- The Staff
- Team Hope
- Team Geniuses
- Team Wonder
- Team Spirits
- Team Jafar
- Courageous Monkeys
- Wise Sorcerers
open/close all folders
See his entry on Team Hope
"I really should've written down what I wanted to say, but the only pen I could find was all chewed up, and not by me. Kind of grossed out just thinking about it. As a competitor I'd be vicious, all about the money. Not there to make friends, know what I mean? Keep people at arms length, grab that cash! I'm gonna play this cold."
Voiced by: Daniel DeSanto
Teams: Waneyihtam Maskwak (Confused Bears)
- Ambiguous Disorder:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder with repetitive behaviors and intense desire to be clean
- Borderline Personality Disorder: Intense fears of abandonment from Sky, emotionally unstable, and extremely impulsive
- Ambiguously Brown: Much like Noah, his skin is tan but it's not really clear what his ethnicity is.
- Back for the Finale: He was randomly chosen as Sky's helper.
- Bald of Evil: His hair is burned off between the first and second legs of the final challenge; however, he doesn't become villainous until the third leg.
- Batman Gambit: In "A Blast from the Past", he convinces Shawn, who believes that the island is infested with zombies, that Team Kinosewak are zombified, motivating Shawn to participate. Unfortunately, Shawn hits Jasmine hard in the head, which puts a major kink in their relationship.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Becomes bitter and resentful upon discovering that Sky has a boyfriend.
- The Complainer Is Always Wrong: Nobody other than Sky listens to him when he complains about the flaws in his teammates' plans.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He has shown competence to his team's surprise (and his own) on a fair few occasions.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Before he joining the show, he was possessed by a demon with dark powers. Afterwards, during one adventure, he gained dark powers from two kanatas to defeat one of the Animentals, the Bat of Darkness. he lampshades this trope in the cosplay episode
- Deadpan Snarker: As his team's Straight Man, he snarks occasionally.Dave: (after he pulls his parachute's ripcord, only to find feathers in his pack) Yup. Feathers. I get it. Funny.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Especially after finding out that the "girl" already has a boyfriend, upon which his Sanity Slippage gets even worse than it already was.
- Demonic Possession: Prior to Erin's Total Magical Adventure, Dave was possessed by a monster, Khordon, who feeds off his negative feelings for Sky. At first Dave was aware and let the former help the latter get back at him that is until Khordon betrayed Dave by "swallowing his soul" and gain control to take over and make Halloween every night forever.
- FaceHeel Turn: After finding out that Sky is already in a relationship, he does everything in his power to keep her from winning the prize money.
- Fallen Hero: He wasn't exactly nice to begin with, but he becomes significantly more villainous after his Sanity Slippage in the finale.
- Final Boss: In the season finale, after he realizes that Sky already has a boyfriend, making him the final villain of the second part of season 5.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Mainly with Beardo and Leonard.
- HeelFace Turn: After the events of Erin, Tails, and Sky and the Goblin King, Dave went to get help, return to the good side and tries to prove he's not a bad guy. He still has his old traits though.
- Hypochondria: Has self-diagnosed himself with several allergies, none of which have been proven. Lampshaded by Chris after Dave gets hit with a balloon filled with itching powder.Dave: (in the confessional, as he's scratching himself) Itching powder?! Really?! I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to this!
Chris: (over the intercom) Everyone is allergic to it! It's itching powder!
- Though in Mo' Monkeys Mo' Problems his allergy to flowers is implied to be legitimate
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: He states this in his audition video, but once he's on the island he quickly abandons this policy in favor of pursuing a relationship with Sky.
- Jerkass: Due to him believing that he is the Only Sane Man on his team, he can come off as this at times.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's insensitive, short-tempered, and whiny but was shown to be a fairly nice guy as long as no one upsets him (helping Ella after she got electrocuted, trying to offer Shawn relationship advice)
- Jumping Off the Slippery Slope: While he had undergone Sanity Slippage starting from "Hurl And Go Seek", he jumps off the deep end in the finale.
- Just Friends:
- Sky attempts to view her relationship with him as this due to not wanting to date someone she'd eventually have to compete against and also because she's already in a relationship with someone else. Unfortunately, Dave doesn't take this too well.
- Dave sees his relationship with Ella as this. While Ella is initially saddened by this revelation, she gets over it and doesn't hold it against Dave.
- The Lancer: Whether Shawn or Sky is The Leader in a particular episode, Dave contrasts their competence and tolerance of their team's quirks with his own tendencies (see The Load) and frequent complaints about everything.
- The Load: While not as bad as previous examples, he is definitely the weakest member on his team and is often hindered by his mysophobia.
- Love Is a Weakness: Both Sugar and Sky know this and take full advantage.
- Love Makes You Dumb: His common sense takes a severe blow after he falls for Sky, resulting in him trying various misguided stunts (such as trying to tame a bear and pretending to be a jerk) in order to impress her. Needless to say, it doesn't work.Sky: (dismayed) He was brighter before, wasn't he?
