A list of characters in Everything Gaiden v2. Now with folders!
Kyle JohnsonA magic man/inventor/Meth cooker.
KeithA quarian with the unlikely class of Vanguard.
- Powered by a Forsaken Child: His runesword.
Ellen Sheila Callahan
- Emergency Transformation: Had her mind transferred into her current body after a stray bullet mortally wounded her.
- Gradual Grinder: Her combat style focuses on building up status defect counters on enemies.
- Limit Break: Bodies Upon the Gears, and Zero Day.
- Stealth Pun: Ellen is a near-literal clockwork orange.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Other characters seem to not notice that she is a clockwork citrus. Zigzagged, as two characters HAVE noticed she is a clockwork citrus.
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters: Briefly discussed.Ellen: Yeah and I could be construed as a terrorist; let's not worry too much on the details, shall we?
- Attack Reflector
- Counter Attack: The only ability he has.
- Crystal Dragon Jesus: Or in his religion's case, Queen Bee-God.
- Fish out of Temporal Water
- Stone Wall: He can't even attack unless to counter.
- Badass Adorable
- Genki Girl : This is the intent of how her personality is.
- Shock and Awe: Is capable of at least a low-grade version of it, at least.
- Technopath : Her main power.
Lizzie WhitmireA young girl with dark hair, dark purple eyes, and a dark personality, taking a liking to death. She wears an eyepatch which conceals a mark of her magic powers, known as the 'Stigma of Undeath'.
- Perpetual Frowner: She has never smiled before.
- The Quiet One: Tends to avoid interaction, except when talking to Rex the Skull, her lifelong companion.
Rex the Skull
MeowA cat-like alien known as a Betelgeusian. He is specially skilled in the field of technomancy, and uses his tablet as a catalyst for his magic.
- Badass Adorable
- Gadgeteer Genius: He can build a hoverboard in only a few seconds, with the proper specs of course.
- Captain Ersatz: Eldon was supposed to be exactly Eren Jaeger before the GM decided to change his name around a little.
Annabelle W. Holbech
- Badass Normal: While she's not quite normal, her impressive strength does not protect her from bullets, which leads to her carrying a considerable arsenal and knowing how to use it. She still packs a mean right hook.
- BFG: Her twin pistols, Bonnie and Clyde.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Appears to be a product of The Roaring '20s.
- I Call It "Vera": In addition to the shotpistols, she has a revolver named Tommy and a double-barreled shotgun named Clara.
- Private Detective: Not above accepting jobs from the Time-Space Administration Bureau, though.
- Private Eye Monologue: Gave a decent (textual) one when Gaston showed up in her office, complete with appropriate WWI-era simile. Then Gaston revealed that he only came there to offer her food. She was not amused.Miranda (narration): Hell's bells.
The owner of Club 404, a sentient nightmare and also a professional psychologist.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Literally, she defended herself, Ori and Dany in the TSAB trial, although it wasn't a particularly aggressive or difficult defense.
- Don't Fear the Reaper: Despite being a sentient nightmare, Marie is pretty chill.
- Eldritch Abomination: If her four-dimensional dance club/bar is any indication.
- When she signed Luke's book, her signature came to life and soon began teasing him about not going for Risa.
- Psychologist Who Doesn't Do Anything: Zigzagged. Her psychiatry business is indeed nonexistent, as it's dubious anyone would use it. However, her DJ status is alive and well.
- Boisterous Bruiser: If you count her flirting and hot-bloodedness as 'boisterous', anyways. She's most certainly a bruiser: her Special Attack is 0 because she can't use her magic on anything but herself, instead shapeshifting into something physically powerful.
- Cute Bruiser: While she's not quite as dangerous in her normal form, she's still remarkably handy in a fight.
- Hot-Blooded: Had quite a moment when she prevented Miranda from taking Dany into custody just because they got along well after meeting 15 minutes ago.
- Running Gag: She really is wearing pants.
