Characters who have appeared in Foxy Flavored Cookie.
- Amnesiac Resonance: He doesn't remember anything from his past as a human, yet has retained his talents for cooking and playing music.
- Back Story: He was born with an excess of energy that gives him the (uncontrollable) power to break anything. He was born in poverty, in a group of white gypsies. One night, the gypsies entered the residence of a family of succubi and slaughtered most of them, but Dante stopped the gypsies before they could harm the family's baby, which he took under his protection. The gypsies, to ensure Luna would never use her powers for evil, forced Dante to do a blood oath with her that would bind her to him, but Dante changed it to an oath that merged their souls. The attack of a "powerful force" when he was nine caused him to get separated from them with Luna. They grew up like siblings on the street, and during those years Dante learned to cook and play music. However, someday he separated himself from her (due to wishing that she had her freedom, as Luna had become linked mentally to him after years of energy-leeching).
- Baleful Polymorph
- Berserk Button: Don't harm his friends.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He's as friendly as can be, but when he gets angry, he gets dangerous.
- Blessed with Suck: He was born with a magical condition that gives an excess of energy, which gives him super strength only to break things... or people. Luna helps him by leeching off the excess energy.
- Blood Oath: Did one with Luna, under the orders of the council of the white gypsies.
- Body Horror: Due to being a bitten, Wolfsbane applied directly to Pucho's face reveals the Dante human face under it. The fur and muzzle then grow back, but damn.
- He was going to turn into a feral lycan until Hos used catnip to skip that step and bring him back to a thinking state when they met shortly after Dante was bitten.
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Genius Ditz: An amazing cook, and he can learn to play instruments by toying with them for a moment. Both are remnants of his past life.
- He made an amazing meal... out of what he was cooking previously, which he picked up off the ground. That was in the restaurant.
- Groin Attack: Kicks the feral lycan in the nards shortly before it bites him.
- Heroic BSoD: When stopping Dream Soldiers who are on a mission to retrieve Nelly; due to his desire not to harm anyone, he falls into it just as he has an opponent to the ground. This allows his opponent to use Wolfsbane on him.
- Idiot Hero: Not to an extreme, but one of the effects of the conversion to lycan reduced his intelligence, making him more of a Cloud Cuckoolander.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: A non-romantic version. Due to his blood oath with Luna, they are binded, and seeing this, Dante tried to get away from her.
- Line-of-Sight Name: His lycan name, Pucho Chilenos, was chosen by Pervy, who saw it on a pack of cigarettes in his human clothes.
- Loss of Identity: Which forces him to build a new one as Pucho.
- Nice Guy
- Running Gag: His Cloud Cuckoolander tendencies.
- Trademark Favorite Food: COOKIES.
- All Gays Are Promiscuous: Despite his interest in Nelly, he's still bi and feels attracted to male lycans, including Pucho and even a male Dream Soldier met during the camping trip. He flirts freely, but he's a far milder case than his ex-boyfriend Draco...
- All of the Other Reindeer: Was bullied at the orphanage for his blue fur... until Nelly came along and gave the bullies a beating, at least.
- Amazon Chaser: For Nelly.
- Back Story: Nothing is known of his parents, he was seen growing up in the orphanage with Nelly. He would be bullied there for his blue fur, until Nelly showed up to defend him. Afterwards, they grew up as good friends. See Coming-Out Story for his teenage years.
- Bi the Way
- Camp Gay: Often acts that way.
- Childhood Friend Romance: For Nelly. But she sees him as a brother.
- Coming-Out Story: A flashback shows the time, when in his teenage years, that he discovered he was gay, telling Nelly about it (and her not caring). Then, finding out he was actually bisexual and loved Nelly; which she didn't like.
- Conveniently an Orphan: Like Nelly, he grew up at the orphanage. Unlike Nelly, his parents are never mentioned.
- The Fashionista: A Rare Male Example, he helped Pituka buy new sets of clothes at one point, and designed Astrid's modest attires (which she still calls uniforms). Even in preparations for the camping trip he hesitates between which attires will make him look good.
- Heroic BSoD: When Nelly is captured by Dream Soldiers. He could not help when he could have done the most, and as a result he heads back to Paws' Den (this took lace near the end of the camping trip), thinking about his coward attitude.
- Hidden Depths: During the campfire stories bit, he tells a heartfelt love story.
