Cain the FatalityThe strongest Apostle of all, Cain is the king of Pandemonium. No one dares to stand against him. No traps or magic can overcome his extreme strength and vitality. Even though he is the strongest being in all of Pandemonium, he doesn't care about the surrounding areas except Union Square, where he resides, so he never invades another Apostle's territory.
Crying Eyes HilderUnable to forget what happened to her beautiful homeland and her family, Hilder is considered to be the first being to use the forces of Nature to create magic. She holds all knowledge of Pandemonium's history and endeavors to rebuild Pandemonium to its original status. She has the power to stay out of harm's way and possesses telepathy, which is why she takes on the deed to unite Pandemonium's residents and prevent conflict. Although she has weaker fighting abilities than most of the other Apostles, due to the above traits, the people of Pandemonium still consider her as the Second Apostle.
- Bare Your Midriff
- The Chessmaster: While she isn't the strongest Apostle combat-wise, her ability to sway and manipulate others is what caused many of the disasters in the game, even manipulating the player character directly at parts (moreso for certain classes). This alone lands her the position of Apostle #2.
- God's Hands Are Tied: The player character pretty much asks Hilder upfront why she and Cain don't just kill the more destructive Apostles themselves. Apparently they tried, but their own powers as Apostles prevent them from killing one another, forcing Hilder to go to extremes.
- The Heavy: She's had a hand in many of the disasters that occurred throughout the game.
- Stripperific: Is fully clothed except for her torso area....
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: She wants to revive Pandemonium, but doing so comes at the cost of Arad.
- You Can't Thwart Stage One: Her mysterious plan to revitalize Pandemonium at the cost of Arad requires the deaths of the other Apostles. Several of them die during the story, usually after causing enough chaos on their own to provoke the player character and their allies.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A
Isis-Prey in the Blue SkyIsis originally lived in a place that was ruled by a race that soars the skies. Due to the odd changes to his world, he flew to a height no others in his world could, and while scouting the azure skies, he discovered the existence of Pandemonium. There, he found Cain and during the fierce battle between the two, Pandemonium drifted away from his home. Thus, Isis became a resident of Pandemonium.
- Grand Theft Me: Prey is able to talk to mortals by temporarily possessing his closest followers.
- Mind Manipulation: On the other hand, Isis's army consists of mind-controlled creatures from his home planet of Tayberrs.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The Harlem scenario quest line kicks off with Isis-Prey, in egg form, falling into the Harlem area and setting much of the slums on fire. "Episode 1: Ricardo" shows that Ricardo the Heartbreaker managed to get it to hatch after the events of Harlem, most likely paving the way for the Isis-Prey Raid.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Isis is renamed Isys in DFO Global (albeit still inconsistently referred to as Isis at times), presumably to avoid associating with the real life terrorist group of the same name.
- Split Personality: Prey is the good one, Isis is the evil one.
- Winged Humanoid: Isis is a Birdman with 3 pairs of wings.
Kasijas the ConquerorBelonging to a race where battle is the meaning of life, Kasijas arrived at Pandemonium trying to find stronger opponents after defeating all others on his planet. He battled every Apostle he could find in Pandemonium (excluding Lotus and Isis) and found that he could barely defeat his opponents. However, upon fighting Cain, Kasijas lost to his overwhelming powers and now fears Cain. Whenever Pandemonium clings on to another world, he eagerly seeks opponents to battle with. He is about 1.5 times bigger than a regular human being, and wields two swords. From his battle experience, he can be seen as one of the strongest creatures that ever existed. Upon hearing that there are powerful creatures in the Land of Arad, he made a contract with Summoner Kate and is ready to be summoned to the Land of Arad, looking for a good challenge.
- Assist Character: The Summoner class's awakening brings him to the battle field.
- Challenge Seeker: He agrees to be available to be summoned for the opportunity of finding worthy battles.
- Nearly at the end of the Pandemonium Epic Quests, you get to fight him, as his request.
- Summon Bigger Fish: He becomes one of the Summoner's summons after her awakening.
- Self-Duplication: However, he only sends fragments of himself to Summoners he makes contracts with, which explains why his power varies depending on the Summoner involved. In the Pandemonium Epic Quest where you fight him, if you're a Summoner, he will not object at all if you use his power against him.
- Master Swordsman: He is noted to be an expert with his swords.
Sirocco of IntangibleThe first of the Apostles to be transferred to Arad. In fact, it's because of her that many of the major events in Arad have come to fruition (Being resposible for the Great Devolution, and The Metastasis was a result of Carloso). Wherever her powers arrive, the world will change. She holds the power to change the world around her. She can only freely move around warm areas, so she resides in the Metro Center in Pandemonium. Because of this, she fights Anton for energy often.
However, she was transferred to Arad, arriving in the Screaming Cavern. There, she went insane, nearly wiping out the Nugols living there, and creating an unstable environment. Eventually, the Empire sent its best soldiers, including the four Legendary Weapon Masters, to investigate the cavern. Unfortunately, most of the investigating party succumbed to Siroko's overwhelming power, and Roxy, a Dark Elf Beserker, unleashed the full power of Kazan's Blood Curse to put an end to Siroko once and for all. However, this act ended up costing Roxy her life in the process...
- The Corrupter: As she died she corrupted various children throughout Arad, cursing them with mysterious power. Those who were corrupted eventually came to be known as "Demonic Lancers"
- Posthumous Character: Killed by the four Legendary Weapon Masters before the events of the game. The prologue comic before the Metastasis update even showed her defeat.
- Reality Warper
- Spell My Name with an "S": Known as "Siroko" when the game was under Nexon America
- Stripperific: Her attire can only be described as ornaments with ribbons attached to them.
- When It All Began: Was responsible for the Great Devolution on Arad
Delezie, Plagued ApostleThe source of all diseases, Delezie has the power to turn living things into dust. It was rejected by the residents of Pandemonium after spreading the flu and black death, so he is controlled by the other Apostles where it resides in the Bronx area. He chooses not to pick fights with the other Apostles unless his life is on the line. Delezie is another one of the Apostles that were transferred to Arad. It appeared in North Myre, literally turning the place into a living hell.
A portion of Delezie's power also appeared in Noire Ferra, ruining the Dark Elf city and transforming much of Aphelia into monsters cursed by Delezie's Plague. There, a phantasm of Delezie materialized, causing much torment and destruction before eventually being defeated by adventurers.
Delezie met its end in Reshpon, Village of Pain, after being defeated by heroes wielding the divine protection of Hilder. After being defeated, Delezie was cast into an Interdimensional Rift and thrown into a space vacuum, utterly annihilating him.
- Barrier Change Boss: His main gimmick in his boss fight is to absorb the first element you hit him with, both reflecting it and healing from it for a little while, before dropping it and waiting for another element. Oh, and don't try to be smart and make him absorb non-elemental attacks, because he'll massively buff himself in response.
