(Since there are a lot of characters in this game (mostly minor Forgotlings), only characters with significant impact on the plot will be listed.)
Anne (Voiced by Rachel Messer)The title character, referred to as "The Enforcer" or "Madam Enforcer" by the rank-and-file Forgotlings, Anne is the only other human in the Realm of Forgotten Things besides Bonku, who has raised her like a daughter.
- Ambidextrous Sprite: The Arca will always be on the hand which Anne is facing; ergo, if she's facing left, it will be on her left hand and vice versa.
- Back from the Dead: Played with; the game has a collectible mode which allows Anne to revisit the story at any point, but it makes certain to state these are only alternate timelines.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Implied to be the case in her relationship with Fig
- Braids of Action: Anne wears her mid-back length hair in a single braid.
- Damsel in Distress: Becomes this for a time after having her Arca taken away.
- Fiery Redhead: Anne can be quite emotional if pushed too far.
- Heroic BSoD: Poor Anne gets three of these in a row at one point, all within about a day's time: she learns she's a Forgotling, the Caretaker shows her how she was abandoned by her mother, and Blanket crystallizes in her sleep.
- HeelFace Turn: Played with it depending how the player acts through Anne, who could has been a straight up violent Enforcer Obliviously Evil to an Affably Evil with good intentions. Either way, no matter how loyal she was to Bonku's system, she ends up fighting along with The Resistance... At least, until the final.
- Meaningful Name: The root of "Anne" is the Hebrew name "Hannah", which usually means "favor". She was "favored" by Bonku.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Anne starts out blindly loyal to Bonku and refusing to listen to anyone who speaks ill of him. As the events of the game reveal how much he's kept from her and showcases how ruthless he can be, she comes to oppose him.
- Nice Shoes: Anne wears a pair of knee-high, slightly high-heeled (but still functional) leather boots.
- Not Quite Flight: Anne wears a pair of Arca-powered wings which don't allow her to fly, but do let her glide, jump impressively high and long distances, and can safely break her fall from great heights.
- One-Hit Kill: The Arca is capable of killing any Forgotling, no matter how big or strong, unless the story won't allow it.
- Red Baron: Is know as "the hawk of the Tower" or "little hawk". As cool it sounds, it's mostly use in a disdained way.
- Roof Hopping: Anne's usual method of traveling, combined with her Not Quite Flight wings.
- There's No Place Like Home: Can be played straight or averted depending on the choice you make in the final sequence.
Master Bonku (Voiced by Lou Lambert)An elderly clockmaker who, angry that the world's technology was passing him by, managed to transport himself into the Realm of Forgotten Things.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Bonku grew so angry at his work and expertise being forgotten that he somehow traversed into the Realm of Forgotten Things.
- Grass Is Greener: As stated above, Bonku's anger and bitterness managed to catapult him out of the real world and into a place where he was surrounded by other forgotten things. His intelligence, skill, and ruthlessness allowed him to set himself up as ruler, but he soon forgot just how bad he'd felt things were in the real world and began planning a way to go back.
Tiphany (Voiced by Amelia Tyler)An ornate lamp and trusted associate of Master Bonku who works at the Watchtower. She and Anne are friends.
- False Friend: If Anne doesn't distill Tiphany while breaking into the Tower and then chooses to sacrifice herself, Tiphany shows up to speak with Fig at Anne's memorial, and makes absolutely no mention of Anne at all. It's all the more notable because Fig, who knew Anne for a grand total of maybe two days, is still melancholy over her death.
Chief Inspector Magnum (Voiced by Brandon Fague)Master Bonku's chief law enforcement officer (seperate from Anne). He's a little overenthusiastic about collaring Rebels but essentially good-natured.
- Abhorrent Admirer: To Anne. She can always try to brush it off more or less nicely, she'll still mentioned in her journal she would like to use the Arca on him to made him shut up for good.
- In Love with Your Carnage: His strong admiration for Anne is mostly built on this.Magnum: So, how many rebels have you distilled today?Anne: Inspector, we don't...Magnum: I bet you took down a few of them, didn't you? Business as usual?
