Several of the characters in Ephemeral Prince also appear in Star Stealing Prince. For tropes that apply to the characters introduced in Star Stealing Prince, see Characters/StarStealingPrince.
- Parental Substitute: To Canan and Rhea; while Canan's father is still around, her mother isn't and neither of Rhea's parents are around.
- Sacrificial Lion: Very important to the early chapters, but then she is last seen in Chapter 10. Next time she is heard of is in Chapter 15, where Beliaz tells the protagonists that she's been executed.
- Braids of Action
- Dishing Out Dirt / Making a Splash / An Ice Person
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Rhea.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: She and her brother are rather opposite; Canan is generally calm and Iain's more impulsive.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She, her brother, and their father all look very similar.
- Fiery Redhead
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Canan.
- Shock and Awe / Blow You Away
- Tomboyish Ponytail
IainCanan's older brother.
- Innocently Insensitive: Frequently. Whether it being insisting on cooking breakfast for Rhea without realizing that she'd really been wanting to cook breakfast for him instead, or, more unfortunately, bringing out lightning during a sparring match with Snowe, unaware that lightning has some very unpleasant associations for Snowe.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Is more impulsive than his sister.
- Shock and Awe / Blow You Away / Making a Splash / An Ice Person
- Strong Family Resemblance: To Canan and Ciran.
CiranCanan and Iain's father.
- Parental Substitute: To Rhea.
- Strong Family Resemblance: To Canan and Iain.
- Playing with Fire
- The Worf Effect: He beat and nearly killed someone who could kill lords without even looking at them. Apparently, even Soan is scared of him.
LorinThe Crown Princess of Norin
'The lion'The former king of Norin
- The Ghost: He was mentioned several times, but that's about it. In fleeting and permanance, he is long dead by the time the main characters reach Alsan.
- Posthumous Character: He was killed by Xiri in fleeting and by Soan in permanance before he was ever referenced in the story.
- Blood Knight: He was so eager to find Worthy opponents to fight that he offered his kingdom and his daughters hand to anyone who managed to beat him in a duel to the death.
MinaCiran's late wife.
- Mama Bear: According to Ciran. Apparently her threatening to kill a lord over them wanting to take Canan and Iain away was what got her killed.
- Missing Mom: Is this to Iain and Canan.
- Posthumous Character
- Paper-Thin Disguise: He's actually a demon. Even though his eyes and skin looked human in his disguise, the Pointy Ears should have given it away, as they apparently did for Erio, but all he got were some suspicious looks from lords.
RiverRichard and Vera's daughter.
- Energy Being: They're actually balls of runes inside of humanoid bodies.
- Light Is Not Good: They aren't exactly good people, and most lords that are introduced are very antagonistic and even sadistic.
- Our Angels Are Different: They live in the sky, they control light, and they're supernatural beings. But they don't have wings, and the only physical difference between them and humans is their Pointy Ears and Supernatural Gold Eyes.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Most of their antagonism towards Lina and Edgar was for the sake of preventing a prophecy where their child will destroy the world. Unfortunately, their actions against the couple, Xiri, and Soan resulted in a chain of events that fulfilled the prophecy. And in response, Beliaz resorts to his own extremism to undo their mess.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: One of the few lords who is actually friendly.
- FaceHeel Turn: While he still has the best interests of his friends in mind, he tricks Snowe and eats Xiri in order to gain control of the Crown.
- Light 'em Up / Playing with Fire
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: Did it once with Snowe and now plans on doing it again on himself.
- Stepford Smiler: Most noticeable in Permanence. Probably Type A.
- This is also why his plan is doomed to fail. As shown from his dream world, he can't maintain a clear enough mind to use the Crown properly.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes
- Think Happy Thoughts: He does this constantly in order to avoid breaking under Zuan's torture. According to his dream world, it didn't work very well.
- Token Good Teammate: Along with Siraz. Somewhat subverted after his FaceHeel Turn.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He wants to use Xiri and the Crown to jump back in time so he can prevent the story's Disaster Dominoes. However, doing so will most likely destabilize the world further like when he sent Snowe back in time.
- A Hero to His Hometown: The people of Morzin like him, but he doesn't exactly have a lot of fans anywhere else.
