Character page for the Hundred Demons, the antagonists of the second season. Click here to return to the main character index.
Parade of Hundred Demons
The initial antagonist of Buddyfight Hundred. He fights with a Parade of Hundred Demons deck and has the Great Fiend, Yamigedo as his buddy.
He returns as one of the Buddyfighters for the GGG Cup in the final arc of the fourth season with his Buddy Yamigedo now in the form of Heavenly Specter, Yamigedo Mikazuchi and still uses a Parade of Hundred Demons deck based around the Thunder Mine mechanic.
- Ambiguously Human: His face briefly appears purple during the second season's opening and when he summons Heim, Heim wonders why there are Earthlings among them.
- Turns out he's human. His purple appearance is due to a Villain Override by Yamigedo.
- Bad Boss: Electrocutes minions (namely Shido) who fail him. Sofia shields herself when he does so.
- Best Out of Infinity: The finale shows that he and Gao have one of these going on after the world is saved with both of them at 99 wins. Gao challenges him to another one in season 4.
- The Bus Came Back: He and Yamigedo return as Buddyfighters in the GGG Cup for the final arc of season 4.
- Cape Wings: Has these when flying.
- Disney Villain Death: Falls into a crevice when his lair collapses. Subverted as he managed to survive.
- Easily Forgiven: By Gao, who only ever wanted to befriend the guy in the first place. Even after the finale, nobody seems to blame him for the events of Hundred. The fact that he was brainwashed at first and even tried to stop Yamigedo post-HeelFace Turn may have had something to do with the latter.
- Evil Makes You Monstrous: The power he gains is slowly altering his appearance. One of his hands is now clawed and he briefly turns purple at one point.
- Fake Memories: Gratos overwrote his memories to make him believe he was being mistreated by his clan.
- Fangs Are Evil: He has sharp fangs.
- Femme Fatalons: Ikazuchi's fingernails are pretty long, at least partly due to Yamigedo's influence.
- Finishing Move: He uses Yamigedo's power to create one called Unorthodox Arts, Shoraiabare Kandachi and uses it to defeat Noboru.
- HeelFace Turn: After learning that he was just Gratos' pawn and that the latter had brainwashed him, he helps the heroes after getting his revenge against Gratos.
- Hellish Pupils: They look like lightning bolts, much like the rest of his features. A flashback shows that he gained them after coming into contact with his Buddy.
- Hero Killer: Not only does he hand Gao his first defeat, he kills Tenbu. Except not, as Tenbu is still alive after being devoured.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Has demonstrated the ability to eat the memories of an individual.
- Liquid Assets: Can eat memories.
- Meaningful Name: His name, Ikazuchi, can mean "thunder". Guess what he does to Shido all the time...?
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: Ikazuchi describes unsealing Yamigedo in these terms. Or so he was made to believe.
- Multicolored Hair: His hair is yellow and black.
- Orcus on His Throne: All he's done is send his demons and Shido to do his work, though it's not stated why he's relying on them to do his work.
- Eventually subverted, as he gets tired of Shido's failures and decides to take action himself.
- He's inactive again after Yamigedo eats Tenbu due to having to absorb a massive amount of power.
- Power Incontinence: After Yamigedo eats Tenbu, the two of them are so overloaded with power that they need to stay inactive until they get it under control. Enough power is spilling out of Ikazuchi at the time that Shido gets zapped by a stray bolt.
- The Power of Friendship: His bond with Yamigedo created a second Yamigedo that cares about him and opposes the original.
- Revenge: He released Yamigedo because his family completely controlled his life in pursuit of their responsibility (and by extension his) for keeping Yamigedo sealed. Yamigedo turn them all to stone seemingly in response to his wishes and then he went Omnicidal Maniac.
- Subverted as it turns out Gratos manipulated him into freeing Yamigedo and then modified his memories so that he would believe he did it out of revenge for everything his family put him through. While his life and responsibilities had been challenging, his family was not in any way abusive.
- Slasher Smile: His default expression.
- Shock and Awe: He has the ability to shoot lightning bolts. His deck also focus on taking advantage of the Hundred Demons' Thunder Mine ability.
- Tears of Joy: His reaction to realizing that his now-petrified family no longer has any power over him.
- Villainous Glutton: He can usually be seen eating and has stated his intention to devour Earth and its futures.
