Our main heroine. Her main goal is to become a legendary dragonslayer.
- Always Someone Better: Mango wins a major tournament and is proclaimed greatest warrior in the land. But it turns out, this only applies to her native kingdom of Fafnir and even that barely. Upon leaving, she is repeatedly Curb Stomped by multiple parties, with the prospective Lolita Knights doing so the most. Mango admits that she has a long way to go before she is truly worthy of her title.
- Amazonian Beauty: She is fairly attractive and very buff, not to mention the fact that Amazon is implied to be her Character Class.
- Asleep for Days: It takes a while for Mango to recover from some severe burns she got manipulating more fire than she could handle.
- Back from the Dead: She gets killed by Lecithin, but is soon after revived by Cherry.
- Bodyguarding a Badass: Cherry is the daughter of the legendary King Citrus, and very possibly the strongest dragonslayer in the world. The King's advisor calls the very idea that she would even need a bodyguard laughable. Mango is assigned to be Cherry's bodyguard more to protect everyone else from Cherry than Cherry herself, since even after Cherry makes an effort to behave herself, she remains a Person of Mass Destruction. Mango consistently fails to keep the princess in line and gets in deep trouble for all the damage she causes.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Do you know how many monsters attacked the farm? (A rare heroic variant) A gang of monsters attempt to attack Mango in revenge and expect her to recognize them, but she doesn't, having defended the farm against so many of them.
- Celebrity Is Overrated: At first, Mango is enthusiastic to leave the farm and become a real dragon slayer. But then she realizes that defending the farm against genuine monsters for minimum wage and a friendly thank you is far more fulfilling than all the glory received from the Engineered Heroics of dragon slaying.
- Cleavage Window: Mango's fashion armor features this, which she Lampshades as impractical while chastising Bleu for also having one.
- Dark Skinned Red Head: Her coloring. At one point, the trainee Lolita Knight party assumes that since the nearby dragonslayer party is rumored to include one, she must be nearby, since it makes no biological sense and is surely rare.
- Partial Transformation: She starts learning how to fuse with her dragon orb without transforming, allowing her to use the power of her dragon form while remaining at human size.
- Playing with Fire: She isn't a mage, but as a fire dragonslayer, Mango has natural fire magic. It becomes even stronger if the environment itself is already on fire.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Her father is a human and her mother is a dragonslayer. She is in fact the very first human/dragonslayer hybrid, something that wasn't previously known to even be possible.
- Heroic Bastard: She is widely seen as one, and the dragonslayers have often looked down on her and her mother over it.
- Required Secondary Powers: Can control fire, but is not completely immune to it like a pure blooded fire dragonslayer would be.
- The Scapegoat: Implied to be the real reason she was assigned to be Cherry's bodyguard. Bleu says that it's weird that they assigned an incompetent idiot like Mango to be Cherry's bodyguard in the first place, let alone failed to inform her of Cherry's importance to the Sealed Evil in a Can. King Citrus's advisor, The Claw, outright says that Mango will not only be held responsible for what damage Cherry causes, but for everything that goes wrong in Fafnir. Mango is nowhere near powerful enough to keep Cherry in line, and every time Cherry damages something for fun, Mango gets ordered to pay for it. And when said Sealed Evil in a Can is partially released, The Claw is quick to assign all the blame to her, and she only very narrowly avoids getting sentenced to death.
- Statuesque Stunner: This comic implies that Mango is at least 6 feet tall.
- Super Strength: Thanks to Mango's training, she is very strong and states that she has 18 Strength.
- Winged Humanoid: She has a pair of reptilian wings on her back. They don't allow her to fly by themselves, but she can use them for this purpose when she channels fire magic through them.
- World's Strongest Man: After winning a tournament, Mango is given the title of strongest warrior in the land. Though in actuality, even in Fafnir that is barely true, and the outside world has plenty of warriors that are far stronger than she is.
Mango's rival and Vitriolic Best Bud.
- An Ice Person: In addition to her natural magical abilities as an ice dragonslayer, Bleu is also a spellcaster with great skill in ice spells.
