open/close all folders
Ameri-Do-Te Dojo Characters
The arrogant kung fu master that despises all other martial arts and teaches the street lethal Ameri-Do-Te. Portrayed by Matt Page.
- Acting for Two: In showdown at the dojo, he gets into an argument with Matt Page.
- The Ace: He has his moments though a lot of times it can seem like he is talking out of his ass but he proves a few times of what he is capable of. In season 4, Master Ken demonstrates an abililty to somehow steal bullets from guns without using any physical measures.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Obviously and to absurd levels sometimes.
- Badass Mustache: Though his hairstyle changes throughout the series, he always wears an eighties style moustache.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: For all his eccentricities, the series suggests he actually does have the potential to be an excellent martial artist; he's in great shape and demonstrates pretty good fundamentals when he has to. However, he's too egotistic and easily-bored to actually commit to learning any given martial art.
- Catchphrase: "Bullshit!" And "Re-stomp the groin."
- Groin Attack: His most typical solution to any situation.
- Hypocrite: Hates other martial arts but freely admits that Ameri-Do-Te is made up from parts of other martial arts.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: His self-proclaimed mastery is something he holds with the utmost seriousness, even though most of his techniques are complete nonsense and it's very clear that his teaching methods do not work. It's suggested that he has a surface-level understanding of a lot of different disciplines, and he uses that surface-level knowledge to dismiss everything except Ameri-Do-Te as bullshit.
- Nightmare Face: He calls it the kill face and believe it is lethal to look at. Only Cynthia, Steven and one other student was actually affected by it.
- Super Speed: Master Ken demonstrates this at least three times. First he suddenly appears behind Anthony despite being in his line of sight, and in one of his demonstration videos, he attacks Todd with 100 attacks in one second and later does 200 hits in one second.
- Too Many Belts: In more recent technique demonstration videos, Ken can be seen wearing at least three belts at any one time.
Billy is the senior student and utterly loyal to Master Ken who puts him through hell. Portrayed by Ben Ziegler.
- Butt-Monkey: Goes through a lot of punishment.
- Covert Pervert: It's all but stated that he helps out with the "rape prevention" courses so that he can get the opportunity to grope, straddle, and hump women.
- Gass Hole: Done twice, the second time gets him arrested for assault.
- Iron Butt Monkey: Survives what would kill or permanently incapacitate a normal human.
- Kneel Before Zod: When Ken does his kill face, Cynthia cries, Rachel smiles, Anthony is unimpressed and two others outright collapse but Billy kneels which suits his role as loyal to a man who is essentially like a villain in that he teaches highly dangerous and fatal moves with little to no regard for other's safety or life.
- Made of Iron: During one episode where everyone has to place their hand above a flame to test their endurance, Billy simply puts his hand on the metal grate without flinching.
- Number Two: Is the most senior student, has his own robe colors and is often used as a demonstration to the class.
- Oblivious to Love: He completely misses the (often very obvious) signs that Cynthia is into him.
- Undying Loyalty: At first, later its subverted as in season four he gets passed up for a promotion and is jealous of Todd, who has been spending more time with Master Ken and has become the go to guy for demonstrations.
Rachel is the most aggressive of the student and enjoys seeing the others, especially Anthony, suffer. Portrayed by Rachel Hroncich.
- Admiring the Abomination: Smiles and nods at Ken's kill face.
- Blood Knight: Is definitely the one that enjoys the violence. Rachel even encourages vicious behavior from her fellow students, giving Lindsey coins to put in a pillow to hit her husband with.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Does odd things to help her train. In season four, she keeps things in her nether regions so that if she was raped, her muscles would castrate them.
- Groin Attack: Loves doing this to others, and in episode she drags Anthony across the mat by his groin.
The one sane man of the students and as a result, stands out from the more insane ones. Anthony only attends the dojo because its two minutes from his home and is cheaper and more entertaining than a movie. Portrayed by Alex Knight.
