Main Character Index | The Bat Family | The Justice League (The Founders) | The Titans | Young Justice | The Outsiders | Dark Justice | Birds of Prey | Team Arrow | The Legends | The Green Lantern Corps | Doom Patrol | The Advena Legion | Challengers of the Unknown | The Society | Seven Soldiers of Victory | Metal Men | S.H.A.D.E. | WildC.A.T.S. | Crimebusters | Minutemen | TMNT and Allies | Ghostbusters | Other Teams | Independent Heroes
There exists a shadowy organization known as the Supernatural Handlers of Arcane Defense Executive (SHADE). This unit is a paramilitary organization in league with the United Nations, but nobody seems to know who they work for exactly, not even the team members themselves. It's highly suspected they work for ARGUS as they do have ARGUS security clearance and both an ARGUS liaison and a Dark Justice liaison to handle logistics and operational details, but they ultimately get their marching orders from a mysterious personage known as Father Time who speaks with them via an arcane communicator.
SHADE is deployed when there is an occult matter that needs resolving or there is a mundane matter that needs an occult solution. They operate out of a structure known as the Shadow Box which can appear and disappear in any flat, open space large enough to contain its 52' x 52' x 52' dimensions (it's actually much larger on the inside). All members can access the Shadow Box via their communicators operating as keys or simply by knocking and alerting the Box itself to their presence.
SHADE may be the group's official name, but since going semi-public, they are better known by their unofficial moniker of the "Creature Commandos".
- Composite Character: They're an amalgam of both their Pre and Post Flashpoint incarnations with elements from S.H.A.D.E.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Much like Dark Justice, they're a group of beings that would usually inspire terror, but they usually go after supernatural threats.
- Fun with Acronyms: S.H.A.D.E. stands for Supernatural Handlers of Arcane Defense Executive.
- The Ghost: The mysterious backer of the group Father Time.
- Monster Mash: Each member consist of classical monsters like the Frankenstein's monster and his bride, a gillwoman, a mummy, a werewolf, a gorgon, a vampire and two monster-hunting humans.
- Mysterious Past: Even its own members aren't sure how exactly the group was founded.
- Supernatural Team: They are a group of individuals associated with classical monsters.
He's a Fable who was captured and used as a Nazi war weapon during World War II, but rescued and deprogrammed by the Creature Commandos. He's the muscle of the Creature Commandos and works as a liaison for Dark Justice who operates as a member of both teams and coordinates the rare joint operation.
- Action Dad: He's the adopted father of Nina Frankenstein a.k.a Bog Baby.
- Badass Bookworm: Frankenstein has a wide array of knowledge, covering many fields of study. More of a Jack-of-All-Trades than master of any.
- Composite Character: The Frankenstein of mainstream DC is fused with the Frankenstein's Monster from Fables, being an immigrant from The Homelands but keeping the characterization from the main comics. He also takes over the role of Patches as a member of the Creature Commandos and taking his name as an alias.
- Cool Gun: His Golden Pistol, supposedly blessed to kill monsters. He took it from a monster hunter who tried to kill him.
- Cool Sword: The Sword of Michael, Frankenstein says a monk gave him this eternally sharp sword, supposedly once belonging to the Archangel Michael.
- Frankenstein's Monster: The Original.
- Genius Bruiser: With a patchwork brain that is larger than normal and gifted with the fragmented knowledge of every person that made up his body (many being scholars), Frankenstein is incredibly bright. He taught himself to read, speak, and has shown passion of knowledge.
- Logical Weakness: Due to his undead state, he cannot heal from major injuries, and thus such injuries would require replacement parts.
- Master Swordsman: Frankenstein is a skilled swordsman.
- Mismatched Eyes: His right eye is brown while the left one is green.
- The Needless: As an undead, Frankenstein is technically immortal, and does not need to eat, drink, or breathe to survive though he does enjoy doing all those things.
- Warrior Poet: Frankenstein can lengthily quote Milton or The Bible even - or especially - in the middle of combat.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Frankenstein is immune to electricity and can be "shut down" if hit with an electrical jolt of the same voltage and frequency as the jolt which first animated him.
A four-armed Fable who came to Earth to find her lover and joined with the team to rescue him from the Nazis during WWII. The longest-serving active member of the team and its current field commander.
- Action Mom: She's the adoptive mother of Nina Mazursky, and an immortal, undead hero.
- Battle Couple: With Adam.
- Frankenstein's Monster: After Adam she's the most famous example.