- Back from the Dead: She gets killed by Lecithin, but is soon after revived by Cherry.
- Blue Blood: Bleu is quite proud to mention that she is of noble blood from both the dragonslayer and human races, her father being a member of the dragonslayer council and her mother being a duchess in the human government.
- Cleavage Window: Her fashion armor features one. Mango accuses her of dressing harlotty to impress boys.
- Gender-Blender Name: Bleu's name is considered a masculine one, and was presumably chosen because her father had really hoped his second wife's first born would be male. It has been stated to be a Berserk Button for her, and unless you are really close friends with her, it's safer to just call her Berry.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Her father is a dragonslayer and her mother is human.
- Healing Hands: As a red mage, Bleu can use white magic for healing.
- Matter of Life and Death: Bleu asserts that this is the reason she must give a presentation to the class, teaching them how to wound dragons just in case her father was serious about his threats to eat her classmates.
- Multicolored Hair: Bleu's hair is dark blue at the roots, shifting to aqua and then white as it grows out. This is presumably due to her being an ice dragonslayer with Elemental Hair.
- Playing with Fire: She can use fire magic.
- The Red Mage: Her Character Class is Red Wizard, having access to white and black magic and even being dressed similarly to the Trope Namer.
- Shock and Awe: She can use lightning spells.
- Squishy Wizard: Others have described her as a backrow magic user, much to her frustration. She isn't horrible at melee, but she is punier than Mango and mostly relies on her skill in magic.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Bleu Berry and her father Goz (a dragon) get into a heated row. When she counters his threat to tear her to little pieces and feast upon her entrails by pointing out that if he does, he might never have an heir, he threatens to eat one of her friends instead. In response, she makes a presentation to her class on how to defend against dragon attacks entitled, "Discussion Intended to Educate Defence Against Dragons" (DIEDAD), which includes a diagram of an "entirely hypothetical dragon" labelled, "Generic Dragon - Not Particularly Based on Anyone's Dad".
- The Un-Favourite: She is on poor terms with her father, who had hoped she would be a son, looks down on her efforts, and has expressed the belief that she has proven worthless in anything except the possibility of making grandchildren.
- Weak, but Skilled: Her physical strength is no different from a normal human's, but she still manages to Curb Stomp Mango in physical combat with superior skill.
The daughter of King Citrus and princess of the Fafnir Dragonslayer government. Mango was assigned to become her bodyguard.
- Back from the Dead: One of her abilities. Not only can she revive the recently deceased, but she can even resurrect a dragonslayer that died some time ago via their dragon orb.
- Cheerful Child: Cherry is almost perpetually happy.
- Extreme Omnivore:
- She eats meat she found on the floor. The meat was poisoned as part of a plot to assassinate her, making her ill, but she vomits it almost immediately and is good as new.
- When she accidentally makes a mess in a factory, she tries to clean the boulders up by eating them.
- She downs an ale called Dragon's Breath, of which even one knocked out the strongest warriors Fafnir ever produced and left them ill for days. Cherry drinks 3 before passing out. She then immediately returns to consciousness with a big burp.
- Insistent Terminology: Cherry insists that she can "pfffft", and not teleport.
- Multicolored Hair: Her hair is literally rainbow-colored.
- Not Me This Time: Cherry's reaction when Lecithin destroys the tavern they were sitting in.
- Now or Never Kiss: When Cherry runs out of actual stories about their adventures to entertain an audience with, she starts making them up. One of them features Mango and her friends fighting an unstoppable dragon. Just before the comic cuts away, it heavily implies that her story has Mango and Agent Vinegar do this.
- Obliviously Evil: Cherry doesn't mean to cause trouble, but she is overwhelmingly powerful and oblivious to how much disaster and pain her fun causes. Since Mango is supposed to be her bodyguard, Mango gets to burden all of the blame.
- Pillar of Light: After seeing Mango's dead body, she releases a massive beam of light before banishing her killer.