- Love Makes You Evil: His love for Sky led to his heart to get broken, which ultimately caused his Sanity Slippage and seeking vengeance on Sky.
- Meaningless Villain Victory: In Shawn's ending, Sky has failed to get any prize money, exactly as he'd solely dedicated himself towards when he had his FaceHeel Turn. He doesn't seem to be remotely pleased about this, though, more upset about missing out on half of the prize.
- No Respect Guy: Early in the season when he was actually the Only Sane Man who was Surrounded by Idiots, though this later subsides when his unlikable traits accumulate and he becomes a hindrance to the team himself.
- Oblivious to Love: He was unaware that Ella had developed a crush on him.
- Only Sane Man: Aside from Sky, he sees himself as the only sane member of his team. To an extent, this is a fairly reasonable assumption, considering his team consists of a guy who makes silly noises, a guy who thinks he's a wizard, a girl who dresses like a princess and sings at inopportune moments, a ditzy pageant queen, a paranoid zombie-phobic extremist, and later on a purple-haired midget who thinks he's a supervillain and laughs like a maniac all the time. It's still ambiguous if he really counts as sane when all's said and done, though.
- Opposites Attract: With Sky.
- Powers via Possession: While being possessed, he gain the powers and abilities of an Amorak, a fairy, and the Goblin Scepter to gain control, control or turn everyone into monsters, and make Halloween every night forever.
- Sanity Slippage: Undergoes some after Sky rejects him at the merge. Luckily, he knows this and votes himself off before it can get any worse. Unfortunately for him, it worsens when he realizes that Sky already has a boyfriend.
- Ship Tease: With Sky.
- Surrounded by Idiots: See Only Sane Man.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute:
- He initially seems very similar to Noah, as they bear a striking resemblance and are both Deadpan Snarkers who are reluctant to help their team, but as his character arc progresses their personalities quickly become divergent.
- He has also been compared with Mike due to having a similar color scheme, a mental disorder, and a similar relationship with Sky to that of Mike and Zoey's.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Believes this will be the case when Sky is switched to the opposing team in episode 7. Unfortunately, he didn't take into account how serious Sky and her teammates were about the competition.
- Terrified of Germs: His contestant bio states that he has mysophobia and he is seen rubbing his hands with disinfectant in his audition video. He gets nervous whenever a challenge involves getting dirty, and freaks out when he's covered in pig grease in "I Love You, Greased Pig!". In "This is the Pits!" he is seen in the fetal position after his team escape the underground tunnels by climbing out through the outhouse confessional, covered in waste water.Dave: SANITIZER! I NEED HAND SANITIZER! AND SANDPAPER FOR SCRUBBING!
- Took a Level in Dumbass: See Love Makes You Dumb.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: His frustration at his teammates causes him to take a level or two during the first few episodes. Then The Reveal of Sky having a boyfriend causes him to take several more.
- Woman Scorned: Gender-Inverted Trope. He didn't even want the money, but he was intent on making sure Sky didn't get it. If he managed to win half by stopping Shawn and Sky, he was planning on burning his half in front of her out of spite.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: While his behavior in the finale certainly makes him qualify as a villain, it's difficult not to feel sorry for him when considering the series of events that built up to this.
- Yandere: A rare male example, he does not take the news about Sky already having a boyfriend well, going as far as hindering Sky's chances at the million.
"My name is Ella. I was a huge fan of Total Drama World Tour. I memorized all the songs from that season and performed them at the local mall in a one person flash mob! The nice security man told me I had a beautiful voice, and that I was banned from the mall."
Voiced by: Sunday Muse
Teams: Waneyihtam Maskwak (Confused Bears)
- Actual Pacifist: Due to her all loving nature, she cannot bring herself to do anything even remotely violent or cruel. As shown in "I Love You, I Love You Knots", she even refused to shock the opposing team because she thought it was "too mean".
- All-Loving Heroine: She is just impossible to anger, although hurting her animal friends will make her upset.
- Ascended Fangirl: In her audition video she says that she was a huge fan of Total Drama World Tour.
- Attention Whore: Downplayed. Her spontaneous moments of breaking out in song definitely draws attention; however, she does not actively seek attention only for herself.
- The Beastmaster: She easily befriends birds, a pig, and a bear.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Fell in love with Dave after he helped her in "A Blast From The Past".
- Break the Cutie: Seems to happen to her quite regularly, especially from Sugar and Chris. However, these attempts fail as she keeps her sunny disposition most of the time.
- Canine Companion: Ella gets a dog name Lady Ribbon from Selene in Friendly-Unfriendly Indian Three-Way.
- The Chick: Of Team Maskwak.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: Downplayed; while she is not a bad singer, as animals are attracted to her voice, the other campers find Ella's constant singing annoying, particularly Sugar.
- In her audition video, she says that she was banned from her local mall, also as she was singing "Please pick me!", the thin walls in her apartment has also caused Mr. McGillis to tell her to keep it down, to which she promptly apologizes.
- Chris is also especially annoyed by Ella's signing to the point where he threatens to boot her from the show if she sings again in "A Blast from the Past". Chris follows through on his threat in the following episode, after Sugar sells her out by sending an anonymous letter to him.Ella: ♪Good morning, other team!♪ Who would like to hear a song?
