A list of characters, canon or not, from the story. Note that some tropes may only apply to the site's first incarnation of characters, since this page was made during that time. Most instances of those tropes will be marked as part of the old continuity.
CalebThe owner of the cafe.
- Badass Normal: No special abilities to speak of, but that doesn't stop him from staring down an elder god and winning.
- Elemental Powers
- Put on a Bus: Come the second incarnation of the RP, he's MIA while Silver runs the shop. He returns eventually, however.
Stardust the MawileA waitress at the café and friend of Deoxys.
Lei the RaichuBeing an Electric-type, Lei often supplies power for the shop. She lives in the walls, which allows her to overhear anything and everything that goes on in the shop.
- The Matchmaker
- Mundane Utility: How she uses her powers.
- Plucky Girl
- Shock and Awe: An Electric-type.
SilverA very tired young man with a few dozen chips on his shoulder. He runs the Cafe while Caleb Watchog is on a bus to somewhere else. He also makes great limeade.
- Ascended Extra: Died early in the first incarnation of the RP and was replaced with an alternate universe's version of him. In the second incarnation, he's the manager of the shop and one of the more major characters.
- Character Development: He's a more mature version of his game self.
- Parental Abandonment
- The Power of Hate: It's what makes his limeade so good.
- Self-Made Man: Upon immigrating to Unova, he taught himself the local language and worked his way to taking care of the shop, while also attending school.
- Snark Knight
- Token Minority: A human, a redhead, and Asian.
- Yandere: His Crobat, for him.
- Break the Cutie: Downplayed. After failing to save a Gothitelle from dying, she realizes that life isn't like a fairy tale and that The Power of Friendship and teamwork aren't always the answer.
- Friend to All Living Things: Ask her Pokemon. She has caught every non-legendary, base form Pokemon in the Unova Dex (with over 100 of her Pokemon having established nicknames) and spoils them rotten.
- Token Minority: The only female human among the current staff.
- Took a Level in Badass: She eventually trains her Pokemon instead of just catching them and treating them like pets.
- White Sheep: Everyone in her family (who has been introduced) has been a nasty person, an Upper-Class Twit, or a combination of the above.
- Deadpan Snarker: He can take insults with stride and send them flying right back at people.
- Punny Name: Gene, as in genes.
- Team Chef
- Voluntary Shapeshifter: He's revealed to be a Ditto with the rare ability to disguise himself as a person.
Edison "Eddie" Masters
- Black Best Friend: For Tesla.
- Dance Battler
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
- Token Minority: The only black guy among the current staff.
MarronA shiny Quilladin who recently immigrated to Unova in order to pursue a career in acting.
- Affably Evil: He's often seen
- Berserk Button: Archie.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: He has used Don Alvisio's mafia to acquire information on Silph and Devon that he shouldn't have and he's taken out people who are a threat to his position. That's reason enough to believe he's not as innocent as he seems.
- Evil Ginger
- Lawful Evil: A mixture of Type 1 and Type 2.
Tropes applying to the team as a whole
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: The grunts do their jobs well, be it stealth, battling or torture. But almost all of the grunts are extremely eccentric.
- Minion Shipping: Gaius, Ura and Mercury are very open about the idea of having threeways. Ura and Mercury have gotten it on.
- Pretty Freeloaders: The grunts all live in Cyrus's small apartment, even before they've done anything. Gaius actually joined the team for a place to stay.
- A God Am I
- The Comically Serious and Only Sane Man: While he's taking all his work seriously, his Grunts are usually making things worse for him. He's also a minor internet meme, after a Rare Soda experiment went wrong went viral on Twitter.
- Running Gag: His ghoulish looks have made many believe that he's a zombie. When he gets a TV interview, he even takes the time to explain to people that he isn't undead. No one believes him.
- Silly Rabbit, Romance Is for Kids!: Cyrus doesn't believe in relationships.