- Reality Warper: Her full power can rewrite reality itself, allowing her to bring people Back from the Dead and messing up any time travelers opening portals nearby.
- Really Royalty Reveal: She gets introduced as an orphan dragonslayer that was raised by an adoptive centaur mother and is later revealed to actually be the princess of Fafnir.
- Unbroken Vigil: Mango decides to believe that this was what caused Cherry to fall asleep on her bed as opposed to prodding her injuries or poking her in the eye.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Her full power is overwhelming, but she doesn't really have a good grasp of how to use it. This often results in her breaking things when she applies too much or not hurting the enemy as much as she could when she applies too little.
- World's Strongest Man: Princess Cherry is only a child, yet enormously powerful, able to cause massive disasters on a whim. King Citrus's advisor says that given her parentage, were her powers to be properly developed, she would easily be the strongest dragonslayer in the world. Sure enough, when enraged enough, she manages to Curb Stomp an ancient dragon that previously curb stomped all her friends.
Mango's best friend and the heir to a major line of shops.
- Back from the Dead: She gets killed by Lecithin, but is soon after revived by Cherry.
- The Beast Master: She ends up adopting a monster as a pet and names it Seed. While she has no desire for it to participate in battles, Lemon and Lime beg her to let them use it in a Pockfighting challenge against Steve. Thanks to Lemon and Lime's cheating, Pumpkin ends up as the new East Fafnir Pockfighting champion. Seed also imitates Pumpkin's fighting style, allowing it to become legitimately strong.
- BFS: Mango Lampshades the fact that Pumpkin carries a sword bigger than herself.
- Dishing Out Dirt: As an earth dragonslayer, she can levitate rocks.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Her father is a human, while her mother is a dragonslayer.
- No-Sell: As an earth dragonslayer, she is highly resistant to lightning based attacks.
- Running Gag: Pumpkin's inability to use a sword properly. She repeatedly uses hers as a bat, swinging people away from her instead of using the sharp edge to cut.
- Unskilled, but Strong: She uses a completely wrong fighting style for her sword and refuses to do otherwise, but more than makes up for it with sheer strength.
- Super Strength: She can smash enemies away and has even created tremors in the ground with her sword.
- Twin Threesome Fantasy: When Steve attempts to use the Baloney Stone to lie to the dragonslayers that he has an Evil Twin who is the one who has been conning people, Pumpkin's reaction is "Oh, how exotic!"
- Ungrateful Bastard: Steve's mom defeats a wolf with a pan taken from her shop. Pumpkin's first reaction is outrage that she dented it, insisting she pay for it. Agent Vinegar has to remind her that she just saved her life, resulting in her offering a discount.
Lemon and Lime
- Back from the Dead: Lime gets killed by Lecithin, but is soon after revived by Cherry.
- Blue Blood: They are the daughters of Dragonslayer Council member Pear.
- Charm Person: Lime steals the Baloney Stone, which allows Lemon to tell magic lies almost everyone will believe.
- Conjoined Twins: While they have two separate human forms, their default dragon form is basically the two of them sharing one body with two heads. Nevertheless, it is possible for only one of them to enter their special form while leaving the other one human.
- Extra Eyes: Lemon has an extra pair of eyes. She usually leaves them shut, giving the impression they are eyebrows.
- Mind over Matter: Lemon can use telekinesis, and often uses it with their dragon orb to spy on people.
- Ninja: Their Character Class, with Lemon focusing on trickery and Lime focusing on physical combat.
- Ninja Log: In one of the bonus comics, Lime vanishes with this method.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: When Steve accuses her of using the Baloney Stone, Lemon doesn't hesitate to flung off all her clothes in front of a crowd to prove she doesn't have it in her person and to get him to faint from the sight.
- Twin Telepathy: Lemon and Lime are a dragon with two heads in dragon form, but have two separate human bodies and are mentally linked. Lime speaks all the time, but only ever through Lemon's mouth, leaving the impression she's a mute.
High Priestess Raisin
A former advisor to King Citrus and a priestess of Sharkey, God of Cheating. She has the power to predict the future.
