Main Character Index: The Light | The Legion of Doom | The League of Assassins | The Rogues | The Organized Crime of Gotham | The Salvation Syndicate | The House of Zod | Apokalypse | Other Villains
open/close all folders
- Arch-Enemy: Of the Challengers of the Unknown.
- In Name Only: While they are named after The Cadre, most of their members are Original Characters and none of their canon ones have appeared.
High ranking members
- Action Dad: He's the father of Hayley London/Cyber Witch.
- Alliterative Name: His known alias is Gerhardt Gestern.
- Badass Pacifist: Not on a moral ground, but one field of study which Gestern has never showed much interest in is personal combat. Gestern will rarely ever get his hands dirty. It is likely that he has no taste for violence and while he can be apathetic to its application by others to achieve his shared goals, he personally finds its use unnecessary.
- The Engineer: Gestern has a natural talent for mechanics and technical assembly.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Gestern is a master inventor, able to truly craft just about anything he can imagine.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: His real name hasn't been revealed.
- Original Character: Has no comic book counterpart.
- Photographic Memory: He possesses a powerful and near-perfect memory.
- Psychic Block Defense: After an encounter with the Martian Manhunter, the Thaumaturgist developed a technique that endowed his mind with potent psionic defenses.
- Really 700 Years Old: Nobody knows where he came from but he was born in the early 1800s.
- Super Intelligence: Gerhardt Gestern was known to be an incredibly gifted genius in the time of Tesla and Edison. By all accounts, Gerhardt remains one of the greatest minds ever documented.
- Technopath: The most fascinating skill of Gestern is his ability to fuse magic and technology without having any true magical ability. Through this, Gestern is able to defy the laws of physics with his inventions and achieve wonders that even make the most powerful of sorcerers take pause.
Psycho-Pirate (Regina Hayden)
- Arm Cannon: Just like Victor Stone, she has one on her right arm.
- Composite Character: She's based on Scarlet Taylor, the original Variant, and Vanessa Kingsbury, who was also a member of The Cadre.
- Cyborg: She was rebuilt as a cyborg by the Cadre.
- Multicolored Hair: Her brown hair is dyed black and purple.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: She and her sister both replaces the Lee sisters after Soft Reboot.
- Tag Team Twins: With Uplink.
- Electronic Eyes: Her eyes were burned and later replaced with electronics.
- Multicolored Hair: Her brown hair is dyed pink and blue.
- Original Character: Unlike her sister Variant, she doesn't have a comic book counterpart, although she was based on Vanessa Kingsbury/Shrike and Nightfall.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: She and her sister both replaces the Lee sisters after Soft Reboot.
- Tag Team Twins: With Variant.
Harm (Billy Hayes)
- Agent Peacock: Billy allowed his sister to paint his toenails and fingernails when they were kids.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Except with a sword.
- Asexual: He has no real interest with relationships.
- Badass Normal: At least, from what we can see, he's a normal human who just happens to wield a magical sword.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to Greta's Abel.
- Composite Character: His appearance is based on his Young Justice incarnation.
- Cool Sword: A magic one.
- Deal with the Devil: The source of Harm's powers which involved the sacrifice of his younger sister resulting in the creation of Secret.
- Electrified Bathtub: He killed his sister using this method.
- Evil Orphan: As Greta and her parents learned after adopting him.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has fourth claw marks across his left eye.
- No Shirt, Long Jacket: Harm wears no shirt under his coat, exposing the tattoo over his heart.
- One Of These Is Not Like The Others: He and Psycho-Pirate are one of the few members of The Cadre that aren't original characters.
- Rugged Scar: Has a claw-like scar on his face.
- The Sociopath: Shows no remorse for murdering his sister.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: He replaces Brauzhar The Corruptor after Soft Reboot.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: As to be expected with a life goal like his.
- Cool Sword: Wraith seems to call this weapon his "Godkiller". The weapon seems able to hurt most beings due to a mystical enchantment.
- Original Character: Until his identity is revealed, he must be considered this.
