Characters that appear in the anime and videogames of Dream Festival!.
- Character Blog: They all have an official Twitter.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience
- Five-Man Band:
- Share Phrase: Kanade's "I/We can totally do it!" serves as one of the pep phrases of the group, and it's also used a lot in their concerts by their fans.
- Three Plus Two: Junya, Shin, and Kanade have a lot of screentime and form the subunit Traffic Signal in the anime, while Itsuki and Chizuru are their own little pair forming the unit WMaskat and are more close with each other.
- True Companions: They eventually come together and look out for each other as a close-knit unit of friends as well as idols. It has its own sets of problems though; by R, they've arguably gotten too friendly with each other, and need to learn how have each other's backs while still being able to stand on their own as idols.
Voiced by: Souma Ishihara
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: He has a tendency to help out wherever he can, whenever he can with little regard to how much time he's spent doing it. In the absence of having any true flirting game, this trait is what helps sell him to his female audience.
- The Determinator: Part of the reason he even ended up auditioning in the first place. He was so determined to prove Junya wrong that he ended up training despite initially wanting to leave the agency in the first place.
- Red Is Heroic
- Rookie Red Ranger: Unlike everyone else in D4 Productions, Kanade had no formal training as a singer nor as an idol since he was literally pulled off the street to even be there. Eventually, through hard work and determination, he becomes the DearDream's center both on and off stage.
- Second Year Protagonist
- When He Smiles: Initially, he was scouted because his smile as he was working was very attractive.
Voiced by: Takuya Mizoguchi
- The Comically Serious: Most of his comedic moments are delivered this way.
- Childhood Friends: With one of their rivals, Keigo Kazama.
- Face Your Fears: Had to skydive on their group's program "Onward! Backstage". He was utterly terrified but managed to gather the courage to do it thanks to Kanade and Junya's support.Shin: I will become a bird... Just like a penguin!Junya: Penguins can't fly!
- Former Child Star: Used to be a child actor but decided to become an idol instead.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Matches his image color and shows his cool and mature personality.
- Strong Family Resemblance: From the glimpse we get of Shin's mother in R, she looks like a feminine version of her son with a bob cut.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Has an interesting fixation on halibut. He even uses it as an aide when he has to make up a romantic confession on a variety show in the anime.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Often the calmest of the group. He learned to control his emotions from his time as a child actor.
Voiced by: Kentaro Tomita
- Ascended Fanboy: of Mikami. His group is the reason Junya was inspired to take up idol work, and he gets very, very excited whenever he gets the chance to work with him.
- Mr. Fanservice: If anyone's going to be shown in an attractive pose, it's going to be Junya. The anime gave him two shower scenes with the camera lingering on his upper body, and one scene on his segment on a girl's confession show lingers on his lips.
- Only Sane Man: Is often the only one who manages to stay on track instead of getting involved with the others' distractions and antics during group interactions.
- Real Men Wear Pink: His hobbies include cooking and sewing.
- Team Dad: Chizuru calls him this in one of Junya's side stories in the mobile app.
Voiced by: Masaki Ota
- Catchphrase: the only character to have one. The call is "Kono ki nan no ki?"English Everone else will respond with "Katagiri Itsuki!"
- Childhood Friends: With Chizuru Sawamura.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Is often the one to clarify Chizuru's odd speech and statements. However, he's often Not So Above It All.
- Friend to All Children: Is often shown to be happily interacting with children during montages in the anime and his younger sister idolizes him.
- Gentle Giant: Is both the tallest and the youngest of the main cast. He is often shown to be thinking about the other members' wellbeing and enjoys bringing sweets he baked for the other members to eat.
- Kind Hearted Cat Lover: Owns a cat named Maron.
- Minor Living Alone: Lives at an apartment close the agency so that he doesn't have to commute from his parents' house to school and then to the agency.
- Tareme Eyes: The most notable out of the entire cast, fitting in that he is the most accommodating and caring of them all.
Voiced by: Kaoru Masaki
- Anime Hair
- Big Eater: Is shown to be this a few times in the anime, most notably with sweets in the season one opening.
- Childhood Friends: With Itsuki.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Speaks in an eccentric way and has interesting ideas that don't make sense until he explains them, which he won't do unless prompted.
- Cool Hat: Wears a stetson in the "DREAM GREETING!" PV.
- Keet: The most energetic of the main cast.
- Strange-Syntax Speaker: Speaks in Japanese onomatopoeia instead of the actual words (ie. waku waku instead of exciting). In the mobile app, there are often music notes and stars added into his written lines of dialogue.