- He's Back: Initially she looks like a confused seer and Harmless Villain, but as soon as she learns the one bit of information she lacked, she figures everything out instantly, gets her Vision back in full force, and promptly orchestrates a Thanatos Gambit.
- High Priest: Of an illegal faith devoted to Sharkey, God of Cheating.
- Immune to Mind Control: Her thoughts are too well guarded for Princess Phenylalanine to read her mind.
- Konami Code: High Priestess Raisin often performs button combinations, the classic Konami Code being one of them, which according to her gives her infinite lives.
- My Death Is Just the Beginning: She explains she is doing this — and her enemy is too overconfident to care.
- Seer: She has the power to predict the future. However, her prophecies regarding the dragonslayer princess became confusing, leaving her unable to figure out how to interpret her visions anymore.
- Shoot the Dog: High Priestess Raisin seeks to kill Cherry because she has foreseen a potential future in which the dragonslayer princess dooms the world.
- Thanatos Gambit: When High Priestess Raisin figures out the final piece of the puzzle to why her visions didn't seem to be accurate, she immediately sees that the best way she can promote her preferred future is to die right there. She also uses the last of her strength to reassume her usual form, which unknown to the enemy that killed her, allows Mango to learn that she died.
The self-proclaimed Wizard of Walden.
- Arc Villain: He acts as a minor antagonist to chapter 6.
- The Beast Master: He is the East Fafnir Pockfighting League champion. He originally used the Baloney stone to cheat, but this still allowed his Zapsqueak to gain Character Levels, allowing it to reach the Level Cap.
- Cannot Talk to Women: He's very awkward when talking to girls. Lemon uses against him during the Pockfighting competition to get him to faint.
- Charm Person: He has been using an artifact called the Baloney Stone to con people with otherwise Blatant Lies.
- Distracted by the Sexy: How Lemon defeats him. He passes out with one glimpse of her naked body.
- Odd Name Out: He is one of the few characters that isn't named after a food, which is Lampshaded when another character calls his name stupid.
Mango's mother, a storm dragonslayer.
- The Exile: The dragonslayer's ruling council banished her for marrying a human instead of another dragonslayer to replenish their diminishing numbers. When she brought back proof that humans and dragonslayers are in fact a viable pairing, it become a very popular one that boosted their numbers dramatically, but it did nothing to soothe their rage at her for defying them in the first place. King Citrus eventually agrees to give her The Pardon.
- Mistaken for Own Murderer: The reason Mango doesn't know who her father is. He is an incredibly strong human strong enough to defeat a dragon. One day, he saw a dragon seemingly attacking a city and severely wounded it. The dragon fled, and he was distracted by the appearance of a badly wounded dragonslayer woman. While she recovered, they bonded, ran away from her disapproving people, and got her pregnant. One day, he returned to her only to find her missing and that same dragon appearing over her clothes. Assuming the dragon to have eaten his lover, he attacked her and she fled. To this day, he doesn't realize that said dragon was his lover in her true form.
The strongest dragonslayer Fafnir has ever produced. When the king banned dragonslayers from passing on the arts of war, she led those who disagreed into exile.
- The Exile: While Ginger herself was ultimately loyal and put the rebellion down, she strongly agreed with the rebels that the king's decision to ban dragonslayers from learning how to fight was a stupid decision and chose to leave with them.
- In-Series Nickname: Most people call her Ginger.
- Missing Mom: As the former Queen of Fafnir, she is this to Princess Cherry.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: She gave up her original name when she left Fafnir and several dragonslayers refuse to say her real name out of respect for her wishes. Her real name is Krahn Berry, which also makes her Bleu's aunt.
- Partial Transformation: She mastered a technique that allowed her to use the full power of her dragon orb while compressed down into her humanoid form, only partially changing her body.
- World's Strongest Man: Has been referred to as the strongest of all dragonslayers.
Bleu's older half brother by their father's ex-wife. Due to his mother being made The Exile as punishment for rebelling against the Fafnir government, Bllud left Fafnir long ago to meet her.
