Player Character & Staff Player/Anzu | Yumenosaki Academy Faculty
Starmaker Productions Trickstar | fine | Ryuuseitai | Alkaloid
Cosmic Productions Eden | 2wink | Valkyrie | Crazy B
Rhythm Link UNDEAD | AKATSUKI |Ra*bits
New Dimension knights| Switch | MaM | Double Face |
Other Units Temporary Units| Shuffle Units
An Order of Knights Devoting Songs to You.
In the first game, Knights is a unit made up of graceful and charming knight-type members, led by Leo Tsukinaga! Each member possesses a high level of technique, captivating the audience by showing them exactly what they want to see.
In the second game, knights is a chivalrous unit affiliated with New Dimension, Led by Tsukasa Suou, they make full use of their knightly personae and engage in plenty of fanservice. When doing work in media, their jobs include commercials, fashion modelling, variety programs, gourmet reports, dramas, and other jobs that make use of their appearance.
Their theme color is navy blue.
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: As one of the veteran, historical units in Yumenosaki, they've fallen out of spotlight after Eichi/fine's reign. They're pushed further into 0% Approval Rating after their actions in DDD. Thankfully, they're returning to their Glory Days after Leo's return. As of Ensemble Stars!!, they are part the Big 3, being one of the most popular idol groups in the industry along with fine and Eden.
- Motif: Knights and chess pieces.
- Mr. Fanservice: In-universe, they're described to be the unit most well-known for their fanservice.
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": Arashi's crush-admiration for Akiomi may fit best, but each of the Knights member has one person they're more than just a little obsessed with outside their group, be that obsession comes in the form of adoration (Leo with his little sister, Ruka; Izumi with Makoto; Ritsu with his childhood friend, Mao) or respect (Tsukasa with his "Onee-sama", Anzu).
Unit Song List
- Voice Of Sword
- Checkmate Knights
- Silent Oath
- Fight For Judge
- Article Of Faith
- Knights the Phantom Thief
- Grateful Allegiance
- Birthday Of Music! (Leo Tsukinaga Solo)
- Ironic Blue (Izumi Sena Solo)
- Mayonaka no Nocturne (Ritsu Sakuma Solo)
- JEWEL STONE (Arashi Narukami Solo)
- With My Honesty (Tsukasa Suou Solo)
- Promise Swords (Anime Soundtrack)
- Walk With Your Smile (Knights Ver.)
Has not attended school since his 2nd year spring break. Adores his little sister and wild dreams (inspiration), he flits about as an elusive figure constantly gaining inspiration from a variety of things. The songs he creates are recognized by both himself and others as music of a genius.
Due to acting like a knight in front of his little sister, she is not aware of his true nature. He is the leader of the unit Knights.
Kuro remarks that he has no idea how Leo is not considered an oddball, despite being in the same class as the others (except Natsume), and acting on his own volition.
- Accidental Misnaming: Frequently does this due to the inability of being able to remember people he's interacted infrequently.
- All Take and No Give: He feels his relationship with Madara is this, as he had been on the receiving end of this dynamic for most of their friendship and he feels incapable of giving anything in return after all Madara had done for him. As of A Dark Nights Passing, he states that he wants to change this and even requests Aira, whom he views to be in a similar predicament, to help him.
- Awesome, but Impractical: One cannot deny that Leo excels as a composer, but all his other attributes fit this trope, as Izumi explains in a substory. Leo's dance ability is divine, but because he improvises and changes his own choreography as he pleases, this talent as well as his excellent stamina are usually unusable for performances. Likewise, he's a reasonably good singer... but dislikes actually performing the songs (as opposed to just writing them). Of course, despite all of this, he still goes on stage and is considered a superb idol.
- Broken Pedestal: To Tsukasa. By the time he returns to his unit, he's so weird that Tsukasa doubts on his position as the leader of Knights.
- Rebuilt Pedestal: By the end of the King's Horseback ride event however, he seems to have regained Tsukasa's respect. Somewhat.
- Brutal Honesty: Hell occasionally, and innocently, say cold things.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: With his belief in aliens and all the scribbling he does on the school floors and walls, he's more than just a little weird, that you won't guess on top of being a skilled idol, he's actually a widely recognized composer.
