Magenta Diamond universe
open/close all folders
Diamond Tiara/Magenta Diamond
- Adaptational Kindness: Diamond Tiara from Mainline Equestria was a spiteful bully. Here, she's the Gem equivalent of royalty, incredibly powerful, and much kinder.
- Aliens Among Us: Is actually a Gem, namely a Diamond, who was sent to Equestria to keep her out of the Homeworld's hands. She was unaware of this until the Gems returned.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Her true form is 50 feet tall. This ironically means she's considerably larger than her 'mother' Pink Diamond (though still shorter than Blue and Yellow). According to Word of God, this is because she absorbed Equestrian magic while incubating.
- Battle Aura: Like the other Diamonds, she has one. In her case it's magenta and shaped like flames, which can cause Gems, even ones normally immune to fire, to feel like they're being burned if she attacks with them.
- Exotic Eye Designs: While she normally has pony eyes, but in her true form and using her Diamond aura she has Diamond shaped pupils like the other Diamonds.
- Fusion Dance: Like all Gems, she's physically capable of doing this, but is struggling with learning it. She finally manages to do it with Silver Spoon/Silver Pearl to form Grey Musgravite.
- Goo Goo Godlike: Is mentally and physically a child (though the latter is simply a Shapeshifter Default Form), but is also the Gem equal of an Alicorn.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Admits she's jealous of Steven for having progressed so much further than her despite her being the Gem equal of an Alicorn.
- How Do I Shot Web?: She has no clue what most of her powers are, ironically due to being a Diamond and thus not 'preprogrammed' to the extent of normal Gems, and being each Diamond is unique, her unique powers are exclusive to her.
- Magic Staff: Her Gem Weapon is a scepter capable of firing energy blasts.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Is aware her fellow Diamonds are the Big Bad threat of Steven's world and has no intention of being anything like them. The fact she began to act like them while furious at Discord is part of what snaps her out of her Unstoppable Rage. This is part of the reason she doesn't mind learning Rose Quartz shattered her creator Pink Diamond (or so it seemed).
- Mysterious Past: While her general backstory is known, what no one in universe knows is how a new Diamond appeared on Earth in the first place. One theory was she came into being because Pink Diamond was shattered, but that was disproved eventually.
- One-Winged Angel: Her true Diamond form is this, considering she goes from her filly sized Shapeshifter Default Form to a 50 foot tall adult Alicorn (mainly due to that being what her mind associates with a Diamond's role). She's also much more powerful in that form, or at least has an easier time using her power.
- Physical God: She's a Diamond, and noted as being monstrously powerful if she actually masters her powers.
- Playing with Fire: Like the other Diamonds, she has an elemental themed ability in the form of a magenta fire-like Battle Aura. These flames don't physically burn things, merely makes a Gem's body believe it's being burned, but can 'burn' things normally immune to them.
- Shapeshifter Default Form: Turns out her normal appearance is one of these: she turned into it when she emerged thanks to Rose Quartz. She's still trying to figure out how to shapeshift at will.
- Staff of Authority: Her Gem Weapon is a scepter and she's a Diamond.
- Super-Strong Child: Due to what she really is, she's incredibly physically strong.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Genuinely didn't know she was an alien until the Gems showed up.
- Unstoppable Rage: After Discord accidentally permanently turns Silver Spoon into a Pearl (which messes with her personality and mind), Diamond snaps and goes completely berserk, to the point of transforming into her true Diamond form and nearly going through Steven to get to Discord. Silver snaps her out of it though.
- Winged Unicorn: Her true form, rather than being an over 50 foot tall woman, is a 50 foot tall Alicorn due to her subconsciously associating that with the role. After reverting from her true form for the first time, she decides to keep them.
- Wrong Context Magic: Doesn't fit cleanly into either setting's systems exactly. She's a Gem and has their powers, but due to incubating in Equestria absorbed magic there, which is why she has a Cutie Mark. This is also why she's so much larger than her 'mother' Pink Diamond.
Steven Quartz Universe
- Barrier Warrior: Has the ability to create barriers and shields as in his original series.
- Cheerful Child: As in his original series.
- Fusion Dance: Can fuse with Connie to become Stevonnie and Amethyst to become Smokey Quartz.
- Go Through Me: Jumps between Diamond and Discord when she's trying to take revenge on Discord for what happened to Silver Spoon.
- Action Girl: Takes part in the Invasion Arc battle and keeps plenty of tail, both as herself and as Stevonnie.
- Battle Couple: With Steven.
- Fusion Dance: Fuses with Steven into Stevonnie and fights as them during the invasion.
- Vehicular Turnabout: Hijacks one of the invading Flim Flam Brothers' Dragon Killer Tanks and turns it against them.
- Fusion Dance: Her and Pearl's fusion Opal has appeared, as has her fusion with Steven, Smokey Quartz. During the Invasion Arc, she fuses with Garnet and Pearl to become Alexandrite.
- Adaptational Badass: Has saw and been far more effective in combat than canon, which is in part due to the writer of most of the Steven Universe-centered aspects views her as underutilized in the show and wanted to do more with her.
- Large Ham: As in canon, she definitely comes off as this. The native Rainbow Dash describes her as being like Twilight and Trixie had a child.
