Ghost Master features a lot of different ghostly characters, divided by danger level and therefore energy consumption. The tropes given to them are based on their initial powers, without further upgrading.
Sprites are the lowest tier of ghosts, cheap in use and fair enough for the beginning of a mission.
A Gremlin-class ghost; one of the first ghosts that aid you in your journey. A monkey who once performed with a barrel organ player, and one day, as the name states, got jammed into the organ's gears. He could be bound to electrical devices.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: A strange monkey indeed, with the ability to jam electric devices.
- Griping About Gremlins: In this game, gremlins are ghosts of animals killed by various technical equipment, like in this case.
- Walking Techbane: Has several powers that make all electric devices in a room to go crazy or sputter sparks.
- Winds of Destiny, Change!: Has the ability to jinx mortals; not only they start failing for some time, they could start believing in paranormal activities more.
A Gremlin-class ghostly groundhog which previously liked to swim in his regularly-flooded forest, until once he got squashed by a motor boat. After a spirit-channeling session, he got bound to a jack-o-lantern and asks to bring some gadget in his vicinity to charge his powers.
- Blackout Basement: One of his signature powers is a massive blackout at the whole lot.
- Griping About Gremlins: No less powerful than Cogjammer.
- Totally Radical: To fit his surfer image, he speaks like this.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: He is one of the smallest ghosts in game, yet he has a lot of power.
- Shock and Awe: Able to zap everyone who comes way too close.
A Gremlin-class kitten ghost. She once strayed to the Alpha Tau frat house and stayed there, lying on the broken pinball table, which was prone to emit shocks when somebody wins. It's not hard to guess one of the residents was lucky ehough to win, and Lucky was unlucky enough to be electrocuted to death, becoming bound to the table.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: She's capable, but refuses to leave the warm pinball table. The only way to release her is make someone win again to prove that the table is not so friendly as it seems.
- Cute Kitten: Obviously. Even when it's a dead cute kitten.
- Griping About Gremlins: She does not have much electric powers, instead orienting on luck manipulation.
- Winds of Destiny, Change!: Her main array of powers. She can jinx several people at time or make one person lucky.
- You No Take Candle: Has this pattern of speech, possibly because she's still too young.
A Horde-class spider ghost, given to you at the beginning at the game. He can't talk, but has no objections of being the ghost and obviously enjoys scaring mortals. He can be bound only in rooms, where he sits in his ghostly web.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Somehow, he became a giant spider ghost after he died.
- Green Thumb: He can spawn ghostly vines from the floor, just for a scare effect.
- He Was Right There All Along: Able to suddenly appear before mortals for a moment.
- Spiders Are Scary: Knows that and uses this trope wisely.
- Spider Swarm: His main ability is spawning a rain of tiny ghostly spiders on one person or through the whole room.
A Horde-class dog ghost, previously owned by a person named Carter. When the old man died from his age, the dog did not make him wait in the afterlife for too long, and the legions of Buck's fleas happily followed their master.
- Harmless Villain: He is supposed to be evil or just keeping to the other side, but never actually wishes any harm to mortals.
- Hive Mind: Ghosts of his fleas follow him even in afterlife, obeying his commands.
- Pest Controller: His main scare technique is to call for swarms of his fleas upon people.
- You Will Not Evade Me: Is able to suddenly appear before mortals and to follow them around for a cuddle. The mortals do not seem to agree with the fact that he is not scary at all.
A Horde-class scarecrow ghost who resides in the middle of the field in Spooky Hollow. Has the ability to summon ghostly crows to target his victims, and because of the nature of his ability, is only able to be bound outside. Wishes for blood, and there is a convenient puddle of water just next to him...
- Creepy Crows: His main method of scare. The crows do not attack mortals, instead just flying around and screaming, but they come in large numbers.
- Cryptic Conversation: Spouts strange and short phrases when you first encounter him. It's no easy task to immediately understand what does he need.
- He Was Right There All Along: Like Clatterclaws, is able to appear before mortals for a moment.
- Scary Scarecrows: His origin is unknown, and this makes him even more scary.
- Summon Magic: He summons crows to scare people.
A unique Wisp-class ghost, whose sole purpose of life is to present himself to the mortals. Three centuries ago he accidentally scared a witch, who in return trapped him on the small and foggy island in the middle of the lake and bound him to the scary-looking grave. From that times, nobody ever came close to him, and nobody looked at him... And then you and your ghostly friends come to save the day.
- Attention Whore: Constantly craves for attention. Not because he is a narcissist, but because his powers are centered around showing himself to mortals.
- Crippling Overspecialization: He has a number of abilities that allow him to attract mortals to his location, but he's unable to actually scare them. It makes him only useful in manipulation missions, especially given his rather low Plasm cost.
