Anne Maria is style-obsessed teen with a fake tan and hair that's strong as steel.
- Ambiguously Orange: It's hard to tell if she is intended to be Italian Canadian or Hispanic Canadian (or possibly a mix of both, like her real-life inspiration).
- Anime Hair: It's long, it's thick, it may be a deep purple and due to consistent applying of hairspray, it constantly stays up, and it's almost indestructible.
- Berserk Button: Don't insult her looks, take away her styling products, or touch her hair.
- Book Dumb: She admits that she's no algebra expert in "Finders Creepers".
- Brainless Beauty: Brainless? Yes. Beauty? In her (and Vito's) opinion, at least.
- Gainaxing: Though it's very subtle.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: (Pun not intended) She tends to get angered quickly, especially if any her aforementioned Berserk Buttons are pressed. She also tends to threaten to beat down whomever made her mad.
- Hartman Hips: More noticeable than most Total Drama girls, as her hips are massive.
- Improbable Weapon User:
- She used her spray-tan against Dakota and Staci.
- Her hair is thick and solid from all the primping and hairspray that solid objects just bounce off of it; Brick and Zoey use her hair as a shield during the snow fort fight in "Ice, Ice, Baby."
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She has a big ego and a nasty temper, but outside of challenges she's pretty civil as long as none of her berserk buttons are pressed. She also didn't hold a grudge against Zoey or Mike when they end up hooking up. She also admits Brick a human being and calls out Eva for leaving him behind.
- Joisey: Check her title: "The Jersey Shore Reject"
- The Load: She's usually more interested in maintaining her appearance than actually trying to win challenges for her team, but this is sometimes averted as she's surprisingly strong and determined when angered. Her practically invulnerable hair also proves useful at times.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Snooki? Is that you?
- Nobody Touches the Hair: One of her Many Berserk Buttons
- Skewed Priorities: Her hairspray is more important than trying to earn a million dollars.
- Uncanny Valley Make Up: Orange-tanned skin, blue eyeliner, pink lipstick... it's there alright.
Brick is a respectful military cadet who has been trained as a soldier and therefore thinks he's got a big chance at winning the competition. He strongly believes in teamwork and never leaving a man behind.
- Big Ol' Unibrow
- Bring My Brown Pants: Wets himself in the dark, though he tries to deny it.Brick: (covering up his pee stain) It was wet down there, and I landed on my crotch!
- Butt-Monkey: To the point of being The Chew Toy.
- Character Tic: When given orders, he almost always salutes.
- Gentle Giant
- Leitmotif: A military drum beat.
- Lovable Jock
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy The Feminine Boy to Jo's Masculine Girl. Both are depicted as tough; however, Brick has a more sensitive side, whereas Jo is more aggressive.
- Nice Guy
- No One Gets Left Behind: Justified that he'd have this instinct since he is a cadet. When the other Maggots are captured by the spider, Jo tells him to ignore it for once, finish, and come in first, winning the challenge in "Finders Creepers." He does make it to the end first, but it turns out that the team with the most members across wins, so if he had ignored Jo and followed his instinct to rescue his teammates, the Maggots would've won. This trait ironically gets him eliminated three episodes later when he chooses to rescue the other team from danger instead of winning the challenge.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
- Officer and a Gentleman
- Real Men Wear Pink: In a confessional, he says that he's received medals for "Bed-Making" and "Letters Home to Mom". After Cameron shares the prize money with his fellow contestants, Brick reveals that he plans to go to fashion school.
- The Rival: To Jo.
- Screams Like a Little Girl
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Of DJ. While he is just as sensitive as DJ, Brick is not as dependent on his mother.
- Verbal Tic: Has a tendency to start his sentences with military terms, like "Sir!"
- Why Did It Have To Be The Dark
Bridgette grew up in a small west coast town and it shows. She was surfing before she walks, the other surfers can't help but check her out. She may be pretty as a daisy, but Bridgette's only coordinated on the waves. On land, she's kind of klutzy. She's been responsible for more than a few wipeouts on her surf team (and they were all on land). Luckily she's also got a healing touch.
Bridgette's strongest attributes are her sense of humour and her creativity. She's a pretty laid back, go-with-the-flow kind of girl, who's best friend is her mom. They both love flowers, crystals and everything else that is part of Mother Earth's beautiful bounty.
Bridgette's mom is proud of her daughter because not only is Bridgette a giving person, but she's on the honour roll at school.
