As you know, Foot 2 Rue has it's very own Street Football World Cup. This means new teams every year. As the season progresses, each team will have a new member compared to the five members only rule. As well as the new teams, there are also the adults who may or may not provide advice to the Rifflers. Some celebrity characters like Nico would only appear for two episodes.
- A Day in the Limelight: Any episode which has the Tek No brothers in the limelight, always expect Tek to take No's thunder
- Official Couple: Two actually. Tag/Eloise and Jeremy/Samira
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Subverted. Despite their nickname being the Bleus de Port Marie, the Rifflers have more red personality traits.
- True Companions: All seven of them.
Sebastian "Tag" Arias Oler (Formerly Tagano)
Sebastian Arais Oler AKA Sebastian Tagano Tag is the main character and captain of the Rifflers. He is a fan of football and hopes to go professional. Tag is considered the coolest kid in school but he can be a bit of a bully and is prone to be jealous. Despite this, Tag is clever, charismatic and has fangirls chasing after him.
Tag was born in Argentina to Pablo Arias Echevarne and Sophia Oler. By the time he was born, Argentina was already a communist state. Not long after, Sophia passed away, so Pablo took baby Sebastian to France. Tag's childhood wasn't easy. He got into trouble a lot and was the Riffler institute's school bully when he really just wanted a friend. Tag is very picky when choosing his friends and usually accepts them in his group only because of their passion for football.
At the end of Season 4, he and Eloise are engaged to be married. They're also expecting their first child.
- The Ace: In his own right. He's smart, athletic and charismatic.
- Achilles in His Tent: On multiple occasions.
- Amazon Chaser: Why Eloïse is Tag's girlfriend.
- Anime Hair
- Big Man on Campus: Ever since Season 2, he's been the biggest celebrity in Port Marie.
- Bishōnen: He had hoards of fangirls despite being 14. By the time he's 16, he gets a haircut and looks like Rocket.
- Book Dumb
- Brilliant, but Lazy
- Chick Magnet
- Dashing Hispanic: Argentinian and handsome.
- Deadpan Snarker: He gets it from his father.
- Distaff Counterpart: Samira.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: In one episode where he forces his crew to do training via martial arts.
- Mr Fan Service: Let us count the ways:
- Grumpy Bear
- Henpecked Husband: Eloise's favorite pass time in Season 2 is nitpicking at everything Tag does. And they're not even married. Yet.
- The Hero
- Jerkass: When he was a kid, especially to Gabriel.
- Latin Lover: Not that he knew he came from Argentina.
- Married to the Job: A part of Tag's personality which often upsets Eloise.
- Though sharing essentially the same job means they bring their relationship to the field, much to Gabriel's dismay.
- Meaningful Name: His nickname is a synonym for graffiti in French. His real name, Sebastian, means heroic.
- His name in the Italian dub, Lucifero, means devil and Tag was quite the little devil as a kid.
- Missing Mom: Sophia was murdered and the Argentine government passed it off as a car crash.
- Blue Oni, Red Oni: The red to Gabriel's blue.
- The blue to Jeremy's red.
- Le Parkour: He eventually hangs out with much older Traceurs after Eloise ditches him at the last minute.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: His links to Shark and the others allows Tag to get almost anything he wants.
- Serious Business: How he usually sees football matches.
- Heck, everything Tag deals with IS serious business.
- No, seriously. If you want to be a member of the Rifflers, you must be a football fanatic 24/7. Tag makes the rules by his standards.
- Heck, everything Tag deals with IS serious business.
- Shirtless Scene: If you wonder why Eloise dates him.
- Spexico: His father is from Argentina.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
- Team Dad: He's protective of Tek and No and often refers to Eloise as if she's his wife.
- Took a Level in Badass: Season 4 has Tag as an international manager. Eat your heart out, Sven Goran Eriksson.
- Training from Hell: He sometimes imposes this on himself and his own team.
- Tsundere: To Jeremy and Eloïse.
- He's also hostile towards authority and the upper class.
