An ordinary high-school student with a strong interest in Kyoto and its history. After meeting Hana, Tachibana and Sakura, he finds out that he is resistant to their powers, is invited into the Urashichiken by Hana and starts living with them.
- Adorkable: Whenever he gets all fanboy over his passion for Kyoto and its history.
- Anti-Magic: His Not property allows him to "clean up" other people's powers that would affect him but he can still be enclosed and see Oni.
- Ascended Fanboy: A history nerd gets trapped in a war between the reincarnations of many famous figures of the Sengoku era. Almost a dream come true.
- Audience Surrogate: Chikahito is practically the audience's avatar in Gate 07, as he discovers the misteries of the Urashichiken and is left outside of them at the same time the audience does.
- Bi the Way: He just happens to have a thing for "beautiful" people, no matter gender and doesn't seem to care all that much about Hana's sex or lack thereof.
- Expy: Unruly black hair, glasses, and great cooking skills: sound familiar?
- Foil: To Hana. They're very different but still they're similar since they're different types of "Not".
- High-Pressure Emotion: When he gets some Ship Tease with Hana.
- In-Series Nickname: Sakura and Hidetsugu call him "Chika-chan".
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Chikahito not only cooks, but thanks to his past work in a cafe, his meals are both delicious and cute-looking.
- Late to the Punchline: He doesn't realized he was the delivery to Hidetsugu until everybody tells him.
- Living with the Villain: He doesn't know that Yuu Aoi is really Tokugawa Iemitsu and they go to the same school, same class.
- Luminescent Blush: He furiously blushes in the presence of anyone he finds to be beautiful.
- Megane: His glasses help his "nerdy, but cute" image.
- Mr. Exposition: Comes with being a history nerd in this series.
- Naïve Everygirl: Gender-flipped. Chikahito is affable, kind and quite perceptive but not very world-savvy.
- Naïve Newcomer: Chikahito still has a lot to learn about the people he lives with.
- No Indoor Voice: Tends to yell his lungs out whenever weird stuff happens around him but people already consider normal. Also screams whenever caught in a supernatural fight as he can get enclosed by accident. He mellowed down after getting used to most of it.
- Pretty Freeloader: Rare Male Example; and he's even of the rarest gems that actually do something to help around the house he's freeloading in.
- Reincarnation: While it's unknown who he was, it seems his past self is the one Hana's waiting for.
- Supreme Chef: Tachibana lets him stay in the Urashichiken not only because Hana wants to, but because Chikahito can cook meals of the busy group.
- His reaction to anything ancient Kyoto relevant.
- He squeed over being investigated by the Sanada Ten Braves.
- Also squees in delight at Hana's cuteness.
- Team Normal: Or is he?
- Tender Tears: Oh boy, does he ever. At first it was mostly Tears of Fear because of the weird stuff happening around him, but he tunes them down after getting more or less used to them.
- Through Her Stomach: Luckily, Hana has an endless appetite.
- Wild Card: Since he's "Not", he doesn't have a specific side, but just because of that, he's the only one Sugihime's voice can reach.
The main fighter of the Urashichiken. They fight with Myouhou ("mysterious way") techniques and the weapons that Tachibana and Sakura generate for them.
- Ambiguous Gender: Hana is very gender neutral. Chikahito is is convenced Hana's a girl for how beautiful Hana is but Sakura don't feeling like explaining just confuses him about their gender.
- Animal Motifs: Cats. Chikahito compares them with a begging-for-food cat, they put on adorable Cat Smiles and Masamune call them his kitten.
- Badass Adorable: There's two things everybody agrees on: Hana is the most adorable thing ever, and Hana is a deathly fighter.
- Big Eater: Hana's stomach seems to never get satisfied. Undestandable, Hana is the one that fights and consumes energy the most.
- Cheerful Child: In their free days.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Very subtly, but it seems they don't like Chikahito being worried over other girls.
- Daddy's Girl: Though Tachibana is not their blood relative, Hana know he'll never say no to them; as soon Hana said they brought the Ridiculously Cute Critter, Tachibana was completely ok with it.
- Dissonant Serenity: In contrast to Chikahito's No Indoor Voice.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Their official fighting clothes don't includes shoes.
- Elemental Powers: Some of their Myouhou techniques have elemental attributes.