Bridgette signed up for Total Drama Island because she always tries to open herself up to new experiences. She's already kite surfed off the coast of Peru, helped build house in a third world country and spent a summer making rugs in a Monastery in Nepal.
Bridgette's goal in life is to keep the vibe flowing in a goodly way. That's why she volunteers at the local animal sanctuary. Everyone there loves her, and truly believes that Bridgette not only understand animals, but can communicate with them. She's known as the 'budgie whisperer'.
Bridgette hopes her time on Total Drama Island will spread the message of cosmic love and body surfing to a larger audience.
- Beta Couple: Unlike most other romances, Bridgette and Geoff's relationship is an enduring one.
- Break the Cutie: In "Anything Yukon Do, I Can Do Better", she gets her tongue frozen on a pole, no thanks to Alejandro, is forced to sing while her tongue is frozen, and gets eliminated when her team came in last because of it.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: For a brief period of time after season two ended.
- The Cutie
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Only on land.
- Flanderization: During Island, we see her and Geoff making out together. In the season finale, they keep making out as a Running Gag. During the first few episodes of Action, they no longer have personalities and are immediately eliminated by everyone else because they spend all their time making out instead of actually participating in the show. Fortunately, season three reverts her to her season one personality.
- Fluffy Tamer: She befriended a Siberian black bear during World Tour.
- Friend to All Living Things
- Granola Girl
- Girl Next Door
- The Heart: On the Killer Bass.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure
- Make-Out Kids: With Geoff.
- Morality Pet: She's Courtney's only real friend in the first three seasons and Courtney is always nice to her, even in Action.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Nice Girl
- Overly Long Tongue: When she got stuck to that pole in the Yukon.
- Satellite Character: Her main role in Island was to be a female friend for Courtney (and to a lesser extent, Gwen and Leshawna once Courtney was gone). Afterwards, she was defined by her relationship with Geoff.
- Sitting Sexy on a Piano: During I'm Sorry.
- Supreme Chef: In "Who Can You Trust?" she was able to prepare fugu blowfish sushi and give it to Geoff without lethally poisoning him. Not bad.
- Surfer Dudette: Although her attitude is more like a hippie.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: At the Aftermath 2 and 3 with Geoff (Action) and later Blaineley (World Tour, though not much)
- True Blue Femininity: Her standard outfit is a blue hoodie. She has also been seen wearing a low-cut blue dress in a similar color.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: In Action, though she gets more screen time as the Aftermath hostess.
DJ moved from Jamaica when he was only four years old, but still has a lot of the island left in him. The most prominent is his chill islanditude. He may be huge, but he's not out to hurt anybody. Just as long you don't say anything about his Momma - in which case he'll lose his gentleness real quick.
The only thing this Jamaican-born Canadian loves as much as his Momma is a spicy roti and getting his dance on. DJ loooves to groove. He may be a big boy, but this homey rolls likes Captain Sensitivo. His football coach wishes he had more of the Eye of the Tiger since his inner softie can really get in the way of pounding the competition into the dust, but that's not DJ's style.
He prefers to chill and be chilled. DJ never had plans to be on TV either, but when the producers of Total Drama Island spotted him pushing a row of 80 shopping carts across the parking lot at his part time grocery job they HAD to have this young giant on their show.
Now that he's onboard, DJ wants to win the prize money so that he can fulfill his Momma's wish and move back home to Jamaica. DJ is a good son. He's also a good friend and the kind of guy you want on your team.
- Animals Hate Him: Even though he loves them. Isn't it ironic?
- Badass Beard
- Beware the Nice Ones: Tosses Owen off of a cliff for hunting him throughout the paintball challenge.
- The Big Guy
- Black Best Friend: To Geoff, giving pointers on talking to Bridgette.
- Butt-Monkey: In World Tour.
- Can't Get Away with Nuthin': His victory thanks to Chef's help causes him to see visions of his mother disgusted with him cheating, leading him to eliminate himself.
- Celibate Hero: Shows the least amount of interest in forming a relationship of any male contestant. With the exception of Irene in "Newf Kids On The Rock." Oh, did we mention that Irene is a fish?
- Cowardly Lion: In the first season. Although he was easily scared, when the chips were down, he'd man up. Unfortunately, this trait disappears in ''Action'' and ''World Tour''.
- Death Seeker: As of "Can't Help Falling in Louvre," he starts actively trying to get eliminated so he can "stop his campaign of animal pain". Even in the runway challenge, he tried to screw up as badly as possible so he could get booted off - but he STILL ended up winning.