- Interspecies Romance: He is interested in Nelly, a cheetah. His ex-boyfriend Draco is a half-wolf, half-dragon hybrid, who himself is the result of such a romance. He has also shown an interest in Luna's cat form.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Has his mind geared towards sex a lot. He's very flirty, and his first reaction upon seeing Luna's cat form is "I'd totally tap that".
- Though it depends on the case, as he will act like a Chivalrous Pervert sometimes.
- Made of Iron: Perhaps more than any other lycan, due to the daily dose of wrench to the face he gets from Nelly.
- Mr. Fanservice: As much as a dog/wolf lycan could be; his shirt is usually open at the front, revealing his blue chest fur. He was also seen wearing only a speedo.
- Nice Guy
- Really Gets Around: Or at least, used to.
- Running Gag: His perverted jokes, flirting with Nelly and getting hit.
- Shipper on Deck: For Pucho/Pituka.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Nelly, as she considers him like a brother due to them growing up in the same orphanage.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Very few people around Paws' Den ever seem to take note of Pervy's blue fur, even though he's one of only two character (the other being a reader cameo) to be blue-furred.
- You Gotta Have Blue Fur: It's his natural fur color, strangely enough.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Nelly.
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: It's mentioned that he keeps getting fired and scout is the last job he found.
- Action Girl: Can jump into the fray with her deploying hammer. She would prefer to solve conflicts without violence, though.
- Back Story: Pituka never really knew her parents and we don't see much of her youth. Her father is Francis Silverfist, leader of the lycan rebellion for freedom, who was imprisoned shortly before her birth for a crime he didn't actually commit. Her mother is the Queen of Paws' Den, whom Francis had an affair with before his imprisonment.
- Berserk Button: Don't you lay a hand on her bugs, unless you want to meet her trusty friend the hammer.
- Compelling Voice: Inherited her mother's power.
- Conveniently an Orphan: Like Hos and Nelly, she grew up without her parents. Her father is Francis Silverfist, who had an affair with the previous Queen of Paws' Den. He was imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit, and only came out around the time the comic takes place.
- Death Glare: More like "death stare" when Nelly shows rudeness while Pucho and Luna are hugging. The page of the comic where this happens is a gif with Pituka's face shaking with the phrase "stare" and "stare intensifies".
- Drop the Hammer
- The Heart
- King Incognito: She's the lost Princess of Paws' Den, in disguise. It's possible even she doesn't know.
- Meaningful Name: "Pituka" is an expression that means "fancy lady".
- Morality Pet: To Nelly.
- Nice Girl: The nicest.
- Patchwork Kids: Has her mother's species, as is the case for all lycans... and she has her father's silver-ish hair.
- Secret Identity Identity: Not her identity proper, but her appearance; she wears an inhibitor which hides her true appearance from everyone. Actually, rather than brown, she's a red fox like the Queen, due to being the lost Princess of Paws' Den. With this, she avoids being recognized.
- Sense Loss Sadness: Has no sense of smell, which proves troublesome for many things. Pucho helps her in that department.
- Team Mom: Acts a bit like a motherly figure to everyone else.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Nelly's tomboy.
- Action Girl
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Chief engineer of the heating factory.
- Back Story: Grew up in the orphanage with Pervy. Her parents were the Iron Duo, two major figures of the lycan revolution and amazing fighters in their own right. They died in the lycan revolution after biting off more than they could chew (entering a fight 150 to 1), and this against their leader Francis's orders. She hates them for "abandoning" her.
- Berserk Button: When Pervy is called a "blueberry" in front of her. The results won't be pretty.
- Blood Knight
- Conveniently an Orphan: Like Hos, she grew up at the orphanage. Her parents were the Iron Duo, a couple of cheetahs fighting for the revolution twenty-some years prior to the comic. They both died in a fight where they faced too many enemies at once.
- Damsel in Distress: When Dream Soldiers attack the camping ground and take her away, leaving Pucho and Pituka to save her. As for how a woman like this can fall into this role, her attackers used a plant, the Wolfsbane, which can knock out most lycans, and with prolonged exposure, kill them.
- The Engineer: She has so many "toys"...
- Genius Bruiser: Strong and smart. She takes down a hyena despite his Healing Factor by restricting his lungs and making a joke to get him to laugh and use up his oxygen faster.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Humanity Ensues: The Dream Soldiers who kidnap her use a large dose of Wolfsbane that turns her completely human for a moment. She understandably panics, both from the loss of her heightened animal senses, from discovering her new mostly hairless look, and because she hates humans.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Is described as rough with her employees, hot-blooded and always willing to fight, wrenches Pervy on a near-daily basis (most times he flirts with her), plays herself to be a bit of a mean girl even with her friends... but would never refuse to help them.
