Characters original to Dragon Ball Legends
Shallot (シャロット, Sharotto)
An ancient Saiyan "from before Goku's time", the amnesic Shallot is trying to piece together his past as he participates in the Tournament of Time.
- Affectionate Nickname: Goku calls him "Shall".
- Amnesiac Hero: He suffers from amnesia, and can't remember his name. "Run, Shallot!" is the only thing he can remember.
- Anime Hair: A hedgehog-shaped hair, very similar to the hairstyle Gohan had during the Cell saga.
- Berserk Button: During the story mode, he develops a special bond with Vegeta and Nappa, even obtaining the Super Saiyan transformation after their death at the hands of Freeza. Try to disrespect Vegeta and Nappa and Shallot will be pissed.
- Big Brother Mentor: He becomes Cabba's master in Book 3 in order to teach him the Super Saiyan transformation.
- Blue Is Heroic: He wears a navy blue and black colored Saiyan battle armor and portrayed as a relatively goodwill fighter.
- Book Dumb: He is a bit of a simpleton, having a hard time understanding things like technology. Gero calls him a simpleton, and Zahha a gorilla.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Giblet's Cain.
- Composite Character: Shallot takes a couple of ideas from the original series in Legends retelling of events. For example, him avenging the Saiyans and turning into Super Saiyan is taken from Goku, but becoming the master of Cabba is taken from Vegeta.
- Contrasting Sequel Main Character: A meta example regarding Dragon Ball games, but previous games with original stories to Legends had no original protagonists, merely being blank slates for the player to self-insert and create their own character. Shallot, unlike them, has a personality, motivation, and backstory (although one clouded by amnesia)
- Edible Theme Naming: A shallot is a kind of onion. He shares etymology with the proposed Saiyan name for Vegeta's daughter.
- Emerald Power: He has green energy.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He is a bit grumpy, and hates that people constantly annoy him, but is a decent guy. Is ambiguous, however, if this is because of his amnesia.
- Kid from the Future: Inverted. He appears to be from the distant past, as the armor he wears is the Sadalan armor worn by the Saiyans before joining Frieza's forces. Not surprisingly, he was summoned for the Tournament of Time.
- The Nose Knows: Shallot's nose is pretty sensitive, and can recognize smells without issue. He can smell Turles's evil intentions from the get-go and had a small freak out when he smells different scents coming from Cell.
- Prehensile Tail: Like other pure-breed Saiyans of the past, Shallot has a monkey tail, which unlike most adult Saiyans he doesn't wrap around his waist.
- Pretty Boy: He is fairly handsome, and unlike a lot of Saiyans introduced after the end of the original manga, Shallot has an ideal body figure to go with the good-looking face.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: He shares the eagerness to battle like most Saiyans of his kind.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Shallot delivers a bit of these towards his enemies.
- He calls Turles an idiot that doesn't know what he wants after his rambling wish of a despotic world and his superficial strength. Turles is actually affected by this.
Zahha (ザッハ, Zahha)
A young magical swordsman from a distant time and place. He is an ally of Shallot and company during the Tournament of Time.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Has green skin.
- Bishōnen: An elf-ish looking pretty boy of long hair. Bulma finds him hot at some point in the game.
- Cool Sword: As a dual wielding swordsman, he wields two medieval swords.
- Deadpan Snarker: He is a bit of a snarker.
- Early-Bird Cameo: A extreme close up of his eyes and his swords are seen in the game opening of Legends, roughly a month before his official design was shown to the public in V-Jump and many months before his official introduction in the fully released game.
- Edible Theme Naming: His name derives from the Viennese chocolate cake Sachertorte, which is romanized as Zahhatorute due to its pronunciation.
- Ice King: Generally described as having an icy demeanor, yet offers his help to Shallot when they find themselves. They have a Teeth-Clenched Teamwork, to say the least, with Zahha finding Shallot a brute or gorilla, but deep down both trust each other as friends.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Unlike Dabura and other members of the Demon Realm, he has no interest in seeing the world in ruins.
- Our Demons Are Different: He is an inhabitant of the Demon Realm.
- Pointy Ears: He has pointy ears, similar to that of demons and many alien species in the franchise. He is from the Demon Realm.
- Running Gag: Him finding Ribrianne gross and annoying, to the point he is the usual victim to her antics.
The Saiyan in Red (赤でサイヤ人, Aka de Saiya-jin) Giblet (ジブレット, Jiburetto)
A mysterious figure who looks like Shallot, wreaking havoc everywhere.
- Alternate Self: Discussed Trope. Beerus and Whis discuss if he could be Shallot from a different era, where he didn't have any amnesia.
- Big Bad: He is the main antagonist of Legends due to wreaking havoc everywhere during the Tournament of Time, and having a personal reason for wanting Shallot dead.Ha ha ha! At last! At long last! I can wring the life out of your filthy body!
- Blood Knight: A common Saiyan trait, he loves to fight. Jaco notices he is a natural born killer.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to Shallot's Abel.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Like with Zanhha, he appears in the opening of Legends roughly a month before his official design was shown to the public in V-Jump, and many months before his official introduction in the fully released game. He is shown back to back with Shallot.
- Edible Theme Naming: A "giblet" is a piece of edible organs from a chicken, like gizzards or a heart. This translation, however, is a mistake from the translators, as his name シブレット translates to Ciboulette, the Europoean name for Chives, a vegetable in the same family as onions, making the Punny Name Lost in Translation.
- Evil Twin: Literally, he is Shallot's twin brother.
- Expy: Similar to many movie villains that are inspired by characters from the main continuity, The Saiyan In Red is inspired by Goku Black. Both are mysterious figures who are identical to the protagonist, are introduced wreaking havoc in an city, claim to do things for the greater good but is just an excuse to Kill Them All (balance instead of justice, Saiyans instead of mortals) and they have a similar energy to someone else. This is lampshaded by Beerus, who wonders if he is a similar case to Black.
- Identical Stranger: He looks just like Shallot under the hood, even with a similar armor. Beerus even compares him with Goku Black, and suspects he may be an Alternate Self.
- Knight Templar: He claims he does everything for the sake of balance by "purifying the blood of the tainted" and putting the Saiyans in the right path, which means killing all them.
- In the Hood: Dons a red hood over his head.