Since she was a baby, Eloise has been surrounded by the finest things in life. Sadly for her, her parents don't pay any attention to her. She literally has fanboys drooling over her, which she inherited from her mother. Despite this, Eloise doesn't want to be seen as a rich jerk.(This is why Tag resented her.)
Eloise's grandfather owns the Riffler institute. Because of this, she has free access anytime she likes.
At the end of Season 4, she and Tag are engaged to be married. She's also pregnant with their firstborn child.
- Abusive Parents: Not so much in Season 2 but in season 3, they abandoned her at the Melville while they had a party at their house.
- Action Girlfriend: Yep. That's her alright.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Averted. Tag might be a Bastard Boyfriend from time to time, but he would do anything to make sure Eloïse is happy.
- The Big Guy: She's more hot tempered than Samira.
- Bad Liar: Eloise isn't good from keeping secrets from Tag.
- Blatant Lies: So far this is her favorite tactic. When the Rifflers are going through a tough time without Tag, Eloise will always say the opposite just to stop him worrying.
- Big Man on Campus: She was on the cover on Urban Star.
- Butt-Monkey:Poor kid never gets a break.
- The Chick: She gets chewed out for this sometimes.
- Dude Magnet: In one episode in Season 3, her entire harem were male. To make matters worse, her mom encouraged her to be a dude magnet.
- Ms. Fanservice: If anything, she gets the most fanservice in the series and she's pissed off about it.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Samira actually called her our for this when she ratted Atsuko out.
- Even though Tag chews her out over relationships, Samira chewed her out for breaking the Bro-Code.
- One of the Boys:So much that she persuades Tag to let Samira join the gang because she was the only girl.
- Really Gets Around: Tag sometimes mistakes her for this.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Believe it or not, she's the blue oni to everyone except Gabriel.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Subverted. Eloise doesn't use this tactic in any game but will use this outside.
- The Smurfette Principle: Was this in Season 1. We'll have to wait until Season 4 in case Samira doesn't return.
- Spicy Latina
- Stacy's Mom: Her mom is referred to one but it isn't mentioned.
- If Season 4 is a good season for Eloise and Tag to get to the next level, she might be candidate in the epilogue.
- Team Mom: As the only girl of the Rifflers, she was Tag's 2nd in command.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Subverted. Even though, she looks like the girly girl, Eloise is the tomboy.
- Too Dumb to Live: Tag and Samira have lampshaded this. Every time Eloise is on her own, Victoria will make sure that Tag forgets about her.
- Unwanted Harem: Oh dear God. Eloise has one of the biggest harems in Port Marie, it's almost moe.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: He claims to be good at it and he makes several references to Jackie Chan and the Karate Kid whilst failing to chop a block with his hand. Even his mentor resembles Mr Miyagi.
- Big Eater: One of Jeremy's worst habits.
- Big Man on Campus: Ever since he joined the Rifflers, Jeremy is trying to big himself up.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Jeremy did study for a test only for the Rifflers to realize that he was trying to overthrow Tag.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Think Pasila Kyosti and Feliciano rolled into one.
- Butt-Monkey: Used To be until Season 3 where more Butt Monkey gags involve Eloise.
- Casanova Wannabe: Poor Samira must think twice before dating a guy like Jeremy.
- Catchphrase: Tak Tak Tak.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: Let's call it a towel shall we?
- Chick Magnet: He wants to be one really bad but aren't we forgetting that Samira's the only chick he's attracted to?
- Dance Battler
- Deadpan Snarker: Saying witty remarks is what he does best besides playing football.
- Education Mama: Possibly one of the reasons he ran away from home
- To be fair, Jeremy ran away from home because his mother wouldn't let him see his father.
- Fiery Redhead: Averted. Jeremy's probably too clueless how to be a Tsundere except when Samira's involved.
- Idiot Hero: Despite being The Lancer, Jeremy could even star in his own Shonen manga comic.
- Jerk Jock: He's even worse than Tag.