- Eldritch Abomination: Though his preferred form is more of an Animalistic Abomination, he can shed it at will and become a literal tornado of pure disease.
- No Biological Sex: Is referred to with female pronouns under Nexon America and male pronouns under Neople for the English version. In other versions Delezie is simply gender neutral
- Fighting a Shadow: The boss of City of Noire Ferra is a weak phantom copy of the original Delezie. The real thing in Reshpon is much, much worse.
- Plaguemaster: Essentially a Ur Example in-universe, being the progenitor of every disease and sickness imaginable in Pandemonium. It doesn't help that he enjoys what he does.
- Purple Is Powerful: Being a resident Person of Mass Destruction, this is a given.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Having first fought Phantasmal Delezie, whose eyes are blue, the real Delezie's piercing red eyes are a clear indicator that it's done playing nice.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Because of his nature, he's effectively immortal. Therefore, after the Dungeon Fighter deals with him, Hilder opens an Interdimensional Rift to banish him into.
- Walking Wasteland: His presence in Arad causes whole cities to succumb to deadly plagues, turning many of its denizens into crude shambles of flesh.
Flame Eater AntonThe largest Apostle in Pandemonium, Anton's body is large enough to cover a whole area in Pandemonium. Just before his world was destroyed, he used all his power to pull himself onto Pandemonium, which had appeared around his world when it was destroyed. He resides in Metro Center and consumes the energy that is generated every once a while. Whenever he falls asleep, Pandemonium will glow like it is on fire. This is the only time where people in the land of Empyrean can see Pandemonium, which the Empyreans call "the mirage of an upside down city."
Anton was later transferred to the land of Empyrean, and went to the Power Station to continue his feast on energy. Because of Anton, the Kartels were able to obtain a major advantage over the forces in Ghent due to the loss in power.
- Colossus Climb: He's quite obviously too gigantic to be fought directly, and is instead combated through several dungeons that take place on his body.
- Diabolus ex Machina: Essentially this to the Empyreans. Because of his arrival and consuming the power at the power plant, the Kartels were able to launch their attack on Ghent.
- Kaiju: He is an enormous monster who is feeding off the power plants of Empyrean.
- The Runt at the End: As revealed in one of the storybooks, he was actually the smallest and youngest of his species at the time of the destruction of his homeworld, making him the only one who could escape it.
Gangling LotusOriginally from an ocean world. Lotus is also transferred to Arad while hibernating but lands on the Behemoth, startling it and sending it to the skies. From there, Lotus wakes up to find he is in an unfamiliar place. After finding out where is exactly, Lotus uses his mind-control powers to take over the minds of the GBL who resided on Behemoth. What's very interesting is that Lotus manages to do all of this while being in an incredibly weakened state. When you eventually fight and defeat Lotus, he's only at ~10% of his true power.
Lotus met his end after heroes overcame his many forces and mind control abilites. However, with his parting words, he mentioned that his death was already foretold by Siroko...
- Combat Tentacles: Utilizes his tentacles to strike and slam.
- Gameplay and Story Integration: When you first fight Lotus on Behemoth, he's weakened and is stopped before he can submerge himself in water to regain his strength. About thirty levels later, you fight an alternate version of him who managed to get to water and it's a much harder fight.
- Mind Rape: Does this to a lot of people it brainwashes.
- Plot Coupon That Does Something: The Hyper Jammer. In-story, you make the thing to prevent your character from being mind controlled. It's possible to fight Lotus without the Hyper Jammer (and you have to do so at least once), but wearing it cuts down on the InvincibleMinorMinions generated during the fight.
- Weaksauce Weakness: It's possible, if timed very well, to avoid his mind control attack by jumping. The "Leap" buff helps.
Luke the ConstructorEver since his birth, Luke's blood drove him into a life of endless building. The Second Apostle, Hilder, saw his abilities and asked him to rebuild Pandemonium. The progress is slow because he is doing this job alone. He is currently rebuilding Metro Center. Pandemonium can receive a constant supply of energy, all thanks to him. Due to being pressured by Bakal 1000 years ago, he built the City of Death, which connects the land of Pandemonium and the land of Empyrean.
While much about Luke still remains unknown, it was he who showed Bakal many events of the future, including the death of the Apostles, and what that entailed.
- Growing Muscles Sequence: Goes from a scrawny, bearded old man with extra arms to a hulking grey monstrosity by the time he's able to be fought in his own version of a raid dungeon.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: He's seen his own death and the deaths of all the other Apostles and depicted them using his lights. His visions of his own death motivated him to fill the Castle of Death with guardians of his own likeness to stop the Dungeon Fighters from making it to Pandemonium as well as an attempt to fool Death into taking one of them instead of him.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecy: He is responsible for the Black Nightmare phenomenon that begins the player character's journey. This eventually causes Luke to get the attention of the player character and many other citizens of Arad and Empyrean.
- Prophecy Twist: Makes an attempt by constructing mechanical effigies of himself in the hopes that Death will take them instead.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: His castle is ran by machines that wield either darkness or light. An NPC compares it to how Luke is seen as a savior of Pandemonium, but his machinations have brought catastrophe to Arad.Hilder: "While he lives, light cannot be our redemption and darkness cannot be our rest."
- You Can't Fight Fate: For all of Luke's and the player's efforts to spare his life, he dies when he is backstabbed by Vaughn Walshuted, who was empowered by Hilder.
Dragon King BakalOne of the former Apostles, Bakal tried to take over the land of Empyrean. However, he was eventually defeated and killed.
Due to his wish to conquer the whole land of Pandemonium, Bakal was no longer considered an Apostle. Because of this, Bakal declared the Dragon War with his Dragonoid army to gain the Water of Life, which would make him immortal. However, he was fought off by the combined efforts of Hilder, Kasijas, and Luke. He then escaped to the land of Empyrean using the City of Death that he had Luke made, and sealed away all means of getting to the Land of Empyrean from the land of Arad, causing the Sky Tower to disappear from Arad. He then conquered the land of Empyrean and forbade the use of magic as it was a threat to him. He built a castle for himself and made an army out of the Soldiers of Light. Since magic was forbidden in the land of Empyrean, the people developed high quality technology, especially machines. The Mechanics of Empyrean eventually defeated Bakal and his Army of Light, ending his reign of terror. Bakal's scream before his death split Empyrean into several pieces. Many parts fell on the land of Arad around where North Myre is. Bakal's castle floated away from Empyrean and can sometimes be seen on a sunny day, and it is now known as the Floating Castle.
However, it turns out that Bakal was merely acting on behalf of the beings on Arad. After being shown visions of the future in which many of the other Apostles and himself were to be slain along with the world of Arad to be sacrificed in order to revive Pandemonium, Bakal took it upon himself to take over Empyrean and make its inhabitants strong enough to prevent their eventual destruction. However, Bakal didn't count on Hilder sending heroes from 500 years in the future to come back in time and defeat him...