- Flanderization: Went from simply being a Sensitive Guy to being a Fragile Flower and a Momma's Boy to the extreme. Anybody remember back in season one, when he could go a whole episode without crying?
- Fragile Flower
- Freak Out: Major one when he finds himself at Camp Wawanakwa during the fourth season for a challenge, having vowed to never return after having gone through three seasons' worth of torture at the hands of Chris McLean. And he was there as a judge.
- Friend to All Living Things: The guy loves animals but as of season three, he can't be near one for more than a few minutes without it getting maimed or beaten, to his unending horror.
- Gentle Giant
- Lethal Chef: Averted and played straight. During season two, everybody loves his food and he is capable of transforming Chef's scrubbed mass of things in something edible, but in the Action special, he starred in a cooking show with his mother, which was so unhealthy it killed multiple people. This is played humorously and is never mentioned again in another episode.
- Lovable Coward
- Momma's Boy
- My God, What Have I Done?: A running gag in World Tour is DJ feeling guilt after unintentionally harming animals, which also led to Team Victory's downfall.
- Nice Guy
- Nice Hat
- The One Guy: In "Team Victory", once Ezekiel and Harold were eliminated.
- Only Known by Initials: His name is actually Devon Joseph, but the only person who calls him that is his mother.
- Out-of-Character Moment: The episode of Island when he was picking on Harold with Geoff and Duncan.
- Real Men Wear Pink: His ribbon twirling tights.
- Screams Like a Little Girl
- Screw the Money, I Have Rules! : He'll rather quit the competition than cheat to win.
- Sole Survivor: Was the final member of Team Victory, becoming the first "Team of One" in the series.
- Stout Strength: Unsurprisingly, the physically largest guy is also one of the show's strongest, though he rarely shows it off due to his meekness.
- Supreme Chef: Master of making Impossibly Delicious Food, with the help of Mama's Spice.
- Token Good Teammate: He's one of the most well-liked contestants, to the point even well-known jerks like Heather and Duncan like him.
- Vocal Dissonance: His voice is surprisingly squeaky considering how old he looks and how tall/muscular he is.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Literally snakes, but also a few other things including water and heights.
- Younger Than He Looks
Eva moved from a small village in Eastern Europe when she was only seven years old. The local kids were eager to pick on 'the new girl', but never stood a chance.
Eva has been kickboxing since she was three. She holds the world record for Highest Jumping Roundhouse Kick By A Five-Year Old. She's also done stunts for a few action films including Undercover Youngster and Wolverine Teen. Although her stunt work keeps her busy, Eva's parents make sure that she still has time for school.
She works at everything she does, but admits that her temper sometimes gets in the way. She has no time for phonies, poseurs, fakes, cheaters, or liars! If she spots one, you can bet she's gonna set them straight.
Her gym teacher recalls one time when Eva, his All Star Player of the Field Hockey Team, caught the other team cheating during the playoffs. Until then, he'd never seen a person crush a puck with their bare hands and eat the goalie net. It's too bad because he thinks that Eva would make a good leader if only she could control that temper. Which is ironic since Eva's goal is to be a leader one day.
Her heroes are Cleopatra, Katherine the Great and the black-footed mongoose. Eva joined Total Drama Island because she thinks it's the perfect opportunity to showcase her leadership skills and curb her temper - and if anyone doesn't think so, then maybe they'd like to step outside so she can rearrange their thinking for them!!
- Action Girl
- The Artifact: Eva's main shtick is her incredibly volatile temper and super strength and since Courtney ends up with both these traits, Eva is left a bit superfluous which may be why she has spent two seasons straight outside the competition. The debut of Jo isn't exactly helping her case either...
- Back for the Dead: She was returned to the competition halfway through Island, but only lasted the one episode before being eliminated again.
- Battle Discretion Shot : Her fight with Sasquatchanakwa occurs inside a large wooden crate; we later get to see the results of the Curb-Stomp Battle.
- Beauty Mark
- Berserk Button: Nearly everything sets her off but one of the worst ones is messing with her MP3 player. She nearly bit Cody's hand off when he tried to touch it in "The Big Sleep".
- The Big Girl: On the Killer Bass.
- Big Ol' Unibrow
- Charles Atlas Superpower: The strongest woman, no, strongest person in the Total Drama series, that is until a certain someone gets mutated into a gigantic monster.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Her battle with Sasquatchanakwa. It only takes her 10 seconds to literally skin him alive, she even comes out with a Nice Hat and a pair of boots made from it's fur.
