As a whole:
- Biblical Names: Their group names, as well as their collaborative name Eden, are obvious references to Genesis.
- Everyone Has Standards: During the duration before the start of the SS live, each member shows varying reactions of disgust and fury when they learn that Cosmic Production attempts to frame Trickstar as a Scapegoat for the crimes they once pinned onto Subaru's father through their association with Subaru, to ensure the complete victory of the idols under their label in the SS. This is expanded on in the Anime adaptation to show why they helped Trickstar to unravel and reveal this scandal to the public during the SS, where such scene wasn't shown in the game event at all besides the implications that Eden is helping them out.
- Out of Focus: They don't appear frequently. Justified, as both units attend 2 different schools. This is rectified in Ensemble Stars!!, as they have graduated and are now treated as recurring characters, receiving gacha cards and events like the other characters.
- The Rival: Schoolwise, to Yumenosaki and its idols, since it and Reimei and Shuetsu have historically been at odds with each other.
- Shadow Archetype: Eden is basically what Trickstar would've turned into without Anzu's influence and The Power of Friendship.
A third-year student at Reimei Academy. Although he has a bright and cheerful demeanor, he is selfish and doesn't have much interest in talking about others. Born with royal ancestry, he recognizes others as people below himself. He is a member of the units "Eve" and "Eden", and the leader of "Eve".
While flippant and eager to remind others of his superiority, he possesses a soft spot for most others and has a habit of picking up those he finds as being unfortunate, such as Jun and their dog, Bloody Mary. He still considers those from the old fine to be his friends, and is willing to put time into helping others, even if he has to change his schedule, if they really need help. Due to his older brother succeeding as the heir in his family, Hiyori tends to be more laid-back in regards to his family's business.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Though he's genuinely bright and cheery, he really doesn't care about others and thinks little of them.
- Establishing Character Moment: When Anzu finally meets him, she bumps into him. Hiyori offers to help her clean the things she was carrying, but quickly states that he's only doing it because that's what is expected from him, nothing else. When Anzu tries to scold him, Hiyori throws all the things he was helping clean back to the floor out of spite and walks away. All with a cheerful smile on his face.
- In-Series Nickname: Jun calls him "Ohii-san", which is another term for "ohime-sama", and is basically calling him spoiled/princess.
- Jerkass: Hiyori is obnoxious, selfish and very inconsiderate of others. He also looks down on other people, unless they're Nagisa.
- Pet the Dog: He might be a spoiled and insensitive guy who looks down on everyone, but he genuinely cares about Nagisa. Hiyori has even stated he's the only person he treats with respect.
- Redemption Rejection: The reason Eichi threw him away from fine (alongside Nagisa and Tsumugi) was because he was very egoistical and never took his work as an idol seriously. When we finally see him as a member of Eve, one year after these events.....it's clear he hasn't learned his lesson at all.
- Royal Brat
- Shadow Archetype: Of Subaru. Both are cheerful, obnoxious and the main source of trouble for their respective units. They also appear to be more perceptive than they look, and they're also close to the aloof member of their units.
- The Unfavorite: While his older brothers are raised to be the heirs and take over the family's business, Hiyori is largely neglected, giving him the freedom to do whatever he wants. Downplayed, since it's shown that despite being a Spoiled Brat, Hiyori is very close with his brothers and family.
- Verbal Tic: "Yup, yup!"
A second-year student at Reimei Academy. Despite his calm demeanor, he keeps a certain distance from people. While being swayed by the free-spirited Hiyori, he will seriously accomplish any job he's told to do. A member of the units "Eve" and "Eden".
Due to his school's hierarchy-focused structure, he speaks very politely to others in work-related environments. He is otherwise casual and tends to be sarcastic, especially regarding any treatment he endures from Hiyori.
- Animal Motifs: He's compared to a hyena.
- Gratuitous English: "GODDAMN!"
- Beleaguered Assistant: To Hiyori.
- Freudian Excuse: His father was a rival of Jin Sagami in the past. According to Guilty of Perjury, they used to compete a lot on TV, and the agency set up Jun's father to be the loser in order to boost Jin's popularity. Jin promised to always stay as an idol in return for crushing his dreams but retired soon after, causing Jun's father to resent him. This made Jun determined not to end up like his father, and do any dirty methods to ensure his survival as an idol.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Jun genuinely can't understand why the Trickstar members are friendly and don't mind much about competing with other units. And he believes they're currying favor with Anzu, unwilling to believe they genuinely see Anzu as a friend.Haah... So~mehow, you guys really are soft. We're not thinking about friendship or love and all that, so everything's a fundamentally gray color of youth.
- Token Good Teammate: He's the only one of Eden who isn't a total jerk or looks down on others. He's also very cordial to Trickstar and Anzu. Downplayed, as he still will take any means necessary to be a succesful idol and will antagonize Trickstar if required.
- Shadow Archetype: Of Makoto. They're both hardworking, socially-awkward and good with technology. They're also overly conscious about being the least talented of their units, but they train hard to become good idols despite their individual pasts binding them. However, while Makoto strives to free himself of his past, Jun struggles to do the same.