- Genius Bruiser: Gifted with the fragmented knowledge of every person that made up her body, Eve is incredibly insightful and wise.
- Guys Smash, Girls Shoot: Adam prefers using the Sword of Michael and his fists in a fight most of the time, while Eve usually fights with her revolvers.
- The Leader: Field leader of the Creature Commandos, not being as anti-social as her husband.
- Mismatched Eyes: Her left eye is gray while her right eye is blue.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Eve was modified by Nazi necromancers and given two additional arms. These lower arms are not as dexterous as her other arms, but she has trained them to be nearly just as good.
- Multicolored Hair: Has two long strands of blue hair.
- The Needless: As an undead, much like Adam, Eve is technically immortal, and does not need to eat, drink, or breathe to survive though she does enjoy doing all those things.
- Statuesque Stunner: At 6'9"/2m tall, she's very tall but beautiful too.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Lady Frankenstein is immune to electricity and can be "shut down" if hit with an electrical jolt of the same voltage and frequency as the jolt which first animated her.
- You Are in Command Now: Became the leader of the group after the passing of Matthew Shrieve in the aftermath of the Manhattaning.
An immortal werewolf who's been a veteran of the team for a long time. As a reserve member, he comes and goes, usually helping out when the team needs extra muscle or are expecting a big fight.
- Aloof Ally: He's a reserve member of the team, usually coming when there's a big fight and the team needs extra muscle.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Friendliest member of the Creature Commandos, and a one-man army capable of tearing through tanks and alien spacecraft, plow through entrenched Nazi fortifications, and take on an entire nest of vampires.
- Farm Boy: Grew up as one up until he met Richard Occult and Rose Psychic.
- Gentle Giant: Second tallest among the Commandos and the most chill, friendly member of SHADE. In werewolf mode he's anything but friendly.
- Healing Factor: Werewolves regenerate rapidly, recovering lost limbs or removed organs within a day of rest. This is their only ability more powerful in human form.
- Mellow Fellow: He's a huge softie when not in werewolf form.
- Older Than They Look: He was born in the mid 1890ties, but ever since he became a werewolf his aging has stopped.
- One-Man Army: Warren might be the most powerful living werewolf, in regards to mass, size, and raw strength. He's called Wolfpack because he has the strength of seven werewolves.
- Perma-Stubble: To go with his relaxed disposition.
- Related in the Adaptation: The werewolf who turned him is Kyla Willowbrook, who originated in the Smallville series.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Warren finds silver uncomfortable to touch and weapons made of it can pierce his flesh.
A surgeon who discovered she was the daughter of the Gorgon Medusa when she suddenly transformed into a partial Gorgon on her thirtieth birthday. She is the team's medic.
- Adaptation Name Change: To differentiate her from her mother Medusa, her code name is Dr. Medusa.
- Bare Your Midriff: Since she only wears a bikini top, her flat stomach is exposed.
- Combat Medic: Before joining S.H.A.D.E., Myrra was a military doctor. Ever since she joined the team, she's become an expert hand-to-hand combatant using her newfound agility, strength, and built-in weaponry (her eyes, fangs, and claws).
- Death Glare: Instead of turning people into stone, by making eye contact with someone, Myrra can cause their bodies to seize up and become immobile. This is done through the transmission of magical impulses directly into the subjects brain through their ocular cavity. The effect is temporary.
- Gorgeous Gorgon: She might have snakes for hair and reptilian skin, but remains quite attractive.
- Half-Human Hybrid: She's half gorgon, being a daughter of the original Medusa.
- Healing Factor: Myrra heals at an alarming rate. She can recover from bullet wounds in minutes provided she can clean the wound. She can recover lost limbs and organs within a week with extensive rest. Cuts, scraps, and bruises heal within minutes or even seconds.
- In the Hood: Wears one to cover the snakes that make up her hair.
- Logical Weakness: Thanks to her snake-like biology, she becomes tired when cold, and sleeps more during winter.
- Related in the Adaptation: In the comics Myrra was 'merely' modified to look like a gorgon, but here she's the daughter of the most famous gorgon, Medusa. Her father Bixby Rhodes is the Batman villain called Roadrunner. Her half-siblings are Edgar, Rachel and Jack Rhodes with the former being the ex-husband of Charlotte West, who was the younger sister of Iris West in the Post-Crisis continuity, the middle is a Wildstorm character from the Wetworks comics named Mother-One and the latter is another Wildstorm character named CyberJack.