- Demoted to Extra
- Flanderization: She goes from having a Hair-Trigger Temper to just being angry 24/7 for no good reason.
- Flat Character: Eva is angry, strong, and... not much else.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: This led to her elimination twice.
- Humiliation Conga: Already eliminated once due to letting her temper get the better of her (although Heather was partially responsible for it), Eva was brought back to the island and given a second chance. After she rages out again during the challenges, intimidating the other players and flat out threatening Bridgette, she barley loses a chance to win immunity to Leshawna. Not only is she voted out on the same day when returned to the island, Chris rubs salt in the wound by revealing most of the campers confessionals on who exactly voted for her. After hearing some of the campers call her a ragaholic, crazy, scary and Ava, she's forced off the island in a straightjacket with no other action than just to lob empty threats at the campers.
- Jerk Jock: A rare female version.
- Out of Focus: One of the least focused-on contestants in the series. Unlike Katie and Sadie, however, she made a return to the competition, but she has not competed since her second elimination in "No Pain, No Game".
- Perpetual Frowner: She doesn't even smile in the group photo.
- Security Blanket: Her MP3 Player.
- Super Strength: She can lift a car over her head, and pull a bus put in drive, with her teeth.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- Too Powerful to Live : A non-lethal example. The other contestants are quick to vote her off at the first chance since they all fear her; plus, they all know Eva is the most physically powerful contestant and therefore the one that would curb-stomp any of them in a one-on-one competition if making it far in the show.
- Unstoppable Rage
- Vasquez Always Dies
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Twice, in the same season no less!
- Voiced by: Jason RitterTeams: Team Spirits, Team Hope
- Betty and Veronica: Betty to J.Z.'s Veronica.
- Bookworm: His defining characteristic. He is often seen reading a book.
- Character Development: During the two-part pilot, he started out as a somewhat asocial loner who wouldn't be caught dead working with others. Over the later episodes he learns the value of friendship and he is now often seen working with or helping his friends.
- The Comically Serious: Anytime he attempts to look dignified and intellectual, expect it to be ruined by some other people's antics or his own hidden goofiness.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: To Sylvia.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Defrosting Ice King: He opens up to his teammates in later episodes, despite not wanting to befriend them.
- The Dog Bites Back / Took a Level in Badass: Gard, who was bullied by J.Z. in early episodes, seems to pick up fights with him. This is justified, since Selene (as Artemis), taught him how to fight.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: As of "Bands of Harmony, Gard changed his hairstyle from a neat clean cut to a shaggy mop, to signify his change from a recluse to a social, outgoing guy.
- Expy: He's similar to a human male version of Twilight Sparkle and a human version of Jack Skellington.
- Freaky Is Cool: He likes monsters.
- Friendless Background: He never had friends due to a bullying incident.
- Ineffectual Loner: Other people make clear efforts to reach out to him before the plot kicks off, but he blows them off.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: He's very smart, even as a child, but he didn't care that much about making new friends, due to a bullying incident.
- Half-Identical Twins: To Jamille
- Heartbreak and Ice Cream: Non-romantic example. In Be Careful What You Draw, Gard, he breakdown when his sketchbook was destroyed by J.Z. drives him to pig out on chocolates, complete with "om nom nom" sounds.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: To Apollo.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Loner-Turned-Friend: To the rest of Team Spirts and later Team Hope and, after the merge, almost everyone else.
- Loony Friends Improve Your Personality: He's made a better person when forced to make new (some definitely bizarre) friends.
- Lovable Nerd: He starts out as socially awkward, and after he learns to socialize, he's still depicted as being organized almost to a fault and as a compulsive learner whose joy of studying is absolutely adorable.
- Nice Guy
- No Social Skills: Because of his solitary life, he starts out like this. Subverted, since he Used to Be More Social in the past before the bullying incident with his twin sister, until new friends take him out of his shell.
- Not So Above It All: Despite his no-nonsense nature, he likes monsters and music.
- Only Sane Man
- Performance Anxiety: He has a special talent in singing and dancing. But he has horrible stage fright, especially in public or worse.. international TV! He gets better in "Bands of Harmony".
- Ship Tease: With Sylvia.
- Significant Wardrobe Shift: As of "Bands of Harmony", after his original outfit was destroyed, Gard replaced it with monster-and-music-themed outfit to signify he stopped being an anti-social recluse.
- The Smart Guy
- Sweet Tooth: Mostly he eats chocolate, he's favorite.
- Teen Genius
- Used to Be More Social: When he was more social. However, after the bullying incident, he became the loner he started out as. He gets better as the competition progresses.