Bakal also had four sons: Ash Core, Numak, Itrenok and Neiser and created the the three legendary dragons, Skasa the Ice Dragon, Death Dragon Spirazzi, and Hismark.
- Ban on Magic: Banned magic so that nobody could oppose him with it. So the Empyreans instead developed technology. In actuality, it's so that the Empyreans could grow stronger without relying on magic, so that they could stand a chance against Hilder.
- I Need You Stronger: He knows that Hilder is guiding the Dungeon Fighters and plans to make short work of them and Arad after they've defeated the other Apostles. So he planned to make them stronger than Hilder intended so that they could stand a chance against her.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He learned that Hilder will find Unwitting Pawns (the Dungeon Fighters) to kill him and the other Apostles and then destroy Arad and Empyrean in order to restore Pandemonium. So, he plans on making the Dungeon Fighters stronger than Hilder intended so that they can take her down too. Thus why he oppressed the Empyreans and banned magic, forcing them to grow stronger and develop technology in place of magic.
Michael of the Holy EyeThe 11th Apostle, the creator of the priest arts, and the leader of the Order of the Holy Eye, he is the General of the war against the Black Bible. Michael is also responsible for sealing away Ozma many years ago. Due to unknown reasons, Michel has the appearance of a young man despite being much older than he appears.
Michael currently holds guard over Ozma in Dark Side, unable to truly kill him. However, he stands ever present of the plans already set in motion, aware that Ozma's death could spell destruction for the rest of the world...
- Archangel Michael: His design and namesake seems to be inspired by the Angel Michael.
- Badass Preacher: Founder of the Priest class.
- Barrier Maiden: He's preventing Ozma from coming into the world when you encounter him.
- In the Hood: Has his hood up at all times.
- Older Than They Look: Resembles a young adolescent man in spite being over centuries old.
Ozma of ChaosThe 12th known Apostle. Formerly a human wielder of magic, Ozma accepted evil powers from a Dark God and became the God of Chaos. With his powers, he brought much destruction and chaos to Arad before being eventually being sealed by Michael in another dimension. It is because of Ozma that the Impostors were created and the Cosmos Demons descended to Arad. Ozma was also the one who cursed Kazan and brought about his Blood Curse.
Ozma was eventually defeated by heroes who had wandered into the Dark Side.
- The Corrupter: His influence is what gives the Avenger his powers.
- Also indirectly responisble for Kazan's Blood Curse, making him this to all Slayers.
- Deity of Human Origin
- Interface Screw: The absolute king of this, as his name implies: he can make your party's attacks damage each other, causing you to very quickly kill each other by accident if you're not prepared for it, force your characters to teleport around randomly, completely black out the screen except for a small area around him and cause the camera to focus on a different player: all of these can be countered by the player who's currently transformed into one of his demons, but figuring out what they should do is easier said than done, especially since lag can easily ruin your attempts. He's also protected by a barrier that takes repeated hits to break and only makes him vulnerable for short perioids of time: thanks to all the above and the fact that the effects can stack, all he needs to do is to create dark geysers of energy and slowly floating balls of darkness and an unco-ordinated party can easily lose tens of lives before being able to take him down. A later update toned this down somewhat: while he still has the habit of turning your party into weakened monsters, he's now invincible for most of the time and once the stones in the corners of the room are destroyed, it's easy to kill him before he does anything else.
The 13th Apostle - The One Who Knows All Secrets
- Unknown Character: As of right now
A being known as "the creator of all universes". He split himself into various parts and sealed all of them away, throwing the world into destruction and chaos. However, this ended with Nemyr's intervention, who also fashioned a being in her own image, the Knight, and scattered her various copies to the ends of the earth. Now currently missing, the Knights have been tasked by fate to find him. While not an Apostle himself, his power exceeds even that of Cain.
- Carry a Big Stick: His weapon is the Bludgeon, a weapon that is considered the weirdest out of the 5 slayer weapons (even compared to Lightsabre). It has a lot of ground-bouncing abilities, yet he literally uses his herculean strength to hurl people into the sky.
- Eskimo Land: Where the Bantus live or used to.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong: Lives on a frozen mountain. Considering his huge size, it should be obvious that he's no ordinary warrior.
- The Big Guy: Of the 4 Blade Masters. Tallest NPC in the game, and his attack style reflects really well considering he has a lot of super armor. Becomes pretty scary when he can literally teleport after a short animation in front of you if you run too much. Amazing when he comes out of the teleport charging at you like a truck.
- Non-Standard Character Design: As an APC, his sprite is notably larger than the usual Slayer sprite and isn't based on it unlike the other 3 Blade Masters, meaning he uses his own custom animations for his attacks and movement.
- Scary Impractical Armor: Has skulls and pelts across his garb. It's quite a feat of seeing him for the first time and not being scared.
- Ascended Extra: Before the season 2 update he has only showed up in the animated prologue for the Female Slayer, a flashback cutscene at the beginning of the Time Break quests, and later in Confidential area in an epic quest. After the update he has showed up in nearly every epic quest prior to the Ghent quests, conversing with the player and assisting them in dungeons.
- Ambition Is Evil: Ever since the Screaming Cavern incident, he spearheaded the research in Vilmark, which turned the land around Lorien Forest to become an hellhole filled with mutated monsters by artificially making Metastasis. Why? Just so he could train with the monsters he lost from the Screaming Caverns to catch up to the rest of the Blade Masters. It has to be reminded that the Vilmark accident was so horrendous that everyone who spearheaded the research was executed by the empire (well, almost). Almost literally almost transforms him into an heroic Starscream if you think about his reputation. Siran is shocked by this VERY deeply.
- It's even worse when you know him from Female Slayer's main story. He's one of the leaders of the project after Vilmark of weaponizing children into Slayer soldiers.
- Dead All Along: His wife, Emily, who he mentioned a lot actually passed away years prior to the beginning of the story.
- Good Cop/Bad Cop: Compared to Hartz, he's literally the complete opposite, talkative and carefree. Though, compared to Hartz, he tends to also not think of plans that well.
- Multicolored Hair: Blonde with a single red strand of hair.
- Not Now, Kiddo: Literally is treated like this by most of the Blade Masters.
- Put on a Bus: Once his sprite appears up in Ghent, he resides there for the rest of the game.
- The Bus Came Back: He shows up again in the Castle of the Dead and the Luke's Laboratory storyline.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red Oni to Hartz' Blue.
- Ki Manipulation: Unlike other Blade Masters, he's able to use Nen. He discovers the Time Gate with this.
- Older Than He Looks: Looks mid-30 but is really in his 50s after traveling through the Time Gate.
- Razor Wind: His Secret Slayer Technique (Or Secret Sword Art) releases massive sword waves again and again. His NPC tends to be almost Blade Beam spam at that point.