- Snake People: Besides her hair, she also has reptilian skin, a bifid tongue and yellow eyes with slit pupils.
- Super Toughness: Myrra's skin can deflect all but the sharpest of blades and her bones are extremely flexible, making them difficult to break through blunt force.
A mummy who rose from the dead when Cairo was hit during the Manhattaning. Claims to be imbued with powers of the souls of all his descendants that died in that blast. He is the team's lich sorcerer and occult expert.
- Ancestral Weapon: Carries both Swords of Nabu, the True Blade of Khufu and the Righteous Sword of Chay, given to him by his teacher Nabu at his coronation.
- Blood Knight: Nina has only seen him laugh when cleaning monster viscera from his blade.
- Composite Character: He's a combination of both Wraps; Pre-Flashpoint Aten and Post-Flashpoint Khalis.
- Feel No Pain: Khalis has no ability to feel pain. He can be shot with clean through his torso by a shotgun at point-blank and keep fighting. This guy is difficult to put down. Maybe impossible.
- Honor Before Reason: He's honorable and old fashioned to a fault, something that can be easily preyed upon.
- Logical Weakness: He may be vulnerable to decay if deprived on his bandages for a prolonged period of time.
- Magic Knight: Trained by his mother and father in the art of warfare, Khalis is skilled warrior mage who channels his magic through his blades.
- Mummy: Khalis is a mummy, an undead creature whose corpse has been mummified and reanimated by mystical means. In the circumstances of Aten Khalis, his soul returned to his body, along with those of his descendants to protect the world as a whole.
- Mummy Wrap: At Aten's request upon death, the bandages that cover Khalis' remains were alchemically treated by Nabu. These burial wraps are enchanted to absorb mystical energies and contain that power inside the remains of Khalis so that he might continue to serve his people when he was needed. The bandages are more resilient than normal bandages and mend themselves from most forms of damage if left under the light of the sun or exposed to magic energy. The bandages act as a collective reservoir of essence which Khalis can tap into to power incantations and passively restore his body to a state as capable as living tissue despite its rotten appearance.
- The Needless: Khalis lacks many physical weaknesses. Likewise, he has no need to rest, isn't affected by changes in temperature, and has no need to consume food or water.
- One Degree of Separation: He's a former student of both Nabu/Dr. Fate and Teth-Adam/Black Adam.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: He's the shortest male member of the Commandos at just 5'3"/161cm tall, but thanks to the mystical energies within his body, he's much stronger than his frame would indicate.
- Related in the Adaptation: He's the son of King Khufu and Queen Chay, the previous reincarnations of Hawkman and Hawkwoman.
Adopted daughter of Adam and Eve and a metahuman with amphibian adaptations and potent psychic sensitivity. She's also a genius scientist of the team.
- Actual Pacifist: She abhors violence and not much of a combatant.
- Empath: Nina can sense the emotions around her and with concentration, she can assert specific emotions on others. She can easily manipulate the emotions of animals.
- Fish People: She's a meta-human whose powers manifested by turning her into one.
- Happily Adopted: By Adam and Eve Frankenstein.
- Logical Weakness: While she can survive a few days without water, unsurprisingly dry environments weaken her.
- Older Than They Look: Her regenerative nature has halted her aging, meaning despite being almost 40 years old, she's biologically twenty.
- Olympic Swimmer: Thanks to her amphibian nature, Nina can swim up to speeds of 100MPH (160kmph) under ideal conditions, although she prefers a slower pace.
- Online Alias: Her Network ID, 'Bubble_Breath'.
- Parental Neglect: Her biological parents Myron and Gina Mazursky didn't pay much attention to her while growing up, which is why she appreciates her adoptive parents so much.
- Psychic Radar: Nina can trace subjects by their psychic signature. This ability allows Nina to usually pinpoint the exact location of a specific person she is familiar with within fifty yards and can track where a target has been recently, with more powerful psionics leaving their psychic residue on an area for longer than those with little ability.
- Psychometry: Through touch, Nina can obtain historical memories or sensations. If triggered when handling an object, Nina gains the knowledge of it's makers, previous users, and insight to what may have been done with it. If triggered through personal contact, Nina might relive one of their recent or more potent memories.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Yes, she's aware she's naked, but she has always felt clothes rather constraining.
- Stronger Than They Look: She might be lean and not very heavy, but she's roughly as strong as a human bodybuilder or athlete.
- Super Not-Drowning Skills: Nina has both gills and lungs, allowing her to breathe both air and water. Her body actually requires both, but she can go without air or water for two or three days if needed.