- The Lad-ette
- Red Baron: The Iron Daughter.
- Running Gag: Replying to Pervy's flirting attitude towards her by clocking him on the head with a wrench.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Pituka's girly girl.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Hos, whom she considers like a brother since they were in the same orphanage during childhood.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Pervy.
- Wrench Wench: Due to working at the heating factory. Wrenches are also her favorite weapon when Pervy tries to flirt with her.
- Back Story: She was found as a baby in the home of her parents, which were brutally murdered by white gypsies. Dante got in their way, believing that a baby free of wrong should not be killed on the basis of its species. These gypsies, to ensure Luna would never use her powers for evil, forced Dante to do a blood oath with her that would bind her to him, but Dante changed it to an oath that merged their souls. She thus grew up with Dante, and used her desire-reading talents to figure out what others would want (from an artistic standpoint), letting Dante learn cooking and playing music, and getting paid for it. She would leech off Dante's excess energy, which doesn't mean mishaps never happened, and after one such mishap Dante wished to let her free, which means he ran away from her. Afterwards, she desperately looked for him everywhere.
- Gratuitous Spanish: When her mind connection with Pucho is broken, she speaks Spanish. Even when he's nearby (and she doesn't know), she still does.
- Blood Oath: The white gypsies forced Dante to make an oath with her, but Dante changed it to a blood oath that binded their souls.
- Energy Absorption: Does this for Dante/Pucho, who was born with an excess of energy (yet unexplained). When he has too much energy, he starts breaking things unwillingly; she leechess off the excess energy to prevent him from breaking anything... or anyone.
- Girlish Pigtails: Her "hairstyle" in her normal succubus form and as a cat look like this.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Hardly feels jealousy herself, but is seen using this to spark a fight when she appears for the first time.
- Heroic BSoD: Has one during the camping trip.
- Innocently Insensitive: Around the campfire during the camping trip, she tells the story of Little Red Riding Hood. The version where the wolf gets killed by the lumberjack. To lycans. Pituka and Hos are horrified.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Of a different kind, as she has never used her succubus powers that way. However, she can read desire, likes to use her slightly trickster tendencies to push certain people together, or use her transformations' charm to get what she wants.
- Ms. Fanservice: In a way. Her succubus nature is meant to light up the desire of others, so the sex-appeal of her transformations is more pronounced.
- Shipper on Deck: For Pucho/Pituka, just like Pervy. Also ships Pervy/Nelly.
- The Trickster
- Voluntary Shapeshifting
- Attractive Bent-Gender: While drunk during the camping trip, transforms into Pervy to make him and Nelly laugh.
- Morphic Resonance: Her non-human forms not based on other characters are pink with green eyes.
- Sexier Alter Ego: Her transformations are meant to be attractive, due to her succubus nature.
- Shapeshifter Baggage: Her normal form is petite; her human and cat forms are normal-sized. She's also seen morphing into a rabbit and as a tick when the group leaves on the camping trip.
- Shapeshifter Default Form: Her normal form is that of a little pink demon with Girlish Pigtails, a green heart on the forehead, small claws, wings, a tail and white stumps for feet.
- Shapeshifter Guilt Trip: On her ealiest appearance, turns into Nelly to convince Pervy to attack Pucho or Ulrick.
- Shapeshifting Seducer: Uses this, but was raised by Dante to only keep it at seduction, never using her powers to allure men into sex.
- Technically Naked Shapeshifter: Her normal form doesn't wear clothes, they appear on her when she transforms into a more humanoid form.
- Undying Loyalty: To Dante/Pucho.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: When she takes on a Lycan form, her pink fur is rarely, if ever, addressed by the people seeing her.
- Action Girl
- Back Story: Very little is known of it so far, but as a Dream Soldier her training was intense and she grew up used to serving someone.
- Brown Note: Cannot stand music. It's apparently a trait of her species.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Is fought when the group sneaks out of Paws' Den to go camping and is saved by Pituka's orders after Nelly shot her. She thus swore allegiance to Pituka.
- Honor Before Reason: A trait common to all Dream Soldiers.
- I Owe You My Life: How she explains her undying servitude towards Pituka, believing that Pituka's orders are what saved her.
- Limited Wardrobe: During her time as a servant of the Queen. When she joins the group, Pervy uses his skills to craft her many fabulous outfits.
- Undying Loyalty: Towards Pituka.