- Back from the Dead: He gets killed by Lecithin, but is soon after revived by Cherry.
- Blue Blood: His father is a member of Fafnir's dragonslayer council.
- Making a Splash: Similarly to his mother, who was a sea dragonslayer, he is a water dragonslayer, allowing him to manipulate it.
- Parental Favoritism: Bleu grew up in his shadow, constantly being told by her father how much better he was than her in every way. Even though they never met until very recently, Bleu grew up resenting him.
- Weapon of Choice: A spear.
The Sea Guardian of Stalashen and Bllud Berry's mother.
- Back from the Dead: She died, presumably of natural causes, a few years back. Cherry resurrects her from her dragon orb.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: She had always been looking for a place to belong, and after getting adopted by Stalashen as their Sea Guardian, decided to depart from Ginger's band of exiles and remain there.
- The Exile: As punishment for joining the rebellion against the Fafnir government, she was banished from Fafnir.
- Making a Splash: As a sea dragonslayer, she can manipulate the waves.
A master swordswoman who holds the rare honor of actually graduating from Sherbert's school. She aspires to become a member of the Lolita Knights.
- Extreme Doormat: How did she endure years of Training from Hell that most students flee, die, or go mad from? She was too embarrassed to tell Lord Sherbert she wanted to quit.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: She wears a heavy iron armor breastplate. Cold Iron usually causes elves massive pain; Eclair turns out to be wearing it purely for the weight and pain handicaps.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: She hates being around her fellow "High" Elves. Unlike the rest of them, she isn't a drug addict and therefore doesn't fit in.
- Power Limiter: Eclair is always seen wearing armor, which fits her concept as she is a swordfighter. But it's also made of iron, which hurts and weakens an elf (which she is) by its mere touch! She is also a graduate of swordfighting style with an insanely dangerous training method (most students either flee, die or go insane long before completing training) focused on enduring the touch of iron. When she goes up against an extremely powerful enemy, she drops the armor to unleash her full potential.
A caller of variable competence who hopes to join the Lolita Knights.
- Cleavage Window: She has one in the shape of a heart.
- Dark Skinned Red Head: Her coloring. Which results in her protesting when one of her fellow party members asserts that this makes no biological sense.
- Ditzy Genius: Candy can pull off miraculous feats when given a confidence boost and has great skill in many fields. But she also flunked out of magic school among countless others and frequently screws things up.
- Expansion Pack Past: Before Candy decided to become a Caller, she studied a lot of things, depending on what's appropriate for the situation at hand. That includes martial arts, lockpicking, carpentry, weight training, and a few other jobs.
- Face Your Fears: After Cupcake steals the Mushroom of Life and swaps it out for a hallucinogenic, it causes Candy to manifest a bunny from her nightmares instead of the cute and peaceful ones she was aiming for. In the end, she manages to overcome the challenge and beat him.
- MacGyvering: Candy fixes the damaged seal locking away the evil dragons with a brick, a sheet of paper, a quill, a half-eaten sandwich and two coat hangers.
- Mixed Ancestry: She is half dark elf on her father's side.
- Playing with Fire: Candy has basic magic training and can theoretically cast fire spells, though she cannot do so reliably. Her first attempt results in nothing, and she later manifests fire from her hands completely by accident, burning them.
- Summon Magic: Her specialty as a caller. She is very skilled at summoning rabbits due to being bunny obsessed, but not much else. She has the rare talent to manifest dream creatures into reality.
The adopted daughter of the infamous Chocolate Explosion, she is an alchemist who aspires to become a member of the Lolita Knights.
- Bait-and-Switch: It is widely rumored that alchemists can convert lead to gold! Just what is their secret? They smith the lead into a gun and rob merchants.
- BFG: Cupcake's gun is bigger than she is.
- Doorstop Baby: Spoofed; Cupcake explains that she doesn't know exactly what race she is, because her adoptive mother and mentor, Chocolate Explosion, found her lying in a box on the doorstep. Explosion's immediate reaction upon seeing the box: "I didn't order this!"