- That Didn't Happen: He used to teach not only Woo, but Sayoung, who became jealous of Woo's success to the point of selling his soul for more power. Siran refuses to acknowledge Sayoung as an apprentice because of this. At the end, Sayoung's obsession of mastering swordsmanship turned him into an monster, who you encounter in Frost Cave now. As Siran says, "A True Swordsman doesn't let his sword control his life".
- The Ageless: Due to the effects of the Time Gate, he's stopped aging and actually appears younger than his apprentice.
- The Gadfly: He's fond of using his Older Than They Look state to mess with people.
- Time Master: He can freely open the Time Gate, allowing those who travel through it to travel through time.
- Skunk Stripe: Has brown hair with a few streaks of white.
- Verbal Tic: Says "thang" in place of "thing" as part of his accent.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Never explained, but is said to have a thick Suju accent.
- BFS: Zanbato is a giant blade that is used by Berserkers or Blade Masters for their incredible Physical strength, even outdoing Bludgeons.
- Crusading Widower: The death of his lover, Roxy, left a great impact on him.
- Despair Event Horizon: After Roxy's death, and took a long time for him to recover.
- Interspecies Romance: With Roxy, a Dark Elf.
- I Work Alone: Tends to shy away from others, even his own fellow Legendary Grand Masters. He is, however, level 90, and more than capable of handling matters on his own.
- Heroic BSoD: Goes through one after Roxy dies, as seen in the Screaming Cave dungeon, when Siran approaches him asking him questions about the culprit behind the problems of the Time Gate area, Aganzo is too depressed to answer.
- Further proven in the Pre-Metastasis Tavern dungeon (now only accessible via Mirror Arad) where he is an enemy APC, as he is likely there to drown his sorrows.
- One-Handed Zweihänder: Downplayed; he carries it with one hand but uses both to swing it as he is an APC of the Male Slayer.
- Old Friends: With Linus.
- Peek-a-Bangs: His bangs covers one side of his face.
- Tornado Move: His Illusion Sword Dance creates freaking Tornados that follow you since Pre-Metastasis.
RoxyWhile not one of the Legendary Grand Masters, she traveled with them when investigating the Screaming Cave, and through her sacrifice, helped to put down Sirocco
- The Berserker: Has an arm possessed by Kazan, and to it's fullest potential allows her to singlehandedly slay an Apostle, although it exhausts her to the brink of death.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Died in Aganzo's arms as shown in the pre-Metastasis prologue comic.
- Our Elves Are Better: Was a Dark Elf.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Was able to kill Sirocco at the cost of her life.
- Interspecies Romance: With Aganzo, a human.
- The Lost Lenore: Again, to Aganzo.
- Posthumous Character: Is dead prior to the main story.
Morgan, the Alchemist
- Boyish Short Hair: Her hair is just a little bit above her shoulders.
Kiri the LadyThe Gunner Trainer. After falling from Empyrean while fighting the Kartels, she's slowly adjusting to life in Arad
- Fish out of Water: Was originally from Empyrean, many of her quotes express her curiosity regarding the world of Arad.
- Mage Marksman: Not quite, but one of her old english quotes has wondering if she could endow her bullets with nen. Sharan also mentions that's she's teaching Kiri as a student in magic after the Metastasis update.
GrandisThe Priest Trainer
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Carries a Teddy Bear by her side, and an event was centered around finding more of them for her.
ChobungThe Pvp npc, based off a professional Korean Dn F player
- Bare Your Midriff: Wears a crop top that also shows a good amount of her cleavage.
Joah FerreroA travel guide in the West Coast, he leads the player to exclusive dungeons to earn Gold and Items.
Jar Squadron (Manjin, Danjin, Arin, Pokin, and Cardin)
- Bishounen: In Slap-Up Party, it's revealed that all of them are super-handsome guys that attract girls the moment they take their pots off. They keep the pots on to keep a low profile in crowds. This was also referenced in largely underwhelming second anniversary event with a minigame that involved rapidly punching Danjin in the boxing ring and if you broke his pot 3 times, you saw his actual face which was as described above, complete with a rose between his teeth.
- Catchphrase: "You have to spend mawney to make mawney!"
- Put on a Bus: Only Danjin appears as a permanent NPC, although Senior and others make some temporary appearances during specific events.
G.S.D.The Slayer Trainer, he's referred as the greatest swordsman in the continent. Many details about him are surrouded in mystery.
MinetThe Thief Trainer, the Dark Elf elders asked her to train all the novice Thieves
- Double Agent: Of the conflict between Queen Maya and the Dark Elf Elders
- Our Elves Are Better
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: She's quite outspoken in her pride as a Dark Elf and through dialogue with her, clearly prioritizes Dark Elves over other races.
- Take a Third Option: Interestingly enough, she is for the most part neutral on the affairs between Queen Maya and the Elders, instead opting to better her people on her own accord and tries to bring peace between the two sides.
RobatoThe Female Slayer Trainer, originally from the De Los Empire, now she acts as Empress Skardi's right hand woman.
- The Atoner: For her hunting of other people with the Kazan Syndrome.
- Hunter of His Own Kind: Originally hunted other people who were infected with the Kazan Syndrome for the De Los Empire before defecting.
PungjinThe Fighter Trainer. Ran a dojo in Hendon Myre prior to The Metastasis. Now acts as an envoy from Suju to Underfoot and operates the training center. He's the older brother of Sizki.
- Eyes Always Shut: Is yet to be seen with them open.
SharanThe Mage Trainer and Master of the Magic Guild. She gives lessons to both Mages and people with magic potential.
AnnisThe Knight Trainer, she likes to talk about lighthearted topics and tends to deviate from the important subject.
- Alternate Self: Of the Knight player character.
- The Klutz: Spills milk on platter for the player character at the beginning of the Mirror Arad questline.
LenoThe Demonic Lancer Trainer.
- Shonen Hair: His hair is spiked up this way.
Bucken NefThe Guild Management NPC. Also a Covert Agent for the Principality of Bel Myre leading an underground resistance movement against the Empire.
- Demoted to Extra: Prior to the Metastasis he was briefly involved in the Aphelia Post questline, now he just serves as the NPC who manages basic guild functions.
Abello AlpariaA Dark Elf who teaches players professions.
- '80s Hair: Has long hair but the top area is spiked up.
- Childhood Friends: With Kargon, they're known each other since they were kids.
- Deadpan Snarker: He won't hesitate to mock Kargon about his failings of impressing Seria in song form.
- Pointy Ears: Being a Dark Elf, he has these.
- Romantic Wingman: The Wingless Angel storybook has Kargon and Abello figure out out how Kargon can win Seria's heart. It doesn't work.
Roger LevinA trader and item crafter, leading a business called Gold Rush with her assistant, Daphne.
Daphne MarbrosRoger's skilled young assistant, she specializes in Avatar Emblems.
OranAn old woman who sells pet-related items.