- Powered Armor: The Ikon Suit is a gravity sheath, a point defense system which creates a gravitational tidal effect: the greater the surface area, the weaker the defense shield. The suit is virtually impenetrable against anything around the size of a human fist. It is controlled by gestures along with the EEG (Electroencephalography) leads in the helmet. By over clocking the system, one can create dimensional distortions which allow the wearer to slip in and out of this dimensional frequency, allowing them intangibility and short distance teleportation. The suit also has a sophisticated A.I. programmed into it. This suit was originally designed by David Isherwood, an engineer at LuthorCorp. The suit went missing in 2015. It was believed to have been stolen by Deathstroke but we now believe that Wraith was responsible for not only the theft of the armor but also the murder of Dr. Isherwood.
- Scarily Competent Tracker: A truly capable tracker and survivalist, Wraith has shown himself fully capable to live in a variety of environments with little to no supplies. If compromised, he often will flee deep into the wilderness to disappear where few others can follow. This tactic is how he earned the League name 'The Wraith' after fleeing into a Turkish forest where he survived for months afterward, killing off all those who entered the forest looking for him, earning him the name 'Wraith of Belgrad Forest'.
Governess (Ellen Trechend)
- Badass Normal: While not a student of any particular martial arts, Ellen has been trained in hand-to-hand combat by a variety of military instructors and career operatives. Ellen received high marks in her military training records in this particular area.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She was born to a family of traditional farmers in rural Northern Ireland. At age six, while visiting a Belfast fish and chips shop with her parents, armed IRA terrorists disguised as deliverymen entered the restaurant intent on assassinating high-ranking members of Ulster Defense Association who were believed to be holding a meeting above the shop. the bomb prematurely went off, killing one of the terrorists and ten civilians - Ellen's parents included. Unknown to the terrorists, the UDA meeting had been rescheduled. Ellen herself was among the dozens wounded and she was sent to London for treatment.
- Femme Fatale: Ellen was not utilized in the field often, usually her superiors preferred to keep her working in logistical coordination, strategy planning, and other behind-the-scenes work. However, she was given at least six field assignments in her time as an operative in British military intelligence. The first of these missions was the reason she was initially recruited as an intelligence officer and required intensive undercover work. For this assignment, Ellen was given in-depth training in seduction. Combining this training with her natural physical assets and her sharp improvisational wit, Ellen was shaped into a master seductress.
- Femme Fatale Spy: Ellen is well-versed in espionage and while she could make a capable operative she is better suited for behind-the-scenes management and coordination. She has gained these skills from military training and her own natural intelligence and ingenuity.
- Manipulative Bastard: Ellen is noted as a master manipulator.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: She has red hair and green eyes.
- The Strategist: Ellen is a master tactician and strategist. She has ran numerous task forces and worked as a tactical coordination for a number of special forces operations.
- Been There, Shaped History: During World War II, Shoji joined no army but he was no stranger to the battlefield. Barbara have found a lot of evidence that shows Shoji was an active independent party in the conflict, fighting alongside the Japanese forces or carrying injured Japanese soldiers to safety, only to disappear as mysteriously as he had arrived in the first place. At least once, he infiltrated a U.S. aircraft carrier to sabotage equipment to give his Japanese comrades a tactical advantage.
- Blow You Away: Using the power of Susano-o, Shoji can summon gusts of wind, control the weather, and cast forth lightning from his hands and blade.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: He's a samurai born in medieval Japan.
- Flight: Using his ability to control wind, Shoji can lift himself into the air for short durations. This is clumsy and unnatural for Shoji however and as a rule he generally uses this more for assisted leaps of considerable distance and to cushion his landings from great heights rather than proper flight.
- Honor Before Reason: Though he has done many questionable things, Shoji usually finds way to justify what he does as a means to an end. However if one can cause him to see that he is truly in the wrong, Shoji's honor would likely demand he make amends, or at the very least cease from his actions to seek out the counsel of Susano-o before continuing on his course.
- Immortal: Shoji does not age and seems to recover from most injuries with both haste and little complication or scarring. It is likely he can still meet a violent end, but his resilience and durability seem to skew toward supernatural levels.
- Making a Splash: Shoji can also control water, summoning rain and snow by tapping the moisture in the air or causing a sudden freeze to take hold by lowering the temperature in the ambient air vapor. Shoji cannot conjure water or use the moisture in a human body (Susano-o forbids such a tactic apparently) but near any body of water, he should never be underestimated.
- Master Swordsman: Shoji is a world-class swordsman. Even Barbara suspects he is just as skilled, or more so, than excellent fencers such as Tatsu Yamashiro, Slade Wilson, and Diana of Themyscira.
