open/close all folders
Voiced (Sometimes) by: Sinikka Compart (German), Lucia Cifarelli (English)The main protagonist of the game, Lilli is a sweet, helpful little girl who doesn't talk much. At the start of the story, she's trapped under the domineering thumb of Mother Superior Ignatz and inexplicably hated by almost everyone at the convent for constantly following the rules. The only person who seems to show any genuine love for Lilli is Edna, and when she ends up stuck in a dangerous situation, Lili must face a new challenge and learn to stand up for herself. But its easier said than done, especially since not everything about Lilli as as it seems...
Tropes applying to Lilli:
- All of the Other Reindeer: Due to her being lethally clumsy, the other kids tend to either bully or stay away from her.
- Girlish Pigtails: Has her hair tied up in two braids
- Only One Name: Unlike Edna, we don't get hear her last name.
- Replacement Goldfish: It's possible that, after whatever happened to Harvey between the first game and this one, Lilli became this for Edna, considering that the latter never seems to mention him or even sound vaguely upset at his absence. When they are reunited later on, Edna sounds genuinely astonished, as if she hadn't expected to ever see him again. Then AGAIN, this is all depending on if Edna even exists at all.
- It's also heavily implied she is this for Alfred also. Their personalities are kind of similar and in Edna's good-bye note she calls Lilly "Lillyfred".
- The Voiceless: Lilli will often attempt to speak up, only to get interrupted every single time. It finally gets subverted in the Contradict ending, where she outright epxlodes at Doctor Marcel, Edna, and Gerret for all the crap they put her through.
- Voiced by: Alianne Diehl (German), Jocasta Gottlieb (English)
Tropes applying to Edna:
- Cool Big Sis: To Lilly.
- Toxic Friend Influence: Edna often encourages Lilly to slack off and go against the rules.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Lilli in the game.
- Walking Spoiler: A bizarre one. Edna's presence in Harvey's New Eyes confirms that the "Harvey Ending" is canon... but then the Twist Ending reveals that the Edna we've been searching for throughout the entire game has been Dead All Along. At least, if Doctor Marcel is correct. We never find out if he is.
Gerret Gordon Gardengore
A mysterious young man who suddenly appeared one day in the convent, often seen sneaking in and out of strange places and watching the students from a distance. As it turns out, he's actually an agent sent to spy on the Mother Superior in order to prove that she's been mistreating her charges. But when Doctor Marcel gets involved with the situation, Gerret becomes Lilli's sole ally in her mission to help Edna and stop the Doctor's plans.
Tropes applying to Gerret:
- Advertised Extra: For someone featured so prominently on the Box cover, he barely appears in the game. This is remarked on by Poki in the developer commentary.
- Ambiguous Situation: Is he just a figment of Lilli's Imagination? Or is he real? This is more pronounced because, unlike Edna, we don't know how Lilli could have heard about him note .
- The Comically Serious: His answer to Edna's Your Mom-joke really says it all.
- Edna: Your momma needs a plan!Gerret: My mother has a plan.