- Miniature Senior Citizens: She's one of the more shorter NPCs, and one of the more older ones too.
SimonaA mysterious old woman who gives quests related to the Valley of Fallen Souls.
- Older Alter Ego: It's repeatedly hinted that she is the alter ego of Azalea Lott.
KlonterThe Royal Messenger of Queen Maya. Prior to the Metastasis he acted as the envoy of the Dark Elves to the Bel Myre Kingdom, seeking to prevent war from breaking out between the two kingdoms. He also sells materials for the Purification/Amplification.
- Horse of a Different Color: His Lamina Viento (a manticore like creature) by his side serves as his mount.
- Nice Guy: One of the most kind members of the Dark Elf government.
Iris Fortune SingerA fortuneteller from Pandemonium, Leader of the Terra Cotta Mages and also member of the Mage Guild in West Coast. She aids the player in killing the Apostles in order to revive Pandemonium.
The events of the Time Gate area reveal her to be responsible for all of the disasters that plagued Arad and Empyrean under the control of Hilder. After being defeated, Hilder attempts to dispose of her, only for the Dungeon Fighter to rescue her.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Hilder has been using her as a "marionette" to instigate the disasters of Arad and Empyrean.
- Magic Music.
- The Man Behind the Man: While she was acting under Hilder's orders, she had a hand in most of the events that happened in Arad and Empyrean.
- Marionette Master: She's a skilled puppeteer and was originally the one who taught the Animation profession. Ironically, she's used as a marionette by Hilder
Queen MayaThe (relatively) young queen of the Dark Elves.
- The High Queen: A rare Dark Elf example. Her altruism and curiosity of other races led her to opening Underfoot to the public.
- Really 219 Years Old: She's very young by Dark Elf standards.
- Skilled, but Naïve: While a capable leader, she's still relatively naive and can be too trusting of foreign powers (such as the De Los Empire). In spite of this however she quickly caught on to Saffron's true intentions when he sent her out of the kingdom for a meeting.
Elder SaffronOne of Queen Maya's advisors.
- Evil Chancellor: Frequently plots to keep Queen Maya at bay so that he can have more power in Underfoot.
Hartz von KruegerAn Imperial Spearman and high-ranking soldier of the De Los Empire and subordinate to Vaughn. He initially followed his father's wishes by joining the Imperial Army, but his stubborn personality eventually got him on a prison ward job, in anger, he let out the prisoners under his care (one of them being the Female Slayer, causing more trouble than expected). Waiting to be court-martialed, he was recruited by Vaughn instead and ascended through the ranks until he was promoted to Assault Captain, later Vice-Captain of the Iron Wolves.
Mad Dog LoelA large Dark Elf working under Faris.
- Blood Knight: Laments that he can't go out and fight.
- Dumb Muscle: Large and muscular, but easily fooled by the player in a quest.
Faris, The Sewer PrincessA well-known Female Brawler and mercenary, looking to make profit from the upcoming Dark Elf war.
- Berserk Button: If you mention Shonan Aska to her, she will threaten you while gritting her teeth.
- HeelFace Turn: Prior to the Metastasis she was a hostile APC in a quest who later helps you in the Aphelia Post Questline. After Metastasis she's working to restore Hendon Myre and West Coast back in order.
- Jerkass: Hates loud noises, threatens to beat you up, and downright insults you if you call yourself an adventurer.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Rude, abrasive, and acts like she doesn't care about anyone but herself... but very clearly cares deeply about the fate of Hendon Myre and restoring it to an inhabitable state. There's even several hints that the former aspect is just a facade. This is toned down even further in the AIO patch, where she's introduced to you when she's in progress of trying to save her friend from the effects of Metastasis.
- The Lad-ette: She's far from kind and soft-speaking, fitting as she is a brawler.
- The Leader: Of the Hendon Myre restoration group.
- Wolverine Claws: She is a Brawler.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
Albert BernsteinA human-Dark Elf hybrid and a known Duelist. His high-level education led him to became arrogant, despite this, he tried (with little success) to bring new students to his tutelage.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Is Very arrogant of his combat prowness.
- Race Lift: Was a human before the Metastasis, but post-Metastasis he has the appearance of a Dark Elf.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half-human, half-Dark Elf.
Breeze ElapseA Nen Master, and one of the Elite Agents dispatched by the Principality of Bel Myre to Aphelia Post due to the increasing tension between the Principality and the Dark Elves. Specializes in scouting.
Gale ElapseA Brawler, sister of Breeze and another Elite Agent dispatched by Bel Myre to Aphelia Post. Specializes in ambushing, she's an apprentice of Faris.
Grubeck GoblindeA goblin merchant residing in the Sewers. Born with high intelligence, so he escaped to run a business, tired of the barbaric goblin community.
- Distressed Dude: He's first introduced having to be rescued by the player in Mushroom Garden.
- Last of His Kind: The last living goblin of Gran Flores.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Left goblin society because he was ostracized for his intelligence and nonviolent behavior.
- Space Jews: His appearance (long nose, white beard, etc) bears a close resemblance to Jewish stereotypes.
SiushaThe owner of the Moonlight Tavern in the Sewers. Having escaped from the Great Blaze, she settled up after many travles. And now she likes to observe human behavior.
- The Bartender: Although she hasn't gotten much business since the Metastasis.
- Lady in Red: Wears a red, flowing dress.
- Last of His Kind: The last Elf/Fairy in Arad barring Seria.
Empress SkardiThe former Empress of the Fallen Myre Empire. Now a fugitive hiding from the De Los Empire. Considered the most charismatic political leader in all of Bel Myre's history.
- Demoted to Extra: Before the Metastasis, he was prominent in the first questlines in Lorien dungeon. Post-metastasis, he's not involved in any of the scenario questlines. In fact the dialogue he gets outside of chatting with him is in a storybook.
- Old Friend: With Aganzo.
- Bare Your Midriff: Before Cataclysm, his outfit shows the majority of his torso.
- Casanova Wannabe: While not so apparent post-Metastasis, a small bit reveals that he's something of a womanizer, voicing feelings for Seria yet attempting to smooth talk Ophelia. It's Fridge Brilliance that he's hanging around Behemoth, where the latter resides.
- Childhood Friends: With Abello, they're known each other since they were kids.
- Did Not Get the Girl: The Wingless Angel storybook is centered mostly on trying to get Seria to date him, it fails.
- Karma Houdini: Season 2 update has the questline for the Forbidden Shrine dungeon involves Kargon getting you to find flowers so he can give them to Seria, Vangelus catches you and you get into trouble. Kargon never appears nor is never mentioned again after this.
- Peek-a-Bangs: His Pre-Metastasis design.
- Pointy Ears: He is a Dark Elf.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Post-Metastasis has him wearing a fur coat with no shirt under.
Ophelia BagransThe leader of the GBL (Grand Blue Lore)
- Cult; The Grand Blue Lore is a rare fictional example of benevolent one, at least post Metastasis.