- Mean Boss: He threatens his employe, Blitz, to send him to the Plant if he doesn't do his job right, and doesn't hesitated to calls out Amp on multiple occasions. Yet, he doesn't seem to do much more than screaming tantrum. He seems also to interact more smoothly with Plumbum.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain! : Unknowing escort Fig, the rebels chef, and Anne who at this point has rallies them.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Depends on the player choice. If Secti is present at the train station, Anne can say that Magnum is behind all, that he made up fake videos to prove she destroys the Plant only to steals her Arca. Secti is managed to be convinced, and Amp is named Chief Inspector to the greatest horror of Magnum.
- Police Brutality: happens twice depending of the choices of the player. He can literally shoot Heeltoe if Anne acts too brutal during the examination. Also, if the player guess wrongly who is the traitor at the train station, Pax will admits he was a rebel. Magnum will shoot him and then jumps on him with the clear intention to murder him.
- Psycho for Hire: As mentioned above, he enjoys very much the idea to kill, or at the very least being violent towards the rebels."Take that! And this! You filthy rebel! You deserve one of my bullets you lying scrap!"
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": He falls all over himself trying to impress Anne whenever she's around, and the easiest way to fool him is always to play on this tendency.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: If Anne decided to sacrifice herself he's nowhere to be found.
- Yandere: Play with it. It's hard to say if he does have romantic feelings over his very strong admiration for the Enforcer. However, he tries to go with her at the city, drags his farewell with her, tries to make her 'comfortable' during the train's journey and make all in his power to stay at Anne's side... as well that killing someone just to please her (though, it doesn't seem to be a big deal for him). It's also mentioned by one unknown Forgotling he lost his mind when he had learn Anne switches side and started arresting randomly people - and knowing his taste for forceful questionings, it was may have been deadly. Yet, he would do anything Anne asks him, even stepping back off his dirty job or allowing to get arrest, despite his confusion.
Plumbum (Voiced by Ingvi Stein Steinsson Snaedel)A 1940s-era gasoline pump and subordinate to Chief Inspector Magnum.
- Cassandra Truth: Downplayed. He never trusts Anne, Enforcer or not. When she comes back on their side, he expresses rightfully that something is weird, but Magnum brushes it off.
- Dumb Muscle: He's not good for much besides physical tasks, but he's strong enough to break down a hydraulic steel door with no damage to show for it.
- Easily Forgiven: Is seen during the epilogue of the Sacrifice Ending.
- Eyepatch of Power: Played for laugh. He doesn't even have eyes. Double point for smoking cigar without having a mouth.
- Hulk Speak: How he talks.
- Insistent Terminology: He constantly refers to Anne as "Endorser".
- The Big Guy : Easily the tallest and strongest character if we don't count Tink
Bulb (Voiced by Christopher Tester)A lamp fixture who once lived in the office of a government agent, hence his obsession with clandestine operations. He is the co-leader of the Rebels.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Manage to take away the Arca of Bonku during the final, but dies almost immediately after.
- Punny Name: His name is Bulb, but despite being capable of emitting bright light, he's not particularly smart. He's a dim bulb.
Fig (Voiced by Daniel Pierce)A dummy built by an actress to rehearse blocking her scenes with, Fig is the co-leader of the Rebels.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Of a sort. Despite his face being on his chest, he wears a blonde wig on his head. If Anne asks him why, he just stammers before changing the subject.
- The Gadfly : How he acts initially with Anne.
The Caretaker (Voiced by Amelia Tyler)The original inhabitant of the Realm of Forgotten Things, who claims to be "the first memory" of something forgotten.
- Bait-and-Switch: When Anne reunites the two halves of the Arca in the final scene, The Caretaker makes a borderline ominous pronouncement about the power that someone wielding the Arca to control the Ether Bridge would have. Turns out it's not a villain revealing themselves, just a prelude to her telling Anne about the Sadistic Choice she has to make.
- The Voice