- Bad Boss: To Beliaz, though it's implied that many of the other lords would have treated him even worse.
- Just Following Orders: He sometimes tries to justify his actions by saying the crown ordered him to do it, and that he doesn't have a choice, even though he's against it. Everyone thinks it's just an act to make himself look better.
- Master Swordsman: According to Beliaz.
- People Puppets: Can do this by manipulating the electric signals in the brain.
- Pet the Dog: He had occasions where he's nice to Beliaz and it's implied that most of the abuse is due to orders from other lords.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes
- The Dragon: To Rizec.
- The Man Behind the Man: He tricked Soan into distrusting and eating Xiri in order to trap the latter. Worse yet, he isn't even at the top of the Lord food chain, so there are even more people behind the overall plot.
- Big Bad: Along with Greater-Scope Villain. Due to his seniority in the Crown, he would be the former trope if he wasn't Killed Off for Real. He qualifies for the second trope for SSP, since he and the lords forced Edgar and Lina out of Sabine for marrying without their permission. He also ordered Zuan to trick Soan, meaning he is responsible for every antagonist in SSP.
- Hate Sink: Between ruining Edgar and Lina's lives, arranging for Xiri to be trapped in Soan, and killing Hiante, there is nothing likable about this character.
- Healing Factor
- Hero Killer: Manages to kill Hiante.
- Playing with Fire / Shock and Awe
- Uriah Gambit: He sent Zuan to manipulate Soan in the hopes that he either succeeds (which happens) or gets killed before he can improve his standing in the Crown.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes
- White Hair, Black Heart: He has white hair and he's a sadistic Jerkass who is responsible for many of the misfortunes in this series.
- An Ice Person / Shock and Awe
- Healing Factor
- Out-Gambitted: Not only do Soan and Zilia sneak to the Crown under her nose, but Ciran hires water elemental guards to get around her freezing ability.
- People Puppets: Can do this by manipulating the blood in a person's body.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes
SephiThe lord in charge of the temple of Barina
- Complexity Addiction: her plan to kill Snowe was to enter his mind, Drag Astra into it, then turn all of Xiri's desire to kill her onto Snowe, causing his power to kill him. This concluded with Snowe getting his throat slit, but erio managed to heal it. It would have been far simpler for her to slit his throat by herself when his guard was down.
- Dark Is Not Evil: None of these characters are bad people.
- Energy Being: Their structure is similar to the Lords.
- Our Demons Are Different: They live Beneath the Earth, and they control the dark element, but no demon worth mentioning is evil, and the only physical difference between them and humans is their Pointy Ears and black Sclera.
SoriaErio's older sister.
- The Ghost: In Star Stealing Prince and its short stories she is mentioned a few times but she only directly affects the story once and does so offscreen. In Ephemeral Prince she finally makes an appearance.
- Gondor Calls for Aid: In Star Stealing Prince, Erio calls upon her help in the Sepulcher to save him and his companions. She does.
- Promotion to Parent: Soria was the one raising Erio before he pretty much went missing.
- Refusal of the Call: The summons that Erio answered was actually intended for Soria, but she made fun of Edgar and refused to answer it.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Apparently the fact that she's Erio's sister is easy to tell at a glance; they look very similar and even share some mannerisms in common.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: And black sclerae (demon and all.)
- Tranquil Fury: She's not pleased to have to interact with Snowe, whom she blames for Erio's death, but she's amazingly calm about it all things considered.
- You Should Have Died Instead: More or less what she's really saying when she tells Snowe that if Erio had just cut him a bit deeper he could be home now.
ZiliaSoria and Erio's mother.
- I Gave My Word: She once promised to never personally harm a lord. This is why she needed Soan's help in invading the crown. She needed him to fight the lords and their leaders for her while she protected him in order to technically preserve her promise.
- Story-Breaker Power: She is one, if not the most powerful character in the setting. If she wasn't asleep for most of the story, and if she didn't make a promise to not harm a lord, the story would have been a lot shorter. She could have got Xiri out of Snowe before he died, since it was implied she could do that, or she could have killed and revive Astra with Xiri's help to break the spell. These are only Two possibilities.