A list of Digimon at the Hybrid level.
As the dub is sometimes inconsistent, the Digimon are listed by their Japanese names, with their English name(s) listed second.
Tropes applying to these Digimon as a whole:
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of their respective elements, in the defensive Human and offensive Beast forms.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": The elements are represented by stylised versions of their names in kanji.
- The Corruptible: The Darkness, Earth, Water and Metal Spirits were stolen and corrupted by a fallen Cherubimon.
- Elemental Powers: A more direct example compared to Digimon in the Armor Level.
- Fusion Dance:
- The Human and Beast spirits can be fused into a single spirit, combining the strengths and balancing the weaknesses of each. Only Ardhamon , Beowolfmon, and Reichmon resemble their previous forms, and the Earth, Steel, Water and Wood Fusions have yet to be revealed.
- The Transcendent Hybrids are the combinations of the Earth, Flame, Ice, Wind and Wood sprits (KaiserGreymon) and the Darkness, Light, Steel, Thunder and Water spirits (MagnaGarurumon).
- When all 20 spirits are combined, Susanoomon is created.
- Power Levels: Depending on what spirit(s) are used, they are classed under certain levels, reflecting how powerful they are.
- Additionally, the Xros Wars manga shows that some Human Hybrids can Digivolve into either their Beast or Fusion forms.
- Tactical RockPaperScissors: Zigzagged regarding attributes. Hybrid Digimon's attribute are Variable, where they can change their variables to match their opponents'. However, this still makes the Hybrid Digimon neutral against the opponent.
- Uniqueness Decay: Being the personifications of the Human and Beast sides of the Warrior Ten and the remnants of their souls, there used to be only one of each. Come Xros Wars and there's multiple instances of them seen.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Controlling a Beast spirit recquires immense concentration in most cases.
The Digimon listed here are categorized by the Elements they are under. For Entries for their ancestors, look at the Warrior Ten in Digimon Mega Digimon Special Groups. For Susanoomon, see Digimon Mega Digimon.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire element:
- Dark Is Evil: Duskmon and Velgemon, being Made of Evil, are utterly repugnant and unpleasant.
- Dark Is Not Evil: By right, especially when their ancestor was heroic and fought against Lucemon's oppression.
- Evil Counterpart: Perhaps more of a "dark counterpart", but the non corrupted spirits of Darkness appear to be this to the spirits of light, appropriately enough. The Human Spirit is humanoid in armor themed after a mammalian apex predator, their Beast Spirit is a quadrupedal robotic version of that same animal, and the Fusion form is their Human Spirit wearing parts of their Beast Spirit as armor.
- Gold Makes Everything Shiny: The Löwemon line uses a lot of gold in their armor.
- Gratuitous German: All of the attack names for Löwemon's evolution line are in German. Duskmon's attacks also have German names. Averted by Velgmon for some reason
- King of Beasts: Not counting the corrupted versions, the entire line has a lion theme.
- Panthera Awesome: With their lion motifs.
- The Sacred Darkness: Duskmon and Velgmon hold corrupted darkness, while this element is supposed to be pure darkness.
The regret of various extinct species of Digimon and the "Forbidden Data" on the Net accumulated into intense dark energy. This energy transforms into the Demon Man, Duskmon. The dark energy exists in order to oppose the light of holy beings, and the one who possesses power over Light is the flip side of the same coin. True evil is sealed within its independent 3 heads and 7 eyes. It has a thoroughly evil personality, so it is both callous and cruel. It is the possessor of Demon Lord-like dignity that is overflowing with perfectionism and confidence. It is invincible in battle when wielding its swords, and does not hesitate with its inhuman attacks.
- Beam Spam: The attack fires a total of nine beams.
- Black Knight: A demonic one in contrast to the heroic Löwemon.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: His gauntlets conceal extendable blades.
- Evil Counterpart: To Löwemon.
- Extra Eyes: Has several all over his armor.
- Eye Beams: His Geist Abenddub fries beams from the eyes on his armor and from his hands.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: He has seven eyes in different spots on his armor and he can use them to look around.
- The Fighting Narcissist: It hates turning into Velgmon because it thinks that form is ugly.
- Mind Probe: His Gedächtnisstörung ability lets him read minds.
- Named Weapon: His attached blades are called "Blut Evolution".
- Rage Helm: Similarly to Löwemon's, the eyes on his helmet are purely decorative.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Both his regular eyes and the ones on his armor are red.
