This page covers the NPCs featured in the various Disciple of the Land questlines. For the Disciple of the Land classes themselves, see The Warrior of Light.
As the story has advanced beyond the point of hiding plot twists, there are unmarked spoilers below, you have been warned.
Guildmaster of the Miners' Guild.
- Deceptive Disciple: Deep Canyon believes her to be this, slandering him so that she would inherit the guild instead of him. However, this is far from the truth, quite the opposite in fact.
- Self-Made Woman: Not many Ala Mhigan refugees get to the kind of position she has in Ul'dah.
- Sweet Tooth: Says herself she's "fond of the odd sweet or three".
- Becoming the Boast: A variant, his father has been tampering with records to inflate his accomplishments, so rather than let such lies stand he does everything he can to achieve the feats his father made up on his behalf. This does not work out well.
- Break the Haughty: After losing to the player character three times as well as his father's tampering the record books to inflate his accomplishments to a point he can't keep up with. Even referring himself as Brass - Pretty to behold, but worth little.
- Everyone Has Standards: He cannot condone his father tampering with the records to raise his standing to the point where he frantically tries to legitimize them. In fact, he is the one who turns him in.
- Generation Xerox: Seems to resent the Player Character as much as his father resents Aldalberta. He comes around.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Starts as antagonistic towards the player, but not even he can allow his father tampering with the guild records.
- The Rival: At first, but then sees the player as a...
- Laser-Guided Karma: His tampering of the guild records, out of misguided revenge towards Adalberta, is what nearly costs him his job.
- Poor Communication Kills: Believed that Adalberta spoke to the previous Guildmaster to discredit him when in actuality she was speaking against herself inheriting the guild.
- Revenge by Proxy: Deep Canyon wants Wide Gulley to inherit the guild after ruining Adalberta's reputation. Then the player's character comes along and starts out-performing him...
- The Resenter: Towards Adalberta, who he believes conspired against him to inherit the guild for herself.
- A Father to His Men: He wants to help raise the standing for his group and give them all a better life, but he's careful to always keep everyone's safety in mind, even if they have to trek deep into hostile territory.
- The Nicknamer: Assigns one to everyone under his command. Including you. Since you're the actual mining specialist of the group, he decides Professor is a suitable title.
- Rugged Scar: Several are visible on his face, likely the result of many years of mercenary work.
- Dark Secret: He was originally a member of the Illuminati, but left once their methods became fanatical and xenophobic.
- Only Sane Man: Often has to provide a middle ground solution when his colleagues disagree on how the Gobroller should be built. When one says the controls should be built for the average Eorzean, and the other believes they should be sized for Goblins, Stickqix offers up the suggestion to make the controls adjustable.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: He's learned to speak the common tongue fluently, though he lapses back into Goblin Buffy Speak when he gets agitated.
- Poor Communication Kills: Inverted. Him leaving without informing his colleagues of where he's going inspires them to finally stop infighting and finish the Gobroller.
The master of the Botanist's guild.
- Actual Pacifist: Fufucha despises warfare. This causes her no end of turmoil as so many orders from her guild are supplies to be used in Gridania's continuous conflict with the Ixal.
The leader of the Fisherman's guild.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Truly, you'd become weary watching for a window where one of his worldly weavings of wordplay wasn't like this.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: He undoubtedly has the talent required of a Guildmaster, but is far too busy spending his days fishing and womanizing to bother with actually running the guild.
- Obsessed with Food: The only thing he knows more about than fish is all the delicious ways that they can be prepared for dinner.