- Shapeshifting Seducer: But of course!
- You Gotta Have Light Blue Hair: Probably not her natural color.
Sarah "Lotus" OctaviaA professor of mathematics and software engineering at a magitech university. With about four different strong magical bloodlines, she has four sets of wings, each giving her different abilities at that moment. Her sets are raven, succubus, faerie, and...some kind of machine creature?
- Heroic Bystander: Forced into this role by her daughter, Titan, after they took too long gawking at Lorenzo being beat up.
- Mama Bear: Despite her best efforts to act like a 'reasonable and mature adult', Sarah does not take it well when Lorenzo compares her adopted daughter to a 'half-blooded freak'.This garners him so little sympathy one might think he had somehow overflowed the sympathy and wrapped it around to negative infinity.Sarah: "...Were you not so badly injured, I'd probably end up punching you for calling my daughter that right after she saved your life. "
- Overshadowed by Awesome: This is how she is in her canon. Her ability is unique and interesting, but compared to the other teachers and some of her students she's not that powerful.
- Power Gives You Wings: More like Wings Give You Power. By the standards of her world, her abilities are fairly lacking otherwise.
- Technopath: The machine wings give her this ability, as well as the ability to summon and interact with anthropomorphic manifestations of machines. It's almost certainly her main ability.
TitanAn anthropomorphic manifestation of a 'multi-teraflop' supercomputer, created and adopted by Sarah.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: She runs entirely on it, observing magic and other 'special' stuff and then recreating it herself, often better. Perhaps unsurprising, given her origin.
- Badass Adorable
- For Science!: This phrase is the first part of her personality on the character sheet.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Despite her small stature, low strength, and generally being as unheroic as her mother, she was the one who convinced Sarah to fight instead of running away, thus probably saving Lorenzo's life.
- One Steve Limit / One Mario Limit: Confusingly averted. Not to be confused with the real-world Titan supercomputer, the giant naked killers from Attack on Titan, the greek Titans, Saturn's moon Titan, the creators of Azeroth...
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: "Running cached spell(s)...."
Reina "Yuusha-chan" RyukiA former near-future U.S Army sniper, now a sergeant in the TSAB.
- Awesome, but Impractical: The AEC-7 Caliburn, which requires express permission to fire and is a minaturized version of TSAB Dimensional Navy ship artillery.
- BFG: She has two, the Yumiko Railgun and the AEC-7 Caliburn.
- Friendly Sniper
- I Call It "Vera": Every single one of her guns, except the AEC-7 Caliburn.
- Mundane Utility: She's used her Device to, among other things, present paperwork and call up her superiors.
- Swiss Army Weapon: Her Armed Device, Yumi, either summons or turns into all of her weapons. In addition, the non-BFG ones can switch between magic and physical shots. Her pistol, Youkai, can even sport a magical bayonet of sorts.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Yumiko, based on her old army-issue experimental railgun. All of the guns have inherent Attack values. Yumiko's is:Attack: This is gonna kill you.
- Ill Girl
- Non-Action Guy: Seems to be this.
- Ordinary High-School Student
- Shrinking Violet
- Squishy Wizard: Has a Special Attack score of 50. Subverted; Fuuka has no abilities to use with it.
- She fits more as she has acquired a Persona.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Cheru DaloA Domovoi, a canine house spirit, from the world of Bizarre Slime. He possesses the ability of Presdigitation, the ability to pull small objects from thin air.
- Battle Butler
- Berserk Button: Liars. Definitely liars. Specifically, people who think they can get away with lying to a canine house spirit.
- To an extent, mistreating servants.
- Brutal Honesty
- Heroic Neutral
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Presdigtation allows him to pull small objects from thin air. He can pull journals, flutes, knives or guns, but prefers to pull out flutes or knives.
- Hyper-Competent Sidekick
- Knife Nut: He likes to pull these out using his magic.
