A list of Digimon at the Fresh Level.
The tropes listed here pertain to how these Digimon are portrayed in Bandai's profiles and across the broader Digimon canon, rather than as they are in a single work.
Fresh-Level Digimon are referred to as Youkeni, or "Baby I" in Japan. As the name implies, they're the first form of any Digimon's evolution cycle, and are the smallest and weakest Digimon around.
Tropes that apply to these Digimon as a whole:
- Acid Attack: These small, often slime-like Digimon are generally too young and weak to have the unique attacks their more evolved forms have, and are generally limited to spitting out streams of acidic bubbles to warn off foes.
- Bubble Gun: Their only method of attacking for the most part. There are a few exceptions.
- Cheerful Child: Almost every single one of them.
- Constantly Curious: A standard trait.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: All of them, even the evil ones.
- Waddling Head: Exaggerated — some are just a head!
A slime Digimon which has a bomb-shaped body. The fuse on its tail ignites the moment it hatches from its egg and steadily grows shorter, but because it evolves to the next generation before the fuse disappears, nobody knows what will happen if the fuse went out. It is the owner of a short-tempered personality, and it's said that when it gets in a bad mood, the progress of the fuse gets faster.
- Action Bomb: It's a living Cartoon Bomb. In a twist, however, it never explodes — it always evolves before its fuse finishes burning down.
- Cartoon Bomb: A living version of the classic black sphere with a long wick at one end.
- Extra Eyes: It has three eyes.
A Digital Monster that was just born recently. On the surface of its slime-shaped body, it has grown thick, black fuzz. As it has just been born, it is unable to battle, but it can produce bubble-like objects to intimidate its opponents.
- Black Bead Eyes: Inverted — its whole body is black except for its beady orange eyes.
Although it looks like it is just a pale green bubble at first glance, it is a Bubble Digimon that can move freely and express a plethora of facial expressions. Because its surface has not hardened yet, its defensive power is non-existent and it is equally unsuited for combat. From the portion of its surface that looks like a pacifier held in its mouth, it generates tiny bubbles, and proliferates them immensely. As for that proliferation, at one point it started being used for computer virus development, but because its life-force was too weak that was fortunately never implemented. Although its life is fleeting, it is a lovable baby Digimon that lives earnestly. Its speciality is escaping while the intruder's movement is restricted by the adhesive bubbles it generates within its body.
- Blob Monster: Pabumon's essentially a living puddle of green, bubbly goo.
A small, blue Dragon Digimon child. Although it's small and powerless, it has the potential to evolve into every Dragon Digimon. For that reason, it is a Digimon considered exceedingly valuable by tamers and researchers of Dragon Digimon. It is cherished due to its personality of friendliness and overflowing curiosity, characteristic of Fresh Digimon. Just like other Fresh Digimon, it spits acidic bubbles to attack, but as usual their power is non-existent.
- Bubble Gun: Its only method of attack.
- Magikarp Power: A small and helpless creature that can potentially evolve into a wide variety of powerful dragons.
A super-tiny machine Digimon which has red eyes that function as tiny photosensors. The appearance of it moving around restlessly seem very cute, but because it is carrying nothing but a simple program that moves in reaction to bright lights, if its surroundings go dark it becomes completely unable to move. The reason why is not understood, but when it is in a good mood, it discharges electricity from the tip of its tail.
- Mechanical Lifeforms: Choromon are essentially very, very simple robots reimagined as living beings that can evolve into a variety of more complex mechanical beings — the earliest, most simple form of mechanical life, essentially.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Darkness makes it stop moving
Extremely rare Digimon, which are born as twins from a single Digi-Egg. Why only Zerimon and Cocomon are born as twins is not clearly known at this present stage. What is more, they are not restricted to always being born as twins, and either Zerimon or Cocomon may be born from a single Digi-Egg. Compared to the extremely energetic, one-horned Zerimon, the three-horned Cocomon has a relatively docile personality. Like other Fresh Digimon, it spits acidic bubbles to intimidate opponents.
- Palette Swap: It and Zerimon sometimes hatch as twins and aside from the number of horns, they have identical body shapes.
A Digimon that was born already wearing a leather hat. It looks stronger than the average Baby level due to its equipment, but because it is made of a soft material, it barely offers any defensive protection. It is extremely vigilant, and will retreat into its hat at the slightest provocation.
- Weaponized Headgear: Downplayed. It tries to poke enemies with the brim of its hat, but it's so weak that it doesn't really do anything.
A Slime Digimon whose whole body is covered in tough fur called "Mithril Hair". It manifests an aggressive personality immediately after being born, and despite its fangs not yet being grown, it opens its mouth wide and intimidates the opponent with the manner in which it snaps at them. Because of this, there exist many Digimon which are still deceived, but it is still a rare Digimon.
