Evenicle, a game by AliceSoft, features a relatively wide cast of colorful characters, and their adventures in a fantasy world created by the Mother Eve, the Goddess who created the world and spawned a worldwide religion with her blessings. She then gave two rules to follow: Any given person may only ever have one sexual partner, and killing another human being is forbidden. When two people fall in love and enter in a relationship, they are given a shining ring, symbolizing their union. But should any of them happen to have more than one partner, or engage in murder, they are branded "Outlaws" and their ring turns into black, making them criminals to their country and forced to run away.
To take care of them, each country have its own army made of their strongest soldiers, named Knights. They are the only people allowed to have multiple partners at once, in order to give birth and pass down their superior genes. Consequently, becoming a Knight is the main objective of the Magic Warrior Asterisk, main protagonist of the game.
TioOne of the candidates running for the presidency of Lancelot. She's against the destruction of the old castle in the desert, whom Bors accuses of causing the water pollution. She's also the middleman of Aster regarding his secret mission in Lancelot.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Makes a deal with Rochefort in order to ensure her win against Bors. See more in My God, What Have I Done? below.
- Landslide Election: After the death of Bors and Rochefort, she ends up being the only candidate remaining and is elected as the new president by default, even though she was relunctant to accept it until persuaded by her supporters.
- My God, What Have I Done?: She quickly regrets it once it became clear that Rochefort was up to no good from the start.
PalomidesThe assistant of Tio in her presidential campaign. He was also the assistant of the candidate Bors during the previous election, but quit his functions after seeing his true intentions.
BorsOne of the candidates running for the presidency of Lancelot. To fix the water pollution of Lancelot, he intends to destroy the old castle in the desert, accusing it to be behind the water pollution. In fact, it is a masquerade: It was caused by the overexploitation of the water in the lake, making an excuse for Bors to get public funds.
King BenThe current King of El Quixote, behind the recent remilitarization of the country. Like all kings before him, he protects the citizens from the Monster Burrow, a large cave where monsters spawns non-stop. He once was contacted by Snake Crest, but turned them down.
- Based on a Great Big Lie: The Monster Burrow doesn't actually exists: Due to a misunderstanding of the Knight El Quixote, it was believed that an empty cave with strong gusts of winds was the nest of countless monsters.
PanchoA Knight working for El Quixote, and the nephew of the King. Despite his threatening looks, he's actually a nice and good person to be around. He is the closest relative to the King, who even considers him for the throne more than his own children.
RocinanteThe CEO of the Bigbux Company, which helped the country in times of need due to the everyday threat of the Monster Burrow.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Plans to take control of El Quixote as a whole with his large influence and some help from Snake Crest.
- Dastardly Whiplash