The granddaughter of Matthew Shrieve (an earlier commander of the team) and descendant of Abraham Van Hellsing, ARGUS Liaison and Sniper.
- Canon Immigrant: She originated in the Flashpoint Timeline.
- Demon Slaying: Miranda primarily hunts demons for a living, although she does hunt other supernatural beings and monsters as well.
- Determinator: Miranda has sustained numerous serious injuries and been tortured many times, but has always survived through her own will.
- Family Business: Although she didn't like it for a long time, her family has been involved with monster hunting for a very long time.
- Famous Ancestor: She's a descendant of famous monster hunter Abraham Van Hellsing.
- I Call It "Vera": Her custom heavy crossbow "Honest Abe" and her custom .50 handgun "Bad Boy".
- In the Blood: Her grandfather Matthew was also a member of S.H.A.D.E.
- MayDecember Romance: She was the lover of John Winchester, who is over twenty years older than she is.
- Scars Are Forever: Has a scar over her left eye which occurred during the night she lost her parents.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: Rather than finishing off her fiancee Sebastian Ashe who had been bitten by a werewolf, she allowed him to flee, getting discharged from the army for insubordination.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 5'9"/175cm tall, and not bad to look at.
- Token Human: She and Tig are the only members who are fully human.
A powerful vampire with a strong willpower that makes him able to nearly fully control his darker impulses. Like Warren, he comes and goes. He usually works as the team's intelligence agent, alerting them to some problems and only joining them on assignments where his powers are required or the team is expecting a big fight.
- Aloof Ally: Much like Warren, he usually comes and goes, only joining the team when his abilities are required.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: While he's not actually crazy, his sclera is black as a sign of his vampirism.
- Composite Character: Takes the place of Vincent Velcoro as the team's vampire.
- Dating Catwoman: Even if they're technically enemies now, he and Mary are still very much in love, seeing each other at the Oblivion Bar during a monthly truce as sort of a "date night".
- Determinator: Andrew has shown himself capable of resisting his unholy urges.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: He's a Vampire almost completely in control of his blood lust.
- Healing Factor: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage Andrew have does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Hunter of His Own Kind: He usually goes after other vampires that threaten humanity.
- Immortality Bisexuality: He's an ancient vampire who's bisexual.
- Magically Inept Fighter: Despite being an elder vampire, he sucks at magic and struggles even with the simplest spells.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Andrew's invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Really 700 Years Old: He was born in the mid 16th century in England.
- Skunk Stripe: Has one which he obtained when he became a vampire.
- Team Member in the Adaptation: Normally Andrew Bennett is an independent agent or associated with Justice League Dark, but thanks to taking the place of Vincent Velcoro, he has become S.H.A.D.E.'s go-to vampire.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Andrew can turn into a number of things from wolves, to mist, to bats. He's also capable of partial transformations.
- You Killed My Father: Turned against his vampire sire Richard Rallstone/Simon Hurt when he found out he had killed his father Robert Bennett centuries prior in order to turn him.
The newest recruit. A teenage vampire hunting orphan who nearly killed Andrew Bennett but was convinced to spare him and in exchange became Miranda Shrieve hunter apprentice. She may be mentally ill. She's a loose cannon and very unpredictable.
- Adaptation Species Change: Rather than vampire-hunting vampire, she's simply a human monster hunter.
- Atrocious Alias: Her Ops Moniker is The Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing, which she chose when she heard the song while she met Dean Winchester for the first time.
- Attention Deficit Oh Shiny: One of her weaknesses is her short attention span.
- Bare Your Midriff: Wears a shirt that shows her midsection.
- In-Series Nickname: Her full name is Antigone, so she simply goes by Tig instead.
- Machete Mayhem: Her weapon is a machete she calls "Mr. Choppy-Chop", which was given to her by Dean Winchester.
- Pointless Band-Aid: She has them all over her body and has several boxes of neon colored adhesive bandages. Not only does she uses these to tend to the little cuts and scrapes she might get in the course of her rather reckless and "idiot savant" fighting style, but she also uses them as a fashion accessory and peels them off slowly when bored...
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 5'9"/175cm tall, and if you ignore the mental instability, not bad looking at all.
- Team Member in the Adaptation: Tig in the comics is an independent vampire hunter, but here she's a member of the Creature Commandos.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Wears shorts.
- Wild Card: Her lack of control makes her unpredictable and something of a loose cannon.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is dyed green.