Characters original to Dragon Ball Legends
Shallot (シャロット, Sharotto)
An ancient Saiyan "from before Goku's time", the amnesic Shallot is trying to piece together his past as he participates in the Tournament of Time.
- Affectionate Nickname: Goku calls him "Shall".
- Amnesiac Hero: He suffers from amnesia, and can't remember his name. "Run, Shallot!" is the only thing he can remember.
- Anime Hair: A hedgehog-shaped hair, very similar to the hairstyle Gohan had during the Cell saga.
- Berserk Button: During the story mode, he develops a special bond with Vegeta and Nappa, even obtaining the Super Saiyan transformation after their death at the hands of Freeza. Try to disrespect Vegeta and Nappa and Shallot will be pissed.
- Big Brother Mentor: He becomes Cabba's master in Book 3 in order to teach him the Super Saiyan transformation.
- Blue Is Heroic: He wears a navy blue and black colored Saiyan battle armor and portrayed as a relatively goodwill fighter.
- Book Dumb: He is a bit of a simpleton, having a hard time understanding things like technology. Gero calls him a simpleton, and Zahha a gorilla.
- Contrasting Sequel Main Character: A meta example regarding Dragon Ball games, but previous games with original stories to Legends had no original protagonists, merely being blank slates for the player to self-insert and create their own character. Shallot, unlike them, has a personality, motivation, and backstory (although one clouded by amnesia)
- Edible Theme Naming: A shallot is a kind of onion. He shares etymology with the proposed Saiyan name for Vegeta's daughter.
- Emerald Power: He has green energy.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He is a bit grumpy, and hates that people constantly annoy him, but is a decent guy. Is ambiguous, however, if this is because of his amnesia.
- Kid from the Future: Inverted. He appears to be from the distant past, as the armor he wears is the Sadalan armor worn by the Saiyans before joining Frieza's forces. Not surprisingly, he was summoned for the Tournament of Time.
- The Nose Knows: Shallot's nose is pretty sensitive, and can recognize smells without issue. He can smell Turles's evil intentions from the get-go and had a small freak out when he smells different scents coming from Cell.
- Prehensile Tail: Like other pure-breed Saiyans of the past, Shallot has a monkey tail, which unlike most adult Saiyans he doesn't wrap around his waist.
- Pretty Boy: He is fairly handsome, and unlike a lot of Saiyans introduced after the end of the original manga, Shallot has an ideal body figure to go with the good-looking face.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: He shares the eagerness to battle like most Saiyans of his kind.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Shallot delivers a bit of these towards his enemies.
- He calls Turles an idiot that doesn't know what he wants after his rambling wish of a despotic world and his superficial strength. Turles is actually affected by this.
Zahha (ザッハ, Zahha)
A young magical swordsman from a distant time and place. He is an ally of Shallot and company during the Tournament of Time.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Has green skin.
- Bishōnen: An elf-ish looking pretty boy of long hair. Bulma finds him hot at some point in the game.
- Cool Sword: As a dual wielding swordsman, he wields two medieval swords.
- Deadpan Snarker: He is a bit of a snarker.
- Early-Bird Cameo: A extreme close up of his eyes and his swords are seen in the game opening of Legends, roughly a month before his official design was shown to the public in V-Jump and many months before his official introduction in the fully released game.
- Edible Theme Naming: His name derives from the Viennese chocolate cake Sachertorte, which is romanized as Zahhatorute due to its pronunciation.
- Ice King: Generally described as having an icy demeanor, yet offers his help to Shallot when they find themselves. They have a Teeth-Clenched Teamwork, to say the least, with Zahha finding Shallot a brute or gorilla, but trusting him.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Unlike Dabura and other members of the Demon Realm, he has no interest in seeing the world in ruins.
- Pointy Ears: He has pointy ears, similar to that of demons and many alien species in the franchise. He is from the Demon Realm.
- Our Demons Are Different: He is an inhabitant of the Demon Realm.
- Out of Focus: He is the least focused character of the story mode, with Shallot being the protagonist and the Red Saiyan being a Knight of Cerebus, yet Zahha appears less frequently.
The Saiyan in Red (赤でサイヤ人, Aka de Saiya-jin) Giblet (ジブレット, Giblet)
A mysterious figure who looks like Shallot, breaking havoc everywhere.
- Alternate Self: Discussed Trope. Beerus and Whis discuss if he could be Shallot from a different era, where he didn't have any amnesia.
