open/close all folders
Sovrano - Great Demon Lord of Gluttony
To see tropes related to Sovrano, check out Coal And His Family
Lilithmon - Great Demon Lord of Lust
To see tropes related to Lilithmon, check out Coal And His Family
Daemon - Great Demon Lord of Wrath
To see tropes related to Daemon, check out Coal And His Family
Lucemon - Great Demon Lord of Pride
- A God Am I: He has a bit of a god complex, seeing himself as perfect and everyone else as beneath him. It doesn't exactly help that he's one of the most powerful Digimon around either.
- Bad Boss: He doesn't really care about his subjects unless he has a pressing reason to and isn't afraid to wipe them out if they do something he doesn't like, such as rushing off to help one of Lilithmon's soldiers and abandoning his current mission, an action that had Lucemon sending out Duskmon to kill the unlucky minion.
- Bishounen: He's rather good-looking with fair features, making the fact that he's rather, well, evil stick out all the more.
- Dark Is Evil: Half of his entire design is black and he's one of, if not the evilest member of the Seven Great Demon Lords, which is really saying something when that list includes the like of Leviamon or Barbamon.
- Demon Lords and Archdevils: Lucemon is the Great Demon Lord of Pride.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: His design, as it's supposed to accentuate the fact that Lucemon is a being of both light and darkness.
- Flight: Those wings of his aren't just for show.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: As part of his visual look, he's got four pairs of wings, four of them being soft-looking angel wings while the other four are sharp-looking devil wings.
- Icy Blue Eyes: They can be rather threatening, especially since Lucemon usually has this look on his face when he talks to people, as if he's looking down at a particularly bothersome worm.
- Jerkass: Shown to be an exceptionally temperamental digimon under his polite facade, as he watched Impmon's interactions and early adventures with Coal as a way to gain ammunition to mock the nascent Demon Lord.
- It is also all but confirmed by Lucemon himself that he tampered with the events surrounding the tournament the Demon Lords were hosting in order to punish Coal for refusing his offer to leave Lilithmon's/Impmon's service and work for Lucemon. This directly resulted in Coal's sister figure forcefully digivolving into a Devidramon when she used Dark Chips that had been disguised as healing items.
- Knight of Cerebus: All comedic or humorous elements just tend to utterly vanish when Lucemon makes an appearance, along with everything getting a whole lot more serious.
- Light Is Not Good: His design is an equal mixture of both light and dark but that doesn't stop him from being a prideful monster who'd destroy anyone who slighted him.
- Man of Wealth and Taste: He's constantly decked out in regal-looking clothes, making him stand out from his other, more demonic or bestial-looking Demon Lords.
- Mercury's Wings: He has an angel wing and a demon wing for ears, along with wings on his boots.
- Occult Blue Eyes: He's got blue eyes and he's very clearly demonic, being named after Lucifer/Satan of all beings.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Easily able to change the very landscape with his attacks, as befitting of the strongest Demon Lord.
- Pride: It's his sin as a Demon Lord and he has a rather inflated version of it. From not taking no to a serious degree to wiping out Digimon for the smallest reason, one could argue that his sense of pride is rather fragile if it weren't for the fact that he does have a lot to be proud of, being the strongest Demon Lord and all.
- Rule of Seven: Along with his fellow Demon Lords, they all number out to seven, one for each of the Seven Deadly Sins.
- Satan: He's pretty much the Digimon equivalent of Lucifer, hence the name Lucemon.
- Seven Deadly Sins: Seeing as he's one of the Demon Lords, he naturally embodies one of them. Lucemon in particular embodies the sin of Pride, one so strong that, were if one person were to even slightly step on it, even unintentionally, he would go to great lengths to utterly wipe them out.
- Smug Snake: Usually treats just about every situation, and everyone, with either a condescending attitude, smug superiority or both.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Oddly enough, he's the strongest among the Demon Lords and leagues above Mega-level Digimon but he's only an Ultimate-level Digimon himself.
- Winged Humanoid: Eight of them, in fact: four angel wings and four devil wings.
- With Friends Like These...: None of the Demon Lords really like each other at all, all of them being more than ready to start a little in-fighting or directly opposing one another if it benefits them. Lucemon in particular seems to look down on his fellow Demon Lords, only really having somewhat good relationships with Leviamon, who seems to share in his Sadist tendencies or Barbamon, who shares his lack of morals.