Chris: (over the loudspeaker) NO ONE, Ella!
- The Cutie: A songbird with a personality as angelic as her singing voice.
- Dissonant Serenity: Instead of panicking when she got a fake parachute, she's glad that the teddy bear in her pack is safe, and she starts to sing a song after grabbing a tambourine from Leonard's pack and finding a little birdie.
- Dumb Is Good: She is excessively nice to EVERYONE, but she's fairly naive, as she believes Leonard is a real wizard.
- Every Proper Lady Should Curtsey: She does this when introducing herself in her audition video.
- Expy: She is part Snow White, part Cinderella, and part Aurora.
- Flashmob: In her audition, she mentions that she sang every song from Total Drama World Tour in her local mall as a one person flash mob.
- Friend to All Living Things: In typical Snow White fashion.
- Genki Girl: Besides her singing, Ella's general perkiness also gets on Chris' nerves.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Her bedroom has plenty of stuffed animals.
- Girly Girl: Quite possibly the most girly character in the entire series.
- Girly Run: She does this in "A Blast from the Past" as she retrieves one of her team's dueling sticks.
- Graceful Loser: She isn't upset when she's disqualified from the competition in "Mo Monkey Mo Problems". Instead, she comments that she's glad she can return to singing freely and then proceeds turn her elimination ceremony into a musical number.
- Heroes Love Dogs: Her dog, Lady Ribbon.
- Heroic BSoD: She suffers from one in "Mo Monkey Mo Problems", after Dave tells her that he is attracted to Sky and not her. During the challenge, she is barely emotive until her teammates needed her to serenade a bear in order to get Dave free and try to get it to spit their monkey out.
- High-Class Gloves: Wears them frequently.
- Hoist by Their Own Petard: A rare heroic example. Chris gives Ella an ultimatum during the elimination ceremony of "A Blast from the Past": if she sings again, she is automatically eliminated. Unfortunately, the trope is invoked an episode later when her team needed her to sing to a bear to save Dave and retrieve their monkey, and Sugar tells Chris that Ella sang.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She accepts the fact that Dave loves Sky.
- Kill the Cutie: Sugar achieves this in "Mo Monkey Mo Problems".
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The light to Sugar's dark.
- The Load: Downplayed. While she at least tries to help her team and sometimes successfully does so, her actions on occasion can be viewed as detrimental.
- In "So, Uh, This is My Team?", she retrieves a bucket of glitter instead of any useful building material.
- In "I Love You, Greased Pig!", she sings and dances with the pig, which slows her down; however, she does actually complete her leg of the challenge, unlike Leonard.
- In "I Love You, I Love You Knots", after undoing her knot, she offers to help Rodney, her opposition, and she is hesitant to push the button to shock Team Kinosewak to win the tiebreaker. However, Clucky the chicken snatches the remote out of Ella's hand, shocking Rodney and the rest of his team.
- Mind-Control Music: While not exactly mind controlling, her singing has a very unusual, powerful hold on nearby animals.
- Magic Skirt: Invoked by means of her little bird friends.
- Meaningful Name: The second half of "Cinderella".
- Music Soothes the Savage Beast: She can calm and attract any animal using her beautiful voice. In fact even her team realises the power her singing holds over animals and even requests her to sing to the bear in order to subdue it in "Mo Monkey Mo Problems".
- Naïve Everygirl: She tries her best to befriend Sugar, oblivious to the fact that Sugar neither likes nor trusts her.
- Nice Girl: One of the nicest, if not the nicest character in the whole series; she is an Actual Pacifist who just wants to be everyone's friend.
- Non Sequitur: After she gets electrocuted by Max in "A Blast from the Past", she gives one of these just before Chris goes to commercial.Ella: (trying to climb on to Chris' platform) Do you know where I can find the white rabbit? (falls back into the water)
- OOC Is Serious Business:
Ella: You can be naughty to me, you can be naughty about my singing, you can be naughty to my friends... BUT YOU CANNOT BE NAUGHTY TO MY DOG!!!
- She is visibly depressed after she realizes that Dave wasn't attracted to her.
- She finally stood up to Sugar after she picked on her new dog much to everyone's surprise while Wataru falls in love with her more.
- Perpetual Smiler: It's very rare to see her without a smile on her face.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Subverted. She reveals, through song, that her outfit is actually a skirt and blouse.
- The Pollyanna: Despite numerous attempts to break her, Ella usually maintains her sunny disposition. She even takes her elimination in stride, singing a song before she is shot out of the Cannon of Shame.
- However, as a Double Subversion, she is visibly depressed when she realizes that Dave is attracted to Sky and not her, but she gets better, and still remains friends with both Dave and Sky.
- Princesses Prefer Pink: And how! The only parts of her outfit that aren't pink are her sleeves.
- Spontaneous Choreography: Though other than the animals joining in on occasion, she's usually the only one which participates.