- The Unpronounceable: Astrachitax can be pronounced, but her friends prefer to call her Astrid.
The universe of Foxy Flavored Cookie feature eight different types of Lycans, with particular tropes applying to each type. Every type has been featured at least one, some more than others. Additional material made by Baker shows examples of the different species.
Tropes applying to the Lycans as a whole
- Animal Stereotypes: Many lycans.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Most Lycans are barefoot.
- Expressive Ears
- Healing Factor: Lycans are tougher than humans and heal faster. Hyenas heal fast even by lycan standards.
- Not So Different: From humans. Sure, they have more advanced technology, magic is a part of their daily lives, and Paws' Den is different enough from human communities, but there's a lot of racism between the different types of lycans.
- Population Control: At the time of the comic, only one child per family is allowed. Exceptions can be made for twins.
- Through a Face Full of Fur
- Weaksauce Weakness: All Lycans are weak to Wolfsbane; it knocks them out when they're hit by it. Prolonged exposure can partly or fully transform them into humans, although the effect is temporary. Dream Soldiers are the only ones immune to the plant's effect. Wolfsbane is also made illegal in Paws' Den.
BittensHumans turned into Lycans, found by Lycan scouts in the outside world and cured just in time from becoming feral. They get to keep their sentience, but lose their past memories and some of their intelligence. Pucho is the first bitten in many years, and no other bitten has been featured so far.
- Baleful Polymorph
- The Ditz: The second side-effect of the transformation.
- Fantastic Racism: Are not liked very much due to the fact that they are newcomers to the community, but also because of the decrease in intelligence caused by the transformation.
- Identity Amnesia: Bittens lose all memories of their human selves and thus must build a new personality from scratch, with no way (so far) to let them retrieve some of those memories. Plus, it's implied that Pucho's Amnesiac Resonance was something unheard of for Bittens.
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: Although Bittens are created from being bitten by Elite Lycans, since Elites can be of any species, Bittens can also be of any species, although a Bitten will invariably be the species of the Elite that bit it.
StraysLycans who are born from parents of two different species, having the mother's species and a few traits of the father, often resulting in odd mixes. Known Strays include Pituka and Pervy.
- Fantastic Racism: Suffer this from Pures, though less than Hybrids.
- Interspecies Romance: Strays are the result of one.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: A milder case than Hybrids, Strays may be the species of the mother and the color of the father, leading to fur colorations such as a bear with leopard stripes or a cat with panda colors, but the oddities are purely cosmetic.
PuresExactly What It Says on the Tin: Lycans who are not a result of mixed breeding. This tends to make them feel superior to strays and, well, most species in Paws' Den. Nelly, Ulrick, Tammy, Coop, the Iron Duo and the Queen of Paws' Den are Pures.
- Fantastic Racism: On the giving end of this against almost every other type of Lycan in Paws' Den.
HybridsGenetics messing up the result of an Interspecies Romance and giving a Lycan traits of both species, often resulting in very bizarre animals, like a fox with rabbit ears ad tail. The only Hybrids seen so far are Draco, a half-wolf half-dragon, and Handy, a fruit bat/sugar glider hybrid.
- Cartoon Creature: You can usually tell what were the species of both parents, with the Hybrid being mostly the mother's species with traits of the father's, but the results are no less jarring.
- Fantastic Racism: Get hit by this from almost everyone else due to their physical oddities.
- Interspecies Romance: They also are the results of one, although it's much more obvious.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Literally, as unlike Strays the differences are physical, not only cosmetic.
- Nice Guy: Despite being ostracized by nearly all other races, they're described as the nicest people around Paws' Den.
HycansHycans have quite the history; they are the result of a bitten who somehow manages to stay with their human family; the human family is relocated to Paws' Den to accomodate the Bitten; the magic of Paws' Den will change over time the appearance of the humans in it to give them animal features, such as animal ears. The Hycans, being able to live outside by hiding their animal traits, are thus not very much liked inside Paws' Den by those who dream of such a freedom.
- Fantastic Racism: Hycans are HATED by a lot of citizens of Paws' Den due to them being allowed to blend in with humans and live outside of Paws' Den, a dream many Lycans share.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Through exposure to the Lycan world.
- Little Bit Beastly
Silver FangsBorn one in 100 births, Silver Fangs are much larger than other Lycans. Originally, they were ostracized on their differences, hence why they were soon moved to a particular sector of the underground city. Now they hold leading roles around Paws' Den. Pituka's father Francis is a wolf Silver Fang.
