Character page for Disney Conquest.
open/close all folders
- Beware the Nice Ones: Shani has several moments where her patience is pushed too far, and she lashes out verbally. Though it's usually justified.
- The Cutie: Shani is a favorite among the players of Conquest for this reason. She is an overall good character morally, though she does have her moments, especially after becoming one of the leaders for the Dawnseekers.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Shani has been through hell and high water since the war started, one of the biggest blows being the death of her mother, an event that was completely avoidable and unnecessary.
- Facial Markings: Shani has three darker brown spots on her face, two under her right eye, one under her left.
- Heroic BSoD: After the events of "RUN", the loss of another parental figure leaves Shani kind of running on auto pilot for a while.
- Oblivious to Love: Shani's a bit oblivious to Kiara's feelings for her at first, mostly because she can't see the metaphorical hearts in Kiara's eyes.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Drops this on Kopa in the aptly named thread The False King.Kopa: (angrily) What's your problem with me anyway?
Shani: (sighs) Where do you want me to start, Kopa? Your attitude, for one. You act arrogant, you don't take other people's feelings into consideration, and your tone of voice is always just so... so... ugh. Even now, I can hear it in the inflections in your voice. You always sound like your whining, or angry, and you have no idea how grating that can be. Geez, you really remind me of your dad sometimes...and trust me, that's not a compliment.
Kopa: Well...I already knew that!
Shani: (annoyed) If you already knew that, why did you ask?
Kopa: That not why you detest me though. It's something worse. What is the real reason you hate me? (pushes her)
Shani: Look at you, pushing people around just like Simba did. Your dad wasn't a good lion Kopa, and you really are following in his pawsteps. In case you forgot, Simba let a bunch of Freedom Fighters die when he ordered the assasination on Jafar. He sent my mom to her death that day! Do you get it now Kopa?! I HATE your dad! I'm GLAD Jasper had him killed!
Picture © bivile
- Bald of Evil: Unless you want to count his fin.
- Evil Laugh: Takes some getting used to.
- Fat Bastard: And quite comfortable being so.
- Genius Bruiser: Despite having atrophied somewhat since his royal guard days, the Gourmand is still quite strong.
- Parental Abandonment: His father tried to kill him, and his mother is out of the picture. In turn, the Gourmand isn't the most attentive to his own children, including Slugsworth.
- Ray Gun: Basically what his turrets are.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: They even glow when he gets really angry.
- That Man Is Dead: Renames himself with the title, the Gourmand, to disassociate with the society that burned him since his previous name, Brutus, was given to him by the Atlantians.
- Beware the Nice Ones: While the events of "R U N" has greatly affected him with the trauma of learning Kiara and Kanzi are his half siblings and the traitorous nature of Nala and everything else, he is still nice to others. But threaten the Dawnseekers or his family, he will fight against someone.
- Famous Ancestor: From Askari the first Lion Guard Leader, to King Mufasa, to sadly Scar and his parents (and others), Kion and his family have a number of famous ancestors both recent and not so recent.
- Half-Sibling Angst: Learning that his twin, Kiara, and Kanzi are only his half siblings via Simba mating with Jasper, caused him great angst. He also is unsure as to why his father had Kiara and Kanzi with Jasper and not Nala.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Kion greatly takes after his father's side and some of his mother's side, but some traits as of late seem to be of a more early resemblance up in the family tree...
- Turn Out Like His Father: Subverted to a degree. Kion is afraid of becoming like Simba in his later years due to Simba's growing insanity and his unjust actions before he was killed. He is also afraid of becoming like his mother due to her actions.
- Warrior Prince: Literally, as he is the leader of the Lion Guard still.
- Cute Kitten: Despite being almost full grown, Michi still has a petit size, making her look kitten-ish.
- Badass Adorable: She's spunky, and cute, and ready to kick your ass.
- Delinquent: After being left on the streets by her previous owners, Michi developed a bit of a troublemaker personality. While it's mostly just meant as harmless fun, her antics have gotten her in trouble before.
- Gratuitous French: Being the King of France, this is to be expected.
- The Leader: Clopin is the leader of the Rogues, as well as the new King of France. No, we don't know what happened to the old King, it's fine, just forget about it.
- Adaptational Heroism: In a bit of a contrast to canon, Hades is a bit less over the top villain in Conquest. While his ultimate goals of taking over the cosmos, and sticking it to his family for treating him like a joke are still there, being thrown into the events of the war have re-ordered his priorities a bit. That said, if he were to come across Hercules somewhere on the battlefield, he would take the opportunity to eliminate that thorn in his side.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: While not quite to the extent of how he is in canon, it would still not be advised to push his buttons.
