Characters original to Dragon Ball Legends
Shallot (シャロット, Sharotto)
An ancient Saiyan "from before Goku's time", the amnesic Shallot is trying to piece together his past as he participates in the Tournament of Time.
- Affectionate Nickname: Goku calls him "Shall".
- Amnesiac Hero: He suffers from amnesia, and can't remember his name. "Run, Shallot!" is the only thing he can remember.
- Anime Hair: A hedgehog-shaped hair, very similar to the hairstyle Gohan had during the Cell saga.
- Berserk Button: During the story mode, he develops a special bond with Vegeta and Nappa, even obtaining the Super Saiyan transformation after their death at the hands of Freeza. Try to disrespect Vegeta and Nappa and Shallot will be pissed.
- Big Brother Mentor: He becomes Cabba's master in Book 3 in order to teach him the Super Saiyan transformation.
- Blue Is Heroic: He wears a navy blue and black colored Saiyan battle armor and portrayed as a relatively goodwill fighter.
- Book Dumb: He is a bit of a simpleton, having a hard time understanding things like technology. Gero calls him a simpleton, and Zahha calls him a gorilla.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Giblet's Cain.
- Composite Character: Shallot takes a couple of ideas from the original series in Legends retelling of events. For example, him avenging the Saiyans and turning into Super Saiyan is taken from Goku, but becoming the master of Cabba is taken from Vegeta.
- Contrasting Sequel Main Character: A meta example regarding Dragon Ball games, but previous games with original stories to Legends had no original protagonists, merely being blank slates for the player to self-insert and create their own character. Shallot, unlike them, has a personality, motivation, and backstory (although one clouded by amnesia)
- Edible Theme Naming: A shallot is a kind of onion. He shares etymology with the proposed Saiyan name for Vegeta's daughter.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He is a bit grumpy, and hates that people constantly annoy him, but is a decent guy. This may or may not be because of his amnesia.
- Kid from the Future: Inverted. He appears to be from the distant past, as the armor he wears is the Sadalan armor worn by the Saiyans before joining Frieza's forces. Not surprisingly, he was summoned for the Tournament of Time.
- The Nose Knows: Shallot's nose is pretty sensitive, and can recognize smells without issue. He can smell Turles's evil intentions from the get-go and had a small freak out when he smells different scents coming from Cell.
- Prehensile Tail: Like other pure-breed Saiyans of the past, Shallot has a monkey tail, which unlike most adult Saiyans he doesn't wrap around his waist.
- Pretty Boy: He is fairly handsome, and unlike a lot of Saiyans introduced after the end of the original manga, Shallot has an ideal body figure to go with the good-looking face.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: He shares the eagerness to battle like most Saiyans of his kind.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Shallot delivers a bit of these towards his enemies.
- He calls Turles an idiot that doesn't know what he wants after his rambling wish of a despotic world and his superficial strength. Turles is actually affected by this.
- Repeatedly calls out Frieza on his cowardly, underhanded, selfish tactics, even before the tyrant officially makes Shallot his enemy.
Zahha (ザッハ, Zahha)
A young magical swordsman from a distant time and place. He is an ally of Shallot and company during the Tournament of Time.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Has green skin.
- Bishōnen: An elf-ish looking pretty boy of long hair. Bulma finds him hot at some point in the game.
- Combat Pragmatist: Shown a preference on using sneak attacks and blind sighting his opponents, though he shows a distaste for doing it, he will do it when he deems it necessary.
- Cool Sword: As a dual wielding swordsman, he wields two medieval swords.
- Deadpan Snarker: He is a bit of a snarker.
- Early-Bird Cameo: A extreme close up of his eyes and his swords are seen in the game opening of Legends, roughly a month before his official design was shown to the public in V-Jump and many months before his official introduction in the fully released game.
- Edible Theme Naming: His name derives from the Viennese chocolate cake Sachertorte, which is romanized as Zahhatorute due to its pronunciation.
- Genius Bruiser: He's not the strongest fighter, but quite the smart one, constantly using tactics and using his abilities strategically and constantly trying to coordinate his fellow fighters.
- Ice King: Generally described as having an icy demeanor, yet offers his help to Shallot when they find themselves. They have a Teeth-Clenched Teamwork, to say the least, with Zahha finding Shallot a brute or gorilla, but deep down both trust each other as friends.
