A list of Digimon at the Hybrid level.
Hybrid Digimon were introduced in Digimon Frontier, and are an artificial stage obtained through Spirit Evolution. Digimon can reach these stages by using the powers of the Legendary Spirits; however, these Digimon are unique in that they can also be achieved through humans that the spirits choose to be their partners.
As the dub is sometimes inconsistent, the Digimon are listed by their Japanese names, with their English name(s) listed second.
Tropes applying to these Digimon as a whole:
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of their respective elements, in the defensive Human and offensive Beast forms.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": The elements are represented by stylised versions of their names in kanji.
- The Corruptible: The Darkness, Earth, Wood, Water and Metal Spirits were stolen and corrupted by a fallen Cherubimon.
- Elemental Powers: A more direct example compared to Digimon in the Armor Level.
- Fusion Dance:
- The Human and Beast spirits can be fused into a single spirit, combining the strengths and balancing the weaknesses of each. Only Aldamon, Beowolfmon, and Raihimon resemble their previous forms, and the Earth, Steel, Water and Wood Fusions have yet to be revealed.
- The Transcendent Hybrids are the combinations of the Earth, Flame, Ice, Wind and Wood sprits (KaiserGreymon) and the Darkness, Light, Steel, Thunder and Water spirits (MagnaGarurumon).
- When all 20 spirits are combined, Susanoomon is created.
- Power Levels: Depending on what spirit(s) are used, they are classed under certain levels, reflecting how powerful they are.
- Additionally, the Xros Wars manga shows that some Human Hybrids can Digivolve into either their Beast or Fusion forms.
- Tactical RockPaperScissors: Zigzagged regarding attributes. Hybrid Digimon's attribute are Variable, where they can change their variables to match their opponents'. However, this still makes the Hybrid Digimon neutral against the opponent.
- Uniqueness Decay: Being the personifications of the Human and Beast sides of the Warrior Ten and the remnants of their souls, there used to be only one of each. Come Xros Wars and there's multiple instances of them seen.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Controlling a Beast spirit recquires immense concentration in most cases.
The Digimon listed here are categorized by the Elements they are under. For Entries for their ancestors, see the page for the Warrior Ten. Susanoomon, despite not being classified as a Hybrid, is listed here due to being the combined form of all of the spirits.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire element:
- Expy: Of the Greymon line in general and WarGreymon in particular. It's mostly in small ways such as Agnimon's mask and Aldamon's Brahmashira attack, but the English materials refer to Vritramon as BurningGreymon to drive home the reference.
- Hot-Blooded: All of the forms have this, Agnimon is the only one who attempts to rein it in.
- Playing with Fire: Used in all of his forms.
- Sigil Spam: All of the forms in his evolutionary line except for Vritramon have a stylized fire Kanji somewhere on their person.
A Digimon that possesses power over Flame which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. Because its "Digicore" is wrapped in the Spiritual Fire which is called a holy blaze, it is able to freely manipulate flames. It is an incarnation of the "Firewall" that defends the Net, and is a guardian deity. Because of its easily fired-up personality, it has a soldier-like aspect that practices mental training with yoga exercises, and its way of speaking is somewhat archaic, like a kenpo artist. In battle, it fights by freely using Oriental martial arts, and accumulates flames at one point of its body with a trick that focuses its spirit, to raise its offensive ability.
Agnimon and its other forms are associated with Takuya Kanbara.
- Anime Hair: Very long and very spikey, though it's not an unusual color.
- Cool Mask: Its design evokes WarGreymon's horns.
- Cute Little Fangs: Has these, although cute may not be the right word.
- Elemental Punch: His Burning Salamanderdub attack can be used as a punch or as a ranged attack.
- Facial Markings: Two red lines on either cheek.
- Fiery Salamander: Invoked with his attack names.
- Rubber-Forehead Aliens: Agnimon has fangs, red Facial Markings and '80s Hair. His boots are also designed to accommodate claws instead of toes.
- Spam Attack: His Fire Dartsdub has him throwing small bits of fire at its target from its gauntlet.
- Supernatural Martial Arts: While he trains his body and sharpens his mind, he is able to improvise his fiery powers while fighting.
- Tornado Move: His Salamander Breakdub attack covers him in a fiery tornado.
- Wreathed in Flames: His Salamander Break attack creates a fiery tornado by emitting fire from the armor on his shoulders, wrists, knees and ankles.
A Digimon that possesses power over Flame which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. This firefighter has skin that can withstand high temperatures and the ability to move even through lava, and snuffs out flames with instant, explosive blazes. It is said that it was born from active volcano research data, and it is thought that it contains an immeasurable, unknown energy. The name of the fire dragon, who is considered the nemesis of the thunder god Indra of Indian mythology, is embodied in its ferocious nature. The more heroic its tactics and the more powerful the opponent is, the more it burns with combativeness. It also has a reckless side that doesn't understand retreating, even in a disadvantageous fight.
- Arm Cannon: One on each wrist.
- Hot Wings: Whether they're normal wings or made of fire depends on the artist.
- No Kill Like Overkill: It snuffs out flames with explosions.
- Our Dragons Are Different
- Spam Attack: His Corona Blasterdub attack fires numerous bullets of fire from his arm cannons.
- Wreathed in Flames: His Flare Storm dub attack involves him lighting his armor on fire and flinging some of said fire at the enemy.