- You Have Failed Me: Any and every time Shido fails his mission and loses a Hundred Demon. Considering he keeps sending Shido out for some reason, this becomes a running gag at the end (and/or beginning, in some cases) of every episode.
Tropes applying to the Hundred Demons as a whole:
- The Corruption: Their status as Hundred Demons is the result of this. Ban Enma is capable of undoing it, which he's been doing the whole time. The Bad Future has all monsters become Hundred Demons except for what are at first implied to be corrupted Omni Lords but are in actuality their evil clones.
- Counter Attack: Thunder Mine. Exactly what it counters depends on the monster using it.
- Demonic Possession: They have the ability to possess people.
- Monster of the Week: This is their role for the first several episodes.
- Our Demons Are Different: The appearances of the Hundred Demons vary greatly as they hail from every world and include members of most attributes.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: It would be easier to list the ones that don't have this feature. Even Yamigedo, their leader, has them in his base form.
Great Fiend, Yamigedo/Specter of Darkness Wasteland, O-Yamigedo/Evil Deity of Cataclysm, Hyakugan Yamigedo/Heavenly Specter, Yamigedo Mikazuchi
This planet-eating monster is Ikazuchi's Buddy and the leader of the Hundred Demons.
- All Your Powers Combined: Toward the ends of the season, it absorbs the powers of the eight Inverse Omni Lords alongside Kyoya's Disaster Force.
- Ascended Demon: Heavenly Specter, Yamigedo Mikazuchi
- Bad Boss: He eats Gratos in the Bad Future. It's implied that anyone that loses a buddyfight ends up with this fate.
- Bond Creature: Gratos finds out the hard way that Yamigedo is in fact bonded to Ikazuchi. The bond between them winds up creating a second Yamigedo that cares about Ikazuchi and opposes its original self.
- Breath Weapon: O-Yamigedo's attack is one.
- Enemy Without: A heroic version, surprisingly. The mini Yamigedo that Ikazuchi uses as his core deck case splits off and becomes a second Yamigedo that opposes the original.
- Eldritch Abomination: It comes from no world, not even generic. It can only be played with the Parade of Hundred Demons flag. And if that wasn't enough, there's the fact that its stomach is a dimension of its own.
- Evil Sounds Deep: When speaking through Ikazuchi or his clone.
- Evil Twin: Inverted. The mini Yamigedo that acts as Ikazuchi's core deck case becomes the original Yamigedo's good twin when it sides with the former against the latter. Played straight when the original Yamigedo also creates an evil clone of Ikazuchi that's fused with pieces of the Inverse Omni Lords.
- Extra Eyes: Those circles on its face? Those are its eyes. Taken Up to Eleven with its final form whose name means Hundred-Eyes Yamigedo.
- Extreme Omnivore: It can eat planets, obviously, though its smaller size means it just eats anything in its path when Ikazuchi lets it. It also eats other monsters to gain their power.
- Glass Cannon: Subverted with Hyakugan Yamigedo, which has a moderate 5000 defense, but a power of 1000000. That's right, six zeroes. It would be this if the problem of its defense is negated by its ability to respawn by sacrificing five cards from the deck.
- Hero Killer: Kills Tenbu in episode 14 of Buddyfight Hundred. Actually subverted, Tenbu isn't dead.
- Hydra Problem: Destroying Hyakugan Yamigedo is visually represented by one of its heads being destroyed and it has an ability that lets it respawn when five cards are discarded from the deck. It can also return Hundred Demons cards to its deck, giving it endless extra lives.
- It Can Think: Most people including his own minions like Gratos simply assume he's just a beast who goes out and consumes. The truth is that Yamigedo can think, but never really had a reason to until the events of Hundred.
- Kaiju: Its default form takes up most of the space in Ikazuchi's hideout and is large enough to scale skyscrapers with ease. Then it becomes O-Yamigedo, which is twice as tall at the surrounding buildings.
- Mega Manning: Heavenly Specter, Yamigedo Mikazuchi can use all the Thunder Mine abilities of the cards in it's soul.
- Mighty Roar: Does this a lot, especially during Buddyfights.
- Morton's Fork: How its Thunder Mine ability works. The opponent can either take the damage from an attack or nullify it, in which case Yamigedo's ability will inflict one damage to them.
- Multiple Head Case: Hyakugan Yamigedo has multiple necks connected to its body like a hydra.