- Noodle Incident: Shoji Washida had a past encounter with Brauzhar the Corruptor.
- Olympic Swimmer: By combining his control of air and water, Shoji can propel himself underwater at alarming speeds and maintain a bubble of air around his person as well as one or two others. Barbara suspects this is the primary means of travel Shoji uses when he wishes to travel in secret while avoiding a paper trail.
- Really 700 Years Old: Shoji was born Circa 1551 meaning he's century years old.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her costume show her navel.
- Multicolored Hair: Black hair dyed with blue and white.
- Only One Name: Because she was born in a time most people didn't have a last name.
- Purple Eyes: She has purple eyes
- Really 700 Years Old: She was born in ancient Japan before leading her tribe to Themyscira.
Cyber Witch (Hayley London)
- Cyborg: Haley possesses cybernetic enhancements that provide enhanced strength, endurance, and durability. Haley can also interface with computers. Built into her body-armor were an infrared eye, computer generator, Eldritch cannon, and special programming adapters that allow her to interface with other body extensions.
- EMP: Gerhardt Gestern took precautions to shield Haley's components from EMPs but despite his best efforts, Haley still has shown a vulnerability to such attacks. Though unlikely to knock her fully offline, EMPs have the capability of disabling and interfering with some her systems to the point of compromising her tactical ability.
- Eye Scream: She has cybernetic eye on heft eye.
- Genius Bruiser: In addition to her mechanical enhancements, Haley possesses an incredible level of intelligence. No doubt, she inherited this trait from her father. Though she little in the way of higher education, Haley should be considered to be a well-educated chemist, physicist, engineer, and biologist.
- Healing Factor: Haley has access to self-regenerative capabilities of only are her technological parts but also her damaged flesh has also been shown regenerating beneath and around her cybernetic systems. This effect requires access to geomantic energy or other sufficient occult power sources to utilize without causing her to have to reroute other vital systems.
- Lady of Black Magic: Though her body does have some difficulty focusing occult energies to manifest spells (she still can, only she requires additional time and effort than she did as a full-human), many of the spells she mastered in life have been incorporated into her cybernetic parts with talismans, runes etched into her components, and a variety of other effects. Haley herself does still seem to be adjusting to these and usually prefers to only stick to a dozen or so rote spells she has mastered or to rely on her technomantic implants.
- The Needless: Thanks to her cybernetic enhancements, Haley is able to perform at high levels with little need for physical rest. Her cybernetic enhancements also give her considerable resistance to mental fatigue and she can continue functioning for over two days with a little decrease to her performance provided he has ample charge for her components or access to an alternative
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Her bones are reinforced with an orichalcum-steel alloy while the cybernetic parts visible on her outer body are coated with a non-ferrous metal of an unknown origin. Possibly from another plane of reality.
- Super Speed: With special low-friction servos and an accelerated processor, Haley is able to achieve incredible speeds. Her exact speed capabilities remain unknown but she can keep pace with a vehicle moving at freeway speeds.
- Super Strength: Haley's cybernetics afford her greater strength than the average human and in some cases metahumans and extraterrestrials. She is known to be able to press at least 3 tons without much effort.
- Teleporters and Transporters: Through coupling with the so-called "Anti-Monitor Sphere", Haley has integrated some new systems which allow her to access the Cthonic frequency of the Boom Tube network. Typically, this is a charged ability with its own dedicated power source, giving her access to three to five 'jumps' before she needs to access power management protocols for additional jumps.
Hayvon (Dilshod Burkhanov)
- Ambiguously Brown: Subverted; while apparently not born there, Hayvon is likely an Uzbek, since the name "Dilshod" is used by Uzbeks, "Burkhanov" is an exclusively Uzbek surname, and "Hayvon" is the Uzbek translation of the word "Beast". Since the trivia in his profile states his mother wasn't native to the area, she could very likely have been from Uzbekistan.
- Covered in Scars: Most are from his time as a gladiator.
- Foreign Culture Fetish: Hayvon, for no clear reason, has a very positive view of Quebec.