- Vocal Evolution: Her voice is higher than it was in her audition tape.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Believes everyone is good at heart, even when they physically abuse her on a regular basis (as Sugar does). Chris seems to be the only exception.
See his entry on Team Spirit
"Australia is home to eleven of the world's deadliest creatures. Oh, and our toilets do not flush backwards. I think that's about all you need to know about where I'm from."
Voiced by: Katie Bergin
Teams: Pimâpotew Kinosewak (Floating Salmon)
- Aborted Arc: Her friendship with Samey gets dropped altogether once she's eliminated in "A Blast to the Past" almost to the point where it feels like it never even happened.
- Action Duo: With Shawn, especially in "Scarlett Fever".
- Action Girl: Given her Outback survival skills.
- All Amazons Want Hercules: Played with; while she's much stronger and taller than her crush, Shawn, she's deeply impressed by his survivalist skills and fighting ability.
- Amazonian Beauty: Chris literally refers to her as an "Amazon" a few times.
- Awesome Aussie: A rare female example, but she's basically a great big tribute to this trope, as she's a wilderness survivor from Australia.
- Back for the Finale: She returns as Shawn's helper in the final challenge.
- Bare Your Midriff: Quite possibly due to her not being able to find clothes long enough to cover her completely.
- Battle Couple: With Shawn in episode 10.
- The Beastmaster: She displays a hypnotic control over the grease pig.
- Berserk Button: It's implied that she doesn't like people making comments about her height, such as when she asked Amy if they were going to have a problem when the latter called her a giant.
- The Big Girl: Though she doubles as The Leader.
- Big "NO!": She is prone to doing this.
- She gives one as Samey was about to bite into a poisonous manchineel fruit in "I Love You, Grease Pig!".
- In "Twinning Isn't Everything", she gives it as the balloon she, Samey, and Amy were fighting over bursts.
- In "Mo Monkey, Mo Problems", she gives yet another one when she sees a tree full of monkeys, with any one of them holding her team's gold coin.
- Broken Bird: Following Shawn's actions in "A Blast from the Past".
- Cats Are Mean: During her audition, Jasmine's cat, Whiskers, jumps on her upper arm and bites it for no apparent reason. Jasmine simply shrugs it off and finishes the audition. Later on, in "Sky Fall", Whiskers brutally attacks the camera when Jasmine tries to giver her a bath. The end results are quite predictable.
- Claustrophobia: Has a crippling fear of small, enclosed spaces.
- Cool Big Sis: Acts as one to Samey, encouraging her to act tough and to stand up against her real sister Amy, who contrasts Jasmine by being a Big Sister Bully. She also, Jasmine helps Samey masquerade as Amy, telling her how to act like Amy and covering up for her in "I Love You, I Love You Knots".
- Curse Cut Short: In "Three Zones and a Baby".Jasmine: (to Topher, after he causes an avalanche) I'm going to rip you a new- (a pile of snow falls on Team Kinosewak)
- Expy: Of MacGyver and Bindi Irwin.
- Friendless Background: She explains it's due to people being intimidated about her size.
- Genius Bruiser: The season's strongest and toughest contestant is also an expert survivalist with botanist knowledge.
- Hidden Depths:
- She is rather insecure about her imposing figure.
- She's claustrophobic, possibly due to her large size.
- Huge Schoolgirl: She is the tallest character in Total Drama history (other than mutated Dakota) and towers over all the characters, even Chef Hatchet.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Or in this case, giving Max a Wedgie when he insults her.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Unfortunately, Whiskers doesn't return the love.
- The Leader: Of Team Kinosewak, as she pulls her team to victory for the first two episodes.
- Nice Hat: Her slouch hat.
- Official Couple: Becomes one with Shawn after the merge.
- One Head Taller: Gender inverted with Shawn.
- Salt and Pepper: With Shawn.
- Secret Keeper: She knows that Samey set Amy up for a fall, and helps Samey pose as Amy.
- She's Got Legs: Sweet mercy, does she ever!
- Ship Tease: With Shawn.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Her friendship with Samey is focused on a good bit pre-merge, along with her Ship Tease with Shawn which is focused on throughout the season.
- Statuesque Stunner: Except for Rodney and Chef Hatchet, she towers over most of the Pahkitew Island cast.
- Super Strength: She breaks a tree with a SINGLE punch, and lifts one up later on.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute:
- She is in every aspect a Distaff Counterpart of Manitoba Smith, even down to the fact they're Awesome Aussie Action Heroes.
- Physically she's also one to Sierra, as both are the tallest girls in their generation who have a relationship with a much shorter guy, both have Super Strength, and both came fourth in their debut season.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: With Shawn.
- Token Good Teammate: Once Samey is gone, she's all that's left on a team of villains (and Topher).
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Wears a ponytail.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: An outdoor survivalist who wants to open a flower shop/cage-fighting school.
- Tsurime Eyes: Fitting as she's practically a natural born leader.
- Vocal Evolution: Her voice is noticeably deeper than in her audition video. However later on it becomes higher once more (especially when she's scared or excited) and begins to resemble her audition voice more closely.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Probably made to look even shorter due to her height.