A Digimon that possesses power over Flame that has transcended legend by inheriting all the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors and acquiring unknown abilities. Although it makes many enemies with its rough behavior, its name is derived from the fused form of a god of Indian mythology, and since it possesses both the wildness of a beast and the intelligence of a human, it is a Demon God that fights by converting anger or fear into righteous strength. In battle, it unleashes super-wide ranged attacks that melt everything then burn it up without a trace. This aspect has enough destructive power, in that moment, to bear a close resemblance to the menace of modern nuclear weapons
- Anime Hair: He has Agnimon's.
- Arm Cannon: He has Vritramon's.
- Cool Mask: He has Agnimon's.
- Facial Markings: Identical to Agnimon's.
- Fireballs: His Brahmashiradub throws a large one at a target. His Brahmastradub attack spam-fires smaller ones from his arm cannons.
- Hot Wings: He has Vritramon's wings, so Depending on the Artist.
- I Love Nuclear Power: Or Aldamon's, given its powers were compared to it.
- Mix-and-Match Man: It's a combination between Agnimon's head, Vritramon's torso and a more even mix on its limbs and armor.
- Spam Attack: His Brahmastra attack is basically an upgraded version of Vritramon's Corona Blaster.
A Transcendent-species Digimon that possesses power over Flame which is said to have surpassed even the might of the legendary Ten Warriors. It is said to bear the power of the nine dragon's veins that flow through Gaia, and it has been prophesied that if it can restrain the might of the nine dragons, it will demonstrate unfathomable ability and even be able to rule Gaia. It is said that, in order to control their power, it possesses the "Ryūgonken" in which the dragon's souls are sealed.
- Dragon Knight: His type is Dragon Warrior of which he is the sole member.
- Expy: Of WarGreymon. While his line references WarGreymon in various ways, KaiserGreymon is directly based on him.
- Shaping Your Attacks: Its Kuzuryūjindub creates several streamers of fire in the shape of dragon heads. Not surprising since the attack's name translates as "nine-headed dragon formation."
- Shoulders of Doom: Has some pretty impressive dragon-shaped ones.
A Digimon that was transformed into a half-beast, half-man form when Agnimon lost its power. It is missing the "Combat Instinct" that Digimon naturally possess, and moreover, it has lost power. However, it is a being that has inherited a Spirit of the legendary Ten Warriors who possess ultimate strength, so although it has lost power, ordinary Adult-class Digimon aren't a match for it. If anything, it has kindness inappropriate for a Digimon and is similar to an Adult Digimon, counterbalancing its mischievous part.
- Facial Markings: It has white markings under its eyes.
- Fireballs: It can throw them.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Flamon may have lost some of its power, but it's still capable of fighting Champion levels.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire element:
- Expy: Of the Garurumon line. The dub even renamed a few moves to pick up themes from Garurmon's attacks
- Light 'em Up: Uses a few light based attacks in all forms.
- Noble Wolf: All of the forms in his evolutionary line look at least somewhat canine.
A Digimon that possesses power over Light which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. The lavender parts all over its body are Saint Amethyst, in which holy light is contained. Due to the holy light, the amethyst retains its extraordinary hardness as long as it keeps its righteous spirit, but the second a negative spirit arises in the possessor, it becomes brittle. It is the possessor of a chivalrous spirit that puts its life on the line for the things it believes in, and hates injustice. Because Wolfmon is taciturn and doesn't really like to concern itself with others, it often has the impression of being cold and unfeeling, but it is actually a kind-hearted warrior.
Wolfmon and its other forms are associated with Kouji Minamoto.
- Arm Cannon: He can fire laser shots from his.
- Dual Wielding: He uses two Laser Blades at once from which he can fire a ball of light from when cross-slashing in his Zwei Siegertranslation .
- Eye Beams: Capable of using them.
- Gratuitous German: All of his attacks are in German, just like his counterparts.
- Laser Blade: His Weapon of Choice.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Wears one of these.
A Digimon that possesses power over Light which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. It is capable of moving at extremely high speed, perhaps because it was discovered on an optical communication Net, so it slips through the bullets to get close to the enemy, and then its sharply-pointed claws and fangs tear through those it considers evil without wasting its breath. As the possessor of a righteous heart becoming the name of Garmr, who fights with the war god Týr at Ragnarok in Norse mythology, its feelings of hatred for evil are stronger than that of others. Although it will never obey those whose hearts are even slightly evil, once it has sworn its allegiance to someone it will never betray them.
- Breath Weapon: Fires solar energy-lasers from its mouth with Solar Laserdub .
- Canis Major: The Beast Spirit of Light and the resident Garurumon stand-in.
- Expy: Of MetalGarurumon in particular.
- Irony: He's named after Garmr, a massive dog that guarded the underworld in Norse mythology, along with Hraesvelgr (amusingly, the namesake of Velgrmon).
- Punny Name: Its Japanese name is a combination of Garmr and Garurumon.
- Rollerblade Good: He has rollerblade wheels on his feet which he uses in his Speed Star dub attack.