- Living Lie Detector
- Punch-Clock Hero:Marie: "Does that mean I can also pay you to snark?"Cheru: "Do I not already offer that in my package?"
- Reality Warper: Presdigitation.
- Servile Snarker
- Terse Talker
None LiiraA Nekomata from the world of Bizarre Slime.
- Archer Archetype
- Cat Girl
- Expy: Her player loves using Yukari expies.
- Healing Hands
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Her name is pronounced 'no-neh lay-ra', not 'nun lee-ra'.
- Magic Music
- No Pronunciation Guide: Her name, again.
Eina WeissThe Baroness of Ladona, a small, snowbound fief.
- An Ice Person
- Expy: Of Elsa and Weiss.
- Functional Magic: Uses an Inherent Gift (her ice powers) and Rule Magic (glyphs).
- Instant Runes: Her Glyphs.
- Limit Break: Blizzard.
- Mystical White Hair
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- Trap Master: Ice Ball, Glyph: Stop and Ice Spike all impede or stop enemy movement.
- Squishy Wizard
Gaston PierrotA Loirean noble, known as the Count of Avriogne and a member of House Pierrot. Gaston is a swordmage, a skilled duelist who utilises magic to supplement their swordplay.
- Armor-Piercing Attack: Piercing Thrust not only shatters through armor, but keeps it broken for other allies.
- Blade Spam: Blade Dance.
- Counter Attack: The aptly named Counterattack.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Loirea is this to France; specifically, a vague mixture of medieval and renaissance France with a bit of Steam Punk in the mix.
- Foil: Unintentionally, to Lorenzo. They are both the current heirs to a prestigious house (Mackenzie / Pierrot), both devoted to their art (magic / fencing) and fairly competent mages. They both have younger, non-magically endowed siblings (Luke / Antoinette), who are in one area stronger than them (survival / fencing) and both have pride in their name. However, their attitudes to the lower class (Muggles / commoners) are different; Lorenzo treats them with distaste, while Gaston treats them with respect, and their fighting style is different; Lorenzo uses magic to fight more, while Gaston uses his duelling skills more.
- Fragile Speedster: At least half his moveset revolves around evading or diverting damage. He also has a fairly high Agility/Dexterity score....used to dodge or parry attacks.
- Functional Magic: Device Magic.
- I Call It "Vera": His rapier, 'Sapphira' and his main gauche 'Antoinette'.
- Implausible Fencing Powers: Counterattack can render the next attack or ability to hit Gaston useless and Blade Dance can render him untargetable, among other things.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Oh, definitely. He fits this more than the actual knight in the cast. He DEFINITELY disapproves of Lorenzo's shenanigans.
- Limit Break: Blade Dance.
- Magic Knight: Most of his attacks rely on using magic and his duelling skills in tandem.
- Master Swordsman
- Renaissance Man: Literally.
- Royal Rapier
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- Supreme Chef
- Badass Adorable: She's an Idol Singer who happens to be a trick shot with her twin laser pistols.
- Badass Normal: Like Jim, she has no Special Attack and no abilities.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Guns Akimbo: Not an Idol Singer you want to piss off.
- Expy: Of Rise. Her player loves using Persona expies. Her name is barely one letter away, too!
- Lethal Chef: Like her inspiration, she can cook well, but uses a lot of spicy ingredients. Luke and Eldon, however, love her cooking.
- Idol Singer: Her original job.
- Nice Girl
- The Gunslinger
Andon SigmusA wanderer from an unknown world. He is one of the last known possessors of a 'Schmerzgeist', a spectral entity made from their owner's pain, which he can command and control using aspects of his own psychological issues.
- Enemy Without: His Schmerzgeist. It is an entity made from his repressed pain. Zigzagged; he can manipulate and control it, as opposed to most other versions.
- Stance System: His mental issues provide various 'bonuses' to the Geist:
- Unstoppable Rage / Playing with Fire: Aspect: Wrath is based off of his wrathful urges and is empowered with flaming attacks.