- Technicolor Blade: His blades are red.
Duskmon only slide evolves into Velgmon under extreme conditions, but otherwise prefers not to become this ugly and irrational Beast. To transform, Duskmon becomes dust particles and comes flying out a sky shrouded by the massive black fog formed from the dust. Velgmon has the form of a fell, gargantuan bird, and due to its baleful appearance and nature it's called the Corpse Swallower. It normally attacks its foes with its talons and targets their eyes, and its fangs are capable of crushing metal.
- The Berserker: Why Duskmon doesn't like to transform into it.
- Combat Pragmatist: It tends to blind its enemies while fighting.
- Evil Counterpart: To KaiserLeomon.
- Extra Eyes: It has a third eye in the middle of his head.
- Eye Beams: His Master Of Darknessdub attack fires a beam from his third eye.
- Eye Scream: How it uses its claws.
- Feathered Fiend: He's a carrion bird, considering he's based on Hræsvelgr. It also somewhat resembles prehistoric proto-birds, having a long tail and teeth
- Gratuitous English: Both of his attacks have English names instead of German ones.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over
- Shaping Your Attacks: His Zone Deleterdub attack draws a circle on the ground, which closes up into a dome that looks vaguely like a frowning face before exploding.
- Toothy Bird: It has a beak lined with sharp teeth, as part of its overall slightly draconic look.
A Digimon that truly inherited the "Spirit of Darkness" of the legendary Ten Warriors. The Spirit of Darkness was changed into its Duskmon form due to Cherubimon's spell, but Löwemon is its true form released from this magical power. This form is by no means a baleful one, and is called the battling "Valiant Jet-black Warrior" that becomes the shadow of the other Ten Warriors. Even on its own, its power is comparable to "Fusion Species" like Aldamon, and it is said that it conceals its power that puts the others to shame within the "Nibelungen Ring" placed on its right index finger. As a master of spearmanship, it is a "Dark Executioner" that pierces evil with its spear "Danzai no Yari", and purifies it with its shield "Shokuzai no Tate".
- Black Knight: A heroic one.
- Blade on a Stick: His main weapon is a spear that he can charge with the power of darkness.
- Chest Blaster: The lion head on his chest is used to fire his Endlich Meteordub attack.
- Rage Helm: Similar to Duskmon's but in the shape of a lion's head.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Averted. There are red eyes on his armor, but they're just decorative.
Like how Löwemon is the true form of Duskmon before being cursed by Cherubimon, KaiserLeomon is the true form of Velgrmon. It is called the "Jet-black Lion", and its body is covered in a unique metal which shines jet-black and is called "Obsidian Digizoid", a kind of Chrome Digizoid. For that reason, not only is its defensive ability high, but its body armor has a keen sharpness. It is said that after KaiserLeomon runs through, everything will be cut to pieces by the first gust of that black wind.
- Breath Weapon: His Schwarz Donnerdub attack fires a blast from his mouth.
- Foe-Tossing Charge: His Schwarz Königdub attack involves him charging at his foe while concealed in a lion-shaped aura.
- Power Gem: He has several all over his armor. They are used to charge his Schwarz König attack.
- Shaping Your Attacks: His Schwarz König attack creates a lion-shaped aura around him before he charges.
- Shoulder Cannon: One on each side.
A Digimon that possesses power over Darkness that has transcended legend by inheriting all the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors and acquiring unknown abilities. There are none who have seen this hero, and due to the fact that it doesn't leave behind so much as evidence of the opponents it has confronted, it is called the "Guardian Emperor of Darkness".
- Black Knight: A heroic one.
- Blade on a Stick: He has Löwemon's spear.
- Eye Beams: His Rot Kreuz fires beams from the decorative eyes on his helmet.
- Humanoid Abomination: He can disable the laws of physics at will; this dude ain't normal.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: The only element outside of the main five in Frontier with a known Fusion form.
- Mix And Match Ma: It's Löwemon in KaiserLeomon-themed armor.
Tropes that apply to both elementals
- All Trolls Are Different: Both are partially influenced by folkloric trolls.
- Gag Nose: They both have huge noses.
A Digimon that possesses power over Earth which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. Various weapons and armor are brought to life from its large hands and thick fingers, and its craftsmanship is practical yet artistic. The Grotte Armor that it wears and its main weapon, the Grotte Hammer, are both the handmade Grotte-brand. It prefers to act alone since it hates being ordered about, however its artisan pride is such that once it recognizes someone's true merit, it will obediently abide them, and immerse itself in its own work. Although it's not very intelligent, its pride towards its work is intensely high and it has a strong tendency to take the opponent lightly.
