His personality is usually bright, cheerful, and friendly, but he hates it when people treat him like a kid and call him cute. He is highly self-conscious of himself in the role of the older figure, getting his underclassmen to call him "big bro" and showing concern for them.
His movements are very flexible, like a small animal's. As a part of the Broadcasting Committee, he manages the school broadcast program. He speaks with a lisp and greatly fumbles with his words when nervous. Leader of the unit Ra✽bits.
- Animal Motifs: Rabbits. He's a member of the unit Ra*bits, owns a pet rabbit, and one of his surname's kanji means "rabbit" and he draws a rabbit instead of the character in his autograph. His reddish eyes also allude to those of albino rabbits.
- Broken Bird: Nazuna is revealed to have been reduced to a mute in the Marionette's Memories event due to Shu, mostly out of his problem with stuttering often which had long been there before he joined Valkyrie and also because of Nazuna's voice changing because of puberty, letting himself be reduced to being a complete puppet. He says that it's as if he's not even living at all and begs for someone to tell him a reason to be alive once, so he won't be Shu's perfect doll anymore. He didn't leave Valkyrie for a while because of Mika and even though he is feeling this way, there's still some happiness in his days with Valkyrie. It was only after meeting Ra*Bits that he had gotten better and finally pursued his own happiness.
- Berserk Button: Don't call him cute and do not treat him like a kid.
- Big Brother Instinct: The whole idea behind his "Nii-chan" nickname. He's doing a good job of it, especially towards his juniors in Ra*bits and Broadcasting Committee. He also has this towards Mika, his former unitmate, who appropriately calls him "Nazuna-nii."
- Declaration of Protection: He says this word for word if anyone asks for his help. Also to Anzu in his "Sweet Words" voiced line.Nazuna: Nii-chan will protect you too!
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Tanabata reveals Kaoru has mistakenly flirted with him in the past, thinking he was a girl. The Toy Box scout story also has Mitsuru overhear a child mistaking Nazuna for a girl wearing boys' clothes. Taken Up to Eleven when the remaining members of Ra*Bits first met him in the Marionette's Memories event, they mistook him for one due to his long hair which he has now cut into an asymmetrical style to avert this.
- Fairy Tale Motif: With the events following Marionette's Memories, he has a motif to Pinocchio. A puppet that eventually becomes a real boy, in the same way he eventually decided to cut away from being a puppet to be himself.
- Freudian Excuse: His insistance upon being seen as a Cool Big Bro and The Reliable One are justified after it's revealed that he was an Extreme Doormat during his time at Valkyrie. He was mute, impassive and complied to Shu's orders all the time.
- Important Haircut: He cut his hair after joining Ra*Bits to cut off his ties from Valkyrie and also to tell Shu that he will not be a puppet anymore.
- In-Series Nickname: Gets some of these. The Ra*bits members calls him "Nii-chan", Izumi calls him "Nazunyan", Wataru calls him "little rabbit" and Leo calls him "Nazu".
- Speech Impediment: Sometimes, usually when he's surprised or rushing his words, he starts to have a noticeable lisp or slur his words together.
- The Napoleon: Not that he has a bad temper, but Nazuna's the shortest among the third years. He is usually nice and friendly unless his Berserk Button is pushed.
- Older Than They Look: When Subaru first met Nazuna in the main story, he mistook him for a first year and couldn't believe he's actually older than him. There's also the fact despite being the oldest in Ra*bits, he's also the shortest in height.
- Only Sane Man: He and Kuro play this role in their class 3-B, which has the Three Oddballs plus Leo full set.
- Passing the Torch: He passes the position of leader to Tomoya when he finally graduates.
- Took a Level in Cheerfulness: Quite notably so after he joined Ra*Bits.
- When He Smiles: In the past, during his time in Valkyrie, he was practically mute and impassive, as revealed in the Marionette's event. Hence, Mika and Shu would get incredibly excited whenever he smiled. Even after they parted and now in different units, Mika and Shu agree Nazuna is best with a smile.
An ordinary boy who grew up in an average family, Tomoya is a pushover. He hates it when others think he's weird because of the peculiar people around him, but he doesn't want to be seen as "average," either.
In the Theater Club, he loathes the eccentric Wataru Hibiki, but highly respects Hokuto Hidaka. Since they make him read all sorts of scripts, his speech tends to become mixed up as a result, and he has some trouble with formal speech. A member of the unit Ra✽bits.
