open/close all folders
Challengers of the Unknown
Arkham-X (Nathaniel "Nate" Scofield)
Click for Civilian Look
- Accidental Misnaming: That or Malicious Misnaming with a dose of Trolling, but he keeps confusing Cerberus with Catman, despite the latter's repeated protests.
- Amicable Exes: With his ex-wife Lisa Snart.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Nathan suffers from an attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and a general need to draw attention to himself. It is also possible he suffers from having a histrionic personality.
- Bash Brothers: With his half-brother Erik Kassidy/Puma.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Arkham X is known to break the fourth wall from time to time, having his own DeviantArt account he uses to comment of deviations about himself and argue with other users.
- Chest Insignia: A red X on his chest.
- Combat Pragmatist: Despite his rather unorthodox fighting style and reliance on a lot of dirty fighting techniques, Nathan is a remarkable combatant, though Oracle mainly believe most of this is accounted for by his abnormal good fortune and not reflective of true fighting ability. No way he can hold his own against Dinah, even on her worst day, without something being truly wrong with the universe.
- Composite Character: He's a cross between this, Composite Character and Canon Immigrant. Nathaniel is a mash-up of Red X from the Teen Titans animated series and the titular character from Batman: Arkham Knight with an original identity, backstory and personality.
- Death Seeker: Nathan exhibits some self-destructive ideation. He does not believe he is suicidal, rather he is just seeking to "go out In a blaze of glory".
- Empowered Badass Normal: Nathan tests positive for meta-gene, but it does not register as activated, despite his obvious superhuman abilities. It is possible this is the result of deliberate experimentation to create 'shadow-metas'. Nevertheless, he displays the following abilities:
- Le Parkour: Nathan is extraordinarily coordinated and balanced, able to do feats requiring amazing precision and grace. He often seems to 'act a bit clumsier' to downplay this or simply to keep people guessing.
- Super Strength: Nathan's physical strength falls in the range of a borderline Class I enhanced strength-user.
- Super Toughness: Nathan is able to maintain peak physical health on a diet of saltine crackers and peanut butter.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Nathan has ruffled a lot of feathers in his time. These include The Joker, Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, Killer Moth, Firefly, Jeremiah Arkham, Mayor March, Ronin, Cerberus, Hotshot, Nightwing, Batwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, Spoiler, Robin, and really just about anyone else he encounters.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Nathan has a scar over his right eye. This scar was received during the riot in 2009 at Blackgate Correctional Facility. During his fall from the tower, his face scraped some razor wire, only barely missing his eye.
- Heroic Ambidexterity: Nathan is ambidextrous. For some reason, possibly as a habit created to conceal his identity, he uses his right hand as the dominant hand when in costume and the left when out of costume.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: Nathan Scofield is actually currently listed by Batman as one of the top ten thieves in the world. This is assessed by a combination of his skill, powers, gear, and his sheer dumb luck. He is also on an ARGUS watchlist, recently placing one notch over Leonard Snart.
- Manipulative Bastard: As remarked by Dr. Roy Westerman, Nathan "is known to be very manipulative. DO NOT TRUST HIM!"
- Odd Friendship: Remains close with Rocky Ballantine, feeding her information whenever he finds some concerning the death of their mutual friend Kevin.
- Official Couple: With Emma Campbell.
- Pop-Cultured Badass: Nathan's favorite movie is Gremlins. He reportedly has a stuff 'Gizmo' doll on the Sphere which he uses to 'protect his room' while he is away. Eerily, he talks to it and seems to actually know if someone was in his room after doing so.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: Nathan has a history of rules violations. Often times he just can't help himself and has to do something just because he was told he should not do just that.
- Shout-Out: His patient number (#90404) is a nod to the air date of his first appearance in Teen Titans 2003 animated series: September 4th, 2004.
- Stalker Without a Crush: Nathan is a big 'Robin' fanboy. He collects any 'Robin' memorabilia he can and seems to like 'stalking' the past Robins whenever he finds them out on patrol.
- Tattooed Crook: He's got several tattoos: an violet orchid pierced by a sai, letter N with wings, letters EP with a lightning and an Egyptian mask.
- Third-Person Person: Nathan suffers from an apparent severe disconnection from reality at times or at least enjoys emulating such behavior for the attention it gives him to the point of refusing to break from this character... and when Barbara say character, She means, he literally refers to himself as a fictional character at times.
Cerberus (Hank Henderson)
Click for Civilian Look
- Alliterative Name: Hank Henderson.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Hank's bodily functions have been trained to the near-pinnacle of human conditioning; therefore, his strength, speed, stamina, senses, agility, reflexes, accuracy, durability, recovery, flexibility and combat skills are at remarkably superb levels, but are in no way enhanced. Hank is strong enough to punch an individual through a wooden or thin-metal door; able to break thin steel bars with his bare hands; fast enough to catch-up or outrun moving vehicles over short distances; and able to recovery from severe injuries in less than half the time a regular person might require.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Hank has a serious aversion to feet. It's like an anti-fetish. He is revolted by the smell of feet and will ask barefooted people to put socks on. Hank owns no sandals or flip-flops.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Hank is a skilled mechanic and engineer, having studied professionally.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Hank's facial scar has been with him since his military day, possibly before. Oracle cannot verify where it came from. Hank himself has been known to tell different stories concerning how he got it. He seems to enjoy seeing what stories people will believe.
- Handicapped Badass: He has a Bum Knee. Hank took some shrapnel to the leg once, leaving him with a wicked scar and some significant damage to the joint. Though he has mended the injury quite well, if someone is aware of this injury or Hank takes a blow in just the wrong way, he can be put out of the fight and left screaming in agony until medical attention is rendered.
- Imaginary Friend: Oracle doesn't know if Hank has an imaginary friend or what, but when he's alone and trying to sort something out, he often talks to himself as though he were talking to someone name 'Harv'. She wonder if this a friend he lost in the military, but have yet to find someone matching this description in Hank's military records, though granted most of them are classified.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Though in no way intentional, Hank is inclined to social exclusiveness and can often absentmindedly rebuff the advances of people from lower social statuses or ability.
- Kick the Dog: Hank has a mild fear (he says 'aversion') to small dogs, such as chihuahas. He calls them ankle-biters and will not tolerate them being near him, often keeping them at bay with his feet or tossing them into a room and shutting the door.
- Military Superhero: As an elite member of Delta Force, Hank is almost super-humanly skilled in all forms of special operations including but not limited to Mercenary Works, Counterintelligence, Black Propaganda, Counter-Terrorism, Guerrilla Warfare, Direct Action, Counterinsurgency, Assassination, Close Target Reconnaissance, Unconventional warfare, and so forth. He attained this mastered through special training and mental conditioning, making use of his combined high intellect and a high level of physical acumen to create a quasi-super solider. Hank's experience of special operations is highly diversified, including but not limited to reconnaissance and surveillance in hostile environments, training and development of other states' military and security forces, offensive action, sabotage, demolition, and high-stakes hostage rescue.
- Millionaire Playboy: Hank is independently wealthy. Though he is in no way rich enough to be compared to Oliver Queen or Bruce Wayne, money is not a concern he has to deal with.
- Mythical Motifs: His codename and cowl is based of the Greek mythology three-headed hound.
- Official Couple: With Lauren Drake.
- Pop-Cultured Badass: Hank is a fan of science fiction, anime and martial arts films.
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2018 this character is now removed from the E27 continuity.
- Stealth Expert: Hank's suit is a high-density armored fabric with kevlar plating integrated with a sound reducing weave allowing him to retain his mobility and move about without causing excess noise. His mask has countermeasures to avoid incapacitation by Hellfire Bombs. He has recently installed increased ear protection to allow him to better coordinate assaults with Lauren Drake and Dinah Lance.