- Big Bad: He is the main antagonist of Legends due to breaking havoc everywhere during the Tournament of Time, and having a personal reason for wanting Shallot dead.Ha ha ha! At last! At long last! I can wring the life out of your filthy body!
- Blood Knight: A common Saiyan trait, he loves to fight. Jaco notices he is a natural born killer.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Like with Zanhha, he appears in the opening of Legends roughly a month before his official design was shown to the public in V-Jump, and many months before his official introduction in the fully released game. He is shown back to back with Shallot.
- Edible Theme Naming: A "giblet" is a piece of edible organs from a chicken, like gizzards or a heart. This translation, however, is a mistake from the translators, as his name シブレット translates to Ciboulette, the Europoean name for Chives, a vegetable in the same family as onions, making the Punny Name Lost in Translation.
- Evil Twin: Literally, he is Shallot's twin brother.
- Expy: Similar to many movie villains that are inspired by characters from the main continuity, The Saiyan In Red is inspired by Goku Black. Both are mysterious figures who are identical to the protagonist, are introduced wreaking havoc in an city, claim to do things for the greater good but is just an excuse to Kill Them All (balance instead of justice, Saiyans instead of mortals) and they have a similar energy to someone else. This is lampshaded by Beerus, who wonders if he is a similar case to Black.
- Identical Stranger: He looks just like Shallot under the hood, even with a similar armor. Beerus even compares him with Goku Black, and suspects he may be an Alternate Self.
- Knight Templar: He claims he does everything for the sake of balance by "purifying the blood of the tainted" and putting the Saiyans in the right path, which means killing all them.
- In the Hood: Dons a red hood over his head.
The Tournament of Time brought upon many fighters from different timelines, with even different versions of one individual being among the place.
- Alternate Self: All the fighters are from different timelines, which explains the inclusion of outside-canon characters like the original Broly, Turles, and even different universes like Frost and Cabba.
Story part 1
- We Hardly Knew Ye: He is killed off by Broly in the tutorial level.
The God of Destruction of Universe 7.
The incarnation of Son Goku that helps Shallot through the story.
- Big Good: The guy everyone in the team trusts, and for good reason, he is Goku.
- Demoted to Extra: The protagonist of most Dragon Ball, but he only does occasional appearances in Legends.
- The Mentor: Goku hardly intervenes in the story, staying in the sidelines alongside Beerus and Whis but he does offer Shallot and later Gohan advice.
An incarnation of Gohan when he was captured by Piccolo.
The incarnation of Piccolo when he captured Gohan.
- Put on a Bus: After Raditz is defeated, he leaves with his timeline Gohan and is never seen again.
Goku's older brother, and the main antagonist of book 1.
- Arc Villain: The true antagonist of book 1.
Story part 2
A space pirate with an uncanny resemblance to Goku with a powerful power booster in the fruit of the Tree of Might. Turles is a recurring villain working for the Hooded Saiyan.
- Arc Villain: He is the main antagonist of book 2.
- Blood Knight: He wishes to create a world of conflict and deception, and that chaotic fighting is the true Saiyan ideal. Shallot calls this a bunch of crap, telling him he diverged from the true path of the Saiyans. Part of his HeelFace Turn is due to Shallot allowing him to fight like a normal Saiyan against a Super Saiyan.
- Disc-One Final Boss: He is the most consistent villain in the first act of the story mode, and is defeated by Shallot after obtaining the Super Saiyan transformation and killing Freeza.
- Hidden Depths: He clearly knows more about Shallot that he allows himself to tell.
- Smug Snake: He is a known manipulator trying to play every faction to serve his plans. Even managed to manipulate Frost.
- We Can Rule Together: He tries to make Shallot work with him by giving him the Fruit of Tree of Might. Shallot doesn't buy it.Turles: Neither Freeza nor Frost were on the level of us Saiyans. They merely amounted to pathetic space riffraff. But you Shallot, you're different, we're both Saiyans! I'm sure we get along just fine.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: He falls victim to this. The moment the Hooded Saiyan see him as tainted for helping Shallot escape he is killed off.
- Original Era: After the Tournament of Power
A member of Freeza's race from Universe 6. Frost took over Freeza's army by pretending to be him.
- Evil Is Petty: He took over Freeza's forces and wants him dead now... despite the fact the Freeza he is after is not even the same one that mocked him in the Tournament of Power. Freeza is not remotely impressed and can't find the strength to be angry, which angers Frost more.Freeza: Well, of course, is only natural for trash like you to be made a fool of.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Despite being clearly stronger than Freeza, he still felt the need to eat three fruits of the Tree of Might consecutively just to humiliate him. Freeza antagonized him because of this, as the fruit Frost ate was experimental as told by captured soldiers, meaning eating too much of the fruit is suicide.