- The Nicknamer: Kanade = "Kana-chan", Shin = "Shi-kun", Junya = "Jun-kun", Itsuki = "Icchan".
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With his twin brother Yuzuru. Where Chizuru is genuinely excitable, friendly, and has a Sweet Tooth, Yuzuru is more manipulative, can feign his brother's behavior, and enjoys spicy foods.
- Twin Switch: According to the anime, he and Yuzuru did this when Chizuru's audition came to join D-Four Productions. Chizuru knew how much Yuzuru wanted to become an Idol and offered him to go in his stead. However, this also caused Yuzuru to shun his twin and put space between them.
- Character Blog: They both have an official Twitter.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience
- Hair-Contrast Duo: Kuroishi is more tempremental and violent, while Keigo is calmer and nicer by comparison.
- The Rival: Serve as this to DearDream, despite being only a two man unit.
Voiced by: Hideaki Kabumoto
- Japanese Delinquents: Before teaming up with Keigo, he got into a lot of fights and didn't care much about school.
Voiced by: Kimito Totani
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Might have become one after years of resentment. He appears very polite, formal, and charming on stage, but when Shin tries to talk to him and genuinely wants to make up with him, Keigo is very cold and ignorant of him, brushing him off and pretending he isn't even there.
- Princely Young Man: His stage personality.
- Significant Birth Date: His birthday is on White Day, when boys give chocolates to girls in return for Valentine's Day.
- We Used to Be Friends: He and Shin were Childhood Friends and in the same acting troupe as child actors, up until the incident where Shin got Keigo's most desired role.
Anime Only Units
- Cool Old Guy: All of them are nearing or already in middle age, but they still know how to capture an audience and they're very understanding upperclassmen.
- The Friends Who Never Hang: Unlike DearDream and KUROFUNE, who have made tight bonds with each other, Sankishi by comparison seems distant but friendly. Their professional experience makes it so that they're used to being without each other for solo jobs, so they're close enough to work together but not enough for their presence or lack hereof to affect their performances.
Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa
- The Ace: He and his group, Sankishi, were the most powerful and talented of their generation, performing to the point where they earned one million Dorica in the "Night of a Million Cheers".
- Catchphrase: "Go beyond the ultimate".
- Magnificent Bastard: He didn't really lose his phone; he actually slipped it into Kanade's pocket, and let him return the object to him so he can come to D4 of his own free will. It worked, needless to say.
- The Mentor: Works as this for the D4 idols, but mostly Junya and Kanade.
Voiced by: Fumihiko Tachiki
Member of Sankishi.
Voiced by: Hikaru Midorikawa
Member of Sankishi.
As a group
- Freudian Trio: Asuma is the temperamental and excitable one, Saotome is the collected one, and Eiji is somewhere in between.
- Metallic Motifs: They have a Gold-Silver-Bronze color distribution for Asuma, Saotome, and Eiji respectively.
- Sempai Kouhai: They serve as the older mentor group to the D Four idols in R, particularly to DearDream. They're about four years strong by the time the second season happens.
Voiced by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki
- No Sense of Personal Space: He loves to touch and rumble with Junya, much to the latter boy's displeasure.
Voiced by: Atsushi Abe
Voiced by: Junji Majima
Game Only Units
- Voiced by: Yuya Hozumi
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: His very feminine face and haircut doesn't help matters.
- Curtains Match the Window: Pale blue eyes and hair.
- Alliterative Name: Shizuka Shiratori.
- Curtains Match the Window: Brown hair and eyes.
- Beauty Mark: Has one below his mouth.
- Cool Scarf: Matches his hair, even.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Mr. Fanservice: His default outfit shows off a lot more skin than the other boys' do, exposing his stomach and chest.
- Always Identical Twins: He and Chizuru looks almost exactly alike, save for Yuzuru's black hair. Even then the difference is slight, because his hair is dyed.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: The incident that put a rift between him and Chizuru was essentially just Chizuru offering to switch places with his brother so Yuzuru can join D Four like he's always wanted to do.
- Pet the Dog: The one time he gives Chizuru a sweet pudding instead of Yuzuru's favorite spicy one was the night before DearDream's performance at the Dream Festival, as a sort of "break a leg" gesture.
- Red Oni: the Blue Oni to Chizuru's energetic Red Oni.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He sure does love to eat spicy pudding.
- Tsurime Eyes: In contrast to his brother's round, childlike eyes, Yuzuru's eyes are somewhat more pointed.