open/close all folders
Race: Human/ JoonThe protagonist of Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul. He wakes up on an unknown land, with a metal knife in his hand and no memory. He wishes to find out who he really is. In fact, he is At-Zako, a young Joon hunted by the Curse.
- Anti-Hero: Zak has nothing against killing innocent people, such as slaves and miners.
- Back Stab: He has to take out lots of enemies this way. Backstab is his initial skill.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: He can become either of these or all three combined.
- Distressed Dude: Zak gets captured twice by the Khadaganians, and must be rescued (first by the Hermit Lizard, later by the Odalisque).
- I Have Many Names: Zak, the Chosen, young man, Brother Blondie, At-Zako.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: He remembers only four things about himself: he's not from Gipath, there is someone he loves, his name is Zak or something like that, and he has to do something.
- Tomato in the Mirror: It's eventually revealed that Zak's identity is that of the mysterious Joon he's been looking for during the Suslanger arc.
- The Chosen One: He becomes this to the villagers...
- The Unchosen One: ...however, that was a coincidence. But he becomes the village's hero anyway.
Erfar the Silvertongue
Race: HumanThe village's Elder, who gives Zak several quests. In fact, he's a Khadaganian spy looking for the meteorite on Gipath.
- Anticlimax Boss: He dies after one hit and has only one coin on his body.
- Bald of Evil
- The Bus Came Back: Disappeared after escaping from the village. Came back at the end of the Suslanger arc.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: He betrays Zak twice.
- Fat Bastard: Has a large belly.
- Mole in Charge: He's the village's Elder.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: It's obvious for the player that Brother Faceless is Erfar after hearing his voice.
- Talker and Doer: He is the Talker, Gort is the Doer.
- Walking Spoiler: It's difficult to talk about him without revealing his part in the story.
Babur the Tightfist
Race: HumanThe village's greedy Craftsman.
Gort the Skullcrusher
Race: HumanThe village's Captain.
- An Axe to Grind: He wields a large axe.
- The Dragon: He is one to Erfar.
- Dumb Muscle: He's much dumber than Zak, Erfar and Babur.
- Hidden Depths: Despite being dumb, he can at least write letters in the Orc language.
- Luke Nounverber
- Too Dumb to Live: Perhaps if Gort had told Zak about Erfar's involvement instead of just running away, Zak would have spared him.
Khador the Rowdy
Race: HumanThe village's warrior. Zak can take him as a companion.
Race: GoblinThe Goblin Chief.
Race: HumanThe witch that lives on Gipath and helps Zak.
Airy the Stubborn
Race: HumanEstera's granddaughter
Naya the Secretive
Race: HumanEstera's apprentice and Zak's possible companion
Rivar the Hulk
Race: HumanThe strong villager that becomes the village's Captain after Gort's betrayal. After Zak left Gipath, he became the next Elder.
- Dumb Muscle: That's a possible reason why Erfar made him a new Captain.
- It Runs in the Family: All men in Rivar's family were very strong due to some family secret. Rivar gives this gift to Zak as well.
- Klingon Promotion: Sort of. Rivar became the Elder after his predecessor turned out to be a traitor and escaped.
- Martial Pacifist: He's very strong, but he doesn't like fighting.
- Undying Loyalty: To Zak.
Rint the Archer
Race: HumanThe village's best archer and Zak's potential companion.
Race: DragonThe owner of the Dead City.
- Appeal to Tradition: The dragon spared Zak only because he follows some traditions.
- Dragons Prefer Princesses: One of his traditional challenges includes saving a girl. However, when Zak arrived, there were no girls in the Dead City.
- Lazy Dragons: He commands his skeletons and never rushes into action himself.
- Really 700 Years Old: He is extremely old.