- Dem Bones: He is a floating skull with a piece of spine.
- He Was Right There All Along: And he will notice you about it.
- Lured into a Trap: One of his abilities.
- Master of Illusion: Can make an illusion which looks exactly like one of the mortals and draws attention to it.
These are more sophisticated types of ghosts, which are a little bit more tricky to use and require more energy.
A Spook-class ghost, one of the ghosts to join you at the beginning. He is your typical prankster with a little bit outdated methods.
- He Was Right There All Along: Able to appear before mortals for a moment.
- Hell Is That Noise: His Signature Move is rattling invisible chains. It sounds not so effective in modern times, but is a good choice against unnerved mortals and is sure to alert everyone.
- Mind over Matter: Has an ability to remotely move objects with his powers.
Another Spook-class ghost, who once lived in Alpha Tau frat house. He liked the teen comedy movies and was the resident Butt-Monkey, and when trying to join the frat, was told to do a stunt to prove his worth. He died in the attempt. He blames Ted Gable, president of the frat house, and asks you to give him a good scare.
- Evil Laugh: One of his abilities is this, which can scare a group of people.
- Deadly Prank: He was set up to perform an impossible stunt, as frat hazing. In his words, it WAS suicide!
- He Was Right There All Along: Likes to appear suddenly before mortals.
- My Death Is Just the Beginning: He has nothing against being a ghost and openly likes the fact he can now do things he liked to see in movies and to finally avenge himself.
- You Will Not Evade Me: Tends to chase people around, appearing for several seconds.
This Spook-class ghost is himself a scaredy-cat, hence his name. He joins you at the beginning of Act 2, and can be helpful to lure mortals into various traps.
- Bad Vibrations: In his case, shivering of fear was sufficiently weaponised: he is one of the ghosts who could use Tremor and shake the mortals for a bit.
- Stupidity-Inducing Attack: He is able to use "Fool's Errand", a power which makes a person go explore random places for no reason. This is actually useful for luring needed people in places they tend to not visit.
- Trick-and-Follow Ploy: Has the ability to call for unnerved mortals, luring them closer. Another ability can make mortals go searching over random places.
- Winds of Destiny, Change!: Can jinx mortals for a period of time.
A strange Poltergeist-class ghost, who is an energy being of mysterious origin. He bounds only to the kids.
- Confusion Fu: Telekinetic powers, water floods, lights going off - and that's not the whole list.
- Demonic Possession: Possesses kids. Interesting enough, the possessed kids do not seem to be scared of creepy things that somehow happen around them.
- Stupidity-Inducing Attack: Has Fool's Errand ability.
- Will-o'-the-Wisp: Looks like one of those and could actually be one.
This Poltergeist is basically an amalgamation of souls of chickens and turkeys which were buried in place where poultry slaughterhouse once stood. They seek for revenge on a mortal known as Colonel, and the first step in their quest - scaring everyone from the house which now stays right at this place.
- Clucking Funny: How about several dozens of chicken (and turkey) ghosts?
- Demonic Possession: Like Whirlweird, this ghost is able to possess kids.
- High-Pressure Blood: Its main array of powers is centered around showing mortals blood, blood and even more blood, as a revenge for murdering its kin, be it blood from the faucet in place of water, on the walls, or even flooding the rooms with blood.
- Hive Mind: They all work perfectly together.
- Stupidity-Inducing Attack: They are able to make several mortals roam over various places for no reason at once.
A Fetch-class ghost, a former resident of Kappa Lambda sorority and a former cheerleader. She once fell from a live pyramid to her death; but nevertheless, still acting positively even after the accident. She really liked looking in the mirror, so now she lives inside one of those. Apparently, she can transform into a person who looks at her mirror, but she is not able to use this power yet, and wants to master it.
- Haunted Fetter: Special mention goes to her, since she can create a universal present-like Fetter transportable by mortals, which can be used to bound any ghost you like.
- Mirror Monster: Lives inside the mirror. Is able to distort the reflection of the mortal or turn it into a skeleton.
- In Training: Her reason not to leave. She wants a girl with hairstyle like hers to look at the mirror, and, fortunately, one of the residents does have the hairstyle.
- Shapeshifting: Not only she can create a mortal-shaped vessel to stay there, but she can leave her mirror and walk around in that vessel.
- Valley Girl: Talks like this.
She is another Fetch-class ghost, who joins you at the beginning of Act 3. Apparently, she did something nasty in the past, but refuses to tell the details.
- Haunted Fetter: Like Tricia, also able to create a universal Fetter, but her fetter can fit three ghosts at once.
- Mirror Monster: Her Signature Move "Thing in the Mirror" involves replacing the reflection with The Thing-like living image.
- Mysterious Waif: No one actually knows where she came from and what exactly happened in her past.