- The Lancer: He isn't very happy about this. In Season 3, Jeremy seems to be Tag's right hand man. Whenever Tag goes Awol, Jeremy's more than happy to take his place and agreeing with him.
- Large Ham: He often claims to be 10 times better than Tag.However, Tag will never let Jeremy forget that he's number one.
- Official Couple: Him and Samira. As soon as the foot massage scene kicked in it was love at first sight (At least in Samira's point of view).
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: He claims to be the blue oni, but he's too lazy so he's everybody's red oni, except the twins.
- Team Dad: He is often this to Tek and No. Out of the twins, Tek seems to get along with him.
- Walking Techbane: He had a habit of breaking computers especially in Season 2.
- The Ace: Smart and athletic. If Tag was absent for some reason, she automatically fills the roll of The Hero.
- Berserk Button: Hit on Jeremy in front of her and she will threaten you.
- Go on; I dare you to say anything racist or sexist I dare you.
- The Big Guy: More so in Season 3.
- Big Man on Campus: Beside the Rifflers, Samira has friends outside her own team such as Atsuko, Prenda and Manuella.
- Chekhov's Gun: Anything involving Samira has got to be a Chekhov's gun.
- The Chick: She was this is Season 2 because she was more friendly. In Season 4, it gets worse when she becomes a victim of Ms Pradet's sabotage attempts.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Distaff Counterpart: She is Tag's counterpart in terms of personality.
- Gentle Giant: She becomes this in Season 4.
- Gabriel, who was the oldest (As well as the tallest since his birthday was mentioned) left for Paris and Samira seems to be the 2nd oldest and the tallest (Although she's the same height as Tag).
- The Lancer: If Tag's not around, she becomes this to Eloise, who's The Hero.
- Otaku: She loves manga and anime much to Eloise's dismay.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: For some reason, she has bigger eyes than the rest of her friends.
- Single-Issue Psychology: Samira must've seen her father get beat up in a race attack when she moved to France. This has left her traumatized. If somebody mentions it without knowing it, she would threaten to kill them.
- Serious Business: Other than football, Samira is also a fan of Manga and Anime. Even insulting Japanese culture would force Samira to start saying to your face that you just said the wrong thing at the wrong time.
- Team Mom: To Jeremy and the twins. It's not bad having younger siblings. Just ask Momo and he'll tell you the info.
- Some of the older kids like Tag and Eloise take her advice.
- As of Season 4, Samira is the oldest member of the Rifflers.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Samira is actually the tomboy.
- Tsundere: A Type B in Season 2 but a Type A in season 3. Samira is the easily angered one(Although not on Tag's level) and Takeshi had to learn the hard way.
- Who's Laughing Now?: After getting in trouble for something Yacine did again, Samira finally has enough which includes berating him much to the surprise of Tag, Eloise, Jeremy and No. The real kicker is, everyone thought that Samira was the easy going one who never gets mad at the littlest thing.
Tek and No Zaim
- Butt-Monkey: Tek can't really catch a break. He does get better, though.
- Cute Bruiser: Both of them.
- Genius Bruiser: No
- Identical Twin ID Tag: One of the Tekno Twins (Tek and No) played with this trope in "Alter Ego" until he learned the four boys in the Scottish team are brothers of the one girl of their team.
- Likes Older Women: Both of them fit this description. Especially Tek who eventually hits it off with Lizare.
- Those Two Guys: Well, they are twins.
- Single-Minded Twins
- Tsundere: Tek
- The Unfavorite: Tek used to think this was him until their father announced that he was going to Arsenal.
Gabriel N Daula
- Asian and Nerdy: He's part Asian and pretty nerdy.
- Badass Bookworm: A bookish and nerdy guy who can sure apply that knowledge when it comes to Street Football.
- Black and Nerdy: Part African and he's rather nerdy.
- Butt-Monkey: More of that in Season 2.
- Extreme Doormat: He gets this treatment whenever Eloise goes missing.
- No wait, scratch that! He was this to Tag in most of Season 1.
- In-Series Nickname: Gabe and Brains.
