A list of characters that appear in Dragon Rage.
A fierce and proud dragon that could never be tamed. He was condemned to Desmurian Ty until he got out and completely destroyed it. Now he fights the Orc bureaucracy to save his race. He is the hero of the game.
- Anti-Hero: Type III or IV depending on your point of view.
- Bad Vibrations: See Elemental Powers Earth below.
- Breath Weapon: He's a dragon, it comes with the territory.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Cael more or less took out the entire Orc Army and then some by himself.
- Elemental Armor: See Elemental Powers below.
- * Elemental Powers: Referred to as Elemental Enchantments in the game. There are 4 and they are introduced in order as Fire, Water, Air and Earth. Each Elemental Enchantment comes with it's own unique Breath Weapon, Dragon Power and Fury Attack. These can be temporarily upgraded or changed by flying into the corresponding gem. Below is a description of each Breath Weapon, Dragon Power and Fury Attack for it's corresponding element.
- Breath Weapon: Large shards of ice are fired from the mouth in a Spread Shot enabling you to hit multiple targets at once, it's not real accurate though.
- Dragon Power: Enemy attacks are sent back to them, though you still take some damage. When in use Cael turns mostly blue.
- Fury Attack: Hostile Weather with giant chunks of hail.
- Breath Weapon: A ball of electricity that becomes Chain Lightning after it hits a target.
- Dragon Power: Super Speed, that's right you become The Flash! When in use Cael turns yellow. Probably meant to be interpreted as a form of Ride the Lightning.
- Fury Attack: Hostile Weather in the form of a massive if not brief thunderstorm.
- Breath Weapon: You appear to breath out a large green ball of energy that acts much like a rolling boulder of doom.
- Dragon Power: A form of Elemental Armor that makes you nigh-invulnerable. When in use Cael turns green. Clearly this power is meant to invoke being Made of Iron.
- Fury Attack: Earthquake.
- Flight: He never touches the ground in this game.
- Homing Boulders: Most Breath Weapons in the game are like this.
- Hostile Weather: See Elemental Powers above.
- Limit Break: See Elemental Powers above.
- Mana Meter: Part of the Dragon Status Gem with your Mana being represented by the particles swirling around it.
- Monsters That Eat Other Monsters: Eats orcs.
- Regenerating Mana: Still easier to just eat some Orcs though.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: Has green eyes and is a Fiery Red Head in the sense he's a red/orange dragon(see Magic Plastic Surgery above).
- Unobtainium: Cael like all dragons generates a magical element called zeenium.
- Unreliable Illustrator: An interesting example of this trope since Cael looks distinctly different in the games box art, game play and cutscenes.
- Video-Game Lives
Adara The Sprite
Actor(s): Kath Soucie
A sultry little Sprite that helps Cael in his quest to defeat the Orc bureaucracy.
- Absolute Cleavage: Her leotard is pretty low-cut.
- Damsel in Distress: She has needed to be saved several times in the game.
- Fairy Companion: She's more or less this to Cael.
- Fairy Sexy: Combined with her Absolute Cleavage and Leotard of Power this was kind of bound to happen.
- Leotard of Power: Wears a blue and green one along with evening gloves and stockings/boots of the same material.
- Most Common Super Power: Look at them, they're almost the size of her head!
- Mystical White Hair: Has white hair and is a Sprite.
- Pretend Prejudice: Her prejudice seems to have less to do with orcs in general and more to do with the Orc bureaucracy due to how eager she was to make Galthran an ally.
- Unobtainium: Apparently has a supply or source of zeenium which she used on Cael enabling him to escape from Desmurian Ty.
General Mandek Of The Orc Army
The leader of the Orc Army. He is overconfident and a pig.
- Elemental Powers: They appear in much the same way as Cael's Breath Weapon but rapidly fires them.
- Gluttonous Pig: He'll eat anything even his own fallen comrades.
- Monstrous Cannibalism: See Gluttonous Pig above.
- Monsters That Eat Other Monsters: Has eaten dragon eggs and has threatened to eat Cael as well.
- Pig Man: All of the Orcs are this but compared to the others he's a 11 out of 10.
- The Pig-Pen: Other Orcs are clean by comparison.
- Adara even calls him this.
A powerful Orc Monk who has been trapped in a dark keep for decades, this makes his magic useless until you enter his domain. He is loyal to only himself.
- Religion Is Magic: Possibly since he has magic and he's referred to as a Monk.
- Token Heroic Orc: Subverted.
- You Are a Credit to Your Race: Subverted almost immediately.
Magical creatures enslaved by the Orcs to preform tasks form them. Various unnamed Sprites help you in the game most, however, need to be freed first.
A entire race of being hell bent on taking control of everything.
- Orc Armies Are Evil: Their description above should be a dead give away.
- Elemental Powers: Some have it.
- Magic Carpet: A few are seen riding some.
- Interestingly the entire unite is colored pink.
- Monsters That Eat Other Monsters: Several bad ending involve the orcs eating Cael.
- Mooks: And they know it judging by how quick they are to run away from Cael.