- Fantastic Racism: Used to be on the receiving end of this; however, things changed and Silver Fangs now hold positions of power around Paws' Den.
- Large and in Charge: An enforced trope.
- Really 700 Years Old: Downplayed. The're said to have a much longer life expectancy than other Lycans, though it's not said whether that means they can live a dozen or a hundred years older.
Dream SoldiersA species of jackals brought from Egypt by the royal family of Paws' Den, they have sworn loyalty to them and serve as the Queen's bodyguards. They are tasked with keeping Paws' Den a secret, and are known as fierce fighters. The males are large and strong, but the women are in charge; their species is also unaffected by Wolfsbane. Astrachitax (Astrid) is the only Dream Soldier to join the main group, but others have been featured, including Klaus.
- Action Girl: All the female Dream Soldiers.
- Combat Pragmatist: They don't shy away from dirty tactics in battle.
- Disability Immunity: Are unaffected by Wolfsbane, hence why they use it as a weapon.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Or rather, "normal-sized girl".
- Knight Templar
- Light Is Not Good: They serve the Queen and are thus on the side of the Lycans; however, their role is to keep the lycan world hidden from humans, by any means. Some are sent on missions against the protagonists (kidnapping Nelly in the process) and don't shy away from using dirty tactics. It's also strongly implied that in the lycan civil war, them being on the side of the Queen means they had to go up against the revolution of the lycans wishing to reveal the existence of their kind.
- Nonstandard Character Design: Dream Soldiers's faces are, 95% of the time, shown at a Cheated Angle where the length of their muzzle is seen with their nose at the tip, inside the zone that forms the muzzle. All Dream Soldiers also have ears drawn in such a way that we never see the interior of said ears...
- Proud Warrior Race Guy
- Sinister Scythe: Not actually scythes, but the females frequently use sickle-like weapons.
- The Unpronounceable: Dream Soldiers often have long and/or complex names that can be shortened to a simpler name. Outside of Astrid, there's Akhena.
ElitesElites are what humans bitten by other Elites are supposed to become unless they are found by a Lycan scout and cured before the virus turns them feral. They multiply through biting humans but also animals, explaining the variety of Elites. Only one Elite has been seen in the comic, the one that bites Dante at the beginning.
- Art Evolution: The Elite seen at the beginning looked like a normal feral animal, on four legs and non-anthropomorphic. The example drawn later by Baker gives them a more werewolf-life form.
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: They do not have to be wolves, as Elite Lycans can be of any species; however, when they bite a human, the resulting Bitten will be the species of the Elite that bit them.
A doctor appointed to Pucho's checkup. A shy cat, he does his job with utmost seriousness. His beauty is both a blessing and a curse, as his cute appearance combined to his shyness has made him quite the object of interest for dominant ladies around him, especially Tammy, whom he fears.
- A Day in the Limelight: Mini-arcs outside of the main story show his research on Pucho's lycan cells and his struggles to escape from Tammy.
- Adorkable: One reason why so many women want him.
- Butt-Monkey: Usually the subject of jokes. In a filler showing a snowball fight between the main six, he's K.O. in a pile of snow.
- Chick Magnet: An unwilling one.
- Hot Scientist: A Rare Male Example.
- Indifferent Beauty: He couldn't care less that women find him handsome.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Loves ramen. He likes it so much that when Luna was scanning his desires to know what food to toss him, ramen is what came out, and he didn't mind being in a hospital if that meant receiving ramen for every meal.
- A Day in the Limelight: Mini-arcs outside of the main story show her seeking Ulrick, kidnapping him...
- Cats Are Magic
- Deadpan Snarker
- Head-Tiltingly Kinky: Once captured Ulrick, after which he escaped and found himself naked in Pituka's house... with a ballgag and a collar around his neck, a strap on his arm, and other stuff... She's got issues.
- Irony: She's a psychiatrist, yet would really need to go see one.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: Towards Ulrick.
- Playing with Fire
- Secret Keeper: She's one of the rare few to know Pituka's secret. Her inhibitor, which masquerades as a ponytail ring, hides her true, red fox appearance.
- Stalker with a Crush
RyuuTammy's familiar/minion, a strange little creature, fan of sandwiches.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Sandwiches.
Luisa and the rabbitsThe rabbits do multiple jobs around the community. Luisa fills important roles; among others, she controls the elevator between the outside world and Paws' Den.