- No Saving Throw: O-Yamigedo's Thunder Mine hits when the opponent draws a card. There's no way to avoid drawing at the beginning of a turn and the damage itself can activate some other Hundred Demons' Thunder Mines.
- One-Winged Angel: Gains a much more bestial form after absorbing some of Asmodai's power, allowing it to be used in Buddyfights.
- It becomes the MUCH larger O-Yamigedo after hibernating on the moon.
- And then, it evolves once more into Hyakugan Yamigedo.
- Pocket Dimension: Its stomach is one that's large enough to hold numerous buildings and monsters that he absorbs power from such as Tenbu.
- Planet Eater: First seen eating a planet before heading for Earth.
- Physical God: His final form is called Evil Deity of Cataclysm and even has the Deity attribute.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: When it's first summoned, it glitches out Paruko's Takoscope.
- Readings Blew Up the Scale: Hyakugan Yamigedo causes the Takoscope to explode.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The Omni Lords sealed it in a spherical boulder, which was entrusted to Ikazuchi's ancestors, the Fuchikami Clan.
- Sleep-Mode Size: Exaggerated. Its mini form is a serpentine blob creature about the size of a person's head with its five circular eyes. It was reduced to this form when it was first sealed away, but can still assume it. Now compare it to Yamigedo's default form, which is large enough to climb buildings easily.
- Sore Loser: When Gao was close to defeating the Yamigedo-possessed Ikazuchi, Yamigedo just reabsorbs him, drops the fight by destroying the prior-placed Buddy Police Barrier, then tries to turn all of Japan into stone to increase in power once more. Everyone else comments on this.
- Taken for Granite: Does this to Ikazuchi's family seemingly in response to his wishes.
- Yamigedo is also able to do this to its surroundings and anything it absorbs a significant about of power from. Like the entire surface of the Earth.
- Villain Override: Pulls one on Ikazuchi when the latter tries to re-seal him.
- The Worf Effect: During Gao's rematch with Ikazuchi, Yamigedo gets taken out by Omni Lord Drum.
First Knight of the Apocalypse, Gratos
A Hundred Demons monster from Darkness Dragon World who appears to Sophia and kidnaps Noboru when the latter loses to Ikazuchi to further the Hundred Demons' goals.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Not long after he's set up as the potential main antagonist of the season, he's defeated by Ikazuchi.
- Bigger Bad: To Ikazuchi, who he was manipulating the whole time by altering his memories. Also to Yamigedo who he views as a mindless beast that serves his goal of bringing the apocalypse.
- Black Knight: A skeletal knight clad in black armor. It's also one of the attributes of his card.
- Dem Bones: Has a skull for a face.
- Dirty Coward: Tries to flee after losing to Ikazuchi.
- Dragon Ascendant: With Ikazuchi missing and Yamigedo unable to act, he becomes the main threat. At least until a vengeful Ikazuchi has Yamigedo eat him.
- Eaten Alive: Once in the Bad Future by Yamigedo. And then again in the present after losing to Ikazuchi, who orders Yamigedo to eat him.
- The Fog of Ages: In the Bad Future so much time has passed he's forgotten who Sofia is and needed Tasuku's help to remember what buddyfights are.
- Glowing Eyelights of Undeath: When he uses his powers.
- Hidden Depths: He really enjoys buddyfighting; he ends up really realizing this when even though he has his usual mentality of losing everything, losing to Shidou of all people has him comment in that he really enjoyed their fight.
- Horsemen of the Apocalypse: As his name, his weapon being a bow, the crown on his head, and the color of his horse indicates, Gratos is based on Conquest. Three of his minions from his deck are based on the other three.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: He manipulated Ikazuchi into becoming Yamigedo's buddy. As a result, the latter ended up becoming attached to him which led to Yamigedo siding with him over and ultimately eating Gratos.
- Hypnotic Eyes: He has the ability to brainwash people he looks at, as he did to Noboru.
- Irony: The first knight of the Apocalypse who rules over Victory and Conquest loses in the three buddyfights he has.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Capable of inflicting this on others as Burn Nova found out the hard way.
- Monster Knight: A skeletal knight.
Ice Prison Emperor, Cocytus Greed
A monster from Ancient World and the first of the Hundred Demons to appear. He serves as a temporary Buddy for Shido.
- An Ice Person: He possess the ability to freeze objects.
- Extra Eyes: He has two pairs of eyes and a fifth eye on his forehead.
