Dwelling On Dreams is a Discord-based Persona 5 RP. It follows a cast of original characters as they do all manners of persona-y and phantom thief-y adventures.
A persona user with no code name, because he thinks he's too cool for one. His persona is Apollo.
- Big Brother Instinct: Very protective of his little sister.
- Friendless Background: He's never had friends before...
- I Miss Mom: He does.
- Insufferable Genius: He's a genius, and introduces himself as such near-constantly.
- I Will Wait for You: When he wasn't allowed to stay with his girlfriend, Rita, he promises to help them stay together.
- Stepford Snarker: Acts like an asshole to cope with... a lot of things, actually.
- Stockholm Syndrome: Fell in love with Rita after she kidnapped him.
- Trauma Conga Line: His life sucks.
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle!: It was thought that the first palace but his, but after defeating his Shadow, it turned out that the palace belonged to his father Wentworth Root instead.
- I Hate Past Me: Seems to have a dislike for Matthew Allen for this reason.
A persona user with the code name 'Karma'. Her persona is Yatsufasa.
- Declaration of Protection: She seems determined to protect Matthew, and others like him.
- Defiant to the End: Even when it seemed as though she and the other new recruits would die in Nea's Palace, she refused to stop fighting.
- Resigned to the Call: Doesn't really seem to want to be a part of the dream world conflict, but doesn't have a choice.
A persona user with the code name 'Youkai'. Her persona is Karakasa-Obake.
- Battlecry: "Karakasa-Obake!"
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Her training in the palaces and the gym made her tough and resilient, to the point that enemies can barely scratch her, even when she's hit by her weaknesses.
- Cowardly Lion: Doesn't really enjoy going into palaces, but once she's inside, she lets loose.
- Glacier Waif: A magical type. Sports high HP and Endurance, but has low physical strength. She's also not very tall.
- Good Parents: Her parents are supportive of her, and she repays them in kind.
- Hot-Blooded: Mostly comes to light in the palaces, when she fights enemies.
- Improbable Weapon User: Uses umbrellas and water pistols in the Palaces.
- Making a Splash: Her main element.
- Mismatched Eyes: She has heterochromia. Her left eye is red and her right eye is blue.
- Nice Girl: Does not have a single mean bone in her body. She might say dumb things, but she rarely means ill.
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot: She once accidentally mentioned Palaces in the real world, something she wasn't supposed to do. She handwaved it away, pretending that she didn't knew what she was talking about.
- Parasol of Pain: Her main melee weapon.
- Playing with Fire: Her secondary element.
- Verbal Tic: She inherited her mother's accent, including the tendency to say 'ya know?'
- Water Guns and Balloons: Her ranged weapon, without the balloons.
A persona user with the code name 'King'. Her persona is Viviane.
- Reincarnation: Possibly subverted, as she only claims to be the reincarnation of King Arthur.
A persona user with the code name 'Chimera'. His persona is Nue.
- Anything That Moves: Unfortunately, considering his 'interest' in Matthew's persona... this may be literal.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Gay?: Constantly flirting with every male character, and openly stated he wants to sleep with Minato.
- Innocently Insensitive: He attempts to flirt with Minato Okumura, but ends up insulting him and mocking him unintentionally.
- Virgin-Shaming: Mocks Minato for being an 'innocent virgin'.
- Not Good with Rejection: Has been turned down by Minato several times, yet still pursues him. Often blames everyone but himself for these rejections.
A persona user with the code name 'Alter'. Her persona is Joan of Arc.
- Absurd Phobia: During her first visit into the Dream World, the first enemy that she finds is a Jack o' Lantern, which promptly uses it's first action to critical hit her into an instant loss.
- Arc Words: The Word 'Justice' is quite often referred to by Choca and Nea, but nobody really knows what they really mean when they're talking about it.
- Break the Cutie: Based off of how Choca reacted to the mere mention of Rita's name, how Nea claimed that she was born as a coping mechanism, and how there's a scar on the back of Choca's neck, it's easy to assume that Rita might have had one of these moments with Choca.
- Born Unlucky: See Trauma Conga Line
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: After turning into 'Nea', she's frequently switched teams and alliances at the drop of the hat, often hurting and helping both teams at any given time. For the record, she's been on Chaos, neutral with Chaos, neutral with Order, against Chaos, for Order, against both and for Order once again. It's anyone's guess what her next alliance is.