- Our Vampires Are Different: While not showing any vampiric abilities or ever being described as one, Lady Rose' appearance clearly invokes a vampire with her pale skin, red eyes and very visible fangs. Thereby making the closest thing the game has to a vampire a ghost which, instead of having no reflection inhabits mirrors, strangely enough.
- Proper Lady: Presents herself and acts like this.
- Shapeshifting: This ability is similar to Tricia.
A Sandman-class ghost, who comes to your aid at the beginning of the Act 2. Looks like a two-legged horse. One person had seen him in his dream, and never woke up after. As a result, Hypnos is a phantasmagorical being, who can bound to sleeping people and manipulate their dreams and their bodies.
- Demonic Possession: He bounds only to sleeping people and is also able to make them sleepwalk, thus making them carry him around.
- Dream Weaver: Is able to manipulate people's dreams.
- Forced Sleep: To spread his powers even further, he can lull other people into sleep.
- Hellish Horse: Downplayed in his case, with him being a dream and not a specially-bred demon horse.
- Master of Illusion: Has the ability to create low-power illusions to attract people.
- Nightmare Weaver: His signature ability "Dream Demon" makes his victims see horrible nightmares based on what they fear most.
Another Sandman-class ghost, who could be found sleeping at the hospital. This is because he died at the operating table due to chloroform overdose. Since then, he sleeps a lot and makes others sleep too.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: From his death up to present moment, he really likes to sleep. When he gets awake, things could get really nasty.
- Demonic Possession: He is also able to possess sleeping people.
- Dream Weaver: Manipulates dreams, just like Hypnos.
- Casual Danger Dialog: Can force people to be unusually calm in scared state for a period of time with his "Unearthly Calm" ability.
- Forced Sleep: He can't induce nightmares, but sleeping people could be used as vessels to transport him.
- Heavy Sleeper: Is discovered sleeping at the operating table. A powerful stench could wake him up.
- Hidden Depths: You may also call Weatherwitch to do a thunderclap near his comfy place. Judging by his words after such a wakeup, once they were co-workers and he remembers the days.
- I Know What You Fear: Is able to reveal the fears of several mortals at once. In addition, he can reveal all fears of a sleeping person up to subconscious ones.
He is a Mane-class ghost, which resulted from his corpse not being properly buried for a long time. While being alive, he was a repairman; then one day he got poisoned by a crazy old lady from Calamityville house and was stuffed behind the wall in the basement. He can possess mortals, but first he needs someone to appear near his body. He also bounds only to corpses and corpse-related objects.
- Demonic Possession: Because he bounds only to corpses and corpse-related fetter, the possession ability really helps him, allowing him to move around with mortals and wreak havoc.
- Man on Fire: One of his abilities is torching one mortal with ghostly fire, which does not hurt, but scares the victim a lot.
- Nice to the Waiter: Abused this trope to a T and liked to ask for a huge tips when was alive.
- Locked in a Room: His body was stuffed behind the wall of the cellar, and he could use your help in disassembling the said wall.
- Playing with Fire: He took his welder in the afterlife, and now it serves him like a spiritual flamethrower.
The second Mane-class ghost, who wanted to get a Pulitzer prize for snooping on mafia Don, and secretly attended his grandmother's burial for this. But she got into a dangerous situation, and to avoid being uncovered and shot she had nothing to do but to hide in the coffin, which was later cremated with Jordan inside. Now her ashes are thought to be the Don's grandmother's, and they are situated in a little sturdy urn made specially for Don's granny, which needs to be broken. Like Arclight, she is able to possess mortals and will join your party when her ashes would be exposed to a random passer-by.
- Confusion Fu: She has a big variety of abilities: making people vomit, scare them deadly, turning up temperature in the room, etc.
- Demonic Possession: Like Arclight noted above, she needs to find a mortal to move around and to effectively make ruckus out of nowhere.
- Facial Horror: The right side of her ghostly face is ripped away to the bones.
- Murder by Cremation: Not an attempted murder: in Jordan's case it was an accident, since no one knew she was in the coffin.
- Paparazzi: She was too nosy, and paid an ultimate price for this. Nevertheless, she retains her habits even after death.
Elemental ghosts control four major elements of nature, and can be combined to do even more strange and scary things.
An Air elemental, available to you from the beginning. She has a couple of useful abilities, which can come in handy when releasing grudged ghosts.
- Blow You Away: One of her powers involve summoning winds.
- Everything's Louder with Bagpipes: Her Signature Move involves loud bagpipe sounds outta nowhere.
- Glass-Shattering Sound: She has the "Shattering Song" ability, which is exactly this trope: glass breaks, ears hurt and scares build.
- Musical Assassin: Not actually an assassin, but more like Musical Prankster.
