Characters for Era 2 of the Alleyverse.
Click here to go back to the character index.
Amber IneAn older man, business partner of Yzabet.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Is a Yolen dragon. He can shape shift, but can't go into full dragon form as he has an injury.
Araha SollusA young woman who became a surgebinder after bonding with an honorspren named Ran.
- Confusion Fu: Her main fighting style which combines the circular motions of ChayShan, the glow of stormlight, and having Ran superimpose herself onto Araha. She incorporates a lot of misdirection and distraction in her attacks.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Was orphaned in the Seven Day War, and is repressing her memories about those.
- Deadpan Snarker: Not Araha herself, but her spren Ran, who is more mature, but when she cracks a joke, it's usually a quip.
- Emotion Suppression: Does this when faced with an exceedingly stressful situation and does her best to suppress emotions until the threat has passed.
- Foil: To Damaya. Both were orphaned at the Seven Day War, but whereas Damaya was adopted by an unstable woman who later married a husband that was abusive toward Damaya and trained her by beating her, Araha was adopted by a single man who trained her to defend herself. Furthermore, Damaya is reluctant with Coru whereas Araha is friends with Ran to the point of seeing her as a sister.
- Happily Adopted: After being rescued, was taken in by a kind older man who taught her how to defend herself and the basics of the Alleyverse's rules.
- Genki Girl: Under normal circumstances, she is a cheery girl, who knows how to talk to people, but sometimes fumbles over her own words.
- The Tease: Downplayed. Likes to tease younger men as she finds their reactions usually funny, but when confronted with even an implication of anything sexual will be embarrassed and blush a lot.
- Weak, but Skilled: Had been training in a ChayShan-based martial art for more than 12 years, but is physically just as strong as an athletic woman, who in the context of the world isn't that strong. She can inhale stormlight to make her marginally stronger, but her best weapons are her combat prowess.
DamayaA young woman who was orphaned in the Seven Day War. She bonded with a Cryptic named Corundum.
- Abusive Parents: Damaya's adoptive mother and her husband.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Damaya was orphaned in the Seven Day War and was adopted by a woman who used her as a Replacement Goldfish and later married. The husband trained Damaya to use her powers by beating her heavily then letting her breathe in stormlight to heal, all because he wanted Damaya to use her illusion powers to pull off the ultimate scam.
- Foil: To Araha. See her entry.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Dislikes having her powers, and is reluctant to speak with Corundum as she believes that the power only leads those that have it to suffering.
DerasA Lifeless man looking for clues about who he was when he was alive and why he was created.
- Amnesiac Hero: Does not remember anything from before his creation, though has flashes of certain specific memories.
- Anti-Magic: Downplayed. Deras has aluminum injected into his bones which give him resistance to certain forms of Investiture.
- Feel No Pain: As a Lifeless, he does not feel pain.
- Foil: To Araha. See her entry.
- Healing Factor: Has a strong, but slow healing factor bestowed upon him with a hemalurgic spike from a low Epic with regeneration powers. Can inject ichor-alcohol to temporarily boost his healing.
- Horrifying Hero: Wishes to help people when he can, but he's a Lifeless and has numerous hemalurgic spikes in his body which have a stigma associated with them after the Seven Day War. Only helped by covering himself with a tattered cloak.
- Lightning Bruiser: Strong and fast due to his strength enhancing spikes, and is Made of Iron.
- Made of Iron: Due to his status as a Lifeless and his Healing Factor.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Is a Lifeless with numerous hemalurgic spikes granting him different abilties, but is completely sapient does not exhibit any of the behaviors of regular zombies.
- Psychic Powers: Has two spikes that grant this. He can shield his and other's minds like an Aviar and can detect other minds that don't have cognitive shielding like a Patji predator.
- Quest for Identity: Specifically trying to find out who created him and who he was before he became a Lifeless.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Has only begun learning combat basics recently, but is fast and strong enough to lift a Heavy Bolter in one hand, and bend a sheet of metal several feet thick.
- Unstoppable Rage: Can become enraged after fighting for a while, attracting ragespren, little red floating flames which gives him an intense red aura.
- Spider-Sense: Has a minor Epic danger sense bestowed upon him by a hemalurgic spike.