- Nerd Glasses: Wears round glasses and is the main strategist of the team.
- Nice Guy: One of the nicest characters on the show.
- Potty Emergency: After he scored the winning goal against the Scorpions, he dashed off behind a shed to relieve himself. When the Rifflers congratulate him, Tag makes fun of him whilst Tek, No and Eloise look on.
- Cute Bruiser: And how.
- Devil in Plain Sight
- Karma Houdini: There are two reasons Yacine never gets blamed:
- Ms. Pradet will automatically blame Samira, who's older than him.
- Yacine's only 5 years old which makes him even more annoying.
- The Smart Guy: Supposed to be.
Pablo Arias Echervane
- Blue Oni: To Count Riffler's Red Oni.
- Disappeared Dad: He was in prison when Tag was a baby.
- Genius Bruiser: He was this back in the day. It is implied that Tag gets his athleticism from him.
- Nice Guy: He's the most laid back of the team's parents.
- Open-Minded Parent: Very open minded.
- Team Dad: He took his son and his friends to the park.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: He's taller than his wife and daughter.
- Large Ham: Much to the shock of Saleem and Albert. Dear God, they must be hearing the same things if Eloise picks up on his habits.
- The One Guy: He's the only male member of Eloise's family to be seen.
- Overprotective Dad: He didn't like Tag in Season 1.
- Royal Brat: Although his doesn't act bratty.
- Red Oni: To Pablo's Blue Oni.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!
- Serious Business: Count Riffler will do anything to make sure he and his family are in the media spotlight.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Looks pretty young despite being the mother of a teenager.
- Beauty Mark: Has one over the left side of her mouth.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: She has the same skin-tone as her daughter and her hair is blonde.
- The Ojou
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!
- Serious Business: Whenever Eloise is in the media spotlight.
- Stacy's Mom: Seriously, Riffler's mom has got it going on.
- Team Mom: Other than Pablo, Mrs. Riffler has also been a mentor for the team even taking them to Brazil.
- Cool Old Lady: She's Eloïse's grandmother and she's always willing to help and listen to her.
- I Was Quite the Looker: While the picture isn't very good, she was apparently quite pretty back in the day.
- Miniature Senior Citizens: Even with her wheelchair she looks very small.
- Old Friend: She and Miss Adelaide know each other from a long time.
- The Voiceless: She didn't say anything for the first twenty episodes before finally speaking to call out her son and daughter in-law for their negligence of Eloïse. Even her own son is surprised she talks.
- Widow Woman: Her husband, the previous Count Riffler, has already passed away.
- Big Man on Campus: Back in Algeria he was already a star athlete.
- Open-Minded Parent: Surprisingly, Mr Zaim allows his sons to play sports.
- Parental Favoritism: He subverts this. At first it seems like the Tek No sisters are favorites but it seems that Tek is the favorite.
- Serious Business: Tek seems to inherit this trait from his dad.
Mr. and Mrs. N Daula
- Bare Your Midriff: Both Zangezinho and Pepigna. Him because he's tall and her because she's the only girl.
- Drives Like Crazy: Eduardo again.
- Five-Man Band:
- Too Dumb to Live: Eduardo has eventually done some stuff in his prime.
- Also Milton getting to the point that even Zangezinho lampshades this, much to Tag's shock.
- Defeat Means Friendship: After the finals in Season 1, Zangezinho is still friends with the Rifflers, mainly Tag and Eloise due to the love triangle.
- Nice Guy: In comparison to what Tag thought, Zangezinho is a nice guy who doesn't mean any harm.
- Those Two Guys: Him and Sinead are seen together the most of all the captains.
- Drives Like Crazy
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: He kinda looks like Ronaldo doesn't he?
- Too Dumb to Live: Stealing a patrol car knowing there's police looking for them? Yeah, not very thoughtful.
- Genius Ditz
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: He looks like Ronaldinho but skinnier.
- Too Dumb to Live: Zangezinho said it and Tag saw it.
- The Big Guy: Miguelinho played as a goalkeeper once against the Chinese team.