- Healing Factor: When Hayvon is wounded or injured, he repairs from damage at remarkable speeds and usually regenerates without difficulty or risk of infection. While he does have a large portion of scarring, these are from injuries which would likely have killed even the likes of other behemoths.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Hayvon's motivation is to become human again, as he views his current metahuman as a mutation or curse.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Dilshod is a literal titan of a man, able to shrug off most blows and even small arms fire and low grade explosive forces. While high-caliber weaponry and persons of mass destruction can injure and wound him, Dilshod's pain tolerance allows him to continue fighting in nearly all circumstances. I have documented a run-in he had with Gotham's Vigilante (by that I mean, 'the' Vigilante) where the masked man was able to put Hayvon down with an assault rifle's grenade launcher by firing the explosive directly into Hayvon's mouth. The resulting explosion blew out the sides of Hayvon's cheeks and jaw, even leaving scars when they healed, but even that only put Hayvon out of the fight for a couple minutes.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: He intervened to protect a girl from some thugs and the result was getting beaten to near death, getting abducted by aliens, sold into slavery, and becoming a monstrous metahuman gladiator. This all happened to him at the age of eleven.
- Odd Friendship: He has one of these with Shoji Washida.
- Pet the Dog: He's rather polite most of the time and even told Orb Weaver he'd rather not kill her when they fought.
- Super Senses: The Burkhanov Beast has a heightened sense of smell, hearing, taste, and touch. He can track a bleeding person by the smell of their blood from two miles away, he can hear a heartbeat from over half-a-mile out with minimal environmental interference, he can taste particles in the air to know if a specific person passed by within the quarter-hour by the taste of their perspiration in the air, and can feel a person sneaking up on him by the vibrations in the ground (which is another reason Hayvon prefers to go barefoot).
- Unskilled, but Strong: Hayvon has had absolutely no real training, nor does he really need it. His body has evolved into a killing machine, bred for combat, maiming, and killing. His reaction speeds are top-notch and his body generates little fatigue toxins and suffers little in the way of 'adrenal dumps' at the end of a fight. In short, Hayvon is always ready for a fight.
Pandemic (Tierza Calvin)
- Badass Longcoat: her Buckled leather coat.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: She has become aligned to South American terrorist leader (and fellow nihilist) La Maestra Oscura.
- Blood Magic: Pandemic has the ability to manipulate a person's cellular level by touching them, which she has used to kill would-be captors by giving them accelerated brain tumors.
- Cool Mask: Her Plague Doctor's mask.
- Evil Wears Black: She's known to wear a black spandex bodysuit, boots and gloves under a black duster with a black hood under riveted black plague mask attached to to an additional black leather hood.
- Nothing Is Scarier: A mysterious woman with a fetish for dressing the part of an old plague mask. Her true identity remains a mystery even to this day. Even Oracle can't find anything about her.
- Poisonous Person: She has the ability to infect people with any kind of disease instantly as a means of attack or more commonly as a means of torture.
- Purple Eyes
- Straw Nihilist
- Sword Cane: Her signature cane sword which itself lathered in poison or caustic substances.
- Acquired Poison Immunity: She's Highly Resistant to Toxic Substances.
- Anything That Moves: She's pansexual.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: With Psycho Pirate.
- Evil Redhead: Well, She's a demon from hell no less.
- Horny Devils: She's a succubus from hell.
- Monochromatic Eyes: She has green eyes with black sclera.
- Number of the Beast: Her birthday is prior June 6th, 666.
- Playing with Fire: Her Pyrokinesis.
- Prehensile Tail: As a demon she can impale her enemies with her tail.
- Statuesque Stunner: She 6'2" tall.
- Winged Humanoid: She has red angelic wings.
Vagrant (Roberto Andolini Jr.)
- Cool Shades: He wears red tinted glasses.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Underworld has a flair for jury-rigging and improvisational mechanics. Though he is most dedicated to using this talent for creating weapons, death-traps, and instruments of pain, he is also quite skilled at lock-picking, vehicle hot-wiring, and once was able to build a glider in less than three minutes to escape the police who were banging down the door of the 27th floor high-rise hotel room which Underworld was using as a kill-room.
- The Medic: While it is unknown if Underworld is a properly educated medical professional, he has shown comparable skill in the precision of his cuts, knowledge of human anatomy, and ability to keep his victims alive and in excruciating pain for long periods of time.