- Berserk Button: Luisa doesn't like being yelled at. Not does she like it when her height is mentioned or mocked. Pervy found out the hard way.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: There are so many rabbits around Paws' Den that they fill whatever role they can. Some are guarding the top of the cliff that hides the elevator leading to the underground community, some are hired to move furniture from a place to the other, some work at the heating factory, some work as waiters... Rabbit Hycans (humans with rabbit ears and tail) guard the entrance of the silver forest, trading and passing in and out merchandise to passing gypsies, and showing them the way through the forest so that they don't find Paws' Den.
- Older Than They Look: Since all rabbits in Paws' Den are their normal sizes, it's often difficult to tell which are children and which are adults. It's better to assume that the ones working jobs are adults since any resident of the community needs to find work as soon as they hit the age of 18.
- Really Gets Around: Never really stated, but a nice little background gag has a sign taped to a wall of the heating factory, "Bunnies: No funny business". And judging by the large ppulation of rabbits...
Pituka's bugsBeing an insect biologist, Pituka has a wide collection of bugs at home... to Pucho's dismay. They will rarely get a mention, although two are more promiment than the others:-Huggie, an "Aranea Praegrandis" that is large enough to serve as a mount. It also has limited speech capabilities;-And an unnamed bug usually kept in a jar. This one causes paralysis in the people it bites, and no one seems to be immune to it.
- Action Pet: Can attack enemies while ridden by Pituka.
- Last of His Kind: Huggie.
- Small Name, Big Ego: The little paralyzing bug will only act if extreme respect is shown to him (as in, calling him a Lord or anything of that level).
DracoPervy's ex-boyfriend, a character created by an ex-reader of the webcomic. A half-wolf half-dragon hybrid lycan.
- A Day in the Limelight: The subplot about the heating factory during the camping trip of the main six show him leading the factory.
- All Gays Are Promiscuous: A much worse case than Pervy. During his time as chief of the heating factory, he instated rules forcing the male lycans working there to be in their underwear - and, later, in the nude. He also flirts with any hot guy he meets, whether it's a Dream Soldier, or Coop, who replaces him in the role of factory chief. Thankfully, when a guy tells him he doesn't swing that way, Draco stops his flirting.
- Bilingual Bonus: Speaks Spanish and converses with Luna on her first appearance.
- Interspecies Romance: The result of one.
- Noodle Incident: It's apparently his fault if all the lycans need to climb up the cliff to reach the elevator leading down into Paws' Den.
- Our Dragons Are Different: One of his parents (quite likely his father, considering he's mostly a wolf) is a lycan dragon.
- Put on a Bus: Not seen again after he leaves the heating factory, due to his creator no longer following the series.
The restaurant employeesTwo of them (that we know of: Pucho's boss (a bear), and the only Hycan (half-human) seen on-screen so far.
- Bears Are Bad News: The owner of El Peludo, a dirty, unhappy bear; he makes Pucho clean the dishes at first, though seemingly makes Pucho a chef after the Bitten cooks something good.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Sabella is a Hycan, a species of half-human lycans who can live on the surface by hiding their animal ears. They are the result of a bitten lycan who hasn't been able to leave his human loved one behind.
Dream SoldiersA race of ruthless jackals serving the Queen. Many of them appear throughout the comic, often as antagonists. Note: This refers to the Dream Soldiers characters, minus Astrid, who appear in the comic; for the tropes that apply directly to the species, see the section in "Types of Lycans".
- Action Girl: All the Dream Soldiers who have been seen fighting so far, Astrid included, were female.
- Combat Pragmatist
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: In their species, the males are large and tall, and used for heavy physical work, while the females are the size of the other species and more agile. This can be seen when Astrid interacts with Klaus.
- Sherlock Scan: At least one of them has displayed this ability to deduce the best course of action in order to win a fight; but the Dream Soldier who did this forgot one detail.
- Sinister Scythe: Not actually scythes, but the females frequently use sickle-like weapons.
CoopA dog lycan who replaces Draco at the head of the heating factory while Nelly is gone and ends up facing the menace of Sir Pen Tyne.
- A Day in the Limelight: The heating factory subplot show him taking the role of chef in the factory, after Draco leaves.
- Butt-Monkey: Probably the biggest one in the series, and considering we already had Pervy and Ulrick, that's saying something.
- No Respect Guy: Let's simply say that he has a very tough time getting anyone to listen to him in the factory - especially the hyenas.
Sir Pen TyneA crooked businessman-er, furret, who wishes to get his paws on the heating factory while Nelly is gone on a camping trip with her friends. His butler is a tall, older hare.
