A pair of fashionistas who have been Platonic Life-Partners for most of their life, acting as one another's closest friend and partner in just about every job they've ever had. Within the Xtreme series, the two act as the hosts of a gossip-based TV show, that focuses on trashing and getting dirt on celebrities. Within the Fuzzy Memories series however, the two are actually the main hosts of the series, with both of them receiving much more screentime and personality compared to their original debuts. The two both held strong feelings for one another, but ultimately get together in both universes due to being inspired by the relationships of the contestants.
Tropes that apply to Amgan include:
- Birds of a Feather: Both are fashion divas who hold their own activities and looking amazing above all else. It was later revealed that the two had feelings for one another due to this, with them later becoming a couple because of it.
- Childhood Friend Romance: The two have been close friends since at least high school. Ten or so years later, and they began a relationship.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Occasionally Logan ends up getting distracted from what he was going to do due to Amber doing something that he considers "stunning".
- Everyone Can See It: Long before they got together, several contestants ended up confusing the two's friendship for a relationship.
- Just Friends: Both of them constantly claimed they were only friends while they weren't dating. Inverted later on, when they began to date.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Downplayed; It's very subtle, but usually Amber is much more willing to act confrontational about issues and Logan is overall seen as more of a drama queen and diva overall. He was also confirmed as believing he was gay for most of high school due to his femininity.
- Relationship Upgrade: Began "Fuzzy Memories: Total Drama Island" as just friends. They began a relationship officially during "Dodgebrawl".
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: The two can switch between being incredibly sweet and rude divas at the flip of a coin.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Amber was very quick to jump to Logan's aid upon Alia accidentally burns him, and upon actually beginning a relationship with him, she is fiercely protective of him and will actively defend him and his actions due to her own care towards him.
- Will They or Won't They?: During the beginning of "Fuzzy Memories: Total Drama Island", both of them are completely oblivious to the other's feelings towards the other, causing an early plot of whether or not they'll advance it. Turns out, They Do.
Two of the biggest outcasts in both series that are at first outcasted due to their odd personalities and lack of social skills alienating those around them. In the end, the two find a lot of comfort in one another, which leads to them beginning a happy relationship that ultimately helps both of them begin to gain more friends in others. Broke up for one episode in the Xtreme series, before both realized that they honestly couldn't live without the other around to make them happy. As of the Total Xtreme Action finale, they're engaged.
Tropes that apply to Moc include:
- Adorkable: Some of their sweeter moments come across as both incredibly awkward, and at the same time, completely adorable.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: While half the time Mimi can seem outright annoyed by Doc's antics and mostly confused personality, the other half of the time shows the two's trust in one another and how highly they regard the other.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: During "Fuzzy Memories: Total Drama Island", Doc and Mimi begin the show in conflict with one another, but upon growing past that and becoming friends, they are still shown to not have the easiest time getting along sometimes. Regardless, Mimi still ended up forming a crush on him(and vice versa), and they end up beginning a relationship.
- Birds of a Feather: Played With; Both are seen as outcasts and weirdos compared to those around them, both want companionship but lack the skills to find it, both have pretty horrible lives revolving around being treated poorly by society, and both are fiercely protective of those who bother to get to know them. However, they're also pretty different from one another in a lot of ways, as shown in Opposites Attract below.
- Break His Heart to Save Him: During "Total Xtreme Action", Mimi attempts to break up with Doc permanently since she knows that the two being too close in contact leads to her ''own body being toxic to him''. However, despite this, Doc makes it clear that he still loves her and that he doesn't even mind the pain since he just loves being around her. They got back together shortly after.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Occasionally, Doc ends up finding himself dozing off into his own little world due to being too distracted from watching Mimi. He even admits to staring unabashedly.
- Everyone Can See It: Near the end of the pre-merge of "Fuzzy Memories: Total Drama Island", everyone on the Brainy Baltoy easily can tell that Mimi has a crush on Doc...Except Doc himself.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Doc is much taller than Mimi, standing over two and a half feet taller than her.
- Insecure Love Interest: Mimi was too scared to reveal her feelings for Doc throughout a good portion of "Fuzzy Memories: Total Drama Island" and "Total Xtreme Island", due to her belief that he wouldn't feel the same way and that she'd ruin the only friendship she's ever had.
- Just Friends: Throughout "One Last Day on Loser Isle", Doc constantly claims that his friendship with Mimi is nothing more than exactly that, a close bond. Inverted by the next episode.
- Oblivious to Love: In both series, Doc is completely oblivious to the fact that Mimi has a crush on him until she tells him outright.
- Opposites Attract: Played With; Doc is a carefree and very social guy who can come across as rude or psychotic due to his odd way of displaying his personality, while Mimi is a very secretive and isolated individual who has trouble trusting or speaking to those around her, and thus pushes them away. However, they're also pretty similar in a lot of ways, as shown in Birds of a Feather above.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Doc is energetic, completely nonsensical, crude, inappropriate, quick to make decisions without thinking much about it, and borderline anarchistic. Mimi is a calm, antisocial, easily annoyed, insecure, snarky, and lonely enough that you'd almost want to give her a huge. They have perhaps one of the strongest relationships in the series.