- Number Two: Hades holds the adviser position, alongside Jenn, the two being second only to Clopin.
- Adorable Abomination: Her much more powerful "True" form is actually not as eldritch as it is cute. (It's also not her true form, just an alternate, more powerful one)
- Angelic Beauty: Subverted. Despite being an angel, Jenn is actually quite average looking.
- Asexuality: She is confirmed ace, as well as pan-romantic. Her later relationship with Hades is a case of Chastity Couple, which both characters are perfectly fine with.
- Badass in Distress: In the "First Battle" thread, Jenn gets attacked by Nasira in giant Cobra form, who ends up putting the angel out of commission for a few days due to the injuries.
- Number Two: Jenn holds the adviser position, alongside Hades, the two being second only to Clopin.
- Purple Is Powerful: Purple is a key colour in her design. Her wings, her hair, some of her outfits, and depending on how angry she is, her eyes may even have a purple-white glow to them.
- Winged Humanoid: Comes with being an angel, though she can make them invisible to pass as a normal human.
- Covered with Scars: She's been through quite a bit, with the scars to prove it.
- Back from the Dead: He is brought back by Nasira and later by Clopin in "As Above, So Below".
- Cain and Abel: After Clopin accidentally resurrects Jafar and discovers the latter has amnesia, Clopin brainwashes and pits Jafar against his sister Nasira.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Dressed in villainous black and red.
- It's All About Me: He's completely obsessed with his own personal power and gratification.
- Adaptational Heroism: Though Maleficent is still unapologetically evil, she takes little pleasure in punishing her subordinates and is accommodating to those who serve her well.
- The Beautiful Elite: Maleficent is described as beautiful by quite a few people.
- Cruel Mercy:
- When Thomas shows up late to orientation, Maleficent decides to show Thomas mercy, or so she says. Poor Thomas.Maleficent: I think for now Thomas here deserves a little mercy. It is only his first day, and I'm excited to proceed. So we'll merely cut down his rations for the week, hm? No food, limited water.
- She decides to keep Perthmail's punishment discreet.Maleficent: I've learned my lesson, and now I need to make sure you learn yours, Perthmail. But there's no need to make a grand show of it. We'll keep your little lapse under wraps, hm? Just between you, those involved, and I.
- When Thomas shows up late to orientation, Maleficent decides to show Thomas mercy, or so she says. Poor Thomas.
- Deadpan Snarker: For the entirety of "Lost in a Memory."
- Devil in Plain Sight:Maleficent: (to Thomas) I'm sure you're convinced that I'm a devil woman who wants to see you suffer.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: When she's about to hurt someone, her eyes glow.
- Horned Humanoid: Maleficent's horns are revealed to be real in "Into the Dragon's Den."
- Jerkass Has a Point: When Thomas completes his sentence, Maleficent explains to him why she punished him so severely:Maleficent: You know, Thomas, I do not like being cruel. This past week was an exception. You see, your infraction had been in front of the entirety of my Legion. I need you to understand that I couldn't have you setting a dangerous precedent.
- Pragmatic Villainy: Maleficent has Thomas reassigned to an easier role not for the boy's sake, but to keep him out of trouble.
Second picture © purple-winged-angel
- Always Second Best: To Crow. Nasira is initially passed over as Maleficent's second-in-command in favor of Crow because of Nasira's past affiliation with Jafar and Maleficent's favoritism toward her "pet."Maleficent: Nasira, I see you as a dependable woman. Powerful. Competent. Out of all my overseers you are the one I see most potential in. I had briefly considered to elevating you to Jafar's position...(Beat) However, your loyalties...my trust in you...I couldn't be completely confident in. So I called upon Crow to take up the position as I have known him for many, many, years and know that he is infallible in my service.
- Ambiguously Human: Nasira appears humanoid, but the heavy use of snake motifs and her ability to transform into a giant cobra implies that she may be a monster.
- Character Tics: If she's feeling nervous, Nasira may fiddle with her jewelry or wring her hands.
- A Glass of Chianti: Nasira is sometimes seen drinking a glass of red wine.
- Interspecies Romance: With Maleficent, since she's a fairy.
- I See Dead People: Being a necromancer, she can see and talk to ghosts.
- Lean and Mean: She's tall and spindly in build.
- Lipstick Lesbian: While Nasira can be aggressive, she is not masculine.
- Love Makes You Dumb: The mere mention and/or sight of her crush can make Nasira kind of ditzy.
- Meaningful Name: Her name means "helper" and "one who gives victory."