- Eye Scream: During a building fire, she lost her right eye after she tripped... onto a rock.
- Important Haircut: After her identity was leaked by William, she decided to cut her hair and dye it so that she can't be recognized anymore, while also assuming a new name, Nea.
- Irony: One night, she was cold from sleeping in the open and decided to 'borrow' a book from the library called 'How to Start a Fire for Dummys'. After about thirty minutes, every flammable thing in her home is on fire, Nea's on the ground bleeding out from an eye injury and all her plans and books are destroyed... except 'How to Start a Fire for Dummies'.
- Jerkass: When Nea isn't hiding away from everyone else, she generally tries to make everyone's day as shitty as possible... unless she wants something from them.
- Mismatched Eyes: After losing her right eye, Grim gave her a new one that was blood red, in comparison to it's previous brown color.
- Punny Name: Choca's name is based off of Chocolate, Nea's is based off of Neapolatin, and the rest of the family have similarly desert based names.
- The Guards Must Be Crazy: While she's busy planning, she leaves all her plans and (most of) her weapons behind on two separate occasions, to check on two strange sounds, one being a rustling around a corner and another a car alarm going off, allowing Tom to easily take pictures of her plans. It was working so well... until Tom ran into Nea as he was leaving.
- That Man Is Dead: The First Appearance of Nea invoked this, as well as claiming to both teams that she was the person responsible for Choca's death. She also notes this every time that anyone tries to call her 'Choca'.
- Trauma Conga Line: She goes to William to confirm her suspicion about identities, only to have her's revealed that night. During her first palace visit, she spend quite a few minutes acting cocky and powerful to the other two teams... only to be killed by Grim for distracting everyone and brought back within a minute. When she finally goes in, she gets one shot by the first enemy. A few nights later, while she starts a fire to keep herself warm, it catches all her plans on fire and as she goes to save them, she trips and destroys her own eye. Finally, as of most recently, when she goes into the Palace the second time, she's forced into a ping pong match between Jason and the Boss, each taking turns hitting her with either critical or super effective hits, forcing her to heal until she eventually can't outheal the damage. Ouch.
- Ungrateful Bastard: The first thing that Nea does after Will and Tom save her life by taking her out of a building is try to go back into it for her stuff, and when one of them tried to stop her, she tried to shoot them, only to miss. She then warned that the next shot wouldn't miss.
- Verbal Tic: While not in itself a verbal tick, when Nea is speaking, she always spaces out the words instead of saying them all at once.
A persona user with the code name 'Sparta'. Her persona is Hariasa.
- Action Girl: Her few appearances have suggested her to be this.
A persona user with the code name 'Sherlock'. His persona is Castor.
A persona user with the codename 'Bones'. His persona is Icarus.
- Taking the Bullet: Drinking the poison for Jack despite knowing he'd likely die.
A wildcard persona user with the codename 'Spectrum'. His persona is Xochipilli.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Kantan was physically harmed by his sister many times due to her being "jealous" of the attention he got for being a talented artist, despite her already being a skilled artist.
- Casting a Shadow: Xochipilli's main element.
- I Love Nuclear Power: Xochipilli's secondary element. This Persona is a bit of an odd one.
- Secret Identity: He is a graffiti artist that uses his artistic talent in order to create stunning works of art on various structures whenever he feels like tagging, which he will then use the alias 'Tekno'.
A persona user with the codename 'Pika'. Doesn't say much.
- The Quiet One: Doesn't seem to talk much.
A persona user with the codename '???'.
A persona user with the code name 'Kraken'. His persona is Corvetto.
- Affectionate Nickname: Heavily subverted, as Carmen is fond of calling him by nicknames that reference tentacle-related hentai.
- All Anime Is Naughty Tentacles: More like, everything involving Matt and Carmen is...
- Animal Motifs: He's squid-themed. His code name is 'Kraken', and his persona has a pair of long tentacles sprouting from it's back. To top it off, his dream-world outfit is pirate-themed, which just adds to the ocean-related comparisons.
- Apologises a Lot: He apologizes for every small thing, even offering to let people hurt him if it makes them feel better.
- Break the Cutie: He's a nice young man, just... been through some shit, yeah?
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: He seems to think that the way his brother treated him was somehow acceptable.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Matthew seems to have been abused by his older brother, Tobias.
- Good is Not Soft: He's shy, kind, and dislikes violence. However, when pushed far enough, he is more than willing to fight.
