The Warrior Ten (十闘士 — "Juttoushi") are a group of ten Digimon that battled Lucemon when it rebelled in ancient times. In defeating Lucemon, they themselves lost their lives, but they were able to seal Lucemon away and their power lived on in the form of the "Human" and "Beast" Legendary Spirits. Futhermore, their traits were inherited by many different Types of Digimon that came after.
Tropes that apply to more than one of the Warrior Ten or the group as a whole:
- Badass Crew: The original Badass Crew in the Digimon mythos.
- Death by Origin Story: Their deaths are the origin story for the Legendary Spirits (and consequently all Hybrid Digimon) as well as the different digimon their abilities were passed on to.
- Elemental Powers: Each one and their respective spirits represents one of ten elements. In some cases, however, they overlap, as is the case with AncientGarurumon and AncientMegatheriumon and AncientGreymonand AncientVolcamon.
- Ghost Memory: Digimon Frontier depicts their wills living on in the Spirits themselves, and in the end, they gain a form of Reincarnation.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Every one of them, except for AncientGreymonand AncientGarurumon gave their lives to seal Lucemon away.
- Monster Progenitor: Each one passed their abilities onto different kinds of Digimon, thereby affecting the forms and abilities they have today.
- Two Girls to a Team: AncientIrismon and AncientMermaimon are the only two feminine digimon in the group.
Possessing the attribute of Thunder, it is one of the legendary Ten Warriors Digimon that saved the ancient Digital World. An Ultimate who existed only in the distant past, it has an appearance fused from many insects such as the rhinoceros beetle and the stag beetle. Its shell has a hardness rivaling that of Chrome Digizoid, so the falx on both of its arms can cut through anything, and it can easily lift up objects hundreds of times its own weight. Ancient Beatmon's abilities were later passed on to the "Insect Digimon".
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: The falx on its arms are capable of cutting through anything.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: The aforementioned falx.
- Dub Text: Its dub name makes it out to be an ancient version of Beetlemon, the Hybrid that evolves using the Human Spirit of Thunder that's known as Blitzmon in the original version. The Japanese name makes no such connection due to the fact that it uses Blitzmon for the Hybrid form.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: Its eyes are on its lower body, on the part that resembles the head of a stag beetle. In other words, on AncientBeatmon's crotch.
- The Faceless: Look at him closely. That's right. AncientBeatmon has no face.
- Hostile Weather: "Calamity Thunder", which causes thunder and lightning on the level of a "super disaster".
- Japanese Beetle Brothers: It incorporates aspects of both main beetle archetypes into its design.
- Kamehame Hadouken: How it's depicted firing "Tera Blaster" in the second Digimon Battle Spirit game.
- Mix-and-Match Critter: A humanoid rhinoceros beetle's torso mounted centaur-like on a stag beetle's body.
- Our Centaurs Are Different: It's a beetle-centaur! That's got to be a new one.
- Shock and Awe: Its attacks are themed around thunder and electrical shocks.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Its name should really be "AncientBeetmon".
- Thunder Beetle: Chronologically, it's the franchise's very first electrogenic beetle monster. This is particularly notable as, since AncientBeetlemon is said to be the ancestor of all future insect Digimon, the prominence of Shock and Awe powers is future lines of beetle Digimon is likely directly caused by AncientBeetlemon's association with electricity.
- Up to Eleven: Its "Tera Blaster" attack, which is said to be a thousand times more powerful than HerakleKabuterimon's Giga Blasternote .
Possessing the attribute of Light, AncientGarurumon is one of the legendary Ten Warriors Digimon that saved the ancient Digital World. An Ultimate who existed only in the distant past, it is called the "Supreme Shining Beast". Ancient Garurumon's abilities were later passed on to the "Beast Digimon". It is said that in the previous crusade, it survived to the end alongside Ancient Greymon, and sealed away Lucemon.
- BFS: The Sharpness Claymores.
- Defiant to the End: It and AncientGreymon were the last ones standing in the battle against Lucemon and ultimately defeated him, even after the others had apparently fallen.
- Fusion Dance: The Digital Monster Card Game shows that it and AncientGreymon are able to fuse into Susanoomon.