- Drop the Hammer: His Weapon of Choice.
- Mook Maker: It can create Golemon from the earth around it, then gets them to do its bidding.
- Our Gnomes Are Weirder: As a kobold-like earth elemental, Grumblemon has a lot in common with folkloric gnomes.
- Taken for Granite: It likes to turn enemies to stone, then smash them with its hammer.
- Ultimate Blacksmith: Described as such by his cards.
A Digimon that possesses power over Earth which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. It is an earth giant that materialized by coalescing soil from the ground and the components of the atmosphere. During the moment of its materialization, it quenched at high temperature, and its skin changed to one of super-hardness surpassing that of ceramics. Its personality and thoughts are arrogant according to Grottemon. Due to its becoming gigantic, it has become more overconfident and its tactics are also extremely violent. Basically, because it makes light of its opponents, it thinks that fighting them is boring and will often yawn during battle.
- Ground Punch: His ultimate attack is one powerful enough to leave a crater.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: His name is derived from gigas, the Ancient Greek word for "giant".
- Smug Snake: It was already plenty arrogant when it was Grottemon. Being bigger and stronger have just made it even more obnoxiously arrogant.
- Spin Attack: Hurricane Bomberdub .
Tropes that apply to most or the entire element
- Bare Your Midriff: With the exception of Agnimon, all of them wear armor that leaves their midriffs uncovered. None of the other three wear jumpsuits like Agnimon does, either.
- Expy: Of the Greymon line in general and WarGreymon in particular. It's mostly in small ways such as Agnimon's mask and Ardhamon's Brahmashira attack, but the English materials refer to Vritramon as BurningGreymon to drive home the reference as well as lengthening Agnimon to Agunimon to reference the Agumon base form.
- Hot-Blooded: All the forms have this. Agnimon is the only one who attempts to rein it in.
- Sigil Spam: All of the forms in his evolutionary line except for Vritramon have a stylized fire Kanji somewhere on their person.
A Demon Man Digimon that possesses power over Flame which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. Its Digicore is wrapped in the Spiritual Fire. As the result, it is able to freely manipulate flames. It is an incarnation of the "Firewall" that defends the Net, and is a guardian deity. Because of its easily fired-up personality, it has a soldier-like aspect that practices mental training with yoga exercises, and its way of speaking is somewhat archaic, like a kenpo artist. In battle, it fights by freely using Oriental martial arts, and accumulates flames at one point of its body with a trick that focuses its spirit, to raise its offensive ability.
- Anime Hair: Very long and very spikey, though it's not an unusual color.
- Cool Mask: Its design evokes WarGreymon's horns.
- Elemental Punch: His Burning Salamanderdub attack can be used as a punch or as a ranged attack.
- Facial Markings: Two red lines on either cheek.
- Fiery Salamander: Invoked with his attack names.
- Rubber-Forehead Aliens: Agnimon has fangs, red Facial Markings and '80s Hair. His boots are also designed to accommodate claws instead of toes.
- Supernatural Martial Arts: While he trains his body and sharpens his mind, he is able to improvise his fiery powers while fighting.
- Tornado Move: His Salamander Breakdub attack covers him in a fiery tornado.
- Wreathed in Flames: His Salamander Break attack creates a fiery tornado by emitting fire from the armor on his shoulders, wrists, knees and ankles.
A Demon Dragon Digimon that has skin that can withstand high temperatures, the ability to move even through lava, and snuffs out flames with instant, explosive blazes. It is said that it was born from active volcano research data, and it is thought that it contains an immeasurably, unknown energy. The name of the fire dragon, who is considered the nemesis of the thunder god Indra of Indian mythology, is embodied in its ferocious nature. The more heroic its tactics and the more powerful the opponent is, the more it burns with combativeness. It also are has a reckless side that doesn't understand retreating, even in a disadvantageous fight.
- Arm Cannon: One on each wrist.
- Hot Wings: Whether they're normal wings or made of fire depends on the artist.
- No Kill Like Overkill: It snuffs out flames with explosions.
- Spam Attack: His Corona Blasterdub attack fires numerous bullets of fire from his arm cannons.