- Bare Your Midriff: Although like Eloïse her navel isn't drawn.
- The Chick
- The Smurfette Principle: The only female on the team.
The Bronx Devils
- Amazon Brigade: They are one of only two all-female teams seen in the series, the others being the Panthers of South Africa.
- Bare Your Midriff: Jodie and Kate.
- Beauty Mark: Jodie, Sinead and Kate all have one.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Rose has a tan and blonde hair.
- Five-Man Band:
- The Quiet One: Rose is the least talkative of the team.
- Token Minority: Mary is African-American while Jodie is Asian-American.
The Dolphins of Kiribati
- Five-Man Band
- Fluffy the Terrible: Their name is not very intimidating, but they sure can be.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Oscar, especially in "Disappearance" where he let Eloise escape from the storage, "Cruise With Nico" where he cheered Victoria up and "Welcome To Tunis" when he and Harry join forces with Tag, Eloise and Jeremy.
- Victoria has her moments as well especially when her attempts to reunite Tag with Pablo worked. Not only was Victoria well liked among the Rifflers but she wanted to her friendship with Eloise to continue and it worked.
- Karma Houdini: Victoria hardly claims responsibility for the trouble she caused Tag.
- Oscar never got his when he kissed Eloise. Tag didn't even mention about it in "Welcome To Tunis".
- Shipper on Deck: Every single one of them ship Eloise with Mochi.
- Big Bad: He is at the penultimate episode of Season 3.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Karma Houdini: Tag never got to call him out on kissing Eloise.
- Only Sane Man:The only one of the Dolphins to call Victoria out.
- Scary Black Man: Subverted
- Shipper on Deck: He ships Mochi/Eloise, much to Tag's dismay.
- Think Nothing of It: When he and Harry join forces with Tag, Eloise and Jeremy, nobody seems to remember what happened in "Diva".
- The Brute
- Fat Bastard
- Scary Black Man: Subverted.
- Shipper on Deck: Like Oscar, Tubo also ships Eloise with Mochi to the point he has a crush on her.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Has dark skin like the rest of the team but pale blonde hair.
- The Dragon
- Jerk Jock
- Scary Black Man
- Those Two Guys: Him and Oscar were the only ones forced to kidnap Eloise. By Victoria
- Think Nothing of It: When he and Oscar join forces with Tag.
The Ninjas of Tokyo
- Five-Man Band
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Zanji looks like Izzy Izumi whist Takeshi looks like Sasuke Uchida.
- Shout-Out: To Digimon Adventure and Naruto.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: The Samurais of Tokyo are inplied to be rivals
- Tsundere: Every single one of them.
- The Big Guy: And they used him as a sumo wrestler instead of a badass samurai
- Dumb Muscle: Subverted. Bunji might look it but he's smarter than he appears.
- Anime Hair: Looks like a cross between Sasuke and Gohan.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Atsuko
- Deadpan Snarker
- Jerkass: Implied to be this to Atsuko.
- Jerk Jock: His misogynist comments got Samira pissed off with him.
- The Lancer
- Perpetual Frowner
- The Stoic
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: His name is even similar to Hiroki Ishiyama
- The Smart Guy
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Anime Hair
- Expy:Of Tai. Except shorter, paler and stoic.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: His hair looks like Tai's.
- The Stoic
- Cool Shades
- Dark-Skinned Redhead
- Expy: Of Izzy. Both of them have red hair and are listed as The Smart Guy
- The Smart Guy
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Takeshi.
- The Chick: The only female on the team.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Education Mama: Her father is an example of this. After he wanted her to focus soley on her studies, she finally called him out. Eloise, Samira, Fede and Atsuko's family were shocked. By the way, her dad looks like Kyoya's and her mom looks like Sora's.
- Jerk Jock: Eloise's first impression of her plus she has the letterman to prove it.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She might be an ass to Eloise but she's a friend of Samira.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: It's easy to see how Shark got his nickname thanks to his long pointy nose, sharp teeth and hat that has something resembling teeth.
