open/close all folders
ValdurmonAn avian Digimon, Valdurmon served as one of the holy Digimon in ancient times. Now deceased, they provide the Chosen Children vital information in the history of the Digital World and the war between light and darkness.
- Big Good: Valdurmon can only do so much as a spirit, but they are the first major ally the group encounters in the Digital World.
- Feather Motif: The feathers seen strewn throughout the opening and the series proper are one of their representations.
- Mr. Exposition: Valdurmon is the one who explains the war between light and darkness to the Chosen Children, and explains to them just what they need to do now that they're in the Digital World.
GuardromonA machine Digimon, Guardromon was found in ancient underground ruins in Episode 12. Initially shutdown, he regained consciousness to help Mimi and Palmon escape from an Andromon under the influence of Soundbirdmon.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: As repayment for tenderly wiping his body, Guardromon tries to keep Mimi and Palmon safe.
- The Determinator: Guardromon is clearly outmatched by Andromon, being a whole level below him, but he still keeps on fighting against him to protect Mimi and Palmon from him.
- The Dulcinea Effect: From the moment he saw Mimi and Palmon, he dedicates himself to protecting them.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Even as his power starts to fail, Guardromon prevents Andromon from slashing Mimi apart, turning the powerful android and his crushing foot in his direction. Guardromons last moments of heroism gives Mimi the emotions she needs to fuel Togemons evolution to Lilimon for the first time.
- Papa Wolf: Very protective of Mimi and Palmon, keeping them safe from anything they find and fighting Andromon, a Digimon who's much stronger than him, to protect them, even pulling a Heroic Sacrifice for them.
- The Quiet One: Guardromon never says a word. Instead, he steams up to "communicate".
- Undying Loyalty: Towards Mimi and Palmon. He helps them after Mimi's kindness to him and is even willing to fight the much stronger Andromon for them.
Voiced by: Hiroaki HirataA humanoid lion Digimon, Leomon helped rescue Taichi and Yamato in Episode 19 from Valvemon's forces. He's the leader of the resistence force against Devimon.
- Adaptational Badass:
- He's far more powerful then his previous Adventure self, at least as a Leomon himself. While in the original he was not exceptionally strong for his level or size, he can now take out multiple foes at once and even beats a Digimon from a superior level in a unimportant skirmish. He also uses his sword Shishiou-maru far more often, and has an additional attack named Shin Jūoukennote on top of his usual Jūouken.
- This Leomon had also been fighting Devimon's army for quite a while on top of having an entire resistance to back him, where he originally was alone and immediately enslaved by Devimon and only brought the children directly to Devimon for their fateful battle upon being freed.
- Adaptational Personality Change: Leomon has been The Stoic in all continuities, to the point the only times he really changed his expression was when mind-controlled by dark forces. This version of him has much more emotional range, becoming puzzled and shocked by the Chosen Children a couple times. He was also a bit of a loner in previous series, requering some character development to tag along, while this time he leads a band of Digimon.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Downplayed, as he lacks also a shirt instead of being fully dressed, but he doesn't wear shoes.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: He's a humanoid lion that only wears pants, leaving his chest and feet bare.
- Hand Blast: Jūouken and Shin Jūouken unleash energy blasts shaped like a lion's head from his fists.
- La Résistance: Notably a resistance leader against Devimon's forces, though is uniquely tight knit about their members, choosing to aid the children in their quest instead of attempting to have them join despite having the same goal.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: He beat Megadramon, a Digimon a level above his own, while serving as distraction for Taichi and Yamato in Episode 20.
- Reverse Grip: He wields his sword in his left hand in this manner.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Leomon wears pants but no shirt.