- Foil: To Chikahito. They're very different but still they're similar since they're different types of "Not".
- Heavy Sleeper: Sakura says that Hana would sleep all day if given the chance.
- I Will Wait for You: Likely a non-romantic version. Together with their clone/twin(?), they are waiting for someone. It hasn't been revealed yet for who, but it's known that whoever they are, they were reincarnated in Chikahito.
- Master of None: While Hana's ability to power copy allows them a wide variety and versatility, without the "arms" Tachibana and Sakura generate for them these copies are not as powerful as the originals.
- Morality Pet: Hana's interactions with Tachibana help to highlight that he has a soft spot.
- Mysterious Waif: Not much has been said about Hana's past or their reasons to fight.
- Power Copying: Hana's Not property allows them to "take in" every magic that Hana has fought before, adapting it to their convenience.
- The Promise: To somebody who has not been revealed yet who is the one who they are waiting for.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: They are usually a cute, nice person but not for nothing they're the main fighter of the Urashichiken.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Can talk to supernatural creatures.
- Super-Deformed: Noodles at the table? Chibi-Hana appears.
- Third-Person Person: To emphatize their childishness and avoid Pronoun Trouble.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Noodles.
- Verbal Tic: Tends to say "Ugo, ugo~" while waving their hands.
- Will Not Tell a Lie: Part of The Promise.
A college student and one of the members of the Urashichiken. He is responsible for analysing the enemy and generating a weapon for Hana if the enemy is of the lunar (Yin) genus.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: He'll ONLY do this to Hana.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: With a single glnace, he's able to pinpoint the enemy's genus, element and type of creature.
- Beauty Mark: Has one under his left eye.
- Berserk Button: Everything related with the Tokugawa, and with good reasons.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards Hana.
- Big Brother Mentor: Very well hidden underneath an aloof and frightening exterior, he's this to Chikahito.
- Cynicism Catalyst: Iemitsu's kidnapping his sister.
- Death Glare: To anybody who makes him mad or activates his Big Brother Instinct, even including Masamune or Hidetsugu.
- Does Not Like Spam: He doesn't eat chilli. Chikahito finds this cute.
- Expy: Of Sumeragi Subaru, complete with a twin sister he failed to protect.
- Failure Knight: His Big Brother Instinct towards Hana can be interpreted as this. He protects Hana because he failed protecting Sugi.
- Grumpy Bear: He's quite of a bitter fella.
- Half Identical Twin: with Sugihime.
- Icy Blue Eyes: According to official artbooks.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: He can "burn" memories as seen in the one-shot. Also, he can "absorb" memories.
- Licked by the Dog: The cat likes him.
- Not a Morning Person: Understatement. At mornings, he seems to be a step away of attacking someone.
- Meaningful Name: Tachibana (wild orange) is named after the orange tree in front of the throne hall of Heian palace.
- Must Have Caffeine: "Need...tea."
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: He's not related to Hana by blood but he still heavily disapproves of Chikahito and Masamune's crushes.
- Perpetual Frowner: He's never happy.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Sakura's red.
- The Teetotaler: He can't drink alcohol. We don't know if it's for something complicated but Sakura assumes it's for several reasons.
- Theme Twin Naming: He and his twin sister (Sugi, cedar) are both named after trees.
- Tsundere: A male example; at least defined as one by Sakura, though he keeps his "dere" side very deep down.
A member of the Urashichiken who works tying obi for Kamishichiken's maikos and geishas. He is responsible for setting up the barriers in which the fights take place and for generating a weapon for Hana if the enemy is of the solar (Yang) genus.
- The Ace: Chikahito admits Sakura is good at everything.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: To Hana and Chikahito.
- Become Your Weapon: Sakura has the power to merge with weapons and turn them into part of his body.
- The Big Guy: Chikahito was at first scared of him but later changed his mind because of Sakura's nice behavior and smooth voice.
- Blood Knight: When he fuses with a solar weapon.
- Color-Coded Eyes: Her gray eyes are the mystical and mysterious kind.
- Comes Great Insanity: When he fuses with a solar weapon. It's implied this went horribly wrong once.
- Cooldown Hug: Or touch in this case. He doesn't lose his Ax-Crazy look after fusing with a solar weapon until Hana touches him.