- Killed Off for Real: Freeza kills him by making him consume too much of the fruit of the Tree of Might.
Story part 3
- Arch-Enemy: In Legends, he is one to Zahha due to both hailing from the same realm, and Zahha being the only one who could face his spells.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Forms an alliance with Cell so he can be perfect.
- Dystopia Justifies the Means: When asked why he is doing so much evil, Dabura replies the world will be more beautiful when immersed in death and fear.
- Manipulative Bastard: Helps Cell become semi-perfect, but he then takes Android 18 with him to manipulate him further.
- No True Scotsman: Zahha calls him an outcast to the Demon Realm.
- Wham Line: His conversations reveal Zahha is a member of the Demon Realm.Dabura: Don't you think it's wonderful? We hail from the same realm, swordsman. Surely you have a sense of aesthetics.
- Original Era: Original Generation
The game's original incarnation of Cell, created by Doctor Gero using the countless different DNA in the Tournament of Time.
- Bishōnen Line: Thanks to the help of Dabura, he ends up absorbing Android 17 and 18 just like his main counterpart.
- Hero Killer: He kills Piccolo (2).
- Knight of Cerebus: Cell has no comical quirks, and the story always takes a dark turn when he is around.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: He personally kills Coora with Freeza's move after the latter tried to blow the planet in a temper tantrum.
- Original Era: Before the Tournament of Champa
A Saiyan from Universe 6. He joins Piccolo, Future Mai, and Zahha to stop Cell's from absorbing Androids 17 and 18.
- Distressed Dude: Ends up being captured by Cell alongside Piccolo and Zahha while Shallot, 17 and 18 were killing Gero to save 16.
- Bodyguarding a Badass: He joins Shallot as a bodyguard of the Androids 17 and 18 in part 3.
- Enraged by Idiocy: The first sign he could transform into a Super Saiyan? Being enraged by Shallot and the androids fighting like idiots, making him snap in annoyance.
- Super Mode: Zig-zagged. This Cabba comes from an era before the Tournament between Universe 7 and Universe 6, meaning he has no knowledge of the Super transformation, and asks Shallot to train him. He properly obtains it after Android 16 self-destructs to take Bojack out and Cell mocks his sacrifice, transforming alongside his master.
- Only Sane Man: He is the only down to earth guy in the group during Book 3, as the team is formed by Shallot, Android 17 and Android 18. Zahha trusts him more than Shallot, for once.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: The Legends story mode is very referential of events that happened in the original manga, so Cabba has traits associated with Gohan. He is a kind-hearted Saiyan that has trouble getting angry, and alongside Shallot transforms after the death of Android 16.
- Talking the Monster to Death: Taking a cue from Shallot, Cabba talks down to an enemy: Ribrianne. Due to Ribrianne being possessed by the strange anomaly Gero and Turles suffered, Cabba calls out on Ribrianne hypocrisy of preaching about love when she herself is hurting her friends who love her. It works, with Ribrianne returning to normal.
- Original Era: After the Cell games
- Original Era: Unknown
A warrior from Universe 2, known as the magical girl who preaches love, Ribrianne! She is accompanied by her companions, Kakunza and Rozie.
- Not Himself: Ever since she entered the era the game takes place she has been acting weird, according to Kakunza. She acts more aggressively, even to the point of obstructing the path of the heroes and hurting her friends, due to being possessed by the weird anomaly that also possessed Turles and Gero.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: Unlike the Dragon Gang in the Universal Survival saga of the anime, Shallot's gang (including the polite Gohan and Cabba) and Bojack find her obnoxious and wish she would go away.
- Satellite Character: Kakunza and Rozie are known for following Ribrianne, with nothing else to speak about. They will call her out and congratulate Shallot for talking her out of her nonsense (as she isn't herself)
- True Companions: Despite Ribrianne being rude to them, Kakunza and Rozie stand by with their friend.
Freeza's older brother, who participates in the Cell games assisting Cell.
Coola's loyal lackey, leader of the Armored Squadron.
- Satellite Character: Trouser entire character revolves about serving Coora, and this game is no exception.
A space pirate that associated with Cell for the Cell games.
- Never Found the Body: After Android 16 self-destructed to take him out, is unknown what happened to Bojack.