- Relationship Upgrade: Begin as friends in both "Fuzzy Memories: Total Drama Island" and "Total Xtreme Island". They go on to begin a relationship in "Camp Castaways" and "Finalist Finale" respectively.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: During some of their conversations where the two bicker, it quickly evolves into a game of seeing who can one-up the other in terms of sarcasm and clever wordplay.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Both are quick to stop the other one from belittling themself, as while they both see themselves as crap, they see the other as easily the best person in their life.
A pair of friends who often act as opposites to one another in terms of interests, but share a similarly large heart of gold for all those around them. In the Xtreme series, they initially start out with Isabel trying to hook up Kanaya with another player, but soon after, both end up realizing they actually have feelings for one another, and upon having their first kiss at the end of a challenge, they begin a relationship. In the Fuzzy Memories series, the two notably go through many more issues before eventually getting together, but it seems to have made their relationship stronger in the process.
Tropes that apply to Kanabel include:
- Action Girlfriend: Downplayed, but Isabel is usually pretty quick to step into a conflict if it means that it won't escalate much further, and will always be willing to become a borderline badass when things start to go south.
- Adorkable: Kanaya is a socially oblivious shipper who will constantly make some dumb decisions as long as it leads to her seeing something cute, which usually leads to her squealing in delight, which Isabel has admitted to finding adorable during "Total Xtreme Action".
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: During "Fuzzy Memories: Total Drama Island". The two actually begin the series on decent terms, but throughout it, the two go through at least two falling-outs due to Kanaya messing up(in the first case abandoning the challenge to watch a ship form, and in the second case, kissing an unconscious Isabel in a moment of panic due to believing she was gonna die). This led to a lot of issues clearly, but whenever they weren't going through that, they were usually having cute moments that ended with Kanaya blushing.
- Distracted by the Sexy: At the end of "X-Treme Torture", Kanaya ends up seeing Isabel stepping out of their shower, and is apparently starstruck enough by her beauty that she forgets to form coherent sentences and just ends up running off in embarrassment.
- Insecure Love Interest: Kanaya was usually too flustered throughout "Total Xtreme Action" and "Fuzzy Memories: Total Drama Island" to ever actually get her feelings across, and usually belittled herself in front of her own crush, which usually ended up annoying Isabel more often than not.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Kanaya's the red to Isabel's blue, with the former being a living embodiment of energy and happiness who takes delight in shipping others, while the latter is usually pretty calm and friendly who prefers to stay out of other's business.
- Relationship Upgrade: In both "Enchanted Labyrinth" and "That's Off The Chain!", the two begin a relationship.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Downplayed; Between the two, Isabel is the much more likely of the two to act traditionally masculine, even taking on the role of acting as a male character at several points during "Total Xtreme Action", while Kanaya is pretty sweet and usually acts far more girly overall. A bit more obvious in the "Fuzzy Memories series" though, where a lot of Isabel's feminine traits are downplayed instead due to her not being somewhere she can act and due to acting as her team's leader.
- Will They or Won't They?: During "Fuzzy Memories: Total Drama Island", whether or not they'll actually become a couple was a hard question to answer. Turns out, They Do.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Isabel helps Kanaya finally find a slight bit of confidence in herself during "Fuzzy Memories: Total Drama Island" after an entire season of looking down on herself due to her past mistakes, with Isabel's response to these moments all being that she is far greater than she'll ever even know.
A pair of gamblers who couldn't be more different on first inspection, with Izaya acting as The Brute of the mob as his job occupation and having a stoic demeanor that usually puts people off, while Juvia is a sweet and unusually innocent girl who is naturally curious about the world around her. Oddly enough, they actually have the longest going relationship of any couple in the series, with them having been dating for over ten years. The only reason they haven't gotten married yet is due to Izaya's belief that it'd draw too much unwanted attention to their already attention-heavy lives.
Tropes that apply to Juzaya include:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Juvia is completely infatuated with the violent and usually rude Izaya.
- Beast and Beauty: Izaya's the beast to Juvia's beauty after the former's fire accident left half of his face horribly burned.
- Beta Couple: Due to their status as an already quite serious and happy couple, the two's relationship usually isn't as in the foreground as the others.
- Bickering Couple, Peaceful Couple: The Peaceful Couple to everyone else's Bickering Couple. It's genuinely surprising just how calm and friendly they are towards one another.
- The Big Damn Kiss: They share their first on-screen kiss during Juvia's elimination in "Hunt for the Truth".
- Bodyguard Crush: Before they began a relationship, Izaya actually was acting as a primary source of protection for Juvia, keeping her safe due to her inability to fight or even understand how to. During this time, as they grew closer, they both formed feelings for one another.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Due to his inferiority complex and lack of usual care for those around him, Izaya usually comes across as incredibly rude and thus keeps to himself. He ended up falling in love with Juvia because of how sweet and caring she was, providing him happiness and love despite he himself usually being a jerk who just looks down on himself.
- Chastity Couple: Up until "Safety at Loser Isle", the two had never had any kind of sex, and apparently they rarely kiss either, since the two usually don't believe they need to do such actions in order to show their love for the other.
- Declaration of Protection: Both made the promise to keep the other safe and happy, and so far, both are doing a pretty good on the latter, not really on the former. Regardless, they're still usually successful in keeping each other safe.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Juvia is half Izaya's size...