A Digimon that possesses power over Light that has transcended legend by inheriting all the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors and acquiring unknown abilities. It is a strong-armed warrior that possesses both the wildness of a beast and the intelligence of a human, and can easily swing down its double-bladed greatsword "Trinität"translation with one hand. In battle, it coolly sizes up the situation and fights without getting heated up, but it believes in the way of the warrior, of fighting for its comrades and challenging strong opponents. It has the "Roland 2" missile pod on its left hand for use in long-range combat, and specializes in both long-range and short-range combat.
- Arm Cannon: It fire missiles now, too.
- BFS: Its sword is made from Garummon's wing blades with a hilt made from its tail.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Its Arm Cannon sends a small one along with a laser beam.
- Mix-and-Match Man: It's Wolfmon with Garmmon-like armor.
- Shaping Your Attacks: Its Zweihänderdub attack creates a giant wolf made of energy.
A Transcendent-species Digimon that possesses power over Light which is said to have surpassed even the might of the legendary Ten Warriors. It specializes in moving at light speed, and when its aviation unit is equipped it is able to fly at subluminal speeds. Also, its chest armor, its long-range firing "Sniper Phantom" on its right arm, and its mid-range firing "Strike Phantom" on its left arm are capable of being detached, although this decreases a portion of its firepower. By spinning at high altitudes, the "Laser Sights" on its chest are capable of locking onto all anti-air and anti-ground targets, so as soon as it spins at an extremely high altitude and confirms its targets, it commences a full-scale attack. It seems that it's already too late to escape from Magna Garurumon.
- Arm Cannon: It uses two that it can detach when it runs out of ammo.
- Laser Blade: It has one, but doesn't use it as much as Lobomon
- Macross Missile Massacre: One of its attacks.
- More Dakka: It has missiles, cannons and machine guns at its disposal.
- Shed Armor, Gain Speed: It can only use its Starlight Velocity attack after detaching its armor and guns.
- Shoulder Cannon: It has a laser gun on each shoulder as part of the chest armor.
- Super Speed: Starlight Velocitydub utilizes this.
A Digimon that was transformed into a half-beast, half-man form when Wolfmon's power was halved. Because it has not lost its "Combat Instinct", unlike the similar half-beast, half-man Flamon, it has a ferocious side. For that reason, although it has the appearance of a Child Digimon, it will sometimes rampage enough to be out of control even for the typical Adult. As with Flamon, although its power was decreased, it seems that Adult-class Digimon aren't a match for it.
- The Berserker: Unlike with Flamon
- Foil: To Flamon, as degenerated forms of the Sprits of Flame and Light.
- Light 'em Up: Can use light in his Licht Nageltranslation and Licht Beintranslation attacks.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Like Flamon, it's capable of throwing down with Champion level 'mons.
- Recurring Element: Although Strabimon never appeared in Frontier, it's the Rookie form of the Spirits of Light, the canine Digimon line native to that series.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire element
- An Ice Person: Ties in with Animal Motifs, where they're based on animals living in cold places.
- Animal Motifs: Ties in with An Ice Person, as the trio are respectively a polar bear, a yeti, and a penguin.
A Digimon that possesses power over Ice which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. It styles itself as holding rank as a member of a polar army's polar region defense force. Since it replies that the matter's top secret if you ask anything about it, the truth is unknown. It's thought to be largely something it dreamed up. However, its operation of the Launcher it carries (nicknamed Romeo) and its precision conduct in battle are genuine, and its survivalist knowledge also has a strong, truly reliable existence. Since it rarely acts of its own volition, it primarily operates in response to someone's requests or orders. It will have nothing to do if nobody is relying on it, and is likely to worry about its purpose in life and get completely depressed. The shots fired from its Launcher are special snowballs, so there are several varieties according to purpose.
Chackmon and its other forms are associated with Tomoki (Tommy) Himi.
- Abnormal Ammo: His weapon is a snowball cannon.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The little to Blizzarmon's big.
- Breath Weapon: Has an ice-based breath attack called Kachikachi Kocchindub .
- Cheshire Cat Grin: A lot of his official artwork has him sporting this expression.
- Dub-Induced Plot Hole: Bearmon's dub name in Digimon World 3 was Kumamon just like this guy, and the game came out around the same time as Frontier.
- Facial Markings: A red line on either side of his face.
- I Call It "Vera": His snowball cannon is named "Romeo".
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: The smallest Human Spirit, it's about the same size as Flamon and Strabimon.
- Shapeshifter: With Tsurara Laladub , it melts and transforms into a variety of objects such as stalagmites.
- Shout-Out: Its armor bears an immense resemblance to the MS-06 Zaku II. Chackmon's teddy bear symbol is an homage to screenwriter Chiaki J. Konaka, according to both Konaka himself and a post on the Digimon Web Twitter account. During his youth, Konaka and his brother made the movie Kuma-Chan (1992); the titular bear from that movie has been described by Konaka as the brothers' symbol and "calling card", and the symbol was present on Konaka's business card at the time of Chackmon's creation.
A Digimon that possesses power over Ice which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. It's closer to recklessness than dauntless courage, but in any case it's a ruffian overflowing with desire and ambition. It's powerfully curious and a show-off, so it's pretty frivolous. On the brink of battle, it always pauses to offer a prayer to the god of ice and snow in which it believes, then shouts the names of its Special Moves and something humorous. However, in practice, it is being shrewd and is closely observing the opponent and terrain, heightening its advantage in combat.
- An Axe to Grind: Two of them, in fact.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The big to Chackmon's little.