- Non-Action Guy: Underworld is not skilled in hand-to-hand combat, at least on a level compatible with most professional crime fighters. While he can usually beatdown a typical civilian or take down the average police officer if he gets the jump on them, Underworld can usually only pose a threat to hero types if he has superior firepower or the element of surprise.
- Pop-Cultured Badass: Underworld has a fondness for classic rock, disco, big band music, and other musical performances from the 1920's to late 1970's. If he has need to concentrate, he often finds it helpful to hum such tunes or will turn a nearby radio on and tune it to such music.
- Psychic Powers: Given these powers by the Anti-Monitor (and the skill to use them effectively), Underworld is able to do a variety of effects. Exactly which psychic powers he is able to pull off varies by the target's own mental clutter. Victims who have unresolved tragic pasts, traumatic memories, or dark secrets are usually more prone to Underworld's meddlings than others. The things which Underworld has shown himself capable of doing include Telepathy, mind control, memory rewriting, and illusions.
Alice (Anna Wilson)
- Alice Allusion: Anna is a highly delusional subject, thinking herself to be the titular Alice from Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland" story. She often thinks she is in Wonderland, sometimes shifting to such a belief mid-conversation.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: When properly motivated, Anna Wilson can become a truly devious liar and manipulator. Anna will often play dumb to get those around her to underestimate her.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Alice is a mechanical savant. Daily cell and strip searches are recommended to prevent accumulation of contraband which can be used to assault or escape. She's a world-class robotics engineer on par with the likes of Thomas Morrow or William Magnus.
- Genki Girl: Alice is bubbly and excitable about just about everything. Alice can be quite sweet and loving towards those she's friendly with. She's more than willing to drop everything to help a friend in need. She's especially likely to do so of she can sneak a tea party into the situation.
- Glass Cannon: In hand to hand combat, Alice is by no means a fighter and if there's any sign that she's about to have her ass kicked, she will hike her dress up and run like hell.
- Greed: If money is involved, Anna is more than happy to provide anyone with whatever they want. This loyalty to the all-mighty dollar is only beaten by her devotion to her lover. It could be possible to have Anna betray her new friends in the Cadre for the right price.
- Mismatched Eyes: Her right eye is blue while the left is green.
- Spot of Tea: Anna is quite skilled in the making and preparing of tea. She's obsessed with tea and tea parties, possibly more than Tetch.
- Undying Loyalty: Anna is helplessly devoted to Jervis Tetch. While this does seem to wane with distance and time spent away from him, Anna does seem to replace this devotion with a surrogate, such as her current surrogate: the Underworld Killer. If deprived of her loved one, Anna will often hesitate to make decisions and can be forced to make poor tactical decisions.
- Workaholic: Anna cannot stand being idle. If she is not in the company of Tetch (or suitable replacement) or hosting a tea party, Anna will often wish she were elbows deep in a project in her workshop. If she is left alone for too long, Anna can forget to take care of herself (neglecting eating, drinking, or showering for long periods of time).
Shame of Senael (Max MacKay)
- Acquired Poison Immunity: He's Highly resistant to Toxic Substances.
- Alliterative Name: Max MacKay
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to Ellie's Abel.
- Deal with the Devil: He sold his family's souls for a drug called Purgatory. Elissa MacKay is the only survivor due to the timely intervention of Flagerethon (who couldn't protect the whole family due to gambling online).
- Drugs Are Bad: He consumed a drug called Purgatory. This was bad mix with Max. As it turns out that the "Purgatory" is a rather arcane drug with origins in another infernal realm one controlled by demons sworn enemies of the devils of Melothm. This drug caused reaction to Max's Infernal potential and only stroke flames in his addiction, Accelerating his decline into addiction and slowly causing to evolve into an infernal being.
- Half-Human Hybrid: He's an Infernal-Human hybrid.
- Mismatched Eyes: Has green on his left and blue on his right. In his demon form it glows in Monochromatic Eyes.
- Playing with Fire: As a result of awakening his demonic powers he has pyrokinesis.
- Pointy Ears: Got this his demon form
- Power Dyes Your Hair: His brown hair turns white when he's in his demon form.
- Self-Made Orphan: Max likely did not fully grasp what he was doing when he returned home and killed his parents and his brother Nick in the most horrific manner.
- Eyepatch of Power: He has an eyepatch on his right eye.
Former Members erased from the previous Timeline
See the Characters removed from Continuity page