- Morality Pet: Both of them see the other as this, seeing them as the main reason they want to do the right thing in every situation, as they only want to make one another as happy as possible.
- Opposites Attract: Izaya is a rude and notably violent person who treats everything like it's part of his job and only treats those he cares about with any sort of respect. Juvia is an incredibly sweet and innocent person who loves the world around her while constantly displaying her own curiosity with it openly. They've been together the longest of any couple in the series, at over ten years in the main series, and at least one year in the Fuzzy Memories series.
- Pitbull Dates Puppy: Izaya is a tough and extremely dangerous guy who hates speaking to others, and yet he was able to form a close relationship with the (usually)passive, friendly, and unusually naive Juvia.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The two actually constantly swap off. Sometimes, Juvia's the red with her constantly curious personality and friendly attitude while Izaya's the blue with his snark and usually down-to-Earth outlook. However, other times, Izaya's the red in his more violent and intimidating moments while Juvia's the blue in her attempts to calm him down.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Izaya's a snarky and incredibly smart man quick to point out things he believes aren't very a smart thing to do, while Juvia is unusually curious in her naivety to a point of never ending curiousness and boundless energy.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Neither has ever expressed any kind of romantic interest in someone other than one another.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Izaya is usually standoffish and rude to other people, but around Juvia, becomes as sweet as a button, showing off an unimaginable amount of care towards her and being intensely protective of her.
- Uptight Loves Wild: Due to the nature of his profession, Izaya usually has to take most things seriously and has to maintain a professional atmosphere. He's also in love with Juvia, who's a usually carefree and incredibly social girl who yearns to learn more about the world around her.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: During "Total Xtreme Action", Juvia is perhaps most remembered for attacking and growing an undying hatred towards Cynthia and Reyna, both girls who had seriously injured Izaya during their time in the game.
Possibly the oddest couple on first glance due to their polarizing personalities and completely opposite behavior, but the two oddly have possibly one of the strongest relationships in the series due to this fact. The two oddly help the other bring out some of their best qualities, and they constantly are able to make each other happy due to a mutual understanding of what makes the other's mind tick, which is quite the accomplishment considering who they're both with. They're also notably one of only two couples in the series to have kids, with Tempest giving birth to an offspring of them in the Total Xtreme Action finale.
Tropes that apply to Tempsu include:
- Abduction Is Love: How did these two's first date go in "Total Xtreme Island"? Tempest kidnapped him because she had no idea how dates worked. Surprisingly worked out for the two.
- Action Girlfriend: Tempest is usually the first contestant in the entire cast who will jump straight into a situation with reckless abandon, no matter the danger involved, leading to her usually taking on and actually defeating opponents who are ten times her size!
- Adorkable: Oddly enough, both of the two can comes across as this in their more nervous moments around the other, leading to both constantly saying somewhat awkward or strange things out of nowhere.
- Amazon Chaser: Zetsu actually fell for Tempest in the first place because she beat the absolute crap out of his abusive father. He was attracted to both the fact that she had done what basically nobody ever did for him by actually defending him, and the second reason is because he seems to be really into strong women.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: They may be an odd pair who nobody in a million years would ever expect to be in a relationship, but their constant moments of genuinity show that the two do truly care about each other.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The ultimate reason why Tempest seemed to form a crush on Zetsu is that at least face-to-face, he was actually pretty decent to her.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: In "Fuzzy Memories: Total Drama Island", before the two got together, both were prominently known for seeming like they hate each other, but everyone saw the two of them as a potential couple since Tempest favored Zetsu over everyone else, and Zetsu constantly talked about her accidentally.
- Blatant Lies: Zetsu constantly claimed he had absolutely no interest in Tempest, despite the multiple signs that he was at least attracted to her on some level.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Zetsu is always seen zoning out upon seeing his girlfriend perform any task of superhuman proportions, completely mystified and entranced by her strength.
- Everyone Can See It: Before they even got together, everyone could tell there was something between them.
- Geeky Turn-On: Oddly enough, one of the reasons Tempest seems to be so interested in Zetsu is because of his intelligence.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Tempest, a warrior by every definition of the word, decides to give the leader of the Geek Alliance and one of the nerdiest contestants on the show a chance.
- Hot Skitty-on-Wailord Action: Tempest is only four inches tall, while Zetsu is a whopping three feet and seven inches tall...This obviously causes both some confusion and some personal horror for most people.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Zetsu is over three feet taller than Tempest.
- Insecure Love Interest: Both of them have their share of personal issues that causes them to believe the other would probably have a better relationship with someone else.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Turns out, despite constantly denying it, Zetsu is completely in love with the endless ball of energy who completely subverts reality, Tempest.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Zetsu is occasionally actually turned on by Tempest whenever she does something that's...Kinda messed up. He even admits he might see therapy after the show for this, finding it unhealthy.
- Opposites Attract: Tempest is a loud and proud girl who has grown up with very little, but has become stronger and more insane due to this, usually rushing into things without thinking. Zetsu is a workaholic who usually overthinks everything and often will freak out at the smallest of things while being kind of cowardly. They also love each other a lot.