- Voiced by: Junichi Suwabe
A third-year student at Shuuetsu Academy. A genius who can make any power his own. An altruist, he is not proactive, but under Ibara's management, his true value is shown. He is a member of "Adam" and "Eden" and acts as their leader.
Quiet and somewhat "my pace", Nagisa feels he cannot convey his thoughts well to others without an intermediary. Because of this, he tends to move along with what Ibara tells him to do, thus creating a character of a dictator to use during lives. He has been described as being more similar in character to one of the "five oddballs" than a member of "fine" multiple times, which can make others wary of him due to how distant he feels from other humans. At his core, however, he does not wish to hurt others, and mainly wants to understand them.
- The Ace: It's stated he can do anything without even trying. Eventually deconstructed, since this was what got him kicked out from fine.
- Cloudcuckoolander: When he isn't putting his arrogant facade, he's this.
- Forgetful Jones
- Establishing Character Moment: When Anzu finally meets him, he struggles to remember her name and awkwardly greets her. Then he takes a notebook to read outloud a boisteruous greeting that Ibara prepared for him (even saying the sound effects, no less). Then he apologizes for causing trouble for Trickstar in the future and forgets Anzu's name again before leaving.
- Happily Adopted: Twice, aparently. He was raised by his "godfather" during his childhood until he passed away and was adopted by Hiyori's family in his teenage years. However, it's stated that Nagisa actually holds his godfather in high steem. To the point that he became an idol to understand why his godfather loved idols so much,
- Hidden Depths: His character bio states that he dislikes himself.
- Jerkass: He's cold, aloof and dismissive towards most people, mostly because that's the "persona" that Ibara created for him.
- Lack of Empathy: Because of his sheltered background, Nagisa can't understand things like sympathy or empathy for people. In fact, the only reason he wants to become a idol was because he wants to understand why his godfather (who raised him in his childhood years) loved them so much....Father. O Godly father. My God and father, who took off to heaven without me. You loved idols. At the very least, you said you did....Thats why you brought the entertainment industry under your control, and created many idols across this globe.....I dont comprehend love. But if I can become the idol you so loved, perhaps I can come close to understanding it....Father. Thats all Ive yearned for, always.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Says in one flashback that he lives his life entirely for Hiyori and considers him his sun. Hiyori responds that he should live for himself, though they still remain very close (often holding hands) while part of fine.
- Lonely Rich Kid: He's ridiculously sheltered and lacks common sense as a result.
- Redemption Rejection: The reason Eichi threw him away from fine (alongside Hiyori and Tsumugi) was because he looked down on others and did whatever he wanted, even skipping idol lessons and going overseas without telling anybody. As a member of Adam, he states that he genuinely can't understand why he got kicked out.
- Sheltered Aristocrat: Deconstructed. Nagisa is so sheltered that he doesn't know how to interact with people (and puts a prideful facade so people won't notice) and he's ignorant about how the real world works.
- Shadow Archetype: Of Hokuto. Both are the leaders of their units and aloof at first glance. They're also close friends of the cheerful troublemaker member of their unit, and were so talented at everything that they became apathetic. However, while Hokuto came to divorce himself from his past and developed an identity and dreams wholly his own, Nagisa remains largely influenced by his past and is still forming his own identity.
- Notably, 1st year Hokuto acted very similar to Nagisa, boisterous and prideful while being quiet and awkward in reality.
- Voiced by: Ryota Ohsaka
Sly and crafty, he uses the information that he gathers in order to subtly destroy and control his opponents. He generally presents a very upbeat and excitable personality, treating others respectfully and accepting treatment he may find odd or irritating if he feels it would allow them to trust him more. He plans everything out ahead of time in hopes that his plans will fall into place, and has written out scripts for Nagisa to use during lives. He has been described as a "venomous snake" by others because of his methods.
- Animal Motifs: He's constantly compared to snakes. After all, Ibara is sharp tongued, cunning and condescending. He even has the slitted snake-pupils!
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: He's always complimenting and praising everyone but everybody can see through it. And according to Yuzuru, he's only helping Adam (and Eden by extension) for his own personal gain.
- Childhood Friends: With Yuzuru in a Military Faculty.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: According to Yuzuru.
- Pet the Dog: He might see everyone as paws to manipulate or people who get in his way, but he genuinely cares about Yuzuru ever since their days together at the Military Faculty.
- Toxic Friend Influence: When Ibara tries to convince Anzu to indulge in the riches of Shuetsu Academy for producing, Yuzuru intervenes and warns Anzu not to get involved with Ibara because he's a bad influence. Hiyori seems to share the sentiment, as he believes he's negatively influencing Nagisa.
- Shadow Archetype: Of Mao. They're hardworking, intelligent and good at managing others. Both are willing to throw away their pride to get the job done, and they seem to sacrifice themselves for the sake of others. However, Mao helps others to be seen as a good person, unlike Ibara, who revels in being seen as a villain.
- Smug Snake: Fancies himself as something of a chessmaster, but pales in comparison to Eichi.
- Yes-Man: Is a seedy, simpering kiss-ass to Nagisa.