- Warrior Monk: Hank is a practitioner of Zen Buddhism and Tai Chi.
Ronin / Heretic (Joseph Kane)
Click for Civilian Look
Click for Heretic
- Acquired Poison Immunity: Joseph's body neutralizes all detrimental contaminants within minutes of exposure making him partially immune and highly resistant to all poisons, toxins, venom's, viruses, bacteria, diseases, disorders, parasites, allergens, radiation, and even mind control.
- The Ageless: Joseph will not age beyond his prime, allowing him to retain his physical prowess, health, vitality and youthful appearance indefinitely. This theoretically makes him immune to natural death.
- The Atoner: Ronin, after he has the Suit of Sorrows removed.
- Battle Boomerang: Nicknamed 'Jitterbugs', these weapons are utilized much the same as a shocker Batarang.
- Combat Medic: Joseph is a skilled physician and surgeon.
- Domino Mask: Touch-sensitive controls on the mask control different filters of vision as well as detective mode and a connection to the Batcomputer.
- Drugs Are Bad: Joseph is addicted to Nth Metal as a result of his time spent wearing the Suit of Sorrows without having undergone the proper rituals and preparations needed to wear the suit without harmful effect. As a result of this, exposure to Nth metal can cause Joseph to relapse, experiencing withdrawal symptoms and aggressive, violent behavior.
- Empowered Badass Normal: Due to receiving the same military experimental serum that his biological father was injected with, Joseph Kane's physiology was changed permanently. The procedure likely crippled his mind and body at first, as it had done to Slade. Then, the serum rebuilt his physical and mental faculties further than a human could process or build. These enhancements make Joseph Kane a superhumanly enhanced human.
- Fedora of Asskicking: For the fashion conscious vigilante.
- Fun with Acronyms: Joseph uses acronyms for anything and everything he can.
- Genius Bruiser: His mind works at incredible speeds and is his greatest asset. Able to think and perceive 9 times faster and utilize that much more of his mind than average human for information processing and sorting.
- Healing Factor: Joseph can regenerate damaged or destroyed bodily tissue with far greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. As such, Joseph's body can take a tremendous amount of punishment before succumbing to death. Gunshot and stab wounds, cuts, and broken bones can perfectly heal within the hour.
- Hollywood Hacking: Even before he dated Barbara, he was a pretty good hacker. Now he's phenomenal, but he's still got a lot to learn.
- Lightning Bruiser: He's able to easily run at speeds of 45 mph and make precision strikes at close range that even a speedster is hard-pressed to avoid. In combination with his reflexes, he is able to dodge gunfire or deflect bullets with a sword, bo staff, or other weaponry.
- Mr. Fixit: Joseph firmly believes he can fix just about anything with duct tape. He carries two rolls in his utility belt.
- Name's the Same: In-Universe. He actually has the same first name as his half-brother Joseph Wilson, better known as Jericho.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Joseph's skin, bone, and muscle tissues are considerably stronger and harder than human and the tissues are impervious to injury to a limited degree.
- Official Couple: With Candice Yacoub/Adamantae.
- Omniglot: He speaks English, Spanish, French, German, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Hebrew, Italian, and Yiddish. He refuses to learn Russian.
- Otaku: He is obsessed with the Tokugawa era of Japanese history. He collects replicas of art from that era (donating authentic pieces he acquires to museums and universities).
- Le Parkour: Due to a lifelong interest with acrobatics after watching the Flying Grayson's perform as a child, Joseph spent some time honing his skills. He also has mastered parkour and free-running techniques to aid him in navigating the urban jungle of Gotham.
- Pop-Cultured Badass: Joseph is a huge nerd/geek. While his interests are all over and pretty typical (sci-fi, fantasy, comics), he is especially savvy in theatre.
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2019 this character is erased from E27 continuity.
- Simple Staff: His signature weapon is a bo staff which he has trained to remarkable skill levels with.
- Super Reflexes: He possesses enhanced reflexes, flawless dexterity, and coordination. His reaction speed allows him to automatically and casually dodge gunfire from multiple assailants from anything distance further than close range. He's able to instantly discern the motivations of people and situations, allowing him to instantly act and react to danger.
- Super Strength: Joseph Kane's entire muscular system was hardened and fortified making him many times stronger and durable than humans. He places this capability into his strikes, augmenting the concussive force of his attacks. His strength is sufficient enough to press about a 1 ton with ease and has demonstrated enough might to move 3 tons with effort, but the full limits of his strength have yet to be determined. He is strong enough to easily cut through a car with his sword, and even trade blows sufficient to incapacitate Royal Amazons, such as Donna Troy. This classifies as Class III strength according to ARGUS.
- Super Toughness: Theoretically, Joseph Kane can exert himself at peak capacity for several days, and possesses superhuman pain-tolerance, willpower, vitality, virility, vigor, endurance, tenacity and lung capacity. It should be noted that his mind would still suffer the effects of sleep-deprivation.
Spider-Bat (Mark Mish)
Click for Civilian Look
- Against My Religion: Zigzagged. Mark has an strict Judeo-Muslim diet: no pork, no alcohol, no shellfish (except Lobster, which he admits he cant resist). He also will not have meat and dairy simultaneously unless its a hamburger and milkshake together (another thing he admits to not being able to resist). No leavened bread during the Passover week either.
- Alliterative Name: Mark Mish.
- Ascended Fanboy: Unabashed and unapologetic Batman fan to this day; idolizes him and follows many of his exploits closely. Bruce respects his commitment to the cause and thinks his heart is in the right place.
- Badass Normal: Mark is mainly skilled in Karate, but still has some ability in Boxing and Judo. He has a membership at the Wildcat Gym.
- Cultured Badass: Likes old music, with a preference for Mozarts works, Nessun Dorma, the 1812 and William Tell Overtures, and, for something more recent, Frank Sinatras music (with Ive got you under my skin as his favorite). Refuses to listen to almost any modern music that is not from a musical or soundtrack music (to which he considers John Williams and Hans Zimmer the best).
- Pop-Cultured Badass: Likewise, has a soft spot for older movies, though he enjoys newer films as well. Can usually be counted on to be watching something with Hotshot in the pairs down-time.
- Dreadful Musician: Mark cannot sing. Seriously. Not that this fact will actually stop him from trying. Also prone to whistling.
- Dual Wielding: Uses a pair of customized blades which Mark has trained himself to become quite proficient with.
- Expy: Of Peter Parker.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Mark is an exceptional chemist, as evidenced by his ability to create his special capsules.
- Mark is a decent mechanic and is good with tools. He is a bit of a computer nerd and is able to build and repair a computer and do some light hacking. He is also skilled enough with miniaturization fabrications as he can craft his interesting little capsules.
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: Since joining Batman Inc, Mark has a grapnel gun. He is still learning to use it effectively however and has trouble finding the right whir speed for the retraction motor, often causing Mark to make bad landings or slam into walls in a less than flattering manner.
- I Shall Taunt You: Though he mostly does this as a way to overcome his social anxiety, Mark has actually found a way to weaponize his constant need to ramble and uses it to taunt his enemies into making mistakes or luring them into traps he has set.
- Occult Detective: Due to his experiences with the Dark Justice, Mark is actually become something of an occult expert and is not easily startled by much, but he is genuinely afraid of werewolves and gets a bit skittish when a full moon is out. Interestingly, though, Mark has a thing for werecats and describes them as "adorable".
- Religious Bruiser: Mark's upbringing is Reform Jewish on his fathers side and Sunni Muslim on his mothers side; but due to his time among the Sons of Batman, he can actually quote a plethora of Christian Bible verses.