- Pitbull Dates Puppy: Tempest is the strongest contestant across the series with basically no social skills to boot due to her odd outlook on the world...Which just makes the fact that she's dating and absolutely in love with the passive and incredibly wimpy Zetsu that much more surprisingly and somewhat heartwarming.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Tempest's the red to Zetsu's blue, the former being a Cloud Cuckoo Lander who's willing to destroy everything in her path, while the latter is a nervous wreck who prefers normality in his situations.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Zetsu constantly claimed that he had no interest in Tempest at all before they got together.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Tempest only shows her far more insecure and kinder side to Zetsu, usually acting brash and incredibly rude to others.
- Too Many Babies: At the end of "Total Xtreme Action", they ended up having a lot of kids.
- Uptight Loves Wild: Zetsu is a workaholic and a perfectionist who stresses over just about everything if it doesn't reach a high work standard...And he fell for the absolutely insane and dangerous Tempest.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Considering she's already the strongest and among the most dangerous contestants, it's a bad idea to even consider hurting Zetsu in any way, as Tempest will be there immediately to defend his "honor".
- Weakness Turns Her On: Another reason Tempest finds interest in Zetsu seems to be that he can't really stand up to her on any level...But usually she'd be fine if he did.
Tropes that apply to Garden include:
- Berserk Button: By the end of "Total Xtreme Island", Kaden has effectively become this as a whole for Gareth, despising him the second most of any person he had ever met in his life(only hating Hyde more).
- Distracted by the Sexy: Several times Kaden ends up getting distracted from actually doing anything to help his team simply because he's too focused on watching Gareth. This is ultimately the reason why Kaden ends up getting eliminated in "Fuzzy Memories: Total Drama Island", as his team believed that if he would be too focused on Gareth, that he simply wouldn't be useful.
- Everyone Can See It: Played With; everyone believes the two are either in a relationship or will be by the end of the season during "Total Xtreme Island"(prior to the reveal that Gareth wasn't all that he seemed), but Gareth genuinely has no interest in Kaden, and even begins to outright despise him(along with everyone else) by the end of the series.
- Incompatible Orientation: Kaden's homosexual, Gareth's presumably heterosexual, so really, this entire ship was doomed from the start.
- Stalker with a Crush: A lot of Kaden's actions towards Kaden border on obsession with how interested in the him he seems to be. It gets downright creepy and genuinely terrifying during some scenes.
Tropes that apply to Ashder include:
- Action Girlfriend: Ashley is about as, if not stronger than Thunder, and both are just as prone to jumping into situations best compared to an action movie.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: One of the original reasons Ashley formed a crush on Thunder was due to his standoffish attitude and huge ego that caused him to be widely disliked by the rest of the cast. Oddly, post-HeelFace Turn, one of the reasons Ashley loves him now is because he's not like his original, more unlikable self.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Throughout "Total Xtreme Action", the two have plenty of moments where they end up bickering for little reason other than that they're both prone to getting mad at fairly little, but it's never called in question just how much they care for each other due to the fact that they're always there to support the other through their problems.
- Bastard Boyfriend: Played straight at first, as Thunder initially only began his relationship with Ashley in order to have sex with her. However, after breaking up and him undergoing a HeelFace Turn, the two are able to rekindle their relationship, and this ends up being completely inverted.
- Battle Couple: Considering how prone the two truly are at getting into conflicts with others, they end up fighting alongside each other a lot more than they'd like to admit.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: The two spend just as much time fighting as they do genuinely caring about each other.
- Birds of a Feather: Both are incredibly strong and athletic, and are seen as some of the most contestants on the show. This leads to them beginning an initially toxic relationship, which later became a strong one after Thunder's HeelFace Turn.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: When Thunder starts hanging out with Louise more after "Total Xtreme Action", Ashley quickly becomes jealous of the girl and is very quick to judge her. Begins to shrug off this behavior though upon spending time with her and realizing her and Thunder have no interest in each other.
- Dogged Nice Guy: At first during "Total Xtreme Action". Post-their breakup, Thunder had formed a genuine crush on Ashley, and treated her very kindly, though she didn't notice as she was too busy fawning over Chad.
- First Guy Wins: Ashley ultimately chooses the re-pursue a relationship with Thunder again after spending most of "Total Xtreme Action" trying to win Chad's heart.
- Inverted by Ashley's final episode of the season, where she accepts his feelings and rekindles a relationship with him.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Less so in strength and more so in appearance, as Thunder is among the tallest contestants in the series, while Ashley is actually fairly short.
- Relationship Upgrade: The two begin a relationship again during the merge of "Total Xtreme Action", after having spent around two and a half years(if not longer) just being friends after their original nasty breakup.
Tropes that apply to Chage include:
- Action Girlfriend: Just so you know, Sage is the only girl in the entire series who is evan capable of keeping up with Chad's action-packed antics and personality. She's also the only one who can literally keep up with him in terms of running.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Downplayed, as while the two have always gotten along well on some level, Sage was just as prone to getting pissy at Chad as she was towards the rest of her team.
- Birds of a Feather: Both have massive egos that cause them to believe they're much better and stronger than they actually are, and are both similarly some of the most athletic and competitive contestants on the show.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Notably during "Can't Save the Tight World", Chad ends up fainting upon seeing what Sage was wearing for the challenge, something no other contestant in the entire series has done.