- Gender-Blender Name: The third "Sakura" in CLAMP's work is a very manly man.
- Living Emotional Crutch: to Tachibana, to the point Hidetsugu and Mikoto compares Sakura to a "husband calming down his hysterical wife". Tachibana is not amused.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Downplayed. Sakura's hair is styled in a mullet.
- Man in White: Of the mysterious kind since Sakura is shrouged in mysteries.
- Meaningful Name: Sakura (cherry tree) is named after the cherry tree in front of the throne hall of Heian palace.
- Mystical White Hair
- Never Gets Drunk: The guy CAN hold his liquor; just a full bottle of Shochu, wine and four bottles of whisky is about eight tenths of his stomach capacity.
- Phantom Zone: He's a specialist in barrier fields and they're so powerful that Jubei can't peep intro them.
- Really Gets Around: Apparently, he can't sleep without "human warmth" so he has plenty of "companions"
- Real Men Wear Pink: Sakura cooks and sews. He also works assisting geisha with their clothing.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Tachibana's blue
- Team Mom: The emotional center of the group, he is somewhat of a mentor to Chikahito, looks after Hana and keeps Tachibana down when he finds out Iemitsu, his sister's kidnapper, is in the city.
- The Sleepless: He's unable to sleep without "human warmth" since he has no longer his oni, and even like that he can only doze.
The reincarnation of Toyotomi Hidetsugu and current owner of the Urashichiken.
- Cheshire Cat Smile: Not a straight example but Chikahito doesn't seem to trust in his smile.
- No Name Given: Hidetsugu isn't his real name.
- No Sense of Personal Space: First met Chikahito by getting close enough to whisper in his ear from behind.
- Perpetual Smiler: and when he's not smiling, it's because he's talking of something serious.
An Oni bound by blood to Toyotomi Hideyoshi, but right now she serves Hidetsugu.
- Cuddle Bug: She's mostly seeing cuddling Hidetsugu.
- Deadpan Snarker: She can be really snippy with most people.
- Facial Markings: Like most Oni.
- Flower in Her Hair
- Genre Savvy: Enough to know Masamune is the token comic relief character.
- Horned Humanoid: She has three little horns on her head.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is written with the kanji for "god" and "words", which hints that she can use kotodama.
- Power Floats
- Rapunzel Hair
- Really 700 Years Old
- Seer: She can use her kotodama to attack but her forte is fore-knowledge and prediction.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: She's Hana's friend and when they are together, they get this aura, with her as the girly girl to Hana's tomboy.
- Unusual Ears
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: She's not Hidetsugu's girlfriend, but when Chikahito tells Toyotomi Hidetsugu's history, she attacks him, insisting that Hidetsugu didn't do most of the bad things that history said.
- Words Can Break My Bones: She can spin words and use them for offense.
SugihimeTachibana's twin sister and valuable seer of the Urashichiken. She was kidnapped by Tokugawa Iemitsu some time ago.
- Beauty Mark: Under her right eye to contrast her brother's.
- Blood-Splattered Innocents: The seal she's all tied has splashes of blood, probably from Mitsuha's victims.
- Bound and Blinded: She isn't gagged because Iemitsu needs what she talks.
- Distressed Damsel: She was kidnapped by the Tokugawa. Though she's at the hands of Iemitsu, the girl still fights back as she can (usually by Passive-Aggressive Kombat) but now that her voice reached Chikahito she may can do more than that.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: She's called "Hime" ("Princess") by everybody except her brother.
- Meaningful Name: Sugi (Japanise cedar) is the national tree of Japan, commonly planted around temples and shrines.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Seer: It's said that Sugihime's Oni is the most powerful of the foreseeing type, even able to see father into the future than Mikoto.
- Telepathy: She seems to be able to contact with people telepathically, though thanks to a seal that nullifies her power, she's only able to contact Chikahito.
- Theme Twin Naming: She and her twin brother Tachibana are both named after trees.
- Walking Spoiler
- You Got Spunk: Iemitsu actually loves that Sugi hates him and wishes him to die.
Actually a tiger-like Oni who was causing troubles on a restaurant and latter adopted by Hana after changing his form into a small cat.
- Cute Kitten: He took the form of a small house cat in order to move in with the Urashichiken once Hana adopted it.
