see nothing wrong with having a mandatory wand surgery as young as thirteen, and it is written in law that the Un-Sorcerer lose their rights entirely.
- Defied by Indigo, and to a seemingly lesser extent, Cirrus.
- Elemental Nation: The sky nation.
- Flying on a Cloud: Stratoversians use their hair as a medium and acquire cloud hair. They can then use it to fly. Somehow.
- Punny Name: Most Stratoversians are named after weather-related things or cloud formations.
- Shock and Awe: Stratoversians all seem to share Weather Magic, which notably permits to shoot lightning. Indigo reveals this happens because they are brainwashed from birth to love weather and yearn to fly. Since the magic one gains is dependant on one's interests, they all gain the same magic.
A "popular" DJ who is bribed by Madame President to sneak into Wallis's show and help ruin his reputation. He thinks Madame President has a thing for him. (Also a huge insecure dork.)
- Adorkable: During the Date arc.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Has indigo skin. He didn't always, though.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Is distracted by a fly while Madame President is calling him.
- Jerkass: Has flimsy morals, at best. Sees no issue with outing an Inversian refugee to throw dirt on Wallis, though he only does it because he was asked to.
- Casanova Wannabe: Flirts a lot, generally with neither luck nor common sense. See No Social Skills below.
- Friendless Background: Implies this as one reason why he doesn't regret leaving his home country.
- Going Native: Blends almost seamlessly in the Gloomversian population by now, to the point that it fooled the Judge into believing he was born there.
- Hidden Depths: It turns out he has a lot of feelings about Stratoverse's treatment of its citizens.
- Lack of Empathy: When he finds out that the guard is an Inversian, he has no problem selling him out to the media.
- Meaningful Name: Indigo, and he's indigo.
- More specifically he's Electric Indigo, and he can manipulate electricity.
- No Social Skills: He's very often unaware of what effect what he's saying has, so he comes off as incredibly rude.Indigo: Sup hot bitch.Madam President: Say that again and I'll break your legs with a guitar.Indigo: Hey, it was a compliment!Madam President: No it wasn't.
- Pet the Dog: Has plenty of moments- the date, his "friendship" with Pi, his adorkable ways and his backstory.
- Say It with Hearts: Happens at least once when he's flirting.
- Smug Snake: When he finds out the guard's real identity at the magic show.
- Speech Impediment: Has a lisp.
The current Prince of Stratoverse.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: He fought for the title of Prince.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Very easy to anger.
- Innocent Bigot: Sometimes makes racist comments, but it seems he's genuinely concerned rather than hateful.
- ZigZagged in that he also punched a president in the face for making a comment against magicless people.
- Manchild: He's childish.Cirrus: NO NO NO I'M NOT A CHILD YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!
- Persona Non Grata: He's technically forbidden from returning to Gloomverse, for punching Madam President in the face.
Nim AKA Cumulonimbus
The current Princess of Stratoverse.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Odd example in that their skin seems to be flat-out white. Justified in-universe, as Inversians are easily blinded by most colors if they had pink or brown skin, for instance, they would be unable to look at each other.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Inversians have terrible reputation in Gloomverse, as well as black and white eyes, allegedly because they are too sensitive to color. The result, for most Gloomversians, is this trope.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Almost all Inversians seem to have these.
The Judge AKA Ylil
The Judge of Inverse. Though how she came to this position is unknown, she appears to be the country's leader. She has chosen to break decades of silence between Inverse and the rest of the world, for the sake of finding two "terrorists" who escaped Inverse.
- Black Eyes of Evil: As an Inversian, she should have these, but to the cast's horror it's subverted: she has blue eyes.
- Eye Colour Change: Apparently, they used to be regular Inversian eyes. No longer.
- Eye Scream: She implies that she had her eyes replaced with someone else's, which lets her see color like non-Inversians can.
- Flat "What": Her first reaction to Indigo.Indigo: Yo I like this white n black chess look you got goin gurl <3Judge: ...what.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Downplayed, as they are both competent, but she is the responsible to Yma's foolish.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Her new eye color, which is quite shocking In-Universe. She usually wears dark glasses, but takes them off when she intends to chill someone to the bone.
- Just the First Citizen: Her official title is simply "Judge" of her country, though she has been referred to as "supreme leader", confirming that it is, in fact, the highest position.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: In-universe example. The Judge of Inverse appears to be quite feared, though it doesn't stop tabloids from gossiping about her.
- Organ Theft: Her eyes.
- Sdrawkcab Name: As almost all Inversians so far. She's Lily spelled backwards.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Justified. She acts cold due to her Inversian upbringing and position.
- The Stoic: Because of her Inversian upbringing, she rarely shows any emotion.
- Tabloid Melodrama: The very first time we hear about her is through tabloids after the magic show: Gloomversian magazines appear to speculate that she's protecting Wallis, due to The Reveal that he was hiding an Inversian refugee.
- Ambadassador: Her title.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Downplayed, as they are both competent. The foolish to the Judge's responsible, in that she is much more impulsive and anxious.
- Hot-Blooded: Impulsive and seems quite passionate about her duty to the Judge.
- Idiot Hair: The best way to find her among other Inversians!
- Nepotism: Turns out she's related to the Judge; they're sisters.
- No Poker Face: Despite being an Inversian, who are typically and culturally encouraged to be The Stoic, she seems incapable of not displaying her emotions for everyone to see.
- No Social Skills: Appears evident when she meets with Madam President. Justified in that Inverse's social norms are very different from Gloomverse's.Yma: We have finished with the required "small talk". Let's get to business.
- Sdrawkcab Name: As almost all Inversians so far. She's Amy spelled backwards.
- Stubborn Hair: She is extremely frustrated with her hair, which refuses to be tamed.
Shaman Cocos AKA Cocos Nucifera
The apparent leader of the nation of Ecoverse. She has palm tree hair.
- Punny Name: Her name means palm tree, which matches her hair.
An Ecoversian woman who appears to be a thousand years old. Stratoverse worships her. Her hair is a sunflower.