MajeedThe Tiger of Badakshan, a renowned guerilla commander of the mujahideen whom Sousuke was originally raised to assassinate. When Sousuke failed, Majeed chose to adopt him and give him the name Kashim.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Majeed's reaction to his would-be assassin was apparently to take the little tykebomb home.
- Rebel Leader: Much like the man he was based on.
- The Red Baron: Also known as the Tiger of Badakshan.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Majeed is effectively Ahmad Shah Massoud in all but name and eventual fatenote .
- Posthumous Character: Presumably, as Majeed went MIA after the Soviet Union conquered his faction of the mujahideen.
- Religious Bruiser: Was a devout Muslim and raised Sousuke as one.
- Worthy Opponent: Kalinin regarded him as one while he still served in the Spetsnaz.
A French reporter who's looking for a scoop on the Giant Killing matches taking place in Namsac, he becomes the financial sponsor of Nami's group despite having some money problems. He's an undercover DGSE agent sent to confirm Amalgam's influence in the Thai city.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Lemon mentions to Sousuke that he spent some time to mourn Nami's death after Kurama kills her.
- Nice Guy: He's pretty friendly and willingly goes with Nami to help them out of their financial troubles. He also deploys his DGSE unit to help them get out of being hostages by corrupt Thai police officers.
- Only Sane Man: Lemon was apprehensive that Nami can win a GK match since they were using a Savage against some powerful Arm Slaves. Even when Sousuke was around.
- Walking Spoiler: The Namsac arc reveals that he's a DGSE agent.
A seemingly Thai teenager who runs the Giant Killing team in Namsac that has the Savage. She's a Whispered who was assassinated by Kurama to get at Sousuke; nobody was aware of her status as such and it wasn't even stated in the anime.
- Foreshadowing: There are some instances that showed that Nami is a Whispered. For instance, she told Sousuke that she was able to do the OS for her Savage in less than a few days, which stunned him since even experts in that technical field needed weeks to do the coding and make sure that it works. The novel makes explicit that she's a Whispered, including a last-moment resonance with Kaname at the time of her death.
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth: All Nami wanted to do is to get enough money to help her fellow villagers when she left them for Namsac.
- Wrench Wench: Knows Arm Slaves inside and out.
An ex-USMC marine who fought alongside Sousuke many years ago in some conflict zones before he settled in Namsac and fought in the Giant Killing matches. He's known by the locals as the The Jungle Warbird. Rick was killed by Dao while using the bathroom.
- Hero of Another Story: His time with Sousuke fighting in various conflict zones worldwide.
- In the Back: Rick is killed when Dao stabs him with a combat knife.
- Small Role, Big Impact: His murder at the hands of Dao allowed Sousuke to take his place and win matches for Nami's team to get Amalgam's attention.
- The Unseen: Rick gets precisely one appearance and about three mentions. Justified given that he's killed and stuffed in the toilet.
Lieutenant Colonel John Courtney
An retired USMC officer who has access to an old training camp somewhere in the woods of north Florida. He knows Sousuke from his pre-Mithril days.
- The Cavalry: Along with Wraith, Courtney arrives during the battle in Mexico and guns down Amalgam forces on the verge of capturing Sousuke and then delivers the ARX-8 into battle.
- Gunship Rescue: Provided for Sousuke in the Mexico engagement, courtesy of the CH-47 Pave Mare also being used to deliver the Laevateinn.
- Hero of Another Story: His exploits in Vietnam with the US Marines.
- Remember the New Guy?: Courtney was only mentioned in the Florida arc, with dialogue from Sousuke suggesting that they go way back.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Courtney really loves his f-bombs.Courtney: He's got something a lot simpler—fucking guts.Lemon: Guts?Courtney: No, fucking guts.
- Training from Hell: Subjects Sousuke to long runs with a heavy backpack in the forests, sometimes with gators in the way. It also includes being subjected to harsh languages and long obstacle courses.
- The Vietnam Vet: He fought in the Vietnam War.