- Our Fairies Are Different: Technically, she's a fairy, though a very strange one.
Aether's male counterpart, specializing in driving mortals crazy with whispers. He is found stuck in a dream catcher charm, which can be broken with Aether's Shattering Song.
- Blow You Away: He is able to summon strong wind from the moment he joins the party.
- Our Fairies Are Different: Looks nearly identical to Aether, but more pale in colour.
- Stage Whisper: He's not called Whisperwind for nothing: one of his specialities are mysterious loud whispers, which can easily build up paranoia.
- Trick-and-Follow Ploy: A special whispering tone he can use softly calls for distressed mortals and lures them closer.
- Vocal Dissonance: Has a little body, but speaks in a low-sounding whisper.
The Earth elemental, short and stout, who is available from the beginning, He can shake the ground and trap mortals, not allowing them to escape too fast.
- Bad Vibrations: The Tremor ability, which allows him to shake the ground for a little. This may come in handy sometimes.
- Dishing Out Dirt: He uses the power of Earth.
- Slow Motion: His Signature Move makes local mortals move twice as slower, and while they are trying to escape, other ghosts can do the deal.
- Trap Master: He can trap one mortal in the ground up to his of her waist. The trap can be escaped when Stonewall stops powering it up, but it scares people a lot.
A Japanese Earth elemental, which is hidden in a bonsai tree pot at the police station. Try to bind Stonewall to it, and Banzai will appear - he will surely be helpful with his powers.
- Bad Vibrations: Not just vibrations - he can launch powerful earthquakes right from the beginning! They can make the electricity go down and breakable objects fly apart, which is a serious and mighty scare factor.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Along with Stonewall, uses the power of Earth.
- Green Thumb: He can summon bramble from the earth, scaring people with it.
- The Paralyzer: His signature ability helps him paralyze people from their waist down and fix them in place. Indeed, it is scary when your legs suddenly grow stiff.
- Secret Character: The first one obtainable.
The first Fire elemental appearing in the game. He was summoned by the witches' ritual and got stuck in a burning brazier - a part of a magical elemental circle. Not only he has the powers of Fire, he also can launch electric impulses.
- Captured Super-Entity: Got summoned by witches into a magical circle. Now he can't exit the fire, with the circle being incomplete.
- Fiery Salamander: He is indeed a levitating and untangible Salamander.
- Incendiary Exponent: His Bonfire attack from the mouth is indeed impressive (and relatively harmless).
- Man on Fire: Has the ability to torch mortals.
- Playing with Fire: Majority of his powers.
- Shock and Awe: As a bonus, can use some electric powers and can be bound to electrical devices.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Subverted: when met first, he complains about how he, the powerful and great elemenal, was foolish enough to come to the puny mortals' call. But it is stated that he is not so posh; it's just witches really made him mad.
This Salamander is the second Fire elemental in the game, which decided that sleeping in a campfire would be a nice idea. But when he woke up, the fire already went out, and now he needs your warm help. On the contrary to Firetail, his powers are more electric-oriented.
- Big Eater: It is stated that he has an enormous appetite, like other fire elementals.
- Fiery Salamander: He is yellow, compared to Firetail's orange, and it would be more accurate to call him "Electric Salamander".
- Playing with Fire: Has a couple of fire abilities and a lot of others to unlock.
- Thermal Dissonance: "Inferno", his Signature Move, allows him to crank up the temperature in one room to absurdly high levels. Other rooms would not be affected.
- Really 700 Years Old: It is noted that he already had much fun in the year of 1666, when he was still young.
- Walking Techbane: This is his profile over fire. He can make blackouts and make electrical devices go gaga.
A Water elemental who is stuck in a toilet near the cabin in the woods. Nobody wants to go inside and to flush the water because of a giant hornet nest on a toilet's wall, and it's up to you to get rid of it.
- Caught in the Rain: She is named Raindancer just because she is able to start rains and likes to do it.
- Making a Splash: Has the ability to temporarily flood the room with water.
- Rain of Something Unusual: Aside from normal rain, she can make it rain fishes.
- The Trickster: It is stated that she likes to make rainbows and to trick people into searching for gold at their ends.
Another Water elemental stuck in stagnant water, this time - at the bottom of a ship. With a little flood simulation and starting the pump, this ghost could be freed to become a nice addition to the team.
- Ambiguous Gender: Has a strange voice which looks like very high male of very low female's.
- An Ice Person: One of its abilities is starting a hailstorm.
- Making a Splash: Like Raindancer, possess the powers of Water.
- Our Ancestors Are Superheroes: Its epitaph states that it was responsible for creating every lifeform that inhabits the Earth.
- Time Abyss: Possibly, we don't even can imagine how old is this ghost.