- Ascended Fanboy: He was just an ordinary boy who loves idols until he manages to enroll to Yumenosaki to become one himself.
- Butt-Monkey: In the theater club, he'll always be Wataru's dress-up victim.
- Cloud Cuckoo Landers Minder: Has shades of this to Mitsuru, and also comes from overlapping with being the Only Sane Man.
- Curtains Match the Window: His hair and eyes are dirty blond.
- Friend to All Living Things: Animals latch onto him easily.
- Expy: He's a composite character of Azusa Kobato and Chika Tohmi from Ensemble Girls. Like Chika, he's the youngest member of the theater club and he gets unwanted attention from an obnoxious member (Wataru for Tomoya, Chizuru for Chika). And like Asuza, he's plain and ordinary and enrolled at the academy to be near the person he admired only to be disappointed when he gets there (Tomoya found out that Wataru wasn't the cool and composed person he believed him to be, while Anzu had been expelled from Kimisaki, so Azusa realized she had transferred for nothing).
- Hero Worship: To Hokuto, who always helps him out.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Or "talented". Tomoya hates how normal he is and envies people with talent and accomplishments.
- Only Sane Man: He is able to at least handle some of the odd people around him (Except Wataru, obviously). This plays into the reason the other Ra*bits members consider making him the leader after Nazuna graduates.
- Passing the Torch: He's given the role of leader after Naznuna steps down following his graduation.
- Ridiculously Average Guy: He's described as "an ordinary boy who grew up in an average family". His listed interests, "music and manga", seem rather common compared to the other characters'. It's probably worse when you consider all the peculiar people he has to deal and interact with. Even his voice actor was perplexed when the game's director asked him to play Tomoya as an average boy, with capital A. This is given a lampshade in the novels where Anzu comments that Tomoya is too average.
- In fact, it's stated he's average at everything and he's not remarkable as an idol. In Phantom Thieves VS Detectives, Wataru reveals he's actually training Tomoya to be an actor, and that's why he's constantly putting him through so much humilliating costumes. Wataru believes Tomoya is rather plain as an idol and if he grows up, Tomoya's cuteness wouldn't last forever. So he wants to train Tomoya into becoming a succesful actor, so he would have some future after he'll inevitably stops being an idol.
Hajime is the dedicated type who does part-time jobs at school to support his unit, Ra✽bits, even taking on odd jobs like laundry and such. Taking care of flowers is a part of his daily routine, and he often takes the initiative to prepare the drinks in the tea club. He has trouble making eye contact while conversing with people he just met.
Due to his social anxiety, he carries a lavender aromatic pouch around as a protective charm. He has a mild case of paranoia. His singing voice is really beautiful. He is good friends with his classmates Tomoya Mashiro and Tetora Nagumo. He comes from a poor family. He's also prone to day-dreaming.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Shares this trait with Nazuna, much to his chagrin. He has considered cutting his hair to appear more manly, but refrained as his hair was grown as part of his image in Ra*bits. Anzu has expressed interest in putting him in a skirt at least twice. He's worried she actually thinks he's a girl.
- Even the Guys Want Him: He tried to protect Anzu from some "delinquents" in Holiday gacha only to find it's him they're interested in. Later revelation that the delinquents were Hajime's fans didn't make it better as apparently, Ra*bits were popular among fans who usually go for female idols for being "cuter than actual girls". There's also Ritsu, who's in habit of saying rather questionable things towards him...Ritsu: That's so lewd of you, Haa-kun. Are you trying to tempt me?
- Hero-Worshipper: Adores Subaru, and aspires to be as confident and brilliant as him. Thankfully, it's returned, which often leads to them acting like Sickeningly Sweethearts whenever they spend time together.
- Holding Hands: In Love Comedy, when Kaoru admits to worrying about the future but not having anyone to talk to about it, Hajime takes his hand and squeezes to comfort him. Apparently, this kind of hand-holding is common among Ra*bits, and Nazuna often takes Hajime's hand when he worries, too. Kaoru is so touched (reminding him of how his mother used to take his hand) that he even requests Hajime do it again when he starts worrying again later.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: The most feminine character in the game, bar Arashi and Anzu - aside from being rather shy and easily worried, Hajime is also extremely gentle and kind, being a great listener, and loves calming teas and herbs. Somewhat deconstructed though in that Hajime also does a lot of jobs around the school, particularly laundry - while he does like doing that, it's also because he's poor and needs to make money however he can.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: During Starfes, while he lets Nazuna temporarily join and assist Valkyrie, he's actually pretty upset and calls out Nazuna's selfishness for abandoning them and forcing a situation where they have to be "good boys" who let him go and do what he wants.