- Younger than She Looks: Contrary to what her height suggests, she's a teenager.
See his entry on Team Hope
- Loveable Rogue: He maybe a thief but he's a nervous guy who wants to be a pastry chef.
"I'm Sammy, NOT Samey. I don't even know why I said that, no one has ever called me Samey. I mean who would, right? Anyway I don't have a sister or anything, it's pretty much just me, and I'm pretty confident, because of the no sister thing."
Voiced by: Bryn McAuley
Teams: Pimâpotew Kinosewak (Floating Salmon)
- Aborted Arc: Both her trying to be her own person as well as her friendship with Jasmine. The former is dropped after she tricks Amy into being eliminated in her place while the latter is dropped after she's eliminated to the point where it feels like it never even happened.
- Always Second Best: How she is viewed by Amy.
- Apologises a Lot: Seems to have inherited this from Zoey.
- Backstabbing the Alpha Bitch: She finally gets revenge on Amy in "Twinning Isn't Everything". See Batman Gambit.
- Bad Liar: In "I Love You, I Love You Knots", she lampshades the fact that she is a "walking lie" while she masquerades as Amy.
- Bald Woman: Averted on-screen; however, Samey mentions in a confessional that she let Amy shave her head in the past, with Amy claiming that it was for people to "tell them apart".
- Bare Your Midriff: Thanks to her cheerleader outfit.
- Batman Gambit: In the confessional, Samey recalls that when she has something that Amy wants, Amy will steal it from her. Samey uses this fact to trick Amy into eating a poisonous manchineel fruit. When Amy's throat becomes inflamed, Samey pulls a switch-a-roo, getting Amy blasted off the island.
- Beleaguered Assistant: Jasmine calls her out on this, saying that Samey doesn't have to do everything Amy tells her. While Jasmine appreciates Samey's help in foraging for food, Jasmine wants it to be Samey's own choice and not because Amy told her to help.
- Berserk Button:
- Whenever Amy wrongfully takes credit for Samey's hard work.
- Confusing her for Amy. This is especially true while Samey impersonates Amy.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Her cruel sister Amy learns this the hard way. To imply, see Batman Gambit above.
- Blatant Lies: In her audition video, Samey claims that she doesn't have a sister, yet Amy calls for her towards the end.
- Bond One-Liner: She gives one after Amy is shot out of the Cannon of Shame in "Twinning Isn't Everything", even doing it as a Title Drop.
- Break the Cutie: She was broken by Amy even before she arrived on the show.
- Bully and Wimp Pairing: A rare female example, she is the Wimp to Amy's Bully; however, Samey eventually learns to stand up for herself.
- Butt-Monkey: To the extreme, thanks to Amy.Chris: I was worried about cruelty to animals during this challenge, but I'm fine with cruelty to Samey.
- Cat Fight: She gets involved in one with Amy twice in "A Blast from the Past." However, the first fight is the reason for Samey's elimination, as it allowed Sugar to win the challenge for Team Maskwak.
- Character Development: As she progressively learns to stand up to Amy. Contrast her in episode 1 and episode 5, where she started off being kicked around by her sister, but by the end, she is not afraid to fight back.
- The Chew Toy: For Amy.
- The Chick: Serves as this for Team Kinosewak, being the most compassionate member of her team.
- A Day in the Limelight: Her and Amy's conflict is focused on heavily during "Twinning Isn't Everything."
- The Dividual: With Amy.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": She wishes to be called by her real name "Sammy", but her sister calls her "Samey". Much to her chagrin, Chris decides to roll with it and states that she will be referred to as "Samey" going forward.
- The Dog Bites Back: Samey finally has enough of all the abuse she takes, and has her revenge by making Amy eat a poisonous fruit and getting eliminated in her place.
- Embarrassing Nickname: As if "Samey" wasn't a disparaging enough name, Amy manages to comes up with a new, even more embarrassing name: "Spareamy".Amy: (in the confessional) Okay, since when does anyone takes Samey's side? She's just a wannabe me, a "spare Amy"! (gasping upon realizing what she just said) Her name should be "Spareamy"! I'm going to change her birth certificate as soon as we get home!
- Expy: Just as Amy mirrors Trina Riffin, Samey takes after both Mina Beff and Corey Riffin.
- Like Mina, Samey is a nice, soft spoken girl who is forced to act as a slave to a mean girl, had her name involuntarily changed, constantly suffers both physical and verbal abuse, and eventually snaps when she is pushed too far.
- Like Corey, she is the younger sibling of a Big Sister Bully, who hates her and constantly tries to ruin, and in both cases the older sister has attempted to murder them before.
- Extreme Doormat: She allows Amy to walk all over her, up until "Twinning Isn't Everything".
- Frame-Up: How she eliminates Amy.
- Friendless Background: She tells Jasmine that she doesn't have many friends due to Amy's bullying.
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry: It reaches its climax when Amy returns in "A Blast from the Past".
- Grew a Spine: She considers standing up to Amy in "I Love You, Grease Pig!", then does so in the following episode.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: In contrast to her sister.