- Nice Hat: Matthew wears a red beanie with spikes not unlike cat's ears. He's mentioned it to people in the chatroom to help them find him in a crowd.
- Revenge: Completely subverted. It's heavily implied he's been horribly wronged in his life, yet seeks no retribution.
- Taking the Bullet: He's offered several times for his team members to use him as a meat shield, despite his own cowardice.
- Please Kill Me If It Satisfies You: Whenever he does the slightest thing wrong, he begs for people to hurt him.
- Mood-Swinger: He seems to randomly and unpredictably jump between three moods: being really detached, yet cheerful, being more present, but still somewhat distant and awkward, and being extremely present and in-the-moment, but a complete Jerkass.
- Break Them by Talking: He attempted to disgust Choca's shadow by displaying that his persona could do 'hentai-esque' things. However, his attempt completely failed as Choca ended up being really, really into it.
A persona user with the code name 'Communications Device'. Her persona is 'Big Brother'.
A wildcard persona user with the code name 'Hero'. His persona is Thor.
A persona user with the code name 'Mc Kay'. His persona is Lugh.
- Cloudcuckoolander: He's completely nuts and doesn't seem to be entirely grounded in reality.
A persona user with the code name 'Warden'. His persona is Ubelluris.
A persona user with the code name 'Druid'. His persona is Cernunnos.
The Grim Reaper. Was apparently a human once.
Ruruko's sister. Nicer. Owns the Nejibisu Emporium.
- Asian Store-Owner: Hails from Japan and she owns a shop near the Big Ben.
- Berserk Button: Thieves and Stealing.
- Big Sister Instinct: Of course.
- Boobs of Steel: Has large breasts and is very strong.
- Cool Big Sis: Is one to her little sister Ruruko.
- Death Glare: Whenever she gets pissed off, which only happens when someone tries to steal from her.
- Emotionless Girl
- Emotion Suppression: In her past, she shut off her own emotions in order to appear as professional as possible. Her emotions have gradually returned once she met and married her husband, however. Not all of them have returned yet, though.
- Family Business: She and Ruruko run a shop together, and they're sisters.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Her eyes glow when she's about to 'punish' a thief.
- Hates Small Talk: When behind the counter of her shop. Downplayed however, since she circumvents this by stepping away from the counter.
- Made of Iron: There's no in-story explanation for her strength and toughness. She just is.
- Mama Bear: Mess with her family, and you will regret it.
- Meaningful Name: Kaneko means "doubly accomplished child" and Nejibisu is an anagram of the Japanese spelling of "business". She's a great shopkeeper and also a good mother.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: She is physically strong, but is not visibly muscular.
- Nice Hat: Wears one.
- Shoplift and Die: Her philosophy.
- Silk Hiding Steel
- Statuesque Stunner: Is around 6'0" tall and a beautiful woman.
- Super Strength: Is incredibly strong, but only rarely shows it off.
- Super Toughness: She can shrug off most anything that comes her way.
- The Stoic: Is unfazed by anything.
A cocky and rude inventor who works at a local airsoft shop. Isn't paid enough.
- Badass Longcoat: Wears a long, green cargo jacket with a fur-lined hood. Subverted slightly, as while he thinks it's cool, many think it makes him look like a 'hobo'.
- Brilliant but Lazy: He's a genius, but can never be bothered to get anything done.
- Deadpan Snarker: While he's usually a decent guy, he often becomes this.
- Refusal of the Call: Grim has attempted to recruit him several times, but each time he's turned it down.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: He's a douchebag, but the few times he's cracked shows there's something underneath it...
- Drowning My Sorrows: His immediate reaction to any sort of stress is to drink.
- Berserk Button: When he asks you to leave, it's wise to just do it. If not...
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Continuously tries to connect with Alexander Root and 'make things right', but he slept with him while the latter was under the influence of mind control, which Minato knew and yet still agreed to do so. That tends to sour a relationship.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Refuses to accept emotional support of any kind.
- Guilt Complex: He mentioned to Carmen that he's 'killed four people', and gave him two of the names. One was his mother, who committed suicide after she had a child (who was Minato himself) that was conceived via rape. The other was his brother, who died in an explosion, but not much else is known. Nothing is known about the other two deaths.
- Kids Are Cruel: Unintentionally drove his own mother to suicide when he was six.
- Martyr Without a Cause: Has attempted suicide over the guilt of what he's done, even though he knows nobody wants him dead, and suicide won't solve anything.