- I Don't Want to Ruin Our Friendship: Initially the reasoning Sage didn't pursue her feelings towards Chad was due to believing it would ruin their friendship, which she valued quite a bit, as he had easily been one of her most loyal friends ever.
- Relationship Upgrade: They end up beginning a semi-relationship in "Runs in the Family", though they don't actually officalize things until "The Bug, The Gecko, & The Psychic".
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Chad is one of the few people who's actually completely kind to Sage at all times, which ends up being a reason why she ends up forming a crush on him.
Tropes that apply to Kavereux include:
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Plenty of them. While these two usually seem like they absolutely hate each other, those moments where they show how protective and caring they are towards one another are genuinely nice to see.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: The two often seem to spend more of their time despising the other's presence than they do caring, but regardless, they're actually in a decently happy relationship.
- Birds of a Feather: To a surprising degree, these two seemed destined to be together once you consider just how similar they are. Both have a pretty negative reception from others overall, both have natural anger issues that often cause conflict, both have massive egos that cause them to value themselves over all else, both feel no regret for hurting others in any way(whether mentally, emotionally, or physically depends usually), and also are prone to rushing into decisions, causing both of them to seem like they hate the other.
- Dating What Daddy Hates: Kaden's entire family is very homophobic, so of course they're not at all supportive of the two's relationship.
- Last Minute Hookup: Begin a semi-relationship in the last few episodes of "Total Xtreme Island".
- Love Redeems: Heavily downplayed, but it's undeniable that while they are horrible people, they're significantly better ones while dating.
- Offscreen Romance: Got together officially inbetween "Total Xtreme Island" and "Total Xtreme Action".
- Relationship Revolving Door: The two are known among the other contestants for constantly breaking up with one another and than getting back together soon after, but after their most recent make-up, things seem to actually be drifting into being together for good this time.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: The two get into fights over small things a lot, but love each other nonetheless.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Compared to their awful personalities around everyone else, they're actually surprisingly kind to one another at times.
Tropes that apply to Acthia include:
- Action Girlfriend: Considering Cynthia is actually part of the mob while Ace is just a simple bookworm, the fact that she's the more likely of the two to get into conflict is sort of obvious.
- Amazon Chaser: One of the major reasons Ace fell for Cynthia was due to her strength and self-confidence.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: After having a mostly mediocre relationship for most of the season, Ace ultimately proves to Cynthia just how much he cares by spending an entire day setting up a fireworks show for her.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: After having a bit of an argument during "Boot Camp With a Side of Shit", the two spend most of "Run, Run, Run Away Monster!" at the throats of one another, but ended up getting together at the end of it either way.
- Distracted by the Sexy: During "SPECIAL: Hunt or Hunted", as Cynthia is leaving the confessional, Ace is caught looking at her butt, which he is embarrassed about after being called out on it, and is quick to deny it.
- Everyone Can See It: During Total Xtreme Island, everyone can tell on some level that the two have feelings for one another.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Ace is a nerd who mostly spends his time either isolated from the others or acting as a defacto-leader for their team, which is the lack person you'd think Cynthia would end up giving a chance.
- Just Friends: The two constantly claimed that they were only this prior to getting together.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Cynthia seems to find Ace's massive intelligence and streak to go on tangents on different school subjects oddly attractive.
- Offscreen Breakup: After the reveal of Cynthia's decreasing morality and implied emotional problems, Ace is revealed to have broken up with Cynthia inbetween "Cynthia and the Chair of Truth" and the penultimate episode, "And the Award Goes to...".
Tropes that apply to Drolia include:
- Adorkable: A large amount of Droog's Pet the Dog moments are due to how he reacts to and acts around Alia, with him showing a usually abnormal friendly side to her.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Alia intentionally invokes this; she doesn't like her parents much at all due to their status and riches, so she intentionally tries to go out with resident "bad boy" Droog since she knows they'd disapprove. Slowly does actually become a genuine love towards him though, but upon Droog finding out her original plan, he quickly breaks things off with her.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: The entireity of "The Day Before Tomorrow" is filled to the brim with the two snarking at one another while flirting all the same.
- Birds of a Feather: Both are punks who are anti-authority, leading to the two forming a bond over the third challenge and becoming a couple later on.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Droog spend a large amount of the game being a bratty jerk who kept to himself, but due to Alia's nice personality and friendly nature, he ended up falling for her pretty quick.
- Dating What Daddy Hates: The main reason why Alia begins dating Droog is due to the fact that she knows her parents won't approve of them. Droog is quick to end the relationship with her upon learning this.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: After reaching his final evolution, Droog is seven feet taller than Alia.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Droog is the red due to being a loudmouth, being rude, have a Kick the Dog streak full of boisterous insults, and plenty of angry snarking. Alia is the blue due to her chilled out personality and calming attitude.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Droog showed Alia a much softer and downright friendly side compared to his horrible attitude towards everyone else.
Tropes that apply to Breyna include:
- Action Girlfriend: Reyna is just as prone to violence and anger as Brick, with the only difference being that she can take on an entire room full of '100 wild Pokemon and actually won!