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: Filling in the Yeti part of the trope.
- Blade Spam: His Avalanche Step dub involves swinging his axes numerous times and all of the hits connecting at once.
- Braids of Barbarism: Has five or six, Depending on the Artist, which he uses in his Gletscher Torpedo dub attack.
- Combat Tentacles: He can use his braids as these.
- Dual Wielding: He uses a pair of axes in this style.
- Expy: Blizzarmon combines features of both Ikkakumon and Zudomon.
- Facial Markings: On either side of his face and on his forehead.
- Named Weapons: His axes are called "Eji" and "Oji" both of which translate to black.
- Non-Malicious Monster: Putting it mildly. Apart from Shutumon, Frontier shows it as being the easiest one of the main five Beast spirits to control, with Tomoki getting ahold of it after a brief and vigorous dance.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Cracks jokes before attacking to distract its opponents from the fact that it's sizing them up.
- Religious Bruiser: Prays to its snow & ice god before battle.
A Cyborg Digimon that possesses power over Ice that has transcended legend by inheriting all the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors and acquiring unknown abilities. Although its wings have degenerated, by flapping the gigantic "Kakikaki-kun" hunk of ice held in its right hand and the "Kochikochi-kun" held in its left, it seems it can momentarily fly in the air. It's free from care because it is able to manufacture both its popsicles on its own even if they melt away.
- Dual Wielding: Popsicles instead of the axes that Blizzarmon uses.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: Seems to be the reasoning behind its design.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The Dai in DaiPenmon is the Japanese word for "great" or "big". Daipenmon is a giant penguin.
- Improbable Weapon User: It dual-wields popsicles.
- Lethal Joke Character: It looks absolutely ridiculous, but as it's a Fusion Hybrid it's as strong as a Mega.
- Named Weapons: It's popsicles are called "Kakikaki-kun"dub (the pink one) and "Kochikochi-kun"dub (the blue one).
- Our Giants Are Bigger: It is by far one of the largest, if not the largest Hybrid Digimon.
- Palette Swap: Two of its attacks (Ichigo Death and Blue Hawaii Death) involves dipping its opponent in different colored syrup then striking. The strawberry flavored one freezes enemies that are struck with it.
- The Stoic: Rarely seen without a bemused expression, in stark contrast to its components.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire element:
- Bare Your Midriff: Applies to all Digimon under this element including AncientIrismon.
- Ms. Fanservice: JetSilphymon is the only one of them to have armor and even then, it shows her midriff. The other two just have very revealing outfits.
- Winged Humanoid: Fairy wings for Fairimon, bird wings for Shutumon and engines that come out of JetSilphymon's armor and are shaped like wings.
A Digimon that possesses power over Wind which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. It freely manipulates the atmosphere to display mirages to its opponents, and specializes in attacks that generate "Kamaitachi" made from vacuums. However, it is more proficient in information warfare than in actual combat ability. Although it has an innocent personality brimming with curiosity, and is a gossipy, talkative troublemaker, because it has no ill will for the person, it isn't really hated. It is thoroughly optimistic, and is the possessor of a strong heart that cuts its way through small difficulties with a smile.
Fairymon and its other forms are associated with Izumi (Zoe) Orimoto.
- Ass Kicks You: Two of its attacks involves this.
- Blow You Away: Her Brezzo Petalodub attack produces streams of wind from its fingers and flings them at the enemy.
- Kick Chick: Most of her attacks are kicks.
- Facial Markings: A green line on each cheek and on each side of the forehead.
- Fairy Sexy: Just look at that outfit.
- Gratuitous Italian: All of its attacks are in Italian.
- Hurricane Kick: Can do a Spinning Bird Kick-esque attack
- One-Way Visor: Has one of these.
- Wind Is Green: Downplayed — Fairimon has green as a secondary color, but the Wind element is represented by lavender.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is lavender in color.
A Digimon that possesses power over Wind which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. At a glance, it looks like a composed adult woman, but although it perplexes its opponents with its languid behavior, it actually has an impish personality that loves to capriciously embarrass people. It does things like purposefully telling its opponent unhappy fortunes or startling them. In battle, it seldom takes the initiative and helps out, but although you don't see its efforts, it will sometimes risk the possibility of getting into trouble. Once it feels so inclined, it glides freely through the sky, manipulating the wind and knocking out the opponent with a secret Mesopotamian spell.
- Ambiguously Human: A human-like being classified as a Beast? It does seem to have birdlike feet.
- Bird People: Even though she more of a Winged Humanoid.
- Cute Monster Girl: Just as fanservicey as her previous form.
- The Fair Folk: It looks a delicate Mysterious Waif, but it confuses its opponents in battle and you can never tell whether it is willing to help you in battle.
- Hair Wings: Her hair is shaped like this.
- Ninja: She has shades of this, due to her wearing a Cool Mask and a Scarf of Asskicking, and also for being a Fragile Speedster.
- Troll: It like to disturb or startle its opponents.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Short blue-hair shaped like wings.
A Digimon that possesses power over Wind that has transcended legend by inheriting all the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors and acquiring unknown abilities. By taking in wind and using the wind's power, it is able to fly about the sky like a jet aircraft. Also, like the wind, its form cannot be seen as it moves through the sky.