- Skilled, but Naïve: Still young and fairly new to the Superhero business; not stupid or inept, but more likely to make mistakes than someone whos been doing for it years and years on end. Mark's relative inexperience and lack of any real training also means that he is not always aware of things that are common knowledge among older heroes.
- Wall Crawl: Due to his wall-collision problems, Luke Fox rigged up some experimental features for Mark's suit, giving him pseudosuction cups in his gloves and boots in the form of electrostatic molecular adhesion griplocks that allow him to stick to solid surfaces and scale up and down. If all else fails, Mark has an emergency quick deployment parachute built into his suit as well.
- Why Did It Have to Be Spiders?: Is actually afraid of spiders and only took the name "Spider" because of Eric Needham's insistence. Now, Mark sort of keeps the name as a way of using his fear against evil-doers, which is very Batman-ish of him.
Panthra (Katie Pierce)
Click for Katie Pierce
- Badass Bookworm: Panthra is an avid reader, even now. Her favorite genres are mysteries and criminal dramas.
- Birthday Hater: She doesnt celebrate holidays or birthdays, and hasnt since her family died.
- Dead All Along: The real Katie Pierce committed suicide. The being known as Panthra had found her lifeless body in the tub at her apartment, smuggling the body out and burying it with the young womans parents. Panthra then spent the next few months assuming the life of Katie Pierce.
- Doesn't Like Guns: Panthra is afraid of firearms, more specifically, handguns. She won't tell anyone why, but she panics when she sees them.
- Dude Magnet: Panthra emits a strong feminine animal odor, usually only detectible by other animals and highly sensitive human males. The hormones fluctuations that occur when she goes into heat make this smell stronger and can cause weak-minded men to be more attracted to her than they ordinarily would be. The effect may extend to women, but Panthra has not tested this idea yet.
- Expy: Of Nightcrawler, although their powers and personalities are different.
- Fights Like a Normal: Panthra uses a mixture of Taekwondo, Wing Chun, Jujitsu, and feral fighting techniques. Her animal side makes her fighting unpredictable, save for her penchant for biting and stinging her opponents.
- Healing Factor: Panthras metagene allows for her body to repair itself up to four times faster than a regular human. Bruises for example, seem to vanish within a day or so, rather than a week.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Panthra feels she is very off-putting, and perhaps even ugly. Even when people tell her shes attractive, Panthra doesnt quite believe them.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Panthra can emit a high pitched noise, then listen for the echo using both her ears and her whiskers, which normally lay flat against her face. The sonar works underwater, as well as on land.
- The Medic: Panthra is an adept healer. With her sonar, she can see within a persons body to a degree and find broken bones. Shes great under pressure, and puts her patients health before anything else. Panthra can detect internal bleeding and even pregnancy based on her sonar and her sense of smell.
- The Mentally Disturbed: Panthra fears fire and close, cramped spaces. Putting her in a cage or forcing her near fire can trigger a feral terror.
- Noodle Incident: She lost her virginity to Flagerethon while she was trapped aboard the Monitor Sphere and went into heat. Flag shape-shifted into Nightwing to accomplish this.
- Omniglot: Panthra is fluent in English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, American Sign Language, and Mandarin.
- Le Parkour: With her natural agility, Panthra is adept at acrobatics and is extremely flexible.
- The Pessimist: Panthra is a realist. She knows life isnt fair and is more likely to the bad side to things than she is to see the good. The glass is definitely half-empty for Panthra, or all the way empty, depending on the situation. She always mentally jumps to the worst conclusions, and is surprised when the worst doesnt happen. Panthra is prone to melancholy and depression.
- Poisonous Person: Panthra has access to three venoms: A sleeping toxin, a paralytic, and a tachycardic compound. She is immune to her own venom, and many others.
- Prehensile Tail: Panthras four foot tail is prehensile and strong like a boa constrictor. The powerful muscles can support the weight of a full grown man, and the tail is tipped with two stingers, each with its own venom.
- Psychic Block Defense: Panthra is not telepathic, but she is aware if a telepath is touching her mind. She often reacts with extreme violence and anger at the intrusion.
- Scary Teeth: Panthras incisors are all shark teen on the bottom and feline on the top, her molars, are thankfully, normal. Panthra also has fangs that lay against her upper palate, extending when she chooses to envenomate someone.
- Sense Freak: Panthra finds bright lights, loud or high-pitched noises, and tough textures to be extremely painful. She has to use sunglasses or her nictitating membranes when outside during the day. Dog whistles hurt her ears just as badly as jackhammers or jet engines.
- Socially Awkward Hero: Being so far removed from society for so long, Panthra is not only shy and frightened in crowds, but often simply cant relate to others and is prone to anxiety attacks and panic with confronted in a social situation. She cannot go to places like shopping malls or movie theaters without intense fear, or under the influence of prescription anxiety medications. She has an intense dislike of social conflict and usually shuts down or leaves the room if there is arguing going on, even if she is not involved in the argument.
- Stealth Expert: Due to over 30 years of keeping to herself, Panthra is an expert in stealth. She can hide anywhere due to both her coloration and her holographic technology. She can blend in to any crowd, and vanish into shadows.
- Sterility Plague: As a genetic amalgam, Panthra cannot have children biologically. No one is genetically compatible with her, and any attempt to breed would be fruitless. This fact makes her unhappy.
- Wolverine Claws: Her claws on her hands and feet are about an inch long, and can puncture solid steel. The claws are retractable and hooked at the tips like bird talons.
Fox (Jack Dahl)
Click for Civilian Look
- Absurd Phobia: Jack has a strange fear or dislike for drinking straws... of all things.
- Action Dad: He's the adopted father of Lizzie Dahl.
- The Alcoholic: Jack is a drinker. Not always a heavy one, but he has become absolutely wasted on a number of occasions. It's during these occasions that his emotional suppression is fully dropped and all of his feelings come out in a burst making him sometimes act with hyperactive joy, become angry and aggressive (resulting in a back alley brawl with some unfortunate thugs), confused and sleepy and often at the climax of all of these outbursts intense sorrow.
- Animal Motifs: The Fox while his mask is based of the Kitsune.
- Badass Normal: Jack's body and mind have been forged from a young age to make him into a lethal weapon in hand to hand combat. Jack never goes in for the kill but is more than prepared and able to deliver bone-breaking blows and deliver instant knockout punches to the head and chest. His style is hard and fast, he won't waste time and will hit his enemies where it will do the most damage and will ensure a quick knockout. When fighting an enemy more experienced he will play it out, his endurance is something he has worked a LOT on so he can often outlast his foes before delivering a decisive blow.
- Dark and Troubled Past: From what Oracle had been able to piece together through Jack's conversations is that he did not have a pleasant childhood. Owing to parental neglect and emotional (sometimes physical) abuse, the separation from his little sister at the age of twelve, and a very socially harmful time at secondary school; Jack carries a lot of unresolved childhood trauma that he deals with to this day.
- Genius Bruiser: Jack is no slouch when it comes to building his own toys. He constructed his entire sonic arsenal, right down to the swords and made his cyberflesh armor himself. Since moving to Gotham he still designs all his own weaponry and gadgets but often collaborates with Lucius (or even his son Lucas in secret) to get the best results. As part of his day job, Jack is a Lead Technical Engineer at Wayne Enterprises, and he has the technical aptitude to back it up.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Joseph Kane.
- The Insomniac: Jack has a difficult time getting out of bed every morning. It's hard to say if this is due to being hungover, having morning pains, didn't sleep well due to nightmares, or just the general unwillingness to continue on with his life.
- Master Swordsman: He has been trained in almost every sword style used in the world, learned from Japanese masters, Chinese Senseis and an Italian Blacksmith whom always tested his metal after forging it. From all these teachers Fox forged his own combat style to match his hit them hard fast close quarter combat, and has the upper body strength required to use his sword as fluidly and effectively as possible.
