A list of the characters from Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce.
- Voiced by: Hiromi Konno (Japanese)
Died: 202 BC
When her lover Xiang Yu was resurrected into the mortal realm, she was raised as well. Although she previously ended her life to avoid being a hindrance to him, she swears to always be near him in their second chance at life. Yearning for the ties they had in their past life, she arms herself and fights in the battlefield.
According to legend, the spot where she was buried after her suicide bloomed with bright red flowers. Thus, the field poppy is also commonly known to be named after her, either as Yu Meiren Cao or the simplified Yu Meiren, in China. Tales regarding her beauty began during the Qing Dynasty, which state that her looks could cut through the chaos surrounding her lover.
Beauty Yu rarely displays her emotions and acts passively to others, granting her a mysterious and noble sense of beauty. She openly expresses herself to her precious lover, reserving her gentle smiles for him.
- Expy: To Diaochan. Even Xiang Yu notices the similarities between her and Yu Meiren.
- Hime Cut: She has the even bangs, sidelocks and long hair associated with classical beauties.
- Love Martyr: She's willing to fight and die for her lover. She even requests Qin Shi Huang to transform her into her fury form.
- Multicolored Rapunzel Hair: Goes from black at the top to scarlet down at the tips.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Particularly considering how impractical it seems, covered in flowers, frills and lace.
"The Will of Fire"
- Voiced by: Kazunari Tanaka (Japanese)
Died: 202 BC
A prominent military leader and political figure from the late Qin Dynasty period of Chinese history and was the Hegemon-King of Western Chu. He is known for his long power struggle with Liu Bang, who was the founder of the Han Dynasty.
Overwhelming with military power and wit, Xiang Yu wants to revive the state of Chu and someday topple Shi Huangdi. If he cannot obtain either of his goals, he is willing to take his own life. Placed under a spell that prevents him from completing his own desires, his spirit becomes Shi Huangdi's unwilling puppet.
- Oh, Crap!: His smug demeanor breaks when fighting Lu Bu when he realizes what he's got himself into, noticeably he is constantly in shock how Lu Bu is overpowering him so easily. He is always on the defensive, and despite powering up, an unarmed Lu Bu restrains him effortlessly.
- Worthy Opponent: He has a huge rivalry with Lu Bu because of their equal strength.
"The Playful Maiden"
- Voiced by: Akemi Kanda (Japanese)
Sanzang is a young, cheerful, kind, and playful maiden who is "everyone's idol". Wanting everyone to be happy, she works to keep peace between even the most bitter of rivals. She is sometimes clueless of the situation around her and can easily get lost.
Her faith in others and overly trusting nature also makes her extremely naive. As a result she can easily be tricked by illusions and other similar ploys. She worries about Sun Wukong's safety and makes it her number one priority to find him.
- Gender Flip: This may be a nod to Saiyuki, a Tactical RPG produced by Koei where you could choose the gender of Sanzang.
- Voiced by: Atsushi Kisaichi (Japanese)
King Mu was the fifth ruler within the Zhou Dynasty, which is the era that followed the Shang Dynasty. In legends, he once rode to the mystic Kunlun Mountains and was said to have been greeted by Xi Wang Mu.
Known as a gentlemen who likes to live freely, King Mu is a reliable and kind individual. Acting as though he is always frivolous with his second chance at life, he is actually devoted and tenderly attached to his partner.
- Wolverine Claws: Three bladed spherical claws.
"The Monkey King"
Along with an almost always jolly demeanor, Sun Wukong is a non-malevolent villain. Akin to his novel counterpart, he is quite the trickster and arrogant of his abilities. He is also sarcastic to most of his opponents, supremely confident that he can win. He takes offense at being called a simple monkey and loves his new found freedom.
"The Mother Guardian"
- Voiced by: Yuka Shioyama (Japanese)
Xi Wang Mu is said to be an ancient entity that raised and nurtured all living things in nature. Before the game begins, she was living peacefully and remained uninterested in the wars. Shi Huangdi, desiring to unleash her destructive powers by force, attacks her and separates her good and evil consciousnesses of herself. Xi Wang Mu represents the virtuous and gentle qualities, while her darker counterpart, Huang Quan, is the side of her that reigns over death.
Xi Wang Mu is a dignified and benign woman who is deeply affectionate to everyone around her. She is pure and kind-hearted and lives with a composed face.
Huang Quan is a cruel and bitter being who considers herself to be omnipotent. She despises anyone amongst the living and only takes what she wants. Her give-and-take agreement with Shi Huangdi is the only reason she agrees to work with him.
- An Ice Person: Though darkness is her main element, the territories under Huang Quan's control is covered in ice as a way to contrast her from the fiery Xiang Wu.
- Angelic Beauty: Xi Wang Mu.
- Break the Haughty: Huang Quan eventually goes through this once the heroes repel her assault several times.
- Enemy Summoner: Everytime you face Huang Quan, she'll often call for King Mu and her minions for back-up just to annoy the protagonists.
- Evil Twin: Combined with Evil Is Sexy.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold - Xi Wang Mu, the benevolent Mother Goddess.
"The Serpent Goddess"
- Voiced by: Yuki Makishima (Japanese) Michelle Ruff (English)
Height: 5'3" (161cm)
Nuwa is based on a Serpent Goddess in Chinese mythology who was the sister and wife of Fu Xi, as well as the first empress of China.
Originally implied to be a cheerful and optimistic individual, Nuwa is a suave and composed woman of grace. Not willing to disclose herself to others easily, she is proud of her immortality and condescends any who stand against her. In time, she finds humans to be amusing and believes in their capabilities.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Double whammy as she is a goddess and she was the first empress of China.
- Bare Your Midriff: Well she does have a cool belly piercing to show off.
- BrotherSister Incest: As she never fails to point out, Fu Xi is her brother and husband.
- Hates Being Touched: Very evident when she struggles against an enemy, or if she defeats an enemy officer.
- Parental Substitute: She has an almost motherly affection for Taigong Wang.
"Sovereign of Civilization"
- Voiced by: Kenji Nojima (Japanese; 3) Hiroki Yasumoto (Japanese; present) David Lodge (English)
Height: 5'11" (180cm)
Fu Xi is known as one of the Three Sovereigns who started civilization in Chinese mythology. He is the husband and brother of Nuwa.
When he was first depicted in Dynasty Warriors 3, Fu Xi was shown to be an enthusiastic and brave young man. Later appearances have him mature into a resolute and modest man of divine origin. Compared to his sister and other mystics shown in the series, Fu Xi shows an early appreciation for humanity as he observes their efforts. However, he often lacks the patience to simply observe and finds himself joining and fighting alongside mankind.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: He's both a god and one of China's Three Sovereigns.
- BFS: His Weapon of Choice
- Blingof War: His armor is fairly extravagant.
- BrotherSister Incest: As stated above, Nuwa is both his sister and his wife. Although, most modern appearances tend to majorly downplay this aspect of their relationship.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Compared to most other mystics within the series, Fu Xi is noticeably kinder and more hopeful in humanity.