- Cyber Ninja: Has a Ninja-like design like Shutumon, but with aircraft-based technological equipment such as a jet headgear, a pair of mechanical wings on her back and miniature engines on her arms and legs.
- Improbable Weapon User: A gigantic pinwheel which it uses in its Ultra Turbulence attack.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: The exact same shade as Shutumon's hair.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire element:
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Subverted. Just like their ancestors, they are based on bugs, but Blitzmon is a heavily-armored humanoid and Bolgmon is entirely mechanical.
- Expy: To the Kabuterimon line, though to the less extent compared to Fire and Light. All the digimon are based on the long horned beetle like Kabuterimon, and Bolgmon and RhinoKabuterimon are in the Kabuterimon family, though the former is only by English name (it was dubbed MetalKabuterimon).
A Digimon that possesses power over Thunder which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. Its keen movements, unbecoming of its large build, are a technique to form a high voltage current running throughout its body. It generates a special magnetic field that produces an anti-gravity state in its vicinity, and is capable of high-speed movement. Its overflowing thunder power comes out as sparks from various parts of its body, and although Blitzmon looks mechanical, its personality is, in contrast, expressive and human. Its language is trollish, but it additionally conveys excess warmth. In battle, its underwater mobility is weak due to the nature of its wrestler-like style.
Bolgmon and its other forms are associated with Junpei (J.P.) Shibayama.
- Elemental Punch: His Thor's Hammerdub in which it claps its hands together, electrifying them, and swinging them down on the opponent.
- Flight: The only member of his evolutionary line known to be able to fly.
- Ground Punch: Its Mjölnir Thunderdub attack is to charge its fist and pound the ground, releasing a burst of electricity along the ground.
- Horn Attack: Its Lightning Bomberdub attack in which it electrifies its horn then dives towards the enemy.
- Wrestlerin Allof Us: His main fighting style.
A Digimon that possesses power over Thunder which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. It has a cautious and prudent personality because it was discovered in a defense system created in reference to the Scarab treasure chamber in the deepest part of a pyramid. During battle, it patiently serves as a shield for its comrades using its sturdy armor and endures the opponent's attacks, but if it reaches its critical point it will go on an intense offensive with all of its gunports until even the opponent's form is reduced to nothing. Because its heavy weight lowers its mobility, it is basically the one in charge of logistical support. However, in close-range battles it obliterates the opponent with its various armaments.
- Arm Cannon: Has two small normal arms and two cannon arms which are much more prominent, from which it can fire its Ultimate Thunderdub attack.
- Energy Weapon: Its "Field Destroyer"dub attack has it fire off a positron laser from its head-turret.
- Mighty Glacier: It is incredibly slow, so its tactic is to just tank enemy attacks, then obliterate them with its retaliation.
- Tank Goodness: Has tank treads and is the bulkiest member of its evolutionary line.
- Unusual Weapon Mounting: Has an even bigger cannon on its head.
A Digimon that possesses power over Thunder that has transcended legend by inheriting all the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors and acquiring unknown abilities. It has such a gigantic body and a heavy shell that it could be mistaken for a Dinosaur. It has the ability to generate a special magnetic field with ultrahigh voltage electric current, and is able to freely manipulate it using its gigantic horn. Although rushing techniques are its specialty, it doesn't actually come into contact with the opponent, but instead tosses them away with that special magnetic field.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: The only insectoid member of this evolutionary line. It's big enough that apparently it can be mistaken for a dinosaur (though it isn't).
- Mix And Max Critters: While it is definitely an insect Digimon, it does have a ceratopsid-style frill around its head.
- Wave-Motion Gun: Capable of charging its horn with electricity and firing said electricity off in a powerful beam with its Thunder Laserdub attack.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire element:
- All Trolls Are Different: Both are partially influenced by folkloric trolls.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Which is more noticeable with Gigasmon then it is with Grottemon.
- Gag Nose: They both have huge noses.
A Digimon that possesses power over Earth which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. Various weapons and armor are brought to life from its large hands and thick fingers, and its craftsmanship is practical yet artistic. The Grotte Armor that it wears and its main weapon, the Grotte Hammer, are both the handmade Grotte-brand. It prefers to act alone since it hates being ordered about, however its artisan pride is such that once it recognizes someone's true merit, it will obediently abide them, and immerse itself in its own work. Although it's not very intelligent, its pride towards its work is intensely high and it has a strong tendency to take the opponent lightly.
- Drop the Hammer: His Weapon of Choice for use in his in his Snake Eye Break dub and Jack in the Box attacks.
- Mook Maker: It can create Golemon from the earth around it, then gets them to do its bidding.
- Our Gnomes Are Weirder: As a kobold-like earth elemental, Grumblemon has a lot in common with folkloric gnomes.
- Taken for Granite: Its Snake Eye Break attack turns enemies to stone, then smash them with its hammer.
- Ultimate Blacksmith: Described as such by his cards.
A Digimon that possesses power over Earth which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. It is an earth giant that materialized by coalescing soil from the ground and the components of the atmosphere. During the moment of its materialization, it quenched at a high temperature, and its skin changed to one of super-hardness surpassing that of ceramics. Its personality and thoughts are arrogant according to Grottemon. Due to it becoming gigantic, it has become more overconfident and its tactics are also extremely violent. Basically, because it makes light of its opponents, it thinks that fighting them is boring and will often yawn during battle.