- Made of Iron: Mithril fur.
- Mithril: Its fur is apparently made out of the stuff, providing serviceable armor.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: One of the few Fresh Digimon actually capable of doing something other than spitting bubbles at the enemy.
A Slime Digimon with an extremely light body that has floated through the air since it was born. When its life is threatened by an assault from a larger opponent, it will thrust at them with the horn on its head to intimidate them with all its might, but because the horn is very soft, the thrust will not injure the opponent.
- Not Quite Flight: It floats due to being lighter than air.
- Spike Shooter: Shoots spikes to attack.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: One of the few Fresh Digimon actually capable of doing something other than spitting bubbles at the enemy.
An extremely rare Digimon. The Babies of Dragon-species Digimon are small in absolute number, and it is said that most of them are captured or die before they grow up. You wouldn't know it to look at it, but there are tiny, closely packed fangs growing with in its mouth, and it is foreseen that it will grow into a powerful Dragon-species Digimon. Although it is powerless, it has the disposition to face those with bigger bodies than its own, and that becomes the reason for its low survival rate. It attacks with bubbles heated by the constant high temperature within its body.
- Fireballs: It uses them in much the same way other fresh Digimon use bubbles.
- Infant Immortality: Averted.
The Fresh form of Hopmon.
- Bubble Gun: Like most other baby Digimon.
A bad-looking Slime Digimon that is always scowling. Even though it is very young, it hates being in crowds, and lives while hiding itself.
- The Aloner: It prefers being alone, a trait that will, by and large, stay with it all the way through to its final form of Beelzebubmon.
- Jerkass: It likes to harass anyone who gets near it by spitting bubbles at them.
- Out of Focus: Hardly appears anywhere ever. The first time it got anything close to major screen time was in 2019, when it appeared in the Digital Monster X Ver. 2 virtual pet.
- Perpetual Frowner: Its artwork shows it with a constant scowl on its face.
A Baby-level Digimon that is the offspring of Dokugumon. They live in countless numbers, and attack intruders in clusters.
- Fun Size: A miniature Dokugumon.
- Spiders Are Scary: Seeing as it's a smaller version of Dokugumon...
- Weaponized Offspring: Used as this by regular Dokugumon.
An Unidentified Digimon that suddenly appeared on the Computer Network. The aggression generated by the malice of people who abuse the Computer Network, and the conflicts which unfold on the Network, manifested and a single Digi-Egg was created. Humanity's destruction instinct is condensed within that Digi-Egg, and as such the mysterious Digimon that was born from it is a very dangerous being. It multiplies like a virus within the Computer Network, causing a slight degree of network failure.
- Faceless Eye: It's a head with an eye, and nothing else
- Squick: Its attacks involves a frothy substance=/=bubbles=/=ball of light coming from its eye, it can also confuse the enemy with its eye.
A Slime Digimon which has a tiny leaf on its tail. It has many of the elements of a plant and the composition of its body includes chlorophyll, so it photosynthesizes to grow. Its leaf-shaped tail protects it from intense sunshine or rain. Due to its pure nature, it doesn't distrust others even when they are frightening. However, it is just a little bit shy. As it was just born it is unable to battle, but its innocent spirit, overflowing with vitality, can make the surrounding people remember pure feelings that were forgotten, wrapping them in a calm air. However, if one tries to mess with it too much, it will spit acidic bubbles to intimidate them.
- Planimal: It's mostly animal-like, but has a leaf for a tail and can photosynthesize.
A Digimon Baby which envelops its whole body with a smoke-like vapor. It is a unique Digimon whose computer kernel (Digicore), said to be at the center of a Digimon's body, is bare, so it seems it protects its Digicore with Smoke. Because its Digicore is bare, Mokumon is a Digimon of an unusual way of life which covers its body in Smoke from when it was burned. It scatters the Smoke issuing from its body all around, then seizes the opportunity to flee.
- Smoke Out: It uses this to escape enemies.
A Seed Digimon whose body surface is covered in transparent tissue. Its real body can be confirmed to be within the transparent skin, and seems to be a variant of Botamon. It is thought that it is perhaps a species of Botamon whose appearance transformed into this herbaceous body. For that reason, it is not only a Plant-species Digimon, but it also has the potential to evolve to Dragon-species Digimon and the like. Its personality is extremely gentle, so it has a timid face.
- Bullet Seed: Its only method of attack, though they're more like seed firecrackers.