- The Mentally Disturbed: Jack suffers from a litany of mental and personality disorders including monophobia, depression, and schizophrenia.
- Mixed Ancestry: Jack is of multiracial heritage. DNA testing suggests he is 50% Central African, 25% Eastern European, and with scattered low percentages of Chinese, Mongolian, and Middle Eastern.
- Official Couple: With Margret Rivera.
- Omniglot: Apparently Jack is a well travelled man will pick up the odd phrase in certain languages, Jack however has learned how to speak fluently in French, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Chinese and Russian. Despite being a British national his dialect sounds so natural when speaking in these foreign tongues one could mistake him for a Frenchman, he also maintains some contact with former informants in Europe.
- Pop-Cultured Badass:
- He's a massive TV and movie buff.
- He's a big fan of Samurai Jack and is sometimes heard humming the theme tune even when on missions.
- Powered Armor: Constructed through nanomachines weaving in kevlar into a thin layer of custom synthoid skin which is also highly resistant. Fox's armor is made light but not at the expense of defense or endurance. When Cyberflesh is damaged it can only be repaired by nanomachines, Fox's armour is virtually bulletproof but can be cut by armor-piercing rounds and by swords of similar calibre to Kamali.
- Ret-Gone: He's replaced literallyto Ystina by Anti-Monitor's Reality Warper effect.
- Robot Buddy: Chirpy, A prototype scout drone constructed with Jude. A sonic pellet fashioned with a camera and rotor blade the little thing flutters into the fray and scans the terrain and sends the visual back to Fox's mask. The pellet was dubbed a chirpy owing to the noise it makes, Lizzie thought it was cute.
- Stealth Expert: Jacks 's armor has a stealth feature able to suppress sound, heightening his sneaking capabilities. Jack can also control his breathing to make almost no noise at all.
- The Strategist: Jack's mind has been conditioned mercilessly to be ready to take on any foe, often making pre-planned strategies so as to already know how to best his enemy before he engages them. Fox does not waste time, he will not toy with his opponent and will not give any opportunity for them to get the upper hand if he can shut them down first. When facing an opponent he has no experience or pre-planned strategy with he will not underestimate them but rather opt for the defensive and analyse their fighting style and at the first sign of weakness he will exploit it and knock them down.
Suicide / Puma (Erik Kassidy)
Click for Civilian Look
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Like his mother and brother Nathan, Erik also suffers from an attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and a general need to draw attention to himself. It is also possible he suffers from having a histrionic personality.
- Badass Driver: Erik is an excellent driver due in part to his heightened reflexes and coordination as a result of his fighting training. His favorite vehicle to drive is the motorcycle and he has drives a modified Indian stunt motorcycle, which he uses to get around Gotham both as a civilian and as a vigilante by using a reversible license plate. He used to call it the "SuiCycle" but I am unsure if he still does.
- Badass Normal: Erik Kassidy is among of Ted Grant's most impressive pupils. As a result of his training, Erik is a world-class boxer and has mastered several other fighting styles like Muay Thai, Capoeira, Krav Maga, and Hapkido.
- Canon Immigrant: His first persona of Suicide is based off the masked wrestler of TNA/Impact Wresling.
- Comfort Food: If he could, Erik would have waffles with a vanilla milkshake for every meal.
- Empath: Erik is incredibly intuitive and perceptive, particularly when it comes to emotions. Erik is usually able to fully interpret the emotions, moods, and temperaments of others by observation. While the effect seems to be almost immediate with friends and family, he can usually diagnose a stranger within a minute or two. In a fight, Erik can use this knowledge to play against his enemies by taunting.
- The Idealist: Erik's conduct is influenced by ideals that often conflict with practical considerations. Erik therefore can be unrealistic and impractical, guided more by ideals than by practical considerations.
- Legacy Character: After a visit to Hell, Erik decided to change his Suicide identity. Ted Grant gave him his Wildcat mask and a new name "Puma".
- Ludd Was Right: Erik doesn't have an e-mail address. He's a bit of a Luddite and refuses to even get a smartphone.
- Meat Versus Veggies: Downplayed. Erik is a vegetarian... with the exception of hot dogs. You can't convince him that they are made of "real meat".
- Nice Guy: Erik is a very charitable person. Once per day, he buys something and gives it away to a random stranger during the course of his day.
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2018 this character is now erased in E27 continuity.
- Sequential Artist: Erik is a sketch artist. He likes to doodle pictures of waitresses, customers, and other people he sees on napkins at his favorite diner. If he is bored or has time to kill, he will draw pictures at other times as well. He especially likes drawing women who don't realize how beautiful they truly are.
- Sociopathic Hero: Due to his inability to sympathize with psychopaths and sociopaths, Erik has a difficult time relating to them and adapting to their combat styles. This effectively negates his empathy and empathy related techniques.
- There Was a Door: Erik hates doors that open themselves. He always hesitates for a second before walking through them.
Hot Shot (Michael Walsh)
Click for Civilian Look
- Badass Bookworm: Michaels ability to store knowledge, relevant and irrelevant, makes him a great asset in trivia, whether it be his vast historical knowledge (most of which comes from his uncle) or his extensive mental encyclopedia of film facts. His trivial knowledge has led to random bits of inspiration which have helped him when he's undercover and has to lie on the spot, taking inspiration from famous movie scenes and using quotes to stay undetected.
- Cool Shades: As Hot Shot, his glasses turn into black shades.
- Deadpan Snarker: Michaels fast thinking brain is shown by his quick wit. Michael has a tendency to make off-handed witty comments, usually with a sarcastic tone, that have either made him beloved for his humor, or despised for his smart ass attitude that is falsely assumed.
- Empath: Michael's acting ability, combined with his upbringing by two missionaries, means he is able to empathize heavily with those around him. His ability to relate to others, listen to them and offer advice has made him a trustworthy friend to many. This goes both ways as Michael has in turn found some close friendships were he's been able to open up about his personal struggles and share how he's grown and dealt with his issues which has helped others.
- Handicapped Badass: Michael is asthmatic and has recurring knee and spine problems for a car crash he was in when he was 15. His increased training has helped him strength his lungs and back but his knees are still dodgy enough that he might require surgery. When Michael was in a car crash, he received two compression fractures in his spine, tore all the ligaments in his neck and dislocated both his knee caps.
- Mixed Ancestry: Michael is a proud Auzwi, a term coined by his dad that combines Aussie and Kiwi.
- Must Have Caffeine: He loves coffee and on average has three-four cups a day.
- Photographic Memory: Michael is highly observant with a keen eye for detail. His ability to read a situation and deduce possible outcomes whilst also taking into account the possible outliers makes his deductive reasoning very sound which improves his skills in archery and surveillance.
- Pop-Cultured Badass:
- He loves animated films, particularly PIXAR and Disney with his favorite films being The Incredibles and Beauty and the Beast, respectively.
- Michael's favorite movie is The Princess Bride but he believes the best movie ever made is either Schindler's List or The Shawshank Redemption.
- Religious Bruiser: Michael is a strong Christian and identifies as a Pentecostal Baptist.
- The Straight and Arrow Path: Michael has trained extensively under Tim Drake, Oliver Queen, Hank Henderson, Lauren Drake and Victor Stone among others. His area of expertise is archery but he has became a more adept fighter recently. Despite his poor eyesight, his deductive reasoning, and keen eye for observation allows him to stay on target even when he can't see it.
- Teen Genius: Michael has an IQ of 134, and a grade one eidetic memory. His memory allows him to remember the majority of what he reads, writes and hears.
- Trademark Favourite Food: His favorite food is Pizza. His favorite kind of pizza is Meatlovers.