- Amazon Chaser: Brick fell for Reyna due to her immense power and the fact that she was easily the strongest female fighter on the show(before Tempest showed up, and even then she's a bit too insane for him).
- Battle Couple: Among the strongest contestants overall in the cast, and they both have gotten in a fair amount of fights with others, some of which they fought by one another's side.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: The two's entire relationship was spliced with just as much hatred towards one another as love.
- Birds of a Feather: Both are incredibly competitive and holding getting stronger as one of their major goals from joining the competition.
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: Brick now holds this opinion towards Reyna upon the reveal that she purposefully attacked Izaya with a fire attack despite knowing of his trauma towards it.
- Will They or Won't They?: Due to their many problems with one another, it became a major part of the plot in questioning whether they'd get together or not. They Do, but they also go on to break up later.
Tropes that apply to Coltson include:
- Amicable Exes: In the Xtreme series, the two get along pretty decently despite being a broken-up couple.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: The two often argue with one another for minimal reasoning, but regardless have dated in the past and get along decently well.
- Everyone Can See It: Just about every contestant has made a joke at their expense for being a gay couple. Once it's revealed they actually were one before, Sage couldn't hold back her laughter at the prospect.
- Opposites Attract: Probably a reason why their reason originally began; Colton is a very serious and incredibly insensitive jerk who treats everyone like they're garbage, while portraying minimal morals. Tyson is completely random and is absolutely obsessed with waffles to a point where they're the only thing he cooks.
- Will They or Won't They?: In the "Total Xtreme Island" finale, it becomes a question of whether or not the two ultimately began a relationship.
- Yandere: Colton is revealed to be this in Fuzzy Memories: Total Drama Island, treating Tyson like he is destined to be with him no matter how he actually feels.
Tropes that apply to Jally include:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Sally forms a crush on Jet due to his more standoffish and mysterious behavior, while everyone else on the team was otherwise not a very big fan of him.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: An intentionally invoked trope. Jet was an angsty loner who usually kept to himself while Sally was sweet and calming. The actual flaws of this kind of a relationship are shown due to the two having completely differing goals that don't really work for the other.
- Opposites Attract: Jet was a loner who usually either sticks to himself or silently insults others to himself, while Sally was a sweet girl who often acted kindly towards others...Well, before they broke up of course. Than they both gradually became jerks.
- Pitbull Dates Puppy: Sally was a sweet but otherwise completely shy girl who somehow ended up in a short-lived relationship with Jet, a jerk who prefers keeping to himself.
Tropes that apply to Lorredore include:
- Hot Teacher: Lorrein is actually seen as incredibly attractive despite the fact that's she a rather rude English/Math teacher, which is probably where Isabel got her attractiveness from.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Despite the two clearly hating each other post-divorce, Theodore regardless does encourage Lorrein to move on and find a new romantic partner.
- Opposites Attract: From what little we know of the relationship, Lorrein has always been incredibly serious and stern about her job, but she grew fond of Theodore due to his friendly and slightly carefree attitude towards life.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Due to her tendency to over-exaggerate a problem and her problem with being a loudmouth, Lorrein is easily the red to Theodore's calming blue personality.
- Solomon Divorce: The two are implied to have fought viciously over the right to raise Isabel. Theodore is implied to have won the case.
Tropes that apply to Chaley include:
- All Love Is Unrequited: Chad did not return Ashley's feelings towards him.
- Birds of a Feather: Two of some of the most athletic and strong contestants in the game who are seen as highly attractive.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Ashley often finds herself getting to preoccupied with ogling Chad to pay attention to events happening around her.
- Just Friends: The two ultimately decide to simply stay friends and not pursue any kind of romantic relationship. They consider each other among their closest friends now.
Tropes that apply to Deckai include:
- Adorkable: When Decker shows up in a business suit with flowers just to tell Kai how he feels...And then realizes he was late to the show and comments how he wished he didn't get a customized suit. It comes across as oddly cute and sympathetic.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Kai doesn't return Decker's feelings towards him.
- Did Not Get the Guy: And in an unusual case, Decker is actually completely fine with that and is okay with simply being good friends with Kai.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Word of God has confirmed that Kai did not return Decker's feelings and that they never got together.
- Just Friends: The two decide to simply stay good friends, which neither seems to regret.
- Opposites Attract: Decker is a naturally social and incredibly welcoming person who helps the usually very shy and indecisive come out of his shell, which leads to the former developing a slight crush on the latter for awhile.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: We never actually see an onscreen scene where they make things unofficial. Instead, it was revealed through Word of God.
Tropes that apply to Inoc include:
- Belligerent Sexual Tension
- Birds of a Feather: Some of the most creepy and suspicious people to have ever appeared across the franchise. They're also hinted at either being in or having been in a relationship with one another at some point.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are
Tropes that apply to Yusaac include:
- Adorkable: Isaac can come across as very dorky and borderline incompetent in his attempts to reveal his feelings to Yu.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Yu doesn't return Isaac's feelings.
- Just Friends: Yu would prefer the two just stay friends and not pursue any kind of romantic relationship.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Yu's energetic personality acts as the red to Isaac's more level-headed and thoughtful one, making him the blue.