A Spirit Digimon that possesses a translucent body. Since its body is light as down, it is constantly drifting through the air. It has the habit of moving upon the winds, and it is said that if the wind's condition is suitable it will migrate a considerable distance. Although it dislikes fights and has a gentle personality, when it gets in a pinch it surprises the opponent by opening its mouth wide, sucking in air, and swelling its body up to three times its usual size, then seizes the opportunity to expel the air and escape.
- Not Quite Flight: Floats due to being extremely light.
Paomon, unlike other Digimon that developed naturally, is an artificial Digimon that was created through human effort to be used for appreciation and rearing. Although there is no shortage of Digimon of the Rookie stage whose configuration program was remodelled through human effort, Digimon artificially created from the Fresh stage are rare. According to one theory it was developed jointly by research groups in Shanghai, Taiwan and Okinawa, but its birthplace is not certain. It will sometimes spit resilient acid bubbles to intimidate the opponent.
- Precious Puppy: A puppy Digimon.
A Slime Digimon that possesses large horns and tiny wings. As its body is extremely light, it lives constantly floating through the air, and maintains its posture in the air by blowing air from its wings and mouth. Although it usually has a cheerful personality, if the three scales on its belly are touched, it goes into an extremely bad mood. When bodily harm draws near, it spits its "Atsui Toiki" to surprise the opponent, while simultaneously using it as propulsive force to quickly flee, so it's not easy to catch.
- Our Dragons Are Different: A tiny, spherical dragon.
- Playing with Fire: It can shoot a fireball at its enemies, as opposed to the acid bubbles most other Fresh Digimon use. It also propels Petitmon away from danger at the same time.
A Baby Digimon that was born from the fruit of a tree. It is said to appear as a Partner before people who have lost and then regained their hope.
- Bubble Gun: Its only attack is to spit acidic bubbles.
A microbe-like Digimon which was discovered in the Net Ocean, which had long been studied as the birthplace of life within the Digital World, it has the smallest size among the many Digimon. Since it seems to be living with nothing but emotions, its behavior changes very frequently. Since it is extremely full of curiosity, it greatly wishes to communicate with the outside world, but as yet, no means to do so has been found. However, it is a Digimon Baby that is loved by everyone, due to its big, bright red eyes which are charming enough to shake the opponent's feelings. It spits out soap-like bubbles from its mouth and blinds the opponent's eyes, then flees.
A Slime Digimon that looks like a species of plant. It skillfully uses its tail, which looks like a leaf, and it moves by jumping little by little. Because it has a very timid personality, it will immediately flee if any strangers approach, but it is said that once it gives its trust to someone, it will be attached to them for life. While escaping the opponent it uses its "Hair Mist", scattering the hairs of its coat to create a distraction.
With a translucent body, it is a Digimon Baby that drifts through the "Net Ocean" like a jellyfish. As it has the most primitive structure among the Digimon discovered to date, it has been showered in attention as the "Missing Link", the key to solving the mystery of the origin of Digimon, by the scholars and enthusiasts studying the roots of Digimon. In order to defend itself from intruders it spews potently acidic bubbles out of its mouth.
- Blob Monster: It is classified as a Slime Digimon.
A new kind of newborn Digimon. Its gelatinous red body is squishy, and there are three feeler-like things growing on its head. It is unable to battle, but it can produce resilient, acidic bubbles to intimidate its opponents.
- Blob Monster: Described as being gelatinous.
A Slime Digimon which has grown a body as light as a bubble, as well as very thin wings. Its somewhat largish eyes are very sensitive to an object's movement, and if something moves it notices it and immediately springs away, but this does not mean it's a coward, as if it continues to be unkind Pupumon counterattacks. If the opponent approaches, it spits "Doku no Awa" from its mouth to attack.
- Poisonous Person: It spews toxic bubbles.
A Slime Digimon with a chubby body similar to silicon, it jiggles flabbily when it crawls forward. Both of its small fins are unexpectedly handy, but to be absolutely precise it is not yet able to fly. As it loves the smell of the sun, on days with good weather it lies sprawled on the lawn and smells the scent of grass with a sniff, immersing it in a good mood. If it gets in a pinch, it foams out acidic bubbles and covers the opponent in them, then seizes the opportunity to flee.
- All Flyers Are Birds: Inverted. Despite looking somewhat like a bird, it can't fly yet.
It is a sacred Digimon Baby who is the template for all Angel-type Digimon. On the other hand, it has poor self-judgment between good and evil, and can be quite adorably mischievous. If anything, it's popular for bringing about euphoria, good fortune, and such. Though as a newborn it's rare for it to do so, it can fly skillfully about the sky with the two wings growing from its back. When it flies about in the sky, it is able to place its opponent in a happy mood with a mysterious powder called "Angel Dust".
- Flight: It's just about capable of this, due to its tiny wings.
