This is a partial character sheet for Dreadnought Despair. Visit here for the main character index.
open/close all folders
- Adorkable: Very clearly a dork, due to his talent and his overall demeanor, but Tim is also shown to be friendly and good-natured in canon.
- Tim: S-sorry! Im just Im in a library and Im reverting to, um, help desk mode, aha.
- Bilingual Bonus: Speaks English and Japanese.
- Bi the Way: Tim gets flustered around everyone, regardless of their gender. Supported by the Ship Tease between him and Nikola, as well as the fact that Word of God has confirmed him to be a biromantic demisexual with a preference for guys.
- There's also a joke going around on the blog about Tim having a crush on the entire cast, save for Ishi.
- Bookworm: Obviously.
- Brains and Brawn: The brains to Ishi's brawn.
- Childhood Friend: Is this to Ishi.
- The Confidant: Due to his kind nature (not to mention his role as protagonist), Tim tends to learn details about the characters as he talks to them in turn.
- Although sometimes averted when characters refuse to tell him things about themselves initially, such as Riko.
- Crush Blush: Sometimes does this around Nikola.
- This also happens when Ishi talks about their potential as a couple.
- Cute Bookworm: Seeing as how he's both Adorkable and a Bookworm, he's definitely one of these.
- Everyone Can See It: Pretty much the whole cast knows about the feelings Tim and Nikola have for each other... except Tim.
- Foil: To Ishi. Tim is a very passive person, preferring to act with words rather than actions. He's very polite, quiet, easily flustered, and, all in all, very Adorkable. Ishi, on the other hand, is very loud, boisterous, impulsive, and thinks that actions speak louder than words. She often gets herself into trouble because of this, and Tim is always there to either get her out of it or help cheer her up afterwards.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: In contrast to Ishi, Tim is more polite with his language.
- Tim (to MONO-9000's morning announcement): Yeah, frick you too.
- Idiot Hair: In true Danganronpa protagonist fashion, Tim has two ahoges.
- In-Series Nickname: Known as "Tim" by most of the cast.
- Nice Guy: Definitely one of the nicer characters.
- Noodle People: He describes himself as "a 6'4" stick person" at one point.
- Oblivious to Love: Is this to Nikola when Siegfried mentions that Nikola wants him to stay and talk in the cafeteria after Siegfried and Salvatore leave.
- Odd Friendship: It's hard to imagine him and Ishi being any more different, but they're the closest friends in the group.
- The Protagonist: Literally.
- Pinball Protagonist: Although we do see the story through the eyes of Tim as he is the main character, he isn't the driving force behind any of the action, and exists usually to react to situations as they come rather than cause them.
- Precision F-Strike: While Tim is normally very polite with his speech, this goes out the window just after the first execution. After he realizes that MONO-9000 intentionally slashed Ishi's fingers and sent her tumbling into the execution chamber with Honoka because he wanted to get rid of her, Tim is not happy, and ends up dropping two f-bombs, as well as some other words he definitely wouldn't normally say.
- Tim: She was just trying to not fucking die, asshole!
- Rapunzel Hair: A male example, Tim has hair that reaches his mid-thighs.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The quiet, dorky blue to Ishi's Hot-Blooded and sporty red.
- He's also the easily embarrassed and and shy blue to Nikola's outgoing and energetic red.
- Ship Tease: With quite a few characters, especially Nikola.
- Some Call Me "Tim": Quite literally.
- Your Door Was Open: When Tim wakes up to find Ishi sleeping on top of him,◊ he immediately asks how she got into his room. Ishi then explains that Tim forgot to close his door before going to bed.
SHSL TV Pitchman
- Blush Sticker: Has these in many of his sprites.
- Child Prodigy: Played with. It's revealed during an interaction between himself, Timaeus and Tiffani that he's been doing commercials ever since he was a kid.
- Tiffani, after recognizing young Nikola in a commercial: HOLY SHIT THATS YOU! YOURE THE POP-EM KNOCK-EM ROBOTS KID!
- Crush Blush: Sometimes does this around Tim.