- The Stoic
- Utopia Justifies the Means: Cyrus wants to create a world without strife and will stop at pretty much nothing to achieve it, including kidnapping, killing, and rather morally questionable experimentation.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Cyrus truly believes that he his doing the right thing by becoming God and re-creating the planet.
- Slave to PR: A minor example; he really wants to make himself and Team Galactic look good in the public eye in order to be under less scrutiny, and to gain more followers.
- Black Sheep: Implied.
- Evil Redhead
- HeelFace Turn: She has since sworn vengeance on Cyrus after being trapped in the Distortion World.
- The Remnant: The Mars of the site's first incarnation is one of the few people left of that timeline, having been in the Distortion World during the reset.
- Only Sane Employee: He's not pleased with the misbehavior of the grunts, and aims to correct them.
- Sixth Ranger: He returns to Team Galactic during the course of the story.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Mysterious Past: Mercury's backstory is intentionally kept vague.
- Non-Action Guy: They're not a battler, and use their Pokemon primarily for stealth.
- Stealth Expert
- Psycho Supporter: They know about Cyrus's universe-resetting plans and follow them.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Dull Surprise: Her Catchphrase is her bemused "Oh my."
- Hidden Depths: She's actually a biological engineer at her day job.
- Hot Scientist
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair.
- Ambition Is Evil: One of the things that makes him a douche is his desires and ambitious nature, and belief that he would be a better leader than anyone else.
- Ship Tease: His budding friendship with N has been called into question.
- The Starscream: He believes he can do way better at leading the team.
- You Gotta Have White Hair.
AspirA Mismagius scientist, and one that's morally dubious.
- Mad Scientist
- No Sympathy: He doesn't care about a man's lost Starly. In fact, he only takes an interest when the idea of experimenting on it comes into play.
MerleA new recruit. Mostly seen lurking and being very creepy.
- Ambition Is Evil: Both Clover and Sirius believe they can be better Commanders than Saturn, and Merle wants to help them do it.
- The Corrupter: Why he does anything. He pretends to be someone's friend, only to steer them in the wrong direction and make them into worse people. Most people see right through him, though.
- Faux Affably Evil: He tries to come off as nice and caring, but he's way too creepy.
- Obviously Evil
N GeneralThe King of Team Plasma.
Plasma Sage Collum
- Fate Worse than Death: He was trapped in the Distortion World and tortured by Giratina.
- The Remnant: Of the first incarnation of the story.
Plasma Knight Lexine
- Ascended Extra: In the original continuity, Lexine was supposed to be killed off on her first appearance, but was saved by Turner.
Peaches 'Tesla' Freshmaker
- Ambiguous Gender: Identifies as "they," but their biological gender is a closely guarded secret.
- Later implied to be biologically female.
- Broken Bird
- The Chew Toy
- In the Hood: Wears a hoodie at all times.
- Signature Pokemon: Their Swadloon, Bruce is their most commonly-seen Pokemon.
- Uncatty Resemblance: With their Swadloon.
- I Just Want To Make Orre Beautiful: Her motivation in joining Cipher.
- Indifferent Beauty: Increasingly so.
- Punch-Clock Villain
- Statuesque Stunner
- The Chick
- What Exactly Is Her Job: With Cipher no longer trying to keep the Under docile, Venus' administrative duties have grown smaller.
- Evilutionary Biologist
- For Science!
- Got Me Doing It: Once balked at the name "Shadow Pokémon", but he's long given up on calling them anything else.
- Mad Scientist
- Pride: A large chunk of why he refuses to give up on his advancements.
- Visionary Villain: Genuinely believes that his Shadow Pokémon Process is an advancement in the right direction.
Lorraine "Lovrina" Cassidy
CherenGym Leader of Aspertia City.
- Butt-Monkey: Often picked on for his nerdiness, and for usually being the first Gym Leader new trainers beat. Roxie especially loves pick on him.