- Gadgeteer Genius: One of her specialties as an alchemist.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Cupcake does not know her true parentage, but is speculated to be half elf and half human due to having pointy ears like an elf and yet no weakness to Cold Iron like a human.
- Oh, Crap!: Cupcake's reaction to when Count Baklava turns into a Bane Dragon is quite literally, "Oh, censored."
- Ungrateful Bastard: Her pet pig, Bonbon, doles out some Healing Potions from her bag to revive several Lolita Knights. Her first reaction is outrage, though she agrees to bill them later since they just saved their lives.
- Unishment: In one of the Christmas comics, Cupcake receives a stocking full of coal. She's grateful because it will allow her to power one of her new inventions.
The heir to the throne of Aspartame.
- Amplifier Artifact: The Mushroom of Life is a legendary alchemic ingredient. It also boosts her Mind Manipulation powers from only making small changes to peoples' minds to completely enslaving them.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Eclair, Candy, and Cupcake fall victim to her powers and are reduced to her mind controlled slaves. Her control over them has grown strong enough to completely usurp their minds whenever she pleases, but since this eliminates the creativity that makes them so effective to begin with, the Princess usually settles for keeping their loyalty by manipulating their memories. As a result, they now act as antagonists to the dragon slayer parties, believing they need to kidnap the dragon slayer princess to save the world.
- Dead Person Impersonation:
- Cupcake assumes her adopted mother, Chocolate Explosion, is still alive, but she is widely believed dead. Princess Phenylalanine uses illusions to disguise herself as Chocolate Explosion in order to manipulate Cupcake.
- She does it again with Priestess Raisin, who she personally killed, to fool one of the Priestess's associates, Pamplemousse. She uses this disguise to infiltrate Pamplemousse's efforts to train a new generation of dragonslayers in the arts of war, hoping she can manipulate them into rebellion like the last time this was tried.
- Intangibility: As a dream dragon, her dragon form can become selectively intangible and is very difficult to damage.
- Royal Brat: She is a member of the dragonslayer species, but also a princess of the elvish kingdom of Aspartame. She is said to be selfish, spoiled, and lazy.
- The Scapegoat: She plans to commit multiple international crimes, such as breaking the seal that locked the evil dragons away. She has reduced the trainee Lolita Knight party to her mind controlled slaves and plans to pin all the blame on them.
- Telepathy: One of her powers as a dream dragonslayer.
The guardian of the village of Sucre and the son of the legendary hero Custard, who died thwarting Count Baklava's plans.
- Always Someone Better: He already thought himself a great warrior, but upon seeing Eclaire's full strength, he realizes that he still has much more to learn and starts the Training from Hell from the same teacher that taught her.
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: One of the tools in his arsenal.
- Humongous Mecha: He receives one as a gift from Lord Sherbert to aid him in rescuing the trainee Lolita Knights from brainwashing.
The former head of Aspartame's League of Highly Suspicious Mages. Long ago, he turned traitor and attempted to sacrifice children in order to summon an army of dragons. Now he's back and up to his old tricks.
- Arc Villain: To Chapter 2.
- Just Toying with Them: When Scaled Up, he doesn't finish off the heroes right away and plays with them for a bit.
- Killed Off for Real: Eclair kills him off with a Citrus Jolt.
- Load-Bearing Boss: The fortress he holed himself up in collapses upon his defeat.
- Scaled Up: He was born as a normal elf, not a dragonslayer, but somehow acquired a dragon orb. When the trainee Lolita Knights thwart his plans, he uses it to become a Bane Dragon.
- Summon Magic: He is a caller. He summons an army of monsters to attack a town, and later attempts to break the Sealed Evil in a Can and summon the evil dragons with a spell that will bind them to his control.
The Hidden Valley
The protector of a human village in the middle of an isolated valley.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: To the annoyance of the current Oni Queen, her would be successor, Peaches, is a kind and non-ruthless Oni friendly to humans. She attempts to use her power to remake Peaches into a more "proper" Oni Queen. Peaches begs Bleu to work with Mango to Mercy Kill her before she becomes a monster and can hurt anyone. Fortunately, Bleu manages to put a stop to this before the Oni Queen can finish.