Vapors are above-middle-class ghosts which are mostly specialized in luring people to them. This category also has two secret characters.
An Apparition-class ghost, who resembles a brain with a pair of huge eyes connected to it. He has this appearance because, after being brutally murdered, he was dissected into separate body parts to perform forbidden research. The brain in a jar was stolen by Alpha Tau's residents and used as a decoration; one could shatter the jar's glass to free this ghost and to make him follow your lead. He is bound only to murder-related fetters.
- Brain in a Jar/Giant Eyes of Doom: In his ghostly form, his eyes are comically big.
- Ghostly Chill: Able to cause this.
- Harmless Freezing: Can easily freeze a person and unfreeze back.
- Lured into a Trap: Possesses the mid-range power that makes mortals come to the place he is bound to.
- Master of Illusion: He has the power to make a ghostly clone of a person, which can scare a lot of people, especially the said person.
- Punny Name: He really likes to terrorize people.
A former cosmetics vendor, now an Apparition-class ghost. Was poisoned by a crazy old lady, just like Arclight and below-mentioned Static. Though she's dead now, the fact that ectoplasm does not wrinkle makes her eternally happy.
- Butter Face: No wonder she likes cosmetics so much, having such a hideous face.
- The Fashionista: This was her profession, now it's more like a hobby.
- Game Face: She can appear before mortals, making even more scary face than she has at the moment.
- Ghostly Chill: Her lower-tier ability.
- Lured into a Trap: She has the power related to Terroreyes, but working at a much closer range.
- Punny Name: Maybe she has a foreign friend named Yvette Rocher?
The third Apparition-class ghost, a policewoman, who was betrayed by her colleague for a good cash and later shot by a gang. She seeks revenge upon that person, and you could help her.
- Lured into a Trap: She is able to use long-range luring powers. The irony is that she herself was lured into a trap, which led to her death.
- Nightmare Face: She can appear before mortals with even scarier face than Maxine and with a stream of larvae coming from her mouth.
- Portal Door: One of her ability is turning random doors in the house into portals leading to the room she is situated.
- Revenge: Her main motive of staying in the world of people.
- Stripped to the Bone: Lower part or her face and some flesh part on her limbs are missing, possibly due to her body beginning to rot.
A Banshee-class ghost, who controls weather, and the first grudged ghost for you to free. She likes to whip up winds, but once encountered a vacuum cleaner and got sucked in it; this contraption needs to be broken apart. She could be bound only to passageways.
- Blow You Away: Calls for winds on her daily basis.
- Dramatic Thunder: One of her powers is faraway thunderclap.
- Enthralling Siren: She has the ability to sing like a siren, luring mortals closer.
- Ominous Fog: A low-power ability of hers, which does not exactly scare mortals but can be used to unnerve already panicking people.
- Our Banshees Are Louder: Windier, in this case.
- Wicked Witch: The evil type; it is stated that she liked her weather powers so much that they started to make her this wicked.
Formerly a wife of Dr. Krauss, now a Banshee-class ghost. When she died, her corpse was buried improperly at the locked basement of a log cabin, so now she wishes for everyone to suffer for her forced loneliness. She is very bitter and loud ghost, and specializes in screaming.
- Bedsheet Ghost: Wears a burial shroud.
- Due to the Dead: Because of improper burial place, she could never be seen by mortals, and she wishes them to split her pain.
- Hates Everyone Equally: Even other ghosts. And is not shy to state this.
- Hell Is That Noise: Her speciality are based around this trope.
- Our Banshees Are Louder: Much louder.
- Sensory Abuse: Her Cacophony power allows her to produce a series of very loud and scary sounds, which make every mortal in vicinity cover both ears and acts like a jump scare.
- She Was Right There All Along: Really likes to show herself to mortals, as she is or in a disturbing way.
The third and last Banshee-class ghost in a list, she was deceived by her groom right at the altar - he appeared to be a compulsive womanizer. This made her go crazy and then kill herself. Now she only wants to take a revenge on that womanizer, who appears to be the doctor in the hospital her body is contained at.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: After she was deceived by her groom, she went mad and was confined into a madhouse.
- Hearing Voices: One day, when the thunderstorm was raging, she started hearing voices that ordered her to sneak at the roof of the madhouse and to "embrace the lightning". Even after her death, she hears voices that order her to seek for a revenge.
- Mind Rape: If the fears of a person are known, she may make the said person hear the voices just like hers, which drive the mortal mad.
- Our Banshees Are Louder: She prefers quiet work with the voices instead of screaming.
- Psycho for Hire: Her last years of life were spent in a madhouse.
- Romantic False Lead: The cause of her madness and subsequent suicide.
- Terror Hero: She can make mortals fear new things, and then play with those fears.
- She Was Right There All Along: Likes to present herself to mortals.
