Ghost / Betha Miller
The Player Character of the game, Ghost is a Virtual Ghost who is working for Boogan and Jacker, infiltrating the Nakamura Corporation's Space Station.
- Blood Knight: She's got a few shades of this, given her reaction to the "konichiwa" hallway.
- Brain in a Jar: As it turns out, Ghost is this in the Nakamura Space Station.
- Player Character: Aside from a flashback where Boogan is playable, Ghost is under the player's control.
- Virtual Ghost: The body infiltrating the Space Station is just a shell. Ghost herself is capable of leaving and returning to it at will. She can also slip into other robot bodies.
- Walking Spoiler: Why else would so many of her tropes be hidden?
- Was Once A Woman: Originally, Ghost was a woman named Betha Miller who agreed to have her head frozen cryogenically when medicine of her era couldn't cure the disease she had been suffering from.
- You Are Number 6: Viktor designates her as Eva 13, and her brain's serial number is 17823.
One half of Mission Control, he and Boogan hired Ghost to infiltrate the Nakamura Space Station.
- The Cracker: He's a skilled hacker who can match anyone at Nakamura.
- Distressed Dude: At one point, Victor tricks him into a trap so he can capture him. From there, Ghost needs to sneak into a secret Nakamura holding place to save him before Victor arrives.
- The Spock: Tends to be the more practical of the team, and doesn't see Naka units as truly human.
The other half of Mission Control, he and Jacker hired Ghost to infiltrate the Nakamura Space Station.
- Black and Nerdy: Equally as nerdy as Jacker.
- The Engineer: While Jacker works with breaking software, Boogan's specialty is modifying hardware.
- The McCoy: Tends to be the more emotional of the team, believing that Naka units are humanlike enough to count.
- The Münchausen: He described his meeting with Jacker like so. He met Jacker when he was leading an infiltration of a castle, and when they got removed from the bar, a couple of punks demanded all their money. Jacker ran off like a coward, and Boogan took an an endless horde of them until they overwhelmed him. From there, Jacker had to take him to the hospital. Jacker even name drops the guy.
- Bad Boss: After Ghost finds out she is "just" a Brain in a Jar, he orders her death as she now knew too much to be allowed to continue living as he puts it.
- Big Bad: The most antagonistic of the Nakamura-aligned forces, and the one with the most personal connections to the heroine.
- Big Bad Friend: He had a vaguely cordial relationship with Ghost before she started mucking about on Nakamura's station.
- Non-Action Big Bad: The closest he comes to fighting Ghost is ordering his own cracker to disable her brain's shield, setting up the Final Battle. Though, she does personally arrest him in the ending text.
- Greed: To the point the Gaiden Game Mini Ghost outright calls him greedy.
- The Mafiya: Possibly a high-ranking member, considering he's got criminal connections, is implied to ice people regularly, and has an entire legion of enslaved operatives at his disposal. His vaguely Slavic accent helps.
- Man of Wealth and Taste: Is pretty well-dressed in his scenes.
A military droid send out by Nakamura's General Yamato to intercept Ghost. The first boss of the Labs area.
- Contractual Boss Immunity: Averted. Every other boss machine can't be hijacked... but the Biped can be, and is surprisingly useful for clearing out the hallway behind it.
- Damage-Sponge Boss: That 20-second countdown's there for a reason: to whittle its health down.
- Expy: Of the ED-209.
- Time-Limit Boss: Downplayed variant. The Biped gives Ghost a 20-second countdown before it unloads its turrets on her.
An experimental robot of some description that goes berserk in Nakamura. Second boss of the Labs area.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Ghost didn't even have to get involved for the Experiment to go haywire.
- Regenerating Health: When low on health, it flees to the right side of the arena and restores its bubble (and health). Breaking the pipe that restores the bubble prevents it from doing so.