- Shapeshifter Default Form: As in canon, she can't shapeshift, but Twilight gave her an enchanted crystal to change her form to a pony.
- Stop Hitting Yourself: Uses her metal manipulation power to make Yetis do this to themselves by manipulating their armor.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Asks Discord to make her a Gem so she can understand Diamond better and fuse with her. Due to lack of knowledge on Discord and her parts, it doesn't turn out that well.
- Fusion Dance: The entire reason she became a Gem so she could fuse with Diamond Tiara. She eventually does so to form Grey Musgravite.
- Happiness in Slavery: Makes a deal with Discord to become a Gem, namely a Pearl. As in canon, Pearls are a Slave Race. As such, a combination of her own submissive personality and the programming Pearls come with as their 'factory settings', she becomes this trope. She grows a bit from this, but still has elements of it.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Her Gem Weapon is a shield.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Her true form is 70 feet tall, or comparably the same height as Blue and Yellow Diamond.
- Fusion Dance: Of Silver Pearl and Diamond Tiara. Her decision to add grey to her name while looking at Pearl implies Diamond and a Pearl will always create a Musgravite. Though Word of God has stated that she's a different fusion than Rainbow Quartz, as Magenta is a different Diamond than Steven, but Silver and Steven would still create a Rainbow Quartz.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Her Gem weapon is leg mounted kite shield with an energy beam cannon from Diamond's staff.
- Meaningful Name: She chooses her name because it's a Gem rarer than a Diamond, and she's a Diamond fusion.
- Mundane Utility: She's first formed just to let her components have fun together.
- Physical God: As a Diamond is part of her, she's this, being powerful enough to actually harm Lavan's final form and while still slightly weaker able to fight him on much more even footing. According to Word of God, she's roughly on par with Blue Diamond.
- Recoil Boost: Diamond always had trouble using her energy beam due to the massive recoil. Musgravite exploits it by firing hers away from Lavan and launching herself at him for a super powerful buck.
- Semi-Divine: Half of her is a Diamond.
- The Beast Master: Is able to force Corrupted Gems to obey her.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Follows Hydia's coven's mentality, and thus is one.
- Co-Dragons: To Lavan along with General Obsidian.
- Familiar: Has a skunk named Rancor as one, which she can see through. This is her downfall, as the connection between the two severally weakens her when he's beaten and teleported out of range.
- Fantastic Drug: Is a Witch Weed user. This screws her over as she becomes addicted like Catrina did, and so when the heroes snatch and play keep away with her stash of it, she's distracted from protecting her familiar. As Twilight says: she chained herself to a potion.
- Wicked Witch: Is styled as one, and even does the laugh.
- Body Horror: Tests becoming a Gem Hybrid on himself before it's attempted on Lavan (to repair his Came Back Wrong status) to make sure it will work. As he wasn't born with it like Steven or missing pieces of his body like Lavan is, the results are...rather horrifying to say the least.
- Co-Dragons: To Lavan along with Walpurgis.
- Magma Man: Is a Lava Demon like Lavan.
- One-Winged Angel: Walpurgis merges him with a Jasper Gem, turning him into a monstrous hybrid. This drastically increases his power enough to take on all the Crystal Gems, both Twilights, and Shining Forge at the same time and is only defeated when Diamond awakens her Battle Aura power.
- Undying Loyalty: Is devoutly loyal to Lavan.
- Arc Villain: Is the main villain of the arc taking place in his world.
- Back from the Dead: Is resurrected by Walpurgis and Obsidian.
- Came Back Wrong: His resurrection wasn't perfect. Due to not having all of his remains, his body is incomplete and thus despite having his crystal form, he can't maintain it for long as the majority of his power is needed to hold himself together. Walpurgis captures Steven and studies his hybrid physiology in order to find out how to merge him with a Gem and fix this.
- Escaped from Hell: Was summoned back up from Tartarus by Walpurgis.
- Half-Human Hybrid: After it turns out his body is incomplete, the plan becomes to merge him with a Gem to make him a hybrid like Steven to correct it. They succeed by making him a Topaz hybrid, resulting in him going One-Winged Angel.
- Magma Man: As a Lava Demon, this is naturally the case.
- No-Sell: Magenta's aura flames don't effect him despite being a Gem Hybrid because he's been in Hell and suffered worse pain.
- One-Winged Angel: Still has his crystal form, but can't use it due to most of his power being devoted to holding his incomplete body together. Once he's hybridized with a Topaz Gem and complete, he finally can with the added aspects of being a Gem hybrid, growing into a 70 foot tall giant powerful enough to overwhelm Alexandrite and Magenta at once.
- Orcus on His Throne: Spends most of the arc post resurrection in the background giving orders. Justified, as his body is incomplete due to a botched resurrection, and thus most of his power is devoted to holding his body together. Once they manage to complete him by merging him and a Topaz Gem, he instantly goes on the offensive and proves a huge threat.
- Person of Mass Destruction: At his full power, he throws nature out of balance just by existing and triggers cataclysms all over Equestria.
- Villain Song: Sings a version of his original one, "Here's To Power", upon becoming complete.