- Greed: Well, what do you expect from a monster called Cocytus Greed.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Cocytus is both a dragon lord and one of the hundred demons.
Twin-Headed Hellhound, Orthros
A monster from Legend World and the second of the Hundred Demons to appear. They serve as a temporary Buddy for Sophia while she masquerades as Death Shido.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Their name is left fully intact in the dub.
- Gold Makes Everything Shiny
- Hate Plague: As a Breath Weapon. They use it to make Gao's classmates and eventually Gao and Drum themselves fight each other. Gao and Drum resist it with The Power of Friendship. Interestingly, it makes them fight the person they have the closest relationship with who is in the immediate vicinity.
- Hellhound: Duh.
- Multiple Head Case: The two heads hate each other and are constantly bickering and biting each other over which of them gets to say what lines.
- Verbal Tic: "Woof" for the left head and "bowwow" for the right head.
A monster from Katana World and the third of the Hundred Demons to appear. He possesses Paruko and acts as his own Buddy.
- Blinding Bangs: His eyes aren't visible under his hair.
- Demonic Possession: Possesses Paruko to try to get Tenbu's card. What gives him away is that he acts nothing like Paruko.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Despite the long hair and girlish voice, he's a guy.
- Verbal Tic: "Chirp."
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
Rage Thirst Emperor, Grand Wilderness
A monster from Ancient World and the fourth of the Hundred Demons to appear. He serves as a temporary Buddy to Shido after being lured in with food by him and Sofia.
- Belly Mouth: Part of an entire skull that takes up most of his torso.
- Big Eater: Literally unable to stop eating and wouldn't if he could.
- Extreme Omnivore: Eats anything, including garbage.
- Our Dragons Are Different: He's a Dragon Lord.
Sibling Dragon Foonbaltes & Sibling Dragon, Kibaltes/Super Combidragon, Brainbaltes
Two monsters from Danger World and the fifth and sixth of the Hundred Demons to appear. Foonbaltes serves as a buddy monster for Kurooni and both siblings help him with his plan to rescue his brothers. They can merge into one monster called Super Combidragon, Brainbaltes.
- Fusion Dance: They can fuse with each other to become Brainbaltes.
- Gasshole: Both of them. In fact, Kurooni chooses Foonbaltes as his temporary Buddy because he is more of one that Kibaltes.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Both are Duel dragons. Foonbaltes lacks wings, while Kibaltes looks similar to a bat.
- Punny Name: Their names are puns on the Japanese phrases for "I'm bracing myself" and "I'll do my best" respectively.
- Pokémon Speak: Which they repeat to no end in the Japanese version.
- Sibling Team: The two brothers fight together.
- Verbal Tic: "-tes", though only Kibaltes uses it in the dub and even then only once.
Systemic Dagger, Black Edge
A Hundred Demons monster from Dragon World and the seventh of the Hundred Demons to appear. He acts as Shido's temporary Buddy while fighting Gao and Cait Sith.
- Armored Dragon
- Cannibalism Superpower: Gets more powerful by destroying allied Systemic Dagger Dragons.
- Evil Counterpart: To Systemic Dagger Dragon.
- Our Dragons Are Different
- Palette Swap: Of Systemic Dagger Dragon.
- Pride: Most of his lines are about how he is the best and doesn't need help from others.
Dekalfar Demon Swordsmon, Heim
One of the Hundred Demons from Legend World summoned by Ikazuchi. Despite being beaten by Gao, he manages to successfully steal Tenbu's card and escape to Dragon World, where he is defeated by Tasuku.
- Combat Pragmatist: Uses his clones to fight.
- Fantastic Racism: Looks down on humans. This may be the reason that he sent other Hundred Demons to possess Baku and Kuguru.
- Hyper-Competent Sidekick: Subverted. He's way more competent than Shido, but wants nothing to do with him.
- Self-Duplication: Tricked Gao into defeating his clone while he kidnapped Tenbu.
- Me's a Crowd: Tries to pull this in Dragon World, but the other Dragons in the area convinced him that it was a bad idea.
- White Hair, Black Heart: To go with his elvish appearance.
Bronze Giant Talos
One of the Hundred Demons from Legend World summoned by Heim to take out Gao. Two of them possess Baku and Kuguru in order to do so, but are challenged to Buddyfights by Tetsuya and Zanya instead.