- Moe Couplet: With Hana. They're so cute!
- Panthera Awesome: Its true form is that of a huge, tiger-like Oni.
- Adorably Precocious Child: The "adorable" part is debatable but he's definitely precocious.
- Always Save the Girl: Screw The Urashichiken's goals, he's just there to protect Hana!
- Big Damn Heroes: His introduction was meddling into Hana's fight with Enka, where Hana was in clear disadvantage and Enka was about to deliver a serious attack meant to end the fight.
- Bishie Sparkle: Whenever he's trying to look cool or when he's flirty with Hana.
- Bi the Way: Either he doesn't know Hana's lack of gender or he just don't care because she's still pretty. This may also be a case of Shown Their Work because according to Japanese historians, the real Date Masamune was probably bi.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Because he's so sure about his abilities and knows his past life is a legend, Masamune always looks to act like an adult and to be treated as such, which only makes him seem more childish. Kojuurou even says Masamune is in a "fifth-grade syndrome"note , and he reveals that Masamune has said he's in sixth grade ever since he was in kindergarden.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: From his behavior you'd never guess that he's an excellent swordfighter and a good student.
- Calling Your Attacks: Because he's also a kid mentally, and thus thinks it's cool. To make matters funnier, the attack's name means "unrecognized genius".
- Cool Sword: It's an Oni.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Played for laughs. Whenever he shows up in a chapter, he will proclaim his love for Hana and his desire to kill Chikahito for living under their same roof.
- Dynamic Entry: At chapter 10, where he enter the scene by hitting Chikahito on the back with his school handbag.
- Eyepatch of Power: Well, he is the One-eyed Dragon.
- Eye Scream: In order to form a contract with his Oni, Masamune offered it his right eye.
- Expecting Someone Taller: Chikahito certainly didn't expect the famous Date Masamune to be a grade student.
- Flirting Under Fire: He took a moment in the middle of the fight against Enka to kiss Hana.
- Flipping the Bird: to Akechi out of badassy and to Chikahito out of bratty jealousy.
- Imagine Spot: Frequently fantasizes about Hana when he should be kicking ass.
- In-Series Nickname: Hidetsugu call him "Maa-kun".
- Murder the Hypotenuse: Tries to kill Chikahito twice.
- The Nicknamer: Towards people he doesn't show any respect to. He calls Chikahito "four-eyes" and Akechi is "bellflower"note . Gracia is an interesting case; he calls her by her former name before she became a christian.
- Say It with Hearts: When he talks to Hana.
- Their First Time: His dream and reserved best day ever is to have this with Hana.
- Victor Gains Loser's Powers: He took possesion of Gracia's Oni, Nigemizu, after he defeated her.
- Living Weapon: It not only talks, it is actually alive and in need of constant energy.
- Razor Wind: As short-ranged attack.
Date Masamune's attendant. He's Kurikara's "sheath", in charge of providing the sword with energy by storing it inside his body. Because of this, he's always at Masamune's side; but he's also with him in order to keep the boy under control.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He can get quite scary when Masamune doesn't listen to him.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: His main responsibility is to scold Masamune.
- Bridal Carry: How he carries Chikahito to protect him from Nigemizu's attacks.
- Cross-Popping Veins / Sweat Drop: His reaction to Masamune's rash attitude, that it's pretty much all the time.
- Dope Slap: His main job is give this to Masamune when he's out of bounds.
- Dynamic Entry: In chapter 10. Just when Masamune himself finished his own dynamic entry at Chikahito's expense, Kojuurou shows up to land a slap on his head for causing troubles.
- Berserk Button: Do NOT mess the floor! He just mopped it!
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: The klutzy preschool teacher is actually a badass.
- Even the Guys Want Him: All of the Ten Braves are Yukimura fanboys (or in Kamanosuke's case fangirls. Maybe.) but Sasuke and Saizou stand out. Now even Chikahito can appreciate his beauty.
- Extreme Doormat: Gets ordered around by kindergarteners.
- Friend to All Children: He works as a kindergarden's teacher and the children just love him.
- Fusion Dance: His Oni's ability in order to grant to Yukimura both speed and strenght.
- Magic Pants: Once he fuses with Engetsu into a werewolf-like creature, his pants dissapear to give space for the fur. Once the fusion ends, he's normally dressed again.