- Defector from Decadence: Before the Metastasis, she left the GBL order after the rest of its followers succumbed under Lotus's control.
- Post-Metastasis, she became their leader after saving the order from falling under Lotus.
- Girlish Pigtails: Waist length too!
IsadoraThe librarian of the Grand Blue Lore.
- Brainwashed and Crazy/ HeelFace Turn: Pre-Metastasis she was a Boss of GBL Arad Branch, serving under Lotus's interests, Post-Metastasis she is an NPC but in the Ice Wall (an area that holds memories of Pre-Metastasis Arad) an apparition of her appears as a boss.
- Hot Librarian: While she's head of the current GBL's libraries, she's very much attractive.
- The Smart Girl: Is well versed in much of Arad's history, knowing even Dark Elf Magic (which is considered rare for humans to know).
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair
VangelisThe Captain of the Grand Blue Lore's defenses.
See The Four Legendary Grand Masters.
MintaiA rabbit Shaman of the Bantus.
- Does Not Like Shoes: she's often barefoot, even in locations covered in snow.
- Eye Scream: Lost her right eye during the Metastasis.
- Butt-Monkey: Before the season 2 update, when she's assisting you in the Ice Wall dungeon chances are she'll spend most of the time being tossed around by your attacks.
- After the season 2 update, you can no longer hit her unless you're confused or using Summoner's Lasher.
- Evil Me Scares Me: She has this reaction when she encounters her pre-Metastasis self in the Nightmare.
- Friendly Fire: Amusingly, all of her powers that affect enemies also affect the Chaos' summons. This can lead to something of a hassle for Chaos players who rely largely on their Demon Soldiers and Magicians and discovers that Michelle is keeping them stunlocked because the game treats them similarly to enemies.
- HeelFace Turn: Pre-Metastasis, she was the boss of Verderia, now she's an NPC and also assists you during storyline quests.
- Leads to an "I didn't mean to harm anyone" event at the Ice Wall of Resignation Arc when she encounters her past self...
- Mind over Matter: Her power is primarily telekinesis, but she can also sense certain wavelengths and energies. In gameplay, this translates to her being able to project her power into the Nightmare without going inside, allowing her to assist you through Gimmick Levels.
- Shrinking Violet: She's quite timid and often shies out when she's uncomfortable in conversations, leaving to the player having to check up on her to see is she's okay. It's justified as she was bullied as a child and her past-self was cruel to the heart.
- Super-Deformed: How she appears when accompanying you in spirit form.
See The Four Legendary Grand Masters.
ValenaA caretaker of the Bantu tribe.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Just like the other Bantus, she does not sport any footwear.
Marlene KitzkaA member of Empyrean's Royal court and the pilot of the Magatha which transports players between Underfoot and Empyrean.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: The player character notes that the ingredients she uses are odd while watching her cook.
- Lethal Chef: Her cooking is horrible, as shown as a part of a quest where Vaughn is hungry and you're given a choice of either heating up leftovers or having Marlene cook up something: if you do the former, he complains about being fed leftovers but begrudgingly eats it and if you do the latter, he's impressed by the appearance and smell of the apple pie she baked but collapses from implied poisoning the second he tastes it. This was further parodied in an event where her horrible cooking was a magic potion ingredient with the description that nobody who's tasted her food can describe it, because "the dead tell no tales".
Sandstorm VarrachtA former member of the Kartels who occasionally aids the war effor at Ghent.
- Defector from Decadence: Formerly a leader of the Kartels, he eventually defected after falling out with the other members.
- I Was Quite a Looker: Appears much younger in the Organization Kartel dungeon, and was much more handsomer◊.
- Old Soldier: When he accompanies you (and as a summonable APC) he is still a skilled fighter.
- Vengeance Feels Empty: His response after the Bahn Hafen scenario quest where you and Varracht fight Enzo Sipo, the leader of the Kartel together. Subverted Trope. What he actually feels is that he wasn't fighting the real Enzo Sipo. You quickly discover that the real Enzo Sipo is long dead and you were fighting a cyborg replica.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: A Child Prodigy who often spends his time complaining about work.
- Motor Mouth: To the point the dialogue box will replace a portion of his speech with symbols and "blah blah blah"s.
See The Four Legendary Grand Masters.
Zeldine SchneiderThe leader of Ghent's defenses. Being one of the only military personnel left, she has appointed as the current leader of the Ghent Army.
- Bifauxnen: Her appearance can come off as androgynous due to her masculine nature.
- Tomboy: Is a military leader and several other NPCS address her with this exact term.
Imperial Princess ErjeThe Princess of Empyrean, held hostage by the Kartels until the end of the Empyrean Arc.
Beren VonnegutA former Kartel member who lost all of his comrades and defected to the Imperial Army because of that. Now he only wants to make a profit as a train repairman.
CoralA mermaid who was captured by the Kartel along with his friend Loca. After she escaped, she spends her time selling pots at the entrance of Bahn Hafen.
- The Unpronounceable: Just like her friend, she uses an easier nickname instead of her real name (that, and because it sounds cuter).
Shonan AskaThe Queen of Shonan. An expert Nen Master, she travelled outside its isolated city to find stronger opponents (including her rival Faris). She ascended to Queen of Shonan after her father's passing (although not without some resistance because of her time being away), and then she opened her isolated city to the world and created the Grand Arena Competition for her people to learn about other worlds' martial arts and combat skills.
- Ki Manipulation: She's a renowed Nen Master. A conversation with her reveals that she can feel the Nen of all the people in the kingdom.
- The Rival: To Faris.
- Walking the Earth: She left her city at a young age knowing that being inside the walls of her city would do little to nothing to improve her skills. She eventually returned to became Queen and open the city to the world.
See The Four Legendary Grand Masters.
Royal Messenger WooSiran's current apprentice and messenger.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Has feelings for Aganzo, but he already had eyes for Roxy.
- Beleaguered Assistant: Laments about having to enable Siran's apparent alcoholism.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Even if she knows she can't have a chance with Aganzo, she still tries to comfort him after Roxy's death.
The Shonan Blacksmith, after impressing Shonan Aska with a well-crafted dagger, she granted Jun the Dragon Brazier. And uses it to refine the Adventurers' weapons.
- The Blacksmith: His talent with the Dragon Brazier allows him to refine any weapon. In-game, this increases the Independent Attack of the weapon, which is a necessity for fixed-damage classes.
Brigadier General Navarre
- Adorkable: Is a general of an army and a powerful companion, but also complains about the food rations and wishes to plant flowers around the barracks to make them look less depressing.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Sodas, as he wishes to have a cold soda after all the water supplies becomes too hot, and is later seen drinking one, only to find out that it's too warm. Biyan even complains how he smells like soda.
Ria RichterMelvin's younger sister. She operates the hologram communication device between Ghent and Slaugh.