- Born Lucky: He defeated Lucas (a trainer vastly more experienced than him, and with trained Pokemon) with his Ditto, which was achieved by landing critical hits on his Pokemon after they were frozen.
- Characterization Marches On: Until someone finally took up the character, the joke interpretation of his character had him be an Emo Teen and Occidental Otaku with a love for entry-level anime. He's still a Butt-Monkey, but for different reasons.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: He's a very capable battler, having defeated many people who weren't expecting him to be a challenge.
RoxieGym Leader of Virbank City.
BurghGym Leader of Castelia City.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: He loves Bug Pokemon, which Grimsley dislikes.
- Camp Gay
- Official Couple: With Grimsley.
ElesaGym Leader of Nimbasa City.
ClayGym Leader of Driftveil City.
SkylaGym Leader of Mistralton City.
DraydenGym Leader of Opelucid City.
MarlonGym Leader of Humilau City.
- Cringe Comedy: The basis of her first thread with Alder, in which he finds her yaoi fanfiction.
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Female
- Shipper on Deck: Hardcore ships Grimsley x Marshall.
- Yaoi Fangirl
Frank "Gimsley" Mannilow
- Combat Pragmatist: Has no qualms about using manipulative strategies or dirty tactics, so long as they're perfectly fair within the context of a battle. Fitting for a Dark type master.
- Official Couple: With Burgh.
- Straight Gay
- Deadpan Snarker
- The Ojou
- Psychic Powers: Trains Psychic types, and has some herself. She's so far displayed telekinesis and clairvoyance.
ViolaGym Leader of Santalune City
- Adaptational Badass: Her strategic skills have been expanded upon here, making her much more of a threat.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies
- Camera Fiend
ClemontGym Leader of Lumiose City
- Cerebus Retcon: His sister being hit with fireworks was used as Black Comedy in a thread. When actually picked up as a character, the incident was treated with much more gravity.
- Cynicism Catalyst: Becomes more depressed and cynical after a "terrorist attack" (actually rogue fireworks) nearly killed his sister and almost destroyed his Gym.
DianthaKalos's resident Champion
- Adaptational Badass: As opposed to Calem or Serena stopping Team Flare, Diantha was the one who stopped them here.
RedFrom Pokémon Red and Blue.
- The Ace: Hailed as the world's best battler, and has won nearly every match.
- Always Someone Better: To Blue and Leaf.
- No Social Skills: His stoic attitude largely comes from social anxiety.
- Signature Pokemon: Naturally, his Pikachu, Pika.
- World's Strongest Trainer: Though he disagrees.
BlueFrom Pokémon Red and Blue.
- Always Someone Better: To Leaf.
- Character Development: He's learned through his losses and become a better, nicer person because of it.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: In addition to his main six Pokemon, he has a bunch of reserves to use.
- Walking the Earth
LeafFrom Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Her nicknaming process.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: She's a very, very skilled trainer despite her personality.
- Cloudcuckoolander: A little strange, and has a very morbid imagination.
- Cutting the Knot: When presented with an evil Pokemon, she chooses to catch it instead of having a proper duel. This has happened twice.
- Hidden Depths: Leaf really wants to show Red and Blue that she is equal, or even better than them as a trainer.
- Signature Pokemon: She's always accompanied by her Ditto, Ditty.
- Swiss Army Weapon: Ditty's ability to shapeshift grants Leaf a lot of tools, like a Drifblim hot air balloon.
- Weirdness Magnet: She tends to attract very strange and bizarre Pokemon.
Michael CaldwellFrom Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. His actions during his game have lead Cipher to hold a grudge against him.
- Cool Big Bro: Much like in the games, he has a little sister. She hasn't come up in the roleplay in-person, though.
- Disappeared Dad: His dad was killed by Team Cipher.
- Fanboy: Of Wes, the protagonist of Pokémon Colosseum.