- That Man Is Dead: When Grim references 'another Minato' who is apparently a good person he holds in high regard, Minato sharply retorts that "The other me is dead".
- Humiliation Conga: Whenever he insults the goddesses.
A student who likes to swim and eat donuts.
A wealthy young woman who kidnapped a man once, and somehow he decided that meant he should marry her.
- Affably Evil: Despite the many times where the guards have either wasted her time or resources, she's never punished a single one of them. Furthermore, she's been nothing but kind to the people she's kidnapped, only getting annoyed when they refused to relax and decided to play it differently, ordering them to relax. Even when someone put a gun to one of her guard's head, she immediately tried to start negotiating with him rather than just shooting them both, and after a few minutes of negotiating she even had her guards fix the man's wounds. Besides, she's doing this all for love...right?
- Can't Kill You, Still Need You: Despite the fact that Jason stormed her penthouse with the intention of killing her and her guards, and the fact that many of her lower guards also died trying to stop him, she still tried to negotiate with Jason to put the guns down and talk things out, even giving up all three hostages she had at the time to have him give up all his weapons and become a hostage himself. A little extreme considering how many times in the conversation he tried to kill her.
- Stalker with a Crush: Has been chasing Choca for over 5 years and has asked a majority of the remaining characters if they know about Choca's whereabouts.
- The Kindnapper: While Rita's kidnapped four different people over the set of a week, it was to simply see her friend again, and during this time she made sure that all four of the victims were enjoying themselves, and when there were gunshots downstairs, she made it her priority to have them safer than even herself, as she took out a gun and went out to protect them just as well.
- Yandere: While not full blown, Rita's kidnapped four different people in an attempt to convince Choca and her friends to give her up. Not only that, but she even had her guards and herselves opt to kill anyone who came up to save the hostages, rather than try to negotiate with them... at first.
A jeweler that likes violence, and can pull trees out of the ground with her bare hands.
- Action Girl: Incredibly strong and capable. She loves a good challenge. She's also very deadly.
- Asian Store-Owner: Like her sister.
- Death Glare: Sports an impressive one, but it pales compared to her sister's.
- Jerkass: Is a mean spirited person.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite this, she still loves children and protects them and is not fully bad.
- Made of Iron: There's no in-story explanation for her strength and toughness. She just is.
- Mama Bear: She is also a mother and much like her sister, stops at nothing until her loved ones are safe.
- Meaningful Name: Ruruko is a combination of 'ru', meaning "precious stone", another 'ru', meaning "beheading" and 'ko', meaning child. She is an accomplished jeweler.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: She can lift trees effortlessly, even when she's a small and slim woman.
- Nice Hat: Wears one.
- Super Strength: Despite her small stature, she uprooted an entire tree effortlessly.
- Super Toughness: She can shrug off most anything that comes her way, much like her sister.
An assassin who likes alcohol.
Minato Okumura's brother. Presumably adopted, considering their different surnames.
- Phillip Root: Alexander Root's uncle. Seems to have taken in Wendy and Alexander.
- Wentworth Root: Alexander Root's father. A bad man.
- Wendy Root: Alexander Root's sister. A nice girl, but acts much younger than she is. Has had a rough life.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: She was made to believe her father's constant sexual abuse was just a 'game'.
- Chiko Nejibisu: Kaneko's and Ruruko's mother. A kind puppeteer. Even stronger than Ruruko and tougher than Kaneko.
- Kaneo Nejibisu: Kaneko's and Ruruko's older brother. Sometimes runs the Nejibisu Emporium in his siter's stead.
- Daniel Saotome: Kaneko's husband. A man with a lot of heart, but who rather watches the kids than work himself.
- Polyamory: Loves Kaneko and Ruruko equally, and has children with both of them.
- Fumiko Saotome: Kaneko's eldest child. 10 years old.
Matthew Allen's older brother. Blind and has a really big and intimidating dog named Percy.
- They Called Me Mad!: Is often called insane for his speeches on humanity and his sick fascination with it.
- Hate Sink: He's very obviously one of these.
- If I Can't Have You...: Somewhat subverted in that it's a non-sexual and non-romantic context, but once his brother slipped out of his control and showed signs of being more independent, he immediately decided that he must kill him.
- Cain and Abel: Self-explainitory.
A demon inhabiting a... My Little Pony toy? I suppose beggars can't be choosers...
A cute young girl.