- An Ice Person: Despite "ice" being under the purview of AncientMegatheriumon, AncientGarurumon has ice-based powers too; its "Absolute Zero" attack involves him halting the movement of electrons with super-cold air and a ray of light, to freeze its opponent whole.
- Mix-and-Match Critter: AncientGarurumon's appearance is a combination of various details from the Human and Beast Hybrids of Light, Wolfmon and Garmmon. This is due to the fact that the toys for said Digimon were designed to be able to be rebuilt into their respective member of the Warrior Ten and their Advance Hybrid.
Possessing the attribute of Flame, AncientGreymon is one of the legendary Ten Warriors Digimon that saved the ancient Digital World. An Ultimate who existed only in the distant past, it is told that its strength surpasses that of current Ultimates, and it is certainly an "Ultimate" being. Ancient Greymon's abilities were later passed on to the "Dragon Digimon" of the Greymon-species. It is said that in the previous crusade, it survived to the end alongside Ancient Garurumon, and sealed away Lucemon.
- Armored Dragon: It wears a mix of Agnimon and Vritramon's armor.
- Breath Weapon: See Fireballs below. Also seen in this card's artwork◊.
- Defiant to the End: It and AncientGarurumon were the last ones standing in the battle against Lucemon and ultimately defeated him, even after the others had apparently fallen.
- Elemental Absorption: "Gaia Tornado" is described as being created the same way that WarGreymon's "Gaia Force" is, with AncientGreymon drawing heat from the earth itself.
- Fantastic Nuke: According to its Digimon Reference Book description, its Omega Burst attack has a blast radius measured in kilometers.
- Fireballs: "Omega Burst" is depicted as this in the second Digimon Battle Spirit game, with a dose of Breath Weapon.
- Fusion Dance: The Digital Monster Card Game shows that it and AncientGarurumon are able to fuse into Susanoomon.
- Hot Wings: They appear to be partially made of flame, anyway, and they seem to drop embers instead of feathers in various artwork. In others, they're shown being Wreathedin Flames.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Its lore makes it explicit that it is more powerful than modern-day Megas. As for the 'red' part, check its artwork chumbuddy.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: AncientGreymon's appearance is a combination of various details from the Human and Beast Hybrids of Fire, Agnimon and Vritramon. This is due to the fact that the toys for said Digimon were designed to be able to be rebuilt into their respective member of the Warrior Ten and their Advance Hybrid.
- Nonstandard Character Design: One of two "Greymon"-type digimon portrayed as a quadruped.
- Our Dragons Are Different: An "Ancient Dragon" digimon. As the various kinds of Greymon are usually depicted as Dinosaurs, this overlaps with Dinosaurs Are Dragons.
- Playing with Fire
- Shoulder Cannon: It has Vritramon's "Rudriya Darpana" weapons on its shoulders.
- Sphere of Destruction: How "Omega Burst" is described in its profile.
- Tornado Move: "Gaia Tornado", naturally.
An Ancient Bird Man digimon that possesses the attribute of Wind, AncientIrismon has golden wings and a beautiful rainbow-colored figure. With those wings, it soars across the vast skies of the Digital World, and that by erecting rainbow bridges, it can also travel freely through the earth and sea as well. AncientIrismon's beauty and abilities were later passed on to the "Bird Man" and "Fairy" type digimon.
- Blow You Away: Its element is Wind.
- Cool Sword: Equipped with what appears to be a rapier. It's not involved with any of her named attacks.
- Death of a Thousand Cuts: Her attack in the second Digimon Battle Spirit game, which doesn't match up to any of her named attacks.
- Dub Text: Its dub name makes it out to be an ancient version of Kazemon, the Hybrid that evolves using the Human Spirit of Wind that's known as Fairymon in the original version. Its Japanese name makes no such connection.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: Both in its ability to create rainbow bridges, and its "Rainbow Symphony" attack.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: "Rainbow Symphony", a rainbow-colored laser.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: It has multiple, golden-colored wings.
- Hostile Weather: Her "Storm Gazer" technique summons a gigantic storm.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Named for Iris, the Greek goddess of the rainbow and a messenger of the gods.