- Ground Punch: His ultimate attack Earthquakedub , is a double fisted one powerful enough to leave a crater.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: His name is derived from gigas, the Ancient Greek word for "giant".
- Smug Snake: It was already plenty arrogant when it was Grottemon. Being bigger and stronger have just made it even more obnoxiously arrogant. It's so bad that even Grottemon is annoyed with it.
- Spin Attack: Its Hurricane Bomberdub attack.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire element:
- Bamboo Technology: Both Arbormon and their ancestor AncientTroiamon embody the element of Wood by being complex mechanical constructs built entirely out of wood.
- Green Thumb: They embody plant life — in some rather unorthodox ways, in AncientTroiamon and Arbormon's cases — and most of their attacks involve the manipulation of plant life in some form or another.
A Digimon that possesses power over Plant which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. The blueprints of a medieval, wooden karakuri puppet converted into its data, so its gimmicks are surprisingly archaic. You can't tell what it's thinking due to its lack of facial expression and being taciturn, and it is usually treated literally like a puppet by its comrades, but once a battle begins, it makes sport of the enemy with its keen and tricky movements. It is able to shoot strong ivy from the tubes on its back and manipulate the opponent like a marionette. Although its skin is made to be fireproof, its internal parts and joints are vulnerable to fire.
- Bamboo Technology: Is listed as a cyborg type, despite being made entirely of wood.
- Cephalothorax: Its mouth is the hole in the middle of its torso.
- Extendable Arms: One of its attacks involves extending all of its limbs and swinging them at a target.
A Digimon that possesses power over Plant, which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. Countless buds sprouted from Arbormon's surface and suddenly grew, and it changed into a form like a giant lizard with plants over its surface. Although it's just like Arbormon, where you can't tell what it's thinking due to its lack of expression, it possesses a great appetite which is the exact opposite of Arbormon, who doesn't require food. When it opens its mouth, it sticks out its ivy-like tongue and swallows anything. When it swallows its prey, the branches on its back grow and it grins eerily just at that moment. Its physical attacks are its branches and tail-whip. It scatters sleep-inducing spores from its moss, which acts as its skin.
- Breath Weapon: Leaf Cyclone, which fires a leafy whirlwind out its nose or from its flower frill.
- Combat Tentacles: Thousand Spikedub causes its tail to sprout roots through the ground to trap or attack enemies.
- Our Dragons Are Different: It's a wingless Wood elemental, has leaves covering its body and has twin tails that can be jabbed into the ground to ambush its enemies below.
- Your Size May Vary: In Digimon Frontier, it's the size of a large house. In Digimon Adventure: (2020), it's big enough to contain an entire forest on its back.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire element:
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Both forms have red eyes, although Ranamon's are sometimes depicted as orange and acted as a villain in the anime.
- Water Is Blue: Represented by the color blue.
Digimon that possesses power over Water which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. It has a sharp intuition and an unstable mood probably because it was formed in an area that was mostly active in a section of the ocean within a weather forecasting system. Its emotions are erratic; when it feels good, it shows off how graceful and lady-like it is, but when it gets upset, it cries hysterically like a baby. In battle, it rarely attacks directly, and mainly does so indirectly by manipulating rain. However, since its combat abilities are intense when it is emotionally overwrought, its attacks are especially uncontrollable while it is crying.
- Acid Attack: Jealousy Rain creates a an acidic cloud that dissolves the enemy.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her navel is visible.
- Cute Monster Girl: A frog, water nymph hybrid and very cute.
- Our Fairies Are Different: Of the water nymph variety.
A Digimon that possesses power over Water which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. It has a half-human, half-beast appearance, and its tentacles are used for offense and defense, doing things like attacking the enemy by rapidly spinning them, or guarding its body by converging them to form a wall. If it reaches a stalemate by attacking and defending with its tentacles, its body retracts into its mantle and it performs a powered-up attack with its giant squid figure. The flexibility of its mantle is superior to that of its tentacles, so external physical attacks are ineffective. Although it is good at operating underwater or in the air, on land, it manipulates its ten tentacles skillfully and moves like a huge hermit crab.
- Acid Attack: She can spit this from her mouth with her Nero Corsodub .
- Flying Seafood Special: She's a girl/squid hybrid-thing that can fly.
- Gonk: Downplayed, as it's specifically in contrast to Ranamon. It's not hideous per say, but it definitely pales in comparison to the much cuter Human Spirit. It likely has something to do with the fact that her bottom half is a literal squid head. Her EX Card in Digimon Collectors is cuter than regular Calmaramon, though.
- Spin Attack: Titanic Chargedub .
- Super Spit: Calamaramon can spit Hollywood Acid.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire element:
- Extra-ore-dinary: Their supposed element, but it's not reflected in any of them.
- Eyeless Face: Mercuremon has a mirror with lips for a face and Sephirothmon has eyes everywhere except on its central and "head" spheres. Digimon Frontier used the Zero Unit symbol on the "head" sphere to make Sephirotmon more expressive.
- Mutant: All Digimon under this element are Mutant Type. Justified as they are descended from AncientWisemon, who is an Ancient Mutant Digimon himself.
- Translation Train Wreck: Referred to Gold in some translations, like in the D-Spirit.