- Wreathed in Flames: His Flare Storm dub attack involves him lighting his armor on fire and flinging some of said fire at the enemy.
A Demon Man Digimon that combines the powers of the two Spirits of Flame. Although it makes many enemies with its rough behavior, its name is derived from the fused form of a god of Indian mythology, and since it possesses both the wildness of a beast and the intelligence of a human, it fights by converting anger or fear into righteous power that melt and burn everything up beyond a trace. This aspect has enough destructive power, in that moment, to bear a close resemblance to the menace of modern nuclear weapons.
- Anime Hair: Agnimon's.
- Arm Cannon: He has Vritramon's.
- Cool Mask: Agnimon's.
- Facial Markings: Identical to Agnimon's.
- Fireballs: His Brahmashiradub throws a large one at a target. His Brahmastradub attack spam-fires smaller ones from his arm cannons.
- Hot Wings: He has Vritramon's wings, so Depending on the Artist.
- I Love Nuclear Power: Or Ardhamon's, given its powers were compared to it.
- Mix-and-Match Man: It's a combination between Agnimon's head, Vritramon's torso and a more even mix on its limbs and armor.
- Spam Attack: His Brahmastra attack is basically an upgraded version of Vritramon's Corona Blaster.
A Transcendent Species Digimon that possesses power over Flame which is said to have surpassed even the might of the legendary Ten Warriors. It is said to bear the power of the nine dragon's veins that flow through Gaia, and it has been prophesied that if it can restrain the might of the nine dragons, it will demonstrate unfathomable ability and even be able to rule Gaia. It is said that, in order to control their power, it possesses the "Ryūgonken" in which the dragon's souls are sealed.
- Expy: Of WarGreymon. While his line references WarGreymon in various ways, KaiserGreymon is directly based on him.
- Shaping Your Attacks: Its Kuzuryūjindub creates several streamers of fire in the shape of dragon heads. Not surprising since the attack's name translates as "nine-headed dragon formation."
- Shoulders of Doom: Has some pretty impressive dragon-shaped ones.
A Digimon that was transformed into a half-beast, half-man form when Agnimon lost its power. It is missing the "Combat Instinct" that Digimon naturally possess, and moreover, it has lost power. However, it is a being that has inherited a Spirit of the legendary Ten Warriors who possess ultimate strength, so although it has lost power, ordinary Adult-class Digimon aren't a match for it. If anything, it has kindness inappropriate for a Digimon and is similar to an Adult Digimon, counterbalancing its mischievous part.
- Facial Markings: It has white markings under its eyes.
- Fireballs: It can throw them.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Flamon may have lost some of its power, but it's still capable of fighting Champion levels.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire element
- An Ice Person: Ties in with Animal Motifs, where they're based on animals living in cold places.
- Animal Motifs: Ties in with An Ice Person, as the trio are respectively a polar bear, a yeti, and a penguin.
A Digimon that possesses power over Ice which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. It styles itself as holding rank as a member of a polar army's polar region defense force. Since it replies that the matter's top secret if you ask anything about it, the truth is unknown. It's thought to be largely something it dreamed up. However, its operation of the Launcher it carries (nicknamed Romeo) and its precision conduct in battle are genuine, and its survivalist knowledge also has a strong, truly reliable existence. Since it rarely acts of its own volition, it primarily operates in response to someone's requests or orders. It stops doing anything if it isn't being relied on by anybody, and is likely to worry about its purpose in life and get completely depressed. The shots fired from Romeo are special snowballs, so there are several varieties according to purpose.
- Abnormal Ammo: His weapon is a snowball cannon.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The little to Blizzarmon's big.
- Breath Weapon: Has an ice-based breath attack.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: A lot of his official artwork has him sporting this expression.
- Dub-Induced Plot Hole: Bearmon's dub name in Digimon World 3 was Kumamon just like this guy, and the game came out around the same time as Frontier.
- Facial Markings: A red line on either side of his face.
- I Call It "Vera": His snowball cannon is named "Romeo".
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: The smallest Human spirit, it's about the same size as Flamon and Strabimon.
- Shapeshifter: With Tsuraralala, it melts and transforms into a variety of objects such as stalagmites.
- Shout-Out: Its armor bears an immense resemblance to the MS-06 Zaku II.