- The Heart: One the more compassionate campers among the third generation.
- Impersonating the Evil Twin: From "Twinning Isn't Everything" to "A Blast from the Past". During that period, Jasmine has to remind her to act "more Amy, less Samey".Samey: (as Amy is choking) Oh, ignore her! She's just trying to get sympathy. Aren't you, Samey?
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Even though they're blueish-green.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Again, see Batman Gambit above.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The Light to Amy's Dark.
- Masquerade: Of the Impersonating the Evil Twin variety. However, the masquerade ends when Amy returns for revenge.
- Meaningful Name: Her nickname is one more letter than the word "same", and arose specifically because she is the twin sister of Amy.
- Ms. Fanservice: Not to the same extent of her sister, however.
- Nice Girl: In contrast to her Jerkass sister.
- Oh, Crap!: When Amy returns for revenge.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her real name is Sammy. Amy forces the name Samey on her.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Samey's kind-hearted, bubbly, and generous demeanor is a stark contrast to her sister's cruel, egotistic, and selfish attitude.
- Punny Name: See Meaningful Name above.
- Rage Breaking Point: After enduring nearly 16 years worth of bullying from Amy, Samey's suppressed anger all comes out during her time on Pahkitew Island.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: She tries to give Amy one in front of her teammates when she finally stands up for herself; however, Amy spins the situation around so that she would appear as the victim and Samey as the mean sister.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Amy's Red.
- The Scapegoat: She always takes the blame for Amy's mistakes.Amy: I'm sweaty and disgusting! I look like you!
Samey: I'm sorry! (tries to brush Amy off) But you're the one who scared the pig.
Amy: (she slaps Samey's hand away) You beg my pardon?! Whose fault is this?!
Samey: (in a submissive tone) Mine.
Amy: Yes! Always.
- She's Got Legs: The cheerleader outfit puts much evidence in her legs.
- Shipper on Deck: For Jasmine and Shawn.
- Sibling Rivalry: Though it only begins to surface in "Twinning Isn't Everything" onwards.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: The Yin to Amy's Yang.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute:
- She's the Lindsay to Amy's Heather. Also both girls are blonde, naïve and kindhearted and described as being "bubbly".
- She's also one to Bridgette.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: In her audition, she claims that she doesn't have a sister nor is she called "Samey".
- Theme Twin Naming: Amy and Samey.
- Took a Level in Badass: At the start Samey was an Extreme Doormat to Amy who let herself get regularly abused, but by the end she physically fights her sister for her own rights.
"In my mind, I'm always running from zombies, and if you're not, you're crazy!"
Voiced by: Zachary Bennett
Teams: Waneyihtam Maskwak (Confused Bears)
- The Ace: Along with Jasmine, he excels in all areas of survival.
- Action Duo: With Jasmine, especially in "Scarlett Fever".
- Action Hero: While he's not stupid, his approach to the game centers around pulling off impressive physical feats, and kicking ass.
- Amazon Chaser: He falls for Action Girl and Statuesque Stunner Jasmine.
- Anti-Hero: Somewhere between the Disney and Classical subtypes. While he is certainly not a villain and is quite friendly to almost everyone, he has quite a few non-heroic traits, such as having a very self-centered survivalist style of thinking and being a bit of a coward.
- The Apocalypse Brings Out the Best in People: Subverted the first time where it leads to his What the Hell, Hero? moment, but the second time round he seizes the opportunity and redeems himself.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Moments after Chris told the players that they could safely navigate the crystal cave as long as they didn't take any crystals, Shawn took a crystal because it was shiny.
- Berserk Button: Any mention of the word "zombie" will either cause him to cower in fear, run for his life, or massacre anything in sight.
- Character Development: His development from a zombie-fearing Dirty Coward to an Action Hero who decimates a whole legion of Chris Robots.
- Charles Atlas Superpower:
- He trained himself to shoot "snot rockets" because he thought it might come in handy one day.
- He can also perform armpit serenades flawlessly. Chris was even moved to tears by his performance!
- Cloud Cuckoolander: He not only believes zombies are real, but that the world has already fallen to a Zombie Apocalypse, and that being situated on an isolated island will increase his chances of survival. He's also known to come up with crazy conspiracy theories that keep getting crazier.
- Cowardly Lion: He comes off as being quite cowardly or quirky, but time after time he will pull off something that shocks and amazes everyone around him.
- Dirty Coward: Has a habit of running away during challenges when he thinks he's seen any sign of a zombie. However, he slowly overcomes this trait and becomes more selfless.
- Doomsayer: One of his defining characteristics. In fact the original label he was promoted with was "The Paranoid Doomsayer".
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: The inclusion of a character with a zombie gimmick in a reality show, is itself an example of this.
- Genius Bruiser: He is one of the best fighters in the series, yet is still fairly intelligent, having an encyclopedic knowledge of wilderness survival and zombies.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In "Hurl And Go Seek!", he sacrifices himself to slow down the "zombies" in order to give Jasmine a chance to escape.
- Hypocritical Humor: When he finds out that Jasmine has claustrophobia he comments that it's sad when someone lets fear control their lives.