- Child by Rape: Her origin story. Female Oni are unable to bear daughters on their own and instead have their sons kidnap human women to mate with. Giving birth to Oni is difficult for human mothers and Peaches's mother suffered Death by Childbirth.
- Equippable Ally: As a female Oni, she can transform animals into weapons. She uses Sprinkles as a "monkey pole", Duck Soup as a "pheasant bow", and Mr. Snuffles the dog as a sword. Her ability also treats dragonslayers as animals, and she is able to use it to turn Bleu into an ice sword which can unleash magical attacks without consuming mana.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Her relationship with Bleu.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Something inherent to all female Oni. Her biological father was an Oni, and her mother was the human he raped.
- Happily Adopted: She is a Child by Rape and her mother suffered Death by Childbirth, but she gratefully treats Dr. Yong-Yi, her mother's husband, as if he was her actual father.
- Monster Lord: After the previous Oni Queen dies, the Oni decide that she is the new one.
- Nice Girl: Extremely nice and kind.
- The Power of Friendship: Something she firmly believes in.
The village doctor of the Hidden Valley.
- The Medic: He's the village doctor, and helps save Mango's with his medical skills twice.
- Percussive Maintenance: He is a doctor and he knows what he is doing, but his methods of healing consist of extremely painful and carefully aimed strikes.
- Unprovoked Pervert Payback: When Mango learns that he changed her clothes, she doesn't accept his insistence that he's a doctor as an excuse and enters Pervert Revenge Mode, sending him flying and saying he doesn't feel he deserved that.
The Oni Queen
Peaches's grandmother, the current ruler of the Oni of the Hidden Valley.
- Arc Villain: Of chapter 7.
- Child by Rape: Her origin story.
- Death Equals Redemption: Upon being Hoist by Her Own Petard and mortally wounded, the Oni Queen reconsiders the value of The Power of Friendship and dies wishing she had had a kind father like Peaches's.
- Equippable Ally: As a female Oni, she can turn animals into weapons, and she has a literal wolf sword.
- Explosive Breeder: They are incapable of having daughters, but female Oni can literally birth an army of sons.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Her death all but confirms that on some level she was jealous that Peaches had a father that loved her.
- Half-Human Hybrid: As is inherent to all female Oni.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The Oni queen tries to kill Peaches and Bleu by throwing half the mountain at them. She causes a cave in that crushes her.
- I'm a Humanitarian: She may have had a human mother and is derived from a humanoid species, but she thinks human meat is delicious.
- Maternal Death? Blame the Child: In the past, human women who escaped their Oni captors and gave birth to the next Oni Queen were not considered a problem since their human husbands would abandon the resulting Child by Rape to be found by the Oni because of this trope. The current Oni Queen was subject to this. She is also rather outraged that her would be successor, Peaches, was raised by her adoptive human father with kindness, resulting in a non-ruthless female Oni friendly to humans.
- Monster Lord: She is the current ruler of the Oni.
- Parental Abandonment: The Oni Queen's father threw her out into the wilderness causing her worldview
- Sympathy for the Devil: Peaches has this for the Oni Queen.
- Villainous Breakdown: When Peaches, her would be successor, talks about The Power of Friendship, it drives her into a frenzy to prove her wrong, endangering even her own forces.
- Virtue Is Weakness: She is a solid believer in this, which is why she is more than a little upset with how Peaches's adopted human father raised her.
A powerful soldier hailing from the mysterious city of Square One. He has journeyed to the outside world in order to apprehend the terrorist, Dug the gnome.
- A Friend in Need: Why Pumpkin runs to help him against Lecithin.
- Attack Reflector: His cellblade can use a move called "Dead Ringer", which allows it to absorb enemy magic and send it back at them. However, there are limits to how much it can hold, and when used against Lecithin, it ends up breaking.