- Penny Among Diamonds: He's the token poor character among the middle-class to high-class cast. It's even more obvious when he's put next to his two seniors in the Tea Club.
- Shrinking Violet: Has a rather bad social anxiety that made him very nervous that he needed a lavender sache or have Nazuna (if he's not around, Anzu) to calm himself down. He also has a problem with looking people in the eyes while interacting with them.
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl: A male example.
- The Ditz: He's not as obvious or prominent of one as Mitsuru is, but in his profile, it's said that he's prone to daydreaming, and Subaru notes that he's a bit "spacey" in the main story.
Cheerful, energetic, carefree, and oblivious, Mitsuru is always smiling, but he's not exactly the sharpest pencil in the box, and neither does he think things over carefully. He doesn't really pay attention when someone's talking to him, and gives no heed to sarcasm. He doesn't like difficult words. Due to his excellent reflexes, he's very popular among the sports club as a helper, even though he's only a first year.
He loves dashing (as in running) and often runs around the school ground. When tired, he'd lie on the grass, bask in the sun, and then fall asleep just like that. A member of the unit Ra✽bits.
- Adorkable: Just look at his cards but especially the un-bloomed version of his summer camp card.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Doesn't pay much attention when people talk to him, and is also Sarcasm-Blind.
- Catchphrase: "Dash Dash☆", something he usually says while running, naturally.
- Genki Boy: Always excited and energetic, though not exactly smart. He's also popular among sport clubs as a helper, and is always running around.
- The Ditz: Ridiculously so. It's repeatedly said that he's not very good at Japanese, and is very forgetful. In the Greek Legends scouting event, he says "Owls comes to those who are happy," instead of "fortune". He then proceeds to run off to avoid the subject of studying, gets chased by Adonis, and then forgets why he's being chased.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: In Wisterias of May he gets very upset when Madara goes easy on him when they race, despite him being one of Yumenosaki's best track athletes on record. He thinks Madara is insulting him, until Arashi explains that he doesn't care about winning and worried more he'd hurt Mitsuru's feelings by beating him at something he loves, running.
- Genius Ditz: Despite his simple-minded nature Mitsuru is talented in both singing and athletic ability, thus he has a lot of potential as an idol. His out-of-the-box ideas, when smoothed out and grounded more in reality are actually very successful, such as the Moon Live. Shu and Keito, two of the more critical third-years, actually praise him for that.
- He's Got Legs: A lot of Mitsurus cards give focus on his legs. It helps he often wears shorts, and his legs are probably his best asset as a track runner.
- Hidden Depths: He's actually aware of how an idol unit consisting mainly of first-years will soon grow up and possibly outgrow their cute image (he himself is in the middle of a growth spurt). For that reason, he encourages the idea that while they can stay a cute idol unit, to be taken seriously they have to venture out of that.
- Kindhearted Simpleton
- Malaproper: He ocassionaly mixes up his words.
- Only Sane Man: His carefree personality means he's able to keep his cool in tense situations where the other members of Ra*bits tend to panic. It's most obvious when Tomoya shows up 'dead' (really as part of a Theatre Club performance) and he ends up taking the lead while Nazuna and Hajime freak out.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business:
- Mitsuru's emotions are clearly visible from his expressions and he's always smiling, unless he's with people he dislikes (like Shu).
- Nazuna has stated that there's more to him that it seems and he has some Hidden Depths.
- The Pollyanna: His Saturday daily course event has him saying that he thinks it's better that everyone would smile. And you can see that there is hardly a time where he is showing a single angst and even the times he did are very rare. One occasion being in the Tanabata event where he thought he might be The Load to Ra*Bits until the rest of them convinced otherwise.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Breads.
- Verbal Tic: He tends to end his sentences with "daze~" instead of the usual desu/da, which translators typically show by replacing it as "yanno." It gets to the point that Subaru even calls him "the daze-daze kid"!
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Or rather, Why Did It Had To Be Shu? Mitsuru is absolutely terrified of how Shu fawns over the sight of him on shorts.