- Hammer's wide eyes and head bring to mind a hammerhead shark.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: Bulldog is the big guy and Cartoon is the little guy.
- Face of a Thug: They look thuggish but they aren't as bad as they appear.
- Five-Man Band
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Very unlikely those are their real names, but that's how everyone knows them.
- The Pig-Pen: Salty, who considers madness having to take a bath twice in one day.
- Starter Villain: Not really villains, but they are the very first team the Rifflers face in the story.
- Hopeless with Tech: She doesn't understand computers very much and even asks Gabriel help with the internet.
- Old Friend: Has known Eloïse's grandmother for a long time.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Whenever one of her students is in trouble, she's willing to listen and support them if she feels they aren't at fault.
- Stern Teacher: She might be rather strict but she's not unreasonable.
- Cool Teacher: Not as strict as Miss Adelaide and very willing to help the students when they need him
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Everyone just calls him Coach, or by his nickname Chrono.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He's very willing to listen to Tag and his friends and he's one of the first adults to fully support their Street Football activities.
- Demoted to Extra: After his exposure alongside Ben's, he sort of just becomes part of the background.
- Dirty Coward: The reason Eloïse became the goalkeeper was due to him fleeing the street football match in fear of being caught by the police.
- Easily Forgiven: Despite helping Ben frame Tag for injuring another player, Tag was willing to let him off the hook. Since he no longer did anything to antagonize Tag or the Bleus, Tag had a point.
- Small Role, Big Impact: Him losing his ball to Bulldog and Cartoon are what put Tag, Gabriel and the eventual Rifflers into contact with the world of street football, essentially setting up everything that came afterwards.
Mayor Roger Maroni
- Dark Secret: That in his youth he stole cars.
- The Heavy: For most of season 1, he's there to make things difficult for the protagonists.
- Mean Boss: Constantly belittling and bossing around Officer Pradet.
- Sleazy Politician: He's the Mayor of Port Marie and his first and foremost priority is himself, and he's not afraid of using the city's resources for his personal benefit.
Officer Emiliano Pradet
- HeelFace Turn: At the end of season 1 he comes to accept and even enjoy street football, going so far as to question the Mayor's orders.
- I Call It "Vera": Seems to be too overly fond of his patrol car.
- Punch-Clock Villain: He really is just doing his job and following Maroni's orders, and even comes around and helps finish the first Street Football Cup.
- HeelFace Turn: Changes his mind about Street Football and even becomes the President of the Rifflers Fan Club.
- Jerkass Has a Point: He wasn't wrong at being angry with the kids playing football near his business, since they were being disturbing and could've caused damage.
- Morality Pet: His dog Marcel, which actually helps him change his mind about football.
- Overprotective Dad: More like Overprotective Dog Owner.
- Those Two Guys: After his HeelFace Turn, he and Mr. Saleem are usually seen together.
- HeelFace Turn: Like Albert he changes his mind about street football and becomes one of their biggest supporters.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Considering the kids' antics could have gotten him injured or worse, he was right about calling the police on them.
- Those Two Guys: After his HeelFace Turn, he and Mr. Albert are usually seen together.
- Fat Bitch: She's very heavyset and takes the longest to accept street football.
- Blondes Are Evil: Has pale blonde hair and while not really evil, he's a huge jerk.
- Easily Forgiven: Tag is surprisingly quick to forgive him for everything he had done. To be fair, Tag did understand Ben's home circumstances and thought it was more important to have his support.
- Frame-Up: He and Tony tried to frame Tag for injuring another player, but Gabriel exposed the truth.
- Freudian Excuse: All but spelled out that a lot of his jerkish behavior is due to his dysfunctional home life.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a scar over his left eye and he's not trustworthy.
- HeelFace Turn: He becomes much nicer after Tag invites him to briefly replace Gabriel during the match against Australia.
- Those Two Bad Guys: Has this dynamic with Tony for most of season 1.
- Token Evil Teammate: Of the five team captains of Port Marie, he's the only one who downright refused to consider allowing the Rifflers to join them.