- Catchphrase: Has several.
- The most often used is "Ucchuu~!", which is a greeting he allegedly made up for aliens. In Opera, he reveals it may have originally been "Daiuchuu!", which is also the catchphrase of Ruri Amamiya from Ensemble Girls, which may imply it's actually a Borrowed Catchphrase.
- "I'm the King! I'm always the Naked King!" as a reference to his title as the King of Knights.
- Some variation of "Don't say anything! I'll imagine an answer!" for whenever someone is about to give him an answer to a question.
- There's also "I really like you, I love you...!" which he says to anyone who's being remotely helpful or interesting to him, even if it's his first meeting with them. As well, He tends to say Daisuki da! to those hes less familiar with, but Ai shiteru yo! to his good friends.
- Cloudcuckoolander: He is really absent-minded, especially while composing, forgets his surroundings and even his own name at times. He also claims to have communicated with and been abducted by aliens. Amusingly, he's not odd enough to be part of the Oddballs. Izumi says that Leo isn't as weird as he currently is when he first entered Yumenosaki academy during the 2015 judgement event.
- Cool Big Bro: At least how Tsukasa used to see him until he meets Leo in person. Played more straight with his sister Ruka in a sister complex degree.
- Commonality Connection: With Aira Shiratori. While theyre very different in terms of personality, they bond over the fact that as they have similar concerns regarding the circumstances of their close friends, Madara Mikejima and Kohaku Oukawa respectively, in A Dark Nights Passing.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Checkmate reveals he used to be cheerful, lighthearted and a little childish (especially when interacting with Izumi). Until Eichi befriended him for the sake of ruining his unit in order to reform Yumenosaki. By doing so, Eichi organized many Dream-Fes with people outside of the school voting for Chess (Knight's name back at the time). After some weeks of success, Eichi made Dream-Fes inside the school. Meaning that the other units (who were losing thanks to Chess's success) will vote down for them. Afterwards, Chess fell from grace and Leo forced himself to continue composing to insanely inhuman levels (and also due to Izumi pressuring him) to help his unit, until he couldn't take it anymore and left the school. When Anzu meets him one year later, Leo is a full-fledged Cloud Cuckoolander.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: According to Eichi.
- Freudian Excuse: While his habit to compose in any random place can be annoying for everyone, it's justified after Checkmate reveals he truly believes composing is all he can do as an idol.
- Forgetful Jones: He forgets stuff frequently, especially the names of people, though it does hit him after a while. Tsukasa is often a victim of his forgetfulness.
- Heroic BSoD: Being betrayed by Eichi and the subsequent Knight's falldown got him bad enough that he left Yumenosaki Academy for almost a year. When Arashi mentions him getting angry at being called "King" during the Marionette's Memories event, it's likely a foreshadowing that he would soon leave the academy.
- Hikikomori: Became one for a while after the war broke and depressed him to the extent that he wouldn't eat, worrying Ruka so much that she asks Izumi to help. In the end, its revealed that it was Madara who motivated him out of his slump by forcing him to travel the world with him for inspiration, and loved him unconditionally.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Madara Mikejima, whom he considers to be his best friend.
- In-Series Nickname: He is called King by the members of knights and by an extent, Eichi. Tsukasa simply calls him "Leader".
- Love You and Everybody: "Thank you, I really like you, I love you!". He lampshades this in the event story A Dark Nights Passing, stating that he cant see the villain of the event GFK as a bad person because he loves everyone too easily.
- Kindhearted Simpleton / Kiddie Kid: How Leo used to be before the events of Checkmate. He seems to have reverted back to this by Ensemble Stars!! but with a newfound awareness of the depressing world around him.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: He's very protective of his sister, Ruka. He puts an Aloof Big Brother facade to her, though. Similarly, she puts a "cute little sister" facade to him and he's unaware of her Clingy Jealous Girl side though.
- Oblivious Guilt Slinging: In the Checkmate prologue story, Leo does this to Eichi by complimenting him on what a kind friend he is while Eichi knows he has to betray him.