A Beast Digimon that possesses power over Ice which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. It's closer to recklessness than dauntless courage, but in any case it's a ruffian overflowing with desire and ambition. It's powerfully curious and a show-off, so it's pretty frivolous. On the brink of battle, it always seem to pause to offer a prayer to the god of ice and snow in which it believes, then shouts the names of its Special Moves and something humorous. In reality, it is being shrewd and is closely observing the opponent and terrain, heightening its advantage in combat.
- Blade Spam: His Avalanche Step dub involves swinging his axes numerous times and all of the hits connecting at once.
- Braids of Barbarism: Has five or six Depending on the Artist.
- Combat Tentacles: He can use his braids as these.
- Expy: Blizzarmon combines features of both Ikkakumon and Zudomon.
- Facial Markings: On either side of his face and on his forehead.
- Named Weapons: His axes are called "Eji" and "Oji".
- Non-Malicious Monster: Putting it mildly. Apart from Shutumon, Frontier shows it as being the easiest one of the main five Beast spirits to control, with Tomoki getting ahold of it after a brief and vigorous dance.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Cracks jokes before attacking to distract its opponents from the fact that it's sizing them up.
- Religious Bruiser: Prays to its snow & ice god before battle.
A Cyborg Digimon that possesses power over Ice that has transcended legend by inheriting all the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors and acquiring unknown abilities. Although its wings have degenerated, by flapping the gigantic "Kakikaki-kun" hunk of ice held in its right hand and the "Kochikochi-kun" held in its left, it seems it can momentarily fly in the air. It's free from care because it is able to manufacture both its popsicles on its own even if they melt away.
- Dual Wielding: Popsicles.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: Seems to be the reasoning behind its design.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The Dai in DaiPenmon is the Japanese word for "great" or "big". Daipenmon is a giant penguin.
- Improbable Weapon User: It dual-wields popsicles.
- Lethal Joke Character: It looks absolutely ridiculous, but as it's a Fusion Hybrid it's as strong as a Mega.
- Named Weapons: Its popsicles are called "Kakikaki-kun" (the pink one) and "Kochikochi-kun" (the blue one).
- Our Giants Are Bigger: It is by far one of the largest, if not the largest Hybrid Digimon.
- Palette Swap: Two of its attacks (Ichigo Death and Blue Hawaii Death) involves dipping its opponent in different colored syrup then striking. There's no difference between the effects of the syrups.
- The Stoic: Rarely seen without a bemused expression, in stark contrast to its components.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire elemental
- Expy: Of the Garurumon line. The dub even renamed a few moves to pick up themes from Garurmon's attacks
- Noble Wolf: All of the forms in his evolutionary line look at least somewhat canine.
A Digimon that possesses power over Light which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. The lavender parts all over its body are Saint Amethyst, in which holy light is contained. Due to the holy light, the amethyst retains its extraordinary hardness so long as it keeps its righteous spirit, but the second a negative spirit arises in the possessor, it becomes brittle. It is the possessor of a chivalrous spirit that puts its life on the line for the things it believes in, and hates injustice. Because Wolfmon is taciturn and doesn't really like to concern itself with others, it often has the impression of being cold and unfeeling, but it is actually a kind hearted warrior.
- Arm Cannon: He can fire energy blasts from his
- Dual Wielding: He uses two Laser Blades at once.
- Eye Beams: Capable of using them.
- Laser Blade: His Weapon of Choice.
A Digimon that possesses power over Light which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. It is capable of moving at extremely high speeds, perhaps because it was discovered on an optical communication net, so it slips through the bullets to get close to the enemy, and then its sharply-pointed claws and fangs tear through those it considers evil without wasting breath on discussion. As the possessor of a righteous heart becoming the name of Garmm, who fights with the war god Tyr at Ragnarok in Norse Mythology, its feelings of hatred for evil are stronger than that of others. Although it will never obey those whose hearts are even slightly evil, once it has sworn its allegiance to someone it will never betray them.
- Breath Weapon: Fires lasers from its mouth.
- Expy: Of MetalGarurumon in particular.
- Irony: He's named after a Hellhound.
- Rollerblade Good: He has rollerblade wheels on his feet.
A Digimon that possesses power over Light that has transcended legend by inheriting all the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors and acquiring unknown abilities. It is a strong-armed warrior that possesses both the wildness of a beast and the intelligence of a human, and can easily swing down its double-pleated greatsword "Trinitat" with one hand. In battle, it coolly sizes up the situation and fights without getting heated up, but it believes in the way of the warrior, of fighting for its comrades and challenging strong opponents. It has the "Roland 2" missile pod on its left hand for use in long-range combat, and specializes in both long-range and short-range combat.