Orb-Weaver (Margret Rivera)
Click for Civilian Look
- Absurd Phobia: Mags is afraid of door to door salesmen. She will refuse to answer the door if she spies one through the peephole and will actually go to a far room and wait several minutes for them to leave. Thankfully, there are no such people in Themyscira.
- Asexual: Margret's asexual but she leans on Bisexual Tendencies.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Her on/off relationship with Jack Dahl.
- Divine Parentage: She's the daughter of Phobos.
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: Mostly used to help block sensory overload and prevent her soulgazing from accidentally triggering, Mags can use this specialized gear to shift between several visual spectrums and scan visual data. In order to help Mags in social situations, the goggles also have a facial data analytical tool to help her gauge a person's emotional state and the possibility of deception.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: She has burned mark on her shoulder after surviving on a fire on a building.
- Healing Factor: Mags' natural regenerative abilities allow her to recover from injury within minutes to hours. She possesses an incredible immunity from nearly all poisons, toxins, as well as simple diseases. If she is injured to a critical level, she may engage in an Amazonian ritual she was recently taught wherein she can become "one with the Earth" (covering herself in dirt, sand, or rocks) and recover her vitality within an hour.
- Hidden Depths: Mags is pretty good at math, not a super genius and can't do much in her head but she does algebra equations like some people do crosswords or idly doodle.
- Kryptonite Factor: As the daughter of Phobos, Mags shares his weakness to weapons made of Adamant. Injuries caused by such weapons inflict painful wounds upon the divine, causing damage which heals at a much slower rate and contaminates the ichor in their blood, causing their veins to turn black.
- The Navigator: Mags has an incredible sense of direction. Almost like she has a psychic compass.
- Occult Detective: Since learning of her heritage, Mags has spent a considerable time learning about Greek lore and on Themyscira, Mags would often spend her idle time in the quiet halls of the library, combing through their annals to uncover more of the mysteries about her heritage.
- Official Couple: With Jack Dahl.
- Outliving One's Offspring: She lost her eight year old son Caleb after being suffered severe burns in two weeks in a burning building incident which the firefighters didn't came to save him.
- Pop-Cultured Badass: Mags is a sucker for 80's pop music. Something about those synthesizers really speak to her being.
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2018 this character is now eliminated in E27 continuity.
- Socially Awkward Hero: Mags is uncomfortable in social situations. In large crowds, she can quickly get anxiety, especially around strangers. In intense moments that require complex social interaction, Mags can also become easily confused and frustrated. She prefers to keep her interactions to be simple as a result and can really only handle anything close to complex social engagements in small groups (no more than three others).
- Supernatural Fear Inducer: With eye contact, Mags can see into a person's soul. This essentially allows her to comb their mind for their deepest, darkest fears and cause that fear to trigger hallucinations. Though this ability is mostly focused for exploiting fears, Mags has demonstrated an ability to evoke other emotions and illusions with this ability, she finds such to be a draining practice as the taint of Phobos seems to be constantly calling for her to bring the subject's fears to manifest.
- Super Reflexes: Though she has only scratched the surface of this, Mags has shown the capacity to exceed the reflexes of some of the finest human athletes.
- Super Senses: Another divine ability that Mags has only begun to harness, Mags' senses are far beyond those of the human potential. Since Mags' autism makes her highly susceptible to sensory stimulation, she does her best to block these abilities out for fear of being overwhelmed. The only ones she has demonstrated a high level of comfort in using are her chemoreceptive senses such as taste and smell.
- Super Strength: Descended from the God of War himself, Margret has immense strength. She can easily lift ten tons and has demonstrated the capacity to lift closer to double that if she exerts herself. This categorizes her strength as Class V Enhanced Strength by ARGUS standards and means she could theoretically leave a nasty bruise on a Kryptonian.
- Teen Pregnancy: Margret was pregnant when she was fifteen years old, which her mother did not like the news and disowned her and kicked out of her house.
Sea Wolf (Lykos ta'Lemuria)
- Apparently Human Merfolk: Lykos is a Lemurian, like atlanteans he looks like a human.
- Badass Bookworm: Lykos hasn't read a book in over ten years, but loves to listen to audio books and attends book readings at local bookstores whenever he can.
- Brutal Honesty: Lykos is an overly honest person, always telling the truth even to his or her own detriment. He will only stray from this behavior when doing so is required for a mission.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Lykos has an uncanny ability to guess a woman's clothing size. Particularly bra sizes which seems to indicate that he's one of those guys.
- Defector from Decadence: Having spent a lot of years as an assassin and spy for Lemuria before he became disillusioned by his peoples disregard for the suffering of others, Lykos was more or less conditioned to hate King Orin and surfacers. Though he has fully accepted surfacers as tolerable, he is only slowly coming to develop a begrudging respect for his once-hated foe, Aquaman.
- Dual Wielding: Lykos carries two weapons. A sharp dagger made of Promethium and a mystically fortified short sword. Having trained with both since childhood, Lykos wields these weapons like extensions of his own body and is rarely outmatched if armed with both weapons.
- Fish out of Water: In recent years, to avoid detection from King Orin, has spent more and more time among surfacers. He hates to admit it, but he is growing accustomed to life as a "human" and has developed some interests outside of killing people.
- Logical Weakness: As a Lemurian, Lykos can breathe underwater and on land. He can be immersed indefinitely without suffering any ill effects and is genetically engineered to allow him to survive on land longer than an average Atlantean or Lemurian.
- Malaproper: A side-effect from his genetic engineering and training was a form of dyslexia that makes reading difficult for Lykos. While he can do so and enjoys stories, usually the effort required and resulting reward is not worth the pain.
- Never Learned to Read: Zig-Zagged. Lykos hasn't read a book in over ten years but loves to listen to audiobooks and attends book readings at local bookstores whenever he can.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Lykos' enhanced physiology enables him to withstand impacts that would kill an ordinary human, and critically injure an average Atlantean/Lemurian. He has been seen in ocean depths as deep as 20,000 feet (3.79 miles) below the surface of the water. It seems that Lykos has been able to travel as deep as 36,000 feet (6.82 miles) considering that he claims that his eyes have been adapted to see at that depth. With the pressure of the ocean floor, at its deepest recorded depth, being over 16,000 pounds per square inch Lykos' body is extremely and highly durable to impact blows from even the likes of Aquaman and Wonder Woman as well as Kryptonians. He is completely durable against small caliber firearms without incapacitation. Most larger caliber bullets are known to make him bleed but otherwise glance off his thick skin, but armor penetrating weapons or well-placed precision shots can injure him.
- Official Couple: With Emma Campbell.
- Omniglot: As a side-effect of his telepathic node, Lykos is easily able to learn languages, provided he has a willing teacher. Within a few hours of dedicated study and mentoring, or even just intensive conversation, Lykos can master a language. Though this mastery will fade with time (approximately after three months without daily usage), Lykos can pick up any language he has previously learned within minutes. Without the use of this ability, Lykos speaks fluent English, ancient Greek, Inuit, Russian, and Japanese.
- Pop-Cultured Badass:
- Having been introduced to movies by his current human lover, Emma Campbell, Lykos has developed an interest in cinema. His favorite movies are Point Break, anything with James Bond or Jason Bourne, and Lost Boys.
- Lykos' favorite musical styles include classic rock, R&B, Blues, and Jazz. Anything with a bit of soul to it, to Oracle supposes. His favorite songs include (Sittin On the) Dock of the Bay and Rock n Roll Heart.
- Red Baron: The Sea Wolf.
- The Slacker: Lykos is a sloppy housemate, often leaving dishes unwashed, clothes strewn about his room, and not one to bathe regularly (with soap at least). He is very environmentally friendly though and tries his best to live in an 'eco-friendly' manner.