A "Prince of Elements" and a unique Thunder Spirit-class ghost. He is a secret character residing in a Spooky Hollow, and lives in an old tree trunk lying in a lake. If you can shake it up with a lightning, he would be pleased. He could be bound outside and to the electrical appliances.
- Blow You Away: His wind forces are so powerful, he can single-handedly create a strong hurricane that shakes trees and reduces mortals' walking speed to a crawl.
- Dramatic Thunder: One of his lower-tier abilities.
- Our Gargoyles Rock: He is a ghostly gargoyle floating on a cloud and wielding a hammer.
- Rain Dance: Able to start a rain.
- Secret Character: Along with Banzai, his method of obtaining is working nicely.
- Shock and Awe: He can use a powerful Surge ability, which shocks mortals, damages the wiring and destroys electrical devices.
Windwalker is a unique Wendigo-class ghost, possessing the powers of Wind and Ice. He was supposed to be stuck in the police station's vents, and some events and game files hint that he could be freed. But it looks like the vent-freeing was Dummied Out; he could be found later at the same lot, but at the another level. Windwalker is very dangerous once trained, and even when untrained, he presents a considerable danger to mortals. He is stationary, requires much energy and can be bound outside.
- An Ice Person: Goes beyond Ghostly Chill - he is powerful enough to freeze the whole lot single-handedly, slowly turning mortals into crazy popsicles.
- Blow You Away: Can whip up winds when scaring mortals.
- Harmless Freezing: Able to encase mortals in ice for a short period of time. After that, they just unfreeze and run away.
- Hell Is That Noise: He can howl madly and creepily at night.
- Secret Character: Can be found only in the Ghostbreakers'level imprisoned in a cell, if other ghosts were freed in previous police station level.
- Wendigo: One of those; he lacks long fur, but has all other traits.
Frighteners are ghosts of semi-highest tier. They require large amounts of plasma, but their abilities could be overwhelming. They mostly specialize on emotions and playing with them.
A Phantom-class ghost, who is available from the beginning. He fells a little bit awkward when near mortals, and also makes them feel as such. He is bound to emotion-related objects.
- Bald of Evil: Though he is not so evil as he seems, just deranged.
- G-Rated Mental Illness: He is wearing a straight jacket and is constantly shivering.
- Mind over Matter: One of his abilities involve making all the free-lying items in the room fly in circles at the middle of the room.
- I Know What You Fear: He can reveal the fears of a single person.
- The Paralyzer: He is able to paralyze people with fear, one at time.
- Psycho for Hire: Good thing he is stationary.
- Spirited Competitor: Though he obviously has unhealthy psyche, he strives for a title of Most Valuable Phantom.
A Phantom-clas ghost, who was a mafia Don's favourite pianist when he was still alive. Once he messed up and played the Don's least favourite piece, which made Don shoot him dead in anger. He is an artistic and mostly harmless person, though this does not make him less scary. Unfortunately, he forgot the melody which made him dead, so to set him free, you must find a person who knows it.
- Bad Vibrations: Can use aforementioned Tremor, probably due to his cement boots.
- Casual Danger Dialog: Can also use aforementioned Unearthly Calm.
- Cement Shoes: His feet are encased in a cement bucket. Seems strange, because he was shot, but the manual reveals this mystery: this was the way to dispose of his body.
- I Know What You Fear: Able to reveal fears of a single person.
- Mind over Matter: He has the power of "Spooky Stack", which allows him to affect all moveable objects in the room and to clutter them in a stack in the middle of a room.
- The Piano Player: He was one of these when alive, and the first thing he does after remembering the melody is enchanting the piano to play this fatal piece of music.
The last Phantom-class ghost, who comes to your aid at the Act 3. He was an unlucky painter whose paintings nobody wanted to hang at their houses; eventually this made him to hang himself.
- Ankle Drag: One of his powers is grabbing the mortal by an ankle, rising the mortal into an air head-down and let him/her spin right round, like a record tape. It is supposed to be a popular playtime in the ghost circles.
- Driven to Suicide: He killed himself for his lack of luck in the world of art.
- Fartillery: He can flood the room with a cloud of a very nasty gas, which makes all people sniffing it to vomit immediately. This is performed with a loud raspberry sound.
- French Jerk: Looks like a very stereotypical French painter with a beret and a striped shirt. He is also a villain of the story.
- Odd Name Out: Shivers, Fingers, and... Painter.
A unique Wight-type ghost; he once was a Native American chief, until he and his tribe got massacred by white invaders. He was buried in the ground, but someone built a nimble shack just at his burial place, and he asks you to destroy it and to turn his land in the state it was at the time he was still alive. He can be bound to corpses (and corpse-related objects) and to the ground.
