- "Oops, well, secret's out then I guess. I'm awesome and I have hella fashion sense. Don't get too envious now."
spiraMirabilis - Bard of Space, Land of Canyons and Frogs.
- Deadpan Snarker: So much. Borders on Stepford Snarker depending on how much insecurity she's masking at the time, but it's not always a defense mechanism.
- The Gadfly: Partially an example of the old version that asked unconvential questions to stir up debate, but also the modern version of just trolling others. The latter mostly when she's bored. Which is often.
- Knife Nut: Her strife specibus is allocated to KNIFEKIND.
- Rule of Cool: And then she grabbed the meteor. Pretty much lives by this.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Of the "snark or dry wit" variety. Her friends see a slightly warmer side, at least. Has tendency to keep people at arms' length, due either to her own emotional insecurity, concern for others' well-being if they get too attached, or both.
- " And its a long story, and yeah I did lick it, I had a strange urge to do so."
- Bandaged Face: He occasionally wears a bandage that covers an eye that grants him increased perception about a person's past and feelings. Or he used to, anyway. It's been replaced with an eyepatch, and his eye has been damaged enough to seemingly remove said ability.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Sure, he seems harmless. Ask any dersite why that's wrong.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Pogos. ON EVERYTHING. Sometimes turns into Crazy Awesome. Peter is a less literal example of this, though, in that he is not so much outright out-there or insane, but just highly eccentric.
- Neutral Good
- Shrinking Violet: He tends to be this around new people. The main exception, though, is Lorelei who he befriended quite quickly.
- Sixth Ranger: Everyone else at least knew a few of the others, Lorelei being the only one who knew them all, but Peter was a stranger to all of them prior to playing Sburb.
Lorelei Von Hayek
- "Hope never dies!"
- Badass Adorable
- Badass Bookworm: Naturally a bookworm all her life. She starts out rather weak and unskilled in combat but takes a level in badass when she gains the ability to use white, Skaian magic.
- Beware the Nice Ones: While normally sweet and mannered, when her long-suffering temper is pushed to the breaking point it is a awe-inspiring, expletive-laden sight to behold. Observe.
- Big Fancy House: She lives in a large house in Switzerland meant to model a Prince Elector's palace from Germany.
- Blue Blood: Her family is descended from both the Teutonic Order and a Prince Elector's family in the Holy Roman Empire (hence the "Kurfurstin" in her name), and she is related in some degree to just about every European royal family. Her family opposed Hitler during his rise to power, however, and was forced to flee their homeland of Germany to Switzerland, where Lorelei grows up. The Von Hayeks still retain their aristocratic lifestyle and mannerisms, however, even if they lack political power.
- Brainy Brunette
- Break the Cutie: What the world (and the writer) seem to be earnestly trying to do. It doesn't work, though.
- Catchphrase: "Hope never dies!" and "As long as there's life, there's hope!"
- Chaotic Good: With some Neutral Good tendencies. She is philosophically a voluntaryist (and in canon created the website V For Voluntary). She always tries to fight the state, but she also is trying to create a law code for their eventual new world.
- Comes Great Responsibility: Lorelei believes that her title as the Scion of Hope means that she must never give up and do everything she can to keep up morale.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: Prior to the events of Sburb, Lorelei had felt like a purpose was missing from her life. Things like being Gita's morality chain and studying the voluntaryist philosophy were ways she tried to find that purpose, but it wasn't until becoming the Scion of Hope that this feeling went away.
- Determinator: Partly because she's inspired by her favorite show (Gurren Lagann), partly because she sees it as her duty to be this as the Scion of Hope. All the same, she refuses to give up no matter how bad things are.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Somewhat. Gita, a lesbian, has a crush on her.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: True to her aristocratic upbringing, she was taught how to cook at a young age.
- The Fettered
- Friend to All Children: She adores children of all ages and think they are incredibly cute. She is easily the most maternal of the three ladies in Dooftrapped.
- The Hero: She holds their whole ragtag bunch of misfits together and pretty soon is voted the FRIENDLEADER.
- Heroic Resolve
- Hope Springs Eternal: "Hope Never Dies!"
- Hot-Blooded: She has her moments, seemingly at odds with the "Calm, collected lady" persona she initially gives off.
- Lady And A Scholar
- Leitmotif: Lorelei has two, representing the duality of her character. For her ladylike, cultured side she has Concord and for her more determinator side she has Hope Never Dies
- Meaningful Name: Her surname "Von Hayek" is a reference to the Austrian economist Friedrich Hayek, who is a part of the school of economics Lorelei subscribes to.