Farrel WaneA member of the Seven Shards of Empyrean and an expert on electrical engineering. His most notorious creation is the Landrunner, one of the starting skills for Gunners (and preffered by Mechanics, obviously). He came to study Anton and to find a way to drive it away from the Power Station.
- The Runaway: He left his home at the age of 15, discovering his talent for electrical engineering in the process.
Mathias NessmanA orphan whose parents were killed by Anton's rampage in the Power Station. However, they left him a lot of money to start a crane game business in Slaugh.
The Guardian of Mt. Kulun, he sent a messenger to Shonan for help after the return of the dragon Natram to Mt. Kulun, the training place for all of the Nen Masters in Suju.
An old and mysterious Nen sage residing in Kulundal. He assists the people that is fighting the threat of Natram.
Captain LutherThe captain of Saint Horn and the leader of the resistance against the De Los Empire.
- Draconic Humanoid: His only non-human traits are Pointy Ears and sporting horns.
- Pointy Ears: Has these, since he is a Dragon.
- Really 890 Years Old.
Bowmaster LudmillaThe archer member of the resistance, she's an Empyrean who stole the Saint Horn ship from her homeland.
- Eyepatch of Power: Has an eyepatch. Although we don't know how she started to use it.
- Price on Their Head: There's a 10 trillion Gold bounty for her head. As she says: "Apparently, assassinating the commander doesn't cut it."
- The Rival: Acted as one to the Female Slayer in the pre-Metastasis Storyline. And we never got to find out many details, due to the storyline not being featured in the Global revival.
Last MemetThe Time Lord who guards the Time Gate, he oversees the progress of the Creator and the Dark Knight to restore their powers and prevent a disaster from happening.
Naen SiegerA researcher from the Seven Shards of Empyrean and the apprentice of Merrill Pioneer.
- The Determinator: Volunteers to accompany the player after Woon gets put out of commission, despite never being on top of Anton before and how dangerous the place is.
- Shrinking Violet: Stutters, does not feel comfortable talking in front of an audience, and really does not like loud noises.
- Speech Impediment: Stutters a lot.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Her constant stuttering and cowardice is unfortunately the reason why her companions tend to look down on her.
- BFG: As an APC, he is a launcher.
- Bishounen: With long hair to boot.
- Younger Than He Looks: Would you believe he's actually 39?
Jakter the Eagle EyeThe Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Army in the Lawless District, the Empyrean Navy, and the Head of the Anton Takedown Operation.
- Parental Neglect: He's almost never home for his family. His wife considers him dead and Rebecca greatly misses him.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Woon's Blue.
Woon LyonirThe Colonel Woon is the aide to Jakter, and an experimented Ranger.
- Abusive Parents: Woon's father is a heavy drinker and often beats him and kicks him out of the house.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Shows up as a companion during a Scenario dungeon in Runaway West Bound before being properly introduced in Noble Sky.
- Child Soldier: When Empyrean is running low on soldiers to fight against the Kartels, they're left to sending children off to war, Woon was included along with his friends. The experience traumatized him.
- Last-Name Basis: Prefers to be referred by his last name, Lyonir.
- Missing Mom: His mother is a soldier, and never comes home, he's unsure whether she's alive or not.
- Perpetual Frowner: Is never shown smiling, as even if other NPCs are given various expressions, Woon only makes the same cold look but facing different angles. Maywin lampshades this by asking him if he ever smiles anymore.
- The Quiet One: Admits that he doesn't like socializing that much.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Jakter's Red.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: When first meeting him in Runaway West Bound, he is cold and Beren is intimidated by him. When you meet him again during the Anton quest line, he's willing to accompany you in dungeons and talks in Naen's stead when she's shying out from public speeches.
- Used to Be More Social: When he was a kid under Rebecca's family's care, he was a lot more cheerful and upbeat.
Nevillo JurgenAn Empyrean Nobleman and a member of the Joint Investigation Group, he ruled Ghent as regent during Princess Erje's kidnapping. Also, he is the father of Marianne Jurgen.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: Of a sort. He truly cares for Empyrean and was one of the few nobles who stepped up and fought the Kartels. However he is working against Princess Erje's wishes and is trying to reform Empyrean for his personal benefit.
- Les Collaborateurs: While Empyrean hasn't been truly conquered by the De Los Empire yet, Jurgen's actions have extended their power into their country.
Imperial Princess IsabellaThe Third Princess of the De Los Empire and a member of the Joint Investigation Group. She wishes to have a carefree life despite her position. She's always escorted by her bodyguard, Hound Cyrus.
- Consummate Liar: Shortly after arriving to Pandemonium, she lies to the enemy about being friends with Luke the Apostle with a straight face. She then claims that Luke's messenger, who told them that they were Luke's enemies, was simply mistaken.
- Innocently Insensitive: Because of her sheltered upbringing, she often makes insensitive remarks towards others.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Insists on running into the fray. Other characters scold her for her recklessness and ask the player to rescue or escort her, but she's actually quite capable of defending herself.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Is the princess of the De Los Empire but is a prominent character in the Zelva and Pandemonium questlines, and even accompanies the player in some scenario dungeons, and she's a Striker.
- White Sheep: Her nation is strongly implied to be power hungry and corrupt, but she herself is innocent. During the Pandemonium questline, another character requests that you deceive her because while they like her as a person, they don't like the nation she represents.
Hound CyrusPrincess Isabella's bodyguard. She was the daughter of an Imperial Officer killed by rebel forces, and in her quest for revenge, she participated in an experiment that transplanted beasts to her body. As a result of her compatibility, she survived and became the first Demon Slayer. Then, she was recruited by Vaughn, and proceeded to execute many enemies of the Empire, earning among them the nickname of the "Hound".
- Black Eyes of Crazy: Her scleras are black, although she is nowhere near evil.
- Played straight in a Mirror Arad Dungeon, Hendon Myre Streets, where she is a boss.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Wears all black, has black scleras and red eyes, is a Demon Slayer, but is Isabella's bodyguard and even accompanies you in dungeons.
- If I Wanted You Dead...: Tells the Female Slayer Player Character that she recognizes her as a fugitive of the Empire the only reason she isn't going after right now is because they have bigger problems to deal with, namely Luke.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The player is scared of her because of this.
Meryl PioneerOne of the Seven Shards of Empyrean and a member of the Adventurer's Guild.
- Grandma, What Massive Hotness You Have!: In spite of her age she's doing well, Roy even has a crush on her!
- Meaningful Name: An ardent adventurer who covers new land whenever an opportunity arrives, much like a pioneer.
Hunter VonA Pandemonium resident who is part of the Adventurer's Guild.
- Beast Man: Resembles a fox-likenote humanoid.
- Hurricane of Aphorisms: Likes to collect various phrases and sayings and ponder their meanings.
Dana DonatelThe leader of the Adventurer's Guild.
Azalea LottThe leader of the Grim Seekers.