- Used to Be a Sweet Child: When he was younger, he was an easy-going, creative music lover, until his sister was bullied. He gets better.
- Why Did It Have to Be Dark and Hospitals?
Geoff grew up in a party town on the west coast. Spring break, long weekends, summertime - people came from all around to party in his town. Because of that, Geoff learned at a young age how to really party. REALLY.
He's the oldest of 5 brothers, so he feels it's his duty to show them how to party the right way. Thanks to his bohemian parents (who met, married and conceived Geoff on a beach) Geoff has chillaxin', partyhearty DNA in his blood.
At school, he's everybody's buddy. He's the star quarterback on his high school football team and after they won last season's playoffs, the locker room had to be rebuilt from the ground up after a three-day party-fest.
Geoff's goal is to take a bite out of life and chew it until there's nothing left but seeds that he can scatter into the wind to start the whole party cycle of life all over again. His eventual plan is to be a party organizer. He thinks that would be the most AWESOME job ever. He can't even imagine how much fun that would be - and he would totally ROCK at it, too. He just wants everybody to get along and chill out.
Although, he usually hangs with the cool crowd, he's no snob. Geoff will befriend anybody who's interested in partying. he likes everybody for whatever it is that they can bring to the table (or party).
Geoff enjoys spending time at the beach, camping, or anywhere else a party could be had. That's why Geoff auditioned for Total Drama Island, because it basically includes all his favourite things... people, camping and parties.
- Becoming the Mask: Starts to become like this when he is given the chance to act mean as the Aftermath host; however, Bridgette stops him, reverting back to his usual Nice Guy persona.
- Berserk Button: Don't mess with Bridgette, you'll regret it.
- Beta Couple: Unlike most other romances, Bridgette and Geoff's relationship is an enduring one.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He puts Blaineley through a brutal Humiliation Conga in "Aftermath Aftermayhem".
- Brief Accent Imitation: When Gordon is introduced in "The Aftermath: II". 'Ello, old chap!
- Flanderization: Into Bridgette's hypersexual lover in Action. Fortunately, he returns to his original personality during season three.
- Heroic Sacrifice
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Bridgette gives him a taste of his own medicine in the third Action Aftermath.
- The Lancer: On the Killer Bass.
- Make-Out Kids: With Bridgette.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Minor Injury Overreaction: In "Up the Creek", he gets a really tiny splinter in his ankle and everyone (including him) acts like his leg got bitten off by a shark.
- Nice Guy: Most of the time.
- Nice Hat: His regular outfit is topped off with his iconic cowboy hat. Donned a fur ushanka during "Aftermath Aftermayhem".
- The Pollyanna
- Real Men Wear Pink: His shirt.
- Satellite Love Interest: If he didn't have a crush on Bridgette, he'd pretty much be Owen without the fart, fat, and gay jokes.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: When he gets pelted with hail in "Phobia Factor" and when he gets covered in leeches in "No Pain, No Game".
- Surfer Dude
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: With Blaineley at the Aftermath show in World Tour.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: During Action. While he returns to his Nice Guy persona in World Tour a portion of his jerkishness seems to have remained with him, but this time it's funneled into Kick the Son of a Bitch instead of Kick the Dog (in this case, Blaineley, who had sent Bridgette on a plane to Siberia and dropped her in a cave with a very dangerous brown bear).
- Totally Radical
- Tranquil Fury: When Blaineley's indifference to having potentially doomed Bridgette to death by Siberian brown bear gets on his last nerve."You're gonna pay for this. The gloves are off. Like, way off!"
- Walking Shirtless Scene: He has a shirt, he just never buttons it.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: In Action, though he gets more screen time as the Aftermath host.
Megumi is a girl from Tokyo, Japan, despite actually being born in Kyoto, who dreams of becoming an Idol Singer.
As a little girl, she dreamed to become a japanese idol because she watched them on TV. She moved to Tokyo to eventually pursue her dream. When Total Drama first aired in Japan, she and her friends in middle school, began to watch it. At one point, her father abandoned her and her mother when she was still younger.
Her favorite contestant is Trent, who Megumi has a crush on.
After auditioning for Total Drama Island and Total Drama Action and not making the cut both times, being part of Total Drama World Tour is a dream come true. Despite Trent, not competing on the season, she competes because of her love for music and singing.
- Alliterative Name: Her full name is Megumi Miyamoto.
- Asian Airhead: She's from Japan and is ditzy.