- Nice Guy: He's lighthearted, easygoing and always sees the good in people. Eventually deconstructed in Checkmate, as Leo is so kind that he pushed himself to his limits to continue composing even after Chess had fallen from grace thanks to Eichi's manipulations and Izumi forcing him to continue composing for the sake of Chess. No wonder he couldn't take it anymore and left the school.
- The Nicknamer: It doesn't really translate in English, but he calls people's name in katakana; some with small modification, like "Rittsu" for Ritsu and "Suo~" for Tsukasa. Anzu is an exception.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: There are signs that he is smarter than he shows himself to be. Especially while in the King's Horseback Ride event.
- A Dark Nights Passing has it confirm that he is fully aware of Madaras shady actions, especially the ones that transpire in that event, but cares for him nonetheless and views Madara in high regard, even calling him his "best hero".
- Passing the Torch: In order to support the remaining members of Knights, Leo plans on passing his skills in composing to Anzu. He ends up passing the leadership role as the King of Knights to Tsukasa, as of Ensemble Stars!!, though out of the story he's still treated as the face of Knights.
- Innocently Insensitive: Doesnt seem to have much of a filter when it comes to giving his honest opinion on a topic.
- Ship Tease: With Izumi, to the point where a lot of Knights-centric events focus on their relationship. It's unclear if Leo has romantic feelings for Izumi or if it's just played up for Fanservice purposes, but it should be noted that Izumi is the only person Leo uses "Suki" toward note . An official video from Ensemble Stars twitter giving short explanations on the relationships between the characters for a campaign had Leo's line to Izumi describe Izumi as a "Pure Romantic Comedy Protagonist."
- Undying Loyalty: To Madara Mikejima. Theyre best friends in story and are shown to care about each other a lot. His loyalty is definitely shown in that despite being aware of all the things Madara has done, he doesnt see him in a negative light, and is one of the few to not view him as the "dangerous monster" others are said to. Leo calls Madara his "best hero" as he knows fully that all of those things were done for the sake of him, no matter how extreme.
- Protectorate: Is the object of this from Madara's end. Whether it be threatening to punch Eichi in the stomach regardless of the repercussions, "slashing" those involved in breaking Leo's arms, or being willing to murder a producer that manipulated Leo, there is nothing Madara won't do to ensure Leo is safe and happy.
- We Used to Be Friends : Used to be friends with Eichi until he found out he was manipulating him all along in Checkmate. As of Ensemble Stars!! He considers him to be his friend again, but its unknown if Eichi returns the sentiment.
Foul-mouthed and not honest with himself, Izumi has a big attitude, is full of confidence, and assumes a detached attitude towards the world at large. He hurls spiteful remarks towards anyone he meets, like a violent-tempered cat.
Izumi used to be a popular model, but went on hiatus and entered the school in order to start over as an idol. He is actually fond of second year's Makoto Yuuki, who worked as a model just like him, despite Makoto hating his affection. A member of the unit knights.
- Abhorrent Admirer: To Makoto, who avoids him at all cost. It's not that he's unattractive, but his extreme obsession towards Makoto even when Makoto has made it obvious that he doesn't want anything to do with him makes him this.
- Fortunately, their relationship improves over time to the point where theyre on friendly terms with each other. Makoto tells Izumi in the end of Runway that he wants to repay Izumi for taking care of him back when they were modeling. Makoto still gets creeped out by Izumis smothering affection, but Makoto no longer dislikes him like he did before.
- Big Brother Bully: It's stated in his profile that his hobby is "bullying underclassmen".
- Izumi says he bullies others in order to toughen them up for the harshness of the entertainment industry. He has seen loved ones break because of the entertainment industry and doesnt want the same thing to happen to more people he cares about.
- Big Brother Instinct: An... oddly uncanny example; he seems obsessed with the thought of being a big brother. His creepy stalkerish affections towards Makoto is partly grounded on wanting Makoto to call him "Onii-chan", and he even considers Yuta a liable replacement for that. Outside of these two, he's more of a Big Brother Bully towards his juniors, as stated above. That said, he can actually display an extent of sincere Big Brother Instinct when needed, which weirds out the juniors who knew him as a creep or a bully.
- Catchphrase: "So annoying!" is one of sorts, given how often he repeats it. It's also one of his voiced lines.