- Mighty Glacier: Much of his main team consists of slower, bulkier Pokemon.
- Signature Pokemon: His Vaporeon, Barista. Also associated with his Mega Aggron.
Curtis Caldwell/Christoph ChevalierFrom Pokemon Black 2 And White 2. He doubles as an idol named Christoph, but keeps both lives separate. He believes in using his Pokemon to entertain others and inspire them to be better people or Pokemon.
- The Ace: Christoph is a singer, has his own talk show, hosts events, stars in musicals and is working on his own movie, in addition to being a battler and a Coordinator. Contrast Curtis, who is just a regular guy.
- Disappeared Dad: His father died shortly after he became an idol.
- The Generic Guy: How he sees himself as Curtis. Part of why he keeps two identities is so his fans won't be disappointed with the real him.
- Graceful in Their Element: As Curtis, he's extremely awkward and simple. But in battles, he's very good at coming up with routines to dazzle opponents.
- Living a Double Life: His civilian identity is as a random trainer, while his celebrity identity is a celebrity.
- My Greatest Failure: He was tricked by a member of Team Rocket into helping them capture a mother Garchomp. He has since made it a mission in life to find the Garchomp and return it to its child.
- Signature Pokemon: His Minccino, Leo.
Calem KleinFrom Pokemon X And Y. He's begun his journey with a Charmander, and has set out to master Mega Evolution.
- Imaginary Love Triangle: Michael briefly assumes that Calem is after Tara's love, due to how well they get along and a comment how he once released his Herdier so it could be with its love. Calem remains oblivious about all this.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: He owned a Herdier, but gave it up to another trainer so it could be with a Herdier it loved.
- The Rival: To Tara and Gavin, and somewhat towards Michael. Doubles as Always Someone Better, as he's farther ahead in his respective journey than the others are.
- Signature Pokemon: His Charizard, Charlie.
Serena YvetteFrom Pokemon X And Y. Here, she's a budding fashion designer with not much of an interest in battling.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Back when the roleplay was originally a comedic series of threads on /vp/, he exploded in the middle of sex with a Buizel. This is never brought up once the roleplay becomes more coherent, and doesn't cross over into the reboot.
GiratinaArceus's demonic wife and Goddess of the Distortion World, Giratina is cold and distant. It's hard to tell when she's serious or not. I guess eternal imprisonment in the Distortion World does some damage, huh?
- Ambiguously Evil
- Broken Bird: Shows hints of this.
- Eldritch Abomination: Cyrus refers to her as such.
- Hot as Hell: Apparently Collum believes this.
- Satan: Or at least a rough equivalent
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality
ArceusThe god of the Pokemon world, though not the best at it. He is prone to wild mood swings, which often leave people in the crossfire.
- The Alcoholic
- Story-Breaker Power: Being the ultimate authority and power, he'd be way too powerful to actually use. He's thus off-limits to use.
Tabanna the AudinoA soft-spoken Audino who's mistrustful towards humans. She's often beat up because of her species giving so much Experience Points.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- The Chew Toy
- Corrupt the Cutie: What the Dread Plate does to her in the original story.
- Hollywood Pudgy
- Shrinking Violet
Jason Greene the Grovyle
- Anything That Moves
- Nice Guy: He's very friendly. Even in the reboot, where he's a thief and criminal, he's still a nice guy.
- Green Thumb
- Official Couple: With Celia in he original story.
Peta the Machop
Trapunny the Lopunny
- Ascended Extra: Originally a joke character, Trapunny became a running joke and was adapted into multiple threads.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady
- Dogged Nice Guy: For Jeremy.
Tybalt the Incineroar
- Church Militant: Fought within an order devoted to Solgaleo.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: He and his band of knights were transported all throughout time by Dialga. Tybalt ended up in the present.
- Knight in Shining Armor
- Or Was It a Dream?: After suddenly awakening in the present day, he was left wondering whether or not his time in the past was a dream.