- Cassandra Truth: She repeatedly claims that the Apostles should be allowed to live, which the other factions take offense to. Azalea knows that Hilder plans on using the deaths of the Apostles to bring about catastrophe to Arad and Empyrean, but the results of Hilder's plan and the consequences of killing the Apostles have yet to be seen.
- Dropped A Bridge On Her: Apparently murdered by some traitorous Grim Seekers while she was investigating Luke's castle after Luke's death.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Shows up in the prologue comic in a crowd of Terran citizens.
- Killed Off for Real: She gets killed during the Luke quest lines.
Roy HartwigAn Empyrean mechanic and a member of the Grim Seekers.
- Likes Older Women: Subverted, the player thought he has a crush on Dana, but it turns out it was actually Meryl, but it also turns out they're around the same age.
- Older Than He Looks: Looks like a man in his 20s but is actually in his 80s.
Eventful EricaA battle mage and a member of the Grim Seekers.
- Pointy Ears: She's a Pandemonian.
- Chekhov's Gunman: She first appears in the female mage's intro story, sending her into the world of Arad before finally appearing as full fledged NPC.
- Developers' Foresight: Kate has extended dialogue with the female mage, one including the player finally telling her their name.
CobbA runaway slave boy who was found by the adventurer after the death of Luke.
- Distressed Dude: He's kidnapped many times during the Harlem Epic Quests from different members of the Kashipa.
- Killed Off for Real: He's killed by Ricardo nearly at the end of the Harlem Epic Quests.
- The Runaway: The adventurer finds him at the last of his strength while fleeing the Kashipa soldiers, after being rescued, he decides to join your party during the Harlem dungeons.
Strawberry Nose DellaAn older woman who's not from Harlem, she knows many things about magic and recent events and she will reveal to the people...for a price.
Pumpkin BallA Pandemonium resident and merchant.
TimothyA member of the Adventurer's Guild in charge of investigating Pandemonium. Not very much is known about him.
Zealous DieuleveLeader of the Kashipa Senior Looter Unit "Gray". Oversees the "Total Eclipse" market.
- Human Sacrifice: Kills slaves and even low-ranking Kashipa members to fuel her powers.
Soul Keeper MondegreenLeader of the Kashipa Senior Combat Unit "Taboo".
- Person of Mass Destruction: Threatened to burn all of Dark City to ruin before being stopped by the adventurer.
- Playing with Fire
Demon Sworder ChermakLeader of the Kashipa Killer Unit "Flying Steak".
- Implacable Man: Relentlessly pursues the adventurer despite being seemingly defeated numerous times.
Silver Light TagorLeader of the Kashipa Junior Looter Unit "Skullbird".
- Ambition Is Evil: Seeks to overthrow Yom, though in this case, it could be considered a case of Evil vs. Evil.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita
- Third-Person Person
Trauma YomLeader of the Kashipa Top Looter Unit "Ya-Ma". Owner of the "Royal Casino".
- Casting a Shadow: In the form of a giant dog-like beast.
Heart Destroyer RicardoLeader of the Kashipa Top Combat Unit "Demon".
Seria KirminA mysterious woman who helps the player throughout her or his adventures.
- Damsel in Distress: She is first encountered crying for help when surrounded by monsters.
- The Fair Folk: She's actually one of the elves/fairies who helped maintain the Great Pentacles. Restoring the Great Pentacles made her change into human form.
- Cool Old Lady: She is always around after you complete a dungeon, available to repair your equipment.
RunaAn assistant located inside Seria's Gate, who guides the player on the current events.
GabrielA treasure hunter who can appear in place of Delilah, offering the player Rare-Unique items in addition to repairing your equipment. He can also exchange Epic Item Fragments if he appears at the end of a Hell Mode.
- Ambiguously Brown: Has darker skin than most of the human NPCs and sports dreadlocks.
IliaAn Elven Knight who is working with Annis and other Knights on the search for Carloso. She tests the Knight Player in early dungeons.
- Alternate Self: Of the Knight Player Character
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Rather cold and aloof towards strangers, as well as the Knight player character initially, but she warms up enough to be stern but caring towards her as well as Annis.
Low Ranking Knight LennyOne of Hartz's soldiers.
- Diary: One of the storybook entries is Lenny's personal journal, chronicling her times being trained as a soldier and inner thoughts of the game's events up until the time of her death.
- Fiery Red Head: Well pink, to be precise, but she's definitely a bit of a hothead.
- Killed Off for Real: In the non-Metastasis timeline, she is killed by the player while trying to shake them out of Lotus's mind control. In the Metastasis timeline, she is the one that's under mind control, and is also killed by the player.
- The Rival: Is this towards the Player.
Guide RebeccaDaughter of Jakter The Eagle Eye, and a friend of Woon Lyonir.
- Child Soldier: Was one along with Woon.
- Cool Big Sis: Towards Woon, she often stood up for him when he gets bullied and took him in to her own family to get him away from his abusive father.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father, Jakter, is almost never home. Her mother even considers him dead.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter: Jakter The Eagle Eye is a middle aged man with grey hair, Rebecca is a curvy woman and leaves her jacket open to reveal that she's only wearing a bra under it.
- Statuesque Stunner: Being an Empyrean, she is taller than an average human. Even when she was a teenager she was described to be as tall as a grown man.
Unstoppable KonA Mechanic of the Empyrean army.
- Extremity Extremist: Is known for using Gaebolg Punch and ONLY Gaebolg Punch.I only need one skill!
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red Oni to Biyan's Blue.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: His APC sprite has him wear an avatar top that's designed to make him look shirtless even!
BiyanA Ranger of the Empyrean army.
Rabble Rouser RakeA member of the Silver Spoon Circus who Varracht considers helping out at first
- Hypocrite: Calls out Laini for being The Mole amongst the Kartels in spite of betraying the Empyrean army himself.
Agent LainiAn undercover agent for the Empyrean Army who was working within the Kartels.
- Identity Amnesia: Ends up forgetting her identity after having her cover blown and being left for dead.
Left Straight Neil
- Assist Character: Male and Female Spitfire can call him in to snipe at enemies in one of their moves.
- Continuity Nod: She shows up in the Iced Wall of Resignation, trapped in a cage inside the Sky Tower again. Her dialogue that references the West Coast (renamed to Underfoot), and her confusion that you know Sharan but don't know her, both imply that she died during the Metastasis.
- Distressed Damsel: Pre-Metastasis an Epic Quest involves her being imprisoned in Dragonoid Nest and has to be rescued by the player.
- Genius Ditz: In spite of being rather airheaded, she was one of Sharan's top students.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a red ribbon in her hair.
OrcaBwanga's younger brother and the Chief of the Bantus in his absence.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Dies saving his tribe from an avalanche.
LotonThe Alchemist of Hendon Myre.
- Killed Off for Real: Implied to have died during the Metastasis.