- Arm Cannon: It fire missiles now, too.
- BFS: Its sword is made from Garmmon's blades.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Its Arm Cannon sends a small one along with a laser beam.
- Mix-and-Match Man: It's Wolfmon with Garmmon-like armor.
- Shaping Your Attacks: One of its attacks creates a giant wolf made of energy.
A Transcendent Species Digimon that possesses power over Light which is said to have surpassed even the might of the legendary Ten Warriors. It specializes in moving at light speed, and when its aviation unit is equipped it is able to fly at subluminal speeds. Also, its chest armor, its long-range firing "Sniper Phantom" on its right arm, and its mid-range firing "Strike Phantom" on its left arm are capable of being detached, although this decreases a portion of its firepower. By spinning at high altitudes, the "Laser Sights" on its chest are capable of locking onto all anti-air and anti-ground targets, so as soon as it spins at spins at an extremely high altitude and confirms its targets, it commences a full-scale attack. It seems that it's already too late to escape from Magna Garurumon.
- Arm Cannon: It uses two that it can detach when it runs out of ammo.
- Laser Blade: It has one, but doesn't use it as much as Lobomon
- Macross Missile Massacre: One of its attacks.
- More Dakka: It has missiles, cannons and machine guns at its disposal.
- Shed Armor, Gain Speed: It can only use its Starlight Velocity attack after detaching its armor and guns.
- Shoulder Cannon: It has a laser gun on each shoulder as part of the chest armor.
- Super Speed: Starlight Velocitydub utilizes this.
A Digimon that was transformed into a half-beast, half-man form when Wolfmon's power was halved. Because it has not lost its "Combat Instinct", unlike the similar half-beast, half-man Flamon, it has a ferocious side. For that reason, although it has the appearance of a Child Digimon, it will sometimes rampage enough to be out of control even for the typical Adult. As with Flamon, although its power was decreased, it seems that Adult-class Digimon aren't a match for it.
- Foil: To Flamon, as degenerated forms of the Sprits of Flame and Light.
Tropes that apply to both elementals
- Extra-ore-dinary: Their supposed element, but it's not reflected in any of them.
- Eyeless Face: Mercuremon has a mirror with lips for a face and Sephirothmon has eyes everywhere except on its central and "head" spheres. Digimon Frontier used the Zero Unit symbol on the "head" sphere to make Sephirotmon more expressive.
- Mutant: All Digimon under this element are Mutant Type. Justified as they are descended from AncientWisetmon, who is an Ancient Mutant Digimon himself.
- Translation Train Wreck: Referred to Gold in some translations, like in the D-Spirit.
A Digimon that possesses power over Steel which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. It acts as an advisor among the Warriors of Evil, to whom it imparts its wisdom. Due to its aristocratic tendencies, it often obsesses over making sure things are done to its liking; this obsession carries over into battle, where it explains its tactics and the splendour of the equipment it uses one by one. While its brilliant mind allows it to come up with various strategies, at the same time it often ends up arguing with itself in a fast-paced soliloquy because of it. The powerful mirrors on both of its arms are referred to as the "Irony no Tate", and they reflect any damage dealt to it by the opponent's attacks back at the opponent. It also utilizes a peculiar trick where it reflects itself in its mirror, then proceeds to enter the mirror and vanish without a trace.
- Catch and Return: Its main method of attack.
- Eyeless Face: Its face is a mirror with a mouth on it.
- Magic Mirror: Used for attacking and teleportation.
A Digimon that possesses power over Steel which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. It possesses thinking like that of a machine, which lacks emotions. By instantly analysing the enemy, it accurately points out their weaknesses. However, it is very fragile when the enemy makes an action that falls out of its calculations. Its ten spheres each have the same attribute as the other Warrior Ten, and are able to perform attacks with, and conversely, absorb attacks with those attributes. When the enemy's attacks misses or its own attacks miss, it gives out a low-pitched, creepy laugh from its eerie mouth.
- Elemental Powers: It's able to manipulate incoming attacks of all 10 of the elements through its spheres.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: Has them on all but the central and "head" spheres.
- Our Monsters Are Weirder: It's a living parody of the Sephirot tree, covered in eyes.
- Power Copying: Its main strategy is to copy the attacks of others.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: They're all red eyes.