- Back from the Dead: He gets killed by Lecithin, but is soon after revived by Cherry.
- Cool Sword: Wields a type of Magitek sword called a cellblade.
- Giant Mecha: Can call one to pilot when in a pinch.
- Sword Beam: His cellblade can release a massive destructive blast of energy.
Dug the Gnome
A teleporting gnome who implies himself to be a friend of Mango's from the future.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: His list of crimes? Theft of government property, incitement to revolution, possession of illegal narcotics, unlawful use of magitek weaponry, breaking and entering, summoning demons without a license, copyright infringement, and defying the laws of physics.
- Have We Met Yet?: More or less Mango's reaction when he greets her. Then he realizes that he wasn't supposed to have met this version of Mango yet and tells her to ignore everything he said.
- Magic Feather: He tries to retrieve a book on demon summoning on Candy's behalf, more to boost her own confidence than anything.
- Necessarily Evil: He has committed some very unpleasant crimes including murder, but claims he had no choice and that it really is for the greater good.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Lampshaded by Cherry, who is impressed by his clever disguise of a fake mustache and glasses covering up a real mustache and glasses.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The dragonslayers and seven sages trapped them in another world and froze them in time. To protect the seal, it was guarded with a prophecy designed to make it so that only the Dragonslayer Princess can break it.
Glucose the Soul Eater
Thanks to Count Baklava's help, Glucose was first dragon to be broken out of the seal. This one dragon nearly destroyed the Kingdom of Aspartime. While he has no known presence in the present time, his legacy has a great deal of bearing on the plot.
- Intangibility: One of his powers as a Phantom Dragon.
- Villainous Legacy: Glucose, the soul eater, was an evil dragon that was broken out of the seal by an insane elf mage, Baklava. He killed so many people that Aspartime banned even attempting to summon any dragons. While he no longer has any known presence, his heir, Princess Phenylalanine, is now attempting to break the seal entirely.
When Princess Cherry cracked the seal, Lecithin was the second dragon to be released. For her role in the carelessness that allowed this to happen, Mango was sentenced to death unless she can slay him.
- Barrier Warrior: Bleu speculates that he is protected by an energy shield, though it only protects him against magical energy.
- Energy Absorption: His power as an energy dragon allows him to absorb and No-Sell magical attacks that hit him.
- Healing Factor: Even when the main characters figure out how to hurt him, it doesn't stick and he recovers faster than they can inflict damage.
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen: Lecithin respects Agent Vinegar for challenging him instead of just attacking.
- Power Crystal: The gem on his forehead isn't just decoration. It provides unlimited energy for his Healing Factor. And even after Mango manages to smash it, he has a whole lot more under his first layer of skin.
- Shock and Awe: One of this powers as an energy dragon.
- Why Isn't It Attacking?: Agent Vinegar gets to ponder this when facing him.
- World's Strongest Man: He technically isn't, but he is in the part of the world he is currently residing in and Mango explicitly refers to him as the world's strongest dragon.
A monster hunter from the Outlands who's life mission is to wipe dragons out.
- Disappeared Dad: He is this to Mango. She doesn't even know his name. Having never learned that Mango's mother, Passion, was actually a dragon in human form, she was Mistaken for Own Murderer when he saw her true form and she was forced to flee his wrath.
- The Dragonslayer: Normally, dragonslaying is left to the dragonslayer species. It isn't normally believed to even be possible for a human to defeat one. Steen is a notable exception. He has made it his life mission to wipe them out, believing them to be responsible for the death of his lover. He is extremely strong and has only gotten even better at killing dragons due to the weapons he has made from their corpses.
- Revenge: He believes dragonkind to be responsible for the death of his pregnant lover and has made it his life's mission to wipe them out.
- Would Hurt a Child: He doesn't spare child dragons. His helmet was made from one.
- You Remind Me of X: He ultimately relents from attempting to murder a pair of dragons, because the dragonslayer who attempted to stop him, Mango, reminded him of his lover, Passion. Unbeknownst to him, Mango is in fact the child he had with her.