- A Day in the Limelight: Is the main antagonist of the heating factory subplot, attempting to buy it. Grows closer to becoming the Big Bad with every new page.
- Animal Motifs: Snakes. Quite fitting, really.
- Big-Bad Ensemble: A nasty businessferret who desires to gain more power over Paws' Den, passing through the heating factory - but the Queen denies him permission to attempt to steal the factory.
- Corrupt Politician: Attempts to become one - or rather, to join the Lycan Circle. But to get this, he needs votes...
- Faux Affably Evil
- Lean and Mean: Suggested by his furret body.
- Manipulative Bastard: Has shades of this, although he's not very successful when he tries to take the factory by himself. His second attempt, however, is much more fruitful. He's trying to pull Pervy into his schemes.
- Mismatched Eyes: Pen Tyne has a red eye and a green eye.
- Punny Name
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Has been seen in a robe or an otherwise chic attire in all of his appearances.
- Smug Snake
- Vague Age: His age is never stated (like most characters's), but details make it really unclear whether he's a younger adult (in his thirties) or an older one (in his fifties or sixties).
- Villain Song: "Snake Charmer", with accompanying trippy sequence.
Brandi and Candi TastyTwo female hyenas who work under Nelly at the heating factory. During her absence, the two try to help Coop deal with Sir Pen Tine.
- A Day in the Limelight: They appear in the heating factory subplot, when Coop becomes the new chief.
- Dumb Muscle
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Outside of their clothes (the junk they're wearing at the moment), the only way to tell them apart is that one has a green haircut while the other has a red haircut.
HandyA helpful hybrid bat who lives hidden within the heating factory, and comes up with a way to diminish the problem of the freezing Paws' Den, since Nelly left the freezing machine running before heading out on a camping trip with her friends.
The feral lycanThe lycan that bites Dante at the beginning of the comic.
- Diabolus ex Nihilo: Shows up suddenly, gets into a fight with Dante, bites him, gets a kick to the nuts, and kickstarts the whole plot. Yet nothing else is known of it.
- Savage Wolves: It attacked like one.
The white gypsiesThe clan Dante belonged to before transforming into a lycan. Are responsible for the death of Luna's family and for forcing Dante's blood oath with Luna. Their customs are explained in flashback pages, mostly through Luna's eyes. They killed Luna's family and, on Pucho's request, accepted her among them, though they kept her under their watch.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: They slaughtered Luna's family, not without good reason as it was heavily implied these succubi were doing great harm to the world. And after Dante takes baby-Luna in as his sister, to make sure she never reverts to her succubus ways they force the two of them into a blood oath that would bind Luna to Dante forever.
Sensei CiallmharAn old lycan who can predict of future through card reading. Foreshadowing expositor. Also Tammy's uncle.
- Barefoot Sage: Like all Lycans, he's barefoot.
- Cats Are Magic
- Eccentric Mentor
- Expy: Of Yoda, minus the broken English.
- Foreshadowing: Serves this purpose when the main group goes to meet him. He reads their future in the cards.
- He predicts that Pituka comes from an important lineage, and says that an important event of her life will repeat at some point.
- He predicts that Pucho will be involved in something big.
- He predicts that Pervy has a terrible secret even he doesn't know about, a truth hidden "under a coat of blue".
- Last he also predicts that Luna has two debts that she'll have to repay someday, one which will be repaid before the other and involves her blood oath with Pucho.
- Really, every time he shows up, his magic is used to preview something. His next significant appearance is when he analyzes the fragment of Pucho's DNA (that Ulrick previously had), to find out Pucho's heart is like a well that keeps taking magic inside him and trapping it.
- Miniature Senior Citizens: Older than everyone else, smaller than everyone else.
- Mr. Exposition: Take a guess.
- Purple Eyes: A very, very old mentor, expert in all things magical.
- Really 300 Years Old
The Iron DuoTwo tough cheetahs who were semi-leaders of the revolution in the civil war. They fought to allow the lycans freedom to live outside of Paws' Den, which goes against the orders of the Queen. Their story is told by Nelly one night around the campfire. They're her parents, who died shortly after her birth by getting into a fight that they lost.
- Action Mom / Action Dad: And it cost them their lives.
- Aerith and Bob: Their real names are Claudia and Krevian.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Were just below Francis among the leaders of the rebellion for lycan freedom, and were incredible fighters.
- Battle Couple
- The Big Guy: Nelly's father.