- Decoy Leader: Is the temporary leader while Leo is out (and while the latter was yet to be introduced in-universe), though after losing the DDD Arashi suggests that he's no longer even that.
- Easily Forgiven: Despite having kidnapped and locked Makoto up in the school for days in the main story, he was let off with just a temporary ban from idol activities, and by Duel, Trickstar is already interacting normally with him (save for maybe Subaru).
- If I Can't Have You...: In the Duel event, in response to Makoto joking about Anzu calling him up to the roof to confess to him, Izumi explicitly states that he'll throw her off the roof, then Makoto, and then himself.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Not more so than Arashi, but he definitely displays this in his ability to knit. He can do ballet. He's also one of the characters that ends up in more feminine themed card outfits.
- Jerkass: Before Character Development sets in, but even then he's still very much a Jerk with a Heart of Gold. Izumi is arrogant and rude towards almost everyone, and can act in a completely creepy manner to the one exception, Makoto. As stated above, bullying underclassmen is actually stated as one of his hobbies.
- Last-Name Basis: When he's not nicknaming other characters, he's simply calling them by their last name, almost always without honorifics.
- The Nicknamer: One of the most prominent in the cast, since he has nicknames for nearly everyone he interacts often with. Izumi usually takes something from a person's name as nickname in order to abbreviate it ("Kasa-kun" for Tsukasa, "Kuma-kun" for Ritsu, "Naru-kun" for Arashi), except for Leo (who he calls "King") and Anzu. He also calls his Tennis Club colleagues Tori "Momo-kun" ("Momo" being an alternate reading of Tori's name) and Nazuna "Nazunyan".
- Pet the Dog: As much of a jerk he is, he holds Leo in a high regard, willing to take his place as a leader of Knights till Leo comes back. Future events show that while he can be a jerk, it doesn't mean that he couldn't care for someone, especially in the Judgement event where he tells Tsukasa to rely on the seniors more and had moments of Big Brother Instinct coming out after the King's Horseback Ride event.
- Ship Tease: With Makoto one-sidedly, and even more prominently than that, Leo to the point where a lot of Knights focused stories revolve around their relationship dynamic. Its unlikely that on either of their ends that its more than just a good friendship, however. It's always played up for Fanservice, however.
- Stalker with a Crush: Towards Makoto.
- Supreme Chef: At least claims that cooking is in his field of expertise. Makoto begrudgingly put in word to support this in the Valentines event.
- Tsundere: Very sweet to Makoto, but harsh to anyone else, especially his friends. It is shown that he does care about them despite his abrasive attitude, and switches between a kinder demeanor and one that seems to expression Tough Love. The Bridal gacha story featuring him and Kaoru is a good example of him being this trope, where he lays down harsh criticism on Kaoru before being more sweet later on in the story.
- Undying Loyalty : He is very loyal to Leo despite calling him "Stupid King". In Lionheart, it's explained that Leo's the reason why Izumi still held on to Knights and even became its decoy leader, despite believing that Knights is ruined.Izumi (about Leo): Because theres just one person who likes me, and say that Im beautiful. He affirmed me, loved me, this youth made me feel glad that I was born Because even if it was just for a short while, my life existed.
- Yandere: A very downplayed version to Makoto, where his most extreme expression of this is him straight up threatening to kill Anzu, Makoto and himself if Makoto ever fell for her. Word of God confirms that Izumi was originally meant to just be a Tsundere, but he ended up writing a Yandere instead. However, in Izumis case especially recently, he ends up coming off more often as Tsundere rather than Yandere.
Ritsu always sounds sleepy and languid. Nocturnal and loves sleeping, he can be found napping anywhere. He had to repeat a year due to too much tardiness and dozing off in class, but he doesn't care.
Childhood friends with second year Mao Isara; they know each other very well. Even though he's older, Mao is actually the one taking care of him. Third year Rei Sakuma is his older brother, but he has a rather brusque attitude towards Rei. He hates getting involved with people. A member of the unit knights.
- Affectionate Nickname: Mao sometimes calls him Ritchan, and Koga is revealed to call him Ritchi in the Halloween event. He also uses affectionate nicknames toward his fellow Knights, Mao, and Madara.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Being the strategist of Knights does suggest that he is quite smart but him being a sleepy head makes it hard to tell for others.
