This is the character sheet for the video game Eastern Mind: The Lost Souls of Tong-Nou.
The protagonist, Rin
- Determinator: Seemingly nothing will stop Rin from his quest to retrieve his original soul.
- Have a Nice Death: To be expected, as this game has many ways to die.
- Heroic Mime: Downplayed, as he doesn't speak aloud, but his thoughts are displayed clearly. It's also implied he is talking, but it's never shown.
- The Many Deaths of You: Rin needs to die multiple times and live out 9 different lives to unravel the mystery of the Island of Tong-Nou and the whereabouts of his missing soul. He can burn, be murdered, explode via eating too much, get crushed by a wall, and even by sex.
- Power Glows: At the end of the game when Rin retrieves his original soul, the soul has been purified, causing it and himself to emit a shining golden light
- The Soulless: Zig-Zagged. Although he loses his real soul, Rin receives a temporary soul that he can use until he finds his real one.
- The Woobie: Poor Rin gets his soul stolen at the beginning of the game, and has to venture through the utter insanity that is the island of Tong-Nou, and die multiple times if he wants to retrieve his soul.
Rin's ReincarnationsTropes that apply to all of Rin's reincarnations.
- Gonk: Just like every other character in this game, all of Rin's reincarnations qualify for this trope.
- Playing with Fire: He likes fire a lot, although he's not a very passionate person.
- The Chosen One: Sha's character profile describes him as this, as he is the only one can play the four mystical instruments.
- Temporal Paradox: Dies after sounding an intruder alarm...and either Rin or one of his reincarnations is that intruder, so somehow their reincarnations happen concurrently.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Exaggerated. He's dead before getting out of the menu.
- Temporal Paradox: Retsu is the ant that Byou throws at Moku-Gyou in order to get his Eyeball of Dreaming, meaning that their reincarnations somehow happen concurrently.
- Nerd: Tou is based off of one, as he wears big glasses and works on strange computers.
- Combo Platter Powers: Also can manipulate fire in addition to fate and time.