- Dub Name Change: Parodied in a way. During his American commercials, he's known as "Nick Raver", because, according to him, the network thought it would be too hard for Americans to "identify with his real name".
- Nikola: Is Ragnvaldsson really that hard to say?
- Foil: To Tiffani. Nikola is very cheerful, kind, and optimistic. He shows a wide range of emotion throughout the story, from happiness to fear, but is generally a pleasant person to be around. Tiffani is pessimistic, rude, and always complaining. She shows almost no emotion aside from annoyance and anger, and refuses to help anyone when she doesn't have to, and she's not a very fun person to be around.
- Fun Personified: Definitely the most cheerful of the cast.
- Idiot Hair: Nikola has three ahoges, and he's not even the protagonist!
- In-Series Nickname: Known as "Nik" by the cast.
- Love Interest: Plays this role to protagonist Timaeus.
- Mistaken for Gay: Inverted. Word of God has confirmed that he is, in fact, gay, but he accidentally gets mistaken for straight by Riko in Chapter 2.
- Riko: You just want to see me in a swimsuit.Jurou: GWAH! I didnt even think about that, I swear!!Nikola: Oh nonono! I assure you checking out girls is the furthest thing from our minds
- Motor Mouth: Due to his talent as a TV Pitchman, Nikola naturally speaks very fast, and Timaeus lampshades this throughout the story.
- Timaeus: H-hi I was just, um, looking around for someone to talk toNikola: Oh Id LOVE to Im just now making some tea would you like some just go grab a table and Ill be right there!!Timaeus: Ahaha, um, alright!Timaeus (internally): ...Was that all one sentence?
- Nervous Wreck: Nikola has anxiety, and being stuck in a murder game on a space station by a murderous floating orb isn't exactly helping him. During the investigation and after the execution in Chapter 1 (as well as a few other times in the story), Nikola goes from a cheery, upbeat guy to a (to quote Timaeus) "shuddering mess of anxiety." As if that wasn't bad enough, he is somehow able to flip between these states at will, which Timaeus compares to flipping a switch.
- Noodle Incident: The creator has said that Nikola doesn't like to talk about anything family related. The reason for this, however, has not been stated.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The optimistic and energetic red to Tiffani's pessimistic and unpleasant blue.
- Also the outgoing and energetic red to Tim's easily embarrassed and shy blue.
- Ship Tease: With Tim.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: His is purple. Strangely enough, it might actually be natural.
SHSL Paparazzi/SHSL Investigative Journalist
- Amateur Sleuth: Tim mentions that Salvatore is the closest thing that the gang has to a detective.
- Becoming the Mask: Whenever Sal is more serious and composed than he normally is, Timaeus mentions that he "must be talking to Janus".
- Camera Fiend: As the SHSL Paparazzi, he is one of these.
- Color Motif: Yellow and black/grey.
- In-Series Nickname: Sometimes called "Sal".
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Very effeminate compared to the other guys.
- Large Ham: Oh yes.
- Only One Name: Salvatore's name is fake. Although his real name is unknown, he simply goes by his pen name, Janus (although he still allows the others to call him Sal anyway).
- Paparazzi: Literally his job.
- Precision F-Strike: Drops one of these during MONO-9000's introductions after the robot makes a joke about his talent.
- MONO-9000: Now who sleeps in whose dorm, well thats none of my business, kekekek! But if anyone wants to fill me in on the gossip hey we got a paparazzi right here dont we? Thats like your job right?!Salvatore: You're not fucking funny.
- Drops another after Honoka's execution after everyone realizes that MONO-9000 broke his own rules.
- Pretty Boy
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Sal is the flamboyant and sassy red to Siegfried's abrasive and snooty blue.
- Interestingly enough, he also plays this trope to himself. While Salvatore is very talkative, outgoing and effeminate, he's actually an investigative journalist under the pen name Janus. Janus is very serious, observant, and aloof, which means that he's his own red and blue.
- Scary Teeth: He's got a sharp grin, literally.