- Childhood Friends: With Mao.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Pretty much acts like an insufferable clingy girlfriend (well, childhood friend) to Mao in Band Ensemble, where he feels he's no longer Mao's priority and Trickstar, the student council, and Anzu are to blame for that. While it's hard to say he becomes any less adhesive at the end of the event, Ritsu does eventually develop his own relationships outside of Mao, that by Halloween, he can cite a good number of people who become his motivation to stay awake during the day.
- Cute Little Fangs: It's not very noticeable due to the fact that his teeth aren't shown as much as Tetora's but if you look very carefully at a few of his cards you can see that he has these.
- Hates Being Alone: In Band Ensemble, he has difficulty in being all alone, something that seems to stem from when Rei left to study abroad. It's why he is very clingy to those he is affectionate of, one being Mao and later Anzu Post-Duel. He fears people changing and leaving him be until Mao assures him that he will still be his childhood friend. Even his "Sweet words" voiced line that players can unlock had this vibe.
- Hates Being Touched: One of his voiced dialogue quotes is "I told you not to touch me". Curiously, though he claims to hate having others touch him, he's pretty touchy with people he likes, which includes Anzu (post-Duel) and his unit members. It is a case where he doesn't mind physical contact if he's the one initiating, as seen in the Band Ensemble event where he complained when Mao patted his hair.
- Hidden Depths: He is at first, very apathetic to Anzu and most things in general. But you can see in events that he at least, regards the members of Knights well and highly respects Leo. There's also his close friendship with Mao whom he regards as family and him warming up to Anzu, later considering her, in his own words in the 2015 Halloween event that he considers both Mao and Anzu to be the only ones that can truly understand him. His own voice actor himself also acknowledged that while he maybe very aloof, he has quiet much depths underneath.
- It's All About Me: He's very self-centered, entitled and wants to be spoiled by the people he likes.
- Jerkass: Ritsu loves Mao and his fellow Knights members. He couldn't care less about anyone else, including his own brother who he is incredibly cold and dismissive toward more often than not. He's very hostile and dismissive towards Anzu (as seen by his sub-stories) at least until the events of Duel.
- He's also sort of kind toward Madara during their first on-screen interaction, where he borrows Leo's Affectionate Nickname "Mikejimama" for Madara and makes it "Mikejimaman" instead. He explains how they know each other in Beasts, as Madara is often at his and Rei's house due to the currently shrouded in mystery successor business, and he talks to him whenever he can. Ritsu also allows Madara to carry him on his back, which implies that they're on good terms.
- He gradually becomes this less and less over the course of the story toward the other characters, though it remains clear that his interest and priority remains in Knights and Mao.
- I Have No Brother: Disowns Rei as a brother for not being there for him during the war (as Rei had other things to do, like dealing with the Five Oddballs incident). While he does admit that Rei is his brother, he see's him as a stranger at most. Though by the time the 2015 Halloween event has come by, they have come to terms with each other.
- Lethal Chef: Subverted. The sweets he makes taste good, but the appearance scares many of his tasters.
- Manchild: Subverted. He acts as one because he likes to be spoiled.
- The Nicknamer: Quite so. Maa-kun for Mao, Suu-chan for Tsukasa, Secchan for Izumi, Nakkun (Now Nacchan) for Arashi, Haa-kun for Hajime, and boldly, Ecchan for Eichi. Except for Anzu and Leo. As he, like Izumi, calls Leo "King".
- Our Vampires Are Different: Is supposedly a vampire like his brother, though he acts even less like one than Rei does. The only things he has in common with vampires are red eyes, which aren't that unusual considering the unusual eye colors of the other characters, fangs and his inability to stay awake most of the time.
- Sleepyhead: Big time. Ritsu loves sleeping and will sleep anywhere. He actually had to repeat a year in school, and one of the reasons was that he often slept in class. The Halloween event reveals, however, that his sleeping habit is really mostly because his daily rhythm is the opposite of normal people, since he's capable of being energetic and not sleepy during the night. Staying awake continually during the day like he attempts in that event story is actually dangerous for him.