- Blood Knight: Both of them, which led to their downfall. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
- They were so eager to fight that when their leader, Francis Silverfist, asked for the revolution to cease, they refused and continued fighting, with dire consequences.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Their silhouettes showed up in Nelly's story when she was telling her story around the campfire. However, they were properly designed much, much later, and finally appear in a photograph shown to Nelly by Francis.
- One-Man Army: They are implied to be this, each of them. Their defeat pit them against an army of 300.
- Only Known by Their Nickname / Red Baron: Their real names haven't been said so far, they are always referred to as the Iron Duo.
KlausAstrid's "phatranious"; her selected mate among Dream Soldiers. She often calls for his help when faced with major problems.
- Dumb Muscle: Doesn't do much on the side of intelligence, and is apparently only able to speak one word at a time; and the longest word he can say is "Astrachitax" (his appointed mate's name).
- Full-Name Basis: Always calls his mate "Atrachitax" rather than "Astrid".
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Much, much larger than Astrid.
The Queen of Paws' DenA mysterious character who has yet to appear outside of the shadows in the comic. Very little is known of her.
- Abusive Parents: She locked up Pituka in her chambers when she was a small child to keep others from knowing about her. When she left once to chase after her pet bug the Queen used her Compelling Voice to make her crush it.
- Big Bad: As close to a villain as there can be so far in the comic; sends the Dream Soldiers to capture Nelly (the Iron Daughter). Though she flat out denies Sir Pen Tyne's attempt to seize the heating factory, making this a case of Big-Bad Ensemble.
- Compelling Voice: She can compel other lycans to obey her, and she's passed the ability to her daughter.
- Face Framed in Shadow: Has always been seen as a silhouette so far.
The humanAn unnamed human who finds the main six as they're camping in the forest outside Paws' Den.
- Butt-Monkey: The biggest example in the entire comic, getting beaten up by Pervy, Astrid, Nelly, drugged by Pervy, and so much else. Unlike the lycans, he doesn't heal quickly. And now Astrid and Klaus are smuggling him into Paws' Den.
- The Chew Toy: Gets beat up a LOT.
- He Knows Too Much: He stumbles on the group as they're camping. Since her species is meant to uphold the masquerade, Astrid offers to kill him. By that point, Pucho knows he used to be a human, so he takes pity on the guy and thus Astrid and Nelly accept not to kill him. However, now that they're stuck with a human, the group doesn't know what to do with him; and thus, at one point, Astrid and Klaus smuggle the human into Paws' Den to find a solution.
- Intrepid Merchant: The intrepid part is questionable, but he reveals himself to be selling cosmetics from town to town.
- No Name Given
Francis SilverfistPituka's father, whom she hasn't seen in years. A Silver Fang, thus a leader among lycans. Became a figure of hope for the rebels in Paws' Den, until he was accused of a crime he didn't commit and sent to jail.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: He apparently was a very capable fighter as a general among Silver Fangs, which helped spark the revolution from the dreams of freedom many lycans had.
- Badass Mustache: A flashback page even shows its evolution.
- Clear My Name: Was imprisoned for a murder he didn't commit, and had to wait out twenty years in jail... despite being able to escape. In fact, he does escape early on, but finds Pituka in the royal apartments (where he was preparing to clear his name), and thus sends himself back to jail and asks the militia to cease their attacks.
- Defiant to the End: When about to get killed by a nasty Dream Soldier, he respons to her threats by Blowing a Raspberry.
- Eyepatch of Power: Wears one by the time he appears in person in the comic. The two pages of his backstory show him without one, meaning he started wearing it during the time he was imprisoned.
- Gratuitous German: Peppers his speech with some German phrases. When he sees Pituka again, he clls her his "kleiner schmetterling" (his little butterfly).
- Great Escape: Easily gets out of prison by his own means, but goes back in of his own volition.
- Large and in Charge: As a Silver Fang, he is much larger than the other lycans. Silver Fangs are born one in 2,000 births and appointed roles as leaders in Paws' Den.
- He's even taller than Nelly's father!
- Miscarriage of Justice: Was imprisoned for a murder, despite not having anything to do with it, and the testimony of the Iron Duo didn't help.
- Also Mistaken for Murderer.
- Papa Wolf: A wolf, and very protective of Pituka.
- Underwear of Power: He hardly, if ever wears pants; usually all he wears at the bottom is a speedo. It's kinda silly.
- Unexplained Accent: It is never said why he has a German accent in Paws' Den, located in America, in that time period.