- Beware the Nice Ones/Beware the Silly Ones: She may be cheerful, sweet and a bit airheaded, but when Daichi Yamazuki, who bullied Megumi all her life, at least until he moved away, made fun of Shane, things ended badly for him.
- Black and White Morality: Megumi knows the difference between nice people and mean people.
- Break the Cutie
- Cute and Psycho: She's sweet and high-spirited, but when she gets pushed to her limits, she's scary and intimidating.
- The Ditz: She's dumb enough to be manipulated by Alejandro and Mal, before she eventually discovers their true natures.
- Funny Foreigner: She comes from Japan and is funny.
- Genki Girl: She's energetic, cheerful and enthusiastic.
- Girlish Pigtails: Fitting her bubbly personality.
- Hair Decorations: Two golden star-shaped hair clips on her pigtails.
- Idol Singer: She wants to be one. Her dream came true after World Tour.
- Kindhearted Simpleton: While being an Asian Airhead and at times perverted when it comes to handsome guys, she's actually a Nice Girl.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: When she's in a fight, she her normally normally sweet and bubbly attitude fades away for a more intimidating Cute and Psycho one, especially if she's sufficiently pissed.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: To Gard, she was one of the three people to befriend him.
- Naïve Everygirl
- Nice Girl: As long as you don't provoke her.
- Nosebleed: When seeing a shirtless handsome guy. Even Kotone took her to the hospital many times for that. Also Kotone tried to prevent that, even by putting her a blindfold.
- Plucky Comic Relief
- Plucky Girl
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The cheery and ditzy red to Kotone and Gard's blue.
- Sailor Fuku: Her school uniform is the same as Kotone's standard uniform.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl:
- The Energetic Girl to Shane's Savvy Guy. (One of the two.)
- Also to Gard's Savvy Guy.
- Ship Tease: With Shane.
- Shipper on Deck: Of Sylvia and Gard.
- Smitten Teenage Girl
- Stalker with a Crush: To Trent.
- Sweet Tooth: Enjoys sweets, also in her bio, her favorite food is sweets.
- Traumatic Haircut: She suffered of this at age 8, while being bullied by Daichi Yamazuki.
- Trauma Button: She hates "In The Hall Of The Mountain King" because Daichi Yamazuki forced her to hear it.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
- Will They or Won't They?: It's currently unclear if she and Shane get together.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A with pigtails in her standard outfit. Averted in her summer attire.
Shane is an expert on Kendo.
His oldest brother is the current heir to his family kendo dojo and began his training at age six.
He and his twin sister, Shana auditioned for Total Drama Island because they would enjoy a summer camp together. Also, Shana would have new friends.
- Anti-Hero: He's heroic, good-willed and loyal, but he's antagonistic towards the evil and mean contestants.
- Berserk Button:
- Hurt anyone in front of Shane and he'll get mad. Especially if you hurt his friends and sister.
- Also, don't call him "Scorpion Boy".
- Also, he becomes furious everytime he sees Mal.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Shane is usually kind and gentle, but has a cold, unforgiving and hostile demeanor towards Heather, Courtney and Alejandro.
- Big Brother Instinct: He's very overprotective of Shana because she was bullied when they were younger.
- Black and White Morality: Shane knows the difference between good people (white) and bad people (black). This is because of their traumatic past involving Shana being bullied.
- Bully Hunter
- Character Development: Initially, he was just plain hostile at Heather for bullying his younger twin sister, Shana. As of Action, while he still dislikes Heather, he makes temporary truces with her.
- Foil: To Shana.
- Good Is Not Nice: He doesn't take his enemies' actions very kindly.
- Heroic BSoD: He has brief one after Shana's elimination in "Moon Madness".
- It's Personal:
- He holds a grudge against Heather for bullying Shana.
- He also holds a grudge against Alejandro for being a Manipulative Bastard.
- He also holds a grudge against Mal for almost killing and eliminating Shana and using his fear of scorpions on him.
- He also holds a grudge aganst J.Z. for causing Harold's elimination twice.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He may be cold, unforgiving, has a terrible temper, sometimes stubborn, and gets annoyed easily at some things, but he's still a Nice Guy.
- Nice Guy: Usually.
- Rousing Speech: He gives one to his allies, Duncan, Kotone, Megumi and Richard in "You Regatta Kidding Me"."Look, guys, Mal won this time, but at least didn't won the challenge. If we defeat Mal, then everyone will as well. It's too early to give up! There's still hope!"
- Ship Tease: With Megumi.