A Digimon that possesses power over Steel which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. It acts as an advisor among the Evil Warriors, to whom it imparts its wisdom. Due to its aristocratic tendencies, it often obsesses over making sure things are done to its liking; this obsession carries over into battle, where it explains its tactics and the splendor of the equipment it uses one by one. While its brilliant mind allows it to come up with various strategies, at the same time, it often ends up arguing with itself in a fast-paced soliloquy because of it. The powerful mirrors on both of its arms are referred to as the Irony no Tatetranslation , and they reflect any damage dealt to it by the opponent's attacks back at the opponent. It also utilises a peculiar trick where it reflects itself in its mirror, then proceeds to enter the mirror and vanish without a trace.
- Catch and Return: Its main method of attack.
- Eyeless Face: Its face is a mirror with a mouth on it.
- Magic Mirror: Used for attacking and teleportation.
A Digimon that possesses power over Steel which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. It possesses thinking like that of a machine, which lacks emotions. By instantly analyzing the enemy, it accurately points out their weaknesses. However, it is very fragile when the enemy makes an action that falls outside of its calculations. Its ten spheres each have the same attribute as the other Warrior Ten, and are able to perform attacks with, and conversely, absorb attacks with those attributes. When the enemy's attack misses or its own attack hits, it gives out a low-pitched, creepy laugh from its eerie mouth.
- Elemental Powers: It's able to manipulate incoming attacks of all 10 of the elements through its spheres.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: Has them on all but the central and "head" spheres.
- Our Monsters Are Weirder: It's a living parody of the Sephirot tree, covered in eyes.
- Power Copying: Its main strategy is to copy the attacks of others.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: All eight of them are red.
- Tension-Cutting Laughter: Inverted—His laughter is described to be rather creepy. Not to mention it happens when it's about to return what it's attacked with.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire element:
- Dark Is Evil: Duskmon and Velgrmon, being Made of Evil, are utterly repugnant and unpleasant.
- Dark Is Not Evil: By right, especially when their ancestor was heroic and fought against Lucemon's oppression.
- Evil Counterpart: Perhaps more of a "dark counterpart", but the non corrupted spirits of Darkness appear to be this to the spirits of light, appropriately enough. The Human Spirit is humanoid in armor themed after a mammalian apex predator, their Beast Spirit is a quadrupedal robotic version of that same animal, and the Fusion form is their Human Spirit wearing parts of their Beast Spirit as armor.
- Expy: Löwemon and KaiserLeomon are obviously this to the Leomon line, with KaiserLeomon in particular resembling SaberLeomon. In Frontier, they're even victims of the Running Gag of Leomon dying every season.
- Gold Makes Everything Shiny: The Löwemon line uses a lot of gold in their armor.
- Gratuitous German: All of the attack names for Löwemon's evolution line are in German. Duskmon's attacks also have German names. Averted by Velgrmon for some reason
- King of Beasts: Not counting the corrupted versions, the entire line has a lion theme.
- Panthera Awesome: With their lion motifs.
- The Sacred Darkness: Duskmon and Velgrmon hold corrupted darkness, while this element is supposed to be pure darkness.
A Digimon that possesses power over Darkness which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. The regret of various extinct species of Digimon and the "Forbidden Data" on the Net transformed into intense dark energy, and coalesced into Duskmon. The dark energy exists in order to oppose the light of holy beings, and the one who possesses power over Light is the flip side of the same coin. It has a thoroughly evil personality, so it is both callous and cruel. It is the possessor of demon lord-like dignity that is overflowing with perfectionism and confidence. It is invincible in battle when wielding its swords, and does not hesitate with its inhuman attacks. By the way, due to the ability of the three heads and seven eyes on its armor to act on their own as if they were separate creatures, true evil is sealed in them.
Duskmon and its later evolution are the dark form of Koichi Kimura.
- Beam Spam: His Geist Abenddub fires a total of nine beams. He gets a variation on the attack called Death Gaze, which fires only the seven beams, in Digimon Rumble Arena 2.
- Black Knight: A demonic one in contrast to the heroic Löwemon.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: His gauntlets conceal extendable blades.
- Evil Counterpart: To Löwemon.
- Extra Eyes: Has several all over his armor.
- Eye Beams: Geist Abend fries beams from the eyes on his armor and from his hands. Death Gaze just uses the eye-beams.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: He has seven eyes in different spots on his armor and he can use them to look around.
- The Fighting Narcissist: It hates turning into Velgrmon because it thinks that form is ugly and irrational.
- Mind Probe: His GedächtnisstörungDeu ability lets him read minds.
- Named Weapons: His attached blades are called "Blut Evolution"Deu .
- Rage Helm: Similarly to Löwemon's, the eyes on his helmet are purely decorative.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Both his regular eyes and the ones on his armor are red.
- Technicolor Blade: His blades are red.
A Digimon that possesses power over Darkness which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. It has the appearance of a monstrous, colossal bird, and due to its baleful appearance and nature it is called the "Corpse Swallower". It transforms from Duskmon into fine particles, then comes flying out of a sky shrouded by the massive black fog they became. The intensely proud Duskmon hates transforming into the ugly, irrational Velgrmon, so it doesn't show its Velgrmon appearance unless under extreme circumstances. In normal battles, its main tools of combat are its claws which have a tendency to blind the opponent, and its fangs which can crunch even metal.
- The Berserker: Why Duskmon doesn't like to transform into it.