- Tension-Cutting Laughter: Inverted—His laughter is described to be rather creepy. Not to mention it happens when it's about to return what it's attacked with.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire element
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Subverted. Just like their ancestors, they are based on bugs, but Blitzmon is a heavily-armored humanoid and Bolgmon is entirely mechanical.
- Expy: To the Kabuterimon line, though to the less extent compared to Fire and Light. All the digimon are based on the long horned beetle like Kabuterimon, and Bolgmon and RhinoKabuterimon are in the Kabuterimon family, though the former is only by English name (it was dubbed MetalKabuterimon).
A Digimon that possesses power over Thunder which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. Its keen movements, unbecoming of its large build, are a technique to form a high voltage current running through its body. It generates a magnetic field that produces an anti-gravity state in its vicinity, and is capable of high-speed movement. Its overflowing thunder power comes out as sparks from various parts of its body, and although Blitzmon looks mechanical, its personality is, in contrast, expressive and human. Its language is trollish, but it additionally conveys excess warmth. In battle, its underwater mobility is weak due to the nature of its wrestler-like style
- Flight: The only member of his evolutionary line known to be able to fly.
- Ground Punch: One of its attacks is to charge its fist and pound the ground, releasing a burst of electricity along the ground.
A Digimon that possesses power over Thunder which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. It has a cautious and prudent personality because it was discovered in a defense system created in reference to the scarab treasure chamber in the deepest part of the pyramid. During battle, it patiently serves as a shield for its comrades using its sturdy armor and endures the opponent's attacks, but if it reaches its critical point it will go on an intense offensive with all of its gunports until even the opponent's form is reduced to nothing. Because its heavy weight lowers its mobility, it is basically in charge of logistical support. However, in close-range battles it obliterates the opponent with its various armaments.
- Arm Cannon: Has two small normal arms and two cannon arms which are much more prominent.
- Freakin Laser Beams: Its "Ultimate Destroyer" attack has it fire off a positron laser from its head-turret.
- Mighty Glacier: It is incredibly slow, so its tactic is to just tank (heh) enemy attacks, then obliterate them with its retaliation.
- Tank Goodness: Has tank treads and is the bulkiest member of its evolutionary line.
- Unusual Weapon Mounting: Has an even bigger cannon on its head.
A Digimon that possesses power over Thunder that has transcended legend by inheriting all the might of the legendary Ten Warriors and acquiring unknown abilities. It has such a gigantic body and a heavy shell that it could be mistaken for a dinosaur. It has the ability to generate a special magnetic field with ultrahigh voltage electric current, and is able to freely manipulate it using its gigantic horn. Although rushing techniques are its speciality, it doesn't actually come into contact with the opponent, but instead tosses them away with the special magnetic field.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: The only insectoid member of this evolutionary line. It's big enough that apparently it can be mistaken for a dinosaur (though it isn't).
- Mix And Max Critters: While it is definitely an insect Digimon, it does have a ceratopsid-style frill around its head.
- Wave Motion Gun: Capable of charging itself with electricity and firing said electricity off in a powerful beam.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire elemental
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Both forms have red eyes and acted as a villain in the anime.
- Water Is Blue: Represented by the color blue.
A Digimon that possesses power over Water which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. It has a sharp intuition and an unstable mood probably because it was formed in an area that was mostly active in a section of the ocean within a weather forecasting system. Its emotions are erratic; when it feels good, it shows off how graceful and lady-like, but when it is upset, it cries hysterically like a baby. In battle, it rarely attacks directly, and mainly does so indirectly by making rain. However, since its combat abilities are intense when it is emotionally overwrought, its attacks are especially uncontrollable while it is crying.
- Acid Attack: Jealously Rain creates a cloud that showers acid rain.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her navel is visible.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: One with legs.
A Digimon that possesses power over Water which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. It has a half-human, half-beast appearance, and its tentacles are used for offense and defense, doing things like attacking the enemy by rapidly spinning them, or guarding its body by converging them to form a wall. When it comes to the point where it is unable to win a match by attacking or defending with its tentacles, its body retracts into its mantle and it performs a powered up attack with its giant squid figure. The flexibility of its mantle is superior to that of its tentacles, so external physical attacks are ineffective. Although it is good at operating underwater or in the air, on land it manipulates its ten tentacles skilfully and moves like a huge hermit crab. Its personality is sly and short-tempered like a witch.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire elemental
- Bare Your Midriff: Applies to all Digimon under this element including AncientIrismon.