Tropes that apply to Monaya include:
- Adorkable: Monsoon's crush is portrayed closely to one mostly based around him making a fool of himself around Izaya and making odd innuendo.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Izaya's already in a long-term and very happy relationship with Juvia, so he obviously doesn't return Monsoon's feelings.
- Birds of a Feather: Both come from a background involving the mob and criminal activity in general.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Monsoon often finds himself distracted from his goals due to his love towards Izaya.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Izaya's straight, and along with that already in a relationship, leaving the surprisingly friendly Monsoon completely rejected.
- Gay Guy Seeks Popular Jock: Izaya's one of the most athletic and strongest contestants in the cast, while Monsoons lacks this...And his hopelessly in love with him.
- Incompatible Orientation: Izaya is heterosexual while Monsoon is homosexual, which basically only further dug their already impossible relationship down an even deeper hole.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Monsoon is more than fine with simply allowing Izaya and Juvia to date since he knows they're happy together.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Monsoon's the red to Izaya's blue, with the former being quick to express his emotions and acting like the Camp Gay of the series, while Izaya is a mostly stoic, and very serious competitor.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Izaya shows a bit of a softer side to Monsoon compared to his usually aggressive and stoic attitude.
- True Companions: Izaya has made it clear that he actually sees Monsoon as his best friend from the competition, and that he'd be more than willing to continue their friendship outside the game.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: The two occasionally take jabs at one another despite their close friendship.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Izaya ends up telling Monsoon that he is a far better player than he believes, and that if he puts his mind to it he could win the show someday without assistance.
Tropes that apply to Kazira include:
- Did Not Get the Girl: Kanaya ultimately chose to start a relationship with Isabel over Nazira.
- Incompatible Orientation: Well...Of a type. Nazira's actually not sure what her sexuality is, though seemed to pursue Kanaya anyways. Upon realizing she didn't actually feel anything towards her, she begins to wonder about if she's not into women either.
- Not Good with Rejection: Regardless of if she actually felt anything towards Kanaya, Nazira still seems be holding a grudge of sorts against her.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Nazira is considerably much kinder to Kanaya than most of everyone else due to her distant personality and attitude.
- Romantic False Lead: Nazira was initially used as an attempt to confuse readers into thinking she'd be Kanaya's love interest for Total Xtreme Action, when it was really Isabel.
- The Tease: Regardless of her actual feelings, Nazira still did seem to have plenty of fun teasing and flirting with Kanaya.
Tropes that apply to Shrillan include:
- Action Girlfriend: Downplayed; Shrill isn't afraid to get into the thick of things in order to get a good story and some new information out of it, but overall isn't actually strong enough normally to do with reckless abandon, and she usually tries to avoid violence.
- Adorkable: Both of them show a most friendlier and more social side to one another compared to anyone else, though at times, usually Sableye, one of them can come across as rather dorky in their attempts to make the other feel happy.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Shrill is a journalist with a large focus of her life relying on secrets, though some of her hobbies are much more traditionally geeky and dorky than she usually lets on, which Kahlan finds very cute.
- Opposites Attract: Kahlan is calm and usually quiet, keeping to herself and usually popping up in random spots for seemingly no reason at all. Shrill is annoying and argumentative in her pursuits to find the truth. Turns out they work with each other and have been dating for awhile.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Shrill's the red while Kahlan's the blue. Shrill is quick to assume, hot-blooded, loud, and incredibly rude, while Kahlan is calm by nature, usually sleepy and lazy, quiet, and polite.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Shrill is usually much cruder and ruder to everyone...Compared to how she treats Kahlan like an absolute angel who she always care for out of her own kindness.
Tropes that apply to Valara include:
- Adorkable: Both of them come across as incredibly awkward and protective in their attempts to simply compliment one another, despite having been married for at least enough time to have two children.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Vanlin is kind of a dork in a lot of ways, but Tamara seems to be completely head over heels for him all the same.
- Happily Married: The only couple in the series who is confirmed as being married, and they deeply care about and love each other.
- Insecure Love Interest: Both of them believe the other is too good for them, but nonetheless they're both absolutely in love with each other and refuse to leave the others side.
- Opposites Attract: Tamara is an easily worried and very conflicted woman who has troubles in social situations. Valin is an all around nice guy who has no problems speaking to others. Their relationship has also gone the furthest of any couple, with the two being married and having at least two children.
Tropes that apply to Danper include:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Harper has been hinted at having a small crush on Dante, who's probably the most universally feared and among the most disliked members of the cast who has a flawed moral code.
- Bodyguard Crush: Dante takes on a rather protective, almost bodyguard-like position while around Harper, promising her he'd protect her. Both of them seem to be attracted to the other on some level.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Harper seems to be the only person that can truly get through to Dante due to her sweet personality causing him to let down his usually very up guard.
- Insecure Love Interest: Harper has poor self-esteem due to her disability of being incapable of paying attention to anything for long periods of time, which Dante often helps her try and improve out of his own kindness.
- Likes Older Men: Dante is four years older than Harper, and yet she seems to find him attractive regardless.
- Opposites Attract: Dante is a violent and serious person at heart who has a slight bit of an ego that determines his decisions, while Harper is a horribly shy girl who has no idea how to talk to others without stopping mid-sentence. They have both also shown some interest in the other.