- Demonic Possession: On Baku and Kuguru.
- Dumb Muscle: Not very good at Buddyfighting.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: A big mechanical brute apparently created by the gods.
- The Quiet One: Barely speaks at all normally and speaks in a monotone when possessing Baku and Kuguru.
Red Dragon, Igneel
One of the Hundred Demons from Ancient World. He was used by Shido and Sofia in a failed attempt to possess Ban Enma.
- Breath Weapon: He breathes fire and it's even on his card as an ability.
- Demonic Possession: Tried and failed on Ban Enma. He successfully possesses a firefighter, but flees when Ban pretends that he is about to Shoot the Hostage.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: He's a red dragon and that's pretty much it.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Actually fairly generic as dragons go.
- Playing with Fire
A monster from Magic World that possesses Suzuha, but is eventually defeated by Count Dawn.
- Boss Rush: Sets up more than a thousand robot copies of other characters to challenge Gao to Buddyfights.
- Demonic Possession: Possesses Suzuha.
- Our Monsters Are Weird: Looks like a star with a skull in the center.
- Eldritch Abomination: Its card also has many different animal limbs protruding out of the star, which appears to be a portal of some sort.
- Verbal Tic: "-bia".
A Hundred Demons monster from Dungeon World. He is used by Shido in a Buddyfight to delay Gao from interfering with Ikazuchi's plans.
- Carry a Big Stick: Wields a huge metal club.
- Cyclops: Duh.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Introduces himself with one."Iron Cyclops has his eye on you!"
- Pokémon Speak: "Iron" in the Japanese version.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: His card is destroyed by Ikazuchi after Shido's Buddyfight with Gao.
- Eventually subverted as Noboru summons him with a different card.
Buzzsaw Roar Dragonnote /Buzz Soloar Dragonnote
A Hundred Demons monster from Dragon World called upon by Gratos to steal the Omni Lord emblem held by Ricky. When his first attempt fails, he challenges Ban Enma to a Buddyfight with a Dragon World deck. He is defeated and purified by Ban.
- Axe-Crazy: Sees Ban and Ricky as his next victims.
- Buzz saw Good: Wields a buzz saw with a long handle.
- Japanese Ranguage: His name is mistranslated as Buzz Soloar Dragon on an early print of his card. This is corrected in the dub's voice acting and in later prints.
- Our Dragons Are Different: He's a Dragon World monster.
A Hundred Demons monster from Magic World. He acts as a temporary Buddy for Shido during his attempt to capture Asmodai.
- Our Demons Are Different: He's a 72 Pillars monster.
- Snake People: He looks like an armored, anthropomorphic snake.
- Super OCD: He burst out of his card to rant about how his surroundings aren't in perfect order and his attack is perfectly symmetrical.
The Inverse Omni Lords (Kage Ziun, Death Asmodai, Dark Miseria, Venom Nova, Crazed Tenbu, Catastrophe Cord, Twilight Count, Devilgadez)
A group of monsters created by Yamigedo using power taken from the actual Omni Lords during a battle inside the planet-eater's stomach. Each is paired with a main character's Evil Counterpart and set in place to guard Yamigedo while it hibernates in a cocoon to become Hyagugan Yamigedo.
Each of these counterparts uses a deck with a flag corresponding to the world of their respective Inverse Omni Lord, who also replaces their regular Buddy. Unlike the rest of the monster associated with Yamigedo, the Inverse Omni Lords lack the Hundred Demons attribute and instead share the Omni Lord keyword with their counterparts.
- The Berserker: Kage Ziun, Crazed Tenbu, and Devilgadez, who all simply roar instead of talking.
- Early-Bird Cameo: They make a brief appearance just before Tasuku leaves the Bad Future.
- Evil Knockoff: Of the original eight Omni Lords, created using their power no less.
- Glass Cannon: Kage Ziun. Both he and the original Ziun have 1000 defense, but Kage Ziun has a greater critical while Ziun has higher power.
- Kick the Dog: Dark Miseria delays their Buddyfight just so he can do this to Kiri during, mocking all of the loss that the latter has suffered during his time as a human. Instead of, y'know, actually defeating the guy. Kiri refuses to be cowed and takes full advantage of the situation.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: The only monsters associated with Yamigedo that aren't Hundred Demons.
- Palette Swap: Each of them uses a different color scheme from the original Omni Lords, using various combinations of purple, red, and black.