- Jerkass Has a Point: He may be distant and cold at times to his allies, but he makes many astute points about the situation around him. He frequently chastises Shallot's bullheaded thinking and often tries to get him to think things through properly.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Unlike Dabura and other members of the Demon Realm, he has no interest in seeing the world in ruins.
- Our Demons Are Different: He is an inhabitant of the Demon Realm.
- Opt Out: He initially refuses to join Shallot and the others to work on Beerus' behalf on the basis he doesn't quite trust the destroyer god.
- Pointy Ears: He has pointy ears, similar to that of demons and many alien species in the franchise. He is from the Demon Realm.
- Running Gag: Him finding Ribrianne gross and annoying, to the point he is the usual victim to her antics.
- Support Party Member: Most of his magic abilities (transporting, healing, illusions, etc.) are used as a way to support his allies, with him relying on his swords and ki to do damage.
The Saiyan in Red (赤でサイヤ人, Aka de Saiya-jin) Giblet (ジブレット, Jiburetto)
A mysterious figure who looks like Shallot, wreaking havoc everywhere.
- Alternate Self: Discussed Trope. Beerus and Whis discuss if he could be Shallot from a different era, where he didn't have any amnesia.
- Big Bad: He is the main antagonist of Legends due to wreaking havoc everywhere during the Tournament of Time, and having a personal reason for wanting Shallot dead.Ha ha ha! At last! At long last! I can wring the life out of your filthy body!
- Blood Knight: A common Saiyan trait, he loves to fight. Jaco notices he is a natural born killer.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to Shallot's Abel.
- Cryptic Conversation: He does this almost gratuitously, he absolutely refuses to expand on something unless the heroes figure it out or he absolutely feels the need to, which means a lot of his speech can be extremely confusing due to the lack of context.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Like with Zahha, he appears in the opening of Legends roughly a month before his official design was shown to the public in V-Jump, and many months before his official introduction in the fully released game. He is shown back to back with Shallot.
- Edible Theme Naming: A "giblet" is a piece of edible organs from a chicken, like gizzards or a heart. This translation, however, is a mistake from the translators, as his name シブレット translates to Ciboulette, the Europoean name for Chives, a vegetable in the same family as onions, making the Punny Name Lost in Translation.
- Evil Twin: Literally, he is Shallot's twin brother.
- Expy: Similar to many movie villains that are inspired by characters from the main continuity, The Saiyan In Red is inspired by Goku Black. Both are mysterious figures who are identical to the protagonist, are introduced wreaking havoc in an city, claim to do things for the greater good but is just an excuse to Kill Them All (balance instead of justice, Saiyans instead of mortals) and they have a similar energy to someone else. This is lampshaded by Beerus, who wonders if he is a similar case to Black.
- Identical Stranger: He looks just like Shallot under the hood, even with a similar armor. Beerus even compares him with Goku Black, and suspects he may be an Alternate Self.
- Knight Templar: He claims he does everything for the sake of balance by "purifying the blood of the tainted" and putting the Saiyans in the right path, which means killing all them.
- In the Hood: Dons a red hood over his head.
- Big Bad: The one pulling the strings from behind the scenes. As it turns out though, he was much more hands on than anyone thought...
- Big Bad Friend: To Shallot. He even admits that he actually grew attached to him after all they've been through throughout the tournament. Still doesn't stop him from stabbing Shallot in the back, or trying to finish him off shortly afterwards.
- False Friend: He admits that the only reason he got close to Shallot was for his plans to work.
- In the Back: How he reveals his true self, much to Shalllot's expense...
- Manipulative Bastard: He erased both Shallot and Giblet's memories prior to sending them to the current timeline, so that his plans could proceed. He also stayed close to Shallot and became his friend to secretly manipulate him even further.
- No-Sell: Once he obtains the Ommificence Crystal, he manages to COMPLETELY nullify Beerus's Hakai technique.
- Rage Against the Heavens: His dialogue once he obtains the Ommificence Crystal (as well as his dialogue with Zamasu and Beerus) shows that he thinks very little about the Gods and Angels, and that he believes himself to be above them now.
- Super Prototype: According to him, the Ommificence Crystal was this to the Super Dragon Balls. But he claims that it has surpassed them thanks to the power that it has absorbed from Shallot and Giblet.