- Bad Vibrations: He can shake the ground with Tremor.
- Buried Alive: His Signature Move allows him to fully dunk the mortal to the earth for some time. This is indeed scary.
- Deadly Gas: He uses the other type of gas than Phantom's, and anyone sniffing it start choking and coughing.
- Due to the Dead: Not only he was killed by white colonists, they did not even bother to bury him by his tribe's customs.
- Magical Native American: Was an ordinary one when alive, but became magical after his death.
- Rain Dance: Not being a water- or storm-oriented ghost, he still can summon rain.
- Torso with a View: Has a gaping hole in his chest; probably, he was shot with a blunderbuss.
A Trickster-class ghost, who looks like a female antropomorphic rabbit. She is a kind, but dangerous spirit, who ended up nursing a boy who lost his favourite stuffed rabbit. It actually was not lost, but stolen by a local bully, and he needs to be taught a lesson. She could be bound to kids or outside.
- Friend to All Children: It happened such that she could not leave the boy crying.
- Friend to All Living Things: She is one of the rarest kind of ghosts which like mortals. Unfortunately, when she tries to make friends with mortals, they eventually go crazy.
- Haunted Fetter: She can create an ethereal gift, like Tricia and Lady Rose.
- Playboy Bunny: An extreme furry version, who also speaks in a sexy-sounding voice.
- Shapeshifting: Her main ability is creating a "vessel" - a copy of a random mortal passing by, visible by mortals. She then uses this vessel to freely walk around and act just like this mortal.
- Exorcist Head: She can make her vessel spin its head and limbs around madly. Imagine the face of the vessel's original version when he/she sees that!
- Shout-Out: She's an anthropomorphic bunny pookah whose attention drives people to madness. Her latest buddy's last name? Dowd.
- The Trickster: Her class even states this.
The second Trickster-class ghost, an old forest spirit who was caught by a shaman and bound to the tree with a promise to become free when a fire engulfs it. But the destiny came another way: his tree was eventually cut down amd then carved into a totem. He can't use any fire powers to burn it down, so you may lend him a hand.
- Ass Kicks You: Has a strange way of using abilities, by throwing his rear part forward.
- Haunted Fetter: Creates a large gift, like Lady Rose.
- Homage: He obviously looks like Wile E. Coyote.
- Our Spirits Are Different: Apparently, he is an old forest spirit, and he even remembers the age of shamans.
- Shapeshifting: Not only he is able to create a vessel like Harriet, he also can transform said vessel into his real form for a while.
- The Trickster: This one really enjoys playing tricks on people.
The main evil (of the Grey-and-Gray Morality) force of the game and the target you try to acquire throughout the plot: an ancient and unique Shadow-class ghost, who is summoned by students in the ending of the Act 1 and needs you to feed his ego with souls of mortals. At the ending of Act 2, he is captured by Dr. Krauss, but you are able to free him, if you try. He could be bound only to murder-related objects.
- Ancient Evil: It is not known how old is he, but he probably exists for several thousands years already.
- Captured Super-Entity: He is captured at the ending of Act 2 and is held at the top of a hospital, held by the minds of mad patients (whose souls were previously drained by him).
- Dark Lord on Life Support: Subverted: he is indeed on life support, but this support is needed to hold him at one place.
- Eldritch Abomination: Looks really out of this world and has no skin.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Speaks in a deep bass voice.
- Large Ham: "The mortal world shall be consumed by my dark dominion!"
- Lured into a Trap: He can lure mortals at a long range. He is also lured himself in Dr. Krauss's trap.
- Harmless Freezing: He can freeze and unfreeze people easily, several at once.
- Mind Rape: One of his ability is making people mad with anger.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He was sealed... somewhere, until he got freed by students. Later, he again gets sealed in Dr. Krauss's apparatus.
Horrors are the top-tier ghosts. They require a lot of plasma to work, but their powers are overwhelming.
One of the ghosts available from the beginning, a Spector-class ghost. He is a long-time famous ghost, who is not afraid to show himself to people and can control them as he wants. He bounds only to violence-related objects.
- Ancient Evil: It is not stated how old is he, but he existed for a long, long time.
- Badass Longcoat: Wears a long black coat that covers him fully.
- Bald of Evil: He is bald and genuinely evil too.
- Fat Bastard: Has a chubby enough constitution.
- Ghostly Chill: One of his lower-tier powers.
- Hook Hand: Has hooked blades for both hands.
- The Paralyzer: He can make one mortal go stiff in fear.
- People Puppets: He is able to manipulate one person at time, tying him/her to a ghostly strings
- Self-Mutilation Demonstration: His "Terror Incarnate" ability lets him appear before mortals, tearing himself apart with his hooks up to his waist and standing like this, with blood dripping on the floor.