- Meddling Parents: Her Grandfather has raised her from the beginning to be a perfect, cultured lady. At the beginning she's something of a doormat as she's so used to what he wants for her being more important than what she wants for herself.
- Messianic Archetype: So god-damn messiah. Sometimes called out on it by the the other characters. Dahlia uses her as an example of what a hero is (in contrast to herself), Peter buys her cake to thank her for leading and keeping everyone together, etc.
- Morality Chain: To Gita, to an extent (especially when Gita is going Axe Crazy).
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls: She writes terrible self-insert Gurren Lagann fanfiction in addition to running a popular philosophy website, meant to show that she is on the fault line between adulthood and childhood.
- Narm Charm: Her rousing speeches and other such things tend to be this. Comes with the territory of being massively influenced by Gurren Lagann.
- Ojou: She is closer to the first type in that she doesn't lord her status over anyone.
- Overly Long Name: Her full name is "Lorelei Catarina Kurfurstin Von Hayek".
- The Philosopher: Her chumhandle isn't just for show. She sometimes goes off into long-winded philosophical discussions if given a listening ear or competent debate partner.
- Plucky Girl
- Rousing Speech: She has a tendency for these.
- Sesquipedalian LoquaciousnessCAT: Oh god you two are like walls of text machines.
- Shipper on Deck: She tends to ship her compatriots for giggles (including using troll romance concepts when she learns of them). She ships herself with Peter as well.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Starts off as an Extreme Doormat and part of her character development developing a steel core under her silky personality.
- Survival Mantra: "Never retreat! Never surrender! Never look back!" as well as her Catchphrases above.
- Team Mom: Generally keeps everyone from infighting too much, especially Zach and Gita.
- Took a Level in Badass: She becomes FAR more potent a fighter once she has access to Skaian magic.
- White Magic: Uses white magic from Skaia. She is deliberately a foil to both Eridan and Rose from the main story. She could possibly learn how to heal later on.
- "The first thing you should know is that probability does not apply to me and the universe hates my guts."
- Butt-Monkey: The poor kid just seems to screw up so often, through no real fault of his own, that you can't help but feel sorry for him.
- Cool Shades
- Crazy-Prepared: The mirrors in his glasses are one example of this.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Homeschooled Kid
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time: Just throw your games over your shoulder, what's the worst that could happen?
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: CONSTANTLY.
- Out of the Inferno
- Playful Hacker
- Power Incontinence
- Say My Name: Lorelei (and Gita) tend to do this when they're mad at him. Which is often.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: To Gita. Will not end well.
- The Smart Guy: Despite his sometimes inept behavior, he is in fact an engineering prodigy.
- Apologises Alot
- Big Sister Worship: While they aren't related by blood, Lorelei and Gita have a very close, sisterly relationship. Page idolizes Lorelei and it takes some time for her to forge her own identity.
- Bookworm: She spent a lot of time in libraries while growing up homeless. She found solace in the stories those books held.
- Cowardly Lion: She is this at first, but eventually loses the "cowardly" part mostly.
- Leitmotif: Painful History
- Perpetual Poverty: She grew up homeless, subsisting off of the odd jobs her father was able to do.
- Shrinking Violet: Possibly the Most Triumphant Example in this RP, though Peter has some tendencies towards it as well.
- The Woobie
- True Neutral -> Neutral Good: Originally is neutral and doesn't want to try and help her consorts due to fear, but Lorelei's influence pushes her to Neutral Good.
- Ax-Crazy when off her meds, but generally unarmed. She prefers strangling.
- Being Watched is one of her symptoms.
- Berserk Button
- Brilliant, but Lazy - It even shows up in her typing! Also very much Not a Morning Person.
- The brawn of the three females, and also a bit of a fiery redhead.
- Cool Big Sis to the whole team.
- Crazy Awesome.
- Good Is Not Nice - Or Gita certainly isn't. While helpful, she can also be quite cold and hard. Chaotic Good or possibly True Neutral. Cares about her friends and herself, and that's about it. That doesn't stop her from doing good deeds anyways.
- Soul is an awesome power going on, as well as Call on Me. Will likely invoke the Power of Trust at some point. Pstandard Psychic Pstance will be a Thing That Happens.