- Super Reflexes: While no speedster, Lykos' reflexes are superior to average. His reflexes are on the order of 12-15 times faster than a normal human.
- Vocal Dissonance: Lykos speaks with a high-pitched tone when nervous. He finds this horribly embarrassing and will usually remain silent in uncomfortable situations as a result.
Revenant (Violeta Campos)
Click for Civilian Look
- The Alcoholic: When Violeta is frustrated, her go-to drink is scotch.
- An Ice Person: Violeta's body temperature cannot be measured by normal instruments but is exceedingly cold to the touch. If standing near a person, even if intangible or invisible, they experience "cold spots" as the temperature dips to below freezing. If Violeta stands near water long enough, it will begin to turn to ice. Also, as a result of this, Violeta is immune to cold.
- Attack Reflector: Violeta can send out a pulse of energy in all directions from her body to repel attackers or projectiles. She can also hold this field to create a temporary force field. Violeta can generate shields made of solid ecto-energy that can nullify or even reflect attacks from other ghosts. Like her ghost rays, Violeta's shields are violet in color.
- Badass Longcoat: As Revenant.
- Daddy's Girl: Violeta loved her biological father dearly, but her adopted parents are still just as important to her.
- Flight: Gravity doesn't affect all dimensional fields and by shifting her personal spatial presence to a quasi-dimensional field, Violeta can fly through air at considerable speeds and heights, as well as walk along vertical surfaces or on liquids like water. Top speed for such forms of flight are 300 miles per hour, or at least were that upon last measurement.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Violeta is fluent in Spanish, and usually switches to Spanish when either angry, agitated or frustrated, with others or herself.
- Violeta's favorite expression in Spanish is ¡Ponete las pilas y vamos! (Put your batteries in and lets go!) which her father used to tell her when she was dragging her feet.
- Hand Blast: Violeta can fire purple blasts of ectoplasmic energy from her hands or fingertips. These blasts often explode on contact and are powerful enough to melt steel. Interestingly, biological targets suffer no visible damage other than a warm mark with white smoke casting off it for a few seconds. Most victims will often describe the pain as if their "soul" was burning. This ectoplasmic energy is the intensified byproduct of the white smoke that accompanies Violeta's transformations combined with oxygen.
- Hero-Worshipper: She claims her role model is Superman.
- Hidden Depths: Violeta is a cosplayer. Her favorite genre is steampunk as it combines science with wonder.
- Hollywood Exorcism: Violeta can separate a possessed person from another dimensional being simply by matching that being's dimensional frequency and charging into them.
- Ineffectual Loner: Violeta is incredibly lonely. She is painfully aware of her emotional hangups but doesn't know how to overcome them... and she is too afraid to open up to someone about her issues.
- Intangibility: Violeta can turn her body intangible to pass through walls or other solid objects by placing her body in an adjacent quasi-dimension. With concentration, Violeta can shift specific parts of her body to keep her tangibility intact to specific parts of her body.
- Kryptonite Factor: Nth Metal and other dimensionally static materials affect Violeta as if she were corporeal at all times. Likewise, contact with Nth Metal specifically can cause her powers to go haywire, short-circuiting her abilities for a period of time. Sometimes she might revert to human form and be unable to access her conduit form, other times she might be unable to return to human form, and these are just two possible side-effects that can occur when making contact with Nth Metal.
- Light 'em Up: Violeta can project light from her hand by allowing ecto energy to form around her hand and allowing its excess energy to bleed harmlessly instead of coalescing to form a vapor blast. This gives the effect of looking like a purple flame in her hand.
- Mystical White Hair: In her Revenant mode.
- Nerd: Violeta loves to play with toys. She owns a large collection of toys based off animated series she watched growing up and likes to decorate her work space with them. If other people touch them without her permission, she can become angry. Especially if someone touches Kermit. Do not touch Kermit!
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Even while in human form, Violeta can withstand many hits and blows that would cause injury to any normal human. This is a side effect of the transformations to her body to accommodate her abilities. In her ghost form, even when corporeal, Violeta's body is even more resistant to damage, and she also has demonstrated a high threshold for pain in this form, possibly due to changes in her nerve endings receptors.
- No Social Skills: Violeta has a hard time dealing with social situations and is emotionally stunted due to her history of losing people every time she opened up to someone. She is extremely uncomfortable expressing her emotions or even trying to understand them. This disconnection has left her with almost zero empathic ability, often being confused when someone acts on emotional impulse.
- People Puppets: Violeta can possess the mind and body of another being with a similar nervous system structure to a human, allowing her to completely control their actions. While puppeteering, Violeta can not use her own powers.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: Her brown hair turns into white as Revenant.
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2018 this character is now eliminated in E27 continuity and is replaced by Greta Hayes.
- Spicy Latina: She's a latina born from Los Angeles.
- Technicolor Fire: Violeta can fire purple blasts of ectoplasmic energy from her hands or fingertips. These blasts often explode on contact and are powerful enough to melt steel. Interestingly, biological targets suffer no visible damage other than a warm mark with white smoke casting off it for a few seconds.
- Telekinesis: Violeta can move objects from a distance by grabbing them with ecto-energy. The manipulation of said objects is limited to a simple push or pull and usually requires more effort than it is worth. Still, with practice, Violeta might be able to go full on poltergeist someday.
- Teleportation: Violeta can teleport to places she can presently see or is familiar with. If taking another person with her, Violeta can rely on their familiarity with a place as a focus but that puts additional strain on Violeta and may cause the teleportation to fail or additional side-effects to occur upon re-entry. Whether successful or not, Violeta prefers not to teleport in rapid succession as she fears molecular destabilization is too great a risk if teleporting more than twice within a single hour.
Adamantae (Candice Yacoub)
Click for Civilian Look
- Barrier Warrior: Candice can create magical shields to withstand bullets, blasts, blows and explosions. The greater the size or density of the shield the more effort it takes Candice to hold.
- Cool Sword: Moira. An enchanted sword with an eternally sharp edge with its own mystical reserves of energy which Candice can call upon when drained. The sword itself can also act as a focal point for her magic, enhancing the effects accordingly.
- Empathic Weapon: Bound to the sword Moira, if Candice is stripped of it and unable to make regular contact during her routine prayers, she begins to suffer the effects of magical withdrawal, becoming sick, emotionally unstable, and violently aggressive. In all reality, this would likely kill her if she were to lose the sword for an extended period of time.
- Flight: Candice can fly or levitate however she says that this requires a lot of energy and concentration and therefore she chooses not to fly if possible.
- Honorary True Companion: Having been admitted into the Nation of Themyscira, Candice is a citizen of Themyscira and has been trained in Amazonian martial arts.
- Lady of Black Magic: Candice Yacoub is a homo magi, a human born with the affinity to manipulate magic. Her unique genetic structure allows her to use the magic she was born with as well as learned magic. As a tribute to Greek styled mysticism, and as a focus for her spells, she casts spells by speaking a mystical dialect of ancient Greek known as Olympian. The following are but a few of the tricks available to her:
- Necromancer: Cadice has the power to utilize magic involving the dead, life-force and/or souls. She is strictly a novice in this school of magic.
- Official Couple: With Joseph Kane/Ronin.
- Peek-a-Bangs: While in civilian clothes she covers the scars on her face with her hair.
- Pop-Cultured Badass: Guilty pleasure alert: Candice enjoys listening to '80's and '90's gangster rap.
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2019 this character is now eliminated in E27 continuity.
Speed Demon (Silas Helvig)
Click for Civilian Look
- The Alcoholic: Silas has a genetic predisposition for alcoholism. He tries to limit himself to one or two beers per night as a result, but has been known to go on serious benders when he slips up. To his credit however, Silas has been pretty good about not allowing himself to drive while drunk and his love for driving does help him to stay on the wagon.