- Combat Pragmatist: It tends to blind its enemies while fighting.
- Evil Counterpart: To KaiserLeomon.
- Extra Eyes: It has a third eye in the middle of his head.
- Eye Beams: His Master Of Darknessdub attack fires a beam from his third eye.
- Eye Scream: How it uses its claws.
- Feathered Fiend: He's a carrion bird, considering he's based on Hræsvelgr. It also somewhat resembles prehistoric proto-birds, having a long tail and teeth
- Gratuitous English: Both of his attacks have English names instead of German ones.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over
- Shaping Your Attacks: His Zone Deleterdub attack draws a circle on the ground, which closes up into a dome that looks vaguely like a frowning face before exploding.
- Toothy Bird: It has a beak lined with sharp teeth, as part of its overall slightly draconic look.
A Digimon that truly inherited the "Spirit of Darkness" of the legendary Ten Warriors. The "Spirit of Darkness" was changed into its Duskmon form due to Cherubimon's spell, but Löwemon is its true form released from this magical power. This form is by no means a baleful one, and is called the battling "Valiant Jet-black Warrior" that becomes the shadow of the other Ten Warriors. Even on its own, its power is comparable to "Fusion-species" like Aldamon, and it is said that it conceals its power that puts the others to shame within the "Neebelnge Ring" placed on its right index finger. As a master of spearmanship, it is an "Executor of Darkness" that pierces evil with the "Danzai no Yari"translation , and purifies it with the "Shokuzai no Tate"translation .
Löwemon and its other forms are associated with Koichi Kimura.
- Black Knight: A heroic one.
- Blade on a Stick: His main weapon is a spear that he can charge with the power of darkness which he uses in his Ewig Schlafdub attack.
- Chest Blaster: The lion head on his chest is used to fire his Endlich Meteordub attack.
- Rage Helm: Similar to Duskmon's but in the shape of a lion's head.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Averted. There are red eyes on his armor, but they're just decorative.
A Digimon that truly inherited the "Spirit of Darkness" of the legendary Ten Warriors. As with Duskmon, the "Spirit of Darkness" was changed into its Velgrmon form due to Cherubimon's spell, but Kaiser Leomon is its true form released from this magical power. It is called the "Jet-black Lion", and its body is covered in a unique metal which shines jet-black and is called "Obsidian Digizoid", a kind of Chrome Digizoid. For that reason, not only is its defensive ability high, but its body armor has a keen sharpness. It is said that after Kaiser Leomon runs through, everything will be cut to pieces by the first gust of that black wind.
- Breath Weapon: His Schwarz Donnerdub attack fires a blast from his mouth.
- Foe-Tossing Charge: His Schwarz Königdub attack involves him charging at his foe while concealed in a lion-shaped aura.
- Power Gem: He has several all over his armor. They are used to charge his Schwarz König attack.
- Shaping Your Attacks: His Schwarz König attack creates a lion-shaped aura around him before he charges.
- Shoulder Cannon: One on each side.
A Digimon that possesses power over Darkness that has transcended legend by inheriting all the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors and acquiring unknown abilities. There are none who have seen this hero, and due to the fact that it doesn't leave behind so much as evidence of the opponents it has confronted, it is called the "Guardian Emperor of Darkness".
- Black Knight: A heroic one.
- Blade on a Stick: He has Löwemon's spear.
- Eye Beams: His Rot KreuzDeu fires beams from the decorative eyes on his helmet.
- Humanoid Abomination: He can disable the laws of physics at will; this dude ain't normal.
- Mix-and-Match Man: It's Löwemon in KaiserLeomon-themed armor.
- Power Gives You Wings: Has a pair of them that neither of his other forms have so he looks more like Ancient Sphinxmon.
- Rage Helm: Löwemon's.
- Shoulder Cannon: He has KaiserLeomon's cannons on his shoulders.
- Story-Breaker Power: His Schwarz LehrsatzDeu disables the laws of physics to bring down the opponent.
Told of in Oriental legends, it is the strongest destructive god and the god which governs over regeneration. It is told that when the Network System descends into chaos, it will erase the existing system, and create a new one.
- All Your Powers Combined: It was created by combining all of the spirits of the Legendary Spirits.
- Expy: Of Omegamon. It even has a Greymon and Garurumon motif on its gauntlets.
- Facial Markings: The stripes on the faceplate of its helmet are Agnimon's.
- Heavenly Blue: It gets the blue parts of its armor from MagnaGarurumon, who is not an example of this.
- Holy Hand Grenade: This seems to be its element based on the way its design incorporates the Kanji for heaven/sky.
- Physical God: It's based on the Japanese god of storms.
- Red Is Heroic: Gets the red parts of its armor from KaiserGreymon.
- Restart the World: Its job is to do this when cyberspace descends into chaos.
- Serial Escalation: Both Hacker's Memory and one of Susanoomon's English cards list its power level as Super Ultimate/Ultra.
- Shaping Your Attacks: Yakusa no Ikadzuchi calls down lightning bolts in the shape of dragons to restrain a target.
- Sword Beam: The Ama no Habakiri attack sends a sword-shaped beam out from the ZERO ARMS: Orochi.
ZERO ARMS: OrochiZERO ARMS: Orochi is a cannon-like digital lifeform which serves as Susanoomon's weapon.
- BFG: It's an apparently living one.