- Theme Twin Naming
- Token Good Teammate: Shane, along with Gwen, Robbie, Richard, and Cameron, is the only one of the Villainous Vultures who is not evil. However, he is forced to swap teams with Cameron, making him a hero.
- Will They or Won't They?: It's currently unclear if he and Megumi get together.
- [Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He hates scorpions because as a child, he was stung by one while he was at the zoo with his family, nearly dying of poisoning, so he was taken to the hospital to take the poison out of his body. His fear of scorpions made him almost lose the phobia factor challange in "Phobia Factor". He also freaks out when a scorpion came out of the pancakes he was eating in "Food Fright". He also freaked out when he was choosen to fight them, making him run away from them, making his team lose the boxing challange in "Suckers Punched". Also in "You Regatta Kidding Me", Mal used his fear of scorpions to pick on him, in order of taking him down. This also leads him to his downfall, because Mal not only rigs the votes, but puts some scorpions in the Flush of Shame to make him panic more.
- "I really feel I made such awesome friends here, it's hard for me to vote anyone off."Voiced by: Scott McCordTeams: Screaming Gophers, Killer Grips, Team Spirits
Trent is proud to say that he just got his motorcycle license. He loves to RIIIIIIDE and can't wait to buy his own set of wheels so he can convert it into a chopper - just as soon as he gets his hands on some 'scratch'. Eventually, Trent's goal is to have his own bike shop where he can build super-cool choppers that are world renowned.
Trent has never gone out of his way to 'get' people to like him. it just turns out that way. He'd rather chill and get a good view of everything that's going on in they world. He's also a straight shooter, who tells it like it is. He would never say he's 'the cool guy.' (He doesn't have to - everybody says it for him.)
Trent is the kind of guy that gets the girls and has other guys admiring him for it. He's just too likeable to hate. His guitar and skateboard skills seal his status as one cool compadre. In his Junior High Graduating Class he was voted as "Most Mysterious and Irresistible". (It was later discovered that the Voting Committee was comprised completely of girls; all of whom dated Trent.)
Despite his good looks and easy going manner, Trent is smarter than he's given credit for. Though his grades don't reflect it, he has an IQ that is well above anyone's expectations - including his own. His Dad wishes he would follow in his footsteps and become an accountant, to which Trent has four words.... NOT - IN - THIS - LIFETIME! (Specifically in that order.)
Trent auditioned for Total Drama Island because it sound like a cool way to spend the summer... and hey, $100,000 would make a nice down payment for that dream chopper.
- Amicable Exes: With Gwen.
- Badass Biker: Trent states that if he wins the prize money, he'd use it to buy a new motorcycle.
- Beware the Nice Ones: See the Out-of-Character Moment below where he thought Cody was lying to him about Gwen in "Up the Creek".
- Butt-Monkey: For a nice guy, he takes a lot of abuse.
- The Chew Toy: Well let's see, the poor guy has suffered a concussion, been poisoned, put in a full body cast after falling out of a plane, landed on a fence post crotch first, and finally suffers a mental breakdown. All of this is Played for Laughs.
- Chick Magnet: Aside from Gwen, Lindsay and Beth also seem to be interested in him during Island, and after the break-up Katie and Sadie quickly start fighting over him. He also notes that he's "met a ton of chicks" since the relationship ended.
- Compressed Vice: His weird "nine" obsession in season two, Harold says that Trent always had it even though it was never even hinted at in season one.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: In season two, see Derailing Love Interests.
- Demoted to Extra: By World Tour.
- Derailing Love Interests: Through sudden, nine-centric Super OCD. After the second aftermath he's not as crazy and in future episodes he and Gwen seem happy as just friends.
- Everything but the Girl: As a celebrity, he seems to be doing pretty well on his own.
- The Heart: For the Screaming Gophers.
- Leaning on the Furniture: Whenever he's shown sitting, he almost always has one foot propped up on the chair.
- Love Makes You Crazy: He got better, but only after they broke up.
- Mr. Fanservice: Between his smooth voice, cool demeanor, and a choice selection of shirtless scenes, Trent is meant to be the high school dream guy.
- Nice Guy: As long as he isn't stressed out.
- Out-of-Character Moment:
- Threatening to rearrange Cody's face in "Up the Creek". Granted, he thought Cody was making fun of him at the time, but it was still strange considering how mild-mannered he usually is.
- Breaking up with a girlfriend via text message (from Justin's phone at that) in the Action special.
- Out of Focus: Starting with his elimination in Action and from World Tour and on.