The second Spector-class ghost, a former mafioso, who once played at a casino hosted by his Don and noticed the croupier cheating; this made the croupier immediately shoot him dead. Now he is bound to the roulette and wants you to make the croupier lose somehow.
- Demonic Possession: He has an ability to possess mortals and to walk around with them, using all his other abilities as much as he wants to.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Speaks in a low baritone.
- Ghostly Chill: Can make the temperature go down.
- Jump Scare: One of his abilities is basically a sudden and very powerful scare of one person, which knock said person out from fear.
- He Was Right There All Along: Able to appear before mortals for a short amount of time.
- The Mafia: Was a part of Mafia before. Even after death, he performs various criminal deeds, like threatening his enemies by putting the severed head into the victim's bed... His own severed head, that said.
- Shoot the Dangerous Minion: Basically, he noted the fact that could ruin the reputation of a croupier and then of the Don; this is why he was killed and his body was disposed.
Old Man Carter
One of the last ghosts in the game to join you - at the beginning of Act 3, a Spector-class former old businessman who died from age. He was very bitter and full of himself and he continues to be like this even in afterlife. He still had his best friend, Buck the dog, who is already your active ghost at the time Carter arrives.
- All There in the Manual: The printed manual states that once he ordered Painter a painting of himself. Looks like he did not enjoy it.
- Foreshadowing: He was mentioned in Buck's post mortem text as his best friend. An act later he appears himself.
- Ghostly Chill: Able to summon the cold in the area.
- It's All About Me: Really likes to tell stories about his life. No one actually seems to like them.
- Manipulative Bastard: It is hinted that in his life he was one of them.
- People Puppets: From the start, has the ability to manipulate several people at once, turning them into puppets.
- Smug Super: "Banish me?! Do you even know who I am?".
A Wraith-class ghost, who was an electrician when he was alive. Once he worked at the Calamityville house and was poisoned by a crazy old lady, like Maxine Factor and Arclight. His main difference is being stuck in a chimney; his corpse was never found by people, and this problem could be solved with your help.
- Don't Think, Feel: Seems like this trope is about him, with him following the flow of events both in mortal life and afterlife.
- He Was Right There All Along: Is able to appear before mortals for a short time.
- Shock and Awe: Can make all technical devices in the room emit sparks.
The second Wraith-class ghost. Formerly Harold Smears, a murderer, who was executed on an electric chair. Apparently, his murderous part was burned away in process, so now he is a polite and repentant ghost stuck on the unused chair. Though looking cumbersome, he is very powerful and likes to present his burned face to people.
- He Was Right There All Along: He can present himself to mortals, shaking on a chair like he's being electrocuted.
- High-Voltage Death: Was executed on an electric chair, and also the last person on that chair.
- Redemption Equals Death: He was a criminal in his life. Now he wants everyone to forgive him.
- Shock and Awe: Able to shock everyone in the room or in some radius outside.
He is the unique Headless Horseman-class ghost and a big Shout-Out to the Sleepy Hollow movie. Several centuries ago, he was roaming around and performing various misdeeds, until the townsfolk got tired of him and his friends and murdered all of them; Dragoon, in particular, was killed by shooting his head off with a musket. The main problem is, although his body was buried properly, his skull remains outside the grave, and one particular person obtained it to perform a dark ritual and to summon Dragoon's ghost. Against his will, Dragoon is now haunting the Spooky Hollow, scaring people around, and this nonsense needs to be stopped. He could be bound to any passageway, but feels better outside, when he can ride around.
- Due to the Dead: His head is not buried properly, and this is why his ghost is exploited.
- Headless Horseman: Not every horseman is killed by decapitating, hence his uniqueness.
- Hellish Horse: His horse has burning eyes and leaves a burning trail behind.
- You Will Not Evade Me: His main speciality is following mortals around. He is also the worst offender of this trope in the game, because of his unique "Deadly Chase" ability, which allows him to persistently follow the person for a long time.
Several ghosts did not appear at the game and were Dummied Out in the final version. There are four unused ghosts in the game.
A ghostly biker who was supposed to roam the military base. Not much is known about him except he was a Headless Horseman-type ghost and supposed to mess up with your plans just like Dragoon.
A dummied-out Phantom baseball player. He was supposed to be set free by building a baseball field on the place he was bound. He was also supposed to be bound to emotion-related objects and outside.
- Batter Up!
- Haunted Fetter
- Incendiary Exponent
- Man on Fire
- Rain of Something Unusual
- Stupidity-Inducing Attack
This Banshee-class ghost was supposed to be a reoccuring enemy brainwashed by the government to mess up with your plans. Not much is known about her powers.
He was supposed to be a pirate ghost found in a Dummied Out pirate ship mission. His Fetter and abilities are unknown.