A 38 year old man who recently switched from a job in computers to a teaching position. He's been divorced twice and currently lives alone. John Rook is supposed to monitor his students' online social media activities, to make sure that no bullying takes place.
- Hot for Student: Rook can encourage and fall for Arianna's attempts at having a relationship.
- Locked Out of the Loop: He's completely locked out of the knowledge that Isabella's suicide was not real, but merely a prank.
- Loser Protagonist: Sees himself as this, because he's been divorced twice already and simply became a teacher due to a weird midlife-crisis.
- Older Than They Look: John's pretty hot for someone nearing his forties. Some characters even think he's younger than his 38 years.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Can give a good one to Taylor, if he chooses to chew her out for her behavior.
- Survivor's Guilt: Begins to feel some, after Isabella commits suicide and especially hard when 'Nanasi' begins to follow him and repeatedly ask why he didn't stop Isabella.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Next to Kendall, he's the only person in the cast who has a really uncommon hair color (it's purple).
A cheerful student who comes out of the closet, to no-one's surprise but his own.
- Camp Gay: To the point that, when he comes out of the closet, it's not a surprise to anyone. Except him, cause he didn't know until then.
- Has Two Mommies: He is raised by his Mom and his Ka-san.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Akira breaks up with Nolan, when he thinks that he is forcing a relationship on him.
- Transparent Closet: Really, he was the only one who didn't know until he finally came out. Everyone else already knew.
A student who was instantly smitten with Rook, when he became her teacher.
- Hot for Teacher: She instantly crushes on Rook and wants to pursue a relationship with him.
- Loving a Shadow: Arianna likes Rook because he's hot, smart and thinks he's a gentleman. After only knowing him for two days.
- Manipulative Bitch: Definitely shows shades of this when, after Isabella's suicide, she confronts Rook before class and tells him how lonely she's been since. Then she abuses the comforting hug he gives her to kiss him. Gets especially bad when one realizes that Isabella was never dead to begin with. Arianna can even show up at Rook's apartment later and attempt to guilt-trip him into sex.
- Stalker with a Crush: If Rook isn't forceful enough in discouraging her advances, Arianna can drop by his home when he's busy and is overall repeatedly thinking of ways to get him to love her.
- Umbrella of Togetherness: Pretty much forces one onto Rook in the first chapter.
A bookworm and brainiac, she recently broke up with her girlfriend, Kendall.
- Love Makes You Dumb: She admits that her grades suffered when she dated Kendall. If Rook encourages Charlotte to get back together with Kendall, her assignments begin to lose their previously good quality.
- Meganekko: Always wears a pair of oval-shaped glasses.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Between her and Kendall, she's the girly girl.
A rather quiet student.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Her hair and eyes seem to be the same shade of auburn.
- Driven to Suicide: She commits suicide at the end of Chapter 3. She didn't. It was all an elaborate prank played on Rook, to make him lighten up. Isabella merely left school to move into the boonies.
- Failure Is the Only Option: No matter what Rook does or says during Chapter 3, Isabella will die. Except she doesn't.
- Faking the Dead: Isabella never actually committed suicide. She only moved away.
A snarky student, who recently had a break-up with her girlfriend, Charlotte.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Between her and Charlotte, she's the tomboy. Arianna's shocked to hear that Kendall will wear a dress to the dance.
- Troll: She can't be trolled, according to others. In turn, she tends to troll people - especially Taylor - with 'u mad?'.
- You Gotta Have Magenta Hair: It seems to be her natural haircolor.
Recently broke up with his girlfriend, Taylor.
Recently broke up with her boyfriend, Nolan, and is intent on talking things out with him. In a rather extreme way.
- Alpha Bitch: She is one, through and through.
- It's All About Me: She honestly doesn't consider her actions to be wrong. Especially noticeable if Rook severely chews her out about it.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Subverted. Taylor is merely lying when she sends her apologetic PMs to Nolan.
- Manipulative Bitch: Oh, yes! Exaggerates and lies to Akira, making him think that he is forcing a relationship on Nolan. To the point that Akira feels so guilty, he breaks up with Nolan.
Akira's mother, at least one of them.
- Gratuitous Japanese: The one time she is seen posting on AmieConnect, it's in Japanese.
- Mukokuseki: She's Japanese, but overall doesn't look all that different to the other characters.
- "Reason You Suck" Speech: Subverted. Rook thinks he'll get one of her in Chapter 6, but she doesn't.
- Troll: Played for laughs, Ichigo didn't stop trolling Akira for the entire weekend when he came out of his super-transparent closet.
- Visual Pun: Her AmieConnect profile picture is a piece of strawberry shortcake.
A young woman. She appears shortly after Isabella commits suicide and repeatedly asks Rook why he didn't stop her.
- Meaningful Name: Her e-Mails to Rook always have her carry the name of the protagonist in the previous game. If there is no save file for that game, her name is listed as 'Nanasi' which means 'Nameless'.
- Shinigami: Obviously. She begins to haunt you shortly after Isabella commits suicide. She isn't a Shinigami. She's a friend of Ichigo's, who went along for an elaborate prank.