- Yandere / You Will Not Evade Me: Aspect: Obsession is based off of his obsessive urges and has several abilities allowing it to latch to enemies and damage them.
- Ax-Crazy / Insane Equals Violent: Aspect: Delirium is based off of his psychotic urges and inflicts rending wounds, hitting incredibly hard and quickly.
- Angst / Life Drain: Aspect: Sorrow is based off of his depression and heals Andon for a percentage of the damage it deals.
- Gratuitous German: Schmerzgeist means roughly 'pain-ghost'.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: All of his stats are at 20. Averted with his Schmerzgeist, which lacks defense scores (due to being untargetable) and has most of its points in Physical/Special Attack.
- Reluctant Psycho: Knows his issues are bad, hence why his Schmerzgeist is so potent. He simultaneously finds it useful and hates it.
- Walking the Earth: What he used to do before being thrown into the game's universe.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Dany's sketch had him mistaken for a girl several times outside Gaiden.
- Horny Devils: Is an incubus, though he usually does his best to hide it. It's not entirely clear what that entails- he does have incubus-like abilities (that he dislikes using), but appears to eat and breathe and otherwise live like any other 'normal' person.
- Insistent Terminology: He's a priest, not a thief! Honest!
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": His name is pronounced Day-nee
- Non-Action Guy: Dany's entire build revolves on him escaping from any fight.
- BFG: Haruka-chan is armed with a Massive Laser Cannon.
- Fun with Acronyms: HARUKACHAN is apparently short for Hans And Reynolds Underwood Kitchen Appliances Computerized Highspeed Adbot Navigator.
- Hammerspace: Haruka-chan manages to somehow stow her BFG in her pocket.
- Mundane Utility: Haruka-chan is a powerful combat android whose main job is breaking into places to pitch sales of bargain kitchens.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: For a type of robot that is just designed to sell goods and destroy firewalls, Haruka-chan acts pretty human.
- Robot Girl
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Hippasus is an n-dimensional hypercube that can switch their dimensions around at will, while usually taking on the shape of a green floating cube.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Hippasus is named Hippasus, a student to Pythagoras and the founder of the mathēmatikoi sect.
- No Biological Sex: Hippasus is sometimes referred to as a he, however.
- Sufficiently Advanced Alien: Hippasus' race apparently do not use magic, but they can shoot lasers and generally mess with reality.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: He analyzes other people's weaknesses and uses them to his advantage. This is shown when he fought a titan, where he exploded titan's legs to make it more of a vulnerable target. Also, he has habits of analyzing the heck out of other people.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Maligned Mixed Marriage: Was produced from one of these.
- The Magnificent: Known by the name JollyGent.
- Magnificent Bastard: To keep his Jerkass brother Lorenzo Mckenzie from causing trouble in Marie's bar and possibly getting killed, he binded himself in a dark alley and fooled his brother to switch his body with him so that Luke would be in Lorenzo's body to ensure that he didn't cause any trouble, and on top of that, he was very good at acting and Marie and Cheru wouldn't have noticed if they didn't have powers that tipped them off (Cheru smelling it somehow and Marie being able to notice when an entire mind was swapped), and just in case someone unbound Lorenzo in Luke's body, Luke created a one-use circuit to tazer Lorenzo if he somehow stood up. On the other hand, this last part was easily defeated by Sarah re-activating the circuit to wake him back up.
- Manipulative Bastard: Luke developed this ability in order to survive. He managed to get data out of Risa without her knowing.
- Parental Abandonment
- Stealth Pun: The pen truly is mightier than the sword. He even refers to his pen as a gentleman's sword.
- Sherlock Scan: He deduces other people's identity and professions simply by observation.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Coke, apparently.
Lorenzo MackenzieThe full blooded brother of Luke and the head of the Mackenzie clan.
- Asshole Victim: After getting into a fight with some thugs and losing (in no small part due to being weak and malnourished), he found himself saved by Sarah and Titan. He soon managed to make them regret saving his life.
