The Middle Ages
A naive but good-hearted peasant girl who becomes Ash's lover in the 14th century.
- Beauty Equals Goodness: Shelia's transformation from human to Deadite is marked by a pale, mottled complexion, bloodshot, sunken eyes, and frizzy hair. (Naturally, her radiant beauty returns the instant she goes back to normal.)Evil Sheila: You found me beautiful once.Ash: Honey, you got real ugly.
- Although compared to others who turned into Deadites, she got off rather light.
- Morality Pet: It's her abduction that convinces Ash to stay and fight.
- Nice Girl: Well, except for that part where she blamed Ash for her brother's death and beamed him with a rock.
- Rape as Drama: She's transformed into a Deadite after being assaulted by Evil Ash.
- I Gave My Word: Even when Ash refuses to stay and fight, Arthur says they will honor their end of the bargain."We are men of our word."
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He doesn't have much of a sense of humor (especially where Ash is concerned), and is always quick to assume the worst. However, it's clear he cares very much about his people and keeping them safe.
Duke Henry the Red
Lord Arthur's foe. Ash later calls upon him to help battle the Deadites.
- Anti-Villain: Type IV if he is to be considered a villain at all.
- Badass Beard: Colored red like his name.
- The Cavalry: Henry leads his army in a charge against the Deadites when they've overrun Arthur's men.
- Gondor Calls for Aid: Having befriended Henry at the beginning, Ash opine that they should call him in for the final battle.