- Would Hurt a Child: He doesn't seem to mind when his minions kill and torture helpless Rookie, In-Training or even Fresh Digimon, the latter two of which are essentially just babies.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: Seeing as Lucemon is both a divine and demonic being, he definitely qualifies, along with the yin-yang symbolism of his entire design.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Decides to have Duskmon kill Arbormon, his own soldier, when the latter abandons his current mission to help out his friends.
Barbamon - Great Demon Lord of Greed
- Authority Equals Ass Kicking: As a demon lord he sorta has to be this to both control his army and to have originally obtained his Code key of greed from the original.
- Badass Beard: A Mega Level digimon with facial hair? Enough said.
- Beard of Evil: He has an extraordinary long beard that goes surprisingly well with his theme as a evil sorcerer and it emphasis his dark nature.
- Evil Counterpart: Is this to sovrano, one of the youngest demon lords and is the weakest when compared to his two allies, is a magic user who specializes in fire and is extremely greedy and protective to things that belong to him.
- Evil Sorcerer: A demonic magic user who holds on to the title demon lord of greed.
- Femme Fatalons: A male example with long sharp nails on all ten of his fingers
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: The bad kind he has three pairs of red demonic wings.
- Greed: As the demon lord of greed its kinda his thing for this to be his theme.
- Humiliation Conga: When on attempt to kill another potential demon lord of greed he ended up being maimed by a weakened crippled before being beaten back by two ultimate level digimon a baby demon lord and three recent champions. After losing the fight and being unable to move they go in for the killing blow only to realize he's still to tough so they spend a few minutes beating on his downed form before dying... Eventually.
- Instantly Proven Wrong: When he was about to kill reycom Barbamon assumed they would let him be since it was only a in-training level and there are countless others. This is proven instantly wrong when Rain jumps in stopping him and then being dog pilled by Coal his troops Sovrano and obviously Rain.
- Irony: His attempts to destroy another possible future demon lord ended up with him being temporary killed by the combined efforts of three possible demon lords.
- Kick the Dog: In one of his more prolonged appearances Barbamon was attempting to kill Reycom for the single fact he has the potential to become the demon of greed.
- Magic Staff: He carries around a dark magic staff with a skull and covered with spikes.
- Playing with Fire: It seems to a thing with him since he has an powerful attack with Prominence beam and once showed up out of a huge wall of flames.
- Terrible Trio: Is a part of this with Lucemon and Leviamon making up one of the two power blocks in the demon lord factions.
- Wrong Assumption: Thinking he could easily kill Reycom with his parents right there because he was just an in-training digimon and they can easily acquire more.
Leviamon - Great Demon Lord of Envy
- Bad Boss: Many of his soldiers are very much afraid of him and with good reason as he doesnt tolerate failure combined with the fact he has a bad temper meaning the majority of his men stay with him out of fear.
- Kick the Dog: Even after Rain was at the point she could barely fight back Leviamon continued to physically abuse Rain. He even emotionally abused her with the death of her husband pointed out how worthless she was and insulted and twisted everything Rain could possible take pride in.
- Making a Splash: As a digimon based on the biblical Leviathan its to be expected he's also powerful enough that he considers Rain's own power over water to not be up to stuff to even harm him.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: Has a mouth filled with a large quantity of teeth that stretches from end to end.
- Multiple-Tailed Beast: Has the appearance of an fantasy crocodile with twin tails.
- Never Smile at a Crocodile: He has the appearance of a red two tailed crocodile and singing joyfully while torturing Rain.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: He is a crocodile looking digimon who is the demon lord of envy so its to be expected. It doesnt help that his first appearance in quest was drawn out beating of the quest wifu.
- Scary Teeth: Extraordinary large digimon with enough large teeth that could scare anyone.
- Shout-Out: An aquatic creature who enjoyed beating on people weaker then them and seem to enjoy singing while beating on the local equivalent of a demigod is a reference to Tamatoa from the disney movie Moana.
Belphemon - Great Demon Lord of Sloth
- Heavy Sleeper: He tends to be asleep the majority of the time and the only time he was seen active in quest was when their was a chance machinedramon was going to get the hazard.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Belphemon possesses a powerful roar that is said will kill any digimon ultimate and below. Which with his sleep mode attack Eternal nightmare this rumor might have some credibility.
- Seven Deadly Sins: The demon lord in possession of the code key of Sloth.
- Sleep-Mode Size: While sleeping Belphemon is in a sleep based form which explains his title as the demon lord of sloth since he doesn't do anything while in this form. He's only active during events of great importance and its only then when he leaves this mode.
- Unstoppable Rage: When in rage mode Belphemon is this according to many since he goes from a sleeping beast who does nothing to a titan of destruction incarnate who will only stop once he goes back to sleep.