- Satellite Love Interest: Aside from his relationship with Gwen, he doesn't bring much to the show. His role in Action makes him border on a Deconstruction. When the only reason that he is there (Gwen) seems to be taken away from him, well...
- Straight Man: Until Action, where his jealousy of Duncan and obsession with the number 9 rear their ugly heads.
- Standardized Leader: On the Killer Grips, before he went nuts.
- Team Killer: During Action, thanks to Owen giving him bad advice.
- Why Did It Have To Be Mimes?
Tyler loves sports. He considers himself a pro-level player in hockey, football, basketball, tennis, golf, cricket, handball, shuffleboard, badminton, bocce ball, horseshoes, thumb wrestling and a few more he couldn't think of off hand. Unfortunately, his many coaches have a different opinions of his skill level.
Tyler loves anything that involves throwing, catching, hitting, bouncing or a combo of all the above. His gym teacher consistently gives Tyler an E for effort, but always keeps the First Aid Kit handy. He thinks that Tyler has a lot of enthusiasm and drive, but that talent and coordination are not his strong points.
Tyler is competitive, but prides himself on his friendliness, too. When he's not throwing a ball back and forth, he can be found hanging out with many friends.
Tyler is stoked to be a part of Total Drama Island. He loves the fact that there will be a variety of wild challenges to test his skills, so he's psyched!
While he may never be a real pro, he always looks the part. Thanks to his rich and famous sportscaster Dad, (who is totally hooked up with all the major sponsors), Tyler is always outfitted in top-of-the-line logos. Tyler's Dad is proud that his boy made it onto the show and expects him to WIN, WIN, WIN! Tyler is under a lot of pressure, but isn't worried. He feels he'll do okay. If nothing else, he'll look swank in those track suits.
- Amusing Injuries: The personification of them.
- Big "YES!": Gets one of these in "Slap Slap Revolution" when Lindsay finally remembers his name, but since he and the rest of the remaining 13 campers are in the Alps, this also triggers an avalanche.
- Buffy Speak
- Catchphrase: "EXTREEEEME!", which is almost always interrupted by an injury.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Tyler has the finger-strength to hang off a cliff with a sled and his four teammates weighing him down. Special note that one of the four was Owen.
- The Chew Toy: If Tyler is competing, expect him to be hurt the worst out of all the contestants. Heck, he couldn't even debut without getting hurt.
- Curtains Match the Window
- The Ditz
- Dumb Jock: He spells jerk with a "G" and climbs an electric fence, both in "The EX-Files".
- Iron Butt-Monkey
- Irony: He considers himself to be a sports fan, yet he's bad at it.
- Lovable Jock: While his sports skills aren't as good as he'd like them to be, he's still defined primarily by his sports playing—and he's also a devoted, patient boyfriend, willing to befriend geeks and nerds, and adamantly against cheating on a loved one.
- Malaproper: Tyler has this habit of mangling his sentences, especially when trying to explain something.Tyler: (as Noah's putting the Venus de Milo together) Put the middle piece under the wide part, then rotate the thingy straight wise - no, no, no. Under-over.
Noah: (straining to hold up the statue's torso) Thosearen't-evenwords!
- Nice Guy: Despite his overinflated opinion of his own abilities, he's one of the most good-hearted contestants.
- Odd Friendship: Paired up with Leshawna as a reality show duo in the Celebrity Manhunt special. Before this, they had shared little to no screen time together.
- Noodle Incident: What was it that caused Tyler to fear chickens so much?
- Otaku: Has a thing for Japanese game shows.
- Out of Focus: From his elimination in Island until the start of World Tour.
- Satellite Love Interest: Amusing Injuries aside, his main role in Island was to be Lindsay's love interest (and to cause a conflict between her and Heather). He gets a bit more development in World Tour.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Then again, it was during a scarab beetle swarm...
- Shipper on Deck: He ships Gwen/Cody.
- Small Name, Big Ego: When it comes to sports.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: After a season and a half, Lindsay FINALLY remembered who he was in "Slap Slap Revolution".
- Too Dumb to Live: He scales an electric fence instead of just going through an open gate in "The EX-Files".
- Took a Level in Badass: Somewhat in the Yukon episode, but he snapped back in the Amazon.
- Undying Loyalty: He nearly breaks his hands trying to knock down a wall to rescue Owen in "The EX-Files".
- Why Did It Have To Be Chickens?
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Unfortunately, he only remembers this after volunteering to fight against the all-girl (sans Cody) Team Amazon in "Greece's Pieces".