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: T hightlight his Adorkable personality in his civilian self. But they turn into Scary Shiny Glasses in his ninja mode.
- The Glasses Come Off: Yukimura taking his glasses off indicates that he's about to get serious and summon Engetsu, as his fusion with the Oni fixes his eyesight 20/20.
- Moe Couplet: Also with Hana.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: He give Sakura a hard time in a combat. Without the need of using his Oni.
- Noble Wolf: His Oni Engetsu.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: The klutzy, doormat of a teacher actually is the leader of a group of ninjas.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: His real name is Nobushige; Yukimura was a nickname that just The Ten Braves used to know until it got famous.
- Sensei-chan: A Rare Male Example. Though he's obviously more mature than kindergarteners, his awkward klutziness makes him just Adorkable.
- Strength Equals Worthiness: Because fighting for the losing side got him killed in the Sengoku Era.
- The Klutz: The children at the kindergarden love him even though he's so clumsy. At his new job at Kyoto's kindergarden, the new children even put him a letter on his back with the word "Klutz".
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Though loyal and competent, he's more laid back than Saizou and acts kinda childlike.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He's a hairdresser, seriously!
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red oni to Saizou's blue.
- Undying Loyalty: To Yukimura.
- The Comically Serious: What you can expect when your boss is a kindergarten teacher? The best example is the whole panda thing.
- Hello, Attorney!: He works as a lawyer when he's not enclosing areas in mystical barriers.
- Mundane Utility: Yukimura makes him clean the high windows using his ninja skills.
- Phantom Zone: He's in charge of enveloping areas in mystical barriers, though it's not as good as Sakura.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue oni to Sasuke's red.
- Undying Loyalty: To Yukimura.
Other Ten Braves
- Always Identical Twins: Miyoshiki Seikainyuudou and Isanyuudou.
- Cool Shades: Most of them.
- Gender Flip: Yuri Kamanosuke. Maybe.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Kakei Juuzou.
- In the Hood: Anayama Kosuke
- Undying Loyalty: To Yukimura.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: He lacks motivation to get in fights and considers them a bothersome endeavour.
- Demoted to Extra: With the arrive of the much, much evil Tokugawa Iemitsu.
- For Science!: His main motivation is undercovering the secrets of Oda Nobunaga by finding and studing his body and Oni.
- Hot Teacher: He turns out to be Chikahito's science teacher.
- Pragmatic Villainy: Unlike his ambitious past self, Akechi doesn't waste time and energy when he sees the tides of a fight are not on his favor. Mikoto lampshades it, describing him as pragmatic.
Akechi Mitsuhide's Oni.
- Doppelgänger: He looks like a twin of his own contractor.
- Manchild: Enka whines at Akechi when scold, and only gets serious when promised sweets.
- Meaningful Name: His name means "catastrophe of fire".
- Megane: Enka would be a user of Stoic Spectacles if it wasn't for him being a kinda cute...
- Nervous Wreck: When not fighting, he's quite shy and stutters a lot.
- Playing with Fire: Faithful to his name, he fights with fire powers that he shapes in multiple weapons.
- Sweet Tooth: The easiest way to get Enka to fight with full force is to promise him candy.
Akechi Mitsuhide's daughter, who allied herself with the Tokugawa. First seen going after Masamune's Oni Kurikara.
- Accidental Misnaming: Frequently has to remind Masamune that her name is Gracia now.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Both her skirt and her haircut are asymmetrical.
- Ironic Echo: She said that she will use Kurikara "more effectively" when she tried to steal it from Masamune; Masamune said the same thing before winning her Oni, Nigemizu
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: After her defeat, she was interrogated by Tachibana about the Tokugawa, but she can't recall anything about them.
- Rescue Romance: Maybe. That face seems to say so.
- Smug Snake: Far too confident for someone who has no combat experience. This comes to bite her when she feels the whole blow Nigemizu took and had no resilience to minimize the pain because of her lack of fighting experience.
- Verbal Tic: Is very fond of calling others "fools".
- Glass Cannon: Nigemizu is powerful, even able to hold her own against Masamune and Kurikara, but once the nature of her powers are known, a single blow is enough to take her down.
- Horned Humanoid: Two long horns at each side of her head.