- Speech-Impeded Love Interest: Harper has a problem forming sentences in a consistent manner due to her inability to pay attention for long periods of time.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Dante shows the usually shy and insecure Harper a much softer side than what he shows anyone else.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Dante is much taller than the usual height of his species, easily being the tallest contestant in the cast, and has a tendency to do morally ambiguous things in pursuit of his goals...And yet Harper seems to be absolutely smitten with him.
- Troubled, but Cute: Harper finds Dante surprisingly attractive despite his clear issues causing him a lot of problems.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Both of them have something similar to an inferiority complex due to their dislike of themselves, but both hold the other in a very high light.
Fuzzy Memories Series
Tropes that apply to Brincy include:
- Adorkable: The two's interactions together come across as surprisingly cute due to their own lack of knowledge on how actually being in a relationship works.
- Opposites Attract: Brooke is a snarky, mostly antisocial girl who prefers to keep to herself most of the time, while Quincy is an extremely social and friendly person who loves being around others and especially wild Pokemon.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Quincy's the red to Brooke's blue, due to the former's friendly but still incredibly loud personality, while the latter is calming and easily bored by the smallest of things.
- Relationship Upgrade: The two were just good friends at first, but began a relationship later on into the pre-merge.
Tropes that apply to Garlet include:
- Adorkable: Gareth's behavior upon seeing that Violet evolved? He doesn't know what to say and runs right into his cabin in terror.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Upon Violet evolving, Gareth is easily confused to a point of wanting to avoid her since he was too afraid of this sudden sprout of attraction on his side.
- Everyone Can See It: Near the end of the pre-merge, it had become increasingly obvious that the two had feelings for one another.
- Insecure Love Interest: Violet believes that she'd never find love due to her lack of social skills and very emo personality, which Gareth proves wrong upon beginning a relationship with her.
- Opposites Attract: Gareth is a friendly idiot who often makes unreasonable or dumb decisions for minimal reasoning, usually leading to disastrous and confused situations. Violet is usually a deadpan and mostly uncaring emo girl who is used to predicting exactly how everything turns out around her with no effort. Both end up falling for one another; the former due to seeing Violet as a smart girl who had helped him a lot throughout the competition, and the latter due to Gareth treating her like a normal girl instead of a freak.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Gareth's the red to Violet's blue, due to his naturally friendly but still incredibly idiotic personality countering her snarky tendencies and more quiet side.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Upon Mimi or anyone else insulting Gareth, Violet's usual reaction is giving them hard slap across the face.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Both of them commonly ended up building up the other's confidence due to their inferiority complexes.
Tropes that apply to Nedzira include:
- Adorkable: Nedrick's nervous confessionals involving him speaking so highly of Nazira are just loaded with him making adorable comments that also sound a little pathetic in their own right.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Nazira claims that she doesn't feel the same way towards Nedrick, but it's pretty ambiguous to her actual feelings.
- Amazon Chaser: The big reason Nedrick forms a crush on Nazira is due to her attitude and strong personality.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Every conversation between the two is absolutely loaded full of snark and friendly jabs, leading to many interpreting it as flirting.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Nedrick easily gets distracted from his other tasks when around Nazira due to his own infatuation with her.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Nedrick is nothing but an amazingly friendly person towards Nazira, but she seems to be adamant in the fact that she doesn't want to pursue a relationship with him.
- Everyone Can See It: Just about everyone can easily tell that Nazira on some level returns Nedrick's feelings but refuses to actually acknowledge them.
- Geeky Turn-On: Nazira is implied to actually be into Nedrick due to his dorky hobbies and naturally friendly personality.
- Has a Type: Nazira actually has a thing for strong guys...And yet Nedrick is her primary love interest.
- Hopeless Suitor: Nazira has made it clear time and time again that she has no interest in dating Nedrick, but that won't stop him from actively trying to start a thing with her.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Oddly, Nazira seems to be physically attracted to the incredibly pathetic-looking and nerdy Nedrick.
- Official Couple: Confirmed to finally have become this by the end of the first season by Nedrick.
- Opposites Attract: Nazira is a tough girl with an attitude who's willing to stand up to anybody who tries to push around others or her, while Nedrick is a mostly passive dork who strives to be the world's greatest ninja and is friendly to everyone. They're also each other's primary love interest.
- Ship Tease: For a friendship that Nazira seems to be determined to not let go any further, there's still a ton of teasing at the two potentially getting together even after he's been eliminated.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Nazira is far more playful and friendly towards Nedrick than she is towards most people.
- The Tease: Due to knowing of Nedrick's crush on her, Nazira flirts with him out of fun.
- Well, Excuse Me, Princess!: The two often snark at each other for minimal reasoning other than to try and start something similar to a competition with the other, but they're good "friends" regardless.
- Will They or Won't They?: Upon their close friendship being made clear, others began to question if they'd start dating. It's actually pretty confusing, as while they aren't dating and Nazira has no plans of going out with him, it's heavily hinted that both still have major feelings for one another. At the end of the season, They Do.
- You're Not My Type: Nazira is into stronger men who can take care of themselves, which is why she seems to be so against dating the frail and geeky Nedrick.