Possessing the attribute of Ice, AncientMegatheriumon is one of the legendary Ten Warriors Digimon that saved the ancient Digital World. An Ultimate who existed only in the distant past, it is said that the power and bravery it possesses can adapt even to the intense cold of the freezing tundra. With an attack of absolute zero it suspends the atomic movement of every object, and it easily destroys even the eternally frozen gigantic icebergs. Ancient Megatheriumon's abilities were later passed on to the "Mammal" and "Ice-Snow Digimon".
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: It has a vambrace on each of its legs.
- Artistic License Paleontology: Megatherium was a giant ground sloth, but AncientMegatheriumon is a Pelorovis, an extinct genus of African wild cattle.
- Braids of Barbarism: It has a number of these on its sides.
- Determinator: Characterized as such in its profile.
- Freeze Ray: "Freezing Blizzard", which involves firing a blizzard at absolute zero.
- Power Crystal: It has one on its shoulders right behind its head.
- Ramming Always Works: "Great Snowplow", which is a forward charge that can destroy icebergs.
- Shoulder Cannon: It has a number of them lined up along the length of its upper body.
- Vertebrate with Extra Limbs: It has six pairs of legs under all that fur.
Possessing the attribute of Water, AncientMermaimon is one of the legendary Ten Warriors Digimon that saved the ancient Digital World. An Ultimate who existed only in the distant past, it is a guardian goddess of the birthplace of Digimon, the Net Ocean. It rules the whole of the far-reaching Net Ocean, and is able to handle all water, such as the ocean currents and tidal waves, as if they were its own limbs. It is said that countless continents and islands have been erased when Ancient Mermaimon felt angry. Ancient Mermaimon's abilities were later passed on to the Aquatic Digimon.
- Abnormal Ammo: "Crystal Billow" involves firing crystalized water like bullets at the enemy.
- Bowdlerize: After the tsunami in Japan, her profile on the Digimon Reference Book was edited to remove any references to tsunamis, waves, or sea-bound destruction.
- Bling of War: The Flavor Text for one of her "Digital Monster Card Game" cards describes her scales as illuminating the sea.
- Eye-Obscuring Hat: Her helmet slopes down to cover all parts of her face above her mouth.
- Making a Splash: She's the Warrior who embodies Water, and indeed her attacks all involve weaponized hydrokinesis.
- Prongs of Poseidon: Being a powerful entity closely tied to water and the oceans, she wields an ornate trident as a weapon.
- Winged Humanoid: She sports a pair of finlike wings. They stick out a bit, considering AncientMermaimon is tied to the water and not the air.
Possessing the attribute of Darkness, it is one of the legendary Ten Warriors Digimon that saved the ancient Digital World. An Ultimate who existed only in the distant past, it is set at the opposite extreme to Ancient Garurumon as a being born from darkness. It rules over the destruction and annihilation of all existing or living things, and is feared as the Deadly Dark Beast. Ancient Sphinxmon's abilities were later passed on to the Mythical Beast and Demon Beast Digimon.
- Badass Beard: Has a an Eygptian-pharaoh styled one on its chin.
- Breath Weapon: "Dark Blast", which involves spitting out a big ole' glob of darkness from its mouth.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Stretches this trope to its utmost. It rules over destruction and annihilation, Necro Eclipse involves death as a key aspect, it has Red Eyes, Take Warning...
- Gold Makes Everything Shiny: Uses gold as a secondary color.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: A pair of golden, metallic-looking wings.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: AncientSphinxmon's appearance is a combination of various details from the "L" and "K" Hybrids of Darkness, Löwemon and KaiserLeomon. This is due to the fact that the toys for said Digimon were designed to be able to be rebuilt into their respective member of the Warrior Ten and their Advance Hybrid.
- Perpetual Frowner: In pretty much all of its artwork, save for this one◊ from Digimon Collectors where AncientSphinxmon does its absolute best to resemble LOLCats.
- Power Crystal: On its forehead.
- The Red Baron: Called the "Deadly Dark Beast".