- Kimono Fanservice: Unlike Mikoto who's dressed as a shrine maiden, Nigemizu is dressed to resemble a tempting High-Class Call Girl.
- Master of Illusion At her full capacity, Nigemizu can create countless versions of her mantis tattoo to attack, and because they're illusions no matter how much are cut down they just regenerate.
- Meaningful Name: Her name means inferior mirage, which hints at her powers.
- Ms. Fanservice: The character that has revealed the most skin, and she's designed to be beautiful and alluring.
- Powers Do the Fighting: She lets her mantis tattoo attack for her. It's because if her body gets hurt, Gracia is the one that gets hurt the most.
- Power Tattoo: It's in the shape of a praying mantis that takes her whole back and she uses it as her weapon.
The current head of the Tokugawa, he's a manipulative and sadistic boy Chikahito helped once, and he's also a fellow student in his school where he uses the alias "Aoi Yuu". His Oni is Mitsuha.
- Bishie Sparkle: Lampshaded by Chikahito.Chikahito: It like he's glittering!
- Bishounen: Taken up to eleven and lampshaded by Chikahito.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Settles to met the new member of the Urashichiken by acting like an Ill Boy to get his sympathy. He's actually a ruthless psychopath.
- I Have Your Wife: He kipnapped Sugi, Tachibana's sister
- I Love You Because I Can't Control You:Iemitsu: If they hate me or try to run, I like it even more. Nowadays, I like Sugihime the most. She's so cute [...] and as a bonus, she hates me.
- Kaleidoscope Eyes: His eyes randomly change from purple to brown.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Spends about half of chapter 8 cheerfully talking about how he always wants the things he can't have while listening to his Oni Mitsuha devouring his victims.
- Purple Eyes: and apparently they can turn light brown.
- The Sociopath: He thinks that causing pain, feeling pain, trapping and killing by his own hand is "The best game in the world".
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Chikahito blushes a lot around him. Also, Sakura ask to Chikahito if he hit on this "pretty boy" he met, Chikahito denies it.
- To Serve Man: His Oni, Mitsuha gets energy by feeding on innocent bystanders.
- War for Fun and Profit: Because the Sengoku era ended pretty much after his father, Tokugawa Ieyasu, seized power, Iemitsu wants to obtain the Dairokutenmaou to create a new warring era just for the fun of killing and the extra food for Mitsuha.
- Gender Flip: The real Jubei was male.
- The Dark Chick: Doesn't seem to have much offensive power but she's valuable as a spy.
- Eyepatch of Power: She wears bandages over her left eye to hide that it's magical.
- Magical Eye: It let's her peep into weak circules. Sakura's are the only ones she can't spy.
- FaceHeel Turn: Unlike while in Sengoku era, when he sided with Toyotomi's allies, this Ishida sided with the Tokugawa.
- Foil: To Yukimura. In the Sengoku era, both Ishida and him fought on Toyotomi's side and lost against the Tokugawa; this time though, Ishida allied with Tokugawa, considering the battle already won because of the past, while Yukimura continued loyal to Toyotomi's cause after they proved their strenght since he believes no battle is won before the fight itself.
- I Did What I Had to Do: He doesn't want to fight for the "losing side" again. Yukimura remembers that Ishida has a strong sense of justice, so he thinks Ishida must have some reason to join with Tokugawa.
- Noble Male to Shima's Roguish Male
- The Starscream: He actually plans to betray Iemitsu once the Dairokutenmaou is found out, and seize it for himself.
- An Ice Person: As the monster.
- Baleful Polymorph: Ishida can turn him into creatures thanks to a bracelet.
- Demonic Possession: Sakon actually is Mitsunari's oni, which can possess people's bodies.
- Roguish Male to Ishida's Noble Male
- Synchronization: Between him and Mitsunari because he's his oni.
Iemitsu's younger sister and an Oni contractor. At school, she uses the alias "Aoi Chiya". Her Oni is Tenju.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Seem to use this as part of her "Chiya" disguse.
- In the Blood: She's hinted to be a Cute and Psycho as much as his brother is a Psychopathic Manchild.
- Purple Eyes: that can also turn light brown.
- Siblings in Crime: Came all the way from Tokyo to Kyoto because she also wants to join the fun on her brother's "game".
A fairy-like oni bound to Senhime.