- His voice actor said that Ritsu is most likely pretending to sleep because he doesn't like dealing with people.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Looks like his older brother Rei with shorter hair.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Mainly toward Rei, though he shows the ice side more frequently than he does the sugar.
- Pet the Dog: He is friendly with Hajime in the tea club.
- Piggyback Cute: Seems to receive one from Mao during the mornings he refuses to walk by himself to school, if Band Ensemble is anything to go by. Ritsu himself has done this twice, both times to Anzu: one in the epilogue Band Ensemble (though the "cute" is debatable as he considers dropping her on the way...) and another in the Test of Courage (to take responsibility for making her faint). He also makes Madara carry him on his back in Beasts.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Averted, as he does have red eyes but he isn't hostile. He's more so cold and distant toward those he doesn't care about.
- Shared Family Quirks: Aside from their Strong Family Resemblance, siblings Rei and Ritsu have a fair share of similarities. Both are weak to sunlight, had to repeat a grade (Rei studied abroad for a year, Ritsu had to repeat the year due to tardiness and doozing off) and seem to have a somewhat fragile health. Also, if the Halloween event is anything to go by, Ritsu likes messing with Koga just as much as his older brother.
- The Strategist: The King's Horseback Ride implies he plays this role in Knights. He can also be seen trying to trick Subaru into letting Knights win their match by default in the main story.
- Sweet Tooth: Considering that sweet things are the only type of food he can make...
- The Nicknamer: Only toward those he likes.
- The Nose Knows: He can detect people by the smell (of their blood), apparently.
- Yandere: In the Band Ensemble event he seems to have a very slight shade of this to Mao, expressing happiness when Mao tells him that he was sad and hurt because of him, and saying he'll be the only one to stay by his side. By Halloween, it seems that by having his own relationships out of Mao he may have grown out his thinking, however.Ritsu: Ah, is that so? But you know, the Ma~kun thats pitiable and unseemly thats the Ma~kun that I looove. Knowing that you were depressed and feeling down and hurt because of me makes me happy ♪
A self-proclaimed big sister. She treats the heroine affectionately and acts like a big sister to her. Her principle is "everything in moderation." Even though shes versatile and try out all sorts of things, shes not serious about any of them.
Being a narcissist full of self-confidence, she loves jobs that allow her to be seen by others. She worked as a model before she entered the school. The teacher Akiomi Kunugi is her former senior in the modeling world.. Member of the unit Knights.
- Ambiguous Gender Identity: Sort-of. Arashi wants to be called a big sister and has multiple times, said things like "that's the kind of lady I am" as well as often using female terms/self-honorifics, and has said that gender doesn't matter if you have the heart of a woman in the drama CDs, but she still referred to herself as a female regardless, as evident in the Holiday gachaAnd official works had listed her gender as female The "Beasts" event (2018) threw another curveball in the situation, but the games still teeter on that ambiguous line. Izumi seems to imply that Arashi may be non-binary but never explicitly states that she is so.
- Break the Haughty: Starlight Festival event story reveals that Arashi was a Jerkass She has a close friend in Yumenosaki academy and then that friend is Driven to Suicide, a death that changed Arashi to be who she is today.
- Cool Big Sis: Wants to be seen as such. And Anzu does see her as one, at least.
- First-Name Basis: Refers to almost everyone as "insert given name-chan" , more rarely "insert given name-kun" or if they're her senior "insert given name-senpai". The only exception is Madara who she calls "Mama".
- Hard Work Hardly Works: Arashi has never had to work a finger for anything in her life, because she can apparently do anything with ease. That's what attracts her to hardworking people, though: they have something she doesn't.
- Jerkass: Pre-Ensemble Stars Arashi, according to Izumi.
- Narcissist: Akiomi and hardworking people aside, Arashi loves herself.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Subverted. While Arashi is smart, the glasses Arashi wears as a first year are to be like Kunugi, the senior who helped Arashi during the modeling days. She stops wearing them as a second year and dyed her hair back. Double subverted, that in the Midsummer's Night Dream event, she is said to wear contact lenses.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Practically this to Akiomi.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Karaage.