- Badass Driver: Silas is an expert at driving having been a former street racer. In recent years he has become a much more proficient biker, preferring the thrill of riding motorcycles at high speeds, making full use of their smaller size for added maneuverability. Due to his working with the Challengers, the Monitor has found a way to allow this same natural talent to develop into an instinctive ability that allows him to operate all vehicles with this same precision, even ones which would normally require extensive training, such as the Ultima Thule.
- Cool Mask: His "Speed Demon" skull helmet.
- Guns Akimbo: As a member of the Sons of Batman, Silas has learned how to use a gun. He is a decent marksman and gunsmith.
- Mr. Fixit: Silas is a skilled mechanic with some training but mostly just good with his hands, having a natural understanding of how things fit together and should work. Silas is particularly adept with vehicles, able to jury-rig repairs until a professional can so to it.
- Super Drowning Skills: To this day, Silas is deathly afraid of water due to having lost his brother due to a childhood drowning. As a result, Silas is very uncomfortable around bodies of water and usually needs to be sedated to get on a boat. He will absolutely refuse to go swimming in anything larger than a shallow pool.
- Weapon of Choice: A crowbar.
Diamonback (Yancy Zenith)
- Defector from Decadence: He formed a partnership with Killer Croc getting with small robberies. However, thing went south when Killer Croc bit the storekeeper's head off. He Panicked and Fled.
- Good Counterpart: Of Killer Croc.
- Lizard Folk: Like Killer Croc he has a skin condition but become more lizard-like over time.
Amity (Irie Morgan)
Click for Civilian Look
- Badass Creed: Irie has a modified version of the Blue Lantern's oath in Jamaican dialect to honor her grandmother.
"Inna fearful dayn, inna raging night
Wid strong hearts full, fi wi souls ignite
Wen all seems lose inna di war of light
Look to di stars fi hope burns bright!"
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Irie speaks in Patois accent.
- Handicapped Badass: Irie is born diagnosed with spinal bifida. But Irie makes it a habit of creating leg brace and crutch hard light constructs to help her walk. She usually just floats everywhere when suited up for convenience sake.
- Heroes Love Dogs: Irie found Hope in 2011 as an abandoned puppy in a dumpster by her apartment building.
- Hidden Depths: Irie is a huge fan of steaming. Her dream vacation is a world tour of some of the most well known saunas, hot springs, bathhouses, and spas. Interestingly, she has more than enough in her savings account dedicated to this vacation and has even scheduled the trips for it twice... only to cancel the trip at the last minute both times.
- Meaningful Name: Her first name Irie is a Jamaican slang for alright but also meaning "Nice, good and/or pleasing".
- Original Character: Has no comic book counterpart.
- Pop-Cultured Badass: Irie's favorite music is Ska, and her favorite old school singer is Desmond Decker. Favorite new school band is Sublime.
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2018 this character is now removed in the E27 continuity and she's replaced by Two-Six.
- Stepford Smiler: Despite the fact she was being picked on by bullies and ignorant people at a young age, she still keeps smiling.
- Token Human: Currently the only human Blue Lantern. Though this is no longer the case since she's been eliminated from the continuity at all.
Malice (Lauren Snyder)
Click for Civilian Look
- Cultured Badass: Despite her interest in loud, pulsing music; Laurens actual preferred choice of music is a mix of rock and classical, her listening to classical music makes people unsettled as it actually seems to sort of calm her down.
- Domino Mask: She has a red domino mask as Malice.
- Fair Cop: Despite her lack of actual experience, Lauren was a trained police officer and she is well-versed in police procedure, use of firearms, and hand to hand combat.
- Fiery Redhead: Has natural red hair and is a Red Lantern, whose power comes from rage.
- Heroic Willpower: One of two prerequisites for being a Red Lantern, Lauren has an intense willpower and though it can be affected by internal and external factors, causing it to wax and wane, her baseline is usually in the range where she is highly resistant or even immune to the effects of mind control or telepathic probes.
- Hidden Depths: Lauren has a collection of antique spoons. It was a hobby she sort of inherited from her mother.
- Irrational Hatred: She hates Sinestro for killing her parents at The Battle of Alcatraz. She also blames Hal Jordan for failing to save her younger brother Ben from death thanks to a Sadistic Choice by Sinestro by encasing children and one those saved children by Hal were not Ben.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Lauren is a cat person. She can't stand dogs. She has never explained why this is. Possibly allergic?
- The Navigator: Lauren has an incredible sense of direction, on Earth. Always knows the direction they are traveling and rarely gets lost, even in unfamiliar areas.
- One Steve Limit: Attack Lass confuses both Lauren Snyder and Lauren Drake/Siren by having the same name. Lampshaded when A.L. suggests Snyder as Lauren 1 and Drake as Lauren 2, both Laurens shot that down.
- Original Character
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2018 this character is now removed from E27 continuity and she ends up replaced by Rankorr.
- Sleeps in the Nude: Lauren can't stand pajamas and sleeps naked.
- Trademark Favourite Food: Lauren's favorite food is lobster. It was the last meal she had with her mother and father.
- Unstoppable Rage: She ends up driven by rage thanks to the Sadistic Aftermath.
- Ace Pilot: Practically raised on a starship, before tossed into space, Apex is familiar with the systems and practice of manuevering aerial and spacecraft.
- Anything That Moves: Apex is driven by survival instincts and the need to mate is particularly strong in him, as it is in his father. If unable to fulfill this drive, Apex can become easily agitated and irrational. Also, every so often (varies due to a number of circumstances) Apex will be driven by a painful urge to procreate. As he is still too young to impregnate or become pregnant himself, it is likely these urges happen several times a year as is the case with most young Czarnians. Once he reaches full maturation this drive will only occur once every decade or two.
- Asexual: Apex has never a sentient species he has not been willing to fornicate with and as a result, has become quite skilled in the art of seduction.
- Can't Take Criticism: Apex is actually highly sensitive to criticism. A particularly pointed critique on his character or performance can cause him to storm out of the room and pout, usually resulting in him being cranky until he has a chance to sleep it off.
- Character Tic: Apex cracks his neck all the time.
- Composite Character: Apex's look and appearance has similarity to New 52 Lobo with an origin story.
- Fantastic Racism: Apex is somewhat bigoted toward nearly all alien races... even Czarnians.
- Healing Factor: If Apex does sustain an injury, his accelerated healing factor enables him to regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue almost instantly, though with considerable pain. He can even regenerate his head or vital organs.
- Keeping Secrets Sucks: Apex can't keep a secret to save his life, often blurting out what he knows for no reason, and almost always answering spilling the beans of whatever he knows when an attractive person is inquiring.
- Multi-Melee Master: Though he prefers to emit blasts or constructs from his ring in combat, Apex has a good portion of his father's talent with all manner of firearms, blades, chains, and even fisticuffs.
- Omniglot: Due to his psychic connection to his father (and the well of knowledge from all of Lobo's ancestors), Apex speaks and understands the basic linguistic patterns of some 17,000 languages. It would be a stretch to say he's fluent in more than a few.
- Psychic Link: Apex has a partial passive psychic instinct, connecting him to all of his progenitors.
- Ret-Gone: This character is now erased from continuity in 2019.
- Sleepyhead: Drools and snores loudly when napping.
- Super Strength: Apex has shown strength sufficient enough to knock down a Kryptonian or Amazon with his blows without too much apparent effort, but then at other times is barely able to pick up cars. It is possible that his strength varies according to some poorly understood biological cycle, for now let's say his strength varies between Class I and Class VIII.
