The cast of Gaist Crusher and associated tropes. Beware of spoilers.
- Color-Coded Characters:
- Rekka: Red
- Hayato: Yellow/Green
- Kurama: Brown/Green
- Shiren: Navy blue
- Izuna: Purple
- Elemental Powers: Their Gaist Attributes, also overlapped with Colour-Coded for Your Convenience
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Before Izuna joins them, they are this:
- Rekka is the cheerful and upbeat one (Sanguine)
- Hayato is quite mature and calm (Phlegmatic)
- Kurama has a stubborn rivalry with Rekka (Choleric)
- Shiren is the most aloof out of them all (Melancholic)
- Meaningful Name: Also overlapped with Rock Theme Naming:
- Rekka's full name when translated literally means "Silver Inferno" which fits his Gaist Attack.
- Hayato's surname literally means "Adamantine Temple" and Hayato, while written in Katakana, it can means "A Fast Person". Alluding to his wind attribute.
- Kurama's name can be seen as a Shout-Out considering his ninjutsu attack, but it can also come from the word Kuramasu that means "To deceive", which again have to do with his ninja nature. His surname on the other hand means "True Copper".
- One of the possible kanji for Shiren is "Test" or "Trial". Quartz came from Ancient Greek that mean "Icy cold", so it literally mean "Icy cold heart". Fitting for an Ice attribute, eh?
- Kokuyou literally means "Obsidian" which is a black coloured mineral
- True Companions: They stick together and support each other to the end!
Voiced by: Daiki Yamashita
His family owns a restaurant.
- Big Eater: Especially when it concerns the lunchbox from his family's restaurant.
- Book Dumb: As per typical shounen hero.
- Delinquent Hair: He sports a mohawk one but he doesn't have the slightest mean spirit.
- Determinator: He can't be a protagonist without this!
- Elemental Hair Colors: His hair is red and his mohawk resembles a burning flame. Also a case of Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance.
- Fiery Redhead: Fit it to the T.
- Playing with Fire: By the nature of his attribute.
Voiced by: Yuichi Iguchi
One of the protagonists of the series. Hayato is a stunning graduate of GCG Academy who became the assistant master of the Kongou Choujin Style temple dojo. He is the wind attribute crusher of the GCG.
Voiced by: Yasuyuki Takase
The earth attribute crusher of the series. One of the top student in the GCG Academy, he is also the heir of the Shindou ninja clan. He has a (mostly) one-sided rivalry with Rekka.
- Anime Hair: His hair as far as Selsa's statement goes it looks a nest of seaweeds.
- Big Eater: Kurama eats a lot of food like Rekka.
- Dishing Out Dirt: By default of his Gaimetal.
- Hotblooded: On par with Rekka even.
- Ninja: The heir to a ninja clan and it is shown on his Gaist Gear.
- The Straight Man: Downplayed but most of the time, it is him who react the most normal when there's something wrong with his teammates' mind.
Voiced by: Makoto Furukawa
An ice attribute crusher from the harsh cold Icegard. He is avoided and despised by the people there since it is believed that he is the cause of the misfortune that befall all the people of Icegard's GCG base. Luckily, they didn't die but frozen in ice for exactly a year. He gets high whenever he plays piccolo.
- An Ice Person: Live in a snowy place, an ice attribute, wears blue clothes, need me to say more?
- Anime Hair: It must takes lots of hairgel, huh?
- Dark and Troubled Past: His hometown got destroyed and then his comrades were killed in a mission with him, causing the entire population of the town to despise him. Thankfully, all of his comrades were merely just turn into Human Popsicle and they were released after a year.
- Defrosting Ice King: No pun intended but that's what happened.
- Icy Blue Eyes
- My Greatest Failure: Think of the failed mission from one year ago as this.
- Nice Guy: Despite his rather harsh debut, Shiren is actually quite nice deep down.
- The Stoic: Shiren is an interesting mixture of The Stoic and Not So Stoic. At first, he distance himself but after he's out from his shell, he expressed more emotions than before but still stoic compared to his friends.
- Troubled, but Cute: While his past is dark, he is undeniably good looking as well as Selsa can attest.
Voiced by: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
An enemy from The Eraser, Izuna is a thunder attribute crusher. He harbours a deep grudge against Rock Vulcan because he believes Vulcan caused his sister's death. Though it was revealed that he was brainwashed into believing that Rock Vulcan is responsible for her death. Later, he joins the GCG after he is convinced by Rekka
- HeelFace Brainwashing: The reason he resents Vulcan.
- Purple Is Powerful: His main colour is purple and he is one of the biggest threat in the show at first.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: He is initially on The Big Bad's side and he has a pair of red eye.
- Shock and Awe: His main element.
- You Remind Me of X: When Rekka first gave him the lunchbox he made, Rekka's speech reminds him a lot of his deceased sister.
GCG or "Gaist Crusher Garrison" is a worldwide-sanctioned organization whose main mission is to analyse, research, and even subdue any Gaist around the globe.
- Rock Theme Naming: Like the Gaist Crushers, most of the main allies all have this.
- Sango means Coral.
- Hisui means Jade.
- While Kohaku means Amber.