Serious and composed, Tsukasa speaks in a manner rather mature for his age. He is a rich young master who may sound polite on the surface, but what he says is actually rude when you stop and think about it (though he doesn't realize it). He honors his family rules and does his best to improve himself, but he also slightly deviates from what's considered normal.
While his gentlemanly manner attracts the ladies, he seems to be unaware of this and doesn't know much about the female mind. A member of the unit knights. He has interest in the culture of commoners. His English pronunciation is smooth, which unfortunately only makes it hard to catch.
- All According to Plan: Thinks this to himself in Duel, where he sets up a stage for Trickstar and Knights without his seniors' knowledge and consent and successfully escapes their wrath by acting innocent. While not to the point of being a full-fledged Chessmaster, Tsukasa is still sometimes shown to act calculating behind his seniors' back, like when he asks Anzu to search for Leo in spring and only tells them about it after she finds him at the end of summer.
- The Baby of the Bunch: As the only first year in Knights. But he's not very happy about it, since he believes the rest of Knights look down on him.
- Benevolent Boss: Implied in the newest side story obtained in his new card "Serving Goals". He believes that all servants are to be treated well. It's a reason why he expresses disdain at Tori's treatment to Yuzuru when the latter told him of Tori's treatment of him and thinks it's a waste for Yuzuru to work for who he views to be a spoiled and ungrateful master like Tori.
- He's less benevolent toward the new off-screen recruits of Knights in Ensemble Stars!!, taking more of a Tough Love approach toward the members in order to ensure Knights' reputation remains. This ends up being a plot point in the Ritsu-centric scout story Meowsketeers.
- Big Brother Instinct: Toward his cousin, Kohaku. Kohaku also displays this toward him as well.
- Catchphrase: "Marvelous!"
- Crazy Jealous Guy: More clingy than crazy, but he doesn't like when other first-years students act too close or friendly with Anzu. Even his "Sweet words" voiced line that players can unlock had this vibe.Hajime: Huh? You want to be called "onee-chan" too, Anzu-san?"Tsukasa: Wha!? I can't allow that... um, Shino-kun, she's my Onee-sama."
- Expecting Someone Taller: Upon meeting Leo and realizing he's a Cloud Cuckoolander.Tsukasa: Huh? Um, did you say "King?" That exceedingly deviant person nearby is the Leader of us "Knights?"
- Gratuitous English: The biggest offender. He sprinkles his speech in English.
- Hypocritical Humor: Tsukasa always expresses displeasure when people don't act elegant enough, but he has his Not So Above It All moments. He also always chastises Tori for acting like a clingy Attention Whore towards Anzu, when he's pretty much the same. And he was the first character to make a move on Anzu (asking for a kiss in Rebellion! The King's Horseback Ride).
- In-Series Nickname: He gets different nicknames from all his seniors in his unit. "Kasa-kun" from Izumi, "Tsukasa-chan" from Arashi, "Suu-chan" from Ritsu, and "Suo~" from Leo. Subaru also calls him "Kathy". Tsukasa laments how none of his upperclassmen ever get his name right.
- Lady and Knight: Knight to Anzu's Lady, so he believes. He certainly respects her as his "queen".
- The Load: In The King's Horseback Ride, he reveals his concerns that he's a burden to his seniors in Knights. They don't deny he's inexperienced and below them by a mile, but assure him they know he's trying his best, and convince him to depend on them, his seniors, more.
- Morality Pet: Sort of functions as one to his seniors in Knights, who aren't the most graceful of people despite that they're supposed to be, well, knights. His presence keeps them from using underhanded tactics, at least.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: Quite obvious in the Mall Live event where he never tasted local ice cream and tried to pay with a credit card.
- Shared Family Quirks: He and his cousin Kohaku have a thing for sweets, though his preference lies in western treats like Parfait while Kohaku prefers traditional sweets like anmitsu.
- Smart People Play Chess: Chess is one of Tsukasa's interests, and he can be seen playing against Anzu, who he taught how to play, in some stories.
- Sweet Tooth: Is shown to have developed a taste for commoners' snacks. Most obvious in The King's Horseback Ride, where he stress eats with the sweets Anzu made.
- Why Did It Have To Be Bugs?: Has great dislike for them.