- Ms. Fanservice: JetSilphymon is the only one of them to have armor and even then, it shows her midriff. The other two just have very revealing outfits.
- Winged Humanoid: Fairy wings for Fairimon, bird wings for Shutumon and engines that come out of JetSilphymon's armor and are shaped like wings.
A Digimon that possesses power over Wind which bears the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors. It freely manipulates the atmosphere to display mirages to its opponents, and specializes in attacks that generate "Kamaitachi" made from vacuums. However, it is more proficient in information warfare than in actual combat ability. Although it has an innocent personality brimming with curiosity, and is a gossipy, talkative troublemaker, because it has no ill will for the person, it isn't really hated. It is thoroughly optimistic, and is the possessor of a strong heart that cuts its way through a small difficulties with a smile.
- Ass Kicks You: One of its attacks involves this.
- Facial Markings: A green line on each cheek and on each side of the forehead.
- Fairy Sexy: Just look at that outfit.
- Gratuitous Italian: All of its attacks are in Italian.
- Hurricane Kick: Can do a Spinning Bird Kick-esque attack
- Wind Is Green: Downplayed — Fairimon has green as a secondary color, but the Wind element is represented by pink.
A Bird Man Digimon that, at a glance, looks like a composed adult woman, but although it perplexes its opponents with its languid behavior, it actually has an impish personality that loves to capriciously embarrass people. It does things like purposefully telling its opponent unhappy fortunes or startling them. In battle, it seldom takes the initiative and helps out, but although you don't see its efforts, it will sometimes risk the possibility of getting into trouble. Once it feels so inclined, it glides freely through the sky, manipulating the wind and knocking out the opponent with a secret Mesopotamian spell.
- Ambiguously Human: A human-like being classified as a Beast? It does seem to have birdlike feet.
- Cute Monster Girl: Just as fanservicey as her previous form.
- The Fair Folk: It looks a delicate Mysterious Waif, but it confuses it opponents in battle and you can never tell whether it is willing to help you in battle.
- Troll: It like to disturb or startle its opponents.
A Cyborg Digimon that possesses power over Wind that has transcended legend by inheriting all the might of one of the legendary Ten Warriors and acquiring unknown abilities. By taking in wind and using the wind's power it is able to fly about the sky like a jet aircraft. Also, like the wind, its form cannot be seen as it moves through the sky.
Tropes that apply to most or the entire element:
- Bamboo Technology: Both Arbormon and their ancestor AncientTroiamon embody the element of Wood by being complex mechanical constructs built entirely out of wood.
- Green Thumb: They embody plant life — in some rather unorthodox ways, in AncientTroiamon and Arbormon's cases — and most of their attacks involve the manipulation of plant life in some form or another.
A Digimon that possesses power over Wood which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. The blueprints of an medieval, wooden karakuri puppet converted into its data, so its gimmicks are surprisingly archaic. You can't tell what it's thinking due to its lack of facial expression and being taciturn, and it is usually treated like a puppet by its comrades, but once a battle begins, it makes sport of the enemy with its keen and tricky movements. It is able to shoot strong ivy from the tubes on its back and manipulate the opponent like a marionette. Although its skin is made to be fireproof, its internal parts and joints are vulnerable to fire.
- Bamboo Technology: Is listed as a cyborg type, despite being made entirely of wood.
- Cephalothorax: Its mouth is the hole in the middle of its torso.
- Extendable Arms: One of its attacks involves extending all of its limbs and swinging them at a target.
A Digimon that possesses power over Wood, which bears the might of one of the legendary Warrior Ten. Countless bubs sprouted from Arbormon's surface and suddenly grew, and it changed into a form like a giant lizard with plants over its surface. Although it's just like Arbormon, where you can't tell what it's thinking due to its lack of expression, it possesses a great appetite which is the exact opposite of Arbormon, who doesn't require food. When it opens its mouth, it sticks out ivy-like tongue and swallows anything. When it swallows its prey, the branches on its back grow and it grins eerily just at that moment.
- Breath Weapon: Leaf Cyclone, which fires a leafy whirlwind out its nose.
- Combat Tentacles: Thousand Spikesdub causes its tail to sprout roots through the ground to trap or attack enemies.
- Our Dragons Are Different: It's a wingless Wood elemental, has leaves covering its body and has twin tails that can be jabbed into the ground to ambush its enemies below.