Possessing the attribute of Wood, AncientTroiamon is one of the legendary Ten Warriors Digimon that saved the ancient Digital World. An Ultimate who existed only in the distant past, it boasts of the greatest size among the Ancient Digimon. Various mechanisms are set within its body, and it displays tricky attacks and movements. Ancient Troiamon's abilities were later passed on to the Plant Digimon.
- Bamboo Technology: AncientTroiamon is essentially a Giant Mecha built out of wood and Bronze Age technology.
- Chest Blaster: "Surprise Cannon" fires large shells from its chest and mouth cannons.
- More Dakka: "Epeius Gimmick", which fires every single cannon on its body.
- Trojan Horse: Based on the Trope Namer. Other Digimon can't hide in it, but the mythological horse's purpose is alluded to in AncientTroiamon being a tricky and deceptive fighter.
Possessing the attribute of Earth, AncientVolcamon is one of the legendary Ten Warriors Digimon that saved the ancient Digital World. An Ultimate who existed only in the distant past, it has the most power among the Ancient Digimon. There is always high temperature magma welling up inside its body, which becomes the source of its mighty power. Ancient Volcamon's abilities were later passed on to the "Ore" and "Mineral" types of Rock-species Digimon.
- Antimatter: Its profile says that it generates this in order to perform "Supernova".
- Dishing Out Dirt: You would think this an Informed Ability, but remember: magma is molten stone, not fire.
- Explosion Propulsion: Uses this in performing "Atomic Bomber", courtesy of the volcano on its back erupting.
- Horned Humanoid: By a generous definition of "humanoid", anyway.
- Playing with Fire: "Big Bang Fire", though that could be magma it's firing.
- Scary Teeth: Has a mouth full of sharp fangs.
- Stuff Blowing Up: "Supernova".
- Wrestler in All of Us: "Atomic Bomber" is a lariat-type technique.
GattaiAncientVolcamon is a form of AncientVolcamon that appears in Digmon Xros Wars after an AncientVolcamon absorbs a number of Meramon.
- Chest Blaster: The volcano on its back has rotated to form this.
- High-Pressure Emotion: Its face has turned an extremely angry-looking red color.
- Man on Fire: Gains flaming arms and legs due to absorbing Meramon.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: As opposed to normal AncientVolcamon's yellow ones.
- Up to Eleven: It's "Super Big Bang Fire" now!
Possessing the attribute of Steel, AncientWisemon is one of the legendary Ten Warriors Digimon that saved the ancient Digital World. An Ultimate who existed only in the distant past, it is the wisest person in the Digital World. Due to the Akashic Records which record all of the excellent intellects of ancient times, it is said that there is nothing which Ancient Wisemon doesn't know. It is a sage that possesses the knowledge of the distant past, but can also forecast the distant future. Also, it is said that Ancient Wisemon's mirror body is connected to another universe (a different world). Ancient Wisemon's abilities were later passed on to the Mutant Digimon.
- Akashic Records: Mentioned in its profile.
- Bedsheet Ghost: Not a ghost exactly, but AncientWisemon is more or less a living outfit; he doesn't even have limbs, traditional hands, or a lower body.
- Extra-ore-dinary: An Informed Ability as far as its element, Steel, goes. None of AncientWisemon's attacks involve Steel or metal at all.
- Magic Mirror: Has what appears to be on for its "torso".
- The Omniscient: It knows everything and can see the future. Specifically called omniscient in the Flavor Text of one of its Digital Monster Card Game cards.
- Phantom Zone: "Laplace no Ma" entails AncientWisemon trapping the opponent in the "spirit world".
- Power Crystal: Has one on its hat.
- Punny Name: It's a pun on "wise man" and the -mon suffix that traditionally ends Digimon names.
- Robe and Wizard Hat: Not just what it's wearing, but what its entire body seems to be.
- AncientWisemon resembles a Black Mage from the Final Fantasy series.
- "Laplace no Ma" is a reference to "Laplace's Demon", the first articulation of determinism to be published, which was put forth by Pierre-Simon Laplace. Its Special Move "Elder Sign" is a reference to the "Elder Sign", a magical symbol created by the Elder Gods as a form of protection against the Great Old Ones in Cthulhu Mythos.
- Summon Magic: "Elder Sign", which summons an evil god from the spirit world.