- Break the Haughty: Has been broken somewhat, but remains fairly haughty.
- Casting a Shadow
- Fantastic Racism
- Freudian Excuse: It's revealed that because of how powerful Luke's abilities were, Lorenzo apparently did not fare so well in the eyes of his family. Titan suggests this is subverted, believing that it was the personal conflict between the two that made their family choose one over ther other.
- Foil: Unintentionally, to Gaston. They are both the current heirs to a prestigious house (Mackenzie / Pierrot), both devoted to their art (magic / fencing) and fairly competent mages. They both have younger, non-magically endowed siblings (Luke / Antoinette), who are in one area stronger than them (survival / fencing) and both have pride in their name. However, their attitudes to the lower class (Muggles / commoners) are different; Lorenzo treats them with distaste, while Gaston treats them with respect, and their fighting style is different; Lorenzo uses magic to fight more, while Gaston uses his duelling skills more.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Hates humans and upholds mages as a superior race.
MemeRanger Cado's trademark cutesy 3-year-old catgirl.
PA Ja K-U
Jim "Gentleman" Harrison
- Badass Normal: Has no abilities and a low Special Attack score.
- Super Soldier: Genetically engineered.
- Armor and Magic Don't Mix: Averted completely.
- Armor-Piercing Attack: Point-Blank nullifies any defensive bonuses armor possesses, both during and after use.
- Black Magic: Soul Tempest and Lure call upon the power of an eldritch, occasionally omnicidal deity.
- Despite this, it doesn't play into the usual costs and effects, not to mention that there is no taboo against it either.
- Bow and Sword, in Accord: Slightly deviated in that it is the swordsman archetype not the archer archetype that dominates.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: Averted. He's no worse off for using Sumizome's power, nor is anyone else who does so.
- Functional Magic
- Heart Beat-Down: Soul Tempest, seeing as the aforementioned omnicidal deity is also associated with, of all things, love.
- Rather common in his world, seeing as another spell LITERALLY garrotes people with the red string.
- Holy Hand Grenade: Dead Fusion is associated with the deity associated with morality and light. Said spell produces a small thermonuclear explosion.
- Holy Is Not Safe: seeing as it often involves thermonuclear reactions, poison or radiation.
- Magic Knight: Uses heavily enchanted equipment and possesses an arsenal of various spells in addition to using armor and a longsword.
- Mighty Glacier: Balanced in all offensive and defensive stats but possessing low Dexterity/Agility, plus the only two options he has for dealing direct damage at range are his bow, and Dead Fusion which is more costly at longer ranges.
- Nuclear Option: Zig-zagged. Thermonuclear attacks are not uncommon in his world on the infantry scale. However, actual nukes are theoretical only as their deployment is unjustifiable, not only because of the damage to the landscape, but also because even regular infantry are expected to be able to survive one and continue fighting.
- Post-Modern Magik: For starters, the closest thing Folr's world has to a sun god is also associated with radiation and nuclear reactions.
- Powered Armor
- The Red Mage: Wields all four types of Second Order Magic, apparently it's the norm in Folr's world.
- Sufficiently Analyzed Magic
The Patrons of Club 404A bunch of Twi-run NPCs who frequent Club 404.
AliciaA grey-skinned immortal who takes mercenary jobs to pay the bills. May or may not be a Darknut.
- BFS: Has one, though she usually carries around a more sane sword.
Shiro and MomokoA hard-drinking Japanese couple.
Those Two Guys (and their girl)A dragonborn construction worker, a Worgen trucker (!), and a dryad who works in customer service.
Akira HamachiAn Aradine University graduate and a knight. Nora's best friend.
Nora IgnisAn Aradine University graduate, and an only mildly crazy ghost.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Possesses an artificial body.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Akira.
- Playing with Fire
- Shrinking Violet: When not in pyromaniac mode.