- Our Angels Are Different: It's an angel Digimon in baby slime form — an angel larva, essentially — and a general starting point for most lines of angelic Digimon.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: A great many Fallen Angel Digimon, like Lucemon, Lilithmon, Beelzebumon, Daemon or Bagramon, used to be sweet little Puttimon at some point in their lives.
A Chick Digimon covered in soft feathers. Its eyesight is extremely great, and because it is able to survey a vast range, it can react instantly to surrounding movements. Its personality is intensely curious, and it began gaining popularity because it lacks shyness and easily makes attachments. However, it extremely dislikes when its tail is touched, and so if its tail is touched carelessly, caution will be necessary, since it will shower you down in blinding feathers.
- Berserk Button: Touching its tail tends to send it in a furious frenzy.
A mysterious Digimon that is said to only be born on moonlit nights. It is said that Relemon born specifically on the night of the full moon receive it's magical power, and as they grow, are able to use greater and more wondrous abilities than other Digimon. Because it is nocturnal, it seldom appears before people and has a shy personality. It is not able to attack, but it can transform into anything to defend itself, if it is close to the size of its body. However, it can still be found because it can never conceal its tail.
- Lunacy: Relemon born during a full moon grow to become more powerful than others.
- Non-Action Guy: It can't attack at all.
- Shrinking Violet: Described as being shy.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Into anything close to its size.
A tiny Digimon with a single blade protruding from its head. Its whole body is golden, and the blade on its head shines very brightly. Its personality is mischievous and it is constantly moving as long as it is awake, but it is bad at balancing due to the weight of its head, so surrounding Digimon can occasionally be seen running around trying to escape because of it swinging its blade as it rolls around.
Sakumon and its evolutionary line were introduced for the 20th anniversary of Digimon.
- Morphic Resonance: Its entire line shares the same golden colour-scheme.
- Use Your Head: It tries to fight with its head blade, but it's so unbalanced that it's a danger to everything around it.
Six brothers who cooperate with the rescue of their father.
- Fun Size: A smaller, flying Burgermon.
A Baby Digimon which resemble a seed, although it is not a Plant-species Digimon. It cannot fly, but it is able to move over land, water, or anywhere, while hopping and bouncing, and it is said that there is no place where Tsubumon cannot move through. However, because of its small body, it is sent flying on days with a strong wind, and as a result of that it is often mistaken for a Plant-species.
- Not Quite Flight: It can catch the wind to travel long distances.
A Baby Digimon whose whole body is covered in fluffy white hair. It is considered a species of Botamon, and was named "YukimiBotamon" after its white body, but the details are not clearly known. It is weak to heat, and tends to prefer cold places, so its body feels cold to the touch. Its attack technique is breathing out freezing cold air. When YukimiBotamon exhales, the moisture in the air freezes, and falls while brilliantly glittering.
- Breath Weapon: Its Diamond Dust attack is one that uses cold air.
- Palette Swap: It's a white recolor of the normally black Botamon.
A seed Digimon whose whole body is covered in a substance with the appearance of long, soft hair. When it hatches from its digiegg, it seeks an environment suitable for growth, and drifts through the air, like a dandelion seed. If it finds a place where there will be no intruders and where the environment is good, it will settle the ground and begin preparations for evolution. Its offensive ability is practically nil, so it will spit out adhesive bubbles to hinder the opponent's movement, then seize the opportunity to escape.
- Not Quite Flight: It catches the wind like a dandelion seed to cover long distances.
Extremely rare Digimon that are born in pairs from a single DigiTama. Why only Zerimon and Cocomon are born as twins is not clearly known at the present stage. What is more, they are not restricted to always being born as twins, and either a Zerimon or Cocomon may be born from a single DigiTama. Compared to the extremely energetic, one-horned Zerimon, the three-horned Cocomon has a relatively docile personality. Also, unlike other Slime Digimon, Zerimon is perfectly firm other than just the horn on its head. Like other Baby Digimon, it spits acid bubbles to intimidate opponents.
- Blob Monster: Averted despite being a slime Digimon. Its body is actually solid.
- Palette Swap: Of Cocomon; they differ only in coloration and in the number of their horns.
Zurumon was born from the fusion of an extra-malignant computer virus and a computer hacker's evil desires, an evolutionary origin which differs from other Digimon of the special Slime type. It operates its supple body skillfully in order to crawl across the ground.
- Blob Monster: A yellow slime creature that moves around by crawling around on its soft, squishy body.
- Poisonous Person: It's apparently toxic enough that larger and stronger Digimon leave it alone to avoid being poisoned by messing with it.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: It has bright red eyes and, besides being a toxic Blob Monster itself, Digivolves into a selection of unpleasant Virus Digimon.