- Third-Person Person: Apex sometimes speaks about himself in the third person.
The Cadre of the Immortal
La Maestra Oscura (Josefina Moreno)
Click for Civilian Look
- Action Mom: She's the mother Hayley London/Cyber Witch.
- Animal Motifs: Her mask, dress and staff are based of Peacocks.
- Femme Fatale: Many legends from South America speak to Oscura's beguiling ways.
- Gratuitous Spanish Her name "La Maestra Oscura" means The Black Mistress in Spanish.
- Immortality: Through use of her Lazarus Pits or other occult means, Oscura is approximately five hundred years old and has gained an incredible amount of experience, knowledge, and mystical power through this.
- Lady of Black Magic: Oscura has the ability to use paranormal methods to manipulate supernatural forces. She can achieve a great number of effects through mystical manipulation, provided she has the training and knowledge to do so.
- Mysterious Past: Nobody knows who she is where she came from.
- Necromancer: Oscura is able to summon ghosts, animate the dead into zombies or other types of reanimated corpses. She can also practice mortwright techniques to make unholy creations of bone, sinew, corpses, and blood.
- Peacock Girl: Her suit is full of references to the bird.
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2018 this character is now removed in E27 continuity.
- Silver Vixen: Outside of her costume she's an attractive older woman.
- Wicked Witch: Looks like one.
Jenny and Billie Lee
Jennifer "Jenny" Lee
Wilhelmina "Billie" Lee
- Amazonian Beauty: Billie is muscular and beautiful, with incredibly toned abs.
- Aura Vision: While most trained or talented psychics are capable of reading auras with concentration, Jenny has developed the ability to go much further than simple reading, but she can analyze the energies and patterns of another psychic's aura. It is possible that with such knowledge and intense meditation, Jenny could alter her own aura to incorporate what she has learned.
- Berserk Button: Never insult their family in their presence.
- Brains and Brawn: Jenny is the Brains, Billie is the Brawn.
- Femme Fatale: Jenny is a skilled seductress who is not above using her physical attractiveness and sexuality to accomplish a mission or manipulate someone for her own needs.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Jenny is a master inventor, and her report at Arkham says she must be constantly searched.
- Guns Akimbo: Billie is a skilled markswoman, particularly with revolvers. Even without her psionic abilities, Jenny is also skilled markswoman too.
- Psychic Link: Jenny and Billie had a bond with each other. This is a very powerful connection and cannot be blocked by inhibitor collars, but can be blocked by a psionic disruption field. When active, the sisters are capable of instant communication and coordination.
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2018 both characters are now removed in E27 continuity.
- Sadist: Billie enjoys causing pain and suffering to others.
- Sibling Team: They work together.
- Super Strength: Billie is known to possess a baseline level of Class III Strength. Due to her Aura Absorption ability, Billie has been documented to increase this to levels comparable to Class V or possibly even Class VI for a short duration. It is unknown what her current limits of heightened strength could be.
- Super Toughness: This is Billie's main ability.
- Technopath: Jenny has the instinctive knowledge needed to create, shape and manipulate technology and technological constructs, computers, robots, hardware and other devices that can be termed as "technology". Jenny also has the ability to directly interface with computer data.
- Torture Technician: Billie is a skilled torturer. She usually prefers simple "hands-on" approaches but has also been known to employ makeshift devices of pain or utilize psychological methods, particularly when working with her sister.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: They both wanted to grow up to be heroes, but circumstances led them to become ruthless bounty hunters.
- Badass Longcoat: He's always wearing a brown longcoat.
- Classy Cane: He carries a cane to conceal his disability.
- Cool Shades: He Wears sunglasses.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: He's an insidious gun smuggler whom has operated under even Batman's radar and now has his mind set on taking over Gotham's underworld.
- Disability Superpower: He's blind Homo-psychoid.
- Meaningful Name: His name is based off the Greek Mythology blind prophet and counselor of king Cadmus in Thebes, and is often associated with the caduceus symbol (the twin snakes) held by Hermes. He made also a brief appearance in the Odyssey, when Odysseus calls up the spirits of the dead.
- Mind over Matter: As a result of his Telepathy. He has a decent of telekinetic powers.
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2019 this characters is now removed in E27 continuity.
- Telepath: He can read and control minds and Mental Manipulation.
Constance (Melanie Fichter)
Click for Civilian Look
- Creepy Child: You don't become a Yellow Lantern unless you're good at spreading fear.
- Original Character
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2018 this character is now removed in E27 continuity.
- Shear Menace: Constance's Weapon of Choice are Scissors wether it's physical ones or energy construct ones.
- Token Human: Currently the only human Yellow Lantern. Though like Amity and Malice this is no longer the case.
Wolf (Romulus Lycan)
Click for Civilian Look
- Arch-Enemy: With Jack Dahl/Fox.
- Animal Motifs: His name is the wolf, duh.
- Expy: His design take cues of the Mandalorians of Star Wars.
- Meaningful Name: His first name is based of the legendary founder and first king of Rome. While his last name is based of Lycaon, the king of the wolves in the Roman mythology.
- Powered Armor
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2019 this characters is now removed in E27 continuity.
- The Quiet One: Wolf is not very talkative.
Brauzhar the Corrupter
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2018 this characters is now removed in E27 continuity.
Gargoyle (Gregory Macendale)
Click for Civilian Look
- Arch-Enemy: Unsurprisingly to Spider-Bat.
- Expy: His costume draws similarities to Raimiverse Green Goblin and also David Xanatos from Gargoyles. His rivalry and intense hatred with Spider-Bat take similarities to Spider-Man and Green Goblin.
- Eyepatch of Power: His Arkham Asylum mugshot shows his eyepatch which is his cybernetic eye beneath.
- Healing Factor: He has Accelerated healing which heals him from injuries.
- Meaningful Name: His name is a nod to Greg Weisman, creator of the Gargoyles, and Jason Macendale, a Spider-Man character that went by the aliases of Hobgoblin, Jack O'Lantern, and Demogoblin.
- Really 700 Years Old: He was born during the 11th Century before entering a magical sleep that ended during the 21st Century.
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2019 this characters is now removed in E27 continuity.
- Secondary Color Nemesis: His armor has Green and Purple colors.
- Split Personality
Click for Civilian Look
- Badass Family: His maternal grandfather was the brother of Roderick Kane, Bruce Wayne's maternal grandfather. His father also happens to be Deathstroke.
- Color Character: Redbird.
- Kid Hero All Grown Up: Has followed his brother's footsteps as a full-fledged crime fighter.
- Ret-Gone: Like his older brother, he's now removed from Earth-27 continuity.
- Tagalong Kid: He and Lizzie were this with the Challengers.
Shepherd (Alexander Reid)
Kumiho (Haley Dahl)
Okami (Jude Howard)
- Alternate Self: She's from Reality X where all genders are swapped from their counterparts in the main reality, making her the equivalent of Nathan Scofield (or if you ask her, vice versa).
- Distaff Counterpart: For Arkham X.
- Pink Means Feminine: Well, she has pink hair and she's a female version of Arkham X.
- Ret-Gone: Arkham XX was Erased from Continuity during the reboot.
Putrescence (Annabel Le Blanc)
- Expy: Like Mogo, it's based on Marvel's Ego.
- Genius Loci: Much like Mogo, it's a sentient planet, although smaller than Earth's moon.
- Time Abyss: Has existed for a billion years at least.
- Unobtainium: Its core is made of Dionesium, the same substance that gave Vandal Savage immortality and is found on the Lazarus Pits.
- Original Character: Unlike her brother, she doesn't appear in the series.
- Ret-Gone: Prior 2018, this character is now removed from the Earth-27 continuity.
- White Sheep: For the Powers family.