- Ineffectual Loner: He has nothing against his team, but he refuses to sleep with them due to his zombie paranoia.
- In-Series Nickname: He's been given the name "Zombie Boy" by Jasmine and Chris.
- Jerkass Realization: His constant badmouthing of Jasmine in the confessional comes back to bite him hard in the finale, when Chris airs all the footage for her to see.
- Jerk Justifications: His often cold, distant nature is explained as being due to him refusing to form attachments, as he considers them a weakness in a Zombie Apocalypse.
- The Leader: Share this role with Sky on Team Maskwak, depending on the episode and whether he's acting quirky or not.
- Lightning Bruiser: Shawn is a very skilled hand-to-hand combatant, but he also possesses Super Speed.
- Loners Are Freaks: Subverted. While he does go off on his own sometimes, his teammates still like him and consider him a vital part of the team.
- Love Is a Weakness: The reason he was originally reluctant to get into a relationship with Jasmine. As he believed becoming attached to her would make him hesitant to take her out should she became a zombie.
- Must Have Caffeine: This combined with his video game addiction makes him paranoid of zombies.
- Nice Hat: His toque.
- No Social Skills: Subverted, while his zombie paranoia initially came off as weird, he is fairly nice and well-liked by his team.
- Oddly Visible Eyebrows: Over the top of his toque.
- Official Couple: Becomes this with Jasmine after the merge.
- The One Guy: When it's down to the final four in Pahkitew Island.
- OOC Is Serious Business: He would rather get eaten by a zombie than form an alliance with Sugar.
- The Paranoiac: As part of his Doomsayer characterization.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Takes great pride in having worked at a bakery because his cake decorating skills allow him to camouflage himself in the wild.
- Salt and Pepper: With Jasmine.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Taking after Harold.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Played straight early on, but he learns to rise up late in the season.
- He fled when he thought Dave was going to kiss him.
- He also bails from the scene fairly often at any sign of zombies, but his best one was probably in "A Blast from the Past".Shawn: Zombies! I'm outta here!
- Ship Tease: With Jasmine.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: He has substantial focus throughout the season due to his Ship Tease with Jasmine, his friendship with Dave, his zombie gimmick, and his Character Development from a Dirty Coward Doomsayer to a selfless Action Hero. Also considering he's a finalist, this makes him the overall the most focused on contestant in Pahkitew Island.
- Super Speed: In "I Love You, I Love You Knots" as he chases after Dave, he manages to cover the distance between them of at least 10 ft, in the space of a second.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute:
- To Harold due to his personality and role in the overarching story. As both are socially awkward boys with a huge arsenal of hidden talents, both are cowards with Girly Screams, and both become involved with a much larger dark-skinned girl. Furthermore they both had to partake in a talent show, where their talent unexpectedly wowed the judge and gave them the highest score.
- His physical appearance of wearing a toque and whiskers, as well as his homeschooled background are also similar to that of Ezekiel.
- Took a Level in Badass: See Character Development above.
- What the Hell, Hero?: When he brutally knocks Jasmine into the lake using a jousting stick (having mistaken her for a zombie), she angrily hefts him up by his shirt and tells him she doesn't want to see him ever again. She remains upset for a full 4 episodes until he redeems himself by selflessly sacrificing himself for her in "Hurl and Go Seek!". Shawn almost blows his chances with Jasmine again after revealing in the confessional that he thought her plan for the money was stupid.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: As his character gimmick, Shawn is completely obsessed with the prospect of a zombie apocalypse.
- Zombie Apocalypse: He believes one has happened in "A Blast from the Past", but it was actually Amy covered in vines. A similar incident occurs in "Hurl and Go Seek!", where food-poisoning causes his friends to turn pallid and zombie-like.
"I'm not here to meet boys, I'm here to win!"
Voiced by: Sarah Podemski
Teams: Waneyihtam Maskwak (Confused Bears), Pimâpotew Kinosewak (Floating Salmon)
- Action Girl: In the first episode, she immediately displays her impressive athletic skill by sliding and flipping off of a tree in her path as she falls from the zeppelin.
- Arch-Enemy: Sugar, after "Scarlett Fever".
- Badass Adorable: See Pintsized Powerhouse.
- Balloon Belly: She gains one after she drank a large jug of mineral water as a dare. Needless to say, it wasn't pretty.Sky: (in the confessional) You know that feeling you get when a volcano is about to go off in your gut, and you have no idea which end's gonna blow? (her stomach growls) Yeah.
- Berserk Button: She does not tolerate unsportsmanlike conduct at ALL and was ready to attack Scarlett and Max for electrocuting Ella in "A Blast from the Past" (granted, Max was the one who did it, but it was Scarlett's idea).
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Years of athletic training have given her extremely strong lungs, allowing her to belch powerfully.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Averted. While seeing Ella being affectionate towards Dave clearly causes her discomfort, she doesn't hold it against either of them, and even tries to comfort Ella when Dave rejects her.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: To Ella, as she keeps her from breaking into song at inappropriate times especially after Chris threatens to kick Ella off the show if she sang again.