- Aside Glance: He frequently does this especially after hearing something outrageous by Ken.
- Butt-Monkey: Gets punished a lot by Ken or Rachel.
- Dead Pan Snarker: Enjoys doing this to Ken whenever the latter comes up with outlandish techniques.
- Only Sane Man: Out of the students, Anthony is this, though the film crew and a few other characters are aware of how insane Master Ken is.
A seemingly cute and harmless woman but has creepy side. Portrayed by Juliet Lopez
Todd is the human punchbag of the series, as demotrated in the...well demostration videos where he has been hit in the groin over hundred times. Portayed by Joseph Conway.
- Ascended Extra: Just a background character more or less in the first series but his continued role in the demonstration videos has made him more prominant to the point that the facebook image for Master Ken/enter the dojo profile has Todd side by side with Master Ken.
- Hidden Depths: During the demonstration videos where Ken first hits Todd 100 times in 1 second and later 200 times in 1 second, both of which have to be shown at "super slow motion" to see, Todd is reacting, moving and interacting at the same speed as Ken, meaning he is proficient at Ameri-Do-te super-speed too.
- Iron Butt Monkey: Has his eye gouged out in one video but he is fine by the next demostration video.
- Made of Iron: Perhaps more so than Billy as he taken a lot more damage by Master Ken.
- Sanity Slippage: Before the show as he mentions in season four that he has been certified as insane, the constant beatens he has taken to the head from Master Ken probably didn't help.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gives one to Billy in season four due to an offscreen Noodle Incident that landed Billy in jail and absent for 6 months.
A hand model who wears latex gloves int he dojo so that his hands don't get messed up. Portrayed by Zach Dulin.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Wearing latex gloves to a dojo is strange to say the least and this bites him in the ass when he tries to act tough during the bbq test.
- Put on a Bus: Isn't seen in later season like four, there is may be a case of Real Life Writes the Plot as the actors do the gig for free and don't live near where the series is filmed.
A seriously unstable woman obsessed with Anthony, more unstable than even Cynthia. Portrayed by Lauren Myers.
- Stalker with a Crush: For Anthony.
Jake is Anthony's counterpart in the tournament.
- Only Sane Man: Eventually revealed to be this, he comes off aggressive but its just to please Fiona, and begs Anthony to help throw the fight the fight so that he can be free of her.
- Good All Along: See above, his aggression is just an act as he is actually a nice who had the rotten luck to get in a relationship with Fiona.
Kevin The Homeless Guy
A one time character that wins the respect of Rachel and Billy. Portrayed by Ron Weisberg.
Master Lin Da
Master Ken's rival who initially seems to be more orthodox but turns out to be just like Ken, complete with his own version of Cloud Cuckoo Lander students.
- Bait-and-Switch: When introduced, Lin Da seems like a more serious martial artist but it quickly becomes apparent that he is not that different from Ken and he has his own set of unhinged students. In season four, he conspires with Billy to steal from Ken's dojo.
- Not So Different: Is just as eccentric as Master Ken.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Wears guyliner and perfume, he tries to humorously justify this to Billy.
- Similar Squad: Lin Da's students are pretty much near identical counterparts for Ken's group.
A dwarf who is initially seems sensible but eventually reveals himself to be hedonistic and obnoxious. Portrayed by Hugh Elliot.
- Evil Brit: Mentions that he from Britain and in his later appearances is definitely an Ass.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Played with, he says the only reason he hasn't closed the dojo is because Master Ken is his third cousin.
- Flanderization: Possibly, while he was snarky and rude in his first appearances, he is even more of a deviant in his next.
A yoga student suffered from polio. Portrayed by Efrain Villa.
- No-Sell: Master Ken was unable to do anything to him. Until he got out a hack saw and then he finally he started freaking.
A yoga instructor who shares the dojo with Master Ken but their business agreement comes to a ahead in the season three finale where there is no longer room for both of them. Portrayed by Kara Babb.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: For all her mediation and yoga practises, she loses her temper quite easily.