- Shout-Out: He's based on Tybert.
Ace Trainer Kaleb
- Signature Pokemon: Both his Archeops and Tepig, which have appeared with both versions of the character.
- Talking Weapon: His Honedge can talk.
Dr. Hector Hunt
Dr. Rick MonarchsA Physician that often visits the shop. In the original continuity, he was a Luxray, but was rewritten as a human in the reboot.
- The Medic
- Sorry Ociffer: Rick gets drunk at Sandstorm, and accuses Luxray!Jessica of "brolice prutality."
- Signature Pokemon: He owns a Luxray in the reboot.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: He's on multiple teams, including ones that directly oppose each other, and has actively sabotaged missions. The leaders of both Cipher and Galactic have enough of it and try to teach him a lesson.
- Greaser Delinquents: In his teen years.
- The Load: He can be effective, but he's generally a waste of space.
- Mook Maker: He can create copies of his Porygon on a computer. But since they're cut-and-paste jobs, they're extremely glitchy versions of an already-unstable Pokemon.
- Recurring Boss: He works as a Grunt for Cipher, Galactic, Rocket and Plasma, using Trick Room variations to quickly travel between places.
- Signature Pokemon: His Reuniclus, Teddy. After Teddy dies, he takes up a Porygon named Glitchy.
- Space Master: His Reuniclus's Trick Room has been perfected to have a lot of ways to manipulate the enemy. The use of other Pokemon allows for Gaius to essentially do whatever we wants to the opponent.
- Crippling Overspecialization: But because all his Pokemon are slow and tailored to mess with people in Trick Room, they are useless outside of it.
Gavin GaleA new trainer who dreams of seeing his name in lights.
- Heroic BSoD: After he loses to Caitlin during a tournament, on live TV.
- Signature Pokemon: His Luxio, Kirby.
- The Stoic
- Not So Stoic: When he gets worked up about his goals, he can be surprisingly passionate.
- The Unfettered
Solana "Lana" Muffet ThornSunset's sister and model. Also a horrible, horrible person.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Constantly tries to pursue a relationship with Eddie, though this is partly to make her look like less of a racist, mostly so Sunset (who has a crush on him) can't have him.
- Alpha Bitch: Leads an ever-growing Girl Posse and encourages them to bully people.
- Attention Whore: The only way to really win against her is to not give into her provocations, which will enrage her to no end.
- For the Evulz: She often harasses people for fun, or because they annoy her, even if it would be illogical to do so. For example: she'll litter, and then pay people to cover it up with more "glamorous" litter.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Sometimes people being around her offends her.
- Kick the Dog: Every thread with her has her doing this.
- Pet the Dog: She genuinely cares for her Pokemon, though they don't care for her in return.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: She's racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, prejudiced against the unattractive, poor, and basically anyone who is not her.
- Sheltered Aristocrat: A major part of why she's the way she is: she grew up without dealing with issues most people face, and thinks herself better because of it.
- Upper-Class Twit: She uses her vast amount of funds to torture and harass innocent people.
Roxana "Roxy" RusshellAn eccentric woman who devotes her life to being herself. Comes from a family of Delphox-worshippers and is regarded as immoral.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Her most defining trait is that she barely ever follows normality as she found it too boring, along with her parents arguably fitting this trope worse. This leads to everyone having interesting 'interactions' with her due to a very off-putting upbringing. She's getting better with it though.
- Crazy Awesome: Managed to almost burn Lumiose to ash using just illegal fireworks. Managed to save it from the same fate simply by using the surrounding dirt.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Despite looking like a Delphox and generally being vapid, Roxana is surprisingly effective in both hand to hand combat and Pokemon Battles. Also managed to put out the Prism Tower Fire...that she inadvertently caused.