- Determinator: Absolutely determined to win at (almost) any cost.
- Erotic Dream: Downplayed a bit due to this being a kid's show but she had one about a muscled up Dave in episode 7.
- Expy: Of Jen Masterson.
- Gasshole: She belches when she is nervous, especially around a guy she likes. Her talent for the talent show was being able to belch forcefully enough to destroy objects, with Improbable Aiming Skills to boot, destroying two targets with a single belch while Chris sat unharmed between them.Sky: All my Olympic training makes my abs and diaphragm ridiculously strong. When I really load up on carbonated water, I can burp out a campfire.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: Her necklace, part of her blouse, and her high tops.
- Guile Hero: Usually subverted, but she attempts to be this way to Sugar in "Pahk'd with Talent". She briefly crosses over into Manipulative Bitch territory when she uses Dave's feelings for her in the finale.
- She says in "A Blast from the Past" that she doesn't like underhanded playing... Cut to three episodes later and she's playing dirty as well.
- She expects her competitors to be sportsmanlike, yet she's prone to becoming a Sore Loser.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: A variation: "I'm not here to meet boys, I'm here to win!"
- I Did What I Had to Do: Rejecting Dave at the merge to focus on the competition. She didn't want to, but his Sanity Slippage was starting to affect her as well.
- Innocently Insensitive: In "Mo Monkey Mo Problems", Sky is elated to hear that Dave likes her; however, this revelation is the reason why Ella showed up to the meeting area depressed. Sky tries to be more sensitive to Ella's feelings but fails.
- Just Friends: How she attempts to view her relationship with Dave. Unfortunately, in the finale, Dave doesn't take the news of Sky already having a boyfriend outside of the game lightly.
- The Leader: Shares this role with Shawn on Team Maskwak, depending on the episode and whether or not Shawn is acting quirky. See Reasonable Authority Figure.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The light to Sugar's dark.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: To Dave.
- Motivational Kiss: To Dave in final.
- Nice Girl: She's friendly and compassionate. However she does have a strong competitive streak that surfaces throughout the season and becomes more overt in the final few episodes, where she acts fairly catty towards her main opponent Shawn ("Wow, English much?") and throws an outright temper tantrum at one point.
- Only Sane Woman: She is the only member on Team Maskwak with any common sense.
- Opposites Attract: With Dave.
- Passionate Sports Girl: As you can tell from her title.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: She's the smallest girl in the season and one of the most physically capable contestants overall.
- Plucky Girl: Sky strives to see the best in people. She can be encouraging and will give advice to those who require it. However, she is firmly, and sometimes aggressively, against anyone who exhibits foul play. She also faces difficulty when her nerves and emotions get the better of her and cloud her judgement.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Even though she didn't necessarily agree with the idea of building a wizard tower in "So, Uh This Is My Team?", she went along with it because the majority of the team wanted to build it and she felt it was better to build something rather than nothing.
- Second Place Is for Losers: As a Passionate Sports Girl, she has a strong belief in this.
- Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Trailer: Her audition tape (along with Shawn's) was never shown alongside the rest of the participants', though for a very good reason. Her audition tape reveals that she has a boyfriend named Keith, who she wished to break up with but didn't have time to, and during the season finale Chris shows this tape to Dave, which kick-starts the latter's FaceHeel Turn.
- Ship Tease: With Dave.
- Sore Loser: Threw a temper tantrum when she thought she was about to lose to Dave and Jasmine in the finale.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: She has a substantial amount of focus in the season, especially her Ship Tease with Dave, as well as her involvement with the Ella-Sugar conflict, which eventually results in her own rivalry with the latter.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Subverted. Once she and Dave are placed on separate teams, she's pressured into turning against him for the sake of the competition, and their relationship begins to deteriorate from this point onwards.
- Super Speed: In an adrenaline rush, she puts on an inhuman burst of speed in "Pahk'd With Talent".
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute:
- Early on she was frequently compared to Zoey. Due to her physical appearance, her Action Girl persona, and to some extent, her relationship with Dave.
- She's also similar to Courtney as both are fierce competitors who value winning over relationships and friendships.
- Team Mom: She holds her team together, and tends to their individual problems when required.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: While she actively loves sports, she won't shy away from romantic interactions with Dave.
- Tsundere: Type B towards Dave at first; however, it turns into Type A as the season goes on.
- Tsurime Eyes
- Cool Big Bro
- Cool People Rebel Against Authority
- Nice Hat
- Momma's Boy: Wataru's close to Zoey as Selene's close to Mike.
- Prince Charming: To Ella and he's the prince and future King of Harmonia.
- Strong Family Resemblance:
- Wataru is the identical son of Mike/ King Alois except the former has red hair, one brown eye and one golden eye, and pale skin. Right now, he's posing as Mike's fraternal but identical twin brother.
- Also according to Cameron, Wataru's a mixture of Raven and Artemis, which was why Selene was so close to them when she first developed them.
- Mismatched Eyes: Well in his right eye while both in his dragon/mascot fairy form.