A Proud Warrior Race, recognizable by their facial tentacles, who apparently have a tradition of mercenarism.
- Badass Preacher: The Luxans have an entire class of priests called Oricans, most of whom are revered among the general populace for their abilities. Given that just one of them almost aged Moya to death without even getting within firing range, without even realizing she was doing it, the reverence is pretty damn justified.
- Beard of Barbarism: Made of hair and tentacles.
- Blood Knight: Luxans often edge into this territory, and just love to fight (see Proud Warrior Race Guy).
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Males suffer this in the form of Hyper-rage, which is exactly what it sounds like. Falling into it in public is extremely shameful despite their warrior culture, and getting married before learning to control it is a major taboo. That D'argo is still susceptible to them at the beginning of the series is a sign that he is very young and emotionally immature by Luxan standards.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: They aren't above diplomacy, though. They tend towards the Proud Soldier Race variant of the trope; the fighters may enjoy their work, but they are one of the most disciplined and professional forces shown in the series (of course, that doesn't mean there's not some Luxans that edge into outright Blood Knight. One of Jothee's troops during Peacekeeper Wars remarks that as Kleeva Jothee is the only one there to think, the rest of them just love to fight). Those that don't enjoy it enough to make it their whole life just run their mandatory tour of duty and retire to civilian life, as Dargo was trying to do in his backstory.
- Religion Is Magic: In contrast to Delvian Enlightenment Superpowers, the Luxan Oricans actually perform magic in their duties. Apparently, this is one of the reasons why D'Argo treads carefully around supernatural beings like Maldis or the Delvian Pa'us, given the amount of power just one Orican can wield.
- Rubber-Forehead Aliens: A pretty impressive prosthetic, but still qualifies as Rubber Forehead.
D'Argo's long-lost son, who has deep issues relating to his mixed ancestry, his mother's death, his separation from his father, and... well, you name it.
- Beard of Barbarism: Grows one in time for Peacekeeper Wars, after becoming reconciled to his father's culture.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Jothee bears a deep scar across his nose, and most of his head-tentacles have been mutilated. "Die Me Dichotomy" revealed that these were actually self-inflicted. He's had the tentacles healed by the miniseries.
- Half Sebacean Hybrid
- Mark of Shame: After finding out that Jothee was having an affair with Chiana, D'Argo branded him with one of the union tattoos he'd intended for himself and Chiana- and destroyed the other tattoo so that Chiana couldn't mark herself with its twin.
- Only Sane Employee: When he joins the Luxan military this is explicitly the job of his rank. As his sergeant puts it, "The rest of us just like to fight."
A Luxan commando under the command of Kleeva Ka Jothee during the time of the Peacekeeper/Scarran War.
A powerful and ancient Luxan Orican.
A special Luxan ambassador.