- Pet the Dog: After the entire Prism Tower incident, Roxana got in touch with her family to hotwire Clemont some money to help Bonnie's recovery and his tower.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Roxana managed to put out the Prism Tower fire herself using the dirt from the grass around it. She also saved Bonnie's life this way. Despite her insane and slightly pyromaniac demeanor, Roxana is an excellent strategist and a filthy-good sweet talker to let people know what they want to hear.
- Non-Idle Rich: Despite being from legitimate (if incredibly odd) Kalosian Royalty, Roxana has nothing better to do with her time but to go on adventures, terrorize people by accident, and catch Pokemon.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: When first getting out of the high-society, sometimes she used to stand around waiting for a servant to appear to buy her the item she wanted. Even now, she still has traits of manservants doing things for her, which causes Roxana to sometimes just pause and stare awkwardly.
- Upper-Class Twit: Roxana is very, very hard to follow simply because she's quite the fool. I.E. Using fireworks to rob a bank, then subsequently destroying half of Prism Tower. Her parents are actually worse... Despite this, she possesses unusual intelligence to keep herself out of trouble, or destroy it. See 'Obfuscating Stupidity'.
Tara "Mockingbird"A character from the original roleplay's continuity, who survived the reboot and crossed into the new universe. The version of her that lived in this world was a singer who was murdered by her manager.
- Compelling Voice: She has the power to influence people with her singing voice. This is largely how she amassed a big fanbase: fans would listen to her song and spread it.
- Expy: Designed with Taylor Swift in mind.
- MacGuffin Super Person: Both Cipher and Galactic are after her for her powers. The fact that so many people want her has lead to many jokes about how often people want to kidnap her.
- Signature Pokemon: Her Bibarel, Fluffy. She's also heavily associated with her Mega Altaria.
- Took a Level in Badass: She trained her Pokemon to become stronger, largely to keep herself from being a Damsel in Distress.
Gun GrimdarkA hypothetical character and running Gag, and a parody of Darker and Edgier characters that don't fit the setting.
Most of our retired characters have passed into the aether, but a few that get mentioned from time to time are placed here.
The Badassest Aqua GruntAn Aqua Grunt so badass, he has non-Water Type Pokemon and has been forbidden from becoming an Admin, in fear he'd cramp Archie's style.
- Too Cool to Live
- Joke Character
- Killed Off for Real
- Offscreen Death: Mentioned he died in the Legendary Gangrape of Castelia City when his player was asked about it in a Skype conversation.
GazrielA demon Gardevoir with dark, magical powers.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Was a character from the joke threads on /vp/
Don Alvisio the HonchkrowThe crime lord of Nimbasa who moonlights as a museum curator. Despite being a pokemon, his syndicate is one of the most feared in the underworld.
- Ambiguously Evil
- Chess Master: Became this in a bid for the plates. Three-Legs attempted to play Chess Master right back at him. The Don showed why it was a bad idea.
- The Don: It's in his name, duh.
- Evil Parents Want Good Kids: Does not want his son to be a part of his crime syndicate.
- The Nicknamer: Has given unusual nicknames to people. For example, he calls Caleb "Mr. Magoo", and Giovanni "Jojo".
- Shoot the Dog: What he had to do to Jack when the ??? Plate corrupted him. He got better.
- True Neutral: If he ever seems altruistic, you can usually be sure it's of some benefit to him.
- Villain with Good Publicity: To the public eye, he's Donald Alvin, a museum curator and philanthropist. His actual criminal identity is known to few.
Jeremy the GalladeA well-meaning hitman. His past is shrouded in mystery.
- Elemental Powers
- Have I Mentioned I Am Sexually Active Today?: Supposedly he's had a ton of women. However, the only girl he's ever slept with that wasn't played by his player, was Vladimira. And Vladimira wore the pants in that one-night stand.
- The Hitman Who Doesn't Do Anything: All of his work is implied. He even claimed to have killed Archer, though Archer was shown to be alive and well once the Rocket arc kicked off.