Scorch's older brother and the head of mission control at BASA.
- Badass Boast: "In a galaxy filled with nerds, I'm their king."
- Big Brother Instinct: Despite all the crap he had to put up with Scorch, Gary will do anything for his little brother's safety.
- Classical Anti-Hero: He's scrawny and thought to be coward by his own brother. He manages to mature out of this.
- Geek Physiques
- Nice Guy: A lot more humble and sensitive than his brother.
- "Well Done, Dad!" Guy: Gary desperately wants Kip to look up to him and is saddened by how his son looks up to Scorch.
Gary's younger brother who is an arrogant but benevolent space pilot.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: With a name like Scorch Supernova, you can't help but expect awesomeness.
- Big Little Brother: He's the younger of the two brothers, but is taller and broader than Gary, leading many to assume he's the oldest.
- Catchphrase: "Scorch me, baby!"
- Chick Magnet: Implied. A line from Gabby indicates that a number of women are attracted to Scorch.
- Cool Uncle: To his nephew, Kip. He dedicated Earth to him.
- Dumb Muscle: Scorch may have the strength, agility, and courage, but he lacks the focus and rationality.
- Friend to All Children: His scene with Baab babies and relationship with Kip solidifies him as one.
- Living Legend: Given the statue of gold built in his honor.
Gary's wife and Kip's mother.
- Action Mom: Kira has not lost her edge after becoming a mother.
- Nice Girl: The least snarky one in the cast and commentary states she wants to fix the pain that's happened in her family.
- Retired Badass: Kira retired from BASA so she could focus on being a mother. But, don't underestimate her.
Gary and Kira's adventurous son and Scorch's nephew.
A mouse-like alien who Gary befriends and weds Scorch and Gabby at their wedding. He hosted a radio show on his planet that got so famous that he invented the social networking service.
- Deadpan Snarker: The most sarcastic in the movie, second only to Gary.
- Hates Being Touched: He reacts badly when Scorch strokes him like a pet.
- Meaningful Name: Doc is a radio talk show therapist.
- Miles Gloriosus: He likes to act like he's brave and unshakeable, but often runs and hides when trouble comes.
A 3-eyed slug-like alien with 4 arms who Gary befriends and becomes his cellmate at Area 51. He was a professor on his planet where he had invented touchscreen technology.
A giant cyclops-like alien with anger management issues who Gary befriends. She worked as a librarian on her planet until she got so mad at looking up stuff for her kind that she invented the web search engine.
An anchorwoman on Baab and Scorch's girlfriend.
BASA's no-nonsense chief.
The villainous head of Area 51.
- Alliterative Name
- Bald of Evil: Which he covers with a wig when he talks with Lena.
- Big Bad
- Disproportionate Retribution: He wants to wipe out all aliens because the grays accidentally crashed their flying saucer on his father.
- Fantastic Racism: He despises all aliens.
- Freudian Excuse: See Disproportionate Retribution above.
- Manipulative Bastard: He feigns romantic interest in Lena so she will send him Scorch (unwittingly carrying the flubonium Shanker needs for his weapon).
- Strong Family Resemblance: To his father.