- Shipper on Deck: Is implied to be this for Tim and Nikola.
- Ship Tease: A minor one between him and Siegfried.
SHSL Opera Tenor
- Bilingual Bonus: Speaks both Japanese and German.
- Costume Evolution: Changes from an Edwardian era suit to a casual sweater and jeans during Chapter 1.
- Deadpan Snarker: Can be this sometimes.
- Siegfried: I am sorry for not feeling particularly comfortable talking to strangers when I have just been abducted!
- Even the Guys Want Him: Due to his part time modelling career, his canonical massive Instagram following, as well as his good looks in general, Siegfried attracts fans of all kinds.
- Gratuitous German: His Japanese isn't the greatest, and his sentences are often peppered with a few German words.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Fitting his color-scheme.
- In-Series Nickname: He's called "Sieg" from time to time.
- Love Interest: Is this to Salvatore.
- Meaningful Name: Tim mentions this during Siegfried's introduction.
- Tim: Siegfried? Like, the ancient German folk hero? Youre practically fated to do opera with a name like that.
- Opera Gloves: Naturally, he wears these.
- Pretty Boy: He even models part-time.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Sieg is the abrasive and snooty blue to Salvatore's flamboyant and sassy red.
- Sharp-Dressed Man
- Ship Tease: A minor one between him and Salvatore.
SHSL Chainsaw Artist
- Badass Adorable: One of the cast's cuter characters, and he regularly uses a chainsaw.
- The Gadfly: He's a bit of a mischief-maker, and he seems to enjoy riling others up a bit.
- Older Than They Look: Despite his childlike appearance, he's actually 19 according to his Electro ID.
- Omniglot: Played with. He knows how to say "hello", "how are you", and "Where's the money?" in 12 different languages.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Wears a tutu and fairy wings as part of his outfit.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has bright blue hair.
- Berserk Button: He really hates being interrupted or ignored.
- Bilingual Bonus: Shown to be able to speak Hawaiian and Japanese, and can presumably speak English as well.
- Color Motif: Tan.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Stated by the creator that he hates wearing shoes, and only wears flip flops because the floor of the dreadnought is so cold.
- Earthy Barefoot Character: Kapono is a palaeontologist who studies prehistoric plants, and while he wears flip flops because the floors of the dreadnought are so cold, he usually doesn't wear shoes anywhere else.
- Improbable Hairstyle: Tim lampshades this.
- Tim: I quietly approached the short, chubby boy with his hair in round pigtails? Buns? I couldnt tell what exactly they were from here, but they looked for all the world like pompoms glued to his head.
- The Quiet One: He doesn't like to say a lot. It's later revealed that he has aphasia.
- Speech Impediment: Kapono has speech aphasia.
- Youthful Freckles: Has these.
SHSL Ikebana Artist
- Amazon Chaser: He's got a thing for Ishi.
- Berserk Button: Jurou doesn't take too kindly to those who judge.
- Color Motif: Black and green.
- Farm Boy: Jurou was raised by a rather large farm family.
- Freaky Fashion, Mild Mind: His whole look screams "hardcore punk", but he's a pretty nice guy.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: It's revealed in this picture drawn by the creator◊ that Jurou has glasses. He doesn't wear them though because he doesn't like them.
- Guyliner: Wears this as part of his punk style of clothing.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: He has nine brothers and one sister, according to him.
- Rapunzel Hair: Just barely shorter than Tim's. Unlike Tim, Jurou keeps his tied back.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: His is green, though it's likely dyed to fit in with his punk image.
- Blunt "Yes": Deliver's a blunt "Nope." as their objection during the first trial.
- The Caretaker: Looks after Ishi in Chapter 1 after she gets injured by MONO-9000.
- Color Motif: Red.
- Cool Shades: They wear a visor to protect their sensitive eyes.
- Disappointed in You: When they find out that Ishi snuck out of her room behind their back, they get very frustrated with Ishi.
- The Medic: Although their talent mainly consists of lab work, they're the closest the gang has to one.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Their hair is red, though it is dyed.