- Overly Long Name: The people in the Seven Deserts use patronymics instead of surnames. She prefers her laqab al-Taweel ("The Tall.")
- Soul Eating:
- Nasira has the power to absorb souls and utilize them. This is treated as a fate worse than death, as the victim is unable to move on to the afterlife since there's nothing left to send there.
- Nasira almost does this to Hikaru in "The First Battle," but Kopa saves her by the skin of his teeth.
- Nasira consumes Aladdin's soul in "Goodbye, Street Rat."
- The Stoic: She's usually calm and collected.
Picture © lalupine
- Adaptational Villainy: Sarafina, a minor character in her debut film, is a full on Lady Macbeth and Manipulative Bitch. She is also shown to be indifferent to her daughter's death.
- Happily Married: To Scar until his death and Zira.
- Outliving One's Offspring: Her daughter Nala was bludgeoned to death by Crow.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She looks a lot like her daughter, Nala.
Pictures © purple-winged-angel
- Bat Out of Hell: Shiloh's alter ego is a piebald bat.
- Blood Lust: Shiloh, since...y'know, vampire.
- Daywalking Vampire: Sunlight makes Shiloh uncomfortable, but it won't kill her because she's half human. She also wears shades to protect her eyes.
- A Glass of Chianti: Shiloh does this, but it's not wine - it's blood.
- Lesbian Vampire: Shiloh is gay.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: At worst, he's kind of greedy.
- Armor-Piercing Question: In "Coup de Grâce" when Tucker attempts to reassure Thomas that Maleficent will ultimately save them from the Rogues Thomas points out her absence:Thomas: Then where is she?
- Crippling Overspecialization: Thomas can shoot a gun, but that's about it.
- Denied Food as Punishment: Thomas shows up fifteen minutes late to orientation, so Maleficent makes him go a week without food.
- Doom Magnet: Bad things to tend to happen to him.
- Nervous Wreck: Thomas is tense and jumpy and frequently second-guesses himself. He gradually grows out of this though.
- Non-Action Guy: Though Thomas is still a full fledged ghazi, he works in the infirmary as Edgar and Morren's assistant.
- Strong Family Resemblance: He takes after his father.
Picture © Titanic-Wyvern
- Affectionate Nickname: Mostly to the leaders and those in charge. As shown in Coup de Grâce, she calls Maleficent "Evil Boss Lady" and Nasira "Undead Boss Lady". She does know their names, but the nicknames are better in her mind.
- Fish People: As to what kind of fish person she is... No one knows. Not even Nereus knows, but she doesn't really care.
- Motivation on a Stick: Bribe Nereus with food (especially meat), and she will do anything for that food. Just make sure that the food isn't literally in your hand. You will likely lose a finger or two.
- No Social Skills: Sort of. They know how everything works underwater since she used to live underwater, but on land and all that... They're as dumb as a brick at the moment.
- Affably Evil: Crow always conducts himself with professionalism and is polite and reasonable, but he will straight-up murder you if Maleficent orders it.
- Ambiguously Human: Crow is implied to be a fairy-esque creature.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: He's always sharply dressed.
- The Consigliere: To Maleficent.Crow: If I may be bold, Mistress, what is your plan of action?
Picture © Vero
- Ambiguously Evil: Edgar is a deranged sociopath, but he's not actively malevolent. He's usually hospitable and seems to be a "glass half-full" kind of person.
- Back-Alley Doctor: It's not entirely clear if he's licensed, but he's scarily good at his job.Maleficent: I have confidence in our current surgeon's abilities. A fellow called Edgar. He's a bit unorthodox, but his knowledge is great.
- Out of Focus: Edgar disappears after "Kiss the Boo-boos, Make them Better."
- Dishing Out Dirt: As Gaia is their mother both in the rp and from the original myths, Python has some power over the earth and plants in general. But their power is pretty weak still due to being dead then not dead, but that may change...
- Dragon with an Agenda: While Python is neutral and seeking revenge against Apollo and the Greek Gods in general, they likely wouldn't mind working with someone with the same agenda, but with their own plans.
- Everyone Is Related: This rings very true, at least to Python. They are descended from Gaia, and are related to at least three characters in the rp, such as Hercules, Rhea, and Hades (via Rhea). Don't say Greek Myths are anything but interesting!
- Who's Your Daddy?: Subverted. There is no mention of Python's other parent in their associated myths, and the only listed parent is Gaia. Thus, in the roleplay, this applies as well. Python also doesn't really care, and well, classical myths were very weird in general.
- Year Outside, Hour Inside: Python was killed by Apollo in a case of mistaken identity, and it took a few hundred years for them to come back with the help of Gaia.