- I Just Want to Have Friends - She works from home, graduated highschool early, and because of her disorder has a bad rap with people she can meet in person. She's turned to making friends online but also gets harrassed there. Also a bit of I Just Want to Be Normal as the paranoid delusions make things pretty awful for her. Who wants to have to live with a robotic guardian because they can't be trusted to live alone? Also ties into a Friendless Background.
- Incompatible Orientation with Quin (and Lorelei [and Zach, surprising no one but them.]). Unfortunately overlaps with implied parental incest in Quin's case.
- The Lancer to Lorelei's Hero, and like Lorelei also a bit of a badass bookworm.
- Definitely a Type-A Tsundere, towards pretty much everyone. The other girls seem to have better luck getting to her dere-dere side though.
- OR: Oh shIt, don't tell me.
aka overtlyRhetorical -
- CAO: II thiink my braiin ju2t leaked out of my ear2. Do go on.
- Chaotic Neutral leaning towards Chaotic Good.
- The Ultimate Blacksmith
- Has strife specibi of Hammerkind and Armorkind.
- Boisterous Ugly-Cute Bruiser
- The Berserker and a Determinator
- Genius Slob
- One of the guys
- Her name is Lohqua for a reason.
- Extremely Loyal to her friends.
- "Madam Justice calls me to her service, and I, like a soldier being called from leave, must take up my arms and march to battle."
Pythia Socrat, aka alethiologyAncress, teacher and secret rainbow drinker. Also apotropaicAnarchist, revolutionary wanted for numerous crimes including hijacking Imperial communications systems for the broadcast of subversive ideas, murder of various prominent highbloods, causing jailbreaks amongst imprisoned political dissidents, etc. She is a major force in the Alternian Empire, and has stirred widespread popular discontent against the Empire with her ideas. Were it not for the events of Sgrub, an outright armed revolution may have been in the future.
- Anarchy Is Chaos: Averted.
- Back from the Dead: She was culled by the Empire, but luckily was brought back as a Rainbow Drinker. Thus begins the career of blackAA.
- Badass Bookworm
- Came Back Strong: Rainbow-drinkerhood gives her speed and strength far above most soldiers, not to mention given she primarily moves in the day it is incredibly difficult to catch her.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: Green AA is a straight example of this, always preferring to trade something in order to drink blood rather than take. Black AA is friendly to everyone but servants of the Empire.
- Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!
- In the Hood: She always wears a hood to hide her face when going as blackAA, only changing the color of her gear to white when working in the day and black when working at night.
- Lesbian Vampire: Though trolls are naturally bisexual, of course, Pythia's matesprit is a woman (Lohqua).
- The Philosopher: Her greenAA persona is more this.
- The Revolution Will Not Be Vilified: It's hard to find a more just conflict than against the brutal Alterian state.
- Secret Identity: The only ones who know it are her matesprit, Lohqua—who became such through a rather unexpected turn of events—and Felett, who was able to see through her disguise with his echolocation-style powers.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: While her normal persona is certainly very much this trope, her blackAA persona takes this Up to Eleven with a tendency to quote literature, poetry, etc.
- Shorter Means Smarter
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters: The Empire certainly views her as the former. She does, however, go out of her way not to kill any grunt soldiers—merely those in government office responsible for many deaths. She does not try to change public opinion by fear, but by spreading her ideas (often using the same emergency communication systems the Empire uses for other things).
- "[to Lorelei] A lady goes wherever she does, proud, with her head held high."
Lorelei's Grandfather. He is a stern and strict man, yet not without a soft side for his granddaughter. He is an accomplished fencer and wields various rapiers.
- The Professor
- Aunt (DEAD)
Exiles and Others
- "Who's this douchebag?"
The Black Queen's bodyguard and a high ranking law enforcement officer. Doesn't seem to be part of a normal session. Currently possesses a gauntlet that seems to have the same effect as the Queen's ring. That isn't normal either.
- Black Queen
- White Queen
- Longlost Emissary
Guardian/ Temujin Cao
- "So it goes."
A mysterious man with dark brown skin and a sword who seems to be intent on aiding the main characters in some way. He has alluded to a "crisis point" somewhere in the future and is attempting to get onto the good side of the main characters so they will accept his help when that time comes.
- Happily Married: Mentioned in his conversation with Duchess Arc. His wife is dead but he still visits her in Dream Bubbles, so in his eyes he's still married.
- Meaningful Name: Or Meaningful Title as the case may be.
- Mysterious Protector
- Time Master: He has mentioned that he holds the ability to travel through time, much like Peter.
- You forget one thing, " Guardian ".He is already here.
>Finish reading verbose document and return to the main page.